PDA

View Full Version : Herschelle Gibbs-BPL is the worst league/ a failure

BrianLara7
October 12, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2012/content/current/story/586438.html

"And the worst league? Gibbs was unusually careful not to launch scathing criticism but said the BPL is one he may not be in a hurry to return to. "Bangladesh has been interesting. It was their first time, so there were a few issues you could not avoid but logistically it was a failure."

Nadim
October 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
Gibbs was the worst foregien player in the BPL.

Its a fact too:)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

MohammedC
October 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
^^^ I think he realised no one will pick him this time so making early excuses.

cricheart
October 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
A Sour grape comment; Cant see H Gibbs in that 'Golden' list anyway.
WTH we got SL & Pak bros in this. I heared three corresponding boards are planning to make seperate biliteral agreements between each other to exchange players for domestic leagues. Prior to slpl SL & Pakistan allready signed an agreemment like that.

dash
October 12, 2012, 05:14 PM
what he said is logistically it was a failure and that too when the question was framed in that way..if you read carefully the worst part was framed by the writer...what came out of his mouth is-
"Bangladesh has been interesting. It was their first time, so there were a few issues you could not avoid but logistically it was a failure."

Dilscoop
October 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
I thought he was being pretty generous with that "first season" excuse....

Ajfar
October 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
Are you guys seriously saying Gibbs is complaining because he won't get picked? Like he really needs to play in BPL to make a living. We need to learn to take criticism properly. We get mad at the messenger and completely ignore the message. I see nothing wrong with what he said. We are planning for the 2nd season of BPL and yet local players haven't been paid yet. If that's not a wake up call, I don't know what is.

BengaliPagol
October 12, 2012, 05:57 PM
You can see the difference in how he explains the BBL and the way he explaina the BPL. It is pretty evident how far away both competitions are in terms of organisation and quality. BPL needs to do a lot of catch up in the next series or else there is going to be harsh criticism from everyone.

BrianLara7
October 12, 2012, 06:02 PM
LOl haha lmfao.. some serious sour grapes in this thread. Gibbs is one of the finest hitters to play cricket during the last decade.. we got guys like Shehzad/ Mustard as foreign players in BPl and Gibbs won't be able to get in..LOL. Some people seriously need to stop shooting the messengers.

MyRoom
November 22, 2012, 07:21 PM
He's probably right as this tournament first season was rushed but I doubt he'll be chosen again after his comments :)