PDA

View Full Version : Shakib Monitor- CL T20 - 2012

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 08:41 AM
Wish he plays well if selected in playing 11 today.

If not selected, then we can also monitor his replacement's performance here...:)

PS: Sorry couldn't find any way to post it in the Leagues section...

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
If it goes by the viewer's choice, then Shakb is definitely in...

Zunaid
October 13, 2012, 09:03 AM
We can hope.

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
We surely can hope ...:)

Most KKR fans think that too... Like many comments on CI preview are like this:

Posted by Victor Argho Bose on (October 13 2012, 09:37 AM GMT)
my KKR team is, 1. Ghambir 2.Kalis 3.Macculam 4.Tiwari 5.Shakib 6.Yusuf 7. Bhatia 8.Narine 9.Balaji I think these 9 should be fixed, other 2 could be selected from the other players. sorry for lee, and abdullah... i think they are not good enough for this season.

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 10:04 AM
Awe.... No Shakib...today ..:(

Ajfar
October 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
So KKR back to their usual routine again. Time to support Warner and Shewag!

crikss
October 13, 2012, 10:09 AM
Gambhir remembered three of his overseas players: Kallis, Lee and Narine

who is 4th ? Kalam na shakib

Maysun
October 13, 2012, 10:11 AM

He said he forgot and couldn't remember. What a captain! :facepalm:

Ajfar
October 13, 2012, 10:12 AM

If Lee is playing than Shakib is out for sure. There is no way they will leave out McCullum after the form he was in WCT20.

mali007
October 13, 2012, 10:13 AM
If they select Lee for Shakib , it will be unfair .

Maysun
October 13, 2012, 10:15 AM
Shakib is not playing as the lineup confirms

Go Sehwag and KP!

Night_wolf
October 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
lol here we go again..everytime kkr starts like this..losers

Rabz
October 13, 2012, 10:32 AM
Lolz... Same old same old..

Isnaad
October 13, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hahah, haar betara haar :D If McCullum's 123 off 58 against a mediocre Bangladeshi attack earned him that place ahead of Shakib, then I'd say Shakib's 84 off 54 against a top attack like Pakistan's just got neglected and they are going to pay for that.

BrianLara7
October 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
KKR didn't do too bad in last IPL... managed to win the cup. So I think they know what they are doing. Narine is clearly a better spinner than Shakib in t20, and in South africa you just don't pick 2 spinners.

simon
October 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
as anticipated, they will never play Sakib as long as one of their overseas players fails miserably .
And we all know KKR never had or never will have their fantastic four without Sakib.

Ajfar
October 13, 2012, 11:21 AM
KKR didn't do too bad in last IPL... managed to win the cup. So I think they know what they are doing. Narine is clearly a better spinner than Shakib in t20, and in South africa you just don't pick 2 spinners.

This is probably the reason. Plus KKR has a very weak pace attack, so Lee/De Lange is a must for them in these conditions. Unfortunately Shakib's playing time will depend on how other players do, specially the fast bowlers.

roman
October 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
I have said this before...They are playing in SA not in India. Condition matters. In SA condition, Lee is more effective than Shakib with the ball. KKR never needed batsman Shakib. So not surprised with Shak's exclusion..

No Shak = No support for KKR..

Roni_uk
October 13, 2012, 12:24 PM
come on DD.... KKR is being blown apart. Shakib could have done a world of good for them with the bat today...

KKR - 2.1 overs - 3 wickets down

mali007
October 13, 2012, 12:29 PM
KKr is paying the price by dropping Shakib , 3 for 3 , what a debacle !!

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 12:39 PM
I have said this before...They are playing in SA not in India. Condition matters. In SA condition, Lee is more effective than Shakib with the ball. KKR never needed batsman Shakib. So not surprised with Shak's exclusion..

No Shak = No support for KKR..

They are technically 4/4 ..:) they even need Shakib as a batsman, remember they used him quiet up the order in IPL as well. And it's SA but spinners are equally effective here. A quality spinner is very much useful even in these conditions. The way Balaji was being hit today, you can't conclude that just any pacer is ok here.

I think Shakib is coming in from the next match, since Kallis is injured and he may not like to hurry into any match soon.

Anyway... KKR is on their way to a massive loss I guess...:)

roman
October 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
They are technically 4/4 ..:) they even need Shakib as a batsman, remember they used him quiet up the order in IPL as well. And it's SA but spinners are equally effective here. A quality spinner is very much useful even in these conditions. The way Balaji was being hit today, you can't conclude that just any pacer is ok here.

I think Shakib is coming in from the next match, since Kallis is injured and he may not like to hurry into any match soon.

Anyway... KKR is on their way to a massive loss I guess...:)
You and me know that any pacers won't do the trick there and quality Spinner is very useful in SA conditions but KKR managements think otherwise unfortunately. That's always been the case. The limited opportunities he got to bat up the order wasn't that fruitful for them. It's unfortunate but it seems like Shak always has to wait for another foreign player to fail. Atleast that's how things have been so far.

I hope Shak will play the next match but won't be surprised if they pick another Tom Dick Harry type player ahead of Shakib. It's KKR after all..

BANFAN
October 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
You and me know that any pacers won't do the trick there and quality Spinner is very useful in SA conditions but KKR managements think otherwise unfortunately. That's always been the case. The limited opportunities he got to bat up the order wasn't that fruitful for them. It's unfortunate but it seems like Shak always has to wait for another foreign player to fail. Atleast that's how things have been so far.

I hope Shak will play the next match but won't be surprised if they pick another Tom Dick Harry type player ahead of Shakib. It's KKR after all..

:up: ...............ya it's KKR :(

Maysun
October 13, 2012, 01:41 PM

They only have 6 overseas players in their squad. If Kallis is out, the only overseas replacement available are Shakib and RtD. Or they could go with an Indian which I don't see it happening.

Tiger444
October 13, 2012, 01:59 PM
Shakib will probably come in for Kallis next game

Dilscoop
October 14, 2012, 01:17 AM
^ I was thinking the same too. Hopefully he will bat at 3 too. Or at least at 4.

Naimul_Hd
October 14, 2012, 01:25 AM
Alhamdulillah. :)

godzilla
October 14, 2012, 01:36 AM
how can you not include him after his awesome batting show against PAKISTANI PACE BOWLERS?

zinatf
October 14, 2012, 02:55 AM
:lol: haaro KKR haaro :floor:

too bad Kallis retired hurt and the struggling skipper couldn't create wonders!

While, Narine got 3/21!

cricket_king
October 14, 2012, 05:15 AM
Shakib is in a team with a legendary all-rounder and fantastic young spinner.

KKR is probably not the ideal team for him if he wants opportunities to play. I wish he was given the chance to play for another team.

Rabz
October 14, 2012, 06:22 AM
Shakib Monitor:

1st Match : Bench.

Kohli_Sox
October 14, 2012, 06:57 AM
I don't know why we get hurt; Shakib is proven performer and WORLD CLASS player, it doesn't matter whether he gets to play for a foreign franchise or not. It really doesn't matter at all imo. It's about time we should give less focus to these one off UNNECESSARY tournaments esp T20s

Maysun
October 14, 2012, 10:36 AM
i don't know why we get hurt; shakib is proven performer and world class player, it doesn't matter whether he gets to play for a foreign franchise or not. It really doesn't matter at all imo. It's about time we should give less focus to these one off unnecessary tournaments esp t20s

unnecessary?

simon
October 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
I won't blame KKR for not picking Sakib, I thought it was alright, Brett Lee in SA conditions, Kallis for his all round abilities and his batting, Narine is a must, Kalam bhai was good in T20 cup and should be good in SA conditions.
But if Kallis is injured Sakib should/better be in .
KKR's batting is terrible with a struggling Gombhir, if only Sakib can score some runs his spot will be permanent.

AbuDarda
October 14, 2012, 11:06 AM
I won't blame KKR for not picking Sakib, I thought it was alright, Brett Lee in SA conditions, Kallis for his all round abilities and his batting, Narine is a must, Kalam bhai was good in T20 cup and should be good in SA conditions.
But if Kallis is injured Sakib should/better be in .
KKR's batting is terrible with a struggling Gombhir, if only Sakib can score some runs his spot will be permanent.

KALAM is a rubbish player,just like batsman afridi or ashraful type player! one eid innings in 20 matches!! only one hundred in hole world t20 but could not score a single fifty! what a inconsistent batsman!!!

sharup
October 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
If he doesn't play I'd say it's a blessing in disguise. Operation and WI at home. He's gonna need some rest.

simon
October 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
KALAM is a rubbish player,just like batsman afridi or ashraful type player! one eid innings in 20 matches!! only one hundred in hole world t20 but could not score a single fifty! what a inconsistent batsman!!!

magar dard e disco bhai , BoKolOm bhai is the n°1 T20 batsman :o http://www.cricketworld4u.com/player-ranking.php

If he doesn't play I'd say it's a blessing in disguise. Operation and WI at home. He's gonna need some rest.
good observation , it's ok then.

Ajfar
October 14, 2012, 12:12 PM

Yes a rubbish player with an average of 36.77 and SR 135.65 in T20 international. In which universe does Afridi and Ashraful have Hundreds under their belt in T20 cricket. Only a handfull of batman's have hundred in T20 cricket, Domestic/International combined. He has 5 Hundred in Domestic T20 league and 2 hundreds in international games. McCullum has 9 50s in international T20 cricket, which is the 2nd highest number of 50s after Chris Gayle who has 10 50s under his name. But guess what he hit more 4's and 6's than Chris Gayle. McCullum hit 159 4's and 67 6's as oppose to Gayle's 86 4's and 59 6's. Players don't rain 50s and 100s in T20 every time they go out to bat. For players like Gayle and McCullum the task is to get the team of to a quick start and lay the foundation down for the rest of the innings. So in conclusion, McCullum is Bradman in T20 comparing to Ashraful and Afridi.

BANFAN
October 14, 2012, 01:30 PM

Any skill is better if in use, un necessary resting rather is damaging for him and us.

sharup
October 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
Any skill is better if in use, un necessary resting rather is damaging for him and us.

That depends on circumstances. He's soon to have an operation. It's unnecessary for him to give his heart and soul for his club and possibly damage his knee further which could result him being out of the BD team as well. No point in taking all that risk. I think some rest will do him good. If I get it right he's gonna have the operation after the WI series. In that case it makes a lot of sense not to play every match for KKR. I'd rather he performs better for his country than his club. I am sure he feels the same way too.

dash
October 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Cricket/ColumnsCricket/Lean-form-around-birthday-is-puzzling/Article1-944684.aspx

but I am worried about finding a spot for Shakib al-Hasan. It is tough to keep a player of his stature out. I dearly want him and Narine to be bowling in tandem.

dash
October 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
তবে আমি একটু দুশ্চিন্তায় সাকিব আল হাসানকে নিয়ে। ওকে কোথায় খেলাব ভেবে পাচ্ছি না। সাকিবের মতো একজন ক্রিকেটারকে ডাগ আউটে বসিয়ে রাখাটা খুব কঠিন কাজ। আমি তো চাই সাকিব আর নারিন দু’জনেই টিমে থাকুক। স্পিনটা দেখে নিক। আপনাদের কী মনে হয়? দেখি, টিমের সতীর্থরা কী বলে এটা নিয়ে
http://www.anandabazar.com/15khela2.html

mali007
October 14, 2012, 09:28 PM
You better drop Kalam for Shakib .

al-Sagar
October 14, 2012, 11:36 PM
ajke kee shakib bhai khelbe ...... MOM hobe ...... century hobe ............. 5fer hobe ........................

BengaliPagol
October 15, 2012, 03:48 AM
Cmon Shakib get a man of the match award today. One thing that everyone has forgotten about is ten Doeschate. If the pitch is pacy they might opt with ten Doeschate because his pace might be handy. He can also bat as well which is a plus. So its a tug of war between Shakib or RTD. Even though Shakib is better, RTD slots into the Kallis role much better than Shakib since he can bowl pace. And KKR could quite possibly put Abdulla in for Pathan.

1. Gambhir
2. M. Bisla
3. McCullum
4. M. Tiwary
5. S. Al Hasan
6. D. Das/Abdulla
7. Bhatia
8. B. Lee
9. Sangwan
10. S. Narine
11. Balaji

Naimul_Hd
October 15, 2012, 06:51 AM
Watson has been asked to leave CLT20 and to join the training camp for upcoming series against SA. I think, Shakib should also think about his injury and take care of it properly. Only playing couple of matches won't do any wonder to him than putting him at risk.

AbuDarda
October 15, 2012, 07:09 AM
Kalis is injured,so there's a strong probablity today.......

BANFAN
October 15, 2012, 07:25 AM
He might as well play, but RTn has equal opportunity to replace JK..too...:)
Lets hope he does.

mufi_02
October 15, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricinfo comment board is again full of us crying Shakib Shakib. Here we go again!!

cricheart
October 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Kallis injury is bad news for KKR. If I were a kkr fan, I wouldn't mind much if it was McCullum with Bisla keeping & better be stay way from an inconsitant one. Right now kkr lacking pace & batters both; not sure how much this will improve with Shakib/Tendo in the squad.

Isnaad
October 15, 2012, 09:34 AM
Cricinfo comment board is again full of us crying Shakib Shakib. Here we go again!!

You don't say! Feels much better when Shakib speaks with the bat and ball, not the fans' excessive whining.

BANFAN
October 15, 2012, 09:48 AM

We need a lot more time and successes as a nation to be civilized. If you tell them to stop, they will translate it as anti Shakib. There are a few Facebook pages like, BPL andBangladesh Cricket... They do it at Admin level to incite the people ... :(

BANFAN
October 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
Shakib doesn't look to be in the team even today ... Just guessing:)

tonoy
October 15, 2012, 10:03 AM
Brett Lee dropped. Shakib in.

Razi
Shak playing despite Kallis in the XI, he replaced Lee, now that's a surprise from KKR considering the pitch and overhead conditions.

Maysun
Well Shakib replaces Lee

BANFAN
Ok... Just confirmed, he is playing....:)

Habib
October 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hoping for a good performance from Shakib.

BANFAN
October 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
These pitches aren't only for the pacers... Any quality bowler can be effective here. Shakib also brings in batting .. Which you don't get with lee...so, a good decision IMO

crikss
October 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
KKR management saw cricinfo comment board and changed their decision...lol

mufi_02
October 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cricinfo Headline is very straightforward and awesome --

Kolkata pick Shakib and bat

Now, that will quiet our deshi posters who goes nuts in Cricinfo

mufi_02
October 15, 2012, 10:12 AM
Simon isn't cool with KKR's team change: "Shakib for Lee? Really? He was good in the last game (much better than Balaji) and anyone who bowls in the 90s is a weapon worth having."

-- CI commentary

Amader simon bhai ei kaj to korlo ken :smh:

Shubho
October 15, 2012, 10:13 AM
Simon isn't cool with KKR's team change: "Shakib for Lee? Really? He was good in the last game (much better than Balaji) and anyone who bowls in the 90s is a weapon worth having."

-- CI commentary

Because it is a valid point!

zinatf
October 15, 2012, 10:16 AM
Great Iceman's in today!

Kyle Mills is there for Auckland Aces....Iceman better be careful!

cricheart
October 15, 2012, 10:17 AM
Just hope he keeps performing and stays away from endangering into injury. Especially the one he is having, dont make it severe.

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 10:28 AM
Shakib in today - Alhamduliaaah :D

GO KKR

ialbd
October 15, 2012, 10:47 AM
while waiting for Shakib, couldnt help but bringing this up....

cant remember when was the last time I saw Gambhir bat pass the 3rd over of a T20 innings...

anyways back to the waiting game..

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
out hoy na kan? choy over to hoiya galo.
OI Gombhir... Shakib re patha.. aar koto wait korum!!

simon
October 15, 2012, 11:10 AM

-- CI commentary

that's confusing,although its not me but we share the same reaction.

Shubho
October 15, 2012, 11:11 AM
that's confusing,although its not me but we share the same reaction.

Simon, you maast be pom Gana.

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
Bisla to dekhi gorib desher bowler peye bhaloi pitacche.

Shubho
October 15, 2012, 11:17 AM
Kallis gone. Bring on the Shakster.

mufi_02
October 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
Haha KKR. Now Tiwary gone

AsifTheManRahman
Bisla to dekhi gorib desher bowler peye bhaloi pitacche.
Jinxed. Great success!

Ek dhil e 3 pakhi

Shubho
Tiwary gone first ball! Bring on the Shakster!

Roni_uk
Kallam gese.. Kallis khalas....

Tiyari hoilo torkari... Azhar on hatrick.. here comes Shakib the *STAR*

kalpurush
October 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Kallis gone!

Keeping out Lee is a mistake IMHO.

mufi_02
October 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
Shakib and Kalam in the crease now. Wow, that must be little awkward.

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
Wasn't Lou Vincent a wk in his international cricket playing days?

Roni_uk
Maiden double wicket!!!!!

kalpurush
Here is Shak's chace to show that he worths every penny...

roman
Shakib in and survives the hattrick ball

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
Wicket maiden in a T20 - Azhar Mahmood is a beast. Just goes to show what age and experience, when utilized properly, can do.

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
good to see Shakib taking this opportunity to practice for our upcoming Test against the West Indies ;)

AsifTheManRahman
Wicket maiden in a T20 - Azhar Mahmood is a beast. Just goes to show what age and experience, when utilized properly, can do.
What the...

Anees: "Azhar Mahmood is like wine - the older it gets, the better it is."

I'm definitely pom Gana

kalpurush
Ash is listening.... :facepalm:

kalpurush
October 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
Asif, please no more comments on Shak...you are coming out an "ojha"

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:31 AM
gosh.. this match is getting so boring. KKR prob will lose again!!

kalpurush
October 15, 2012, 11:32 AM
Saying Kalam an ordinary batter in T2o is a sin!

simon
October 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
Simon, you maast be pom Gana.

I wish :sigh:

roman
October 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
Stage is set for Shak to make a statement with the bat. Go Shak...

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
Shakib is wasting far too many balls

kalpurush
October 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
Stage is set for Shak to make a statement with the bat. Go Shak...
Shak's chance to be come out as "GOD"....

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:38 AM
Kallam bhai gone!!! now Shakib is their only hope

simon
October 15, 2012, 11:38 AM
Bokolom out.
Kalam's scores after the 123 vs BD, 32 ,25 ,10, 22 in world cup.
Nothing extraordinary, against our pathetic bowling it was coming

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:41 AM
Azhar Mahmood to Shakib Al Hasan, no run, slower short ball, goes down leg, but is not called a wide
Umpire ki Nadir Shah naki?

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Bokolom out.
Kalam's scores after the 123 vs BD, 32 ,25 ,10, 22 in world cup.
Nothing extraordinary, against our pathetic bowling it was coming
Ajke Azhar Mahmood ke Shafiul mone kore pitate parlo na?

Obossho mone korbei ba ki kore, Azhar Mahmood er to aar pushtir obhab hoy nai.

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Good.. Shakib took six runs off this over!!

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mills back, uh oh.

simon
October 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sakib gone :smh:
KKR will lose it too

ialbd
October 15, 2012, 11:46 AM
hmm just 15 from 22......

kalpurush
Ok. Bye bye!!!

roman
Shak gelo re :(

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mills back, uh oh.
Success! I've Shamimed four KKR batsmen today.

BANFAN
October 15, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mills ....:)

Maysun
October 15, 2012, 11:48 AM
That was a stupid shot. I know it's the 17th over and they're behind the par score, but he should have waited for the right delivery.

simon
October 15, 2012, 11:48 AM
so :yawn:

kalpurush
October 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
Success! I've Shamimed four KKR batsmen today.
KKR might send a snipper to hunt you ATAMR!!!

BANFAN
October 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sakib gone :smh:
KKR will lose it too

Don't be sure, it will be very difficult to chase any score in this wicket.

Roni_uk
October 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
Shakib - only 15.. dhuro!! Once again he proves that he gives a sh*t about batting in IPL.

simon
Don't be sure, it will be very difficult to chase any score in this wicket.

ho,dekhum ne

Night_wolf
i just dont know what happens to shakib when batting for a foreign team, he hasn't scored a decent innings either for KKR or Worcs..only time he scored a 30+ innings was vs pune..in that innings also he should have been stumped at 5

:facepalm:

Tiger444
October 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
i just dont know what happens to shakib when batting for a foreign team, he hasn't scored a decent innings either for KKR or Worcs..only time he scored a 30+ innings was vs pune..in that innings also he should have been stumped at 5

:facepalm:

Forget about IPL, Shakib actually doesn't perform too well in the DPL either. I guess he's just better once it comes to the national team. I don't mind that though, it's much better for him to perform in international competition then in domestic competition. You don't want a Mahmudullah or Mushy who perform great in domestic but are average in the international arena.

MohammedC
October 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
out hoy na keno

MohammedC
October 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
end of shakib monitor.

BrianLara7
October 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
Idiotic decision by KKR to play 2 spinners in South africa and no genuine pacers.

zazabor
October 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
mone hoi ajker tai Sakib er 1st n last match in CL12

MohammedC
October 15, 2012, 12:30 PM