PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh to Tour Pakistan in December?

Pages : [1] 2 3

cricman
October 24, 2012, 04:33 AM
All over the Newsfeeds

The Bangladesh Cricket Board has reportedly agreed to send its cricket team to Pakistan for three one-day internationals and two Twenty20s in December.

The Daily Jang newspaper says new BCB president Nazmul Hasan will chair a meeting on Wednesday after which the tour will be announced.

Bangladesh was scheduled to tour Pakistan in April for a short series, but it was cancelled after its high court ordered the visit be suspended due to security concerns.

No test team has toured Pakistan for 3 1/2 years since gunmen attacked the Sri Lanka team convoy in Lahore in 2009.

Last weekend an International World XI comprising of retired players from West Indies, South Africa and Sri Lanka played two exhibition Twenty20s in Karachi.

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/international/news/121024/Bangladesh_to_tour_Pak_in_December

Zunaid
October 24, 2012, 04:36 AM
Here we go again.

Nadim
October 24, 2012, 04:37 AM
Lotus and Papon vowed to tour Pakistan so it will happen:sick:

Lotus was saying he is greatful to pak chairman for the ICC role, and in return he will give his everything to send bd in pak
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

F6_Turbo
October 24, 2012, 04:43 AM
A little light reading from the international friendlies that took place a few days ago

But the PCB has done its best to keep this weekend's matches at arm's length, terming them ‘unofficial’ and insisting it bears no responsibility for security, fearful that any breach would set back the rehabilitation process. Indeed, since the Bangladesh humiliation, the PCB has been very reluctant to say anything about its efforts to persuade overseas sides to visit, leading many to wonder if they are making any efforts at all in this direction. Mani criticised the PCB for its apparent lack of a clear strategy. "I don't think they have gone about reviving cricket in a normal way," he said. "It seems they are making efforts on an ad-hoc basis and not getting involved in these matches in a big way. It is disappointing." PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf said luring international teams back to Pakistan was not easy, but insisted the board was taking measures to restore confidence. "We have planned to build a huge stadium (in Islamabad) along with a hotel within the premises that will allow surveillance with heavy security and teams will be carried from the airport to the stadium with the help of helicopters," he said.
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/sports/20-Oct-2012/small-step-towards-normality-for-pakistan

Jadukor
October 24, 2012, 05:08 AM
Saqlain doosra naa shikhaile jamuna kintu!

Ajfar
October 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
Abar shuru hoilo. Khub bhalo notun presidente. Chalaiya jaw icha moto, loitta pare nai ekhon tumi complete koro.

Mav
October 24, 2012, 05:53 AM
Thanks to our new president, loitta gone pappu in. We are the guinea pig now.

cricheart
October 24, 2012, 06:44 AM
IMO This aint happening; election is nearby and AL cant afford showing anymore barbie love here for Pakistan with no notable profit but to engage into more Muslim brotherhood image.

BANFAN
October 24, 2012, 07:24 AM
This has become proven now, that PCB can be exploited by this to get their support. LK succeeded .. Now Papon bhai will also keep it alive to buy their support on things that he wants to get...:)

anyway, they will not let it die down, till It dies...politics...:)

simon
October 24, 2012, 07:25 AM
tabijch please !

Rabz
October 24, 2012, 08:18 AM
Pressure tactics once again??
Putting the new president into spotlight even before he chairs his first meeting.

Saifulsohel
October 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
It's a rumour until now.

meazz1
October 24, 2012, 09:19 AM
A lojja ker?

Saifulsohel
October 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
Meeting over.No announcement.

BrianLara7
October 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
LOL what a joke, even zimbabwe has not toured Pakistan yet (as it should be) and they expect us to be goats for slaughter.. our players and team might be useless but that doesn't mean their lives are any less precious than those of so called non minnows. We should not visit Pakistan till atleast two or three of the "big" countries agree to visit.

kalpurush
October 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
IMO This aint happening; election is nearby and AL cant afford showing anymore barbie love here for Pakistan with no notable profit but to engage into more Muslim brotherhood image.
I think the opposite though!

AL might try to break the anti Pak stance to get the swing voters by sending the Tigers to Pakistan.

NoName
October 24, 2012, 12:39 PM
Explains why they bought bullet-proof buses:lol:

kalpurush
October 24, 2012, 12:44 PM
Explains why they bought bullet-proof buses:lol:
Sone one seems very good in math! :)

Roni_uk
October 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
I wonder if Pybus knew it before resigning ;)

F6_Turbo
October 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
I think the opposite though!

AL might try to break the anti Pak stance to get the swing voters by sending the Tigers to Pakistan.

People actually discussing this 'angle' :facepalm:

Voters who give such trivial issues importance need to swing....swing from trees that is.

mij
October 24, 2012, 05:20 PM

:up::up::up:

MohammedC
October 24, 2012, 05:37 PM

The Law Syndrome!!!

kawsar
October 28, 2012, 06:34 AM
Nothing will happen to our team man, grow some balls like real tiger not like a cat....I visited pk and it's safe and normal out there...no one will blow bd players at the end of the day we are Muslims and that's all they care about so they won't kill us, beside they have a lot of respect for us bangalis in pk......I only think they might blow India and England if they visit....rest no problem you guys are judging the situation according to media hype, go and visit yourself then judge I'm sure your viewpoint will change

Zunaid
October 28, 2012, 07:03 AM
Nothing will happen to our team man, grow some balls like real tiger not like a cat....I visited pk and it's safe and normal out there...no one will blow bd players at the end of the day we are Muslims and that's all they care about so they won't kill us, beside they have a lot of respect for us bangalis in pk......I only think they might blow India and England if they visit....rest no problem you guys are judging the situation according to media hype, go and visit yourself then judge I'm sure your viewpoint will change

Seriously? It's normal that they might only blow up Indians and the English.

Who do you think they are blowing up daily over there? Wiccans? Do you purport to speak for them?

zinatf
October 28, 2012, 07:09 AM

Wow!

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/344/1/4/Baby_Facepalm_Poster_by_Nianden.jpg

sharup
October 28, 2012, 09:40 AM
Why are they always targeting us to visit them for reviving their international cricket matches at home? Could it be that if our players get blown into pieces it won't matter that much because we are Bengalis, we are 'macchchis' (fish lovers, i hate it when indians and pakis call us that) or we are less of a cricketing nation to them or the world won't lose much?

Why do they have to experiment with us for possible devastating consequences? More importantly why does BCB take their bait? They always play the 'Muslim brothers' card and some of our fans too. Why didn't they think about that when killing their fellow Muslims in 1971?

shuridh
October 28, 2012, 10:52 AM
The news of bomb blast regularly can be heared from pakistan.
Being muslim gives you no security in pakistan.
Go mister and check the list of the people who killed in pakistan by terrorist.
99% of them muslim.
In pakistan there was bomb blast even in eid day 1 or two year ago.
Regular attack on shia muslim locality and barelvi sunni muslim saint shirens happens.
And don't talk about muslim brotherhood of pakistanis for us.

When in 1971 those pakistani army and ruler does not hesitate to kill millions of bengali muslim man,woman,child.
When those pakistani rulers and army does not hesitate to attack on lakhs of bengali muslim woman's dignity.
It is very funny to think the pakistani terrorist group will show any different attitude to our bengali muslim cricketer.
Those terrorist group don't even spare their own muslim population in pakistan for god sake.
And the less you speak about pakistanis respect for bengalies is better.
What pakistani people think for bengalies 1947-71.
The pakistani people always showed their supiority complex over the comperatively dark skinned,not so talled bengali people.
How much pakistani people showed respect for our language,culture.
They even laugh over the fact we eat fish.
Go to any pakistani online forum still majority of pakistani think what their army did on us in 71 is right.
Zaid hamid false propagana over 71 war how much support there.
Go and see how majority of pakistani think low about our bengali language and culture.
The feeling among pakistani that just because we bengali muslim love our bengali language and culture we are less muslim from them is still prominent.
What i say above can you deny it and you say they have respect for us.
Today we may have any non muslim player in our team.
But in future may be Some liton das,soumya sarkar,shvagoto home will also represent our country.
So if you think they don't attack on muslim player so we should go there.
If we go today on this logic.than tommorw we may also have to go pakistan.
May be that time some soumya sarkar,liton das or shuvagato home will also represent in lal-sabuj joursey if fundamentalist attack on them just because they are non muslim by faith.
What you will feel.
For me every player represent my country is equally important.
What ever their religious faith.
So it is a question of principle.
And last thing pakistani may blow over indian or england team you say. Why just because majority of indian and england player may be hindu or chirstian by faith.
If that is true than it is very narrow minded attitude.
I condem it strongly
England,Indian team will also have muslim player.
Just because zaheer khan,irfan pathan,sajid mahmood represent their country.Does it make them less muslim in the eye of pakistani that you say pakistani may blow over their team.
Sportsman represent a country.
They comes with the massage of love,good will,harmony.
They are guest.
They may belong to different religion and race also.
Those people who thinks to attack guest just because of guest's religion and race are not worthy to consider as human.
No country should visit in such case.

I hope government high command will think about security threat of visiting pakistan and hopefully cancel the tour.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BANFAN
October 28, 2012, 06:39 PM

That's a breaking news for me.....:) that's a revealation....!! when did that revolution happen exactly, I mean since when they started caring for Muslims?? Since "52 in EP till last week in Beluchisthan they didn't care about killing Muslims..!! Where did you get that breaking news from??

Looks like you had a guided tour to some Madrasa and flew straight out from there...:)

Rabz
October 29, 2012, 01:22 AM
Can we offer them some fresh Qurbani'r mangsho in exchange of a safer tour ??
Promise it would be deshi goru and not those ugly looking indian ones.

boka
October 29, 2012, 03:03 AM
[বাংলা]
কি এমন সমস্যা পাকিস্হান গেলে ??
আমরা তো জানিই যে আমাদের খেলোয়াড়দের ওরা ভালোই নিরাপত্তা দিবে
৯৯ ভাগ সম্ভাবনা আমগো পোলাপাইনগুলার কিছুই হইবো না
১০০ ভাগ কইলাম না - কারণ দুনিয়াতে পারফেক্ট কিছূই না........

যদি আমাদের লাভ হয় তো যাইতে ক্ষতি নাই
তবে নীচের শর্তগুলা মানলেই যাওয়া যাইতে পারে

১) ১টা টি২০ আর একটা ওডিআই খেলবো
২) আইসিসি তাদের এলিট প্যানেলের আম্পায়ার কর্মকর্তা দিতে হবে খেলা চালানোর জন্য
৩) বিনিময়ে আমাদের সাথে জুন-জুলাইয়ে সারজা বা বাংলাদেশে ৩টা করে টেস্ট খেলতে হবে ২০১৩ এবং ২০১৪তে
৪) এইগুলো লিখিত চুক্তি আকারে হতে হবে

আরেকখান কথা ধারনা করি আমগো বোর্ডের প্রেসিডিন্টে সাহেব দলের সাথে সফরের কয়দিন একসাথে থাকবেন....

[/বাংলা]

BengaliPagol
October 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
What an intense post by Shuridh.

Zunaid
November 1, 2012, 04:56 PM
It's getting curiouser and curiouser... Did LK leave a booby trap for Plabon or was this planned?

Bangladesh news

'BCB made written commitment to touring Pak'

Mohammad Isam
November 1, 2012
Comments: 2 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/589370.html?CMP=chrome#comments) | Login via (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/589370.html?CMP=chrome#fcomments) http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/connect_fb_icon.png (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/589370.html?CMP=chrome#fcomments) | Text size: A | A
<table style="margin-top: 5px; " align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"><tbody><tr><td height="1" width="10">
</td><td class="phototbl" style="border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); ">http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/151000/151027.2.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="stryPicCptn" id="stryPicCptn" style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; padding: 6px 10px 3px 5px; ">Nazmul Hassan, the new BCB president, revealed a letter had been sent to the PCB <nobr>© Bangladesh Cricket Board </nobr>
</td></tr><tr><td class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn" style="color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; padding: 0px 10px 3px 5px; border: 0px; cursor: pointer; ">Enlarge</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>The Bangladesh Cricket Board recently made a written commitment to its Pakistan counterpart to touring that country at the end of the year, its new president Nazmul Hassan revealed today. Hassan didn't say who sent the letter on behalf of the BCB, but said since it had been sent, the necessary steps would have to be taken.

It was later revealed that it had been sent before he took over on October 18.

"Jalal [Yunus, the BCB's media committee chairman] said in the last press conference that we haven't contacted the PCB regarding a tour [but] we have found out that a letter was sent from the BCB about playing there," Hassan said at the end of a five-hour meeting in Mirpur on Thursday. "The Pakistan media started saying that Bangladesh would tour because such a correspondence had indeed taken place."

The letter, Hassan said, was brief and made no mention of security or any logistical factors. "Since we have found out about the letter, we are considering whether it is mandatory to tour Pakistan or if there are any other options. If we go to Pakistan, we need to be assured of adequate security for our team.

read full (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/589370.html?CMP=chrome)

BengaliPagol
November 1, 2012, 04:59 PM
yay! Cant wait for this series.

al Furqaan
November 1, 2012, 06:07 PM
Musta been that dirty scumbag Lotus Kamal.

BrianLara7
November 1, 2012, 06:13 PM
Typical BD scumbag politicians... first of all this stuff was clearly done by Loitta kamal and Hasina together because there is no other way it could have happened.. and it would be naive to think this guy didn't have any idea about it. In BD if you aren't connected with Hasina apa you aint getting any top position.

sharup
November 1, 2012, 07:54 PM
So what?! Promises are there to be broken. If the new BCB president decides not to tour for the safety of our players then the PCB can't do anything or hold any grudge against him. It's not his fault.

BengaliPagol
November 1, 2012, 07:55 PM
So the whole time Lotus wanted BD to tour Pak? So Lotus sent the letter to PCB requesting for BD to tour Pakistan. He knew that he would leave BCB and so thats why he wrote the letter; because he knew that no one could do anything about it. Sneaky Lotus Kamal.

BANFAN
November 2, 2012, 12:21 AM
That's how LK gained support of PCB for his ICC position.... Selling out country interest for personal gains... And some people say that he is the most honest BCB president in history...:)

But I'm sure that the new president can still refuse to visit referring to latest security situations...but don't know if he has that much guts...in these early days.

Sovik
November 2, 2012, 01:34 AM

I am sure Pakistan is lovely this time of the year

cricheart
November 2, 2012, 03:20 AM
Not sure what Mr. Nazmul Hassan trying to gain here by coloring Loitta as a Pak agent here, which is allready known to all. That Pak tour scheduled for April was declared illegal by honourable court, so why he want to make these buzz? donno. Loitta gone kissa khotom.

Imteaz
November 5, 2012, 02:09 AM
Nice to read. E-)

TimAus
November 5, 2012, 02:33 AM

Media hype like this you mean? (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/srilanka/8534075/England-v-Sri-Lanka-Thilan-Samaraweera-keeps-his-lucky-bullet-as-grisly-reminder-of-terrorist-attack.html)

BANFAN
November 8, 2012, 01:28 AM
Another suicide attack targeting Pak rangers today kills six in the largest Pak city .. Karachi...someone said, they don't attack Muslims ...:)

Saifulsohel
December 13, 2012, 03:11 AM
Some news soources say BD will tour Pak next month to play 1 ODI & 1 T20I . Is it true?

Jadukor
December 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
On top of major security concerns, even the relations between our government and Pakistan's is not the greatest so I find it hard to believe we would be touring.

deshimon
December 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
[বাংলা]
কি এমন সমস্যা পাকিস্হান গেলে ??
আমরা তো জানিই যে আমাদের খেলোয়াড়দের ওরা ভালোই নিরাপত্তা দিবে
৯৯ ভাগ সম্ভাবনা আমগো পোলাপাইনগুলার কিছুই হইবো না
১০০ ভাগ কইলাম না - কারণ দুনিয়াতে পারফেক্ট কিছূই না........

যদি আমাদের লাভ হয় তো যাইতে ক্ষতি নাই
তবে নীচের শর্তগুলা মানলেই যাওয়া যাইতে পারে

১) ১টা টি২০ আর একটা ওডিআই খেলবো
২) আইসিসি তাদের এলিট প্যানেলের আম্পায়ার কর্মকর্তা দিতে হবে খেলা চালানোর জন্য
৩) বিনিময়ে আমাদের সাথে জুন-জুলাইয়ে সারজা বা বাংলাদেশে ৩টা করে টেস্ট খেলতে হবে ২০১৩ এবং ২০১৪তে
৪) এইগুলো লিখিত চুক্তি আকারে হতে হবে

আরেকখান কথা ধারনা করি আমগো বোর্ডের প্রেসিডিন্টে সাহেব দলের সাথে সফরের কয়দিন একসাথে থাকবেন....

[/বাংলা]

If Bangladesh play in Pakistan with safety, they won't want to play in Sharza. Because they will have an excuse that Pakistan is safe to play cricket. This is the main target of Pakistan to organise a series or even a single match in their ground.

al-Sagar
December 13, 2012, 04:31 AM

now even Saqlain wont be with us when he will hear Bangladesh is going to visit pakistan.

BANFAN
December 13, 2012, 05:12 AM
[বাংলা]এছাড়া অপর এক প্রস্তাবের জবাবে রাষ্ট্রদূত জানান, বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দল যাতে পাকিস্তান সফর করে সে ব্যাপারে তিনি উদ্যোগ নেবেন।[/বাংলা]

MORE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=cecbbb83e3a33390a0dd66da288a4 d7f&nttl=20121212060206157855)

MyRoom
December 13, 2012, 09:44 AM
Pakistan is unsafe, I don't understand why we have to risk our players and staffs lives over there, not our problem they can't hold matches. They for some reason don't seem to understand the BCB that Pakistan for some silly reason failed to provide security for the Sri Lanka team and therefore their bus got attacked. Even till today, there's always news on more explosions in Pakistan so until its 100% absolutely safe, we should refuse to go for our players sake.

Fazal
December 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Papon... tomake to tolee tolee Lotus Chachu Fashee disee

If the security issue is resolved and satisfactory to BCB and to our players (who will be going), I am all for the series.... actually any series with anybody.... I am already bored.

Nasif
December 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
Looks like its happening, McInnes twitted last night about possible Pak tour in January.

shuziburo
December 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
Looks like its happening, McInnes twitted last night about possible Pak tour in January.

Oh, no. I thought this was done. :facepalm:

shuziburo
December 13, 2012, 01:51 PM
Pakistan is unsafe, I don't understand why we have to risk our players and staffs lives over there, not our problem they can't hold matches. They for some reason don't seem to understand the BCB that Pakistan for some silly reason failed to provide security for the Sri Lanka team and therefore their bus got attacked. Even till today, there's always news on more explosions in Pakistan so until its 100% absolutely safe, we should refuse to go for our players sake.

It is an indisputable fact that Pakistan has been unsafe, even for its own people. The attacks have happened everywhere, including mosques, markets. If the team is really going, I hope that BCB demands the same security for the team that the US President would have got. Nothing less is acceptable.

MohammedC
December 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
I was always against the Pakistan tour without ICC's full support. But now I am not. I just want to ask everyone.

How safe is Bangladesh ?

Fazal
December 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
How safe is Bangladesh ?

Fifty - Fifty.

Somteime it may swing from 40-60 to 60-40.

Its definitely safer than Baltimore - West of downtown., but not as safe as Mankato, MN.

akabir77
December 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
I was always against the Pakistan tour without ICC's full support. But now I am not. I just want to ask everyone.

How safe is Bangladesh ?

With you MC bhai. We need to play more test and should play test instead of these t20 and odi...

shuziburo
December 13, 2012, 02:40 PM

How safe is Bangladesh ?

In Bangladesh, you can go to a Masjid or shopping center without any fear. (Well almost. The shopkeepers might "rob" you.) However, if you are going through an isolated area at night by yourself, you are not safe. I don't think players will do the latter.

cricheart
December 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
IMO this aint happening. Even if the board being forceful (w/o ICC full support) to make such decision again, someone from local concerned about the team's safety will file a case against it at court again or another regular bomb blast (most likely) in Pakistan will ruin such preparation anyway.

Fazal
December 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
IMO this aint happening. Even if the board being forceful (w/o ICC full support) to make such decision again, someone from local concerned about the team's safety will file a case against it at court again or another regular bomb blast (most likely) in Pakistan will ruin such preparation anyway.

It can indeed ruin the tour, however it will not ruin the preparation.

So I say, go ahead... prepare... arrange some Team-a vs national team.... atleast that will keep them busy and fans happy.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
I understand people might think its unsafe and all but we still need to play more cricket.

al Furqaan
December 13, 2012, 06:10 PM

Possible is the key word...something will happen and this tour won't happen again. This ridiculous drama will keep repeating.

MyRoom
December 13, 2012, 06:37 PM
Guys no place is safe at night I live in the UK and everytime at night near nightclubs, pubs, theatres you see crime everywhere. Trust me UK is just as unsafe like Bangladesh but its nowhere worse like Pakistan or even India and that's what counts.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
Why the hell do we have to go to Pakistan to play them? We can have a series in UAE. I don't want our players to be lambs for sacrifice, let some other team (Zim, WI etc) tour first before we go.

shuziburo
December 13, 2012, 08:04 PM
I understand people might think its unsafe and all but we still need to play more cricket.

Life is slightly more important, IMHO.

Saifulsohel
December 13, 2012, 08:21 PM
Prothom Alo says its happening...http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-14/news/313112

al Furqaan
December 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
Why the hell do we have to go to Pakistan to play them? We can have a series in UAE. I don't want our players to be lambs for sacrifice, let some other team (Zim, WI etc) tour first before we go.

While no team deserves to play in a warzone be it India or Vatican City Papal 5th XI, I too am of the the firm opinion that Bangladesh should not be the sacrificial lamb and BCB should not allow it. Unfortunately this Pappon gobet has already gone on record saying we have a legally binding agreement. Screw legality and cancel the tour no one needs Pakistan's 2nd rate cheaters and ball biters in BPL.

I am confident that the high court or some fan protests will take care of this not happening at the last minute. We will also see the usual posturing from Pappon and Zaka Ashraf.

roman
December 13, 2012, 09:40 PM

That's right. We need to play cricket. But what's the point of having such a short tour? They are saying that they won't let Pakistani players play in BPL if we cancel this tour. I hope you can see what they are trying to do here..

And life is always more valuable than anything else and cricket is just a game..

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 09:45 PM
That's right. We need to play cricket. But what's the point of having such a short tour? They are saying that they won't let Pakistani players play in BPL if we cancel this tour. I hope you can see what they are trying to do here..

And life is always more valuable than anything else and cricket is just a game..

Well said. I want more cricket as well but why play in a place where it's still very unsafe?

I talked to a few Pakistani friends not too long ago and even they've said that they haven't gone back in a while and don't intend to go back anytime soon since the situation is still very volatile. So if even their own people are worried about going back there then don't you think the situation is still bad?

I feel for their people and they badly want cricket back but until the situation is like this, no team should go play there. Why not have a full tour in the UAE instead?

Roey Haque
December 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
NO! Not going to Pakistan! No way in hell!

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
While no team deserves to play in a warzone be it India or Vatican City Papal 5th XI, I too am of the the firm opinion that Bangladesh should not be the sacrificial lamb and BCB should not allow it. Unfortunately this Pappon gobet has already gone on record saying we have a legally binding agreement. Screw legality and cancel the tour no one needs Pakistan's 2nd rate cheaters and ball biters in BPL.

I am confident that the high court or some fan protests will take care of this not happening at the last minute. We will also see the usual posturing from Pappon and Zaka Ashraf.

So is this one of those political scams where they managed to get the outgoing Bcb president to sign agreement so the current President does not get blamed and the tour goes through? We have some really good politicians in the Bcb and Pcb.

cricbook
December 13, 2012, 10:44 PM
i think pcb is playing game here ......bcb feeling some kind of pressure here....like no pakistanis players will attend in up coming bpl.....future pak series in bd.....there is lots of story untold.....so, i guess bcb is some kind of pressure.....also we don't have many matches in up coming year....so they r thinking, it might will help us if we just go there ...n play 1odi and 1 t20....4days tour........i just wanted to say...if we go there....make sure there is 5000 army n 5000 police ready....2000 in the stadium....:flag:

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
i think pcb is playing game here ......bcb feeling some kind of pressure here....like no pakistanis players will attend in up coming bpl.....future pak series in bd.....there is lots of story untold.....so, i guess bcb is some kind of pressure.....also we don't have many matches in up coming year....so they r thinking, it might will help us if we just go there ...n play 1odi and 1 t20....4days tour........i just wanted to say...if we go there....make sure there is 5000 army n 5000 police ready....2000 in the stadium....:flag:

:floor: Why not have 50 thousand army and 100 thousand police officers?

Ajfar
December 13, 2012, 11:15 PM
Here is the funny part, the rest of the cricket world won't give a damn. BD going to play in Pak will be huge news for Pak cricket obviously, but I doubt it will make any difference to teams like Aus, SA, Eng or India. I doubt they will say oh look BD played there so we should go play there too.

BengaliPagol
December 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
They should just play in UAE.

kalpurush
December 14, 2012, 07:28 AM
এই জানুয়ারিতেই পাকিস্তান সফর!
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ১৪-১২-২০১২

<!--detail control -->তাহলে বাংলাদেশই হতে যাচ্ছে চার বছরের মধ্যে পাকিস্তান সফর করা প্রথম কোনো আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট দল! বিসিবি সূত্রে জানা গেছে, আগামী জানুয়ারি মাসের শুরুর দিকে সংক্ষিপ্ত সফরে বাংলাদেশ দলের পাকিস্তান যাওয়া একরকম নিশ্চিত।

বাংলাদেশের পাকিস্তান সফর নিয়ে বিসিবি ও পিসিবির মধ্যে নিয়মিতই চিঠি চালাচালি চলছিল। তারই ধারাবাহিকতায় বিসিবি থেকে পিসিবিকে বলা হয় সিরিজের সম্ভাব্য সূচি জানাতে। সেটি হাতে না পেলেও বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন কাল জানিয়েছেন, ‘সব ঠিক থাকলে ৯ বা ১০ জানুয়ারি আমাদের দল পাকিস্তানে যাবে। সেখানে তিন দিনের সফরে পাকিস্তানের সঙ্গে তারা একটি ওয়ানডে ও একটি টি-টোয়েন্টি খেলবে।’

সম্ভাব্য সূচি নিয়ে আলোচনা হলেও সফরটিকে এখনই পুরোপুরি নিশ্চিত বলতে পারছেন না এনায়েত হোসেন, ‘আমরা পাকিস্তানে যাওয়ার চিন্তাভাবনা করছি এবং সম্ভাব্য দিন-তারিখ নিয়েও আলোচনা চলছে। তবে সবই নির্ভর করছে নিরাপত্তা পরিস্থিতি আর আইসিসির ওপর। আইসিসিকে আমরা এই সিরিজের জন্য ম্যাচ অফিশিয়াল দেওয়ার অনুরোধ করব।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-14/news/313112

Antora
December 14, 2012, 07:39 AM
I wonder how dramatic things will get this time round.

cricheart
December 14, 2012, 07:52 AM
I feel a sense of urgency in this tbh. Why cant they set this tour after BPL2, which will assure Pakistani players to attend the league and BCB can answer something beneficiary defending their decision as well. Besides all Pakistani players were paid for attending BPL1 at first priority before even other foreign players, so their shouldn't be any money concern as well.

shuziburo
December 14, 2012, 11:06 AM
Here is the funny part, the rest of the cricket world won't give a damn. BD going to play in Pak will be huge news for Pak cricket obviously, but I doubt it will make any difference to teams like Aus, SA, Eng or India. I doubt they will say oh look BD played there so we should go play there too.

In fact, PCB should try to get IND to visit. If they visit, everyone might follow. But, BD's visit may or may not get things started.

simon
December 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
even if there is 1% risk I don't want to send my boys there, wether it's 3 days or 3 hours.
Besides is just for a ODI & a T20, i don't know what we gain from that, it's not like we didn't play Pak for ages, neither do we beat them often :head:

BANFAN
December 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
even if there is 1% risk I don't want to send my boys there, wether it's 3 days or 3 hours.
Besides is just for a ODI & a T20, i don't know what we gain from that, it's not like we didn't play Pak for ages, neither do we beat them often :head:

You get Pak players for BPL ... In return...:)

simon
December 14, 2012, 11:30 AM

no thanks, that way I won't have to support Korachi gladiators.

BANFAN
December 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
no thanks, that way I won't have to support Korachi gladiators.

That's the condition PCB has given to BCB....and BCB probably even can't think of BPL without Pak players....:(

FaHiMa
December 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
I sense more drama coming... :sigh:

roman
December 14, 2012, 11:37 AM

Bhai khub uttejito asen. Matha thanda koren. :)

HereWeGo
December 14, 2012, 11:43 AM

The fact is we never beat them........ :facepalm:

moneymoney
December 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
why don't we play them in Dubai or Sharzah?

roman
December 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
That's the condition PCB has given to BCB....and BCB probably even can't think of BPL without Pak players....:(

It's all about business I think. Indians won't come, SL players will be busy and if Pak players don't play, BPL will not be colorful atleast that's what they are thinking. These modons can do anything for business

I personally think we are going to get best possible security in Pakistan. This tour will be a Huge challenge for Pakistan in terms of security and they will do their level best to ensure our players safety. But again its Pakistan we are talking about. Anything can happen..

simon
December 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
It's all about business I think. Indians won't come, SL players will be busy and if Pak players don't play, BPL will not be colorful atleast that's what they are thinking. These modons can do anything for business

I personally think we are going to get best possible security in Pakistan. This tour will be a Huge challenge for Pakistan in terms of security and they will do their level best to ensure our players safety. But again its Pakistan we are talking about. Anything can happen..

that's my concern, anything can happen in Pakistan.

Fazal
December 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
To move our cricket forward, we always should explore for bi-lateral interest , whether its with India, Pakistan, Sri lanka, WI, SA, etc.

For this case, if security issue is resolved i.e. acceptable to BCB and it's players.. I see nothing but WIN WIN situation. Explosive PAK players are blocked from lucrative Indian T20 market.... that's makes BCL more relevent T20 tournament for the rest of us...the way Geo TV broadcasted BPL games. its amazing. With the participation of Pakistani, Sri lankan and some other Associate countries, BCL can create some unique market, Even when BCCI completely ignore this tournament.

So yes ... as long as security issue is addressed in a reasonble way.... this can bring a good opportunity for both countries.

BANFAN
December 14, 2012, 12:01 PM

that's my concern, anything can happen in Pakistan.

Yes Bhais, that's the concern.... Pakistan's best security is no guarantee....If the Taliban wants to do anything, security can't stop them....

Rommel
December 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Risk is not worth the reward. 1 Twenty20 and 1 ODI does not warrant a visit to Pakistan. Frankly, nothing warrants a visit there at the moment. We should just focus on BPL and other domestic stuff until the SL series.

ialbd
December 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
I have a feeling this is happening this time. Although the 2 boards seem to be the only ones interested..

We BD fans are concerned about the security of the team and dont think the 3 day tour is worth the risk (not much has changed since last time)

Pak fans are preoccupied with their upcoming India tour (are they even discussing this tour in PP?) and I dont expect them to be interested in this esp after how things turned out last time.

As much as I am not bothered about Pak players not playing in BPL (nicely put Simon bhai: Karachi Gladiators), I understand why BPL organizers are insisting on their participation for a successful tourney...

M.H.Rubel
December 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
New planning for Pak tour
Sports Reporter

Bangladesh is in its second phase of planning for its tour to Pakistan, informed Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hassan Papon during a press conference at BCB headquarters.

"It's obviously not possible to tour Pakistan this month. However, we are looking for a gap in January, in order to fulfil our commitment," said Papon. The president further stated that he was satisfied with the security issues and that a suitable time to tour is all that. . . .www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=261245

al Furqaan
December 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
This is the dumbest thing ever. A week long tour to PAK by BD won't prove anything for teams like England, AUS who would tour for months and are even more hated targets than BD. PAK doesn't gain much but Bangladesh could lose their lives - although unlikely, risk is risk. If school kids can get shot in Connecticut, cricketers can get downed at Jinnah international.

I hope some concerned citizen takes this to the high court again. Screw any response or retaliation from the PCB. They are a nothing board.

Rifat
December 14, 2012, 05:43 PM
I am for this tour only if it is hosted in UAE.

Maple1900
December 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
Ashraful will be selected for this series.

al Furqaan
December 14, 2012, 08:04 PM
Pappon realizes all our white staff wont go, we will get biased pak umpires, what makes him so sure that its safe to tour pakistan. I hope all our boys refuse to tour but i doubt they realize how exploited we are.

MyRoom
December 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
This is the dumbest thing ever. A week long tour to PAK by BD won't prove anything for teams like England, AUS who would tour for months and are even more hated targets than BD. PAK doesn't gain much but Bangladesh could lose their lives - although unlikely, risk is risk. If school kids can get shot in Connecticut, cricketers can get downed at Jinnah international.

I hope some concerned citizen takes this to the high court again. Screw any response or retaliation from the PCB. They are a nothing board.

Yes heard about that very sad unfortunate news, my thought and prayers go out to those who have lost their lives especially the children. Safety and Security is vital.

kalpurush
December 14, 2012, 09:46 PM
To move our cricket forward, we always should explore for bi-lateral interest , whether its with India, Pakistan, Sri lanka, WI, SA, etc.

For this case, if security issue is resolved i.e. acceptable to BCB and it's players.. I see nothing but WIN WIN situation. Explosive PAK players are blocked from lucrative Indian T20 market.... that's makes BCL more relevent T20 tournament for the rest of us...the way Geo TV broadcasted BPL games. its amazing. With the participation of Pakistani, Sri lankan and some other Associate countries, BCL can create some unique market, Even when BCCI completely ignore this tournament.

So yes ... as long as security issue is addressed in a reasonble way.... this can bring a good opportunity for both countries.
Top Post Fazal bhai. :up:

I am concern about the security issue too and dead against the tour if ICC doesn't approve it due to security issues.

As BCCI is ignoring us, as always (!?), we need to make better relationship with Pakistan and other countries like Sri Lanka, West Indies, New Zeland, Zimbabwe etc. and get some longer version cricket as well as ODI.

Also, we need to play a lot of T20 matches if we want to keep the T20 WC 2014 at home!!

deshimon
December 15, 2012, 02:55 AM
I am for this tour only if it is hosted in UAE.

Pakistan insists to play on their own grounds. Because they want to show the World Pakistan is safe for cricket so that they can organise more international cricket in their home.

godzilla
December 15, 2012, 07:07 AM
this is damn ridicilous ... the players should protest. If it is really upto the players like the article stated than the likes of TAMIM, Shakib and co should stand up and say no ... what's bcb going to do? send a second string team to play there? Out first choices can barely stand head to head against pakistan let's not forget that ...

MyRoom
December 15, 2012, 07:14 AM
@Godzilla: first of all its upto the players and staff if they want to go also the Pakistan team is old once their players are gone, Bangladesh the experience young team will crush the new weak Pakistan team.

KaaL-PurusH
December 15, 2012, 08:25 AM
I live in abroad but I'm willing to donate for legal action to stop this suicidal tour if anyone can help me.

KaaL-PurusH
December 15, 2012, 08:31 AM

What a great business deal!!! That will even make warren buffett jealous.

Maysun
December 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
This series will progress this time around. It'll be interesting to see, if any of our players opt out.

Rabz
December 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
This January or next, Bangladesh will be the first team to tour Pakistan.
So better be this.

I have no problem only if they can get a good deal out of it.

HereWeGo
December 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
this is damn ridicilous ... the players should protest. If it is really upto the players like the article stated than the likes of TAMIM, Shakib and co should stand up and say no ... what's bcb going to do? send a second string team to play there? Out first choices can barely stand head to head against pakistan let's not forget that ...

would be really surprised if they refuse given tamim travelled to Pakistan to custom make his bats from CA..

this is just dirty politics courtesy two severely corrupt countries....

KaaL-PurusH
December 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
would be really surprised if they refuse given tamim travelled to Pakistan to custom make his bats from CA..

Nah mate u shouldn't be surprised at all. Sending the team over there is certainly putting the team to become terrorist's target. The govt of Pakistan dosent have significant control over security since the police are being attacked by terrorist organisation. Tamim's visit didn't get as much exposure as Bangladesh's tour would get. The consequences of the attack would be considered as huge win for the terrorist organisation so it would be quite difficult for Pakistan to refrain the terrorists not to attack BD team. The risk is too significant for such a small return that BCB is expecting and on top that we may set a dangerous example for the world. I have nothing against Pakistan and their people but they have bigger problem to solve before hosting an international cricket team.

MyRoom
December 15, 2012, 10:06 AM
People are forgetting that America is sending drones over there everytime so its too risky.

roman
December 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
<TABLE class=dtback border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=636 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=631><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=621 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=dotbb height=30 vAlign=top width=508>পাকিস্তান সফর
খেলোয়াড়, কোচদের চাপ দেবে না বিসিবি</TD><TD class=dotbb vAlign=top width=54>
</TD><TD class=dotbb vAlign=top width=54>
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=middle><TD class=ex height=29 colSpan=3><TABLE border=0 width=620><TBODY><TR><TD width=288>Sat, Dec 15th, 2012 8:33 pm BdST
</TD><TD width=322>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2>Read More (http://cricket-bd.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=213752&cid=26)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ajfar
December 15, 2012, 10:54 AM
^ Its all BS. Ekhono player/coach der jiggesh kora hobe. What are they waiting for? Are they planning on asking the day before leaving for Pakistan? Shob kichu plan sesh kore tarpo player der jiggesh kora hobe, so you guys are up for this right?

Kabir
December 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
This whole issue about whether to visit pak or not is and the fans' complaints about safety doesnt surprise me one bit. True, pak is unsafe. True, an internationaal team was attacked. True, they have bombs blasting anywhere and everywhere.

And its also true that because of these, pak has lost all trust, lost the rights to host a once in several decades opportunity to host world cup, lost internatioanl cricket.

Theres much more at stake for pak to make sure this tour happens. They are just being s good negotiator by making this tour a key requirement for them to have to send their players to bd for bpl.

Mind you, we've visited zimbabwe when it was going through radical changes.

Personally, given th at theres more at stake for pak here...i dont think there will be any security issues. But the most important thing is to ensure that the players and all other team staff are aggreing on this.

From what i know, the british army team has visited pak last month. Does anyone know if that tour ever took place?

Roni_uk
December 15, 2012, 11:06 AM
what is this? Bijoy Dibosh Special?

Kabir
December 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
And there you go. Politics again.

BANFAN
December 15, 2012, 11:56 AM
People are forgetting that America is sending drones over there everytime so its too risky.

And US friendly fire is the biggest killer of friendly forces/Innocent people...both in Afg and Iraq...:lol: ... Good that the drones don't yet operate over Lahore or Karachi...:)

BengaliPagol
December 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
PCB is controlling BCB just like how Illuminati is controlling America.

godzilla
December 15, 2012, 07:21 PM
@Godzilla: first of all its upto the players and staff if they want to go also the Pakistan team is old once their players are gone, Bangladesh the experience young team will crush the new weak Pakistan team.

What goes around is bound to come around :up:

SMHasan
December 16, 2012, 02:38 AM
I believe one of the airport in Peshawar in Pakistan got under bomb attack. If airport is not safe then I will not back this tour. here it is http://dawn.com/2012/12/15/three-blasts-heard-in-peshawar/ and http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/national/16-Dec-2012/audacious-taliban-attack-on-peshawar-airport

Don't go to Pakistan.

Sohel
December 16, 2012, 02:47 AM
This type of risk makes no sense for Bangladesh from CBA perspective.

KaaL-PurusH
December 16, 2012, 02:52 AM
16 December 2012 Last updated at 02:56 GMT

Peshawar airport rocket fire kills four in Pakistan

Taliban militants have launched a rocket attack on Peshawar airport in north-west Pakistan, killing at least four civilians, officials say.

BD will be welcomed in a fashion :ohno:

BANFAN
December 16, 2012, 03:55 AM
Which coach is going to accompany the team in Pak? SJ might refuse, being the interim coach. Or he might just make it conditional to appointing him as the head coach?? Or are we traveling without a coach?? Everything is on the table I guess....:) this series is even damaging us at home, with all the confusions amongst he team members and support staff....why can't they just abandon it...?

riajul
December 16, 2012, 05:02 AM
No Pakistani to feature in BPL if Bangladesh refuses tour’ http://dawn.com/2012/12/16/bd-urged-to-fulfil-commitment-no-pakistani-to-feature-in-bpl-if-bangladesh-refuses-tour/

deshimon
December 16, 2012, 05:39 AM
I was in favour of going Pakistan but it seems it is not safe to go Pakistan at the moment. It happens regular bomb attack in Pakistan. So this is not a good decision to go there.

Shaan
December 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
does it really matter that we must and should have Pakistani players in our BPL, though i wouldn't mind to see them but will it really deadlock the BPL???

cricheart
December 16, 2012, 07:56 AM
does it really matter that we must and should have Pakistani players in our BPL, though i wouldn't mind to see them but will it really deadlock the BPL???

Without foreign players its very understandable that BPL franchises wont be able to create any confident squads. And for hiring 'foreign players', you wont get quality ones in cheap from anywhere but Pakistan atm. Also in general common Bangladeshi cricket fans are more devoted towards muslim players also.

ashrafi_mahb
December 16, 2012, 08:55 AM
পাকিস্তানে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমান বন্দরে আত্মঘাতী বোমা হামলা: নিহত ৯, আহত ৪০
http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=3&option=single&news_id=313998&pub_no=1258

simon
December 16, 2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=3&option=single&news_id=313998&pub_no=1258

Allah bachao.
Pls no Pak tour. :ohno:

Spitfire_x86
December 16, 2012, 02:36 PM
To hell with having Pakistani cricketers in BPL. We don't need players from a blackmailing cricket board. BPL's star player needs can be adequately met by West Indian players.

crikss
December 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
We need Pak players for BPL ?? If BPL doesn't take place that's also ok but I hope this tour never happens. What an attitude from PCB..Pure blackmailing...It's better not to take Pak players even in BPL..Just ignore them like IPL

ankur86
December 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
If we do not take them Pakistani players will lose their most lucrative LEGAL source of income.

Hamlafan
December 16, 2012, 04:32 PM
its a done deal, Mustafa Kamal got his job as Vice President and In return he promised a tour.

If BD rejects now, the only person who will win is Mustafa Kamal but ofcourse this will increase the already internal duel that Bangladesh has with Pakistan. I think Kamal Mustafa is very safe at the moment and even if BD Fails to tour Pakistan he will be the winner. I am very confused whether to go or not. If we don't go we don't lose much, except future tours with Pakistan and BPL.

why not replace Pakistani players with all the sri lankan players to cover bpl?

al Furqaan
December 16, 2012, 05:03 PM
Its time for ordinary citizens to step up and halt this tour at the High Court like last time. Enough is enough. People have already died in airport attacks in PAK. If they think Ireland and Afghanistan are better teams ask those world beaters to tour PAK.

Ajfar
December 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
This tour will happen. Shalar D bag Loitta used this tour to get Pak vote for his nomination. Pak was smart enough to put it paper, otherwise it would just turn out to be hearsay. Loitta knew very well he wouldn't be here to deal with it, so its not on his shoulder any more, its the next guy's problem. BPL is suppose to start on Jan 17th, and they are asking for that tour between Jan 10-15. I can't believe amader cricketer eto duroboshta.

zsayeed
December 16, 2012, 05:42 PM
Its time for ordinary citizens to step up and halt this tour at the High Court like last time. Enough is enough. People have already died in airport attacks in PAK. If they think Ireland and Afghanistan are better teams ask those world beaters to tour PAK.

Is it not a violation of the ICC policy of governmental interference?
"It is a matter of achieving an appropriate balance between support and interference. It is important for the credibility of such safeguards that once defined, they are enforced rigorously and consistently."" (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/591750.html)

""In the ICC annual conference, we made some changes and introduced some onerous penalties if they [issues related to government interference] are not complied with," Isaac said in Dhaka."

al Furqaan
December 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
This tour will happen. Shalar D bag Loitta used this tour to get Pak vote for his nomination. Pak was smart enough to put it paper, otherwise it would just turn out to be hearsay. Loitta knew very well he wouldn't be here to deal with it, so its not on his shoulder any more, its the next guy's problem. BPL is suppose to start on Jan 17th, and they are asking for that tour between Jan 10-15. I can't believe amader cricketer eto duroboshta.

Then its up to each and every cricketer to boycott the tour. I hope Shakib's new wife tells him not to go and then the other cricketers think "are we less valuable than Shakib?" and likewise refuse. What is BCB going to do when every single cricketer refuses to go, especially when they themself have said they won't force anyone to go?

Frankly, PCB are scumbags, and there is no honor in keeping agreements with scoundrels. Why not ask Ireland and Afghanistan to tour since they are so much stronger teams and since PAK fans don't want to see Bangladesh? Answer is simple, our players are viewed as expendable target practice dummies to see if their "presidential" security is good enough for teams like Ireland and Afghanistan.

Even after our tour, PCB will be unable to convince anyone else to tour and justice when then be served for successfully blackmailing us.

And to hell with Mustafa Kamal also. What goes around will come around.

shuziburo
December 16, 2012, 07:50 PM

What will PCB say about the safety and security in their nation? ICC is unlikely to stop the tour. I hope and pray that our boys return safely.

shuziburo
December 16, 2012, 07:54 PM
Then its up to each and every cricketer to boycott the tour. I hope Shakib's new wife tells him not to go and then the other cricketers think "are we less valuable than Shakib?" and likewise refuse. What is BCB going to do when every single cricketer refuses to go, especially when they themself have said they won't force anyone to go?

Frankly, PCB are scumbags, and there is no honor in keeping agreements with scoundrels. Why not ask Ireland and Afghanistan to tour since they are so much stronger teams and since PAK fans don't want to see Bangladesh? Answer is simple, our players are viewed as expendable target practice dummies to see if their "presidential" security is good enough for teams like Ireland and Afghanistan.

Even after our tour, PCB will be unable to convince anyone else to tour and justice when then be served for successfully blackmailing us.

And to hell with Mustafa Kamal also. What goes around will come around.

I really hope Shakib's wife put her foot down. Maybe things will snowball from there. If a team is sent, all top officials from both boards should be forced to accompany the team everywhere.

HereWeGo
December 16, 2012, 08:36 PM
the only person responsible for this whole debacle is Mr Lotus Kamal.....

BrianLara7
December 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
This is just beyond pathetic... It's understandable from PCB afterall it does stand for PAKISTAN cricket board so can't expect anything better from them but to resort to these cheap tactics. But how the hell does it make sense for one corrupt Board president to sign an agreement as important as this without the permission of the players/ Icc? And why should agreement signed by Previous president be binding on current President? If any legal actions are to be taken then it should be against Lotus Kamal.. and about Pakistani players in BPL.. BPl isn't going to die without them. Our players' lives are more important. I ask important members of BC (Zunaid, Sohel) etc to raise this issue to those who matter, we can't gamble with our players' lives.

al-Sagar
December 16, 2012, 10:11 PM
from cricinfo, well said .....

Dear Pak fans, thanks a lot for criticizing Bangladesh cricket team: (1) You guys are absolutely right, our (BD) team is still minnow and do not deserve to play against Pak team. (2) Now, stop crying here in cricinfo and go back to your work for your country to develop enough security for the other mighty teams like Aus, SA, Eng etc .... (3) Having a short tour of BD team in Pakistan will not be enough for others (Aus, SA, Eng) to believe that Pakistan is safe for cricket. (4) And, regarding your arguments about not sending your players to BPL. Please be noticed that BPL is not a charity tournament, players are paid (early or lately) for playing in BPL. You guys can also start such a tournament with with foreign players. (5) And, yes we are indebted to Ind, Pak, SL etc for supporting our cricket and test status. That does not mean we have to sacrifice lives of our players for other countries.

shakibrulz
December 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
Disgusting tactics. If BCB's got a tiny bit of shame left, which I doubt, they won't send the team to Pak. I was in two minds about this, but after this, it's all clear. Screw PCB. No, players' lives are more important than some domestic league.

NoName
December 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
Who cares, just ban them from our domestic league, who the **** do they think they are trying to blackmail us. Fine if they don't want to let them play in the BPL make sure they don't come near our Dhaka league while they're at it.

BrianLara7
December 17, 2012, 12:19 AM
Who cares, just ban them from our domestic league, who the **** do they think they are trying to blackmail us. Fine if they don't want to let them play in the BPL make sure they don't come near our Dhaka league while they're at it.

Bangladeshi politicians are shameless and have no guts.. they will sell their own mothers if it's in their own interest so some players' lives are nothing.

BengaliPagol
December 17, 2012, 12:46 AM
That cricinfo comment was bang on target. Well said whoever said it :applause:

godzilla
December 17, 2012, 01:35 AM
People at bangladesh beats up and kills innocent young lads and yet they don't have the balls to beat the SH*T out of people like KALAM? This douch bag deserves all the kicks and punches along with other corrupted politicians ... i hope all the players + coaches boycuts this series!

Sohel
December 17, 2012, 01:47 AM
This tour will not take place.

al-Sagar
December 17, 2012, 02:13 AM

end of discussion ... .... ..... may be

Isnaad
December 17, 2012, 02:24 AM
end of discussion ... .... ..... may be

Hopefully

deshimon
December 17, 2012, 04:40 AM
But I think, considering the situation from both boards, this series is going to be held. Both boards are ready to make this tour. The date of this tour is 11 December to 13 December. So we should discuss about security issues. Which type of security they want to give us.

BrianLara7
December 17, 2012, 05:27 AM

:applause: Thank you Boss

Nafis 1718
December 17, 2012, 05:44 AM
Bangladesh have agreed to tour Pakistan early next year and become the first team to play international cricket there since gunmen attacked Sri Lanka's team bus in 2009, BCB said on today. "We have in principle agreed to tour Pakistan. It's a commitment made by former Bangladesh Cricket Board president Mustafa Kamal. We are keeping his word," Enayet Husain Siraj, the board's head of cricket operations, told AFP.

Facebook e shob page update dise.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

patriot
December 17, 2012, 05:55 AM
Good reasons to tour Pakistan even more now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20753116

BanCricFan
December 17, 2012, 08:14 AM
Send Lota and goons to Pak.
Our boys stay put!

Kabir
December 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
Wow, they have one attack that kills people in double digits. The value of life has gone down so much?

I have to retract my previous comment. These attacks won't work - not at all.

HereWeGo
December 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
This tour is happening. Our opinion is of little concern to the board...

Jadukor
December 17, 2012, 10:55 AM
How about the court order that cancelled the tour last time? i hope something like that will block this tour as well. I simply don't want us to be the experimental team that goes there to make it okay for the rest. Why should we go when others are not going? the lives of our cricketers are as important as the lives of others

Roni_uk
December 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
51 Pakistanis in BPL? These guys are not playing for free so whose loss is it if they decide not to send any players to BPL. Do we not have anyone intelligent in BCB?

Jonas
December 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
51 Pakistanis in BPL? These guys are not playing for free so whose loss is it if they decide not to send any players to BPL. Do we not have anyone intelligent in BCB?

Spot on. It's not as if those Pakistani players take part in the BPL for charity. If they don't come it's their loss. Pakistani players are banned from the IPL, so PCB will be under huge pressure if they cut off another source of their income.

One World
December 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
It seems fully official now. I was just watching the news. It came out from the horse's mouth.

betaar
December 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
PCB is pathetic saying stuff like, "The ball is in Bangladesh's court". But I say "they've got a BOMB in their court" which is where we don't want to be.

Kabir
December 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
I don't understand why you guys are criticizing PCB for this? Do you understand the issue? Or are you complaining for the heck of it?

PCB is just being a good negotiator in this apparent sales process. They want someone to play in their backyard - plain and simple. They have every right to want to "sell" it. They have every right to want to have their players play in BPL, or use that as a trump card in this.

However, BCB is just being arrogant here. All they're seeing is the perceived value of having pak players in BPL. But at what cost? By sending the players to pak for a series? By sending them into a potentially dangerous place?

I'm just amazed at how people just don't think things through. Stop complaining if you don't really know what you're complaining about. It's called nagging.

fiate2000
December 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
ESPN is saying the tour is likely to be between 10-15 Jan and will comprise of 1 ODI and 1 T20I.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/597375.html

HereWeGo
December 17, 2012, 01:01 PM
I don't understand why you guys are criticizing PCB for this? Do you understand the issue? Or are you complaining for the heck of it?

PCB is just being a good negotiator in this apparent sales process. They want someone to play in their backyard - plain and simple. They have every right to want to "sell" it. They have every right to want to have their players play in BPL, or use that as a trump card in this.

However, BCB is just being arrogant here. All they're seeing is the perceived value of having pak players in BPL. But at what cost? By sending the players to pak for a series? By sending them into a potentially dangerous place?

I'm just amazed at how people just don't think things through. Stop complaining if you don't really know what you're complaining about. It's called nagging.

Why critisize PCB?
Because they are trying to bully Bangladesh into coming to Pakistan, something they dare not do against any other country.

PCB being a good negotiator?
On the contorary, they are not looking into the welfare of their own players, if Pakistani players dont play than they do not make money. Bangladesh can also block them from playing Dhaka league.

BCB being arrogant here?
Not at all, but they are being stupid for sure.... I dont know what it will take for them to realize that PCB has more to loose than BCB...

Kabir
December 17, 2012, 01:26 PM
Why critisize PCB?
Because they are trying to bully Bangladesh into coming to Pakistan, something they dare not do against any other country.

Is that an example of a bully? So a bully is going to give you something in return? Not sure where you came up with that.

PCB being a good negotiator?
On the contorary, they are not looking into the welfare of their own players, if Pakistani players dont play than they do not make money. Bangladesh can also block them from playing Dhaka league.

You mean well being? Again, wrong term in the wrong context.

BCB being arrogant here?
Not at all, but they are being stupid for sure.... I dont know what it will take for them to realize that PCB has more to loose than BCB...

This is the first thing you got right in the entire post. They're probably being more stupid than arrogant. If you look at it in another way, they're being arrogant because they feel that without pak players in BPL, they will not be able to generate enough interest.

HereWeGo
December 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
Is that an example of a bully? So a bully is going to give you something in return? Not sure where you came up with that.

You mean well being? Again, wrong term in the wrong context.

This is the first thing you got right in the entire post. They're probably being more stupid than arrogant. If you look at it in another way, they're being arrogant because they feel that without pak players in BPL, they will not be able to generate enough interest.

1) Yes I do mean bully, A bully by definition will demand something by using scare tactics and that is exactly what they are doing....

2) Yes I did mean well being, and I dont see why u are calling it a wrong context. To be more precise, I was just pointing out the bergaining chip that we can use (not allow Pak players at all even in Dhaka leagues, and thus deprive the Pakistan players of a possible source of income).

3) I never really watched BPL for Pak players (Infact I dont think anyone in this forum ever watched Pak T20 leagues).. So I really dont see why Pak players are given so much preference.. Might be the case of GameOn sports demands...

Miraz
December 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
A BPL without Pakistani players will be equally successful if we can honor contracts and attract English, Sri Lankan and some Aussie players.

Hope common sense will prevail. Otherwise, HC may have to intervene again.

bdpride04
December 17, 2012, 02:31 PM
http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-17/news/313961

they don't even think it is safe for pakistanis and what makes BCB think it will be safe for bangladesh cricket team?????

Fazal
December 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
Love it or hate it... it was clear that the participation of PAK players (and blocking them from IPL) and the participation of star players from associate countries played a huge role making this tournament a success. It tried to fill up some gaps/open market complementing ICL.

Now I am assuming SRI players will be particiaptng any way.

But to attrack quality ENG and AUS players for now? If you ask me, I think its not realistic expectation. May be in the furure, but not now.

So good or bad our short term success of BPL is stuck with the participation of PAK players.

Having said that, this itself should not be justification to put our players in harms way. I am not an expert here, therefore I have to trust on BCB and BD government. If security in PAK is ok with BCB, Bangladesh Government and the players, I don't have problem with that moving forward with the tour. Also if a particular player(s) ignore BCB's evaluation and decides not to go, I am also ok with that.

Kabir
December 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
Love it or hate it... it was clear that the participation of PAK players (and blocking them from IPL) and the participation of star players from associate countries played a huge role making this tournament a success. It tried to fill up some gaps/open market complementing ICL.

But to attrack quality ENG and AUS players for now? If you ask me, I think its not realistic expectation. May be in the furure, but not now.

So good or bad our short term success of BPL is stuck with the participation of PAK players.

Having said that, this itself should not be justification to put our players in harms way. I am not an expert here, therefore I have to trust on BCB and BD government. If security in PAK is ok with BCB, Bangladesh Government and the players, I don't have problem with that moving forward with the tour. Also if a particular player(s) ignore BCB's evaluation and decides not to go, I am also ok with that.

Top post mamu.

I would agree with the last part until this morning when I heard about the new bomb attack. Otherwise, you really spoke my mind.

Fans need to have a reality check - how many english and aussie player did BPL have in its first tournament again?

Kabir
December 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
2) Yes I did mean well being, and I dont see why u are calling it a wrong context. To be more precise, I was just pointing out the bergaining chip that we can use (not allow Pak players at all even in Dhaka leagues, and thus deprive the Pakistan players of a possible source of income).

Because welfare ain't well being.

HereWeGo
December 17, 2012, 03:09 PM

How is it so clear????
Did you or any fanatic cricket fans of bangladesh follow FBL T20 (Pakistan t20 league)??? BPL is a success because people like watching bangladeshi batsmen alongside international stars ( and those international stars can be from any country and not exclusive to pakistan).....

HereWeGo
December 17, 2012, 03:11 PM
Because welfare ain't well being.

Thank you for that lesson, I did mention "I meant well being", and more importantly u understood what I meant... why argue for no good reason???

Fazal
December 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
How is it so clear????
Did you or any fanatic cricket fans of bangladesh follow FBL T20 (Pakistan t20 league)???

No. FBL and SL T20 tournament was not close to BPL. And in top of that, no Bangladeshi played in FBL. So there no reason for BD fans to follow FBL. FBL and SL T20 both failed to complement IPL, only BPL showed potential.... And its due to mutiple reason...BD market ... and PAK palyers played a role making it more interesting and penetrating PAK market.

BPL is a success because people like watching bangladeshi batsmen alongside international stars ( and those international stars can be from any country and not exclusive to pakistan).....

Sure... BD people have a role and a huge market to fill in the fist place.

Sure those international stars can be from any country to make a success (theoritically speaking). But the reality is it was predominately PAk players who filled up the majority of the international players ... no single other country had that many players in this tournament. Why was that? Whether you like it or not.... there was a reason for that. Its all about supply and demand and price and quality , marketability of player in the target market and restirction imposed by their board(e.g. Indian players).

betaar
December 17, 2012, 03:53 PM

A sales process that starts with black mailing the other party and giving a damn about human lives is a pathetic sales process. If that seems to be a good negotiation to you than you need a morality check before questioning others' understanding of the issue.

Hamlafan
December 17, 2012, 04:01 PM
its a done deal, look at the auction list for BPL, full of Pakistani players and if you remove them, we can offically say our league is the worst. those morons can they not get players from Sri Lanka, I have not seen a single player from Sri Lanka... why??

Kabir
December 17, 2012, 05:20 PM
A sales process that starts with black mailing the other party and giving a damn about human lives is a pathetic sales process. If that seems to be a good negotiation to you than you need a morality check before questioning others' understanding of the issue.

Hold on, don't get ahead of yourself there. I said they're being good negotiators, not ethical negotiators. If you're a sales guy, you would sell a pencil saying its THE pencil that one must have. That's exactly what PCb is doing. What's wrong with that? Instead, point the finger at Ur own board for failing to attract other countries in joining Bpl.

al Furqaan
December 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
Someone should start a facebook group demanding BCB to not tour PCB. With the number of players we have on facebook, they will get wind of this and if we the fans take to twitter, facebook, etc this thing can really go viral.

Who's with me?

BrianLara7
December 17, 2012, 07:07 PM
Someone should start a facebook group demanding BCB to not tour PCB. With the number of players we have on facebook, they will get wind of this and if we the fans take to twitter, facebook, etc this thing can really go viral.

Who's with me?

This is Bangladesh, twitter/ facebook won't have anywhere near as much impact as in person protest will. We need big shots to rise against this in person/ on tv.

moneymoney
December 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
Unless we play the series in Dubai/Sarjah (UK is too cold this time of the year), this tour will be called off.

shakibrulz
December 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
What a ****ing disgrace. Someone please start an online petition or something.

shuziburo
December 17, 2012, 10:08 PM
At CI: PCB using BPL to bargain for Bangladesh to tour (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/597375.html).

PCB played a dirty game here. BCB supported their candidate last time and PCB promised to support the BCB candidate this time. However, they decided to go back on their word. Now our boys are put on harm's way. Why didn't BCB call PCB out on their failure to honor a gentleman's commitment?

betaar
December 17, 2012, 10:18 PM
Hold on, don't get ahead of yourself there. I said they're being good negotiators, not ethical negotiators. If you're a sales guy, you would sell a pencil saying its THE pencil that one must have. That's exactly what PCb is doing. What's wrong with that? Instead, point the finger at Ur own board for failing to attract other countries in joining Bpl.

Do you really believe that's what's happening here? :facepalm:
In your example a sales guy saying "THE pencil is a must have" does not blackmail anyone. What PCB is saying is this, "THE pencil is a must have but if you don't buy it we will POKE YOUR EYE with it". Not the same, is it?

Jadukor
December 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
We need to believe in our own players to make a domestic tournament successful. Just organize the BPL with whichever foreign player that decides to come. If there aren't any big international stars then so be it. We can't compete with IPL anyways and with the current political climate the risks outweigh the benefit from this tournament. What we have is a huge interest in cricket within our population and I am sure whatever the number of international stars that eventually participate, the tournament will have public interest. What we need to do is to reduce the quota of foreign players per team so that we get to see more or our players in action. I wouldn't mind seeing a closely contested tournament comprising of only our players.

al-Sagar
December 17, 2012, 11:30 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_12_18/content_zoom/2012_12_18_18_0_b.jpg

al Furqaan
December 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
This is Bangladesh, twitter/ facebook won't have anywhere near as much impact as in person protest will. We need big shots to rise against this in person/ on tv.

Social media is big in africa...the whole Ramu incident started due to pictures on facebook. This is the new street. It can and will work...but only if we do it. We don't even have to leave our keyboard.

al Furqaan
December 17, 2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=261526

BCB will give PCB their final decision on December 20. Said the tour is subject to government clearance and that PCB made no demands regarding the BPL. Also said it "depends" on if ICC sends match officials.

I hope the gov says no to this tour and it looks like BCB is once again covering their butt to pull out of this last minute (inshallah).

zsayeed
December 18, 2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=261526

"Coincidentally, or perhaps not, the BPL auction date has also been set for December 20."

Journalism at its finest.

BrianLara7
December 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
If BD goes ahead to this tour then it just shows how shameless we are as a nation.. not even so called minnows like Ireland/ Netherlands will agree to tour Pakistan but we have to be the first as ginuea pigs.

M.H.Rubel
December 18, 2012, 02:07 AM
Pakistan in a state that no one will visit at this moment. In fact no option left for them other than Bangladesh. It is clear that PCB wants Bangladesh to visit regularly. So that they can show it to other countries that cricket in Pakistan is safe for others as well. But both PCB and BCB is showing their bad nature. First Bangladesh used PCB vote for VP post in ICC,now PCB is trying to take revenge. I can see a village politics is going on there. Shame for both sides.

simon
December 18, 2012, 06:44 AM
[বাংলা]সফর-প্রক্রিয়ার একটা গুরুত্বপূর্ণ অংশ নিয়ে কাল সন্ধ্যায় জাতীয় দলের পাঁচ সিনিয়র ক্রিকেটারের সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসেছিলেন বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন। সম্ভাব্য সফর নিয়ে কথা বলেছেন মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা, আবদুর রাজ্জাক ও তামিম ইকবালের সঙ্গে।[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]পাকিস্তানের অনিশ্চিত নিরাপত্তা পরিস্থিতি নিয়ে শঙ্কা প্রকাশের পরও খেলোয়াড়েরা নাকি সফরের ব্যাপারে ইতিবাচক মনোভাবই দেখিয়েছেন। সরাসরি ‘হ্যাঁ’ বা ‘না’ না বললেও জানিয়েছেন, রাষ্ট্র এবং বিসিবি পূর্ণ নিরাপত্তার প্রতিশ্রুতি দিলে পাকিস্তানে যেতে তাঁদের আপত্তি নেই। সবকিছু তাঁরা ছেড়ে দিতে চান বোর্ডের ওপর। সভায় উপস্থিত নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক এক খেলোয়াড় বলেছেন, ‘যদি সবাই ক্লিয়ারেন্স দেয় আমাদের যেতে আপত্তি থাকার কথা না। আমরা তো খেলতেই চাই।’ তার পরও চূড়ান্ত মতামত জানানোর আগে পরিবারের সঙ্গে কথা বলতে দু-এক দিন সময় চেয়েছেন ক্রিকেটাররা[/বাংলা]।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-18/news/314144

simon
December 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
Meanwhile Saber Hossain has something to say :

[বাংলা]বিসিবি গঠনতন্ত্র ইস্যুতে প্রতিবাদী সাবের হোসেন চৌধুরী[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2012December/Saber-hossen-bg1820121218042953.jpg
[বাংলা]এদিকে বাংলাদেশ দলের পাকিস্তান সফর প্রসঙ্গ উঠলে, বিসিবির সাবেক সভাপতি বলেন,‘ক্রিকেটারদে পূর্ণ নিরাপত্তা নিশ্চিত হলে পাকিস্তানে যেতে পারে। যদি পূর্ণ নিরাপত্তা থাকেই তাহলে কেন পূর্ণাঙ্গ সিরিজ হবে না। আমাদেরকে কেন গিনিপিগ হতে হবে।’[/বাংলা]

SOurce: http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=8e05657056acf6666e79c9b7ea6e1 92b&nttl=20121218052953159237

way to go Sab. :up:

Roni_uk
December 18, 2012, 07:31 AM
So it is confirmed.. just heard on NTV :(... we are doomed

Hamlafan
December 18, 2012, 09:23 AM
Guys we need to relax a bit, Nothing will happen to our boys.

Yes Pakistan is using us, then Again we used them... they allowed players to come last BPL....

mufi_02
December 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
Some of the comments in CI are extremely stupid and disgusting, coming mostly from pak fans, let's just cancel the tour and play BPL without them.

BPL is a domestic tournament and we shouldn't compete with IPL.

deshimon
December 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
The tour is most probably going to happen. Now we need the maximum security possible.

fiate2000
December 18, 2012, 01:36 PM

Who's with me?
Count me in

al Furqaan
December 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
No matter what BCB or government says...a last minute court order could halt the tour like last time. Thats what I'm hoping for. Plus none of the players have said anything. How can we tour without a coach and with biased PAK umpires?

Kabir
December 18, 2012, 06:48 PM
Two attacks in two days. Wow!

shuziburo
December 18, 2012, 07:07 PM
Two attacks in two days. Wow!

It is scary!

al-Sagar
December 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
accha ...... is there a famous place in pakistan for Honeymoon, shakib ei chance e Honeymoon to shere ashte paare ...........

Rabz
December 19, 2012, 12:13 AM
^^ Swat Valley is very beautiful you know.

mac
December 19, 2012, 12:47 AM
Pakistan a free free fireworks dekha jae..kono event lage na.. daily hoe.

BengaliPagol
December 19, 2012, 02:23 AM
Tour should not go on!!!

People might intentionally target the Bangladeshi boys while they are in Pakistan. It is not worth it.

Sohel
December 19, 2012, 02:28 AM
This isn't about what may or may not happen to our guys touring that dysfunctional state, but whether or not we should take the risk. I don't see anything worth that risk. I don't see this or any tour bringing international cricket back to Pakistan until Sri Lanka decides to tour there. Pakistan as we know it may be tragically extinct before that happens. Now, it is possible that at least one of those former Pakistani republics, probably Sindh, may be safe enough to tour in a few decades.

Fazal
December 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
Too many PAK players in BPL. Even Raam Shaam Jodo Modhu are selected from Pakistan.

ZeoTV will Show this in PAK markret as if its their tournament. Will replay mutiple times with 24 hours (which is good), before and analysis in each game (which is good) but mainly concentrating on PAK player's performance.

al Furqaan
December 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
They still haven't announced if they will tour or not. CI doesn't have anything...will check DS. Has PCB issued NOCs? There is still 3 weeks for government bans and court orders so keeping fingers crossed. Don't care if these 2nd rate Pakistan players don't end up coming.

MohammedC
December 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cricket-Bangladesh agree to tour Pakistan next month - PCB (http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/12/21/cricket-pakistan-bangladesh-idINL5E8NL8UQ20121221?rpc=401&feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=401)

B’desh agree to tour Pak next month - PCB (http://www.supersport.com/cricket/international/news/121221/Bdesh_agree_to_tour_Pak_next_month_PCB)

Bangladesh will tour Pakistan next month in the first tour by any country since armed militants attacked the Sri Lanka team in Lahore in March, 2009, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Friday.

"The Bangladesh board has conveyed to us their team's visit is confirmed and they have also got approval from their board members. They have also sent us the time frame for the tour," PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf told the Geo News Channel on Friday.

kalpurush
December 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
***Mod Alert***

Now that the tour seems a possibility (though, no official confirmation yet by BCB), many of us might not like the decision to tour Pakistan at the moment; I urge every one to respect forum rules (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_forum_rules) and convey their opinions accordingly.

Thank you :)

Jadukor
December 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
Pathetic decision. By doing this we are admitting that our cricketer's lives are the most expendable in world cricket at the moment.

mufi_02
December 21, 2012, 02:06 PM
Bring it ON. Now, can we end the 13 year drought?

zsayeed
December 21, 2012, 02:21 PM
mufi bhai, we have not been to Pakistan for 13 years?

Oder oikhaney pacer academy nai? Amader koekta pacer pathaley hoi na?

mufi_02
December 21, 2012, 02:24 PM

i meant we haven't won against them in any format for 13 years.

HereWeGo
December 21, 2012, 02:44 PM

none of the great pak pacers were produced in the academy....

deshimon
December 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
I think that if our team go to Pakistan, matches results won't be in favour of us. Because during match they will be afraid always of any kind of attack. So they can not concentrate in the game.

Fazal
December 21, 2012, 03:36 PM
I think that if our team go to Pakistan, matches results won't be in favour of us. Because during match they will be afraid always of any kind of attack. So they can not concentrate in the game.

but... but ... the bomb usually falls outside the stadium everywehre in the country.... I was thinking during their whole trip in Pakistan, they may feel little bit safer inside the field (relatively speaking)... and may be... they will try to stay longer in field ...

MyRoom
December 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
Let's finally beat them preferably in the lone ODI game so we can shut these Pakistan fans up that its impossible for Bangladesh to beat Pakistan and that 1999 win was fixed.

bujhee kom
December 21, 2012, 03:54 PM
Taholey ki oi sheh mesh Pakistan beratey amra jacchi-e? Jodi gelaam-i then what else can I say? Asha kori khela besh Jomey uthuk (like Al-Shagar Al Mirpuri would have said) + asha korbo trophy chiniye niey, bullet/boma dodge korey, joi hoye Banglaar matitey Bijiter beshe Laal/Shobujer Potaka pot pot korey uriey Bangladesh Biman-er theke neme ashbo Hazrat Shhjalal-er concrete runway-te, bakita Allah-er upor chere dilaam.

Accha bhais and apus, Pakistan-e ki ki dekhar achey? Archeological site achey, Indus river valley civilization ruins...Harppa's ruins, is that in Pakistan? Aurogozeb-er capital-ta kuthai? Lahore na Aurongabaad? Jahangir palace/fort o achey money hoi....accha bhais egula dekhtey geleo kono nirapotta nei, boma-toma mere othoba gola-guli korey amader mere feltey parey, right?

zsayeed
December 21, 2012, 04:11 PM
... Bk da ... aar baki rakhlen ki?

bujhee kom
December 21, 2012, 04:25 PM
ZSayeed dada, baki ekta rekheye diechilaam, paribarik dushchintai matha+brain perform korchey very very poorly......bhuley giechilaam eta add kortey je, Mushfiquer ebong Mahmudullah Riad jokhon Plane thekey nambey (Deshe firey ashar por)...

a. Mushfiquer er daan haatey thaktey hobey shonali trophy(ashol jinish thaktey hobey, pure gold, oishob jaigai dui nombori khub choley, bissas nai, nokol jinis dhoriey ditey parey..

b. Mushfiquer-er baam hatey thakbey protipokkho desher/porajito playe-rder pants(pantaloons/paijama) - karon hariye, pANT puro khuley niey pacha udaam korieye deshe firey ashtey hobey...haah, ki bolen?!!

shuziburo
December 21, 2012, 04:34 PM
Looks like our players are going. Hopefully, the BD team will receive the security provided for foreign head of state. If we are going, I hope our players will go with an attitude and kick some b---.

deshimon
December 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
ZSayeed dada, baki ekta rekheye diechilaam, paribarik dushchintai matha+brain perform korchey very very poorly......bhuley giechilaam eta add kortey je, Mushfiquer ebong Mahmudullah Riad jokhon Plane thekey nambey (Deshe firey ashar por)...

a. Mushfiquer er daan haatey thaktey hobey shonali trophy(ashol jinish thaktey hobey, pure gold, oishob jaigai dui nombori khub choley, bissas nai, nokol jinis dhoriey ditey parey..

b. Mushfiquer-er baam hatey thakbey protipokkho desher/porajito playe-rder pants(pantaloons/paijama) - karon hariye, pANT puro khuley niey pacha udaam korieye deshe firey ashtey hobey...haah, ki bolen?!!

BK da pants/pantalons/pajamas na anlei ki hoy na? Bola to jai na Bangladeshi players der batting and bowling dekhe oder pants gulor condition valo na o thakte pare.

al-Sagar
December 21, 2012, 10:57 PM
mather bhitor khela jome uthar kono sombhabona dekhtesi na

One World
December 22, 2012, 07:23 AM
Today's news feed: It is not 100% yet. :). Hope is still alive for not having this unwelcome series.

firstlane
December 22, 2012, 07:30 AM

BK da bolsilam ki aapni jodi cheleder sathe jeten ki valo tai na hoto. Oder voy dur korte parten, buke ball firiye aante parten.

BanCricFan
December 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
This tour will be an absolute nonesense!
If the security is guaranteed then why not a full series?? 1 ODI and a T20...what is the bloody point here? At least, a one off Test would have been much better.

Hope our young lads are not being mere sacrificial goats for PCB and the real chagol Lota Kamal and his deal with them!!

reyme
December 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Exactly. Playing 1 ODI and 1 T20 don't prove anything. In fact it shows the place is totally unsafe so they have to provide royal security service and that itself can't be provided more than 36 hours. If it was a regular tour, like 2 Tests and 3 ODI, that would speak the volume. With this tour PAK won't gain anything and BD players are taking a huge risk, and I highly doubt they can concentrate during the matches.

One World
December 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
This tour will be an absolute nonesense!
If the security is guaranteed then why not a full series?? 1 ODI and a T20...what is the bloody point here? At least, a one off Test would have been much better.

Hope our young lads are not being mere sacrificial goats for PCB and the real chagol Lota Kamal and his deal with them!!

WC back BCF. Good to see you posting. :flag:

BanCricFan
December 22, 2012, 09:03 AM
True, Pak stands to gain nothing from this tour as well. Even if we tour I dont think any other Test playing country will tour there in the foreseeable future.

I have always admired Pak cricket and I wish them nothing but good. But, Pak is just not safe enough right now for ALL involved.

BanCricFan
December 22, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks, one world, bro. Good to see you, too. :)

MyRoom
December 22, 2012, 09:59 AM
This is being discussed a lot in PakPassion but who is this "Executioner" guy? never see him on Bangla Forums and spends all his time over there.

Hamlafan
December 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
If the journey to Pakistan is safe and secure, we will tour Pakistan for full tours in future.

deshimon
December 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
It's clear nobody is safe in Pakistan at the moment. Even their ministers also aren't safe. So it seems presidential security also can not assure safety for anyone.

One World
December 22, 2012, 01:47 PM
If the journey to Pakistan is safe and secure, we will tour Pakistan for full tours in future.

You mean journey by train or plane? May be Shakib's new Bugati.

al Furqaan
December 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
BD players (and by that I mean all current national, A team, Academy, U-19, and domestic players) should man up and tell Lotus by way of Pappon to stuff it and that they won't tour regardless of what the ICC says.

ICC will have no qualms about throwing Bangladesh under the bus and I'm sure they will green light this tour no matter what.

I just hope we have another court order. Nothing has changed in the 8 months since we didn't tour last time. Committments against a scoundrel, cheat, and extorting board like the PCB can and should be broken like the seal of a tube of toothpaste.

reverse_swing
December 22, 2012, 04:46 PM
I doubt there will be another court order as local media is quite silent about this.

One World
December 22, 2012, 04:49 PM
Actually in terms of gluttony, lust, greed, treachery nobody can beat BCCI, PCB is just in a precarious position because of the political shambles of the country. Our politicians are no good comparatively. PCB bashing is not intended either. What we can ask unless the jungle is civilized I am not willing to go there and stay for days.

M.H.Rubel
December 22, 2012, 05:34 PM
Pak tour awaits its final assessment
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) agreed that the Tigers will embark on a short two-match tour of Pakistan next month.

But the BCB president said that the

tour is hinging on two aspects -- a final security assessment and a response from the International Cricket Council (ICC) on the series.

BCB president Nazmul Hassan Papon told BBC Radio in an interview yesterday that they will send the team to Pakistan only when they feel that the security is enough for the trip. . . . http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=262178

al Furqaan
December 22, 2012, 07:13 PM
Actually in terms of gluttony, lust, greed, treachery nobody can beat BCCI, PCB is just in a precarious position because of the political shambles of the country. Our politicians are no good comparatively. PCB bashing is not intended either. What we can ask unless the jungle is civilized I am not willing to go there and stay for days.

Our beef here is just with the PCB. And to be fair, BCCI has actually treated BCB semi-decently. They haven't ever hosted us, but I'm sure BCB never really pushed for it either instead opting to play India at home and reap the rewards instead of mere "meal allowances".

PCB has done well by giving us our only full tour ever (3 tests, 5 ODIs) in 2003, but to now bully and extort us, with their razakar accomplice Lotus Kamal, they've crossed a line. Although they now have plans of hosting India next year (yeah right?) so maybe they are acting somewhat in "good faith".

Anywho, there wasn't a media storm last time was there? There's always plenty of time [bombs] to change that at the last minute.

kalpurush
December 22, 2012, 08:06 PM
Our beef here is just with the PCB. And to be fair, BCCI has actually treated BCB semi-decently. They haven't ever hosted us, but I'm sure BCB never really pushed for it either

How can you be sure that BCB didn't try hard?

al-Sagar
December 22, 2012, 08:28 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_12_23/content_zoom/2012_12_23_22_1_b.jpg

al-Sagar
December 23, 2012, 01:12 AM
[বাংলা]কড়া নিরাপত্তায়ও প্রাণ গেল পাক মন্ত্রীর! (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-12-23/news/315529)

সব ধরনের নিরাপত্তাব্যবস্থ নেওয়া সত্ত্বেও পাকিস্তানের খাইবার পাখতুনখাওয়া প্রদেশের জ্যেষ্ঠ মন্ত্রী বশির আহমেদ বিলাওরের ওপর আত্মঘাতী হামলার ঘটনা ঘটেছে। সংশ্লিষ্ট পুলিশ কর্মকর্তাদের বরাত দিয়ে পাকিস্তানের ‘দ্য ডন’ পত্রিকার অনলাইন আজ রোববার এ তথ্য জানিয়েছে। ফলে পাকিস্তানে নিরাপত্তাব্যবস্থ র বিষয়টি আবারও প্রশ্নের মুখে পড়েছে।
পাকিস্তানের উত্তর-পশ্চিমাঞ্চলের খাইবার পাখতুনখাওয়া প্রদেশের রাজধানী পেশোয়ারের কিসাখাওয়ানি বাজারের কাছে আওয়ামী ন্যাশনাল পার্টির (এএনপি) এক সভায় গতকাল আত্মঘাতী হামলা চালানো হয়। এতে প্রদেশের জ্যেষ্ঠ মন্ত্রী বশির আহমেদ বিলাওরসহ আটজন নিহত ও ১৭ জন আহত হন।
হামলায় বশির আহমেদ বিলাওর গুরুতর আহত হলে হাসপাতালে নেওয়ার পর চিকিত্সকেরা তাঁকে মৃত ঘোষণা করেন। নিহত ব্যক্তিদের মধ্যে মন্ত্রীর ব্যক্তিগত সহকারীও আছেন। আহত ব্যক্তিদের মধ্যে পাঁচজনের অবস্থা গুরুতর।
পাকিস্তানভিত্তিক জঙ্গি সংগঠন তেহরিক-ই-তালেবান এ হামলার দায় স্বীকার করেছে।
এ ঘটনায় পাকিস্তানের প্রেসিডেন্ট, প্রধানমন্ত্রী ও বিভিন্ন রাজনৈতিক দলের নেতারা নিন্দা ও শোক জানিয়েছেন। দেশটির প্রধানমন্ত্রী রাজা পারভেজ আশরাফ আজ রোববার পাকিস্তানে এক দিনের রাষ্ট্রীয় শোক ঘোষণা করেছেন। এ দিন জাতীয় পতাকা অর্ধনমিত থাকবে।
পেশোয়ারের জ্যেষ্ঠ পুলিশ কর্মকর্তা ইমরান শহীদ দাবি করেছেন, খাইবার পাখতুনখাওয়া প্রদেশের রাজধানী পেশোয়ারের কিসাখাওয়ানি বাজারের কাছে আওয়ামী ন্যাশনাল পার্টির (এএনপি) রাজনৈতিক সভাকে কেন্দ্র করে কড়া নিরাপত্তাব্যবস্থ গ্রহণ করা হয়েছিল। কিন্তু নিরাপত্তাব্যবস্থ র ফাঁক গলে আত্মঘাতী হামলাকারী এ ঘটনা ঘটাতে সক্ষম হন।
নিরাপত্তা কর্মকর্তারা বলছেন, প্রায় ছয় কিলোগ্রাম বিস্ফোরক দিয়ে এ হামলা চালানো হয়েছে। ঘটনাস্থলে হামলাকারীর মাথা ও পা পাওয়া গেছে।
এদিকে দেশটির তথ্যমন্ত্রী কামার জামান কাইরা গতকাল শনিবার দেশবাসীর প্রতি নতুন উদ্যমে সন্ত্রাস মোকাবিলার আহ্বান জানিয়েছেন।[/বাংলা]

Sohel
December 23, 2012, 02:08 AM
BCB will make a final decision sometime this week, according to Papon. Any court intervention on the grounds of public safety will take place after that. This risky, meaningless and unpopular tour is far from confirmed at this point. This tour will not take place.

One World
December 23, 2012, 04:01 AM
PCB has done well by giving us our only full tour ever (3 tests, 5 ODIs) in 2003, but to now bully and extort us, with their razakar accomplice Lotus Kamal, they've crossed a line. Although they now have plans of hosting India next year (yeah right?) so maybe they are acting somewhat in "good faith".

Anywho, there wasn't a media storm last time was there? There's always plenty of time [bombs] to change that at the last minute.

My point was PCB is not to be blamed for the anarchy inside the country. As a national organization their prime duty is to making sure their team plays enough cricket with quality opponents. If continuously playing in Sharzah was more profitable I believe they would not push hard for a home series. Now, what they are asking as Kabir mentioned is fair and square. If Lotus Kamal suddenly gets Razakar-minded, as per your post, or BCB responds positively why finger point PCB?

Yes, there was a media storm last time cause that time none of those "give and take" issues between PCB and BCB existed or were raised.

Isnaad
December 23, 2012, 04:11 AM
Suppose Pakistan is safe. Just suppose. And lets suppose you are in the playing XI. When in the field, can you give it your 100% in terms of concentration. Wouldn't the risk of your life, no matter how safe Pakistan is, be at the back of your mind?
Clearly Pakistan have the upper hand here in all respects. We are just being used and and that is pretty much it.

deshimon
December 23, 2012, 04:44 AM
Suppose Pakistan is safe. Just suppose. And lets suppose you are in the playing XI. When in the field, can you give it your 100% in terms of concentration. Wouldn't the risk of your life, no matter how safe Pakistan is, be at the back of your mind?
Clearly Pakistan have the upper hand here in all respects. We are just being used and and that is pretty much it.

It seems Pakistan is a hole of death. Though they give enough security there our players can not concentrate in the game. As a result our results also won't be good. Actually what do we wanna gain from this series?

ankur86
December 23, 2012, 06:06 AM
There is always a calm after the storm. Since the minister is killed, the storm is over and we can go for a safe and quick trip. Tehrik-i-Islam is a muslim organization and they will not attack on us. Every country has problems. I did not like that Pakistan blackmailed us. Their player will starve if we ban them. But we must forgive and forget and the show must go on.

roman
December 23, 2012, 06:32 AM
Tehrik-i-Islam is a muslim organization and they will not attack on us. .
How can you be so sure? :-|

deshimon
December 23, 2012, 06:56 AM
Tehrik-i-Islam is a muslim organization and they will not attack on us.

Do you think their minister who had died because of the attack, wasn't Muslim? If they don't attack Muslim, then why did they attack in the mosque frequently? Why do they attack their own Muslim citizens?

ankur86
December 23, 2012, 07:05 AM
Your logic is valid, I am probably wrong. I hoped for the positive only.

RezaA
December 23, 2012, 07:13 AM
I've a question and that is why not Pakistan host Bangladesh in Sharjah as they did with other test playing nations recently?