PDA

View Full Version : SAHARA CUP WEST INDIES TOUR OF BANGLADESH 2012: Bangladesh squad for first Test

Zunaid
November 8, 2012, 02:26 AM
Dhaka, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Media Release
SAHARA CUP WEST INDIES TOUR OF BANGLADESH 2012: Bangladesh squad for first Test

The Bangladesh Squad for the first Test against the West Indies starting in Dhaka on 13 November:

Mushfiqur Rahim (Captain), Mahmudullah (Vice Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Zunaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazim Uddin, Nasir Hossain, Mohammed Elias, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Shohag Gazi.

Note: The players from the preliminary list of 22 who have not been selected in the first Test squad will join their respective National Cricket League teams for the next round of matches.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 02:36 AM
It's nice to see Shohag in the team. I hope that's the start of a new era in Bangladesh cricket.

What does Abul Hasan still do in the team? What type of connections does he have to win a test place after consecutive failures?

Maysun
How is Abul getting through again? :umm:

Most likely XI:
Tamim
Nazim
Junaid
Naeem
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Nasir
Sunny
Shahadat
Rubel

Sad to see no Anamul/Mominul. I'd take a risk by dropping Nazim and debuting Shohag.

al Furqaan
Bomi ashlo ey squad dekhe...perhaps the most terrible selection I've seen a while. I think the 11 left out of the pre-lim squad could beat this team by an innings. The only good news is that this is a squad for the First Test only. Hopefully the failures will be benched for the guys that perform out of the 11 who were left out.

As much as I doubt Nazim, I guess he *deserved* to be in the XV.
Abul Hasan over Nazmul? Why not Tapash?
Mahmudullah over Mominul and Anamul? OK perhaps expected.

I'm not terribly upset to see JS and SN, but I think they are limited players and we should have brought in Anamul and Mominul in at their expense.

Gazi is the only pseudo-surprise pick I can't argue against, although I would have selected Jr over him.

Zunaid
November 8, 2012, 02:37 AM
So that's a debut for Abul and Sohag.

Sohel should be happy. Nazza! is in.

Where is Enamul, jr?

Rabz
November 8, 2012, 02:38 AM
Seems like Nazim, Abul and Sunny will sit out.
They are definitely playing Shohag Gazi.

Tamim
Zunaed
SN
Shakib
Riyad
Nasir
Naeem
Rahim
Gazi
Rubel
SRK

I reckhon they should play 2 out of Riyad/Nasir/Naeem and and get Sunny in.
At current form, Naeem is a must.
So the battle should be between Riyad/Nasir.
Nasir might be the unlucky one since the other is VC.

So, there you go, replace Nasir with Sunny and you have your XI for the first test.

al Furqaan
November 8, 2012, 02:39 AM
Doc, this is just the squad for the 1st Test as opposed to the entire series (of 2) right?

rinathq
November 8, 2012, 02:46 AM
Abul??? Really?? no Enamul Huq.... this is terrible
and Nazmul... well i didnt really expect him to make the squad.

Maysun
November 8, 2012, 02:49 AM
Seems like Nazim, Abul and Sunny will sit out.
They are definitely playing Shohag Gazi.

Tamim
Zunaed
SN
Shakib
Riyad
Nasir
Naeem
Rahim
Gazi
Rubel
SRK

I reckhon they should play 2 out of Riyad/Nasir/Naeem and and get Sunny in.
At current form, Naeem is a must.
So the battle should be between Riyad/Nasir.
Nasir might be the unlucky one since the other is VC.

So, there you go, replace Nasir with Sunny and you have your XI for the first test.

Naah. I think Sunny is an automatic pick. If there is a fight for a place if at all, IMO, it will be between Nazimuddin/SN/Gazi.

BANFAN
November 8, 2012, 02:52 AM
Could have taken one of Anamul, Mominul instead of SN..... Nayeem should bat at the top... Rest looks fine.

rinathq
November 8, 2012, 02:54 AM
My squad based on the selection,
Tamim
Nazim
Nafees
Naeem
Shakib
Mushy
Riyad
Gazi
Sunny
Shahadat
Rubel

wktkeeper
November 8, 2012, 02:55 AM
not happy with the team selection :(

Habib
November 8, 2012, 02:58 AM
SN and Abul again? 1 bolod out, 2 bolod in. Scratch that. It's 3. Nazimuddin is there. Hope Shahadat finds his old form. Welcome back Rubel.

rinathq
November 8, 2012, 03:05 AM
is it just me or they are rushing with Rubel at the moment. Playing him for a test series right after recovering from a long injury isnt something i would call ideal.
and Junayed... 1 ton and he is in.... thats it.

crikss
November 8, 2012, 03:08 AM
SO Nasir getting dropped ? along with ?? SN / Sunny ?

Nah..Abul is too much powerful guy to mess with

Jadukor
November 8, 2012, 03:11 AM
Frightened to even think of watching the duo of Abul and Shahadat bowling for us. I think watching Sword of Tipu Sultan would be a lesser punishment.

Naeem deservedly got his chance after scoring runs... but feeling really sorry for Enamul Hq junior and Nazmul hossain who must feel short changed yet again.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 03:12 AM
The current selection committee is too much defensive. I still miss the committee of Faruk and Athar.

Not impressed with SN and Nazimuddin being in the team. Last test performance cannot be counted if you play test after one year.

What the heck Abul Hasan is doing in the team? Now I believe he has the strongest lobbying.

If Riyad plays in the first test and fails he must be dropped in the second test. This should be his last chance.

Junaid should partner with Tamim in the opening slot.

Most probably Shahadat and Rubel will take the new ball.

I would like to see Shohag playing in the first test. He cannot do worse than others. But if he is a big match performer then he will grab the chance to impress.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 03:16 AM
My team....

1. Tamim
2. Junaid
3. Naeem
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiqur
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Sunny
9. Shohag
10. Rubel
11. Shahadat

shakibrulz
November 8, 2012, 03:16 AM
Someone please remind me why the HELL Abul is in the squad and Enamul isn't? The guy fails in T20, has a below par NCL, and he's still getting included in the national squad? Even when he's far below the pecking order compared to bowlers like Alauddin Babu etc. let alone Enamul?

shakibrulz
November 8, 2012, 03:20 AM
Anyways, this seems to be an OK XI from the squad:

1. Tamim
2. Junaid
3. Naeem
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiqur+
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Sunny
10. Rubel
11. Shahadat

Decent batting and bowling depth, on paper.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 03:21 AM
Abul has played only 6 FC matches and taken only 8 wickets. Nothing impressive at all. His FC average is 43.37 and SR is 88.6.

If they could try Abul then why not Al Amin. Al Amin has played 10 FC matches and taken 40 wickets averaging 16.95 and at a SR of 34.5.

Akram and co. don't have minimum sense. They should go NOW. Enough is enough.

MohammedC
November 8, 2012, 03:24 AM
Good luck to Bangladesh Cricket Team. Ram,Sham,Jodu and Modu who cares if the team does well.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 03:25 AM
Shipon bhai seems have gotten frustrated.

Bhai after coming such a long way please keep the faith.

Gowza
November 8, 2012, 03:28 AM
wow horrible selection. abul? plus nazim, SN and junaid? i hope naeem gets in the XI. nazim i can understand that want to give him a few more tries (even though i disagree with it) but having both SN and junaid in there isn't needed. 4 of the spots in the squad are taken up by top 3 batsmen and it's a hime test match where if injury happens someone can be called in as a replacement, they should have decided on their top 3 and taken just them, unless SN is being looked at as a middle order option but then there's already nasir, shakib, naeem, riyad and mushy so i don't see how he'd get into the XI as a middle order bat.

would have been very much worth selecting at least one of anamul or mominul even if they didn't get to play.

i hope gazi gets his debut but i seriously hope it isn't at the expense of sunny. abul, rubel and shahadat all being there is wrong to. 3 quicks there but all are wayward. needed nazmul there for sure, other good pacer picks would have been kazi kamrul, shafiul, al amin, abu jayed, even alauddin.

Gowza
November 8, 2012, 03:34 AM
The current selection committee is too much defensive. I still miss the committee of Faruk and Athar.

Not impressed with SN and Nazimuddin being in the team. Last test performance cannot be counted if you play test after one year.

What the heck Abul Hasan is doing in the team? Now I believe he has the strongest lobbying.

If Riyad plays in the first test and fails he must be dropped in the second test. This should be his last chance.

I would like to see Shohag playing in the first test. He cannot do worse than others. But if he is a big match performer then he will grab the chance to impress.

i think junaid should bat 1st drop, that's where he's done his best work in test cricket, nazim should open for because that's where they've placed him so far in his test career and since he is in the squad they should give him the chance in that same position so we can get a greater view of his ability there. atm nazim has had some good scores opening and some bad scores, this test or this series if he gets more matches after the first test will give a greater insight as to whether he can perform there, if he can't then it's time for anamul no questions.

riyad is another worry but while he's VC he won't get dropped.

zahidnyc
November 8, 2012, 03:41 AM

yeah u should drop the whole team , tamim and sakib too , what is in the world u wanna drop riad ? he is the best test player we have right now , just bcz of switching his batting position making him suffer , when the last time u saw musfiq made 50? musfiq has lower average in all format than mahmuduallah , and 2nd able he is allrounder and very effective as a offspin bowler , u dont have no clue bro, dropping riad will be a disaster for bangladesh team batting line up

riajul
November 8, 2012, 03:44 AM
why abul, sn and big z ? no mominul ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Rabz
November 8, 2012, 03:49 AM
Naah. I think Sunny is an automatic pick. If there is a fight for a place if at all, IMO, it will be between Nazimuddin/SN/Gazi.

I hope so. Sunny should be an auto pic for test team.
But having Naeem at no 3 will be a tricky business. He is more suited in middle order than top.

MohammedC
November 8, 2012, 03:56 AM
Shipon bhai seems have gotten frustrated.

Bhai after coming such a long way please keep the faith.

What do you mean by frustrated?

I am with Bangladesh Cricket Team whether they win or loose. If you refer to a player I prefer who does not get selected for good reason (completely out of touch) then I am even happier.

Only player who I think is unfairly left out is Enam Jnr but which SLA would you left out to get him in to team. Shakib or Elias.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 04:00 AM
What do you mean by frustrated?

I am with Bangladesh Cricket Team whether they win or loose. If you refer to a player I prefer who does not get selected for good reason (completely out of touch) then I am even happier.

Only player who I think is unfairly left out is Enam Jnr but which SLA would you left out to get him in to team. Shakib or Elias.
Actually I misunderstood. By reading your last post I thought you became a bit frustrated which periodically happens with almost all of us. :)

Sunny has to be discarded from the team if Enam has to come in the team. I think he might get the call if Sunny doesn't perform well in the first test.

Nadim
November 8, 2012, 04:04 AM
So I was right. Bcb end up With safe option. Losers
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 04:06 AM
So I was right. Bcb end up With safe option. Losers

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
They always are.

BANFAN
November 8, 2012, 04:07 AM
yeah u should drop the whole team , tamim and sakib too , what is in the world u wanna drop riad ? he is the best test player we have right now , just bcz of switching his batting position making him suffer , when the last time u saw musfiq made 50? musfiq has lower average in all format than mahmuduallah , and 2nd able he is allrounder and very effective as a offspin bowler , u dont have no clue bro, dropping riad will be a disaster for bangladesh team batting line up

I think "Best" is your favorite word.... You term LK the best president and Riyadh the best test player..... :) ....

Riyad if dropped from the playing 11, I won't mind....

BANFAN
November 8, 2012, 04:10 AM
My team....

1. Tamim
2. Junaid
3. Naeem
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiqur
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Sunny
9. Shohag
10. Rubel
11. Shahadat

Agree to this team, but I guess Riyadh will come in for Nasir...

jeesh
November 8, 2012, 04:14 AM
There are a few positives though. One positive is they are shielding Mominul and Anamul. Many will not agree, but its better to allow them to keep performing in FC and maybe a few more A Team tours. Sohag Gazi's selection is also another positive. Selectors have probably realized we need variation in the spin attack and included him. Think about it, better to have Gazi than both Enamul and Sunny. And how can you drop Sunny considering what he did against the same opposition a year ago.

Selectors must also be praised for not selecting Razzak, it was a pretty bold decision considering Razzak is the leading wicket taker so far in NCL.

Nadim
November 8, 2012, 04:17 AM
Agree to this team, but I guess Riyadh will come in for Nasir...
Yh gd XI. Would PRobably chose the sme.

Riyad is there already;at 6;)

little_master
November 8, 2012, 04:22 AM
Anamul Haque could have been selected instead of big Z/SN/Nazim!

Gowza
November 8, 2012, 04:22 AM
reckon mushy should bat at #7, nasir at #5 and riyad at #6, mushy isn't in form at all atm and he's also there for his keeping and he's generally good at the end of the innings so #7 is a good spot for him atm. riyad isn't in form either but he is primarily there for batting so he needs to bat top 6 and prove it. nasir has done well enough in all formats of internationals, even the test format to warrant a top 6 spot and to be given more responsibility and a greater amount of time to contribute to the innings.

kumar89
November 8, 2012, 04:25 AM
Poor Selection: No Enamul Haque Jr. happy to see Abul included, looks a good combination. Three seamers, Shahadat & Rubel to bowl majority and have Abul as third option seam. The Spinners as usual will be Shakib, Elias and I think Sohag Gazi will debut. This looks like the team:

1) Tamim Iqbal
2) Shariar Nafees
3) Mahmudullah Raid
4) Naeem Islam
5) Nasir Hossain
6) Shakib Al Hasan
7) Mushfiqur Rahim
8) Elias Sunny
9) Sohag Gazi
10) Shahadat Hossain
11) Rubel Hossain

where does Nazimuddin fit in?

any know how we can play three seamers?

Gowza
November 8, 2012, 04:35 AM
Poor Selection: No Enamul Haque Jr. happy to see Abul included, looks a good combination. Three seamers, Shahadat & Rubel to bowl majority and have Abul as third option seam. The Spinners as usual will be Shakib, Elias and I think Sohag Gazi will debut. This looks like the team:

1) Tamim Iqbal
2) Shariar Nafees
3) Mahmudullah Raid
4) Naeem Islam
5) Nasir Hossain
6) Shakib Al Hasan
7) Mushfiqur Rahim
8) Elias Sunny
9) Sohag Gazi
10) Shahadat Hossain
11) Rubel Hossain

where does Nazimuddin fit in?

any know how we can play three seamers?

think naeem is more likely to be at #3 than riyad...junaid might even sneak in as opener ahead of SN based on his big ton he just scored, SN didn't score too significantly in the recent NCL matches...

only way to get a 3rd seamer in is to drop a spinner or a batsman. i think it's more likely they'll only take 2 spinners (shakib and sunny) than it is for them to drop a batsman. BD always likes to bat down to #7 and dropping a batsman won't allow that....and they could use riyad as a 3rd spin option. though i really hope gazi and sunny make the XI and based on this squad i hope naeem plays to.

al Furqaan
November 8, 2012, 04:37 AM
To be brutally honest, SN and Junaid will hit at least one fifty each, and in fact I expect 1 ton from their 8 innings. Nazimuddin I expect to fail. Rampaul can easily eat him up. Then again I expected him to crap in his pants against Pakistan. We'll see.

Abul's selection is dumbfounding. Even more so when you consider how many guys have LEGIT claims above him. Nazmul, Al Amin, any U-19 pacer, Enamul, Sajib, Shubhashish heck even Dollar and Robin and Soumya's arm deserve a spot over him!

I've always defended the selectors, by and large, and I have no idea how Akram and company came up with this. This isn't even conservative, its downright coma-inducing!

al Furqaan
November 8, 2012, 04:40 AM
Anamul Haque could have been selected instead of big Z/SN/Nazim!

At least two of Nazim, SN, Junaid, riyad will fail this series. That makes room for the Haque duo who should continue to score in NCL. If Gazi fails, I think Enam will be called up for the Khulna clash.

This is the first time we've named a segmented Test squad (first and second matches). I think selectors are giviing one last shot to some old guns before getting new blood in. Thats not a bad strategy in my opinion, but if the new blood are to be trusted why not give them the entire series and the best possible chance at getting a positive result?

Gowza
November 8, 2012, 04:43 AM
At least two of Nazim, SN, Junaid, riyad will fail this series. That makes room for the Haque duo who should continue to score in NCL. If Gazi fails, I think Enam will be called up for the Khulna clash.

This is the first time we've named a segmented Test squad (first and second matches). I think selectors are giviing one last shot to some old guns before getting new blood in. Thats not a bad strategy in my opinion, but if the new blood are to be trusted why not give them the entire series and the best possible chance at getting a positive result?

as you say they should trust the new blood with the series, otherwise they're not getting enough matches and if they fail they'll be dropped most likely.

al Furqaan
November 8, 2012, 04:43 AM
There are a few positives though. One positive is they are shielding Mominul and Anamul. Many will not agree, but its better to allow them to keep performing in FC and maybe a few more A Team tours. Sohag Gazi's selection is also another positive. Selectors have probably realized we need variation in the spin attack and included him. Think about it, better to have Gazi than both Enamul and Sunny. And how can you drop Sunny considering what he did against the same opposition a year ago.

Selectors must also be praised for not selecting Razzak, it was a pretty bold decision considering Razzak is the leading wicket taker so far in NCL.

Agreed 100%. Although I would have played the Haques, I think they might get called up for the 2nd test if guys in teh current squad crap in their pants. And I suppose this is not a terrible decision by the selectors (if in fact this is what they were thinking, which I think is possible since they selected the best possible prelim 22).

kumar89
November 8, 2012, 04:44 AM
To be brutally honest, SN and Junaid will hit at least one fifty each, and in fact I expect 1 ton from their 8 innings. Nazimuddin I expect to fail. Rampaul can easily eat him up. Then again I expected him to crap in his pants against Pakistan. We'll see.

Abul's selection is dumbfounding. Even more so when you consider how many guys have LEGIT claims above him. Nazmul, Al Amin, any U-19 pacer, Enamul, Sajib, Shubhashish heck even Dollar and Robin and Soumya's arm deserve a spot over him!

I've always defended the selectors, by and large, and I have no idea how Akram and company came up with this. This isn't even conservative, its downright coma-inducing!

why do you think abul's selection is dumbfounding? -

I don't see why we should be unhappy about this decision. The coach and team management has belief and trust in him. that in itself does not mean he will start the test match against West Indies. If someone like Shafiul or players you mentioned are picked will they start in the playing XI? knowing that BD normally plays 2 seamers, I assume it will be Shahadat& Rubel. so what happens if Abul is Included as 3rd option seamer?

-- Nazmul should have been included over any of this players.. Nafees or Nazimuddin.--

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 04:51 AM
why do you think abul's selection is dumbfounding? -

I don't see why we should be unhappy about this decision. The coach and team management has belief and trust in him. that in itself does not mean he will start the test match against West Indies. If someone like Shafiul or players you mentioned are picked will they start in the playing XI? knowing that BD normally plays 2 seamers, I assume it will be Shahadat& Rubel. so what happens if Abul is Included as 3rd option seamer?

-- Nazmul should have been included over any of this players.. Nafees or Nazimuddin.--
Inclusion of Abul would give wrong signal to other upcoming pacers. They would tend to think that performance is not the main criteria to be selected as pacer in BD team.

On a different note for your kind information, our team management and coach are not asked for opinion before finalizing the 14. This is a common trend in BD.

Nadim
November 8, 2012, 04:51 AM
Agreed 100%. Although I would have played the Haques, I think they might get called up for the 2nd test if guys in teh current squad crap in their pants. And I suppose this is not a terrible decision by the selectors (if in fact this is what they were thinking, which I think is possible since they selected the best possible prelim 22).

We will see Haque's in odi. Long odi series ahead and we have no number 2/3 for that format

simon
November 8, 2012, 05:52 AM
time to chnge my abhatar from Ononto to Abul.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

zinatf
November 8, 2012, 06:14 AM
SRK, Abul ache jekhane bipod nai shekhane :lol:

mij
November 8, 2012, 06:27 AM
What we have to do to get abul out? If selector going for experience what experience he has?

I am also worried about form of our main players, Shakib / Mush is worrying me.

M.H.Rubel
November 8, 2012, 07:03 AM
My team....

1. Tamim
2. Junaid
3. Naeem
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiqur
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Sunny
9. Shohag
10. Rubel
11. Shahadat

Sadi tomare akta boka dimu!!!!
Do you want Naeem at #3 in test cricket? R u sure?
Sorry to say your post was like a street cricketer.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 07:15 AM
Sadi tomare akta boka dimu!!!!
Do you want Naeem at #3 in test cricket? R u sure?
Sorry to say your post was like a street cricketer.
Bhyia Naeem plays at no 3 and no 4 in domestic cricket. You can check his matches in current NCL. I think that he is a top order material. Siddons made him a lower order batsman.

Equinox
November 8, 2012, 07:26 AM
So Shohag's selection wasn't random after all. I still think it may be a bit too early for him. I feel as if he has been picked to exploit the left-hand dominated Windies line-up and will be discarded after this series. Regardless, really looking forward to watching him bowl. He has been one of my favourite domestic players for a while now.

Atrocious selections in the pace department. Shahadat, Rubel and Abul. Their bowling figures are already flashing before my eyes. What more has Nazmul got to do?

Sohel
November 8, 2012, 07:29 AM
Absolutely fabulous team, any side is bound to be with Nazza! in it, but would've been better with the inclusion of other worldbeaters like Rocky and Imzi. Great to see The SN back. Windies better watch out. I don't think they'll have much left after Nazza! and The SN is done with their bowlers. Whatever they may have left will be decimated by the lethal combination of The Rajib and The Abul.

I don't see how Shakib got selected despite his abysmal failures in the NCL, the greatest FC cricket tournament ever. Granted he'll face inferior bowlers in a lower level of cricket, but I'd have been more comfortable had he been able to score in the NCL, the greatest FC cricket tournament ever. Too bad Nazza! donated most of his runs to fellow Cittagognano Tamim. Can't donate too many of those to lesser players, I say.

Maple1900
November 8, 2012, 07:36 AM
Why you guys are hating Abul a lot. To me , he is a decent pacer.he needs proper guidance from coach and he would be a great prospect of our pace attack.

M.H.Rubel
November 8, 2012, 07:36 AM

Well may be current selection committee looking a bit defensive but i think their team selection is ok. Nazimuddin was the last test opener for BD. His performance was not too bad. Do we have any replacement? In that case he deserve another chance. In #3 SN is ok. In last 4 test he scored 232 runs wit an average of 29. So he deserve to be in the team. Only thing that can be mentioned here is inclusion of Zunaid over Mominul. I was expecting Mominul there. But experience said in fever of Zunaid in this vulnerable top order.
Regarding Riyad, In test cricket he is not a bad test batsman. May be he is not in form. In that case droping him is not a good idea. We need to stop this in and out game.
Overall i am happy with the team. Though its only for one test still I ll mis Mominul. Though i did not find a space to locate him.

Sohel
November 8, 2012, 07:41 AM
My choice (perfect batting order):

1. Nazza!
2. Big Z
3. The SN
4. Mohammad Nayeem Islam
5. Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad (VC)
6. Mohammad Mushfiqur Rahim (C-WK)
7. Shohag gazi
8. Mohammad Elias Sunny
9. The Abul
10. The Rajib
11. Tamim Iqbal

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 07:44 AM
Why you guys are hating Abul a lot. To me , he is a decent pacer.he needs proper guidance from coach and he would be a great prospect of our pace attack.
Nobody hates him. Let him come to the national side when he is fully ready. National team is a not a place for babysitting.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 07:47 AM
Well may be current selection committee looking a bit defensive but i think their team selection is ok. Nazimuddin was the last test opener for BD. His performance was not too bad. Do we have any replacement? In that case he deserve another chance. In #3 SN is ok. In last 4 test he scored 232 runs wit an average of 29. So he deserve to be in the team. Only thing that can be mentioned here is inclusion of Zunaid over Mominul. I was expecting Mominul there. But experience said in fever of Zunaid in this vulnerable top order.
Regarding Riyad, In test cricket he is not a bad test batsman. May be he is not in form. In that case droping him is not a good idea. We need to stop this in and out game.
Overall i am happy with the team. Though its only for one test still I ll mis Mominul. Though i did not find a space to locate him.

As I said earlier, we played last test almost one year back. Nazimuddin didn't do anything since then. Same goes true for SN. SN went to India and what did he do? What did Nazimuddin and SN do in last few FC matches?

Riyad is a player who scores only when the game is already lost and the opponents are not putting high intensity pressure. Yet what was his performance in last few tests and FC matches?

What did Abul do to get a spot in the team?

Defensive mindset would get us nowhere.

M.H.Rubel
November 8, 2012, 07:55 AM
Bhyia Naeem plays at no 3 and no 4 in domestic cricket. You can check his matches in current NCL. I think that he is a top order material. Siddons made him a lower order batsman.

Those days are gone. Now Naeem dont bat above #4 in FC. And i think you have seen how terrible he looks when he plays at top order in ODI in recent past.

Roni_uk
November 8, 2012, 08:07 AM
Gayle is on his way to score the highest Test score facing Abul - MMW

Tiger444
November 8, 2012, 08:22 AM
Pretty surprised to see that they decided to shield Mominul and Anamul on the batting side but not shield Sohag and Abul on the bowling side? Of course the Sohag selection makes much more sense because he brings variation but Abul's selection is a surprising one.

Anyways now thinking about who will end up grabbing the spots. I think we'll either see Nazim at opener and SN at #3 or SN at opener and Junaid at #3. My gut feeling says that we'll end up going with the latter.

Another big question is who will play at #8? We saw that Nasir will most likely bat there but now with Sohag in there, will we end up seeing him instead at that spot? At the #8 spot, I would rather have Sohag since he can bat a bit and is the better bowler. If we want to use Nasir then either have him bat in the top 7 or don't play him at all. No point of wasting him at #8. I see Elias being a lock in the team.

As for the pacers, we'll most likely go with Shahadat and Rubel.

Congrats to whoever made it and best of luck to all of them. Hope they all perform well.

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 08:46 AM
Those days are gone. Now Naeem dont bat above #4 in FC. And i think you have seen how terrible he looks when he plays at top order in ODI in recent past.
Naeem is not a limited over player. He never has been. His inability to rotate strike makes sometimes makes him funny when playing in ODI.

We need an innings builder in the top order. Naeem seems to be the only suitable person for that. If he plays then he has to bat within top 5. He likes to take time and build his innings. If he plays down the order, I am afraid he won't be able to be much effective.

Tiger444
November 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
Naeem is not a limited over player. He never has been. His inability to rotate strike makes sometimes makes him funny when playing in ODI.

We need an innings builder in the top order. Naeem seems to be the only suitable person for that. If he plays then he has to bat within top 5. He likes to take time and build his innings. If he plays down the order, I am afraid he won't be able to be much effective.

He'll most likely bat at #4 which seems a good position for him. He won't get exposed too early against the new ball and at the same time, won't bat too low.

WarWolf
Pretty surprised to see that they decided to shield Mominul and Anamul on the batting side but not shield Sohag and Abul on the bowling side? Of course the Sohag selection makes much more sense because he brings variation but Abul's selection is a surprising one.

Anyways now thinking about who will end up grabbing the spots. I think we'll either see Nazim at opener and SN at #3 or SN at opener and Junaid at #3. My gut feeling says that we'll end up going with the latter.

Another big question is who will play at #8? We saw that Nasir will most likely bat there but now with Sohag in there, will we end up seeing him instead at that spot? At the #8 spot, I would rather have Sohag since he can bat a bit and is the better bowler. If we want to use Nasir then either have him bat in the top 7 or don't play him at all. No point of wasting him at #8. I see Elias being a lock in the team.

As for the pacers, we'll most likely go with Shahadat and Rubel.

Congrats to whoever made it and best of luck to all of them. Hope they all perform well.

SN is a better player of spin than pace. He lacks feet movement against top quality pace bowling. He is probably one of the best players of spin in the team. If they want to play him then he should come at no 4 or no 5.

Nasir is in his early days. But that boy is a gem. He likes to take challenge. If I have to chose whom to play then I would go for Nasir instead of Riyad.

boka
[বাংলা]এফসি তে যার ব্যাটিং গড় ৩০ এর নীচে হে আবার কিসের ব্যাটার যে প্রথম তিনে খেলবো
আমগো ব্যটারের যে কি আকাল এই-টা জুনায়েদকে দলে নেওয়া খেইক্কাই বুঝা যায়

আর ভুল কইরা টেস্টে যারে খেলানোর কথা তারে ওডিআইতে খেলাইয়া দর্শকগো গাইলমন্দের মধ্যে ফেইল্লা তারে দলে নিয়াও না খেলানোর কোনো মানে নাই...

তামিম -নাজিম ওপেন করুক
যেহেতু বিজয়রে নেয় নাই শাহরিয়ারই তিনে খেলুক

ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ যদি তাদের স্বর্ন যুগে চার জন ডান হাতি পেসার নিয়া দুনিয়া কাপাইতে পারে
আমরা কেন তিন জন বাহাতি স্পিনার নিয়া দুনিয়া কাপাইতে পারুম না
কেন বৈচিত্রের কথা কইয়া অফস্পিনার নিতে হইবো ?
কেনই বা দুই পেসার খেলাইতো হইবো ?

কইতে পারেন কেউ ???

নিজেদের শক্তির উপর আস্হা না থাকলে কি চলে

যাইহোক সবাই ভালো খেলুক
টেস্ট দুই-টা হাড্ডাহাড্ডি লড়াই করি
ওডিআইতে কাপাই দেই
আর টি২০ তো আমাগোই.....

[/বাংলা]

Tiger444
November 8, 2012, 08:54 AM
SN is a better player of spin than pace. He lacks feet movement against top quality pace bowling. He is probably one of the best player of spin in the team. If they want to play him then he should come at no 4 or no 5.

Nasir is in his early days. But that boy is a gem. He likes to take challenge. If I have to chose whom to play then I would go for Nasir instead of Riyad.

Agreed 100%. Nasir should get the nod ahead of Riyad. Riyad might have a good average for our standards but don't forget he hasn't scored a 50 in his last 10 innings in Tests. Plus what did he do in the NCL? He doesn't deserve to be in XI but feel he'll be selected anyways.

Isnaad
November 8, 2012, 08:59 AM
I guess I am among the very few who are content with this 14-man squad. That is totally fine. Cannot deny that Abul's selection was simply atrocious but he won't be making it into the XI, so that's fine.
Except Shahriar Nafees, the rest of the squad have either performed or were inevitable choices. In other words, the XI from this 14-man squad will be very close to the best we can come up with if not the best.

Tiger444
November 8, 2012, 09:03 AM
I guess I am among the very few who are content with this 14-man squad. That is totally fine. Cannot deny that Abul's selection was simply atrocious but he won't be making it into the XI, so that's fine.
Except Shahriar Nafees, the rest of the squad have either performed or were inevitable choices. In other words, the XI from this 14-man squad will be very close to the best we can come up with if not the best.

Probably those people wanted Mominul and Anamul, that's why.

Like I've always said before, there will always be a few that we thought that should've been there but in the end, if the core of the squad is in which is the case here, then I believe the selectors did their job.

Nadim
November 8, 2012, 09:10 AM
[বাংলা]ওয়ানডে এবং টি-টোয়েন্টির পর টেস্টে আবুল হাসানের অন্তর্ভুক্তির বিষয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচকের ব্যাখ্যা, ‘আমরা যেহেতু স্পিনে নির্ভর করি। অধিকাংশ সময় স্পিনারদের দিয়ে বল করানো হয়। কোচের সঙ্গে আলাপ করে আমরা সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি, যে জোরে বল করে তাকে আমরা খেলাব। সে জন্য তাকে নেওয়া হয়েছে।’[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]কাঁধের অস্ত্রপচার শেষে সুস্থ হয়ে প্রায় ছয় মাস পর জাতীয় দলে ফিরলেন পেসার রুবেল হোসেন। ফিল্ডিংয়ে এখনও কিছুটা অসুবিধা থাকলেও দারুণ বল করছেন তিনি
[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=1780a4b52fc37a1e31763cd61e0f0 06b&nttl=20121108063230150061

So Shane Jagurson is behind Abul's inclusion??? Now, he is playing the first test :fire:

WarWolf
November 8, 2012, 09:15 AM
[বাংলা]ওয়ানডে এবং টি-টোয়েন্টির পর টেস্টে আবুল হাসানের অন্তর্ভুক্তির বিষয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচকের ব্যাখ্যা, ‘আমরা যেহেতু স্পিনে নির্ভর করি। অধিকাংশ সময় স্পিনারদের দিয়ে বল করানো হয়। কোচের সঙ্গে আলাপ করে আমরা সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছি, যে জোরে বল করে তাকে আমরা খেলাব। সে জন্য তাকে নেওয়া হয়েছে।’[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]কাঁধের অস্ত্রপচার শেষে সুস্থ হয়ে প্রায় ছয় মাস পর জাতীয় দলে ফিরলেন পেসার রুবেল হোসেন। ফিল্ডিংয়ে এখনও কিছুটা অসুবিধা থাকলেও দারুণ বল করছেন তিনি
[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=1780a4b52fc37a1e31763cd61e0f0 06b&nttl=20121108063230150061

So Shane Jagurson is behind Abul's inclusion??? Now, he is playing the first test :fire:
Allah save us. I sense a few records to set against us. Shahadat and Abul bowling together would be a treat to watch.

Shane je crap ta age thekei bujhtam. Ekhon ta prove holo.

I would be more than happy to eat my own words if Abul, Shane and Akram co can prove me wrong. But I don't see how. Someone who is not able to take wickets in less competitive NCL wont be able to take international wickets.

MarufH
November 8, 2012, 09:24 AM
Mushfiqur Rahim (Captain), Mahmudullah (Vice Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Zunaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazim Uddin, Nasir Hossain, Mohammed Elias, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Shohag Gazi.

I'm frustrated. What more can Enamul Jr. do to get a call up? At least of Mominul or Anamul should've been in the team. At least to warm the bench. anyways... here is my best 11 from this squad.

1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. Junaid
4. Naeem
5. Mahmudullah
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Nasir
9. Shohag
10. Sunny
11. Shahadat

Yes, I am aware that I picked only one pacer but I rather see 3 good spinners, 2/3 part timers than abul/shahdat combo.

BANFAN
November 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
Yh gd XI. Would PRobably chose the sme.

Riyad is there already;at 6;)

Thanks... I think I forgot his proper name...:)

Nadim
November 8, 2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks... I think I forgot his proper name...:)
Fans bound to forget players name if they dont perform for long. Can't blame u:)

boka
November 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
i'm frustrated. What more can enamul jr. Do to get a call up? At least of mominul or anamul should've been in the team. At least to warm the bench. Anyways... Here is my best 11 from this squad.

1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. Junaid
4. Naeem
5. Mahmudullah
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Nasir
9. Shohag
10. Sunny
11. Shahadat

yes, i am aware that i picked only one pacer but i rather see 3 good spinners, 2/3 part timers than abul/shahdat combo.

দল-টা ভালোই হইছে
খালি জুনায়েদের জায়গায় শাহরিয়ার হইলে ভালো হয়
তয় এক পেসারের দলই হওয়া দরকার

Rifat
November 8, 2012, 09:51 AM
No Nazmul, No Enamul Haque Jr. otherwise an ok squad, can't say I am happy with this squad.

1) Tamim
2) Nazim
3) Naeem Islam
4) Shakib al Hasan
5) Mahmudullah Riyad
6) Mushfiqur Rahim
7) Nasir Hossain
8) Shohag Gazi
9) Elias Sunny
10) Rubel Hossain
11) Shahadat Hossain*

*Wish Nazmul Hossain/Enamul Haque Jr. was there*

pitch Recommendation: not a batting paradise nor a minefield, opt for something in between that offers something for the spinners, something for the batsmen. a Dry Turning wicket will do!

M.H.Rubel
November 8, 2012, 10:01 AM
2/3 days ago in Prothom Alo Akram Khan said that we are planning to play with 8 batsman.I do agree with him. I will also go with 8 batsman. So I want to go with this team:
1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. SN
4. Naeem
5.Mushy
6. Shakib
7. Nasir
8. Riyad
9. Sunny/Shohag if too many left handed batsman
10. Shahadat
11. Rubel

Rifat
November 8, 2012, 10:04 AM
No Nazmul, No Enamul Haque Jr. otherwise an ok squad, can't say I am happy with this squad.

1) Tamim
2) Nazim
3) Naeem Islam
4) Shakib al Hasan
5) Mahmudullah Riyad
6) Mushfiqur Rahim
7) Nasir Hossain
8) Shohag Gazi
9) Elias Sunny
10) Rubel Hossain
11) Shahadat Hossain*

*Wish Nazmul Hossain/Enamul Haque Jr. was there*

pitch Recommendation: not a batting paradise nor a minefield, opt for something in between that offers something for the spinners, something for the batsmen. a Dry Turning wicket will do!

an alternative:

1) Tamim
2) Nazim
3) Zunaid Siddique(has a decent test record by our standards....)
4) Naeem Islam
5) Shakib al Hasan
6) Nasir Hossain
7) Mushfiqur Rahim(wk) (c)
8) Mahmudullah Riyad
9) Shohag Gazi
10) Elias Sunny
11) Rubel Hossain

we do not have that many pace options anyways.....

Ajfar
November 8, 2012, 10:31 AM
Abul er kono connection ase naki??

Tiger Manc
November 8, 2012, 11:01 AM
My team:

1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. Shahriar
4. Naeem
5. Nasir
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Mahmudullah
9. Elias
10. Shahadat
11. Rubel

Naimul_Hd
November 8, 2012, 11:03 AM
I am gonna boycott this Test match if both Nazim & Abul get selected in XI !!

Enough is enough. Akram's love for Nazim & Abul is beyond Layla+Maznu love story !

MarufH
November 8, 2012, 11:29 AM
দল-টা ভালোই হইছে
খালি জুনায়েদের জায়গায় শাহরিয়ার হইলে ভালো হয়
তয় এক পেসারের দলই হওয়া দরকার

Thank you. Shomosha hoilo Nafees out of form ar Junaid er form valo ei muhurte.

boka
November 8, 2012, 11:56 AM
thank you. Shomosha hoilo nafees out of form ar junaid er form valo ei muhurte.

[বাংলা]এই-টাই সমস্যা একটা ঝরেবগে ইনিংস খেল্লো তো আমরা কান্নাকাইট্টা শেষ
আরি ৩০ এর নীচে যার ৫৫+ এফসি খেলার পর গড় সে আবার ব্যটার কিসের

বুঝি না এই খেলোয়াড় কিসের জোরে এত্তোগুলি টেস্ট খেইলা ফেল্লো....
[/বাংলা]

mufi_02
November 8, 2012, 12:03 PM
Nazim, Junaid Siddique, Shahriar Nafees are all khocakhoci players with minimal footwork and will definitely edge to keeper/slips.

Dilscoop
November 8, 2012, 12:21 PM
Wow. This is probably the worst and weakest squad ever announced in this era.

Such a weak bowling line up followed by bunch of out of touch batsmen

RazabQ
November 8, 2012, 12:58 PM
Those fretting why Sohag Gazi over Enam, here's the equation:

Windies Batting order: 1) Gayle 2) Powell 3) Kirk/Fudadin 4) Samuel 5) Shiv 6) Bravo/Deonarine 7) Ramdin 8) Sammy 9) Narine 10) Ravi 11) Fidel

That's 6-7 left handed batsman. If you have an attacking offie who's in good nick, why wouldn't you pick him since Riyadh's darts have worked against these guys?

It was prolly a straight-forward shoot out between Enam and Sunny for the 2nd SLA and Sunny as the Test-SLA in residence hasn't really done anything to lose it has he?

Pity we aren't taking a punt on Anamul.

RazabQ
November 8, 2012, 12:59 PM
In fact if they play the squad that played against NZ, all but Samuels in their top 6 is a lefty!

Equinox
November 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
Allah save us. I sense a few records to set against us. Shahadat and Abul bowling together would be a treat to watch.

Shane je crap ta age thekei bujhtam. Ekhon ta prove holo.

I would be more than happy to eat my own words if Abul, Shane and Akram co can prove me wrong. But I don't see how. Someone who is not able to take wickets in less competitive NCL wont be able to take international wickets.
Wonder why that doesn't apply in Rubel's case...

RazabQ
November 8, 2012, 01:03 PM
Yup the bdnews quotes Akram about the glut of left-handed batters in Windies line up as one reason for Shohag. I say we play him and drop Sunny. Rubel, Rajib, Shakib, Shohag backed by Riyadh, Nasir or Naeem - that's not too bad.

kalpurush
November 8, 2012, 01:30 PM
wow horrible selection. abul? plus nazim, SN and junaid?
Well, selectors played it safe as usual. I am not happy but so upset either.

Though, all three deserves another chance according to their last test performances. If they fail, Anamul and Mominul should be given a chance.

And Enam should be in the 2nd test if Sunny or Gazi fails to perform.

kalpurush
November 8, 2012, 01:37 PM

Windies Batting order: 1) Gayle 2) Powell 3) Kirk/Fudadin 4) Samuel 5) Shiv 6) Bravo/Deonarine 7) Ramdin 8) Sammy 9) Narine 10) Ravi 11) Fidel

That's 6-7 left handed batsman. If you have an attacking offie who's in good nick, why wouldn't you pick him since Riyadh's darts have worked against these guys?

It was prolly a straight-forward shoot out between Enam and Sunny for the 2nd SLA and Sunny as the Test-SLA in residence hasn't really done anything to lose it has he?

Agree with you Razab bhai. Only if the selectors could include Anam/Momin in place of Nafees/Nazim.

Then again, Nafees and Nazim deserves another chance IMHO.

Well, not my team, but I will take it as it is for the first test. Lets wish for the best :)

MarufH
November 8, 2012, 01:48 PM

Excellent observation, sir! Now it all make sense. Thanks. :up:

reyme
November 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
First criteria to become a selector for the national team should be to have common sense. I know Haba doesn't have it, but looks like Nannu is also there just to draw salary and Akram calls all the shots.

The game is being played in BD. So the batsmen who cant even hold the bat here (Nafees/Nazim), how can they survive against the likes of WI pacers. These 2 wont even reach double digits.

And what a theory about picking pacers who can bowl fast! This is not Aussie or NZ pitch where pacers will do wonders by bowling fast! They will infact be hammerd all over. Thats why in the NCL, Abul and Rubel remained very ordinary. Key in Test cricket is all about taking wickets, these pacers will bowl 5-6 overs, will get hammered and then they will be done, worst of all they wont contribute with bat either.

Mominul, Anamul, Soumya might be young but they are match winners unlike Nafees/Nazim.
Enam was critically needed as the third spinner, since Shakib is off form.

Shane is no head coach material and to back him we some common sense lacking selectors. And Mushy? I will be happy if he can hold on to come catches. The less we talk about his captaincy is better.

Was really looking forward to this series, but Akram, Shane just ruined it.

reyme
November 8, 2012, 01:59 PM
Thats why I was all excited to have McInnes for the head coaching position. We would be so much better off. With Shane being the coach, Akram can call all his stupid shots. He is such a useless selector, says they could not select new comers due to missed practice game! Are you serious? You need to wait till 2 days before to select players? What have you done all year long? Why did not you play all the players in the radar against West Indies High performance Team? It clearly shows, these selectors dont do anything...and they have no clue whom to pick and why to pick. When you pick someone based on one year old performance and someone who is totally out of form, instead of someone who are in peak form and bursting with confidence like Enamul, Mominul, you know these selectors simply lack common sense.

oronnya
November 8, 2012, 02:56 PM
Ok my prediction

1.Tamim might just get a 50 or get out at the 1st over
2. Nazim might surprise us by playing a 200 ball 50
3. SN will be his usual self and gift his wicket away
4. Naeem might hang in there for long and score a 100 :)
5. I doubt Shakib will cross 20 and might only get 2 wickets by giving away too many runs
6. Mushy to start a very good innings only to give it away at the wrong time
7. Nasir will blast with a 50
8. Sunny getting yet another 5 wicket haul
9. Gazi is the surprise package here so he might surprise us by either playing too good or too bad
10. SRK might injure Gayle with his extraordinary bouncer (oh God save Gayle)
11. Abul will just be an Abul

AsifTheManRahman
November 8, 2012, 03:10 PM
I don't get why people hate on Nazim so much here. I mean, sure he's a very limited player and sure he'll likely fail 8 times out of 10, but at least on his comeback Test, he lasted 250+ balls and made 100+ runs at a 50+ average. At least hate on him when he does fail (which will very likely happen), but why before? There are plenty of other players you can go hate on in the meantime.

Tiger444
November 8, 2012, 03:35 PM
I don't get why people hate on Nazim so much here. I mean, sure he's a very limited player and sure he'll likely fail 8 times out of 10, but at least on his comeback Test, he lasted 250+ balls and made 100+ runs at a 50+ average. At least hate on him when he does fail (which will very likely happen), but why before? There are plenty of other players you can go hate on in the meantime.

I don't hate Nazim. As a matter of fact, I like all our players. Sure I might be against their inclusion in to the national team but once they're on the field, they'll have my full 100% support.

That being said, I just have a lot of doubts that he won't cut it at the international level. Yes he did well against Pakistan in Chittagong but look at how much he was exposed in the 2008 and 2012 Asia Cups. That's my main worry of him. With the minimal footwork he has, he could've only got away with it if he had great hand-eye coordination which I believe he doesn't. To be successful in international cricket, you need to make up your shortcomings and limitations with something else but I don't see how Nazim can do that. Shakib and Tamim get away with minimal footwork but look at their hand-eye coordination compared to Nazim. Of course Tamim and Shakib are great talents but you know what I'm trying to say.

I really hope I'm wrong because I do want him to be successful.

AsifTheManRahman
November 8, 2012, 03:40 PM
Oh I'm sure he'll have an ordinary end to his career, but at least let him get there first before criticizing him. The 2012 Asia Cup is a bad example, as he shouldn't have been picked based on his Test/FC performances.

AsifTheManRahman
November 8, 2012, 03:44 PM
But yes, at the end of the day, each member of the team, coaches and staff included, as well as everyone in the BCB, should have his actions scrutinized to death and bashed left and right, criticized to no end until we win the World Cup. That I can agree with you on. So back to Nazza! bashing.

meazz1
November 8, 2012, 03:48 PM
Ok my prediction

It's like the weather man saying, " 50/50 chance of rain or no rain".

simon
November 8, 2012, 03:53 PM
Ok my prediction

5. I doubt Shakib will cross 20 and might only get 2 wickets by giving away too many runs
9. Gazi is the surprise package here so he might surprise us by either playing too good or too bad

hehe,u always do that,anti jinx Sakib, let me jinx it then ;) SAkib will be the top scorer for BD.
I think Tamim & SAkib will be our top scorer, Nasir and Mushy specially NAsir will be pretty good.
But I hope (as we all do), they will all do well. :)

oronnya
November 8, 2012, 04:21 PM
hehe,u always do that,anti jinx Sakib, let me jinx it then ;) SAkib will be the top scorer for BD.
I think Tamim & SAkib will be our top scorer, Nasir and Mushy specially NAsir will be pretty good.

na na eibar antijinx minx kichhu korinai.. Shakib er form niye ami asholei chintito :( ..or bowling je etto baaje hoise idaning :waiting:.. test batting o to onekkk din korenai.. r Tamim jehetu super form e chhilo r or upor expectation etto beshi soo or fail korar chance o beshi as he gets nervous pretty easily.. But I would really love to some other names to shine :)

AsifTheManRahman
November 8, 2012, 04:23 PM
Not too worried about Shakib, he always delivers in international matches.

Tiger444
November 8, 2012, 04:43 PM
Have people still not learned the fact that Shakib performs poorly in domestics but performs in international matches? And no this isn't something new, he's always been like that. So not to worry, he'll be a beast as usual once it comes to the real matches. Same as Nasir

dark mage
November 9, 2012, 12:06 AM
I agree that his international batting probably would still be good. However I really do believe his bowling performances leave much to be desired recently. It doesn't matter whether it's national or international. It's like the man himself has given up on improving his bowling. He bowls a lot flatter, doesn't vary the flight and spins it a lot less. So yes I am concerned.

cricbook
November 9, 2012, 12:44 AM
How is Abul getting through again? :umm:

Most likely XI:
Tamim
Nazim
Junaid
Naeem
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Nasir
Sunny
Shahadat
Rubel

Sad to see no Anamul/Mominul. I'd take a risk by dropping Nazim and debuting Shohag.

Sohag gazi will play no matter what.....so cut one from the top.....i guess it will be naeem or nazim.

Razi
November 9, 2012, 04:30 AM
The inclusion of Nazza! and Zunaed baffles me big time after seeing their scores in the last ten innings.

Nazza!'s last ten innings: 2, 33, 28*, 16, 6, 5, 30, 13, 1, 26
Zunaed's last ten innings: 181 19, 4, ,5, 0, 25, 12*, 10, 5, 11.

If you exclude that once in a blue moon performance from Zunaed then both their form has been utterly abysmal and you just can't take players for top order in this kind of form only based on so called experience, at least one of Anamul or Mominul would have been okay!

Isnaad
November 9, 2012, 06:24 AM
You know what? Amader player ra jodi ekhaaner post #1 theke post #107 porjonto porto, tahole match er shomoy shobgulor paa kapakapi shuru hoye jeto.

Razi
November 9, 2012, 07:51 AM
^^ Why not post #108? It will surely give them the idea! :-p

Isnaad
November 9, 2012, 07:54 AM
^^ Then #1 to #109 ;)

RazabQ
November 9, 2012, 01:12 PM
Don't underestimate Junaid's cussedness. Of the top order he's the one most likely to battle and battle and drive you nuts. And he's strong enough to whack the bad balls so that even mishits gets runs

Tiger444
November 9, 2012, 01:46 PM
Don't underestimate Junaid's cussedness. Of the top order he's the one most likely to battle and battle and drive you nuts. And he's strong enough to whack the bad balls so that even mishits gets runs

Agreed. I remember during his century against England, Swann cussed him out once he got out and Finn also got in his face. Despite his limitations in his technique, he's got a lot of fight in him and doesn't give his wicket away freely. SN also showed the same quality against Pakistan last year. At times however, they give tame dismissals which I don't want to see.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

cricket_pagol
November 9, 2012, 02:02 PM
has SN done anything in the last six months to warrant selection? I don't remember him scoring any significant runs...

kalpurush
November 9, 2012, 02:08 PM
The inclusion of Nazza! and Zunaed baffles me big time after seeing their scores in the last ten innings.

at least one of Anamul or Mominul would have been okay!
Ha! Ha!! ^^^ shows our selectors have no clue how to chose a squad!!!

deshimon
November 9, 2012, 02:10 PM
Both of Junaid and SN aren't permanent solution for our top order. We have to find some new like Anamul, Mominul etc. who may do better in those position. I have never seen some thing good in the performance of Nazimuddin. He only played a good innings in his debut in T20 against Pakistan at Nairobi in 2007

Nadim
November 9, 2012, 03:26 PM
Those who thinks its early for Anam and Mominul, then just look ar SL's odi and test squad vs NZ. Two 19yrs old guy got picked in the 15 man squad and yet to play a FC or List A game. Don't tell me SL r desprare than us. They have strong spin pipeline, yet went for 2 spinners who yet to make debut in domestic comps

Kohli_Sox
November 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
Those who thinks its early for Anam and Mominul, then just look ar SL's odi and test squad vs NZ. Two 19yrs old guy got picked in the 15 man squad and yet to play a FC or List A game. Don't tell me SL r desprare than us. They have strong spin pipeline, yet went for 2 spinners who yet to make debut in domestic comps

I agree; esp Anamul should be already in the final squad

Gowza
November 9, 2012, 05:02 PM
I agree; esp Anamul should be already in the final squad

i think both should because they have the talent, temperament and the desire to win matches and play big innings but anamul definitely shows an ability to play big match winning innings as he's done it a number of times late in the NCL competition and in the last round pulled out an unexpected match winning innings with the pressure of rain and rain delays and being after tea on the last day.

BengaliPagol
November 9, 2012, 06:07 PM

Shahriar's last ten innings: 10, 60, 4, 69, 0, 9, 14, 32, 22, 85*

This is why i wanted Nafees to opening the batting with Tamim and Mominul to go at #3. Except for that 181 that Junaid made he is in woeful form. And Nazim isnt much better. Nafees might not be in fantastic form but he is showing some kind of consistency. And Nafees's recent scores suggest that he is in much better form than Junaid and Nazza.

Tamim, Nafees and Mominul should have been the top order for Bangladesh. A mix of youth and experience which i like.

BengaliPagol
November 9, 2012, 06:10 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

But Sri Lanka have good experienced players such as Sanga, Dlishan, Mahela, Malinga, Nuwan, Herath and Mendis that they can afford to put in really young players in the team.

Bangladesh's ONLY performers are Tamim and Shakib.

Sohel
November 9, 2012, 11:49 PM

Nazza!'s inclusion is totally justified and then some. How could you have forgotten his Bradman like almost test hundred against mighty Pakistan in the most bowler friendly conditions ever? Conspiracy and failure of his trigger happy denied him an easy-peasy 300.

The recent low scores reflect two things and two things only:

1) Conspiratorial bad luck brought upon by enemies of Bangladesh cricket.

2) Nazza!'s generosity. He donated most of his runs to lesser players, most notably kothakar kon Tamim Iqbal, to make them look good.

I feel sorry for Windies bowlers for the way they're about to be humiliated by one of the finest test batsmen ever.

BANFAN
November 10, 2012, 03:50 AM

Are you doing it for the entire team...?? :)

deshimon
November 10, 2012, 04:46 AM
I worry about Mullah's form. He has been selected because of vice captaincy. Otherwise his form doesn't support him selected.

mij
November 10, 2012, 05:11 AM
Its seems like our selector already give up even before our players, our selector think we can't win the test matches so have experience player just to see if they can hang around and take the match to 3rd or 4th day, otherwise why would you select players not in form.

BANFAN
November 10, 2012, 05:35 AM
Which inform player you think has been left out??

mij
November 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
Question should be which out of form players are in.

BANFAN
November 10, 2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks, you have answered me already...:)

silversurf
November 11, 2012, 05:35 AM
Where is the unique test combination : 5 batsman, 3 bowlers, 2 all rounders, 1 wktkeeper ??
Still BD team could not manage that combination. All mini allrounders, who can bat a bit, bowl a bit. damn. This type of team can do something someday in Oneday or T-20, not in test. I have a unique feeling that the first test will ended within 04 days with a test defeat, mushy will blame for being long time out of test cricket arena or playing.

silversurf
November 11, 2012, 05:54 AM
in the first 14 team for the 1st test, how many batsman we have ? how many pacer's ? how many spinners? how many all rounders ?
after that, how many genuine opener's ? how many middle order batsman ? how many variation in bowling ?
anybody can calculate ? will it bring any satisfactory result ? I don't think so. We just went with the names, never considered the team combo.

mij
November 11, 2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks, you have answered me already...:)

Stop being Cheeky.

deshimon
November 11, 2012, 07:25 AM
in the first 14 team for the 1st test, how many batsman we have ? how many pacer's ? how many spinners? how many all rounders ?
after that, how many genuine opener's ? how many middle order batsman ? how many variation in bowling ?
anybody can calculate ? will it bring any satisfactory result ? I don't think so. We just went with the names, never considered the team combo.

:up::up: Those are the million dollars questions.

oronnya
November 14, 2012, 06:03 AM
Ok my prediction

So far things have been going according to my prediction (Only if Nazim was there in the playing XI)... But I really want my prediction to go wrong for Shakib and would love to see at least two 100s from the rest of the batting... Allah help us please..

oronnya
November 15, 2012, 03:15 AM
Ok my prediction

Ahhh I can get into jyotish business now :D

Zunaid
November 15, 2012, 03:20 AM

Where's Sunny, Abul and Nazim? Some jyotish.

Nadim
November 15, 2012, 03:29 AM

You said "might"...not he will so doesn't count:)

oronnya
November 15, 2012, 03:32 AM
Where's Sunny, Abul and Nazim? Some jyotish.

Oh you don't have to be 100% correct on all the predictions even if you have some vague predictions right you are successful in juotishi business in BD.. no? :D

oronnya
November 15, 2012, 03:33 AM
Ohhh you all are just jealous to see me being a successful jyotishi and making some quick money soon E-)

Nadim
November 15, 2012, 03:37 AM
Ohhh you all are just jealous to see me being a successful jyotishi and making some quick money soon E-)

Apni na bolchilen shakib batting e dabba marbe..koi?:-p

al Furqaan
November 15, 2012, 03:43 AM
Mushy really has to get a 100 here...we should just bat...no result in this match, set some records.

al Furqaan
November 15, 2012, 03:56 AM
Good knock...and Nasir gets promoted. Good move.

Razi
November 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
Same squad for 2nd Test
The Daily Star, November 17, 2012 (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=257783)

The national selectors have retained the same squad for the second Test against West Indies which will begin from November 21 at the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna.

“There is no point in bringing any changes in the team. And what I always tell you is that our selection panel is in favour of continuity,” said chief selector Akram Khan yesterday.

“I'm really happy the way team has been playing in the first match. The team is playing as a unit. Many have been talking about our batting in the first Test but I think the bowlers are also doing an excellent job on a placid track. I especially want to thank Rubel Hossain who so far bowled brilliantly after recovering from injury,” he added.

The second Test between Bangladesh and West Indies will see the Khulna venue debut as the country's seventh Test venue.

SQUAD
Mushfiqur Rahim (captain), Mahmudullah Riyad (vice-captain), Tamim Iqbal, Junaed Siddiqui, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Naeem Islam, Nazimuddin, Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan and Shohag Gazi.

So no Haques (Anamul, Mominul or Enamul Jnr) yet again!

WarWolf
November 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
Idiots!

BANFAN
November 16, 2012, 02:05 PM
So no Haques (Anamul, Mominul or Enamul Jnr) yet again!

This was supposed to happen after this performance. And there are three other guys sitting in the bench, if they have to change anyone they can do it within these 14. Well, I find some sense from the selectors, backing their own selection after a fabulous performance is sensible.

kalpurush
November 16, 2012, 02:19 PM
This was supposed to happen after this performance. And there are three other guys sitting in the bench, if they have to change anyone they can do it within these 14. Well, I find some sense from the selectors, backing their own selection after a fabulous performance is sensible.
If Zunaid fails to deliver again tomorrow, he must be replaced along with Shahadat with Anamul and Nazmul/Sunny/Enmul.

I wish all the best to Zunaid and Shahadat though. A win can ensure their place in the national team for now IMHO.

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2012, 03:08 PM
If I must find a positive, SN and Zunaed might take some heart from this and perform in the second inning. Not sure if they are smart enough to take advantage though.

Tiger Manc
November 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
Disappointed to see no Nazmul.

Dilscoop
November 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah. Why do they keep doing this BS with Nazmul? Didnt he pick up a wicket wig his first ball on his comeback test?

Zeeshan
November 16, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah. Why do they keep doing this BS with Nazmul? Didnt he pick up a wicket wig his first ball on his comeback test?

That's not...thank heavens...how selection works. What works is pragmatism. What IS working not what might have or what might had.

CURRENTLY, as much mess of a bowlers these 2 stooges may be, they are performing in a team that as a whole is performing. I know back to winning combo hex again. Sue me.

BANFAN
November 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
If Zunaid fails to deliver again tomorrow, he must be replaced along with Shahadat with Anamul and Nazmul/Sunny/Enmul.

I wish all the best to Zunaid and Shahadat though. A win can ensure their place in the national team for now IMHO.

I have no complain with Shahadat in test. He has been doing very good in second innings. He can create chances from nowhere. He even gave a breakthrough with partly bad bowling in first innings. It can happen, when we are playing test after a long time. Rajib and Rubel is set in my opinion. Nazmul can come as a third pacer when needed, but we definitely need two genuine pacer, pace is important. If they play regularly only then they master the art of it. Plus, We will never grow pacers if we don't back pace. If we play safe with slow medium pace, we will only encourage that & get that coming through the pipeline, like SLAs. Well, we should also prepare Taskin, Abul or anyone having pace and use them in different formats as their suitablity.

For Junaid,I'm not sure if he has the ability. Apparently looks he can become a good aggressive player, he has done it before, but like Ash, he also has severe consistency problem. He needs an uninterrupted time in the team to feel comfortable and play without pressure, but I'm not sure if that will bring out the best in him. Thats what the sellectors have just assured him. May be we can decide after this WI test series. He has 4 innings to showcase.

I think the bowling side is a bit imbalanced. We definitely need one genuine spinner in the playing 11 - Sunny/Enamul, in place of a batsman. Excluding Shakib, we need 4 main bowlers in test matches. That will also allow Nayeem, Riyad, Nasir to concentrate more on batting. These kinds of bowlers can only be used as fillers or on emergencies, they can't take wickets nor can they check runs effectively. Gradually Bring in Anamul and take of probably Mullah for ODIs only, since he can be used as an all rounder there. A test team doesn't need too many all rounders, it's a format primarily for specialists and high quality all rounders like Shak.

Nadim
November 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
Zunaid will flop anyway! Naziumddin will replace him...its a cycle:sick:

al Furqaan
November 16, 2012, 04:30 PM
They should have waited till the match ended at least. But lets see if Rubel and Rajib can build on their momentum in Khulna.

mali007
November 16, 2012, 04:33 PM
I hope coach and captain will replace JS with Ilias Sunny . Khulna pitch will favor the spinners .