PDA

View Full Version : Enamul Haque JR Thread

BengalT
November 18, 2012, 09:49 AM
Beauty to Micheal Clarke 1st Test 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2tdQP9U9Q

Recent performance in domestic cricket:
6/61, 7/54, 5/57, 6/98, 5/101, 1/65, 3/27, 2/9, 2/30, 1/40, 7/45, 3/73, 6/119, 1/85.

Surely this guy deserves a comeback? , Seems like sylhet has a good bowling attack.

(Nazmul Hossain, Abul Hasan, Enamul Haque, Abu Jayed, Nabil Samed)

Maysun
November 18, 2012, 09:53 AM
Maybe next tour. Sunny is already preferred over him atm.

Nadim
November 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
He is just unlucky! we can't have 5 spinners in the team.

Gazi's presence will make it even harder for him to get in the team ahead of Sunny.

Dilscoop
November 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
Bowler version of SN. A Zimbabwe killer.

al Furqaan
November 18, 2012, 06:33 PM
I think Gazi has a real chance to be another all rounder. His batting technique seems to be pretty tight and he plays spin with ease, uses his feel exceptionally well, has a compact defensive stroke. Just a little fine tuning and he could be a guy who can average 25 with the bat. If he is an all-rounder, depending on performance he might replace Riyad, opening up another slot for an extra bowler.

Ajfar
November 18, 2012, 06:37 PM

Not exactly. SN hasn't been performing in Domestic leagues at all, while Enam Jr. has been doing it consistently for a while in domestic leagues as well as A team tour.

jeesh
November 18, 2012, 11:41 PM
7 wicket haul for Enamul. He and Razzak have been devastating this season. Pity none of them are featuring in our team.

Sohel
November 18, 2012, 11:46 PM
He has been out of favor for about three years now. So no matter how well he does wherever he plays, he played well in an English league also BTW, he won't be picked. Team combination would be used as an excuse to keep him out. These types of things are a fact of life in Bangladesh.

For what it's worth, he is one of only half a dozen bowlers local batsmen, including the usual NCL heroes, consider him threatening.

Murad
November 19, 2012, 12:44 AM

Really?
He took 6 wickets in his last game for national team against West Indies in West Indies in 2009.

He was superb against Australia in 2006.

Murad
November 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
Enam takes his 13th against Barisal. 7 wkts in first innings and 6 in 2nd.

deshimon
November 19, 2012, 02:30 AM
He is unlucky because there is a hard competition entering in the national team as a left hand spinner. We have a decent amount of left hander and the position where we are fulfilled.

jeesh
November 19, 2012, 03:17 AM
At a time when there is shortage of spinners in world cricket, wonder how we can leave someone like Enamul out.

BengalT
November 19, 2012, 04:22 AM
has any taken 5 consecutive 5fiers @ domestic level or what is the record for it?

Tiger Manc
November 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
Great catch. I would've thought that's a record.

roman
November 19, 2012, 11:13 AM
Another step son of Bangladesh cricket.

HereWeGo
November 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
5 consecutive 5 fers... That is impressive even in galir cricket....

mali007
November 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
May be Sylhet is not part of Bangladesh !! Both Nazmul & Enamul from Sylhet and are STEP SONS .

HereWeGo
November 19, 2012, 11:21 AM
May be Sylhet is not part of Bangladesh !! Both Nazmul & Enamul from Sylhet and are STEP SONS .

This is how communal riot starts.... kidding btw :P

No one has anything against Sylhet beside the dialect at times...

deshimon
November 19, 2012, 04:04 PM

This is not the question of any part of the country. Enamul just has a bad luck. There are so many left hander in the country and some are performing regularly in the team. You can only blame when someone fails but give him chance. But all spinners in the team are doing well. How can we want a performer dropping to include Enamul. On the other hand Nazmul is a performer but it is true he doesn't have decent pace. When selectors find a strike bowler they have to choose someone who has enough pace.

So we should avoid this type of comments.

Tiger444
November 19, 2012, 04:46 PM

Umm then why has Abul been selected despite being from Sylhet. Could we stop with this bs please? It has nothing to do with them from being Sylhetis.

Crisis
November 19, 2012, 06:20 PM
And, what happened to Elias Sunny ? After taking 10 wickets, everyone has shleved him

Rifat
November 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
Umm then why has Abul been selected despite being from Sylhet. Could we stop with this bs please? It has nothing to do with them from being Sylhetis.

Thank you. and just like that because I support Players like Rajin Saleh, Kapali, Nazmul AND I happen to be "religious"(whatever that means) that also doesn't automatically mean I am from Sylhet ;)

Eshen
February 24, 2013, 01:28 PM
Congrats Enam, for fighting your way back to the national team! Hope to see you make it count!

“It feels really good to have made the team finally, after three years. I had to fight really hard this time and I hope I can make it count,” Enamul told The Daily Star. “Ever since my last Test in 2009, I have learnt to enjoy cricket, no matter where I played and now that I am in the squad, the rest is up to how I perform,”

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=270349

Eshen
February 24, 2013, 01:42 PM
[বাংলা]‘দলের কম্বিনেশনের কারনে আমাকে হয়তোবা জায়গা দিতে পারছিলেন না নির্বাচকরা। তবে মানসিকভাবে আমি তৈরি ছিলাম, যতদিন পর্যন্ত না জাতীয় দলে ফিরছি, ততোদিন হাল ছাড়বো না, এটাই ছিল ইচ্ছে। তবে দলে ফিরে কিন্তু শিহরিত নন এনামুল জুনিয়র-‘ দলে ফিরেছি বলে শিহরিত, এমন কিছু কিন্তু নয়। ভাল খেলতে পারলে তখনই খুশি হব।’

সাকিবের রিপ্লেসমেন্ট হিসেবে নির্বাচকরা বেছে নিয়েছেন তাকে, তাই সাকিবের বোলিংয়ের অভাব পুষিয়ে দেয়াই তার লক্ষ্য- ‘দেশের মাটিতে শ্রীলঙ্কা অনেক শক্তিশালী দল। তারওপর সাকিব নেই। সাকিব না থাকায় আমাদের দু’টো দিকেই ক্ষতি হয়ে গেল, তার ব্যাটিং সার্ভিস পাব না, বোলিং সার্ভিসও। এখন আমার কাজ একটাই, সাকিবের বোলিংয়ের দায়িত্বটা আমাকেই নিতে হবে।’

নিজের ফেরার চেয়েও সময়ের সেরা লংগার ভার্সনের ব্যাটসম্যান মার্শাল আইয়ুব টেস্ট দলে জায়গা না পাওয়ায় কস্ট হচ্ছে এনামুল জুনিয়রের-‘ খারাপ লাগছে মার্শালের জন্য। ছেলেটা গত দুই বছর ধরে খুবই ভালো ক্রিকেট খেলছে। খুব আশাও করেছিল এবার জাতীয় দলে খেলার জন্য। মার্শালের উচিত হবে মানসিকভাবে ভেঙে না পড়ে ধারাবাহিকভাবে রান করা। [/বাংলা]

http://184.172.176.28/~bbustbd/cp/details_news.php?id=93521&& page_id= 11

Tiger Manc
February 24, 2013, 02:42 PM
Well done Enamul. Know I want to see how Rubel and Sunny will fight for that sla spot.

Rabz
February 24, 2013, 03:27 PM
Really happy that he got selected.
He deserved it.

mij
February 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
Really happy that he got selected.
He deserved it.
:up::up::up:

Ajfar
February 24, 2013, 03:51 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WE2tdQP9U9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Walk down memory lane, for those of us that forgot. This delivery is still one of the best ever bowled by a BD bowler. I hope he performs in this series. I would love to see Enam, Shakib and Gazi as our spin trio for the long run.

Eshen
February 24, 2013, 04:04 PM
^^If I rember correctly, he actually reverse swung that delivery to Clarke ("I kept the chiney side inside") which was amazing considering the pace he bowls at.

Tiger444
February 24, 2013, 04:11 PM
He deserved the call up. He's been dominating the wickets charts in every tournament he's played. He has all the tools to be a successful bowler at this level. Should be a great test for him against the Lankans who play spin really well

Gowza
February 24, 2013, 05:55 PM
i know sunny was out of form but he's been pretty good in internationals so i'm disappointed that sunny has lost his spot, but if enamul can take advantage of this opportunity i would be very happy.

firstlane
February 24, 2013, 10:46 PM
As far as I remember Enam didn't do that well in away matches. Hopefully he is more equipped now to do well in abroad. Its very important that he does well in absence of Shakib coz I have a feeling that Gazi won't be as effective against SL as he was against WI.

BD_TigerZ
February 25, 2013, 12:52 AM
Walk down memory lane, for those of us that forgot. This delivery is still one of the best ever bowled by a BD bowler. I hope he performs in this series. I would love to see Enam, Shakib and Gazi as our spin trio for the long run.

:up::up::up::up:

Nadim
February 25, 2013, 06:57 AM
Enams avg with the bowl in SL is 70+ in 2 games. Hope he can bring it down to <40
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Saifulsohel
February 25, 2013, 07:59 AM
Enamul jr. is injured.He is uncertain.

dark mage
February 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
What?! When did Enam get injured?

RazabQ
February 25, 2013, 12:12 PM
Enam you #$Q$%%%!!!! Just when the door to the team opened you go out with injury. Obhaga je dike ...

RazabQ
February 25, 2013, 12:12 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/story/606425.html

shuziburo
February 25, 2013, 12:18 PM
This is really tough luck! I hope he recovers quickly and is selected for ZIM.

betaar
February 25, 2013, 12:23 PM
I think he's doomed. Him along with Nazmul are the two players who have the hardest time getting in the national team even after deserving their places. Now wait another 3 years son.....hard luck.

ialbd
February 25, 2013, 12:28 PM

ahh.... 'Aus 79/5 and trailing by 348 runs' was too distracting to focus on the actual video...

but haire Junior.... bad luck ta asholei 'kharap'...

SS
February 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
indeed bad luck...will make him more hungrier and come out as best...but very challenging among all these SLAs