PDA

View Full Version : Tamim injured: uncertain for 2nd test! Anamul (bijoy) called up!

tma
November 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
According to Prothom Alo, Tamim is injured, and not certain to play the 2nd test.
Anamul has been called up as a back up.
Here is the news in details (in Bengali):
http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-11-20/news/307072

Crisis
November 19, 2012, 07:05 PM
How the hell did he get himself injured? People get injured playing actual matches and our players keep getting injured during net sessions ... physical limitation ?

tma
November 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
According to the report, he got injured during the 1st test match, while batting :(
After hitting a boundary of Tino Best! And he still has muscle pain in his hand.
I'm still hopeful that he'll play though!

i_1_primeval_man
November 19, 2012, 07:22 PM
^^ Don't just assume. Tamim got injured while batting in the first innings in 1st test.

NoName
November 19, 2012, 07:37 PM
Great, our best top order batsman gets replaced by a new player, while the deadweights most probably remains.

Rifat
November 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
This may explain why he played that rash shot

technocrews
November 19, 2012, 07:56 PM
Anamul is a good player it will be great chance for him to get a knock for his career .

Zeeshan
November 19, 2012, 07:59 PM
Blessing in disguise all the while wishing Tamim a speedy recovery? We cannot be depending on The Tamim everytime and needo think of how to cope with situations which results in his early removal.

Rifat
November 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
Blessing in disguise all the while wishing Tamim a speedy recovery? We cannot be depending on The Tamim everytime and needo think of how to cope with situations which results in his early removal.

without Tamim, we did Banglawash a certain team from the southern hemisphere....:)

Tiger444
November 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
without Tamim, we did Banglawash a certain team from the southern hemisphere....:)

Ya but that was basically 1 man batting show and the SLA's.

I agree with Zee though. We need more top order players that can support Tamim up at the top. Watching the way Junaid and SN struggled, it's time we put Anamul in the squad and see what he can do.

al Furqaan
November 19, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hope he plays and Tamim is fit! Anamul should be our #3 even if Tamim is out. Nazimuddin should open in that case.

Max100
November 19, 2012, 10:52 PM
I agree with al furqan all the way. Hope tamim fit and open with nazim and one down anamul and kick sn and junaed out

Night_wolf
November 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
why cant the deadweights be injured :facepalm:

Zunaid
November 19, 2012, 11:37 PM
From CI:

Anamul called in as cover for Tamim
Mohammad Isam

Batsman Anamul Haque has been called up on the eve of the Khulna Test as cover for an injured Tamim Iqbal. It is still unclear whether the uncapped Haque will make his Test debut as Tamim tries to recover from a sore elbow.

Tamim hurt a tendon in his left elbow while batting in the first innings of the Mirpur Test against West Indies. He batted only against spin in the nets on Monday.

more (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/592100.html?CMP=chrome)

Zeeshan
November 19, 2012, 11:49 PM
KHULNA, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Media Release
SAHARA CUP 2012 WEST INDIES TOUR OF BANGLADESH : Update on Tamim Iqbal's injury

Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal is nursing an elbow injury and will have to undergo a fitness test to determine his availability for the second Test against the West Indies.
"Tamim sustained a muscle tendon injury during the first Test on his left elbow. He will do a fitness test later today or early tomorrow (Wednesday) morning," said National Team physio Vibhav Singh.
Khulna Division batsman Anamul Haque has been called up as a back-up for Tamim. Anamul reached Khulna in the morning to join the squad.

--- ENDS ---

press release

Dilscoop
November 19, 2012, 11:52 PM
Start him at 3. Let Naza open if Tamim isn't fit.

Maysun
November 20, 2012, 12:14 AM
I'm guessing Tamim won't play. They'll be keeping in mind, the ODI series and would want him fit for the ODI series.

If that's the case, Nazimuddin and SN to open (:facepalm: x infinity) and Anamul, one down!

Or the BCB may do a BCB here, and play Nazimuddin, Junaid and SN. :-|

cricbook
November 20, 2012, 01:05 AM
I agree with al furqan all the way. Hope tamim fit and open with nazim and one down anamul and kick sn and junaed out

:up:...spot on.

cricbook
November 20, 2012, 01:10 AM
I'm guessing Tamim won't play. They'll be keeping in mind, the ODI series and would want him fit for the ODI series.

If that's the case, Nazimuddin and SN to open (:facepalm: x infinity) and Anamul, one down!

Or the BCB may do a BCB here, and play Nazimuddin, Junaid and SN. :-|

i hate those two junk....z and nf....we lost last match bcas of them...espacially for zunaied dead fish. can't catch ...can't bat.

Nadim
November 20, 2012, 02:41 AM
Ei jonnoi bolchilam TAmim ke bowling korte dio na:-p ekhon to Anamul khelbei na borong both Sn and JS r sathe jug hobe nazza:fire:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Night_wolf
November 20, 2012, 02:59 AM
Ei jonnoi bolchilam TAmim ke bowling korte dio na:-p ekhon to Anamul khelbei na borong both Sn and JS r sathe jug hobe nazza:fire:

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

SN,JS and nazza batting in the top 3!!!...we'll score 556/1:fire:

Habib
November 20, 2012, 05:06 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Tamim has passed the fitness test and will play.
-Independent TV

Zunaid
November 20, 2012, 05:08 AM
-Independent TV

I would still like to see one of SN or JS being replaced by The Animal. Unleash him now.

Habib
November 20, 2012, 05:08 AM
I would still like to see one of SN or JS being replaced by The Animal. Unleash him now.

Same here.

Zeeshan
November 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
KHULNA, Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Media Release
SAHARA CUP 2012 WEST INDIES TOUR OF BANGLADESH : Tamim declared fit

Bangladesh opening batsman Tamim Iqbal has been declared fit for the second and final Test of the Sahara Cup series which starts tomorrow (Wednesday).
"Tamim felt fine while batting in the nets and we also feel he has recovered sufficiently from the muscle tendon injury to his left elbow to play tomorrow," said National Team physio Vibhav Singh.
Khulna Division batsman Anamul Haque, who had been called up as a back-up for Tamim, has been included in the squad as the 15th member.

BCB Press

Zunaid
November 20, 2012, 05:15 AM
Looks like there still is hope for The Animal.

Jadukor
November 20, 2012, 05:15 AM
I hope the physio made the call based on the injury and not on the importance of Tamim for the game. Last thing we need is for Tamim to further damage his injury and be out of the game for a long period of time.

MyRoom
November 20, 2012, 06:35 AM
Even if Tamim is fit to play I still have Anamul replace Junaed rather than having Nazimuddin who hasn't really performed in NCL but still somehow got selected. It doesn't really matter if Anamul doesn't do well in that match anyway he'll just learn from it and come back stronger. Also try Abul instead of Shahadat nothing to lose really.

crikss
November 20, 2012, 07:02 AM
এদিকে প্রধান নির্বাচক আকরাম খান ঢাকা থেকে আনামুল হক বিজয়কে নিয়ে খুলনা এসেছেন মঙ্গলবার বেলা ১১টার দিকে। তামিমের বিকল্প হিসেবে তাকে দলে নেওয়া হয়েছে বলে বিসিবি মিডিয়া বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে জানায়। কিন্তু তামিম খেললেও অন্য কারও জায়গায় একাদশে ঢুকে পড়তে পারেন আনামুল। অনূূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলের অধিনায়ককে খেলানো হবে কি না এমন প্রশ্নের জবাবে প্রধান নির্বাচক আকরাম খান বলেন,‘কোচ এবং অধিনায়কের সঙ্গে আলাপ করে দেখি, তারা কি বলেন।’

এ সম্পর্কে অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম জানান,‘ও (আনামুল) যেহেতু বিকল্প হিসেবে এসেছে। নিশ্চয়ই একটা পরিকল্পনা আছে। টিম মিটিংয়ে কোন সিদ্ধান্ত আসলেও আসতে পারে।’

সেক্ষেত্রে তামিমের সঙ্গে আনামুলকে ব্যাটিং ওপেন করতে দেখলে অবাক হওয়ার কিছু নাই। এমনকি শাহরিয়ার নাফীসকে ওপেনিংয়ে এনে আনামুলকে তিন নম্বরের জন্য বিবেচনা করা হতে পারে।

আনামুল অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ বিশ্বকাপে দারুণ খেলেছেন। ওই বিশ্বকাপের সর্বোচ্চ রান সংগ্রহকারীও তিনি। জাতীয় লিগেও দারুণ খেলছেন মেহেরপুর জেলার এই ক্রিকেটার। বিকেএসপির ছাত্র আনামুল খুলনা বিভাগের হয়ে চার ম্যাচে দু’টি শতক হাঁকিয়েছেন, অর্ধশতকও আছে।

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b8763c3e0e67e6b544ccbdc0b054c 3f9&nttl=20112012152524

WarWolf
November 20, 2012, 07:15 AM
Let's hope that the team management is brave enough to play Anamul. I would like to see Mushy is strong and brave enough to bring another WK in the team.

simon
November 20, 2012, 07:55 AM
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/140/b/6/3d_flip_table_meme_by_v3n0mx92-d50hqam.jpg

simon
November 20, 2012, 08:00 AM
-Independent TV

[বাংলা]আজ পাশা খেলব রে শ্যাম[/বাংলা] :fire: #:-S

Equinox
November 20, 2012, 08:07 AM
Prottek matcher age Tamim'er kisu na kisu laiggai thake

AsifTheManRahman
November 20, 2012, 08:32 AM
Prottek matcher age Tamim'er kisu na kisu laiggai thake
Eigula dhong. Tamim eto dhong na koira chupchap batting koro. Bhalo hoite poysha lage na.

Nadim
November 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
Kintu shundor hoite fair and lovely lage.:lol:

Tiger444
November 20, 2012, 09:00 AM
What a relief that Tamim is playing. Even though he makes you mad with the way he throws his wicket away at times, without him, our top order is hopeless. So looks like Junaid is good as gone. So an outside chance that Anamul gets in? There's no doubt in my mind that he should be playing. Nazim also has a good chance.

simon
November 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
Shamim: "Tamim survives the corridor of uncertainty."
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Naimul_Hd
November 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Can we let Anamul play since the injured player has been declared as fit ?

WarWolf
November 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Shamim: "Tamim survives the corridor of uncertainty."

Ei polapain ra...Shamim er nam koiyo na. Or nam shunlei gali ashtese mukhe. Boyosh hoye gese vai...bohu kal gali galaz kori na. ei age e abar ovvash kharap korte chai na.

Rubu
November 20, 2012, 09:20 AM
Since Tamim passed the fitness test, he is fine. But I think we still need someone else in place of Zunaed.

MyRoom
November 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
Since Tamim passed the fitness test, he is fine. But I think we still need someone else in place of Zunaed.

Yeap the answer is simply Anamul Haque. If Nazimuddin was picked he will perform bad I can guarantee you that. But really I just don't understand why selectors stick with him and Shahadat when they proved to be costly in Asia Cup.

deshimon
November 20, 2012, 11:05 AM
I want Anamul at #3 and Nafees in opening. It would be a good combination.

Max100
November 20, 2012, 11:34 AM
Nafees and nazimuddin out of form for a while. Is national team is their comeback stage? When we already have some inform player. So we sacrifice our international match to give them platform to come back,i dont know what bcb thinks

Saifulsohel
November 20, 2012, 11:45 AM
Nafees and nazimuddin out of form for a while. Is national team is their comeback stage? When we already have some inform player. So we sacrifice our international match to give them platform to come back,i dont know what bcb thinks

rubbish management. Sack captain.