PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: 1st ODI, Bangladesh vs. West Indies at SANS, Khulna; November 30, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

kalpurush
November 28, 2012, 03:55 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/mominul.jpg
BanglaCricket Coverage (http://www.banglacricket.com/) Live Scores (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/series/586566.html) WI Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/squad/591820.html) BD Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/squad/592631.html) Weather (http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Khulna+Bangladesh+BGXX0005) Venue (http://www.tigercricket.com/venues/testnodi/sheikh-abu-naser-stadium.html) Time (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_BD.aspx)

Dilscoop
November 28, 2012, 04:02 AM
What's your record?? Like 0-10?

Off to a great start...

deshimon
November 28, 2012, 05:47 AM
Best of luck our tiger.

Habib
November 28, 2012, 05:54 AM
Good luck boys. Watch out for those *@#*ing arm balls and play your backward defensive shots properly like lokkhi chele. Okkay?

MohammedC
November 28, 2012, 05:55 AM
Please beware of "arm ball and backward defensive shots"

MyRoom
November 28, 2012, 06:34 AM
We have to win this series to break into the top 8 of the world rankings and make our future ODI series to 5 matches instead of 3 but now it seems very unlikely.

Nadim
November 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
1)Tamim
2) Nayeem (because of his bowling, I would pick him ahead of jahirul)
3) Anamul
4) Riyad
5) Nasir
6) Mominul
7) Mushy
8)Gazi
9)Mash
10)Lalla
11)Rubel

Pick this and we r winning on Friday:fanflag:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Sohel
November 28, 2012, 06:39 AM
^My team exactly. I'd pick Nayeem because as mediocre players go, he's head and shoulders above Omi. That being said, I don't expect him to average more than 30 in the series and don't expect him to score more than 1 game killing 50 if that. Raju's bowling as it stands now is a massive liability, but he could've been more than useful with the bat at number 8. Sadly Shakib's injury makes Gazza! a must, and since neither Sunny nor Enam's available, we have to simply take it again from Rex.

fuadomar
November 28, 2012, 06:59 AM
I believe, this will be the final 11 for 1st ODI:
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Naeem Islam
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mominul Haque
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Sohag Gazi
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Rubel Hossain

WarWolf
November 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
I believe, this will be the final 11 for 1st ODI:
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Naeem Islam
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mominul Haque
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Sohag Gazi
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Rubel Hossain
Spot on.

riajul
November 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
good luck boys.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

simon
November 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
good luck KP da and to our boys. :flag:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

MyRoom
November 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
This should be the line-up for the first 2 ODIs:

01.Tamim
02.Naeem
03.Anamul
04.Nasir
05.Mominul
06.Rahim
07.Mahmudullah
08.Mortaza
09.Razzak
10.Gazi
11.Rubel

Dilscoop
November 28, 2012, 07:58 AM
It would be sick if the profile stats included number of won MT ratio or smth along with number of post and PPD

I bet Zee would be up for that job! DO IT DO IT!

raad007
November 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
Don't think Anamul is going to debut with the scores he got in the practise matches. I think we might see Mominul go ahead of Anamul.

prasad
November 28, 2012, 10:45 AM
good luck KP da and to our boys. :flag:

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

By KP da..you obviously dont mean Kieran Pollard right ?

KaaL-PurusH
November 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
anamul, mominul, imrul der nia doladoli bondho kore ja ase tai nia japhaiya pori shobai.

Purbasha T
November 28, 2012, 10:56 AM
I would rather have in the team promising newcomers than ever proven deadwoods any time. Get in, the debutants!!

Let's bring some pride back in the system, had enough of the WI wins!

mali007
November 28, 2012, 03:11 PM
Batting order would be critical . Mahmudullah and Nasir should bat at 3 and 4.

deshimon
November 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
Batting order would be critical . Mahmudullah and Nasir should bat at 3 and 4.

I think Nasir and Mullah shouldn't be brought up . If they bat in lower order it makes our batting strong. Also they are getting runs on this position. If they change there positions they may fail.

Max100
November 28, 2012, 04:58 PM
What's your record?? Like 0-10?

Off to a great start...

I didnt understand the meaning

AsifTheManRahman
November 28, 2012, 04:59 PM
I think it only makes sense to promote at least Nasir, now that he's shown he can build an inning. We need someone solid to hold the upper middle order together in the absence of Shakib, who if you recall was batting at #3 in ODI's until recently. We don't want the top to be too newbie heavy, but if that's what we decide to do, then it makes sense to throw a senior player in the mix to even things out. I think Nasir is capable and has earned it.

Gowza
November 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
imo:

1 tamim
2 naeem
3 anamul
4 nasir
5 mominul
6 mushy
7 riyad
8 sohag
9 mash
10 razzak
11 rubel

unless you swap naeem and anamul's spots i don't see to many other options. you could put mominul at 7 and move riyad up i guess. or as already mentioned bat nasir higher at maybe #3 but that means anamul opens and i'm not sure opening is the best option for him atm since #3 is his preferred position.

i don't get why 4 pacers were put in the squad, it's a home series so if someone gets injured then they can easily call in a replacement so they only needed to name 3 pacers at most, that way they could have brought sunny or another batsman into the squad.

oronnya
November 28, 2012, 07:17 PM
I think it only makes sense to promote at least Nasir, now that he's shown he can build an inning. We need someone solid to hold the upper middle order together in the absence of Shakib, who if you recall was batting at #3 in ODI's until recently. We don't want the top to be too newbie heavy, but if that's what we decide to do, then it makes sense to throw a senior player in the mix to even things out. I think Nasir is capable and has earned it.

I Agree.. I think Nasir should bat in #4 followed by Mominul, Riyad, Mushy.

oronnya
November 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
imo:

1 tamim
2 naeem
3 anamul
4 nasir
5 mominul
6 mushy
7 riyad
8 sohag
9 mash
10 razzak
11 rubel

unless you swap naeem and anamul's spots i don't see to many other options. you could put mominul at 7 and move riyad up i guess. or as already mentioned bat nasir higher at maybe #3 but that means anamul opens and i'm not sure opening is the best option for him atm since #3 is his preferred position.

i don't get why 4 pacers were put in the squad, it's a home series so if someone gets injured then they can easily call in a replacement so they only needed to name 3 pacers at most, that way they could have brought sunny or another batsman into the squad.

Please no Naeem for ODI. Even Anamul is better suited in test. Like if we are chasing and the RRR is 7 or 8 per over then there is no way Naeem will change his gear and score quick runs and sustain. I remember we lost one match for Naeem being too slow up at the order while chasing.

Dilscoop
November 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Anamul Haq
Musfiqur Rahim
Nasis Hossain
Mominul Haq
MD Riyad
Mashrafe Mortaza
Elias Sunny
Abul Hasan
Abdur Razzak

Debuting Anam and Momi. I want Naeem to just concentrate on Test cricket for now. Sohag just debuted in Test and bowled like 200 overs, I want him take a break. Also want him to focus on one format for now. We always start players in all 3 formats on the same series. That never works. Rubel Hossain should be rest too. He's coming back from an injury. Bringing back Imrul is the only way to get Tamim to work. His uncoolness and modon-girri works in contrast with Tamim.

Really don't wanna play Abul Razzak but I have no option.

Gowza
November 28, 2012, 07:33 PM
Please no Naeem for ODI. Even Anamul is better suited in test. Like if we are chasing and the RRR is 7 or 8 per over then there is no way Naeem will change his gear and score quick runs and sustain. I remember we lost one match for Naeem being too slow up at the order while chasing.

the only other opening options are anamul or jahurul, unless you want to experiment with mushy again and have him open.

Gowza
November 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Anamul Haq
Musfiqur Rahim
Nasis Hossain
Mominul Haq
MD Riyad
Mashrafe Mortaza
Elias Sunny
Abul Hasan
Abdur Razzak

Debuting Anam and Momi. I want Naeem to just concentrate on Test cricket for now. Sohag just debuted in Test and bowled like 200 overs, I want him take a break. Also want him to focus on one format for now. We always start players in all 3 formats on the same series. That never works. Rubel Hossain should be rest too. He's coming back from an injury. Bringing back Imrul is the only way to get Tamim to work. His uncoolness and modon-girri works in contrast with Tamim.

Really don't wanna play Abul Razzak but I have no option.

not a bad team but neither imrul or sunny are in the squad, otherwise i'd have imrul as tamim's opening partner and probably sunny in ahead of gazi.

oronnya
November 28, 2012, 07:52 PM
the only other opening options are anamul or jahurul, unless you want to experiment with mushy again and have him open.

No Gowza bhai, no experiment with Mushy. Our top order is already vulnerable and bringing Mushy up the order will just add to that problem as he is not in form these days.Anyways My preferred team would be

1. Tamim
2. Imrul/Jahirul
3. Anamul (though I think he is still not ready for ODI. But can't think of any other better option atm :()
4. Nasir
5. Mominul
6. Riyad
7. Mushy
8. Mash
9. Gazi
10. Razzak
11. Rubel

Gowza
November 28, 2012, 08:00 PM
No Gowza bhai, no experiment with Mushy. Our top order is already vulnerable and bringing Mushy up the order will just add to that problem as he is not in form these days.Anyways My preferred team would be

1. Tamim
2. Imrul/Jahirul
3. Anamul (though I think he is still not ready for ODI. But can't think of any other better option atm :()
4. Nasir
5. Mominul
6. Riyad
7. Mushy
8. Mash
9. Gazi
10. Razzak
11. Rubel

that would be my team, imrul as opener, except maybe sunny for gazi.

tiger_army
November 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Time will say if Anamul and Mominul is ready for intertnational cricket or not. No doubt they are talented and our future players but i feel they are lack in confidence while the spotlight for playing National team on them. I would have prefer kayes over Anamul..

FahimQuader
November 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
Good luck boys. Watch out for those *@#*ing arm balls and play your backward defensive shots properly like lokkhi chele. Okkay?

yeaa yeaaa!!

M.H.Rubel
November 28, 2012, 11:29 PM
Made up my mind made up my team:
1. Tamim
2. Jahirul
3. Naeem
4. Mushy
5. Nasir
6. Riyad
7. Mominul
8. Mash
9. Gazi
10. Razzak/ Sunny
11. Rubel
* After watching two practice match score card NO to Anamul

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 12:22 AM
1)Tamim
2) Nayeem (because of his bowling, I would pick him ahead of jahirul)
3) Anamul
4) Riyad
5) Nasir
6) Mominul
7) Mushy
8)Gazi
9)Mash
10)Lalla
11)Rubel

Pick this and we r winning on Friday:fanflag:

This I think is the best XI

tiger_army
November 29, 2012, 12:43 AM
the amount of chingri they ate...good luck with tomorrow's match

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=6f42bf5b685bc38edf61152afe9a1 2b6&nttl=20121128042343154415

cricbook
November 29, 2012, 01:34 AM
my team choice......

tamim iqbal
anamul
naeem
mominul
nasir hossain
musfiq
riad
abul hasan
gazi
razzak
rubel.............

Lets play with a fresh blood...instead of dead seeds.

Rifat
November 29, 2012, 01:39 AM
Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin! Go Bangladesh :flag: Go Kalpurush bhai! Go PurbashaT ;)

M.H.Rubel
November 29, 2012, 01:51 AM
8/9 persons have suggested their best 11. I am the only person think that Anamul is not ready for a debut!!!!!!

Jadukor
November 29, 2012, 02:22 AM
I would go with Jahirul to partner Tamim. I am banking on his good strike rate and the flatness of our home pitch
1. Tamim
2. Jahirul
3. Anamul
4. Nasir
5. Mahmudullah
6. Mushy
7. Mominul
8. Mash
9. Gazi
10. Razzak
11. Rubel

KaaL-PurusH
November 29, 2012, 03:01 AM
8/9 persons have suggested their best 11. I am the only person think that Anamul is not ready for a debut!!!!!!

i believe anamul is talented like many but dont understand how they are so certain that anamul will succeed from the moment he steps into international level. we have seen few like him before. eg: Nafees iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Mehrab were promising in early days but couldnt make the marks in international arena . i really hope Anamul can live upto everyone's expectation.

Jadukor
November 29, 2012, 03:04 AM
i believe anamul is talented like many but dont understand how they are so certain that anamul will succeed from the moment he steps into international level. we have seen few like him before. eg: Nafees iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Mehrab were promising in early days but couldnt make the marks in international arena . i really hope Anamul can live upto everyone's expectation.

there should be no expectation. We need to believe in his talent and give this kid ample opportunities so that he can transform the potential into performances. The focus should to get him and Mominul ready for the 2015 worldcup. Even if the youngster gets out cheaply we must stick with him and help him find his footing in the international arena.

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 03:37 AM
According to Isam on CI preview,

Bangladesh: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Anamul Haque, 3 Jahurul Islam, 4 Naeem Islam, 5 Mahmudullah, 6 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 7 Nasir Hossain, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Sohag Gazi, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Rubel Hossain.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594275.html?CMP=chrome

Dilscoop
November 29, 2012, 03:41 AM
^ Hope not. Nasir was doing fine at 4. Why change that just because Naeem did well at 4 in TEST? Management really needs to learn the difference between forms. Tired of seeing them pick position based on different form of the game.

BengaliPagol
November 29, 2012, 03:46 AM
From Anamuls recent performances i think its wise to debut him in tests before he debuts for odi's. I want Imrul back in the team. Not too sure if Naeem should be there in odi's. But i believe Mominul is ready. Its a hard decision but i would follow what Dilscoop said. Sohag Gazi should rest up and we should bring in either Elias Sunny or Enamul Haque jnr. They are both on a wicket taking frenzy and i dont feel like Elias should have been dropped in the first place. Let him have his spot in the team and if it doesnt work then we will consider someone else.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes (but since he isnt in the squad i would then opt for Naeem Islam/Jahurul Islam)
3. Jahurul Islam/Anamul Haque
4. Nasir Hossain
5. Mominul Haque
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Elias Sunny/Enamul Haque jnr
11. Rubel Hossain

Dilscoop
November 29, 2012, 03:46 AM
Typo? BD is way too high. LOL poor NZ not getting any coverage for their heroics, since Indi whooping, Faf-ing, Flower, Ponting.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1584&stc=1&d=1354178714

BengaliPagol
November 29, 2012, 04:01 AM
^^and it vanished :(

Murad
November 29, 2012, 04:03 AM
New fielding rules hard on spinners, captains

The one-day series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand earlier this month was the first with the new restrictions and Mahela Jayawardene said they were harsh on the spinners. That sentiment was shared by left-arm spinner Enamul Haque jnr, who played for BCB XI against West Indians and Bangladesh, and had to bowl without that extra fielder outside the circle for the first time in his career. Enamul took 3 for 31 and 0 for 58 in those games.

"I think it is going to have a negative impact on Bangladesh's cricket on the international stage," Enamul told ESPNcricinfo. "We depend mainly on spinners but with this new rule it will become very difficult to cut out the runs. Today we conceded 12 boundaries from the one gap that couldn't be filled during those non-Powerplay overs. I think these extra runs will hurt the chances of Bangladesh because of the higher number of spinners we usually pick in limited-overs cricket."

The introduction of two new balls in one-day internationals was supposed to be a disadvantage for bowling attacks like that of Bangladesh, which depend heavily on spin, but Enamul said it wasn't as damaging as the new fielding restrictions.

"Spinners have been more adaptable to the new balls than the fielding restrictions. What this new rule does is it takes out the security of an extra man in the deep," he said. "The only thing to do is bowl as straight as possible and to think about using variations with a lot of accuracy. Otherwise runs will be leaked."

Pollard said the powerful batsmen in the West Indies line-up will enjoy the larger gaps in the outfield, but cautioned against playing over-ambitious shots. "It can be good and bad," he said. "If you want to hit the ball outside, being too eager because of the four fielders, you can still find one of them. We have a lot of power-hitters so clearing the boundary and the ball falling in gaps is important for us. Hopefully we can capitalise on it until there's any further changes.

"I think captains will have a hard job in setting the fields and bowlers will have an even tougher job trying to restrict the batsmen. You'll see a lot more 300-run games in place of the 270-280 games because of that extra guy inside."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594190.html

Aage ora 300 korto ebar korbe 400. Gayle will score his first 200 in this series.

ICC er rules gula banai kon shala?

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 04:09 AM
^ Well, time for our spinners to buckle the man up and choke the opposition to death by precise precision bowling!

It will be interesting to see how Razzak copes with this.

Dilscoop
November 29, 2012, 04:11 AM
what's that Bangla word? Akkol? Is that how you spell it?

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 04:17 AM
Bat first..I'll rather lose by 10 wickets than watching WI scoring 400+.

New fielding rule will definately affect us the most:(

silversurf
November 29, 2012, 04:31 AM
My XI for first one day :
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Mominul
4. Naeem
5. Nasir
6. Mushy
7. Riyad
8. Mash
9. Shafiul
10. Enamul Junior / Shohag Gazi
11. Abdur Razzak

KaaL-PurusH
November 29, 2012, 04:40 AM
there should be no expectation. We need to believe in his talent and give this kid ample opportunities so that he can transform the potential into performances. The focus should to get him and Mominul ready for the 2015 worldcup. Even if the youngster gets out cheaply we must stick with him and help him find his footing in the international arena.

there is already so many of us raised finger to anamul after his failure in practice game. Which is bit worried:waiting:

silversurf
November 29, 2012, 04:42 AM
what was the last one day international that BD players played ? What was the playing XI of that one-day ? Anybody remember ??

wktkeeper
November 29, 2012, 05:59 AM
I hope bd will play better tomorrow.

Tiger Manc
November 29, 2012, 07:01 AM
My team:

1. Tamim
2. Jahurul
3. Anamul
4. Nasir
5. Mushfiqur
6. Mahmudullah
7. Naeem
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Sohag
11. Rubel

BANFAN
November 29, 2012, 08:13 AM
New fielding rules hard on spinners, captains

Aage ora 300 korto ebar korbe 400. Gayle will score his first 200 in this series.

ICC er rules gula banai kon shala?

They also have spinners and we also have batsman... :)

And agey amra 250 kortam ekhon 350 korbo.....aar jara 50 korto Ora 100 korbey...hishab borabor....:)

BANFAN
November 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
According to Isam on CI preview,

Bangladesh: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Anamul Haque, 3 Jahurul Islam, 4 Naeem Islam, 5 Mahmudullah, 6 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 7 Nasir Hossain, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Sohag Gazi, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Rubel Hossain.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594275.html?CMP=chrome

And they take Mominul to replace Shakib, to keep him in the bench?? I think they should replace Naeem with Mominul...

Yameen
November 29, 2012, 08:19 AM
And they take Mominul to replace Shakib, to keep him in the bench?? I think they should replace Naeem with Mominul...

I think there will be an issue with the 5th bowler hence the inclusion of Naeem as I don't think Mahmudullah can take that responsibility alone

meazz1
November 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
I have a feeling we're gonna win today, but I'm always wrong.

Roni_uk
November 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
Khulna pitch seems to be a batting heaven....300+ required batting first

Jadukor
November 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
I have a feeling we're gonna win today, but I'm always wrong.
in that case start feeling we are going to lose ASAP

Jadukor
November 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
Khulna pitch seems to be a batting heaven....300+ required batting first
but in ODIs we are not allowed to bat twice

SS
November 29, 2012, 10:17 AM

Ki ar komu Mominul played well and scored runs but it's a tough call but as he faced them ok why not try him...hopefully our batters bat more and Tamim has to deliver as it seems close to 300 run is required to be atleast have a competition

technocrews
November 29, 2012, 10:24 AM
Spot on.

vai Mushfiqur er jaigai onno arekjon valo Wicket kipper batsmen ke nowa uchit cause he is out of from ..:facepalm:

zunaid_bd
November 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
Just wanna see a good game with all the new cummers

Saifulsohel
November 29, 2012, 10:40 AM
According to Banglanews24.Co ­m, probable Bd team tomorrow: 1.Tamim 2.Anamul 3.Naeem 4.Mushfiq 5.Mominul 6.Nasir 7.Riyad8.Mashrafe 9.Sohag 10.Raju 11.Razzak ** 4 debutants!!!

MyRoom
November 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
We have to win this series so our future ODI series will be 5 matches instead of the customary 3 but I doubt it will happen knowing how pathetic our players can be at times.

wktkeeper
November 29, 2012, 01:21 PM
why do we need two wicketkeeper in the team? if Omi plays then he should keep as well. Mushy keeping is not upto the mark. Mushy can focus on more on captaincy job

kalpurush
November 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
why do we need two wicketkeeper in the team? if Omi plays then he should keep as well. Mushy keeping is not upto the mark. Mushy can focus on more on captaincy job
I thought we have a total of three!

Mushy
Jahu
Anam

kalpurush
November 29, 2012, 01:24 PM
We have to win this series so our future ODI series will be 5 matches instead of the customary 3 but I doubt it will happen knowing how pathetic our players can be at times.
Well, you never know! :)

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 01:36 PM
I thought we have a total of three!

Mushy
Jahu
Anam

Jahirul is a part timer keeper.

MyRoom
November 29, 2012, 01:41 PM
Guys! I don't care just play Shakib for all those 5 matches plus T20 and he can have a good 2 months rest innit I mean he shouldn't be concerned about first class franchise or BPL or whatever. Our next International assignment isn't till late February against Sri Lanka plenty of time for Shakib to recover.

Zeeshan
November 29, 2012, 02:17 PM
khela shuru hoy na kano! :(

sharup
November 29, 2012, 02:29 PM
If we field first I am going back to sleep. 300+ on the card for sure. Don't wanna see my heart break so early. Chasing 300 or close to 300 is going to be a tough ask from our young tigers. Once again, looking forward to see some individual performances especially Mominul or Anamul if either of them is introduced.

Don't have high hopes guys.

zunaid_bd
November 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:hopeless

Tiger Manc
November 29, 2012, 03:04 PM
I honestly feel we'll get hammered 5-0 in this series.

NoName
November 29, 2012, 04:06 PM
Is the game really starting in 5 hours? Seems pretty early.

reyme
November 29, 2012, 04:45 PM
Not so long ago we were playing 3 SLA and were doing pretty decent.
The poor team selection will ruin all our hopes, again.

Tiger444
November 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
Not so long ago we were playing 3 SLA and were doing pretty decent.
The poor team selection will ruin all our hopes, again.

That's where we miss Shakib. Had he been there, we would have Sohag, Razzak and Shakib as the spinners and Mash and Rubel/Abul as the pacers. Now since Shakib is not there, we have to rely on 4 specialist bowlers instead of 5. Unless we bat up to 6 but obviously we can't do that. That's where Naeem and Riyad have to chip in and bowl well.

That's why having an allrounder of Shakib's caliber is so critical to our team.

sharup
November 29, 2012, 05:04 PM
How many debutants have been featured in an ODI before? What's the record? Can we match it?

Rifat
November 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
How many debutants have been featured in an ODI before? What's the record? Can we match it?

11. the first Bangladesh ODI ever :D back in 1986 i think. Athahar Ali Khan featured in it ;)

AMD128
November 29, 2012, 05:24 PM
I honestly feel we'll get hammered 5-0 in this series.

That's quite likely to happen unless some of our players (Mushy,Tamim,Mullah) in particular play sensibly. Given that we're Shakib-less now. Each & every player has to contribute. Bowling has to be sharp. Mushy's captaincy has to be at his best.

NoName
November 29, 2012, 05:27 PM
This series will show if Shakib IS the BD National team or if our team still has the spark.

revolver
November 29, 2012, 06:00 PM
So is mominul a specialist batsmen or allrounder?

Tiger444
November 29, 2012, 06:20 PM
So is mominul a specialist batsmen or allrounder?

He's a specialist batsman. Very rarely bowls

Antora
November 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Not sure how much of this match I'll be able to follow. Probably only the second half. When it's time to almost go to BD, it's as if I'm related to half the population. Soo much shopping -_-.

Good luck to Bangladesh. I'm hoping we bat second because
1) I can watch the better part of the game ( our bowling is horrible) :P
2) I want to see this mominul guy. Eto lafalafi korche shobai ei cheleta ke niey, ektu dekhte iccha hocche ki rokom bat kore :P * can't exactly remember his BPL games* :S

balamgir
November 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
Any links to watch the game tonight....pls.

WorldCup11
November 29, 2012, 07:25 PM
Any links to watch the game tonight....pls.

http://hitcric.info/

http://lankacricket.tv/

There will be more once the game starts.

Zeeshan
November 29, 2012, 08:31 PM
Sammy aiming for a whitewash (ESPNCRICINFO)
(http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594364.html)

Jadukor
November 29, 2012, 08:39 PM
We have to score 300 be it setting a target or chasing. Without Shakib, mushy and ryiad has to perform for the middle order.

SS
November 29, 2012, 08:52 PM
Sammy aiming for a whitewash (ESPNCRICINFO)
(http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594364.html)

390 if Gayle plays with para moholla bowlers like us

Dilscoop
November 29, 2012, 08:58 PM
I won't torture my eyes by looking at that jersey for 7 hrs. So I'll just watch TNF and Aus v SA.

WorldCup11
November 29, 2012, 08:58 PM
Amar ekta feelings hoche, azke mone hoy amora Shakib charao zite zabo inshallah, Nasir may score a century today and in Lower order Riyad will score a quick half century. Lets see :)

cricketboy
November 29, 2012, 09:06 PM
Amar ekta feelings hoche, azke mone hoy amora Shakib charao zite zabo inshallah, Nasir may score a century today and in Lower order Riyad will score a quick half century. Lets see :)

Onek positive apni bhai. :up:

mali007
November 29, 2012, 09:07 PM

I HAVE THE SAME "feeling" !!

WorldCup11
November 29, 2012, 09:07 PM
Wow I just became "Test cricketer" , congratulations to me :)

Gowza
November 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
i'd like to see anamul and mominul play but hopefully at least one gets into the XI.

Gowza
November 29, 2012, 09:20 PM

congrats!

AbuDarda
November 29, 2012, 09:20 PM

Congrats bishwa cup bhai!

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
Congrats. Mone raikhen test cricket, abar SN er moto upper cut koiren na

Zeeshan
November 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
8.20am Greetings folk, the first of five ODIs between Bangladesh and West Indies coming up. Bangladesh were competitive in the two Tests, but lost both of them. They are more accomplished in ODIs, but will they be able to topple an improving West Indies team? Cricinfo

Maple1900
November 29, 2012, 09:34 PM
When will be the toss?

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
8.30am Toss West Indies have won the toss and elected to bat. Powell, Holder, Dwayne Smith and Permaul are not playing.

why why why?

reverse_swing
When will be the toss?

8.30am Toss West Indies have won the toss and elected to bat. Powell, Holder, Dwayne Smith and Permaul are not playing.

-Cricinfo

AbuDarda
When will be the toss?

Atokkhon to hoa jaoar kotha!

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
and we have 4 debutant:o

Anamul, Mominul, Gazi and Abul in

Ajfar
November 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
4 debutants!! Holy cow. The world will wonder what kind of weed our management is smoking.

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
And, hang on to your hats, FOUR debutants for Bangladesh - Abul Hasan, Sohag Gazi, Anamul Haque, Mominul Haque.-CI

No Omi, no walking wicket in the batting lineup for once, yeay!

AbuDarda
November 29, 2012, 09:40 PM
All four newcomers are playing! if rubel is injured,its realistic chance for shafiul to play,but why Abul hasan???

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
SO no Rubel, Jahirul, Shafiul?

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
I hope Koushik keeps it together today. DON'T have a heck of a lot of faith in the accuracy of Raju's bowling.

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
All four newcomers are playing! if rubel is injured,its realistic chance for shafiul to play,but why Abul hasan???

Rubel not injured. Abul gets a free odi cap coz of his :100: :facepalm:

:lol:selectors. most cluless ever:facepalm:

SS
SO no Rubel, Jahirul, Shafiul and Nayeem?

cant believe why Rubel is not playing is he injured what about Shafiul...but with Abul :facepalm:

Zeeshan
nadim bhaia kemon achen?

22Yards
November 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
I hope anamul comes at 1 down and mominul at two down.

SS
November 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
Rube; not injured. Abul gets a free odi cap coz of his :100: :facepalm:

:lol:selectors. most cluless ever:facepalm:

Abul treated chacchu with KFC...he will break Shahadat's record today

meazz1
November 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
4 debutants!! Holy cow. The world will wonder what kind of weed our management is smoking.

LOL!
can't stop laughing.

SS
November 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
this is so unique and I doubt this experiment with 4 debutants will backfire..i hope not but what on earth they are thinking WI has one of explosive batsmen who are in superb form:facepalm:

Rifat
November 29, 2012, 09:45 PM
new Banglacricket joke: to get into the national team you must treat a certain uncle of a certain player KFC :lol:

ialbd
November 29, 2012, 09:45 PM
Abul taken over Rubel.... hmm... ki ar komu...

selectors are probably banking way too much on Raju's batting ... get over that century for everyone's sake....

SS
November 29, 2012, 09:46 PM
WI bat ...hold on to your sit 400 on the card

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
I pray all of the debs do well today. That way after Shakib gets back, we can drop Nayeem and have an ODI batting lineup without dead weight for the first time in history!

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
Four debutants? Holy Fudge!

al-Sagar
4 debutant jodi 4 ta century maare ar 2 debutant bowler jodi 5 fer ney taholei to khela jite jabo

Ajfar
A lot of pressure on Mash to deliver. I hope he keeps it together. We really need him to get his old self back. No need for pace, just focus on line and length.

Zeeshan
November 29, 2012, 09:49 PM
Hate to do this...but any live link guys?

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:49 PM
BTW, the Perth test is underway guys with MItchell Johnson brought back into the fold. A must see for all true cricket lovers.

Rifat
November 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
I miss Syed Rasel, the chaminda vaas of Bangladesh Cricket. I hope he regains his old self

DMan
4 debutants for Bangladesh! :o

This is bad for WI considering we always do very badly when the opposition has debutants. :ohno:

Ajfar
Any sign of Shamim yet? Please stay home Shamim.

tiger_army
too many newcomers...plus mash and Nayeem playing ODI after long break...Most importantly Shak is missing... allah-i jane ki ase kopale.... i can see another sommanjonok porajoy...

Gowza
wow abul over rubel? that's a strange selection but good that the other 3 are in there.

AbuDarda
November 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
rubel not injured. Abul gets a free odi cap coz of his :100: :facepalm:

:lol:selectors. Most cluless ever:facepalm:

what??? Rubel is'nt injured? Rubel is way better than abul,far more expereinced than him and he bowled really well in both test,atleast better than abul!

Night_wolf
i want to know how many uncle and aunties does aboul have in BCB..he played all the formats of cricket available for BD without deserving to play one :facepalm:

Rubel who bowled well in tests and has been our best pacer in odi for sometimes sits for this abul :facepalm: :facepalm:

Nadim
Hate to do this...but any live link guys?

bhalo dada, apni kemon achen? espn kaj kore na? :-p

http://www.jagobd.com/channel9bd.html

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
HUGE pressure on Bijoy to deliver as an opener.

SS
Gayle mamu tumi ki KFC te jaba ...plz ajke amader rehai dao..

Ajfar
And bolte nah boltei one and only Shamim is there to welcome us.

22Yards
I dont see WHY in the earth people are complaining over 4 debutants. I would rather have inexperience (anamul mominul) anyday over the likes of Jahirul SN Junaid ashraful rockibul etc etc and Sohag gazi performed well in tests that is why he is there. They may fail today, look really ugly, nervous, but we need to make sure they are given a good run and I bet they have more to offer than the dead weights I just mentioned. The only debut I can't agree is abul hasan's over whom I think shafiul would have been better.

I am all for it.

tiger_army
November 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
BTW, the Perth test is underway guys with MItchell Johnson brought back into the fold. A must see for all true cricket lovers.

Most importantly Punters last test... Test cricket will miss this legend..

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
HUGE pressure on Raju to keep his economy below 10 and deliver with the bat as well.

Ajfar
November 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
HUGE pressure on Bijoy to deliver as an opener.

I hope he has some good starts at least, if not 50s. Should be enough to get him this entire series and the next series as well. Should be enough time for him to settle in. Same goes for Mominul.

Nadim
i want to know how many uncle and aunties does aboul have in BCB..he played all the formats of cricket available for BD without deserving to play one :facepalm:

Rubel who bowled well in tests and has been our best pacer in odi for sometimes sits for this abul :facepalm: :facepalm:

ekhon bolbe Rubel ODI khelar jonno fit na:floor:(when he bowled magnificently in the 2nd Test: :facepalm:

mali007
Gazi and Abul already played test , will not be under pressure. I have a feeling that both Anamul and Mominul will shine .

Sohel
Most importantly Punters last test... Test cricket will miss this legend..

So true. I pray he deservedly goes out in style.

Tiger444
November 29, 2012, 09:56 PM
I dont see WHY in the earth people are complaining over 4 debutants. I would rather have inexperience (anamul mominul) anyday over the likes of Jahirul SN Junaid ashraful rockibul etc etc and Sohag gazi performed well in tests that is why he is there. They may fail today, look really ugly, nervous, but we need to make sure they are given a good run and I bet they have more to offer than the dead weights I just mentioned. The only debut I can't agree is abul hasan's over whom I think shafiul would have been better.

I am all for it.

Well said. Anamul and Mominul needed to play. We need to try them out. Also Rubel just came off a big injury guys and just bowled in 2 tests. They just want to rest him and not over bowl him. And Sohag also deserved to play. We could make an argument that Shafiul should play ahead of Abul but Shafiul hasn't been in the best touch either.

Ajfar
What's up with our jersey? It looks like we are sponsored by Hawaiian punch.

tiger_army
So true. I pray he deservedly goes out in style.
As Clarke mentioned, he might hit a triple ton in Perth.. :)

ialbd
November 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
ohhh the jersey.... my eyes my eyes...

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
I hope he has some good starts at least, if not 50s. Should be enough to get him this entire series and the next series as well. Should be enough time for him to settle in. Same goes for Mominul.

The transition for Shourobh will be harder against the West Indian pacers. I'm praying for a gutsy knock of at least 30-40 from him. He's likely to get very nervous in the 40s.

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 09:58 PM
Russel batting at 9:o khobor ache

Sohel
As Clarke mentioned, he might hit a triple ton in Perth.. :)

InshAllah bro.

shuziburo
Mushy called Shakib "one of" the best player in the side.

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 09:59 PM
I think this god awful jersey will be lucky for us.

Nadim

Definately mushy meant to say the best in bd

Purbasha T
Brand new stadium

Jampacked galleries

Best player missing, but four promising debutants

Against the world t20 champions West Indies, THIS CANNOT GET BETTER!!!

Our last tournament in this format ended in a nail biting title heartbreak, no such plans this time. C'mon the Tigers!!! :fanflag:

tiger_army

"one of", so who are the others?

Antora
November 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
Wow! Who designed our jersey? Looks horrible

cricket_pagol
November 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
abul hasan as the second pacer seems like a risky ploy... I would have kept Rubel.

tiger_army
November 29, 2012, 10:01 PM
I think this god awful jersey will be lucky for us.
Last time we wore awful jersey against the Zimbos.. and we lost the ODI series...

cricketboy
4 debutants!

Sohel
Oh the blinding pom gana zasee! Thank GOD this ain't an HD broadcast.

Ajfar
Mash lost a lot of weight. He looks pretty good.

Saifulsohel
November 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
Rubel is injured according to PA

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
What a delivery from Koushik! Gayle beaten.

kalpurush
November 29, 2012, 10:03 PM
Look at Mash! Ki motu hoyechhe re baba!!

riajul
November 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
<B>WI have won the toss and elected to bat first.</B> and we r playing with 4 new comers, good first over by Mash.

cricketboy
November 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
Who is this commentator. I miss Rohan.

shuziburo
November 29, 2012, 10:05 PM
Tight line from Mash.

riajul
Abul aaylo.

Maysun
Here's Abul

Sohel
Here comes Raju, full toss!

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
Did Abul just bowl "The Butterfly Ball"? :o

Crisis
About to go to bed. When I wake up in 9 hours, will the match still be around ?

Sohel
A dot ball from Raju :joy:

BengaliPagol
November 29, 2012, 10:07 PM
Dubious decision to leave out Rubel.

cricketboy
November 29, 2012, 10:08 PM
A dot ball from Raju :joy:
You seem to change your fav player from Nazza to Abul!

DMan
November 29, 2012, 10:08 PM
BD bowlers bowling dangerously here. :o

fuadomar
November 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
BD bowlers bowling dangerously here. :o
LOL!Jinxing?

kalpurush
November 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
well well well, a nice over from ATMR's Abul!!!

shuziburo
November 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Good over from Raju, except for the first ball.

fuadomar
Abul gave only 1 run in an over.career record?

DMan
LOL!Jinxing?

3 runs in 3 overs, you guys are bowling TIGHT!

al Furqaan
November 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
so 350 from the last 48?

good start here

ialbd
biddhongshi bowling by Mash.... chalay jao mama....

shuziburo
Great delivery from Mash!

cricket_pagol
Good start by Abul hasan. I just hope mushy does not keep him for slog overs.

Sohel
Koushik is bowling some gems here MashAlalah!

Fahim
salaam brothers and sisters can someone give me a link that is not lagging or where the sound is delayed lol?

simon
good morning everyone :yawn:
ei commie ta key,?

Nadim
November 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
Gayle have no clue....

al Furqaan
superb delivery from Masri...

roman
Salam everyone..Jitbo ajke inshallah :)

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 10:13 PM
I haven't seen Koushik bowl with this type of intent since the 2007 WC! Loving every second of it.

ialbd
ekta nick kor re Gayle bhai....

Maysun
Maiden!

simon
apnara okey Abul bolben ma
Raju bolen
ar beshi kharap khelley ja ichcha boilen

kalpurush
WOW! What an over from Mash!!!

shuziburo
Mash-maiden!

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Well deserved maiden over against one of the gods of aggressive batting.

SS
Koushik is bowling some gems here MashAlalah!

I hope Mash can keep like that in next few overs...may God help him and thus also help BD

kalpurush
salaam brothers and sisters can someone give me a link that is not lagging or where the sound is delayed lol?
Ualikum salam Fahim. Good to see you back :)

Maysun
That was a brilliant over from Mashrafe

al Furqaan
November 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
Abul's bowling an awkward length here...awesome to see!

Sohel
Raju's bowling in very good areas also. The faith is paying off MashAllah.

AbuDarda
স্লো স্টার্ট দেখে খুশি হইয়েন না ভাইসব,আমার মনে হইতেছে এটা কোন প্রলয়ংকরী ঝড়ের পূর্বাভাষ!

simon
Gayle ke or moto khelte deya uchit.
dorshok ra ashchey.Gayle.er big inn dekhar jonno.
eto defensive keno Gayle ¿

al Furqaan
November 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
Still plenty of time for WI to score another 350 runs

fuadomar
November 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
good morning everyone :yawn:
ei commie ta key,?
Deep das gupta, a bengali, x wicket keeper and manager of pune warriors where tamim played.

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 10:17 PM
Well done Mushy! Great captaincy. :clap:

Nadim
Another good over from Abul. impressive so far:clap:

kalpurush
Fav player: Abul

mac
November 29, 2012, 10:18 PM
Poor Abul..created two opportunities in two balls.

simon
Kaedged for a four

Sohel
One slip captaincy just cost us that wicket. Just one slip when your seamers are bowling this well??? What an effing brain dead retard!

DMan
You guys have us in early trouble here. Well done so far BD. :notworthy:

BANFAN
Oh captain my captain....why would you remove the slip...while they were bowling so well and keeping the pressure....??

ialbd
Shamim getting better (anticipating the 2nd slip catch)....

BanCricFan
Ball swimming about in the morning and Mush has just ONE slip! :D

Fahim
November 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
Ualikum salam Fahim. Good to see you back :)

thanks man havent posted here in months! lots of new people here now!

Haradhon
BD is off to a good start; I hope Shamim does not jinx it

BanCricFan
That defo has cheered up ShaCha.

Gowza
November 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
always been hard for BD players, they often have to do it all on their own.

Sohel
Finally a more hittable delivery from Koushik dispatched for a towering :six: from Gayle.

Nadim
Gayle er jor shuru hoilo budh'hoy:(

DMan
SIX from GAYLE!!! :fire:

He's looking terribly out of form in BD so far though. :-|

ialbd
Gayle done calibrating the line of the ball with his bat.... and off he goes...

BanCricFan
November 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Noo Mashie!

mac
Mash!!! eisob ki bhai?

BANFAN
Kaedged for a four

These edges none remember and that counts against pacers at the end....if these were counted against the captain or the fielders......that would be fair...

Sohel
6-4-4 so far.

Nadim
Mash now lost it. bowling on the pads when he have fine leg up :smh:

al Furqaan
Can't really stop these gayle boundaries

Sohel
November 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
Good comeback delivery. Surprised Gayle with a smart change of pace.

Gowza
November 29, 2012, 10:23 PM
Can't really stop these gayle boundaries

getting him out is a good way of stopping it!

Crickbang
Mushfiq ke ki cheerleader/captain team e neya hoise? Ato tali dibar ki hoilo. Your bowler is getting hammered you moron!! Nothing to clap about.

Sovik
Tempted to mute TV. Moron shaming is on

zman
November 29, 2012, 10:24 PM
I don't like Gayle...Gayle pom gana

Isnaad
November 29, 2012, 10:24 PM
What the? :O

Maysun
November 29, 2012, 10:25 PM
Emon toh ekta idiot. :sick:

Nadim
...WTH? umpire chor!!! clever bowling from Raju

al Furqaan
WOW...what a terrible call.

Sovik
November 29, 2012, 10:26 PM
What just happened

Sohel
Raju's still doing great. That was very close indeed.

ialbd
Asoka De Silva's mamato bhai eita....

simon
o my god
i thought it was well acted by Mushy but it actually got a nick damnnnn

mac
umpire vua

DMan
November 29, 2012, 10:27 PM
WOW. Simmons gets a life. I hope he makes good use of it. This isn't looking like the same SImmons from the warm up matches. :-|

cricketboy
Ar ekta Ashoka.

BANFAN
Who is the umpire??