PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: 2nd ODI, Bangladesh vs. West Indies at SANS, Khulna; 2nd December, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

al-Sagar
November 30, 2012, 04:43 AM
2nd ODI: Bangladesh vs West indies at Khulna (Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium)

Dec 2, 2012 (09:00 local | 03:00 GMT | 22:00 EST | 21:00 CST | 19:00 PST)

after a comfortable win in the first ODI, every BCITES are eager to open the thread for the 2nd ODI.

so who will open the thread for the next match which is going to be played in the same venue on Sunday. again we will miss shakib as he continues his recovery from injury.

lots of BCITES are planning and preparing to open the thread for the next game. Lets see who wins the Race.

BD may play the same team as they will not want to break the winning combo. WI may consider some changes to get things back to track.

:flag:Bangladesh Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/squad/592631.html):flag:

West Indies Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/squad/591820.html)

:flag:THE VENUE (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/ground/56691.html):flag:

Series Home (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/series/586566.html)

Match Officals (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/squad/594040.html)

http://hitcric.info/
http://lankacricket.tv/

kalpurush
November 30, 2012, 05:04 AM
Sagar on motion!

like the no-frill MT - a win will do it for Sagar and tigers I guess!!

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 05:10 AM
I say we dump this thread and let KP open it. Al_S already opened a jinx thread and almost got us! :waiting:

mr cricket
November 30, 2012, 05:14 AM
I expect us to win comfortably again. West Indies are really weak against our spin.

riajul
November 30, 2012, 05:26 AM
All the best boys.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Nadim
November 30, 2012, 05:28 AM
Same XI(or maybe Rubel for Raju but that would be harsh) and same attitude pls. :) Inshallah eitao jitbo...:fanflag:

Naimul_Hd
November 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
Same XI(or maybe Rubel for Raju but that would be harsh) and same attitude pls. :) Inshallah eitao jitbo...:fanflag:

surprisingly Raju bowled well today. He got pace and bounce today. I would rather go for the same team and i am more than 1000% sure that team management will play the same team provided none gets injured :)

Nadim
November 30, 2012, 05:43 AM
surprisingly Raju bowled well today. He got pace and bounce today. I would rather go for the same team and i am more than 1000% sure that team management will play the same team provided none gets injured :)

he did, indeed!

i want the same team too. it was just an option which we could look into it as our death bowling looks quite vulnerable. Rubel is the only decent death bowler along with shak who can contain the run rate <8. even today number 10 batsman scored with 100 SR in the death for 10+ overs.

BANFAN
November 30, 2012, 06:27 AM

Apart from performance... Rotating the pacers is important for their fitness and keeping all bowlers shining their skills, instead of getting rusty sitting in bench... So if we have three good pacers, it' would make sense if we change one pacers every match, so each of them get a rest after two matches.... Good for Mash as well.

deshimon
November 30, 2012, 06:29 AM
Normally team management is going to set same XI for the next match. West Indians look so weak against our spinners. So Mushfiq should use Nasir.

BengaliPagol
November 30, 2012, 06:36 AM
When it comes to ODIs Bangladesh dominate

Maysun
November 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
Same XI.. Duh?! We are going to keep the winning combination. That's so obvious.

Come on, boys! Let's do this.

BengaliPagol
November 30, 2012, 06:42 AM
we have a whitewash on our hands. Looking back at the World Cup i cant believe we were bowled out for 58...

Rabz
November 30, 2012, 07:11 AM
^^ you do realize it's a 5-match series ??

BANFAN
November 30, 2012, 07:18 AM
Normally team management is going to set same XI for the next match. West Indians look so weak against our spinners. So Mushfiq should use Nasir.

No need for adventure I guess, haven't you seen how they dealt with Naeem?? If there is no problem with anyone, I think only 5 should be bowling, incl Mullah...

shuziburo
November 30, 2012, 08:27 AM
Abul did not bowl badly, despite his line. He needs to bowl within himself and stick to the plan. Like he did until that dropped catch.

raad007
November 30, 2012, 08:33 AM
I say we feild the same team, only exception could be Rubel replacing Abul, but then again he bowled well before the dropped catch.

fiate2000
November 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
There is an android app for live match status. Very useful if you are not in front of a PC or TV. See link to Google Play in my signature.

crikss
November 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
Good luck to BD team....Let's take 2-0 lead

AsifTheManRahman
November 30, 2012, 10:18 AM
Nah, eibar mone hoy WI aar parbe na amader shathe. Banglawash ache kopale.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

cricball
November 30, 2012, 11:08 AM
When I was watching Ban VS West 1st match in the morning after 25 over then I was assured that today Bangladesh will win.And finally we got it.Thanks BD team.:clap:

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 11:29 AM
Nah, eibar mone hoy WI aar parbe na amader shathe. Banglawash ache kopale.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

You really want to join Bruno, Crisis and all dem other guys on my ignore list dont you!!

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
I just read the OP. Dafuq!?? This isn't the MT but it is...

DMan
November 30, 2012, 11:31 AM
Looks like a whitewash for WI here. 5-0 thrashing by the hands of the Bangladeshi's.

From the looks of things so far in this series, to me the bottom ranked teams in order of best to worse are:

1. Bangladesh
2. West Indies
3. New Zealand
4. Zimbabwe

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
You really want to join Bruno, Crisis and all dem other guys on my ignore list dont you!!

:lol::lol::lol: You still have Bruno on your ignore list? The dude has been banned for ages now!

SS
November 30, 2012, 11:33 AM
2nd ODI everything will be upside down if we are not serious...imagine the WI top order scores 350 run...without Shakib we won't be able to chase that and TIK uradhura innings jodi akbar edik odik hoi...taile to kobor ase...TIK is falling in trap of Darun Sammy all the time..he is no Mushy

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 11:42 AM
:lol::lol::lol: You still have Bruno on your ignore list? The dude has been banned for ages now!
Yes, he is that frightening

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 11:55 AM
Yes, he is that frightening

Ya he definitely made his mark here at BC. And it wasn't a good mark he left either

meazz1
November 30, 2012, 12:04 PM
Op thanks for opening the thread.
It would be helpful if you can add the timer on top of the thread. So, we can tell exactly how many hours and min left for it to start.

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 12:07 PM
Op thanks for opening the thread.
It would be helpful if you can add the timer on top of the thread. So, we can tell exactly how many hours and min left for it to start.

meazz1 bhai it seems your really good at predictions since you predicted the last game correctly :lol: So tell me, you think we'll win this match?

Sohel
November 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Fierce and disciplined aggression from both of our new ball bowlers is the key. Then bring in The Gazza! as first change and let Rex do his thang as Riyad and possibly Nasir bowl a few.

M.H.Rubel
November 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
I am dreaming for a series win here.

CricketPagolChele
November 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
All the best boys! Make us proud again !

Max100
November 30, 2012, 12:25 PM
Lets keep the same team for 2nd match and rest or otate someone in 3 rd match

M.H.Rubel
November 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
Some inspiring words from cricinfo.
Bangladesh batted with assuredness in their reply, the ease with which they secured a win over a near full-strength West Indies side - with almost 10 overs to spare - is bound to boost their confidence for the upcoming games.

Siddhartha Talya is a senior sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo . . . .http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594420.html

CricketPagolChele
November 30, 2012, 12:30 PM
Bangladesh batted with assuredness in their reply, the ease with which they secured a win over a near full-strength West Indies side - with almost 10 overs to spare - is bound to boost their confidence for the upcoming games.

Siddhartha Talya is a senior sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo . . . .http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/story/594420.html

If it was a "Near full-strength West Indies side", then what would be the complete full-strength side? Who are missing? If this was the "near full-strength WI team", then what would be BD where there were 4 new comers, and no Shakib? BD U10?

Kohli_Sox
November 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
lol at cricinfo still doesn't want to give credit to Bangladesh. If it's near full strength, please tell me what's the definition of full strength

kalpurush
November 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
He might thought it's a three match series!

simon
November 30, 2012, 01:00 PM
Au contraire with out Sakib,Rubel and four debutants it was a BD A team.

Anyway, WI were very poor today but will surely come back strongly in the next match,hope we will do even better.

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
I can seriously see us going down 3-2. Just keep that in mind so you don't end up opening 20 venting and ranting threads when this series ends. Just saying.

kalpurush
November 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
When I was watching Ban VS West 1st match in the morning after 25 over then I was assured that today Bangladesh will win.And finally we got it.Thanks BD team.:clap:
Welcome to BanglaCricket mate.
Read me first: Board Rules (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=13311)

Enjoy your stay :)

kalpurush
November 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
Looks like a whitewash for WI here. 5-0 thrashing by the hands of the Bangladeshi's.

From the looks of things so far in this series, to me the bottom ranked teams in order of best to worse are:

1. Bangladesh
2. West Indies
3. New Zealand
4. Zimbabwe
Ha! Ha!! Now, don't get too emotional mate :)

Your team is a very strong one and can bounce back in no time!

Eshen
November 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
WI made the mistake of thinking our boys will roll over and die without Shakib. But don't expect them to keep making the same mistakes over and again.

Last ODI was an exception. With such dead pitches, expect to see high scores from our opposition. I can't say I am confident our batting side will rise up to the challenge.

Eshen
November 30, 2012, 01:12 PM
I can seriously see us going down 3-2. Just keep that in mind so you don't end up opening 20 venting and ranting threads when this series ends. Just saying.
I second that

kalpurush
November 30, 2012, 01:14 PM

I have failed to understand what Mr. Talya meant by near full-strength West Indies?

I though we have played against the strongest WI team possible at the moment.

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
^ He was the one updating the Game Titles then? At one point it said "West Indies Self-destruct."

What this bhai said.

Anwar Chowdhury on (November 30 2012, 14:16 PM GMT)
Four young debutants in the game, and no Shakib Al Hasan, so actually it seems like that BD was in half of their strength but very funnily Siddhartha Talya wrote here in this article that W. Indies was "near full-strength". Can u plz tell me who is missing here for W. Indies? Rather this W. Indies team is a current super power of World Cricket & a full strength team which included the super star players like Gayle, Samuels, Bravo, Pollard, Russel, Narine, Roach, Rampal with Simmons, Sammy & Thomas.

meazz1
November 30, 2012, 01:57 PM
meazz1 bhai it seems your really good at predictions since you predicted the last game correctly :lol: So tell me, you think we'll win this match?

Thanks for the vote of confidence :notworthy:.
I feel we will nail the series 4-1.
I'm really hoping for a banglawash in this series.

mufi_02
November 30, 2012, 01:59 PM
I have failed to understand what Mr. Talya meant by near full-strength West Indies?

Not quite. There are no walking wickets like SN, JS, Nazim or IK. So it's not quite full strength WI team.

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 02:09 PM

1. Bangladesh
2. West Indies
3. New Zealand
4. Zimbabwe

LOL oh god the comedy around here from this guy is TOO FUNNY!! :floor: .

One game played and "whitewash", but why should i be surprised? wasn't this the same "Wi fan" who claimed we would lose the 2nd test too? :lol:

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 02:12 PM

No you haven't, in the Tests we were missing our best pacer (Roach) who is in the top three wicket takers this year from pacers,

In these ODi's we're missing Johnson Charles, Ramdin and Dwayne Bravo, all played in the 4-1 odi series win vs NZ recently and Charles and Bravo were part of the team that drew the one day series against Australia aswell.

Rifat
November 30, 2012, 02:20 PM
No you haven't, in the Tests we were missing our best pacer (Roach) who is in the top three wicket takers this year from pacers,

In these ODi's we're missing Johnson Charles, Ramdin and Dwayne Bravo, all played in the 4-1 odi series win vs NZ recently and Charles and Bravo were part of the team that drew the one day series against Australia aswell.

You guys still have Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Keiron Pollard who are considered international class players on their day can take on any opponent.

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
Anyway as for the game, we couldn't have been much poorer with both bat and ball so we are likely to see an improvement, we lost the first game heavily against Australia earlier this year too and then came back to be undefeated for three games in a row (won two and drew one although we really should have won all three),

I think we took the tigers lightly, some of the shots played by Samuels, Pollard, Thomas and Sammy were just pathetic and showed a lack of respect to the bowlers, now they've had a wake up call and i suspect they will come out all guns blazing in the next game, i'd imagine Powell and Permaul may come into the team, for who i don't know, Simmons has to be dropped though,

In closing what gives me hope is we made 199 on a bad day, so if our top order catches fire we're likely to get near 300 on a good day. which would make our attack much more comfortable.

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
You guys still have Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels, Keiron Pollard who are considered international class players on their day can take on any opponent.

Yes we have some good players that faced Bangladesh, but it still wasn't our strongest line-up, thats just a fact my friend.

I mean someone like Dwayne Bravo is extremely important to our limited over teams right now, and Ramdin is much better than Thomas.

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 02:24 PM

I think Thomas is a better overall player compared to Ramdin honestly. His stats might not show it but I believe he'll be a more consistent player. Also Charles is still not a key part of the team. He's got talent no doubt but is still very inconsistent. You can make a case for Bravo but even then I think Russell is the better player. Bravo is a very inconsistent player.

So I don't really see you guys missing any key players really. All your best players played.

RB_Cricket
November 30, 2012, 02:26 PM

Hello, making excuses is our old traditions after loosing the game.. Nice to see WI also following our footmark..
Hoping for a BanglaWASH.:flag:.. Be ready for more lame excuase like "Not playing the full strength XI..Againn" ....

Kohli_Sox
November 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
lol one guy missing only that is Bravo and it is being said W.I. not in full strength. None of the key players are missing and I don't see how Bravo would turn the match on its head, definitely not with his medium pace bowling. With bat in hand when top order with likes of Gayle, Samuels, Pollard didn't make impact, Bravo wouldn't score a 100 right you know what I mean. Besides we are without Shakib.

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 02:34 PM
lol one guy missing only that is Bravo and it is being said W.I. not in full strength. None of the key players are missing and I don't see how Bravo would turn the match on its head, definitely not with his medium pace bowling. With bat in hand when top order with likes of Gayle, Samuels, Pollard didn't make impact, Bravo wouldn't score a 100 right you know what I mean. Besides we are without Shakib.

And don't forget Rubel who was our best pacer in 2011 in ODI's. This question should not come up. You can always make excuses about not having a full strength team. We as fans, have preference on who should be in the playing 11. Whatever team you throw out there on the playing field, you have to expect them to win, regardless of opposition. No excuses.

Equinox
November 30, 2012, 02:37 PM
That's really lame WindieFan.

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 02:44 PM
Wouldn't you say unable to field your best 11 is worse just accepting the loss?

Yet another laughable thing I see happen quite often in cricket. Every team and fans at some point use that as a justifying excuse to lessen the loss.

It's called "depth chart."

shuziburo
November 30, 2012, 02:44 PM

Then play them.

What? They are injured?

Then the full-strength team played today. The team will be weaker with the injured players playing.

Kohli_Sox
November 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Pollard: "It is a soft dismissal. But that's the way it is, I was just trying to play to the situation. If I get the same ball tomorrow, I will try to play the same shot as well. This time it will go to Dhaka."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/594517.html

This guy Pollard has developed quite a tongue I see. I want to know how many matches Pollard won it for West Indies. He is a good hitter all right but most of the times I've seen him throwing his wicket away. His bowling is mediocre at best. He is one of the most overrated players imo.

BanCricFan
November 30, 2012, 03:01 PM
Lol...we didnt even field our best ODI batter who singlehandedly destroyed Australia in Cardif, Kapali the most elegant strokemaker and Shakib the best allrounder going around right now.

Not to mention Mash is just coming back after three major knee reconstructions. Four debutants. We also missed our rock/wall Rokibul. Elias Sunny is warming the bench...

As a matter of fact, at best, this was a BD A team.

nycpro96
November 30, 2012, 03:17 PM
Lol...we didnt even field our best ODI batter who singlehandedly destroyed Australia in Cardif, Kapali the most elegant strokemaker and Shakib the best allrounder going around right now.

Not to mention Mash is just coming back after three major knee reconstructions. Four debutants. We also missed our rock/wall Rokibul. Elias Sunny is warming the bench...

The Ash, Kapali, and Raqibul cracks are sarcasm...right?

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 03:22 PM

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Velnior/duh-face.jpg

BanCricFan
November 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
Anyhow, lets hope Tammoto will stop throwing his wicket after getting to a 50. Seriously, if this lad stay on the wicket until the 40th over could easily get double tons...instead of these cameos. Although, it was his onslaught today that derailed the Windies. They simply had no answers to the Tammoto Assault.

For the next match, would love to see much improved footworks from the youngster Anamal. There is no alternative to sound footworks in cricket if one to be successful in the long run. The freaks are just exceptions. The catches must be taken and support the pacers when they create precious chances. It seems Nasir has very little concentration span, too. Missed couple of certain Test tons by throwing his wicket. Mushfiq could be a little out of form. He could allow Momin bat before him. As for Nayeema...chaliey jao!

Mullah, field for the other bowlers as if your own bowling. Abul, you da man! Dont drop your shoulder. Dont be an Abul when it comes to catching or fielding. Always, expect the unexpected. Anticipation is the key. Goes for all BD fielders and catchers.

Gazi baba, mukh bondho kore chalie jao. Guru Saqlainer cheye bhalo stats target koro. Tumi parbe, inshaallah. As for Lala, C'mon Senor! Youre the oldest citizen of the side. Noone should remind you about not bowling on the leg or bowling hit-me-ball each over. Keep it tight...create pressure. You have done it before and you MUST do it now as Shakib is absent.

Ashraful tumi ghore boshe TV te tumar shagreder khela dekho.

BanCricFan
November 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
Sarcasm pom gana?

roman
November 30, 2012, 03:36 PM

Yes bro, it was :)

Shubho
November 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
Until we string together several consecutive wins against G8 opponents, the naysayers will continue to attribute an asterisk to every victory of the BD national team. They'll dig up any excuse to denigrate our achievements. Either we didn't face a full-strength team, or our opponents had food poisoning, or they didn't care about the game, or we just got plain lucky, or aliens unfairly inserted 6-foot probes into the rear ends of our opponents (i.e. uppa de bumma).

Learn to ignore these douches, people.

Nadim
November 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
windisfan, our team also nowhere near full strength too. No Ash, No Rok, No nazza, No SN...don't know what ur smoking. if we had them, you would have lose by 10 wickets wickets today.

roman
November 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
This is a 5 match series and some of us are dreaming about Banglawash.That's odd.

We have a tendency to go from glory to dust. We are still 2 wins away from winning this series. Wi had one bad day, but to think that they will have 4 more bad days is little too much IMO.

M.H.Rubel
November 30, 2012, 04:10 PM

Agreed. Probably this is the strongest W I team in last 6/7 years.

Nadim
November 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
"It is a soft dismissal. But that's the way it is, I was just trying to play to the situation. If I get the same ball tomorrow, I will try to play the same shot as well. This time it will go to Dhaka."-Pollard
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-west-indies-2012/content/current/story/594517.html
:floor: matha nosto hoia geche ei danob er. khali chapa!

MyRoom
November 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
We win this series 5-0 unlikely but just for the sake of it, we'll go above West Indies in the ranking table. Also winning this series by whatever margin 3-2, 4-1 or 5-0, Bangladesh will have made a point they deserve to play all their future ODI series in a maximum of 5 or more games instead of the customary 3.

RazabQ
November 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'd rather play 3 tests and 3 ODIs than 2 Tests and 5 ODIs

BengaliPagol
November 30, 2012, 06:48 PM

He might thought it's a three match series!

Is it a crime to be optimistic?

Antora
November 30, 2012, 07:09 PM
BANGLAWASH CHAI :D or just a series win would do it :P * yeah, I know, too optimistic*

C'mon Bangladesh :D

As usual, Gazi will once again get his bunny ;)

Roey Haque
November 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
I see too many people writing off WI. The principle reason for us winning the match was all the catches we took. Drop Gayle or any other batsmen, and they will make you pay! Gayle alone can score a team back into winning contention.

So yes, in a way, we should be confident in the sense that only Bd can defeat Bd. keep up the great fielding, and we should have a chance at this series.

shuziburo
November 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
BD dropped one catch and almost paid. Fielding is one area completely under your control.

Zunaid
November 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
Plase edit #1 add useful info for members - we rely on it.

Such as coverage, commentary, etc. Funny cat pictures are optional.

shuziburo
November 30, 2012, 08:38 PM
Added the most rudimentary info. If someone can add more, great. Otherwise, I'll try when I have a few minutes.

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 10:07 PM
I think Thomas is a better overall player compared to Ramdin honestly. His stats might not show it but I believe he'll be a more consistent player. Also Charles is still not a key part of the team. He's got talent no doubt but is still very inconsistent. You can make a case for Bravo but even then I think Russell is the better player. Bravo is a very inconsistent player.

So I don't really see you guys missing any key players really. All your best players played.

LOL excuse me are you really trying to tell a WEST INDIES FAN what our best odi team is? :floor: the facts don't lie, they all played in our last series win against NZ and also two of them played when we drew with Australia, who with all due respect are a better team than Bangladesh.

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
Hello, making excuses is our old traditions after loosing the game.. Nice to see WI also following our footmark..
Hoping for a BanglaWASH.:flag:.. Be ready for more lame excuase like "Not playing the full strength XI..Againn" ....

"Excuses"? nope, we were crap and deserved to lose, but if the Tigers fans think we're gonna lay down and die then please keep that attitude, it was a party in here on the 4th day of the first test too!!!.. and we all know what happened next.......

OMG
November 30, 2012, 10:18 PM
Great win...but history teaches us, we win one and then lose a few. So im expecting next one to be a loss. Tamim will not fire, top.order collapse...debutants will fail and mushfiq will say what he normally says after a loss.

I really hope im wrong!!

WindieFan
November 30, 2012, 10:18 PM
windisfan, our team also nowhere near full strength too. No Ash, No Rok, No nazza, No SN...don't know what ur smoking. if we had them, you would have lose by 10 wickets wickets today.

I didn't say Bangladesh was at full strength, i merely corrected someone who was insisting that our team was the best one, which is clearly isn't as we're missing three players.

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
LOL excuse me are you really trying to tell a WEST INDIES FAN what our best odi team is? :floor: the facts don't lie, they all played in our last series win against NZ and also two of them played when we drew with Australia, who with all due respect are a better team than Bangladesh.

I have a right to my opinion too don't I? Doesn't matter if I'm a BD fan. I have my opinion and you have yours.

iDumb
November 30, 2012, 10:24 PM

In ODI, NZ is hardly better than us. In that case, same can be said abt WI, they are a better team. just on historical paper.

whether it is a full strength wi team or not, i think you are underestimating the Bangaldesh ODI team in their own back yard. We actually expect to win against most teams in this format. Test and T20 is a different story.

Night_wolf
November 30, 2012, 10:26 PM
I didn't say Bangladesh was at full strength, i merely corrected someone who was insisting that our team was the best one, which is clearly isn't as we're missing three players.

Lol we are missing our best batsman,best bowler,best fielder put together..Thats 3 players too

Night_wolf
November 30, 2012, 10:28 PM
I doubt this guy is from WI at all...He is acting like a South Asian..Just like US!!(Ind,pak,BD,SL)

Tiger444
November 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
I don't think this is necessary. I think he underestimates bd's strength in ODI that's all. Just like he thinks you don't know wi too well, he doesn't know bd too well either.

Sorry but I think it is necessary. To think I can't say anything about his team just because I'm a BD fan just shows how much of an idiot this guy is.

iDumb
November 30, 2012, 10:59 PM
It doesn't hurt to be a bit more polite with your message. I agree, you don't have to be wi fan to make comments on wi. I was gonna report you but decided against it as it's WindieFan's job, and how he takes your message.

Remember your team just won, got the result, be humble. Defense with words are usually for the losing side, just like we been doing for years.

Dilscoop
November 30, 2012, 11:08 PM
So West Indies can't even field their best 11? What a worthless team and management.

We are only missing one player. Even that guy played through injury during the Test series. We think WI is so pathetic that we decided to rest him so he can get his surgery out of the way.

There happy? Justified?

boka
November 30, 2012, 11:40 PM
Anyhow, lets hope Tammoto will stop throwing his wicket after getting to a 50. Seriously, if this lad stay on the wicket until the 40th over could easily get double tons...instead of these cameos. Although, it was his onslaught today that derailed the Windies. They simply had no answers to the Tammoto Assault.

For the next match, would love to see much improved footworks from the youngster Anamal. There is no alternative to sound footworks in cricket if one to be successful in the long run. The freaks are just exceptions. The catches must be taken and support the pacers when they create precious chances. It seems Nasir has very little concentration span, too. Missed couple of certain Test tons by throwing his wicket. Mushfiq could be a little out of form. He could allow Momin bat before him. As for Nayeema...chaliey jao!

Mullah, field for the other bowlers as if your own bowling. Abul, you da man! Dont drop your shoulder. Dont be an Abul when it comes to catching or fielding. Always, expect the unexpected. Anticipation is the key. Goes for all BD fielders and catchers.

Gazi baba, mukh bondho kore chalie jao. Guru Saqlainer cheye bhalo stats target koro. Tumi parbe, inshaallah. As for Lala, C'mon Senor! Youre the oldest citizen of the side. Noone should remind you about not bowling on the leg or bowling hit-me-ball each over. Keep it tight...create pressure. You have done it before and you MUST do it now as Shakib is absent.

Ashraful tumi ghore boshe TV te tumar shagreder khela dekho.

[বাংলা]ভালা ভালা কথার ফাকে এইখান কি ঢুইক্কাগেল ?!!:o [/বাংলা]

ialbd
November 30, 2012, 11:52 PM
lets take a 2-0 lead back to Dhaka inshAllah...

go Tigers !!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/63112_556741357675439_34417662_n.jpg

[Shared from facebook group: Cricket Bangladesh]

Dilscoop
December 1, 2012, 12:29 AM
^ Copyright infringement

cricbook
December 1, 2012, 12:46 AM
lets take a 2-0 lead back to Dhaka inshAllah...

go Tigers !!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/63112_556741357675439_34417662_n.jpg

[Shared from facebook group: Cricket Bangladesh]

what a beautiful picture it is.....she is a really cute dolly baby....yes baby...we r winning the 2nd one....if luck favoure, banglawash......:):flag:

Tiger Manc
December 1, 2012, 01:30 AM
If it was a "Near full-strength West Indies side", then what would be the complete full-strength side? Who are missing? If this was the "near full-strength WI team", then what would be BD where there were 4 new comers, and no Shakib? BD U10?

I mentioned this in another thread. The only player I see missing is Dwayne Bravo. Can't think of any other player that would make the team. But hello we were missing Shakib and he has a bigger impact on our performance than Bravo. Disappointed he described the team as 'near full strength' it felt as if he didn't want to give us credit and we just fluked it.

TamimFan
December 1, 2012, 01:46 AM
Great win...but history teaches us, we win one and then lose a few. So im expecting next one to be a loss. Tamim will not fire, top.order collapse...debutants will fail and mushfiq will say what he normally says after a loss.

I really hope im wrong!!

Omg!! Dude our team is in winning streak,
we have won 3 out of last 4.
InshaAllah Tigers will prove you wrong! :-)

TamimFan
December 1, 2012, 02:09 AM

'we also missed our rock/wall Roqibul'
hahahahahahahahahahahaha bhaiya you beauty hahaha

Night_wolf
December 1, 2012, 03:29 AM
if shakib was with this team i would have jumed for banglawash..but i dont think without shakib this team can sustain the positive moral for that long..if the series results in 3-2 in favour of the windies with the last match being the series decider i would say well done team

Dilscoop
December 1, 2012, 03:33 AM
@ialbd, lol I didn't mean you had to put the img source. I was talking about that link at the bottom of the pic. It looks like someone took that pic and put their link on it or something.

wktkeeper
December 1, 2012, 04:27 AM
I think its the best time for BD to focus more on team performance rather than relying on 1/2 players all the time. we are with Sir Ash's Eid days and now its time for give some rest to Tamim and shakib. we have to believe that we can win without their performances. then and only then, we can have regular winning habit and positive moral across the dressing room.

BANFAN
December 1, 2012, 04:54 AM
It doesn't hurt to be a bit more polite with your message. I agree, you don't have to be wi fan to make comments on wi. I was gonna report you but decided against it as it's WindieFan's job, and how he takes your message.

Remember your team just won, got the result, be humble. Defense with words are usually for the losing side, just like we been doing for years.

:up::up: agree to this.

It's quiet irritating to see all BD fan's arrogance all over the Internet after each win...everyone wants to change opinion of others by force. ...

Cricket_Blog
December 1, 2012, 05:02 AM
The First ODI was Fantastic even if I have Missed Shakib, I miss him for the second ODI so sad, I wish Tamim to Blast as usual like BOOM BOOM TAMIM. Wishing all the Best to BD team.

deshimon
December 1, 2012, 05:45 AM
This ODI won't be easy. Windies will try to come back strongly. They won't want same mistake again. This match will be so hard for us. So BD should play more carefully.

TamimFan
December 1, 2012, 07:36 AM
The First ODI was Fantastic even if I have Missed Shakib, I miss him for the second ODI so sad, I wish Tamim to Blast as usual like BOOM BOOM TAMIM. Wishing all the Best to BD team.

dude Its 'TORNADO TAMIM' Not BOOM BOOM Tamim pleaseee!!
Boom boom is Afridi's Tag.

Tiger Manc
December 1, 2012, 07:55 AM
The last odi was the 3rd time the top 3 batsmen scored 40 or above. The other occasions were against Zimbabwe in Dhaka 1999 and against Ireland in Dhaka 2008.

BANFAN
December 1, 2012, 09:58 AM

Well said...

Please invent something new if you like....it's so attached to Afridi...don't like to see it being attached to our players or team....sounds so cheap...

shuziburo
December 1, 2012, 10:04 AM
Hopefully, Tamim will convert his 50 into a 100 this match, after he scores his 50.

OMG
December 1, 2012, 11:51 AM

Never hear d anyone use 'TORNADO TAMIM' yet. Someone should make a thread for good nicknames for the players. 'Tornado Tamim' doesn't seem catchy enough. I would suggest 'TAMINATOR' LOL

Tiger444
December 1, 2012, 11:54 AM
Never hear d anyone use 'TORNADO TAMIM' yet. Someone should make a thread for good nicknames for the players. 'Tornado Tamim' doesn't seem catchy enough. I would suggest 'TAMINATOR' LOL

I like the Taminator one. Pretty clever stuff

mali007
December 1, 2012, 11:56 AM
I will suggest "TAMIM , THE TERMINATOR" !!

OMG
December 1, 2012, 12:02 PM
I like the Taminator one. Pretty clever stuff

I can almost hear a full capacity crowd chanting '..TAMINATOR TAMINATOR!! Its easy to say in our deshi accents too.

Rabz
December 1, 2012, 12:17 PM
Toss will be the biggest factor.
Win toss, bowl first.

bd fan
December 1, 2012, 12:20 PM

:floor: You must be joking, ash, rokibul, nazimuddin and SN are our worst players. :lol:

P.S: Sorry if you were being sarcastic

BANFAN
December 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
Win toss, bowl first.

I think even WI will chose batting first...:)

al Furqaan
December 1, 2012, 01:08 PM
Win toss, bowl first.

Disagree. Bat first put up 250+ the. Choke em out with tight bowling. Pitch has no demons and the Windies got themselves out for 199 in the first game. Gayle babu dawat e ashle 300 kono bepari na

al Furqaan
December 1, 2012, 01:14 PM
"Excuses"? nope, we were crap and deserved to lose, but if the Tigers fans think we're gonna lay down and die then please keep that attitude, it was a party in here on the 4th day of the first test too!!!.. and we all know what happened next.......

Well Windiefan. All the big names are a check. We played minus our best batsman our best bowler and had four rookies in. You may have beaten NZ but they didnt have Vettori did they? Well weve beaten them 4-0 with him

simon
December 1, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well Windiefan. All the big names are a check. We played minus our best batsman our best bowler and had four rookies in. You may have beaten NZ but they didnt have Vettori did they? Well weve beaten them 4-0 with him

a full strength NZ without Tamim.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

MyRoom
December 1, 2012, 01:42 PM
If Bangladesh bat first then they need to rack up more than 275 and if Bangladesh are bowling first then they need to keep West Indies below 300 otherwise it will be a tough ask to chase a score of more than 300 considering we have done it a very few times in ODI Cricket.

Rabz
December 1, 2012, 02:33 PM
I think even WI will chose batting first...:)

Disagree. Bat first put up 250+ the. Choke em out with tight bowling. Pitch has no demons and the Windies got themselves out for 199 in the first game. Gayle babu dawat e ashle 300 kono bepari na

Winter morning, enough dew on the pitch.
Last game we did so well because the pitch was helpful to bowlers for first hour and both Mash and Raju could extract that help, which is why even guys like Gayle was subdued and was made to work for runs.

If our batsman face WI bowlers, the match could well be over in that one hour of the day.
I hope not.

WarWolf
December 1, 2012, 02:42 PM
Go tigers go! Make us proud!

mali007
December 1, 2012, 02:45 PM
Last ODI we won due to :
1. Discipline bowling by our openinig pairs in the 1st 10 overs.
2. Intelligent bowling by the spinners.
3 . Good fielding , specially magnificient catches of Tamim, Mahmudullah and Naeem.
4. Good batting order ( Did not give walking wickets like SN, JN, NZ.).
I will suggest to bowl 1st. and keep the same eleven .

MyRoom
December 1, 2012, 03:06 PM
Is it just me or does most Bangladesh fans want to see Tamim get a 100 for once? 50s are getting boring from him now.

Tiger Manc
December 1, 2012, 03:22 PM

on top of that naeem came back into the team after a long time.

MohammedC
December 1, 2012, 03:39 PM
Is it just me or does most Bangladesh fans want to see Tamim get a 100 for once? 50s are getting boring from him now.

It has to be hundred. He does not have sixth finger in his hand. The new count starts with hundred.

One

shuziburo
December 1, 2012, 03:56 PM
If Bangladesh bat first then they need to rack up more than 275 and if Bangladesh are bowling first then they need to keep West Indies below 300 otherwise it will be a tough ask to chase a score of more than 300 considering we have done it a very few times in ODI Cricket.

If WI bats, we need to keep them below 250. This pitch, unlike the SBNS, does not look like a 300 pitch.

shuziburo
December 1, 2012, 03:58 PM

If he can score 50's this easily, he should be able to convert some to 100's. 50's don't do justice to his talent.

Dilscoop
December 1, 2012, 04:01 PM
What grinds my gears: when I read comments like "Yes Tigers Go Ahead"

UGGHHH! It makes no sense! It's not really a translation for "Tiger Tomra Agiya Cholo!" Also when I read the word "Ahead" in here or in CI, or some posters in the stands, I hear it in my old man's thick accent, which just makes it even worst!

I'm not getting enough sleep these days. This sem. is running too long.

shuziburo
December 1, 2012, 04:48 PM
What grinds my gears: when I read comments like "Yes Tigers Go Ahead"

UGGHHH! It makes no sense! It's not really a translation for "Tiger Tomra Agiya Cholo!" Also when I read the word "Ahead" in here or in CI, or some posters in the stands, I hear it in my old man's thick accent, which just makes it even worst!

I'm not getting enough sleep these days. This sem. is running too long.

The last two sentences explain your recent posts. I suggest that you take one gamla jhal-muri (emphasis on jhal) when watching the game. Take a week off completely after the semester.

MyRoom
December 1, 2012, 05:19 PM
I really hope one of our Bangladesh batsman scores a 100 tomorrow a big 100 shall I say because its a rarity for us. Amazed to see though that our senior players Tamim and Sakib have very poor conversion rates.

BengaliPagol
December 1, 2012, 06:38 PM
When is the last time a Bangladeshi batsmen scored a hundred? Ive been craving one for a very long time now.

Equinox
December 1, 2012, 06:45 PM
When is the last time a Bangladeshi batsmen scored a hundred? Ive been craving one for a very long time now.
Umm Abul? If you mean in ODIs then I think it was Nasir against Pakistan early this year/last year. Yeah it's been a while.

technocrews
December 1, 2012, 08:28 PM
I expect us to win comfortably again. West Indies are really weak against our spin.

vai bola jai na cause west indies doler kono believe nai , best of luck for BD :flag:

Night_wolf
December 1, 2012, 08:47 PM
It has to be hundred. He does not have sixth finger in his hand. The new count starts with hundred.

One

he has 2 hands..still 5 remaining..i wont mind 5 more conjugative 50s:)

NoName
December 1, 2012, 09:15 PM

Nasir is the last one to score a 100 in an ODI, it was against Pakistan.

Nadim
December 1, 2012, 09:36 PM