PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka's tour of Australia 2012-13

BengaliPagol
December 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
This will be an interesting test series. Im expecting to see a materclass batting from Sanga. But the headlining story has been about Phil Hughes. Will he step it up? He has been in very good form in Shield Cricket so he looks to be hungry to score runs.

Aussies Lineup (probable)
1. David Warner
2. Ed Cowan
3. Phillip Hughes
4. Shane Watson
5. Michael Clarke
6. Mike Hussey
7. Matthew Wade
8. Peter Siddle
9. James Pattinson
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Mitchell Starc/Ben Hilfenhaus

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
Interesting fact. At Blundstone Arena (Hobart) the highest 1st innnings FC total for this season has been 112 runs. Goes to show how grassy and quick the pitch is. But they are saying that the wicket is different for this match. Hobart has been known to be a batsmens nightmare.

Aussies have won the toss and they will bat first. Interesting to see how Hughesy will go.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mitchell Starc has come in for Pattinson

Australia 1 Ed Cowan, 2 David Warner, 3 Phillip Hughes, 4 Shane Watson, 5 Michael Clarke (capt), 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Matthew Wade (wk), 8 Peter Siddle, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Ben Hilfenhaus, 11 Nathan Lyon.

Sri Lanka 1 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 2 Dimuth Karunaratne, 3 Kumar Sangakkara, 4 Mahela Jayawardene (capt), 5 Thilan Samaraweera, 6 Angelo Mathews, 7 Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), 8 Nuwan Kulasekara, 9 Rangana Herath, 10 Shaminda Eranga, 11 Chanaka Welegedara.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/engine/current/match/573011.html

Watch out for the the new kid on the block Dimuth Karunaratne.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Lots of talk abt Michael Clarke. Should he bat at #3? The earlier Aussies get him into the game the better. Rob Quiney is a natural opener but batted at #3 for the Aussies and did very poorly. Same story for Phil Hughes. Will he show his true colours? The top order hasnt been performing upto the task so a big challenge ahead of the Aussies.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cowan dropped in the slips cordon of the second ball off the day! If Matthews caught that it would have been a screamer.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:37 PM
Ball movement. Uneven bounce on the pitch. Ball will look to seam off the pitch. Aussies have to be wary at this early stage of the game. Man i wish these type of pitches available for the Bangladesh domestic teams.

MyRoom
December 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
3-0 to Australia just watch. Kumar is definitely NOT the best batsman in the world, its Hashim Amla who averages more than 50 in both ODIs and Tests.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:45 PM
Sangakarra is still a class test batsmen. ODI and T20 isnt neccesarily his best format. Amla averages 5 less than Sanga in tests.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
OUT! Cowan went to pull and top edged it to short mid on.

1/18

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Crunch time for Phil Hughes.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
Boundary for Hughes. Nice looking cut shot which stayed low. Went towards the third man area for 4.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
I agree with Matt W on CI commentary. This is the worst new ball attack that has landed in Australia for quite some time. Theres no one in the Lankan team to put some fire in the belly in the pace attack. Nuwan is more for consistency and is doing well. Welegedara is nothing special imo. But Sri Lanka dominate the middle period of the bowling innings when Herath comes more so than the opening innings of the game where there is no one with fiery pace.

al Furqaan
December 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
Interesting series? SL just lost at home to NZ of all teams. AUS smashed India 4-0 last year...SL will probably lose every test by an innings and 300. Its going to be a bloodbath if everything goes based on paper.

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 07:08 PM
Looking forward to Hughes's comeback here. No excuse for him this time to perform against a weak Lankans attack.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hughesy's last boundary was a cracking shot. The ball was touch short outside off and he slashed that thru the covers. He is looking the goods. Seems to not be tempted with the balls outside off. Good batting so far.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Interesting series? SL just lost at home to NZ of all teams. AUS smashed India 4-0 last year...SL will probably lose every test by an innings and 300. Its going to be a bloodbath if everything goes based on paper.

Yes but Aussies top order has been a suspect of recent times. If Sri Lanka can get past the top order and rattle Clarke then the series might be up in the air considering if Sanga plays well. He enjoys batting in Aussie conditions.

And also we have to see how Aussies handle Herath.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
12th over and Angelo Matthews is already into the attack?

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 07:41 PM
Man the class Hughes possesses is just unbelievable. Had the coaches not tried to change him, he'd be 1 of the best young batsmen right now in the world. Really hope that he can succeed at this level and I'm sure he will as well

I see readers already calling for Cowan's head. He'll always be under pressure with Khawaja waiting in the wings, as soon as Cowan stops scoring runs, I see Khawaja replacing him. I see both Hughes and Khawaja being great batsmen at this level.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:46 PM
I see both Hughes and Khawaja being great batsmen at this level.

I share the same vision as you. :)

At some point Cowan will be dropped and i see Warner and Hughes as opening partners with Khawaja to come in at #3.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
Will Australia win this series 2-0 or 3-0 ? Sri lanka has yet to win a test match in Australia and has only won 1 test match against Australia in over 30 years!!!

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
By watching him bat its evident that Hughes has tinkered with his technique. He seems much more comfortable out in the middle. Sri Lanka gotta test him with a couple of short deliveries.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
Man the class Hughes possesses is just unbelievable. Had the coaches not tried to change him, he'd be 1 of the best young batsmen right now in the world. Really hope that he can succeed at this level and I'm sure he will as well

I see readers already calling for Cowan's head. He'll always be under pressure with Khawaja waiting in the wings, as soon as Cowan stops scoring runs, I see Khawaja replacing him. I see both Hughes and Khawaja being great batsmen at this level.

Totally with you, specially Hughes. You have a good cricketing eye :up:

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 07:51 PM
I share the same vision as you. :)

At some point Cowan will be dropped and i see Warner and Hughes as opening partners with Khawaja to come in at #3.

I see that happening as well. Even though Cowan just hit a century, I see him being nothing but a stop gap. Good player no doubt but I feel Khawaja and Hughes are special talents

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
Totally with you, specially Hughes. You have a good cricketing eye :up:

Thanks for the compliment bhai. You have a good cricketing eye as well

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 07:58 PM
Hughes is playing the flick shot so comfortably. If Warner scores a 50 i can almost guarantee that he wil convert it to a hundred, he has one of the best conversion rates in test cricket as a batsmen.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
I see that happening as well. Even though Cowan just hit a century, I see him being nothing but a stop gap. Good player no doubt but I feel Khawaja and Hughes are special talents

There is certainly something special abt Khawaja/Hughes. Khawaja has that technique and temperament to hang in the middle no matter what the situation is. He is that type of player who can play in any conditions and can get the team out of trouble. Hughes has that uncanny ability to rack up big scores and can really trouble bowlers when he is on song.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the compliment bhai. You have a good cricketing eye as well

haha what about my other eye? Oops, I made the same mistake too. lol

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 08:03 PM
Hughes is playing the flick shot so comfortably. If Warner scores a 50 i can almost guarantee that he wil convert it to a hundred, he has one of the best conversion rates in test cricket as a batsmen.

Wish our Tamim can learn from this and maybe in test cricket sometimes put away his "nasural game" when conditions are not ideal and open up later.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
You guys think we can win a test against Sri lanka? I think we have a good chance

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
There is certainly something special abt Khawaja/Hughes. Khawaja has that technique and temperament to hang in the middle no matter what the situation is. He is that type of player who can play in any conditions and can get the team out of trouble. Hughes has that uncanny ability to rack up big scores and can really trouble bowlers when he is on song.

That's the difference between those 2 and the rest of the young Aussie batsmen besides Warner. I feel the other young Aussie batsmen have a ways to go before they're ready for Test cricket.

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
You guys think we can win a test against Sri lanka? I think we have a good chance

It would be an interesting series. The SL seamers are far less threatening compared to the WI seamers. So in that way we shouldn't have a problem. Herath, however, is far better than Narine for Tests.

SL is heavily reliant on Sanga, Jaya, and Dilshan. So the key would be take their wickets early and if we do that, I feel we have a good chance.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
SL is heavily reliant on Sanga, Jaya, and Dilshan. So the key would be take their wickets early and if we do that, I feel we have a good chance.

I think Nazmul can take care of all of them :)

Brings back the Asia Cup memories :flag:

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hughes looks to be cautious. Nerves probably kicking in. Australia going steady. Warner looks comfortable and is eyeing on a big score.

90/1

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 08:27 PM
^thats if he plays though. I see Rubel and Abul being our pacers against SL

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 08:34 PM
Brainfarted running costs the wicket of warner

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Warner throws it away. Should've scored a century today. It was there for the taking.

KaaL-PurusH
December 13, 2012, 09:15 PM

Dont forget samaraweera. He is so good at home

al Furqaan
December 13, 2012, 09:19 PM

If NZ can, in theory we should. Granted NZ have won tests away against AUS and SL - which even teams like India would struggle to do at their peaks...but I think the difference between current NZ side and ours is belief and experience of winning. Although the current NZ team might win only as often as we do, they still come from a winning tradition going back decades.

SL's core is all 35+ so it will remain to be seen if we can exploit that with our perennial juvenile bunch.

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 09:31 PM
Dont forget samaraweera. He is so good at home

Yup he's a very good batsman as well. Matthews and Chandimal are also very good

Tiger444
December 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
If NZ can, in theory we should. Granted NZ have won tests away against AUS and SL - which even teams like India would struggle to do at their peaks...but I think the difference between current NZ side and ours is belief and experience of winning. Although the current NZ team might win only as often as we do, they still come from a winning tradition going back decades.

SL's core is all 35+ so it will remain to be seen if we can exploit that with our perennial juvenile bunch.

Also NZ is a side that despite not being the most talented, they're tough as nails. They'll never give in without putting up a fight. This is why they're such a well respected side.

SL, IMO is the same way. Despite not having the huge populations that Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan have, they've been able to develop such quality players and teams over the years.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 09:54 PM
What the hell happened to Watson of 2010/11 (batting)? He was an utter beast during that time both odi and even tests with the bat. He needs to start playing his natural game.

BrianLara7
December 13, 2012, 09:56 PM

If we manage to have a decent seamer in our lineup then we can really test SL out. That's the reason NZ were able to beat them, I back Gazi/ Shakib to do real damage to SL batting too.

BengaliPagol
December 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
What the hell happened to Watson of 2010/11 (batting)? He was an utter beast during that time both odi and even tests with the bat. He needs to start playing his natural game.

Back then Watson was the opener. In 2010/11 he also regained full fitness because he was in an injury cloud prior to that and so he was able to play his best cricket. At this present time he has just came back from injury and isnt opener anymore so he has to adjust his game. I think these factors has lead him to losing his 2010/11 form. He just needs to find his confidence and he should be fine. He is also learning the role of a #4 batsmen.

BengaliPagol
December 14, 2012, 01:35 AM
You know your safe when Hussey/Clarke are in the middle.

NoName
December 14, 2012, 02:22 AM
SL's bowling line-up makes me cry.

NoName
December 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
No century in the last two innings by Clarke? Surely he is out of form.

Gowza
December 14, 2012, 08:11 PM
eranga is a pretty decent bowler.

firstlane
December 14, 2012, 11:00 PM
Chanel 9 is showing a 1999 test match between pak vs aus. what a bowling attack pak had at that time- wasim, waqar, shoaib, saqlain, azhar!

BengaliPagol
December 15, 2012, 12:26 AM
By the looks of things this Karunaratne guy looks like a good player. As the commies said how he plays the flick shot is almost reminiscent to how Sanga plays.

Good attacking mindset by Clarke to declare.

Zeeshan
December 16, 2012, 07:50 PM
DAvid Warner is a badaaa

Zeeshan
December 16, 2012, 07:55 PM
Disagree that it's unfair. Deal with it. (re: switch)

Zeeshan
December 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
out...warner is out....

Tiger444
December 16, 2012, 08:07 PM
Warner has missed out on 2 centuries in this match. I'm sure with time he'll get better at converting.

Zeeshan
December 16, 2012, 08:16 PM
Cowan can't go on...

Tiger444
December 16, 2012, 08:38 PM
SL have their work cut out for them. They have to bowl Australia out as much as they can

cricheart
December 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
Srilanka missing Malinga greatly here, Aussies will take 400+ lead easily.

al-Sagar
December 16, 2012, 11:11 PM
Aussies now lead by 392 runs ..... 1 wicket left and 4 sessions left in the game.

its tea break and Aussies may declare during tea.

SL have 4 sessions to survive now

zsayeed
December 16, 2012, 11:27 PM
Aussies now lead by 392 runs ..... 1 wicket left and 4 sessions left in the game.

its tea break and Aussies may declare during tea.

SL have 4 sessions to survive now

i thought they already declared.

Zeeshan
December 16, 2012, 11:38 PM
Dilshan is a badaaa

Zeeshan
December 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
Sri Lanka require another 355 runs with 9 wickets remaining

BengaliPagol
December 17, 2012, 12:49 AM
Sanga dropped! Clarke missed a sitter.

Everything was going well for the Aussies when Warner/Cowan had a 100+ partnership. And then it fell apart after Warner got out. Unlucky for Clarke to retire hurt. He was going so well.

Game is on the balance. Anyone can win it now.

BrianLara7
December 17, 2012, 01:16 AM
Sanga dropped! Clarke missed a sitter.

Everything was going well for the Aussies when Warner/Cowan had a 100+ partnership. And then it fell apart after Warner got out. Unlucky for Clarke to retire hurt. He was going so well.

Game is on the balance. Anyone can win it now.

:floor: Sorry bro but I have more chance of climbing MT. everest than Lanka chasing 400 in Australia. They have only chased upto 35 in last 20 years outside Sub continent and yet to win a single test in Australia.

BrianLara7
December 17, 2012, 01:17 AM
Australia been really below their standard this test specially with the ball.. should have blown Sri lanka out of the water. Sri lanka are even worse than India outside home.

Sohel
December 17, 2012, 01:38 AM
Mahela and Sanga will have to pull off another epic partnership to give Sri Lanka the theoretical chance to win a match that simply cannot be saved. Won't happen against Australia, rebuilding or not, but intriguing possibility nonetheless as long as the Lankans have wickets in hand.

deshimon
December 17, 2012, 04:56 AM
It seems this match will get result. Sri Lanka need 328 runs which is not impossible but so tough on 5th day.

Nadim
December 17, 2012, 04:59 AM
Australia could have easily got 600+ in the first innings, and then would have had a chance to beat them by an innings...but they declared on 450..wtf???
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Tiger444
December 17, 2012, 09:18 AM
Somebody on SL will have to pull off a Faf du Plessis here. Looks unlikely however. The Aussies should end up winning this.

MyRoom
December 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
We will be playing Sri Lanka next so its important we keep our eye on them.

zsayeed
December 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
Australia could have easily got 600+ in the first innings, and then would have had a chance to beat them by an innings...but they declared on 450..wtf???
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

I think it had to do with Hilfenhaus' condition and the grueling the aus pacers took with SA.

al-Sagar
December 17, 2012, 11:26 PM
Somebody on SL will have to pull off a Faf du Plessis here. Looks unlikely however. The Aussies should end up winning this.

looks like samaraweera trying to do the job.

SL are 180/4 in 90 overs ..... very slow going but thats what they need to do stay in the crease. sanga consumed 200+ deliveries for a score of 60+

now samaraweera 37 of 100 and mathews 7 of 43 have hung in there for 14 overs now and another 40 days to go for the day.

a draw will be a remarkable achievement for SL

Zeeshan
December 17, 2012, 11:32 PM
dhaka mention korlo bole mone hoy

Zeeshan
December 17, 2012, 11:33 PM
lol commies arguing abt anatomy terms :lol:

Antora
December 17, 2012, 11:43 PM
Looool. Wade bowling! :D

zsayeed
December 17, 2012, 11:45 PM
Brydon Coverdale @brydoncoverdale
There can't be many people who have bowled their first ball in first-class cricket in a Test match. Matthew Wade has just done so.

Tiger444
December 17, 2012, 11:45 PM
looks like samaraweera trying to do the job.

SL are 180/4 in 90 overs ..... very slow going but thats what they need to do stay in the crease. sanga consumed 200+ deliveries for a score of 60+

now samaraweera 37 of 100 and mathews 7 of 43 have hung in there for 14 overs now and another 40 days to go for the day.

a draw will be a remarkable achievement for SL

For sure. If they can keep their nerve and draw this match out, it would be great for SL. They've already shown more fight than India did against the Aussies.

Tiger444
December 17, 2012, 11:46 PM
Sadly, I think Wade bowls faster than our Nazmul

zsayeed
December 17, 2012, 11:47 PM
132 > sharapova

Tiger444
December 17, 2012, 11:48 PM
132 > sharapova

Yes and he's faster than our beloved Shahadat

zsayeed
December 17, 2012, 11:52 PM
Yes and he's faster than our beloved Shahadat

and line thik, no over step and easy on the ears!

Tiger444
December 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
I don't think we're the only team gunning for Wade. India would probably make him the spearhead of their attack :lol:

al-Sagar
December 18, 2012, 12:48 AM
two crucial wickets for Aussies as Samaraweera and mathews both gone .....

27 overs to go

zsayeed
December 18, 2012, 01:13 AM
Sri Lanka's team management has expressed concerns over footage that it believes shows Peter Siddle tampering with the ball in Sri Lanka's first innings.http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/content/current/story/597533.html

the funny thing is the ball started reversing in 12th over today after 2nd new ball. comms say rough pitch!

BrianLara7
December 18, 2012, 01:46 AM
Fast bowler injuries have really hurt Australia this year. They lost the SA series because Pattinson was injured during 2nd match and couldn't bowl, so they could only take 8 wickets and SA drew the game. Even in this match Hilfenhaus couldnt bowl thats why SL have survived for so long... Main Aus attack would have destroyed Lanka long time ago.

zsayeed
December 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
long season left.. ind...ashes.
tampering evidence seems like aus is desperate. and i saw the ball reverse in 12th over! i speculate he did it again today.

BrianLara7
December 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
long season left.. ind...ashes.
tampering evidence seems like aus is desperate. and i saw the ball reverse in 12th over! i speculate he did it again today.

Any evidence of ball tampering so far? Siddle is innocent till proven guilty.

BengaliPagol
December 18, 2012, 03:18 AM
Good win by the aussies.

BengaliPagol
December 18, 2012, 03:20 AM
Missed seeing Wade bowl. :(

Who was keeping at that time?

Jadukor
December 18, 2012, 03:53 AM
good win by the Aussies. After the workout South Africa gave to the Australian batsman and bowlers, facing the Sri Lankans should become relatively easy. Too bad Ponting had to play against Steyn and co... I am sure he would have fancied this attack.

deshprem
December 18, 2012, 04:20 AM

phil Hughes

BengaliPagol
December 18, 2012, 04:51 AM
Just watched a clip of Wade bowling. Good pace but was bowling way too short. But the line wasnt too bad. LOL Wade could spearhead the SL pace attack if he wanted to.

al Furqaan
December 18, 2012, 05:53 AM
early declaration by clarke kept the margin to a modest 137 runs (anything around 100 is small in Test cricket).

But rebuilding SL have already done better than India with all their superstars, LOL.

zsayeed
December 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Any evidence of ball tampering so far? Siddle is innocent till proven guilty.

ICC cleared him... but still can't believe ball reversing in its 12th over.

BrianLara7
December 18, 2012, 12:10 PM
ICC cleared him... but still can't believe ball reversing in its 12th over.

Ball reversing in 12th over? Are you confusing bowl swinging to reversing? And if we are gonna be suspicious of everyone regardless of proof then might as well consider everyone a cheater. Even the great Sachin was actually caught ball tampering.

zsayeed
December 18, 2012, 12:24 PM
Ball reversing in 12th over? Are you confusing bowl swinging to reversing? And if we are gonna be suspicious of everyone regardless of proof then might as well consider everyone a cheater. Even the great Sachin was actually caught ball tampering.

no, heard commentators get confused as well with one saying regular swing and the other saying reverse and then looking at the ball closely while pitching in replays. even though both sides looked simillar they found one side slightly more worn and it was reversing. this on sky.

And no I am not suspicious of everyone - saw a report on CI so there was some talk of it.

zsayeed
December 18, 2012, 12:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcwFYKN9eg

MyRoom
December 18, 2012, 06:23 PM
See how the Australian fast bowlers bowled? that's why we will always struggle in Test Cricket unless we sort our fast bowling out and create greener bouncy pitches so Bangladesh can be ranked high in all forms, the talent is there but stupid board is not doing anything about it.

zsayeed
December 19, 2012, 03:34 PM
quarantine from t20 for test players - a good lesson.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/content/current/story/597737.html#

perhaps a lesson in the elite status of tests in a way.

Ajfar
December 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
"It's really good to be almost there. There's no use of saying that you don't think of milestones. If you don't think of centuries, that's what you should be thinking of because that's what you want to do as a batsman, just like if you are a bowler, you want to take 300 wickets. Hopefully I will get beyond 10,000 as well."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/content/current/story/598429.html

He nailed that part. Every batsman's think about that stuff. But when journalists ask, some players pretends like they have no idea what the journalists are talking about.

BrianLara7
December 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
Damn, Sri lanka are a horrdendous team (specially in tests) outside Sri lanka. Won't be surprised if we manage to beat them in a test series on pitches that have something for the bowlers.

Nocturnal
December 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
Sri Lanka tour of Australia, 2nd Test: Australia v Sri Lanka at Melbourne, Dec 26-30, 2012

Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat
Sri Lanka 79/3 (25.0 ov)
Lunch - Day 1

10000 Test runs for Sanga!

Cricinfo:
Johnson to Sangakkara, FOUR, Test run #10000 brought up in style! Fires that full and wide outside off, he gets beside the line and drives wide of point, the fielders give up the chase. Gets a warm applause from the crowd. Shows his bat to salute them. What a moment. Well done KCS!
Interestingly Sangakkara brought up 10000 runs in exactly the same number of innings as Lara and Tendulkar - 195.

One World
December 25, 2012, 08:44 PM
Congratz to Sangakara!

BrianLara7
December 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
Man, Bcb is so retarded. If SL can get a 3 test series in Australia and even a boxing day test then why the hell can't we get even a 2 test series?

deshimon
December 25, 2012, 11:52 PM
Sri Lanka made only 156!

deshimon
December 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
When Sri Lanka batted it looked bowling pitch but now it becomes batting friendly.

MyRoom
December 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
@BrianLara7: Exactly! man, we can't even arrange a 3 match test series against Zimbabwe which we seriously need. We can't even add more fixtures against associate teams and covert some of our ODI series to 5 matches. This needs to be changed and we want more Cricket for Bangladesh instead of longs gaps.

BengaliPagol
December 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
Jackson Bird is just one of the many superstar pacers that Australia are uncovering with ease. Copeland, Hastings, Cutting, Coulter-Nile, Herrick, Hazlewood, McKay all have potential to be gun test match pacers. Australia are loaded.

There is also Hilfenhaus, Starc, Siddle, M. Johnson, Pattinson and Cummins to go with the other names.

NoName
December 27, 2012, 02:09 AM
What a monster this Clarke.

MyRoom
December 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
Can't believe it has been over 6 years since Bangladesh last played a test match against these Australians, something needs to be done because our ftp is terrible. Our Shakib, Tamim, Rahim who have played a long time now still yet to face these Kangaroos.

brockley
December 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
Any tour bangladesh organise australia will cancil,they haave done it twice without naming dates for a reply,you ar looking at 10 years without playing aussie in a test.Its been even longer since they played zimbabwe,it simply won't happen,australia won't play no 9 and 10.Sorry.

MyRoom
December 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
@brockley: But teams like New Zealand, Sri Lanka, India etc are not much different who also badly struggle against the top 3 teams now. What's the purpose of Cricket? because it seems restricted to a few countries such a weird sport and the way it is operated because in other sports i.e. Football which almost every country plays, you see a top team like Germany taking on a weaker team like Estonia all the time. A Germany v Estonia of Football is equivalent to i.e. South Africa v Fiji of a Cricket match. Hardly any countries play test Cricket no wonder crowds are dimmed with same boring old repeated matches. The coming back to back ashes series will destroy test Cricket.

al Furqaan
December 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Seriously, Bangladesh without Shakib could have given AUS a bigger run for their money than India did and SL are right now!

169-14 is pathetic for a top side when the opposition rolls 440 with ease.

BrianLara7
December 27, 2012, 08:31 PM
@brockley: But teams like New Zealand, Sri Lanka, India etc are not much different who also badly struggle against the top 3 teams now. What's the purpose of Cricket? because it seems restricted to a few countries such a weird sport and the way it is operated because in other sports i.e. Football which almost every country plays, you see a top team like Germany taking on a weaker team like Estonia all the time. A Germany v Estonia of Football is equivalent to i.e. South Africa v Fiji of a Cricket match. Hardly any countries play test Cricket no wonder crowds are dimmed with same boring old repeated matches. The coming back to back ashes series will destroy test Cricket.

Well from neutral point of view, no one wants to see a weak team playing 4/5 days of cricket. It's just not interesting. But if teams like Sri lanka can get 3 test series then we should be able to manage atleast 2. But then against atleast Sri lanka have won some tests in the past, we can't even win at home.

One World
December 27, 2012, 09:59 PM
Congratz to Clarke. That comes to mind, Ponting as head coach of BD?

Roni_uk
December 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
What the hell has gone with with Sri Lanka. It felt like they don't really wanna play this Test.
A Test match lasted on two and a half days. Pathetic... really pathetic. They might as well forfeit the dead rubber.

BrianLara7
December 27, 2012, 10:50 PM
What the hell has gone with with Sri Lanka. It felt like they don't really wanna play this Test.
A Test match lasted on two and a half days. Pathetic... really pathetic. They might as well forfeit the dead rubber.

Sri lanka (like India, Pak) sucks outside subcontinent. They are yet to win a single test in Australia

BengaliPagol
December 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
Sri Lanka produced a shocker of a test match. They simply cannot handle pace.

One World
December 28, 2012, 03:18 AM
The match report and the corresponding comments place a grim picture.
The performance is put into radar and no escape for veterans like Mahela and Sanga.
Perhaps, after Murali retirement team morale is down to zero specially in Aussie condition.

Sohel
December 28, 2012, 03:26 AM
Whenever Kumar and Mahela fail, neither can succeed all the time, Lanka crumbles. They aren't getting any younger and the Lankans haven't been able to find suitable young batsmen who can develop enough to replace them when they retire. Grim times ahead for the emerald islanders if they don't get it going on that front soon. Mathews and Chandimal have LONG ways to go before filling those shoes.

deshimon
December 28, 2012, 04:11 AM
Sri Lanka coolected only 103 runs in their second innings!

al-Sagar
January 4, 2013, 11:29 PM
mahela Jayawardene is playing his last test innings as captain

38 not out so far

al-Sagar
January 5, 2013, 12:09 AM
mahela into his 50 ....

can he double it ???

BengaliPagol
January 5, 2013, 12:54 AM
good to see Phillip Hughes making consistent runs.

Tiger444
January 5, 2013, 03:51 AM
Wade scores another century. I think Clarke awhile ago and Watson recently said something along the lines of Haddin being the better player lol. Pretty rude thing to say honestly and don't get the love for Haddin. Only 3 Test centuries for him and an average in the mid 30's in 43 tests. Not to mention he's 35 years old. Wade being only 24 already has 2 in 9 Tests with an average in the mid 40's. They should stop trying to talk Haddin and realize Wade is the present and the future

One World
January 5, 2013, 02:27 PM
That's Australia in Australia for you. Let the Ashes begin and we will see how it tilts.

BengaliPagol
January 5, 2013, 06:17 PM
I love how Wade bats. He is a classy batsmen.

Roni_uk
January 11, 2013, 06:12 AM
Defeat by 107 runs - Oh dear Sri Lanka!! Looking forward to our series against them.

BengaliPagol
January 11, 2013, 07:00 PM
People in Australia have been dissapointed with how the selectors picked an Australia A team to versue Sri Lanka. I would have much have wanted M. Hussey to exit international cricket in style. But this Aussie A team is as strong as the actual Aussie team imo because they still have pacers McKay, Johnson and Starc to spearhead the team. Phil Hughes is a better player in shorter formats and when Finch gets going he can really be another Dave Warner. Khawaja was unlucky to get out in that fashion but i have confidence that he make consistent scores. Bailey is a mainstay in ODIs and Dave Hussey is a freak. I reckon he is Michael Hussey in disguise.

Another leading topic is about Australia's wicket keepers. Matty Wade to me has shown he is a classy batsmen. Haddin might be a clean striker of the ball but he is too inconsistent with the bat. Wade isnt a great keeper so it leads to the fact of which one would you take.

BengaliPagol
January 12, 2013, 08:59 PM
Hope Khawaja can make some runs today. Very unfortunate to get out the way that he did last match. Finch should find his feet this match. Both superb cricketers.

Nocturnal
January 12, 2013, 10:40 PM
2nd ODI: Australia v Sri Lanka at Adelaide, Jan 13, 2013
Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to field
Match delayed by a wet outfield

Gowza
January 12, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hope Khawaja can make some runs today. Very unfortunate to get out the way that he did last match. Finch should find his feet this match. Both superb cricketers.

well khawaja has been dropped. silly imo, he's one of the most promising batsmen in the country, needs an extended run in the national team and he'll come good, he's a good prospect across all formats to.

Nocturnal
January 12, 2013, 10:58 PM
Match started
Australia 1/0 (0.3 ov)

Zeeshan
January 13, 2013, 01:13 AM
c c c eita ki australia....acha ora ki khelda dhula bhule geche?

BengaliPagol
January 13, 2013, 02:43 AM
Australia batted poorly. Nothing too mesmorising abt the pitch. Dubious how Khawaja is dropped after making his debut. Deserved another chance considering how he was dismissed.

One World
January 13, 2013, 02:54 AM
Australian selectors are showing excessive courage in team selections. Last 10 matches or so it seems they did not go to field without one debutant to the least.

Now, risking the team with almost C-level players with Srilanka with their prime 11 (only Sanga not there), was a gamble always to lose. Hope, they at least fill half their team with experienced decent record holders.

Another thought, why don't you risk such teams with BD? If Lions deserve the experiment, why not tigers :D. I am sure the match would be much interesting though not so pleasant a news for us fans.

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 04:08 AM
Exactly. Every time I check their score, I see new players in the Aus XI. They do t need 50 players in a year. 20 is enough
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BengaliPagol
January 13, 2013, 04:21 AM
Uzzie Khawaja shouldnt have been dropped after his first match...

deshimon
January 13, 2013, 06:21 AM
This is the result of excessive courage. I can't understand why they change the squad every day!

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 06:30 AM
Aus lost 18 odi's at home in last 5 yrs, and 8 of them were against the Lankans so not a upset
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BengaliPagol
January 13, 2013, 06:58 PM
After this series is finished they should do Aus A vs Aus B vs Aus C tri series to make the selectors feel good about themselves.

BengaliPagol
January 14, 2013, 01:32 AM
Clarke, Warner and Wade called back into the team. This makes it interesting. A bit surprised Haddin is dropped after saving the team from complete humiliation.

One World
January 14, 2013, 02:22 AM
After this series is finished they should do Aus A vs Aus B vs Aus C tri series to make the selectors feel good about themselves.
Well Said. :)

Gowza
January 14, 2013, 03:38 AM
Clarke, Warner and Wade called back into the team. This makes it interesting. A bit surprised Haddin is dropped after saving the team from complete humiliation.

haddin might be injured, has a hamstring strain and hughes kept in the last match.

Gowza
January 14, 2013, 05:27 PM
surprised nobody has commented on mckay's wicket, clearly no edge, given not out by the on field umpire, referred and then going through all the evidence there's nothing suggesting he actually was out, yet he was given out. probably would have changed the match very much but still it was very ridiculous.

BengaliPagol
January 14, 2013, 06:39 PM
^^yeah that was horrendous umpiring from the third umpire.

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:07 PM
Not watching the match but...........:floor:

Australia 26/4

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:14 PM
Kulu on fire!!!!

Five down!

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:18 PM
Six down. Kulu got five!!

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:33 PM
Furniture destroyed!

This time Separamadu Lasith Malinga

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:42 PM
God, if I ever played cricket as a bowler, it'd have to be like Malinga. So accurate and no hanky-panky of setting batsmen up with subsequent deliveries.

BengaliPagol
January 17, 2013, 11:43 PM
WTF is going on:facepalm:

This was meant to be closest to Australia's best team...

BANFAN
Disaster for Aus...8/38 ....hahah:)

Zeeshan
7/38

Malinga, folks! Hang on...

zsayeed
January 17, 2013, 11:44 PM
z man enjoying!

BengaliPagol
January 17, 2013, 11:44 PM
Another wicket :facepalm:

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:45 PM
"Not one Australian batsmen in double figures". -Commie (2013)

BengaliPagol
January 17, 2013, 11:46 PM
The game should be wrapped up in abt 2 hours.

BANFAN
January 17, 2013, 11:46 PM
I think all of them got 10/12 calls from BPL last night, so all have planned to get dropped from the series to fly .....:)

Zunaid
January 17, 2013, 11:47 PM
Even Ashraful's grandmother can bat better than the Australian team.

BANFAN
January 17, 2013, 11:48 PM
The game should be wrapped up in abt 2 hours.

Good, I was thinking how ill watch BPL....:) there is also Ind Eng coming up...

Tiger444
January 17, 2013, 11:49 PM
Unbelievable scenes here. People that are confident about our boys chances against the Lankans, nothing wrong in being confident and backing our guys, but this just shows how good and dangerous SL can really be

BengaliPagol
January 17, 2013, 11:50 PM
Gotta give credit to Kulasekara though. He is getting real good inswing and the ball is seaming in just enough to rattle the stumps.

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:50 PM
Unbelievable scenes here. People that are confident about our boys chances against the Lankans, nothing wrong in being confident and backing our guys, but this just shows how good and dangerous SL can really be

True; but seam conditions of the pitch is actually favoring them. Subcontinent ground would be different. :)

On topic: Countdown to 58!

BengaliPagol
January 17, 2013, 11:52 PM
Good, I was thinking how ill watch BPL....:) there is also Ind Eng coming up...

This match will end quicker than a T20 match...

Zeeshan
January 17, 2013, 11:53 PM
i want to cry...9 down

BANFAN
January 17, 2013, 11:53 PM
9/40....:)

BANFAN
January 17, 2013, 11:54 PM
This match will end quicker than a T20 match...

Haha...looks like :facepalm:

BANFAN
January 17, 2013, 11:56 PM
Going to be Australia's lowest ever total in a ODI ....

Tiger444
January 17, 2013, 11:58 PM
True; but seam conditions of the pitch is actually favoring them. Subcontinent ground would be different. :)

On topic: Countdown to 58!

That's true but even on our flat Mirpur pitch, the SL pacers rattled our batsmen. Only Tamim and Shakib played them comfortably. These SL pacers might not have the quickest bowlers, but they're clever and disciplined. This is extremely good swing bowling by them.

Zeeshan
January 18, 2013, 12:13 AM
lol crowd cheering Starc's double-figure run. :lol:

BengaliPagol
January 18, 2013, 12:16 AM
Crazy swing bowling by Kulasakera

zsayeed
January 18, 2013, 12:18 AM
power play naki?

BANFAN
January 18, 2013, 12:20 AM
Umpire finally Churi korlo....:(

BANFAN
January 18, 2013, 12:37 AM
Marginally avoided their lowest totallll:) 74/10
Very well played SL

zsayeed
January 18, 2013, 01:53 AM
& that's tea in the 3rd odi!

Nadim
January 18, 2013, 02:47 AM
Always rated kulu highly with the new ball. He is not pacy but at times his swing is just unplayable, so not surprised to see he is demolishing oz's
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Spiderman
January 18, 2013, 03:49 AM
So neither Australia nor Sri Lanka batsman can't play when the ball is swinging and they blame us the experts :)

deshimon
January 18, 2013, 05:33 AM
It seems Sri Lanka has found their way.

BengaliPagol
January 18, 2013, 06:50 AM
Kulasekara single handedly won Sri Lanka the game imo

Nadim
January 18, 2013, 10:42 AM
not happy with SL tho, how can they let OZ score 74 from 40-9 :facepalm:

NoName
January 18, 2013, 11:05 AM
Something must have been off with the pitch, SL winning by only 4 wickets chasing 74 shows it.

One World
January 18, 2013, 06:06 PM
Like that horrible BD-Zim game in Chittaong where BD won by 4/5 wickets.

BengaliPagol
January 20, 2013, 12:17 AM
The Aussies seem to to be struggling.

BengaliPagol
January 20, 2013, 12:19 AM
Right now Warner and Wade are the only hope for Australia to reach a decent total.

BengaliPagol
January 20, 2013, 12:32 AM
Warner given OUT! Given LBW and it was a shocking decision. He clearly edged that onto his pads. Sadly he had no reviews left so he couldn't review it.

BengaliPagol
January 20, 2013, 08:46 PM
i guess its far to say Aussies are screwed big time. And people are optimistic about beating Sri Lanka in their home ground...

BengaliPagol
January 27, 2013, 05:28 PM
Anyone see the ramp shot by Dilshan in the last T20 game? Went flying behind keeper.

MohammedC
January 27, 2013, 06:59 PM
You mean the "Dilscoop". Why are they calling it a ramp shot ? Yes I saw it and posted in on our FB page.

cricheart
January 28, 2013, 05:10 AM
Slogfest 60 runs came from last 5 overs, SL ended in 162 target to chase for the Aussies.

cricheart
January 28, 2013, 06:49 AM
Five overs have been lost due to rain, so Australia will have five more to bat. The revised target is 122. Australia need 62 off 30 balls.

Abid_Khan
January 28, 2013, 07:52 AM
Did anyone watch the ending? I never seen so Mahela so pissed off haha

Alien
January 28, 2013, 08:20 AM
He is an idiot. Should be fined for dragging his feet.

cricheart
January 28, 2013, 09:19 AM
Dramatic end with lot of ditching of pissed off vocals among Aussies & Silankan players there. Series ended in a pure sour incident here. 18 from last over was allways hard tast to achieve, SL were always in good control of the match, still wasted too time in pressure imo. 33 mins for last 5 over is definitely punishable. Anyway its good series win by Lankans, beating 5 consecutive t20s against Aussies atm.

Gowza
January 28, 2013, 03:12 PM
yeah sri lanka took too much time on last ball, might have been different had they bowled the ball earlier but 4 from the last 3 balls was always going to be tough.

BengaliPagol
January 28, 2013, 06:23 PM
Maxwell nearly pulled off a remarkable win. What a sad way to lose by missing the ball completely. Oh well Sri Lanka are good in limited overs cricket. Australia deserved to be punished by the way they change their team around every single game. Rotation policy is utter rubbish.