PDA

View Full Version : BPL-2 General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Rabz
December 22, 2012, 02:11 AM
One thread for all discussion makes it very heavy.
I think we should have all our BPL 2 discussions on a separate thread and let BPL 1 rest in peace after 80 pages.

So, talk away.

If mods want to merge some of the BPL 2 discussions from the previous discussion thread, I think you might draw the line from post # 1976 (MH Rubel bhai's post) and merge it here.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=37638&page=80

Hasan2k8
December 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
Tbh not getting good feel about bpl2, there will be plenty empty seats. Why they so obsessed playing matches in only SBNCS and ctg? Why can't each bpl teams play its home matches in their own divisional stadium? you can't the expect the rangpuris and sylhetis and others to travel 10+ hours or something to watch their team play in CTG in huge numbers, many poor fans can't afford the coast and time!!

One World
December 22, 2012, 07:04 AM
First, I thank Rabz and appreciate the new thread. I was getting bogged down with so many past year info on other thread and also specific club threads.

Isnaad
December 22, 2012, 08:13 AM
In terms of strength. This is how I see the teams:
1. Dhaka Gladiators
2. Chittagong Kings
3. Duronto Rajshahi
4. Barisal Burners
5. Sylhet Royals
6. Rangpur Riders
7. Khulna Royal Bengals

reyme
December 22, 2012, 08:23 AM
Home and away for all teams is impossible for a tournament lasting only 3 weeks, barring semi/final and opening ceremony...and then there are travel allocated for 6 days...if it was a 2 month tournament like IPL then you can do all home and away games. Some places don't have proper transportation and 5 star accommodation like in Rangpur....

riajul
December 22, 2012, 10:20 AM
বিপিএলের পাঁচটি ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজির সঙ্গে চুক্তি সম্পন্ন: http://bit.ly/XYJBYW

deshimon
December 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
Home and away for all teams is impossible for a tournament lasting only 3 weeks, barring semi/final and opening ceremony...and then there are travel allocated for 6 days...if it was a 2 month tournament like IPL then you can do all home and away games. Some places don't have proper transportation and 5 star accommodation like in Rangpur....

Why is it impossible to play home and away system in comparing to IPL? More than 50 matches are held in IPL where BPL is a tournament of less than 25 matches. BCB can arrange all league matches home and away basis where semi final and final will be held in Dhaka.

Rabz
December 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks OW bhai. This makes it a bit less clustered and easy to follow.
Requesting the mods to stick this one up and unstick the BPL 1 thread.
Thanks.

tonoy
December 23, 2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks OW bhai. This makes it a bit less clustered and easy to follow.
Requesting the mods to stick this one up and unstick the BPL 1 thread.
Thanks.

Welcome to BC, where dreams come true.

fiate2000
December 23, 2012, 03:37 AM
Why is it impossible to play home and away system in comparing to IPL? More than 50 matches are held in IPL where BPL is a tournament of less than 25 matches. BCB can arrange all league matches home and away basis where semi final and final will be held in Dhaka.

BPL 2 will have 42 group matches + semi x2 + final

Rabz
December 23, 2012, 04:03 AM

BUT but Mod brother, I come BC before you.
How come you welcome me ?? :D :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ihl82t.jpg

deshimon
December 23, 2012, 04:25 AM
BPL 2 will have 42 group matches + semi x2 + final

How have you calculated it? In my calculation 21 group matches, 2 semifinals and 1 final will be held. It totals 24 matches.

fiate2000
December 23, 2012, 04:42 AM
How have you calculated it? In my calculation 21 group matches, 2 semifinals and 1 final will be held. It totals 24 matches.

7 teams playing each other - 7*6= 42

Source - Channel 9's fixture. https://twitter.com/OfficialBPL/status/282462882933911552/photo/1/large

The above fixture is now available on my website (http://bpl.bdsmartapp.com/) and BPL Android App (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bdsmartapp.bpl).

riajul
December 23, 2012, 04:59 AM
45 matches ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

fiate2000
December 23, 2012, 05:29 AM
45 matches ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Yes - players will have to earn their money!

riajul
December 23, 2012, 05:41 AM
Shaun tait was picked by Duronto Rajshahi after the auction.

Tiger444
December 23, 2012, 05:48 AM
How long will Tait be available for though? That would be great to have him play against our players since he's so quick and would test them

Rabz
December 23, 2012, 06:03 AM
Shaun Tait, if he can play majority of matches, could make a huge difference.

firstlane
December 23, 2012, 06:36 AM
Tait has been in good form this year. It would be good if he plays.

Nadim
December 23, 2012, 07:16 AM
Captains:

DG:Mashrafi
DR:A.Razzak(pak)
SR:Mushy
RR:Nasir
BB:B.Hodge
Khulna:???
CK:???
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

deshimon
December 23, 2012, 07:39 AM
I see a Facebook Page Shoaib Malik has been selected as the captain of Khulna Royal Benglals yesterday.

rinathq
December 24, 2012, 12:32 AM
Riyad captain for CK

fiate2000
December 24, 2012, 04:31 AM
Malinga confirmed that he had not signed up for BPL!

source https://twitter.com/OfficialBPL/statuses/283117414974107648

Isnaad
December 24, 2012, 06:39 AM
Ahh, good to hear that. Finally some shift in equilibrium.

Maysun
December 24, 2012, 07:25 AM
That was rather very stupid on DG management's part(& BPL organization). Haven't done their research and they miss out on a quality pacer unless they get Nannes.

Isnaad
December 24, 2012, 08:09 AM
That was rather very stupid on DG management's part(& BPL organization). Haven't done their research and they miss out on a quality pacer unless they get Nannes.

Yup, obviously. Very unprofessional from their part.

Max100
December 24, 2012, 04:36 PM
any BPL fantasy cricket is on the way?

BANFAN
December 24, 2012, 05:28 PM
Captains:

DG:Mashrafi
DR:A.Razzak(pak)
SR:Mushy
RR:Nasir
BB:B.Hodge / Azhar Mahmood
Khulna:??? S. Malik
CK:??? Mullah

I think those are the captains...

MyRoom
December 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
They really need to make a Youtube channel officially on BPL like SLPL. Really hope it goes well this time without controversy.

Max100
December 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
before they start BPL, they need to confirm all the rules, constitution, contract and clarify all.

Night_wolf
December 25, 2012, 12:48 AM

i want a Lamborghini

Cric Boss
December 25, 2012, 01:14 AM
We should select all the team's Captains from Bangladesh and and hire foreign coaches.

fiate2000
December 25, 2012, 04:25 AM
i want a Lamborghini
That's not dream! More like greed :D

Awla
December 25, 2012, 08:01 AM
[বাংলা] কেউ কি জানে কবে থেকে বিপিএল-২ এর টিকিট বিক্রি শুরু হবে? কোন ব্যাংক থেকে এবং কোন গ্যালারির টিকিটের দাম কত? [/বাংলা]

Hamlafan
December 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
any team got Mohammed Irfan?

Hamlafan
December 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
someone should definately sign Mohammed Irfan. Pakistan Cricket in save hands. What a prospect!

Ajfar
December 25, 2012, 05:53 PM
What happened to Uttam Sarkar? Was he on the list of players auctioned?

Hamlafan
December 25, 2012, 06:20 PM
Just realised Mohammad Irfan 30 yrs old! so yeah

MyRoom
December 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
You know what? I really don't see the point of this tour because Pakistan have a full series against South Africa on 1st February which means that most of the regular Pakistan players will only be there in Bangladesh for less than one week so no point in including them in BPL 2 and waste the money.

Antora
December 25, 2012, 11:29 PM
Hopefully will go see at least one match :D. Kind of not happy with the teams though. Tamim playing for Rajshahi and Mushy playing for shylet doesn't feel right...

deshimon
December 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hopefully will go see at least one match :D. Kind of not happy with the teams though. Tamim playing for Rajshahi and Mushy playing for shylet doesn't feel right...

This is the reality of francise based auction.

Razi
December 26, 2012, 04:57 AM
[বাংলা]পিটারসেনের খোঁজে রাজশাহী
সমকাল | বুধবার | ২৬ ডিসেম্বর ২০১২ (http://www.samakal24.com/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=316520&pub_no=1269&type=)

নিলামের পরদিনই সবাইকে অবাক করে দিয়ে বিপিএল দ্বিতীয় আসর থেকে নাম প্রত্যাহার করে নিয়েছিলেন শ্রীলংকার তারকা পেসার লাসিথ মালিঙ্গা। তার সঙ্গে আরও কয়েকটি নাম যোগ হয়েছে অনাগ্রহীদের তালিকায়। কিন্তু বিপিএলের জন্য সুখবর হলো, বিশ্বক্রিকেটের এ মুহূর্তের সেরা তারকাদের একজন কেভিন পিটারসেনকে দেখা যেতে পারে দ্বিতীয় আসরে।
ইংলিশ সুপারস্টারকে দলে ভেড়ানোর চেষ্টা চালিয়ে যাচ্ছে দুরন্ত রাজশাহী। ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি মালিক মুশফিকুর রহমান মোহন জানান, আলোচনা অনেকদূর এগিয়েছে। পিটারসেন বিপিএল খেলার ব্যাপারে আগ্রহী। শিগগিরই ইতিবাচক একটা খবর দিতে পারবেন বলেও জানান দুরন্ত রাজশাহীর মালিক। ইংল্যান্ডের আন্তর্জাতিক সূচির কারণেই তার বিপিএলে অংশ নেওয়ার সম্ভাবনা আরও বাড়ছে। ভারতের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজের পর টি২০ থেকে বিশ্রাম দেওয়া হয়েছে তাকে। অবশ্য জানুয়ারিতে ওয়ানডে সিরিজে খেলবেন তিনি। তবে ফেব্রুয়ারিতে নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে টি২০ এবং ওয়ানডে থেকে পিটারসেনকে বিশ্রাম দেওয়া হয়েছে। তাই দুরন্ত রাজশাহী চেষ্টা করছে, ২৭ জানুয়ারি ভারতের বিপক্ষে ওয়ানডে সিরিজ শেষে তাকে নিয়ে আসা যায় কি-না। তবে পিটারসেন রাজি থাকলেও এ ক্ষেত্রে বাগড়া দিতে পারে ইংলিশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড। অতিরিক্ত খেলার চাপ কমানোর জন্য নিউজিল্যান্ড সফরের ওয়ানডে এবং টি২০ থেকে তাকে বিশ্রাম দিয়েছে ইংলিশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড; কিন্তু তিনি যদি সে বিশ্রামের মধ্যে অন্য দেশের ঘরোয়া টি২০ টুর্নামেন্ট খেলতে যান, তাহলে বোর্ড কিছুটা চটতেই পারে। সেটাই এখন একমাত্র চিন্তার বিষয়। বোর্ডের সঙ্গে দীর্ঘদিন ঝামেলা ছিল পিটারসেনের। ভারত সফরের আগে দূর হয় সব দূরত্ব। নতুন করে জোড়া লাগা সম্পর্কটা নিয়ে পিটারসেনের ঝুঁকি নেওয়ার সম্ভাবনা কম।
তবে পিটারসেনের অবস্থা দোদুল্যমান হলেও নিলামের পরই অস্ট্রেলিয়ান ফাস্ট বোলার শন টেইটকে দলে টেনেছে দুরন্ত রাজশাহী। অসি এ পেসার নিলামে অবিক্রীত ছিলেন। একইভাবে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকান পেসার আলফানসো থমাসকে নিয়েছে খুলনা রয়্যাল বেঙ্গলস। আর লাসিথ মালিঙ্গার বদলে অসি পেসার ডার্ক ন্যানাসকে নিতে পারে ঢাকা গ্গ্ন্যাডিয়েটরস নতুন ক্রিকেটার যোগ হওয়ার সঙ্গে বিয়োগের তালিকাও আছে। জানা গেছে, সিলেট রয়্যালসের দুই ক্যারিবীয় ক্রিকেটার আন্দ্রে রাসেল এবং টিনো বেস্ট নাকি জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন, তারা বিপিএল খেলবেন না। তাদের সঙ্গে বিয়োগের তালিকায় যোগ হতে পারেন বরিশাল বার্নার্সের পাকিস্তানি তারকা স্পিনার সাঈদ আজমলও।[/বাংলা]

Cric Boss
December 26, 2012, 05:05 AM
:o

rinathq
December 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
Kevin for BPL2? Who is next Warner? Levi? Steyn? Watson? lol

Maple1900
December 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
Tendulkar o naki asbe

MyRoom
December 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
Don't really care who wins, all I care about is our players taking on the best with ease and becoming more confident in themselves.

fiate2000
December 27, 2012, 06:02 AM
Tendulkar o naki asbe
really??? :o

Rabz
December 27, 2012, 06:26 AM
Tendulkar o naki asbe

Hmm...shunlam Ricky Ponting naki Khulna'r owner ke phone korsilo.
Bollo, bhai apnar team e to kono boro maper international player nai.
To amake niben ??
Ami free to khele dibo.
U know i'm retired, so sort of bekar.
Would play free for meal money.

fiate2000
December 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
Hmm...shunlam Ricky Ponting naki Khulna'r owner ke phone korsilo.
Bollo, bhai apnar team e to kono boro maper international player nai.
To amake niben ??
Ami free to khele dibo.
U know i'm retired, so sort of bekar.
Would play free for meal money.
:floor::floor:

deshimon
December 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
What is the problem of foreign players? Why are they withdrawing their names from BPL?

fiate2000
December 27, 2012, 08:20 AM
i feel the question is - whats wrong with our organisers? Why are they failing to retain foreign players?

Habib
December 27, 2012, 08:30 AM
What is the problem of foreign players? Why are they withdrawing their names from BPL?

You are still asking that after the payment fiasco of the last BPL? If I were in their shoes, I'd also have second thoughts about playing in BPL. If BPL does not repeat the same mistake this time, the foreign players would trust BPL more, otherwise none of them would want to play in BPL in near future.

Hamlafan
December 27, 2012, 08:37 AM
who are the players that withdraw from BPL?

I only know Pollard and some others! any recent one that withdraw...?

who are you guys talking about?

deshimon
December 27, 2012, 12:08 PM
You are still asking that after the payment fiasco of the last BPL? If I were in their shoes, I'd also have second thoughts about playing in BPL. If BPL does not repeat the same mistake this time, the foreign players would trust BPL more, otherwise none of them would want to play in BPL in near future.

BCB should learn their lesson from here. If they will fail to take a step of this problem. BPL will suffer in the long run.

fiate2000
December 27, 2012, 01:36 PM

russel, best, ajmal - see earlier post (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1636777&postcount=42)

Equinox
December 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
Looks like Coach Pont will be returning as the DG coach. Look at his latest tweet and see who it has been favourited by. So I guess the 'dispute' has been settled. ;)

BANFAN
December 29, 2012, 05:37 PM

Where did you hear Pollard? Has he Really withdrawn...?

Night_wolf
December 30, 2012, 12:31 AM
Looks like Coach Pont will be returning as the DG coach. Look at his latest tweet and see who it has been favourited by. So I guess the 'dispute' has been settled. ;)

DG er jei team..nana mia ki r akbar champion hoye futani marar chance chare?? ;)

amito agei bolsilam DG er team dekhe, je team DG banaise nana mukhe jotoi ktha boluk, coaching er chance charbena...amra choli dale dale, nana chole patay patay:applause:

Equinox
December 30, 2012, 10:39 AM
^Lol BPL ar DG niye tini ki na bollen. Ekta thread'e she etao likheche je Shihab group'er shathe she ar kokhon'o kaaj korben na. Ekhon to dekhi kao ke kichu na bole chup chap tini Dhaka'r uddeshe rowna dichchen. Maybe he just forgot to check his other bank account. ;)

Hamlafan
December 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
^Lol BPL ar DG niye tini ki na bollen. Ekta thread'e etao she likheche je Shihab group'er shathe she ar kokhon'o kaaj korben na. Ekhon to dekhi kao ke kichu na bole chup chap tini Dhaka'r uddeshe rowna hochchen. Maybe he just forgot to check his other bank account. ;)

Lets not be harsh on Ian Pont, guy needs a living so whether he likes it or not he will take the DG Job anyday. if he does not then what will he do... except his academy no other teams want him as coach and DG is his best option to get recongised as coach and Maybe IPL future who knows. I am happy DG made the right decision to sign Ian back, otherwise:D

simon
December 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
bhais ar hashayen na,dohai lagey :lol:

MohammedC
December 30, 2012, 11:17 AM
LMAO :floor:

Nadim
December 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
Na hase parlam na...:lol:

fuadomar
December 30, 2012, 11:56 PM
Lets not be harsh on Ian Pont, guy needs a living so whether he likes it or not he will take the DG Job anyday. if he does not then what will he do... except his academy no other teams want him as coach and DG is his best option to get recongised as coach and Maybe IPL future who knows. I am happy DG made the right decision to sign Ian back, otherwise:D

Is it true that he is joining DG? All I can see that, Shihab Chy asked him a favour for cell number of Luke Wright and he twitted it.

Shihab H Chowdhury ‏@ChowdhuryShihab

“@Ponty100mph: @ravibopara can u PM me a number for Luke Wright in Oz pls?” Very urgent !!!

reyme
December 31, 2012, 12:04 AM
I will be shocked if Ian joins DG!

Nadim
December 31, 2012, 05:06 AM
Bpl will be better without Pakistanis. More opportunity for our boys:)

Btw what will khulna do now??? Do they have 11 without them??:lol:

reyme
December 31, 2012, 05:21 AM
Now that PAK players are not coming, is it possible to get more players from SL, SA, ENG, AUS.
Probably can get few more players from WI, NZ, AFG, IRE. Some Aussie and ENG players can add more colors but highly unlikely...

Hamlafan
December 31, 2012, 06:15 AM
Bangladesh Premier League looks worse Than New Zealand T20 League with Pakistan Recruits!

They have around 16-17 days to find good players from different countries!

One World
December 31, 2012, 01:54 PM
Just learnt from FB, the Paks are coming and no denial to be practiced by PCB?

Is that a good news or bad?

Rabz
December 31, 2012, 02:26 PM
^^ FB news is still rumour at this point.
But I believe the PCB, after their initial outrage, might allow their players to take part in BPL and DPL. The players dont want to miss out on some good source of income and if denied, might cause a certain degree of resentment amongst the Pakistani players themselves. IPL will not take them and beside BPL, SLPL remains their only hope but that too will not take Pakistanis in a lot like the way we do in our leagues.

Despite our messy handling of the pak tour, we still remain their best bet and if they try to come too hard on us, it will bring no good to them.

Ajfar
December 31, 2012, 02:27 PM
BPL has a big market in Pakistan right after Bangladesh because of Pakistani recruits. Not too many people follow BPL outside BD, so without Pak players BPL will lose some value outside BD and most likely Pak channels won't telecast it, so less money for BPL. I don't think we have good enough domestic players to increase the quality of BPL on our own, plus not too many players other countries are all that keen on coming and big bash is still going on.

I don't think Pak players not coming will make all that a difference for how much our local players get to contribute, because either way teams will play 5 foreign players. Its not like because there is no pak players more BD players will get to play. I think its good for BPL, but BPL/franchises need to be ready just incase if there is a last minute pull out from PCB. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to do something just a few days before the tournament start hoping to cripple the tournament.

MohammedC
December 31, 2012, 03:03 PM
Pakistani players will loose out financially if PCB decides to stop them participating in BPL.

akabir77
December 31, 2012, 03:46 PM
I agree with MC Bhai. PCB has to think if they deny Pak player from earning good money they will start earning the money from you know where so after all it will hurt them more... the questions is if PCB have that kind of brain power to think that far...

simon
December 31, 2012, 03:48 PM
achcha I.saw on tv news that BCB earned a lot this time from BPL two.
they will get a sixty percent something share from every player (probably doesnt include foreign players)
which will exceed an income of 14 crore taka.
so is PCB supposed to get some fom their players ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

BANFAN
December 31, 2012, 05:14 PM
@ Simon bhai, no... PCB doesn't get anything from BCB.. BCB gets 60 % of what's more than their capped value...that's applicable for foreign players also. Now it's not a bad idea to offer them 25% for leaving their players...:) if you give money, you can get anything done by PCB....so don't know if there is some underhand deal already..

But we have a lots of non-Pak players unsold..... So I don't think it will be that bad, if the Pak players don't come... If needed pay 100% in advance to the players, FICA won't have scope to scare...even many more will try to come to BPL.... BCB has to play it smart...

roman
December 31, 2012, 07:28 PM
If I were a Pakistani player, I wouldn't play BPL after the way Bangladesh has insulted Pakistan. I am not saying that the tour must go on, but the way things were handled by BCB was simply oitrageous. A simple NO should have been said at the beginning, kintu eto dhanai fanai kore na bolar kono mane hoy na

HereWeGo
December 31, 2012, 09:22 PM
If I were a Pakistani player, I wouldn't play BPL after the way Bangladesh has insulted Pakistan. I am not saying that the tour must go on, but the way things were handled by BCB was simply oitrageous. A simple NO should have been said at the beginning, kintu eto dhanai fanai kore na bolar kono mane hoy na

if you are a pakistani player who does not represent the national team than you will play bpl because their own FC league and T20 league pays peanuts to players.... barely 35 dollars is the match fee....
money talks... ICL is the major example... remember lahore badshahs??

al-Sagar
December 31, 2012, 10:36 PM
i would rather see soumya sarkar play a match winning innings than babar azam

Maysun
December 31, 2012, 11:50 PM
We should get SL's in after they got our players in the SLPL

riajul
January 1, 2013, 12:00 AM
Good News: Pakistani
Players will participate in BPL-2. BCB ensured the news some times back - fb

Maysun
January 1, 2013, 06:11 AM
Now, with Pakistan players participation being questioned, the quality of cricket will drop down significantly.

The BCB should have terminated a franchise(perhaps, with the most debt to players) instead of adding another one.

ReZ_1
January 1, 2013, 08:19 AM
Now, with Pakistan players participation being questioned, the quality of cricket will drop down significantly.

The BCB should have terminated a franchise(perhaps, with the most debt to players) instead of adding another one.

Are pakistani players so good that we will miss them so badly in BpL. or is it just the media that makes them? isn't it our drawback that we can't get good players from other countries that we are so much dependent on pakistan. You see so cheap domestic players of pakistan got chance in BPL2 it seems pakistan holds a brand. Though i agree that the foreign players should be there to increase attraction but i am afraid it should not be the way it is over here.

Hamlafan
January 1, 2013, 09:39 AM
Are pakistani players so good that we will miss them so badly in BpL. or is it just the media that makes them? isn't it our drawback that we can't get good players from other countries that we are so much dependent on pakistan. You see so cheap domestic players of pakistan got chance in BPL2 it seems pakistan holds a brand. Though i agree that the foreign players should be there to increase attraction but i am afraid it should not be the way it is over here.

Yes Pakistani players are really good and better than Indian Players in T20! They have reached Semi Finals In all T20 world cup. And very strong force in T20 format

HereWeGo
January 1, 2013, 10:13 AM
Yes Pakistani players are really good and better than Indian Players in T20! They have reached Semi Finals In all T20 world cup. And very strong force in T20 format

This overwhelming love u have for pakistan makes me nauseous
:facepalm:

Hamlafan
January 1, 2013, 10:21 AM

saying the fact makes me love Pakistani's ok bro:)

Ajfar
January 1, 2013, 07:52 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

What's with this facepalm nonsense in BC these days? How did we manage to live before BC had facepalm icon? Nowadays it's as if posts are not complete without facepalms in them. He said Pakistan players are better than Indian players in T20 what's there to facepalm about?

Just saying Pakistan has good T20 players doesn't make someone a Pakistan lover. I'm tired of seeing Bangladesh fans calling other fans pakistan/indian lover just because they have a one or two good things to say about their cricket. As if there is a written rule somewhere that says BD fans can't say anything positive about India/Pakistan cricket.

How is saying Pakistani players are better Indian players in T20 somehow related to his overwhelming love for Pakistan?? Just because we are Bangladesh cricket fans, doesn't mean saying 1 or 2 good things about Pakistan Cricket or their players doesn't make someone in to Pakistan lover.

22Yards
January 1, 2013, 09:44 PM
lol ajfer bhai's justice
On topic I need this to get started asap. Holidays are about to get over and there is not a single bd match scheduled between the holidays.

Tiger444
January 2, 2013, 01:15 AM
:lol: Ajfar bhai chetse. Agree 100% with you bro

BANFAN
January 2, 2013, 07:07 AM
i would rather see soumya sarkar play a match winning innings than babar azam

If he can do it, he should be able to do it even Babar Azam also does it.... .. If you get oti nationalistic, you get isolated md nothing grows in isolation... Competition is the way to grow than being a "Bully of Kua" :)

cricheart
January 2, 2013, 07:35 AM
:applause: thanks for the fact-stating post. tbh if I was among franchisee in BPL I would be more interested in buying so called "good & better" players than crowd gaining Afridi or Ganguly in my team.

ReZ_1
January 2, 2013, 08:41 AM
I had some friends in university who were from pakistan. They generally love to eat red meat and nun, Believe me they are too strong to resist :p so hitting six and bowling @155 is just a piece of cake i guess.

HereWeGo
January 2, 2013, 09:09 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

What's with this facepalm nonsense in BC these days? How did we manage to live before BC had facepalm icon? Nowadays it's as if posts are not complete without facepalms in them. He said Pakistan players are better than Indian players in T20 what's there to facepalm about?

Just saying Pakistan has good T20 players doesn't make someone a Pakistan lover. I'm tired of seeing Bangladesh fans calling other fans pakistan/indian lover just because they have a one or two good things to say about their cricket. As if there is a written rule somewhere that says BD fans can't say anything positive about India/Pakistan cricket.

How is saying Pakistani players are better Indian players in T20 somehow related to his overwhelming love for Pakistan?? Just because we are Bangladesh cricket fans, doesn't mean saying 1 or 2 good things about Pakistan Cricket or their players doesn't make someone in to Pakistan lover.

That wasn't a comment aimed at a singular post but all his post in general. And whats your issue with facepalm, I don't get it???

Anyways the fact remains that almost every G8 team in the world also has a good T20 team... I really don't understand wats the deal with Pakistan....

Hamlafan
January 2, 2013, 09:44 AM
That wasn't a comment aimed at a singular post but all his post in general. And whats your issue with facepalm, I don't get it???

Anyways the fact remains that almost every G8 team in the world also has a good T20 team... I really don't understand wats the deal with Pakistan....

BCB and BPL comittee recently admitted that without Pakistani's or Indian players in BPL the tournment will lose interest, me and you can sit behind the computer and say we don't need them. and when you say almost all G8 teams have good T20, not everyone want's to play in BPL. Our best hope was simply Pakistani's becuase Indian don't give a **** about us, PCB also don't but they are becuase of some benefits to them financial and the controversial tour thing everyone knows about. admitting that Pakistan has some quality T20 Players does not mean I love them so much after seeing some members offensive post and remark made about Bangladesh in Pakpassion Forum, those members would easily get banned in Banglacricket.

Hamlafan
January 2, 2013, 09:48 AM
:applause: thanks for the fact-stating post. tbh if I was among franchisee in BPL I would be more interested in buying so called "good & better" players than crowd gaining Afridi or Ganguly in my team.

Ganguly and T20! do you really watch cricket I mean T20? Afridi is an exception, his a all-rounder and devasting in T20 but to mention Ganguly.! Afridi batting at 7 or 8 In T20 is perfect for a guy that averages 18+ and has strike rate of 150+. how you mentioned Ganguly I can't understand it.

Hamlafan
January 2, 2013, 10:50 AM
PCB waiting for last moment to say NO pakistani in BPL, could be a cheap tactics.

Dhakablues
January 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
Its not a last minute No.. its been always NO unless BCB goes to Pakistan. That was the bargain. Pakistan moved their matches, re-arranged their schedule, got the sponsors lined up etc. after BCB gave them initial Okay for Jan. 12/15. Don't expect brotherly love towards BCB's money making league when their own plan for making any money for their first international cricket at homeground was grounded by BCB due to politics. That too, doing it twice...

Nevertheless, even if PAK players don't play at the BPL, they are going to be back eventually for Dhaka leagues. Same thing for Indian Players.. Surely, international players of Shahid Afridi, Samuels, Azhar Mahmood etc. adds glamor to the leagues and if major PAK players miss out, the league will suffer. That's the fact. Try to get Nepali, Afghani, Canadian players to fill in the gaps and see how many spectators shows up... The reality is Dhaka League always relied on even 2nd grader PAK players of Rashed Hanif, Hason Raza, etc. because we lack quality 'Professionals'. And for BPL, the first season was ruled by the Pakistani players,,, to think our Forhad Hossain, Rony Talukdar, Dollar will set the BPL league ablaze to record specators is analogous to expect our Jahid Hossain Emily, Faisal Wali will be benching Messi, Puyol for an El classico match...

zsayeed
January 2, 2013, 04:57 PM
"PCB responds Positively" (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=263578)

firstlane
January 2, 2013, 09:07 PM
The way BPL was run the first year means we only deserve star players from Pak for unforseeable future. I can't trust on BCB's ability to run this years' tournament smoothly either. Result is no big name players from G8 countries except Pak and WI will be interested to play in BPL. I personally would like to see players participating from all G8 and associate countries for diversity and publicity reasons. The high number of Pak players' participation means the risk of corruption will be high as well. BD will be a favourite work-holiday destination for Indian and Pak bookies. Also I wouldn't like us to be labelled as Pak lovers/allies.

reyme
January 2, 2013, 09:39 PM
Ian asks Whatmore to ask Juluen Fountain to check his email! Well, I guess they are coming back to BPL!

zsayeed
January 2, 2013, 10:19 PM
Ian asks Whatmore to ask Juluen Fountain to check his email! Well, I guess they are coming back to BPL!

how do you know this *chain* of events?

ReZ_1
January 3, 2013, 12:16 AM
Sylhet Royals owner Nafeesa Kamal talked regarding the matter of Pakistani cricketers NOCs (No-Objection Certificate). As the seven franchises will begin their training camps from the second week of January, with foreign players expected to start arriving from January 4. If the PCB is to give NOCs (No-Objection Certificate) for the BPL, the BCB would prefer them soon because a pull-out would require the governing council and Game On Sports, BPL's event management firm, to host a closed-door auction. In that case, it would throw the tournament into chaos, a scenario that is a major concern for the owners.

Nafeesa said: She believed that in the event of a pull-out, the franchises will not have enough players to fill those vacant spots. "Not having Pakistan players is definitely a concern and I think we should be informed soon about their status. If the BPL - Bangladesh Premier League plans to hold a closed-door auction in the event of their unavailability, we will be left with very few good options."

source: https://www.facebook.com/BPL.Royals.Sylhet?ref=stream

rinathq
January 3, 2013, 05:03 AM
Just visited the PAKpassion and got what I expected... anger everywhere :)
just love it when they are frustrated but cant do anything about it :D

firstlane
January 3, 2013, 06:25 AM
how do you know this *chain* of events?

I want to know the full story as well. Will he coach DG or not? I need to pick a team soon!

Ajfar
January 3, 2013, 08:34 AM
According to cricbuzz PCB won't release their players. At least thats what they are hinting toward. I think at this point BPL waitig around for PCB to respond is just wasting time. If BPL wants to make sure that tournament goes on no matter what they need to act now. We better not postpone/cancel our tournament because of them, that would just be plain stupid and embarrasing.

Hamlafan
January 3, 2013, 09:24 AM
^^ I guess PCB waiting for the last moment to say we won't release players

M.H.Rubel
January 3, 2013, 09:40 AM
All the players play for money. BPL is not giving bad amount to the PAK players. So I have a feeling that most of the players will join the tourney any how. Just few may miss it.

One World
January 3, 2013, 09:44 AM
I saw in newspaper today that Abdur Razzak is already in Dhaka.

Equinox
January 3, 2013, 12:20 PM
^What's he doing in BD three weeks before the BPL? Is he maybe captaining DR this time around so he's familiarising himself with the local players?

roman
January 3, 2013, 12:40 PM
^DR management requested Razzaq to come to BD. He will be there for 2 days and will come back by 2nd week of January--- As per Ittefaq

Nadim
January 3, 2013, 01:15 PM
The Bangladesh Premier League matches in Chittagong have become uncertain this year due to the insufficient floodlight at the proposed venue MA Aziz Stadium, officials said on Thursday.http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-01-04&nid=35565#.UOXKk2-56Ag

deshimon
January 3, 2013, 07:48 PM
Khulna stadium doesn't have floodlights. Only day matches will be held there probably.

Hamlafan
January 4, 2013, 05:33 AM
How about Sylhet ^?

fiate2000
January 4, 2013, 02:29 PM
BPL Fantasy thread - http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=42694

ReZ_1
January 5, 2013, 02:02 PM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/boomerang1717/227627_522893191075577_1079041414_n_zpsc50b87b6.jp g
New updated schedule of BPL 2 as signed by chachu on 5th jan

Nocturnal
January 5, 2013, 02:42 PM
Good thing the schedule came out ... I hope "Hartal" does not interfere BPL 2 ..

reyme
January 7, 2013, 01:34 AM
We are just 10 days away...hardly any activities yet! No news on coaching staff, media, team sponsorship etc....was much much better situation last year!

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 03:52 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481282_459812730749870_1643978306_n.jpg

Now i see a different fixture :facepalm:

Whats wrong? I thought the BPL GC are gonna arrange it much better than last time? There is no declaration about the prices of the tickets!

Maysun
January 7, 2013, 04:57 AM
We have games in Khulna as well? Suhweet!

Any plans for a BCB G2G this BPL?

Jadukor
January 7, 2013, 05:01 AM
Seems like BPL 2 will have even more problems than the last edition

Hamlafan
January 7, 2013, 05:10 AM
who thinks it could be Brett Lee playing for Dhaka Gladitators?

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 05:21 AM
who thinks it could be Brett Lee playing for Dhaka Gladitators?

could possibly be true!

Hamlafan
January 7, 2013, 05:27 AM
if BPL has Tait, Nannes, Lee, Gul, Zunaid = Decent pacers compared to last year.

Hamlafan
January 7, 2013, 05:45 AM
Confirmed Pacers for BPL per Facebook: Tait, Nannes and Thomas. pretty good

riajul
January 7, 2013, 05:51 AM
Tickets will be available from 11th January. Maximum price: 15,000 Tk and Minimum: 300 Tk. Students and airtel users will get 30% discount.

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 06:17 AM
Tickets will be available from 11th January. Maximum price: 15,000 Tk and Minimum: 300 Tk. Students and airtel users will get 30% discount.

300 seems a bit more, 250 seems fine enough.

Nevertheless, I wonder how the ticket sellers are gonna know that i am a student/airtel user? :-/:-/

And that means airtel is one of the sponsors/distributors? Smart way to attract customers. And how many can one person buy?

ReZ_1
January 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
I think from today the movements for bpl 2 started to happen. Hopefully in the coming days we will see much more energy

Equinox
January 7, 2013, 09:48 AM
So Sylhet Royals will play both matches on Feb 12? :facepalm:

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 09:57 AM
^^^

haha now that you mentioned, i noticed it. I think the 2nd one is fake, the first 1 looked good

riajul
January 7, 2013, 10:21 AM
300 seems a bit more, 250 seems fine enough.

Nevertheless, I wonder how the ticket sellers are gonna know that i am a student/airtel user? :-/:-/

And that means airtel is one of the sponsors/distributors? Smart way to attract customers. And how many can one person buy?

airtel users can buy tickets using sms service and students should have their id card.

riajul
January 7, 2013, 10:26 AM

nope. Check here. http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/match/fixtures.html?team_country=25;future=1

ReZ_1
January 7, 2013, 11:13 AM

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/boomerang1717/537805_390684187692551_1966697608_n.jpg

Hold on another fixture is coming up :ohno:

riajul
January 7, 2013, 11:14 AM
Shaun tait tumi kar ? Rajshahi na chittagong er ? Bujho ebar thela. Shesh belay eshe tana-tani. Lol.

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 11:15 AM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/boomerang1717/537805_390684187692551_1966697608_n.jpg

Hold on another fixture is coming up :ohno:

this fixture is OK!!

its same as this http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/boomerang1717/227627_522893191075577_1079041414_n_zpsc50b87b6.jp g

the fixture with colours and so many qualifying matches is the odd one out

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 11:21 AM
the CI one is slightly different:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/match/fixtures.html?team_country=25;future=1

and also tells that the matches are gonna be held in Zahur ahmed

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 11:24 AM
if some more players flock in, fixtures finalized properly like the white plain one, then good to go!

captainBD
January 7, 2013, 11:39 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/312324_404068839675154_1959226242_n.jpg

is this the perfect one? IPL er moto qualification :sick:

zsayeed
January 7, 2013, 02:58 PM
Russel Arnold @RusselArnold69
“@OfficialBPL: No Pakistan boycott, Zaka assures: PCB chief tells Bangladesh Updates http://bit.ly/V3pYkR ” Well done Pakistan

zsayeed
January 7, 2013, 05:47 PM
How come they allocate only one day to come back from Chittagong to Dhaka? Will that go smoothly? I wonder with the infrastructure of transportation. hmmmm.....

AsifTheManRahman
January 7, 2013, 08:47 PM
Aren't they flying?

captainBD
January 8, 2013, 04:02 AM
Yup, they can come easily by flight, not really a problem. not so sure about khulna-ctg

Hamlafan
January 8, 2013, 05:11 AM
so no news yet for malinga replacement and info about zunaid and irfan

crikss
January 8, 2013, 05:58 AM
একটিভ জানায়, পূর্ব গ্যালারি টিকিট ৩৫০ টাকা হলেও শিক্ষার্থীরা তা ২৪৫ টাকায় কিনতে পারবেন। নর্দান এবং সাউদার্ন স্ট্যান্ডের ৫০০ টাকার টিকিট ছাত্ররা ৩৫০ টাকায়, শহীদ মুস্তাক এবং শহীদ জুয়েল স্ট্যান্ডের ২০০০ টাকা মানের টিকিট ছাত্ররা ১৪০০ টাকায়, ইন্টারন্যাশনাল স্ট্যান্ডের ৩০০০ টাকার টিকিট ছাত্রদের জন্য ২১০০ টাকা, ভিআইপি গ্র্যান্ড স্ট্যান্ড সাউথ ও নর্থ এবং ডিরেক্টর ইনক্লোজার ৫০০০ টাকায়, বিসিবি কর্পোরেট লাউঞ্জ ৮০০০ টাকায়, বিসিবি কর্পোরেট বক্স সাউথ এবং ওয়েস্ট ১৫০০০ টাকায় বিক্রির সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে।

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=fe0a39cd54c04acfff20179932be9 a6b&nttl=08012013164457

Hamlafan
January 8, 2013, 06:03 AM
@crikss can you write the key points from the news article in English please, thanks.

MohammedC
January 8, 2013, 06:35 AM
@crikss can you write the key points from the news article in English please, thanks.

Ticket price for students (probably school kids )

captainBD
January 8, 2013, 07:09 AM
350 is a bit too much for my opinion. Had it been kept down to 250 for all then it would have been great. Not too many people are gonna purchase ticket for the neutral matches. I think it would have been great had there been a home and away format, but teams like barisal, rangpur probably wont have home grounds then.

But considering last time, this year its much cheapers. It was 500 for everyone, no discount prizes.

Tiger Manc
January 8, 2013, 03:56 PM
Is the Associate player rule enforced this year?

reyme
January 8, 2013, 04:04 PM
Poor Marketing strategy. You dont sell ticket like this! Just follow how its done for the airline tickets!

They should start out cheap, and as they were selling out fast then increase the ticket price gradually...the perfect example was recently concluded WI series and the 2011 WC. When the prices start low, peole start buying and right away because of our culture other will follow like crazy and next thing you know tickets are SOLD OUT.

And never underestimate the power of season pass! Someone smart can really make a killing out of ticket sales. We only think of short term gain, not many think about or take time how to really make money smartly.

fuadomar
January 8, 2013, 11:40 PM
No, not this year.
Is the Associate player rule enforced this year?

BANFAN
January 9, 2013, 05:32 PM
একটিভ জানায়, পূর্ব গ্যালারি টিকিট ৩৫০ টাকা হলেও শিক্ষার্থীরা তা ২৪৫ টাকায় কিনতে পারবেন। নর্দান এবং সাউদার্ন স্ট্যান্ডের ৫০০ টাকার টিকিট ছাত্ররা ৩৫০ টাকায়, শহীদ মুস্তাক এবং শহীদ জুয়েল স্ট্যান্ডের ২০০০ টাকা মানের টিকিট ছাত্ররা ১৪০০ টাকায়, ইন্টারন্যাশনাল স্ট্যান্ডের ৩০০০ টাকার টিকিট ছাত্রদের জন্য ২১০০ টাকা, ভিআইপি গ্র্যান্ড স্ট্যান্ড সাউথ ও নর্থ এবং ডিরেক্টর ইনক্লোজার ৫০০০ টাকায়, বিসিবি কর্পোরেট লাউঞ্জ ৮০০০ টাকায়, বিসিবি কর্পোরেট বক্স সাউথ এবং ওয়েস্ট ১৫০০০ টাকায় বিক্রির সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে।

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=fe0a39cd54c04acfff20179932be9 a6b&nttl=08012013164457

Why should there be a discount for students in International gallery..... Student discount should only be applicable for the lowest cost gallery.... Otherwise, this will turn the students into black marketeers....it's tempting to buy in 2100 and sell in 3000 or less... And it's not difficult for a student to arrange 100 Ids...or get a corrupt seller to show every sale as student concession....who will check if its all against one ID..?

It was better to keep the price cheaper at the origin...

zsayeed
January 9, 2013, 06:27 PM
Keno bhai - student ra ki manush na? manusher bhalo ta agey na dekhey kharapta keno bhai?

rinathq
January 9, 2013, 07:39 PM
Samuels out of BPL after eye injury... this will really hurt Duronto

BengaliPagol
January 9, 2013, 09:18 PM
crap Samuels is ruled out of BPL. Big blow for the franchise.

captainBD
January 10, 2013, 04:13 AM
DR need someone like trego and mascarenhas

captainBD
January 10, 2013, 11:24 AM
i hear hafeez will play 2 matches KRB. Useless buy IMO, should have bought someone who could stay throughout the tournament, or atleast half of it.

BTW, is it possible tahat new players can join a team even if they didnt feature in the auction?

ReZ_1
January 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
শন টেইটকে পাওয়ার জন্য ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস এবং দুরন্ত রাজশাহীর সঙ্গে রেস করেছে চিটাগং কিংসও। অসি পেসারকে পেতে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলে তিন ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি আবেদন করলেও বাজিমাত করেছে চিটাগং কিংস। তাদের ঘরেই গেলেন এই অস্ট্রেলিয়ান পেসার। বুধবার রাতে এই সিদ্ধান্ত দিয়েছে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল।

চিটাগং কিংস নিলামে ১০ জন বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার দলে নেয়। তাদেরই একজন পাকিস্তানের সাঈদ আনোয়ার জুনিয়রকে বাদ দিয়ে শনের জন্য গত ২৩ ডিসেম্বর বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের দ্বারস্থ হয়। নিলামে পাওয়া ক্রিকেটারকে বাদ দেওয়াকে রহস্যজনক মনে করছেন দুরন্ত রাজশাহীর কর্মকর্তারা। যদিও চিটাগং কিংসের মুখপাত্র আতিফ আজম বাংলানিউজকে বললেন,‘নিলাম শেষ হওয়ার পরই জানতে পারি সাঈদ আনোয়ার জুনিয়র চোটাক্রান্ত। তখন তাকে বাদ দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত হয় এবং বিকল্প হিসেবে শন টেইটকে চেয়ে আবেদন করে চিটাগং। সবকিছু বিচার বিশ্লেষণ করে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল এই সিদ্ধান্ত দিয়েছে।’

এদিকে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের সদস্যসচিব ড. মল্লিকের দাবি,‘নিয়মের ভেতর থেকেই শন টেইটকে পেয়েছে চিটাগং কিংস। এখানে বিতর্কিত কিছু হয়নি।’ যদিও নিয়মের ব্যাখ্যাটা তিনি দেননি।

তবে ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজিদের মুখ থেকেই পাওয়া গেলো অন্য তথ্য। নাম গোপন রাখার শর্তে একটি ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি বৃহস্পতিবার বাংলানিউজকে জানিয়েছে, বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল থেকে ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস এবং দুরন্ত রাজশাহীকে অনুরোধ করেছে বিষয়টিকে ইস্যু না করার জন্য। সে জন্যই তাদের কেউ প্রকাশ্যে মুখ খুলছে না। তবে নাম গোপন রেখে সত্যিটা ঠিকই বলছে।

দুরন্ত রাজশাহী নিলামে বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার নিয়েছে সাতজন। আরও তিনজন বিদেশি নেওয়ার সুযোগ আছে তাদের। সে জন্যই নিলাম শেষে গত ২১ ডিসেম্বর বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল বরাবর শন টেইটকে চেয়ে আবেদন করে তারা। দুরন্ত রাজশাহীর চেয়ারম্যান মুশফিকুর রহিম মোহন আবেদনের কপি সংরক্ষণও করছেন, এমন দাবি তাঁর। তিনি বলেন,‘২১ ডিসেম্বর আবেদন করে রিসিভ কপিও নিয়ে এসেছি। এমনকি এসএমএসও রেখে দিয়েছি।’

মোহনের দাবি সত্যি হলে শনকে দুরন্ত রাজশাহীরই পাওয়ার কথা। তাহলে কী নিয়মের ব্যত্যয় ঘটিয়ে চিটাগংকে খেলোয়াড় দিয়েছে বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিল? বিসিবি টেকনিক্যাল কমিটির সুপারিশ কী পক্ষপাতদুষ্ট? এই প্রশ্ন ক্রিকেটানুরাগীরা করতেই পারেন।

ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস ভেতরে ভেতরে শনের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করলেও শেষপর্যন্ত তারা বিপিএল গভর্নিং কাউন্সিলের সিদ্ধান্তই মেনে নিয়েছে। কারণ তারা আবেদন করেছে ২৯ ডিসেম্বর। অর্থাৎ তাদের আবেদন চিটাগং কিংসের পরে হওয়ায় জোর দাবি করারও সুযোগ কম।

সে যাই হোক, শন টেইটকে নিলামমূল্য ৭৫ হাজার মার্কিন ডলারে পাচ্ছে চিটাগং কিংস। বৃহস্পতিবার এক সংবাদ বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে এটা নিশ্চিত করে চিটাগং। মেহরাব জুনিয়রকেও ১০ হাজার ডলারে দলে নিয়েছে তারা। বিপিএল দ্বিতীয় আসরেও চিটাগংকে নেতৃত্ব দেবেন জাতীয় দলের সহঅধিনায়ক মাহমুদউল্লাহ।
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=8088ffa4717e3247abae5c636500d 807&nttl=20130110072540165068

The puppet show must go on. I guess by now BCB already decided which two teams will play the final :big_hug:

Vepu
January 10, 2013, 06:54 PM
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=8088ffa4717e3247abae5c636500d 807&nttl=20130110072540165068

The puppet show must go on. I guess by now BCB already decided which two teams will play the final :big_hug:

still hasnt forget the semi saga in bpl 1 :|

firstlane
January 11, 2013, 04:05 AM
Zaka Ashraf, the PCB chairman, has indicated that Pakistan players will play in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) only if the BCB agrees to a tour of Pakistan.

The BPL is scheduled to begin on January 18 and several Pakistan players were sold at its auction last month. Their participation, however, could hinge on the BCB's response to Ashraf's comments. There has been a lot of talk of Bangladesh touring Pakistan but with security continuing to be a concern, there have been no concrete steps forward.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/600490.html

firstlane
January 11, 2013, 04:10 AM
still hasnt forget the semi saga in bpl 1 :|

Add the players' payment issue to that. I said it last year as well- BPL will bring more shame than fame for us. The world will come to know things about us that were unknown before.

Hamlafan
January 11, 2013, 04:25 AM
BPL in Choas... ZAKA ASHRAF does not want Pakistani players to take part unless BCB Accepts the offer to tour them. BPL will be in a huge mess.

Rabz
January 11, 2013, 04:45 AM
^^ nothing will happen. All talks ...

captainBD
January 11, 2013, 07:06 AM
i hear that pakistan will not send their players. teams need to urgently recruite some other foreign players. time to get in trego, mascarenhas, nathan mccullum, and all the other jodhu modhus

ReZ_1
January 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
feeling sorry for rangpur and khulna they won't have 11 players if the pakistanis turn out. fielding er somoy mathe goru sagol namay dite pare ak dui ta ball atkaileo atkaite parbe. :P

captainBD
January 11, 2013, 08:04 AM
feeling sorry for rangpur and khulna they won't have 11 players if the pakistanis turn out. fielding er somoy mathe goru sagol namay dite pare ak dui ta ball atkaileo atkaite parbe. :P

Thats why i facepalmed when they filled their team with so many pakistanis.

where are they gonna get so many players within a weak? maybe guys like rony talukder, fazle rabbi will get a chance:up:

AsifTheManRahman
January 11, 2013, 08:40 AM
The owners should just kick out their Pakistani recruits and hire players from elsewhere and the BCB should allow it. The owners should be able to act in the best interest of their teams and businesses and if, even a week before the start of the tournament, there's no guarantee Pakistani players will be available, the teams should be given the opportunity to explore other options.

captainBD
January 11, 2013, 08:49 AM
^^^

I agree, get in some decent foreign players and kick out pakistanis. You dont need 20 odd paksitanis with half of them being crap to set the tournament on fire

roman
January 11, 2013, 09:17 AM
The owners should just kick out their Pakistani recruits and hire players from elsewhere and the BCB should allow it. The owners should be able to act in the best interest of their teams and businesses and if, even a week before the start of the tournament, there's no guarantee Pakistani players will be available, the teams should be given the opportunity to explore other options.

Well said.:up:

I hope The BPL teams have learnt a valuable lesson this time and will boycott Pakistani players in BPL3

ReZ_1
January 11, 2013, 09:47 AM
Well said.:up:

I hope The BPL teams have learnt a valuable lesson this time and will boycott Pakistani players in BPL3

But then who will eat BPL2 without pakistani players. I mean the owners are always tend to look at the broader interest of the people. However now i also feel enough of the pakistani players issue. We gotta move on and take it as a challenge without them. Nothing is indispensable as we move along. :waiting:

roman
January 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
But then who will eat BPL2 without pakistani players. I mean the owners are always tend to look at the broader interest of the people. However now i also feel enough of the pakistani players issue. We gotta move on and take it as a challenge without them. Nothing is indispensable as we move along. :waiting:

BPL2 won't be the same without them but There is nothing we can do if PCB don't let Pak players play in BPL. But we need to move on and educate ourselves from this mess. PCB is making it seem like they are doing us a favor when the reality suggests something else.

impose sanctions on pak players in BPL 3. Teach them a lesson

HereWeGo
January 11, 2013, 10:03 AM

Seems like BCB and PCB are two boards run by a bunch of teenagers.... No maturity, no ethics and no management skills

captainBD
January 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
we should also ban them from playing in dhaka leagues as such

tit for tat!

MohammedC
January 11, 2013, 12:20 PM
<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/516213538418363"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/516213538418363" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>

simon
January 11, 2013, 12:50 PM
^^many thanks for the video.
Mash, Ash looking good, I liked the way Mash shifted from Anamul to Enamul , I liked the seriousness on Sir's face.

ReZ_1
January 11, 2013, 01:38 PM
^^^ashraful ato robotic ken? is he nervous in front of the girl?

One World
January 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
That was good interview. Thanks.

Dhakablues
January 11, 2013, 04:08 PM
For the Pakistani players.. I think BCB should also take a stance that Pakistani players can join later if their board gives permission prior to the Semis.. otherwise, the franchises should look for players from Sri Lanka, England, Ireland etc. for replacements. I am pretty sure there are 23 other international players in the world who can take their place-- albeit its a bit late.

BCB should also remind PCB that the decision they are taking are solely based on security ground and PCB blackmailing or using an international tour as a bait is unacceptable. Any respecting board wouldve done that. Enough is enough, the league must go on and the team must know who are their players instead of relying on a 'Sentu' PCB board..

tejkuni
January 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
Recruiting one or two players from Afghanistan is a good idea. Remember how the inclusion of Shakib in IPL has increased the interest of BD fans. This way a BPL team can get some Afghan fans. Besides Afghanistan has some good players also.

shakibrulz
January 12, 2013, 12:18 AM
Get more quality Aus/Eng players in, BPL would get a lot of international attn. And with players like Tait playing, you'll get a glimpse of who's the real deal in domestic and who's a dead duck.

reyme
January 12, 2013, 12:52 AM
I like the idea of getting 2 to 3 afghan players. There is huge fan base and we need that for better tv rating!

captainBD
January 12, 2013, 03:47 AM
i think only 2 afghan players would be quite useful: Hamid hassan and mohammad shehzad. there are guys like zadran and mangal dont know effective are they. I dont mind afghans but why the hell did the afghans no try for BPL? Or do they have some or tournament going on during that period? :facepalm:

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 06:44 AM
heard Alex Halex out of BPL due to international committtment... so BPL becoming a failure as the time is coming near!

Rabz
January 12, 2013, 07:39 AM
^^ Yah, BPL is coming to a messy end. :ohno::ohno:
What can we do man ???

Jonas
January 12, 2013, 07:59 AM
Can anyone give a source about Alex Hales not playing? Was really looking forward to see him play in the BPL.

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 08:49 AM
^^ Yah, BPL is coming to a messy end. :ohno::ohno:
What can we do man ???

we as fan's can't do anything except to watch what unfolds.

I think when the live bpl courage begins everything will become very heated.

Can't we just allow franchise to sign players without this auction bs?

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 10:18 AM
Ya Allah getting worser... read the full article especilly the last bit about barisal.

Hales out headline in cricinfo..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/600662.html

captainBD
January 12, 2013, 10:35 AM
I think the franchises MUST clear all the dues before the tournament begins. Damn the BPL governing community

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 10:36 AM
I think the franchises MUST clear all the dues before the tournament begins. Damn the BPL governing community

BCB coruptness will come out! BCB unprofessional board to be honest. and some of the people in BPL governing community are useless and uneducated bunch of people. I heard some talk on TV and interviews.. they seem lost.

ReZ_1
January 12, 2013, 10:39 AM
Ya Allah getting worser... read the full article especilly the last bit about barisal.

Hales out headline in cricinfo..

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/600662.html

:ohno::ohno::ohno: << i can't say anything more. no assurance for pakistani players yet! the franchisers are suppose to give some portion of money prior the game starts, as usual they did nothing. Who should be blamed for all these? BCB, PCB, Game on, or the franchisers????

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 10:45 AM
:ohno::ohno::ohno: << i can't say anything more. no assurance for pakistani players yet! the franchisers are suppose to give some portion of money prior the game starts, as usual they did nothing. Who should be blamed for all these? BCB, PCB, Game on, or the franchisers????

BCB! they started all this bs. Why not have franchise owned by foreign companies and not by little cheap owners? BCB are so unorganised. The franchise to be honest are not so rich, maybe they look like it. I think the time is near where BPL will finish and dusted for ever.

ReZ_1
January 12, 2013, 10:59 AM
. Why not have franchise owned by foreign companies and not by little cheap owners? BCB are so unorganised. The franchise to be honest are not so rich, maybe they look like it. I think the time is near where BPL will finish and dusted for ever.

Patriotism, দেশীয় পণ্য কিনে হন ধন্য :waiting:

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 11:03 AM
Patriotism, দেশীয় পণ্য কিনে হন ধন্য :waiting:

don't understand the bangla bits, please say it in english bro:) thanks

roman
January 12, 2013, 11:20 AM
[বাংলা]

মোস্তফা কামালের বিরুদ্ধে আইসিসিতে চিঠি দিবে বিসিবি

<HR style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(214,214,214) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(214,214,214) 1px solid; MARGIN-TOP: 10px; BORDER-TOP: rgb(214,214,214) 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(214,214,214) 1px solid" color=#fff width="100%">

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2012December/SM/Kamal-Papon13sm20130112041453.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ঢাকা: বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরের ইস্যুতে বিসিবির দুই সভাপতি মুখোমুখি দাঁড়িয়ে গেছেন। সাবেক সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বুধবার সাংবাদিকদের কাছে বলেছেন, বিনা শর্তে পাকিস্তান সফরের বিষয়ে তিনি কোনো প্রতিশ্রুতি দেননি। বর্তনাম সভাপতিও ভুল বলেছেন এমন মন্তব্য করতেও ছাড়েননি। নাজমুল হাসান পাপন এসিসির মিটিং শেষে দেশে ফিরে শনিবার তীব্র প্রতিক্রিয়া জানিয়েছেন। নাজমুল হাসানের প্রতিক্রিয়া সবিস্তারে তুলে ধরা হলো।

[/বাংলা]

More (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=026b731b9456908b946ec015462ff 29d&nttl=12012013165446)

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 11:21 AM
roman bhia please write the main points in english, thanks:)

Night_wolf
January 12, 2013, 11:25 AM
loita aibar jabi koi..tor ato sadher ICC VP to galore

captainBD
January 12, 2013, 11:27 AM
Loving the case against Mostafa kamal. Its because of mostafa kamal's personal gain that so much had happened. It was he made all the arrangements and we had to suffer for it, BPL saga and degenerating of bilateral ties with pakistan who have atleast bother to help us unlike BCCI

roman
January 12, 2013, 11:35 AM
roman bhia please write the main points in english, thanks:)
BCB is planning to file a complaint against Kamal

ReZ_1
January 12, 2013, 11:51 AM
Ato dekhi char dik theke gittu lage jacce, player rao astese na, bpl to money hoy ar hobe na, ki bolen dadara?

Nadim
January 12, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mukhe bolche. Kuno dino hobe na. Egula shob loittar chamcha...

captainBD
January 12, 2013, 12:01 PM
If BPL becomes a super flop then I dont blame anyone but outselves. Our organization problem is a serious cause for concern. We dont deserve to host such big tournaments with incompetent people running the country.

Kohli_Sox
January 12, 2013, 12:11 PM
Probably not going to opening ceremony because just heard Anonto Jalil withdrew from a dance performance, might be a rumour so someone confirm please

ReZ_1
January 12, 2013, 12:16 PM
Probably not going to opening ceremony because just heard Anonto Jalil withdrew from a dance performance, might be a rumour so someone confirm please

Looks like the artists also turning down bpl besides players by seeing the debacle of bpl2:lol:

One World
January 12, 2013, 12:30 PM
Not funny at all.

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 02:22 PM
Pretty sure majority of Australian domestic players will be available after the Big Bash, should BCB not allow the franchise to buy them out of the auction list. I know some good players that will be free for the BPL tournment such as Matthew Wade, Jame Faulkner, Jackson Bird, Micheal Hussey, John Hastings, decent players. other players from different countries include Matt Prior, Jesse Ryder, Richard Levi, Johan Botha, Imran Tahir and Marchant de Lange many more.

Nadim
January 12, 2013, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure majority of Australian domestic players will be available after the Big Bash, should BCB not allow the franchise to buy them out of the auction list. I know some good players that will be free for the BPL tournment such as Matthew Wade, Jame Faulkner, Jackson Bird, Micheal Hussey, John Hastings, decent players. other players from different countries include Matt Prior, Jesse Ryder, Richard Levi, Johan Botha, Imran Tahir and Marchant de Lange many more.

Its not like you go to super market and buy watever you want. Players have to have interested playing bpl. And I'm sure, if they were interested, they would have put their hands up before the auction. No point saying the same thing every 2 hours on the forum:)

Hamlafan
January 12, 2013, 02:48 PM
Its not like you go to super market and buy watever you want. Players have to have interested playing bpl. And I'm sure, if they were interested, they would have put their hands up before the auction. No point saying the same thing every 2 hours on the forum:)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

in your own opinion, do you think BPL governing commitee or who ever made the auction list contacted those players or do you think they were just happy making the tournment full of pakistani players auctioned?. in my opinion BPL commitee are such failures... why.. that guy don't know his name on some interview could not answer to simple questions.. and the payment issue still goes on. I can assure you that majority of the players where not contacted by whoever made the auction list.

BengaliPagol
January 12, 2013, 06:17 PM
This BPL issue is getting messed up now. Franchises should pay the rest of the players their money ffs. Now i wont be able to see Hales open the batting with Tamim :(

Abirz
January 12, 2013, 11:51 PM
Forget everything else that's a mess, Im cracking up at the fact that some of the international and domestic players have still not been paid for last year's tournament!! :floor:

Abirz
January 12, 2013, 11:55 PM

Their availability isn't the primary issue, the issue is if they even want to come and play BPL given the payment and contract mess that followed last year and still hasn't been completely resolved. As if BCB didn't already have a bad reputation for being unprofessional and not keeping their word :facepalm:

Maysun
January 13, 2013, 04:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those who are asking. After I finish with the @<a href="https://twitter.com/bigbashleague">bigbashleague</a> I will play 4 the @<a href="https://twitter.com/dhakagladiators">dhakagladiators</a> in the BPL, then join up with Eng in NZ</p>&mdash; Luke Wright (@lukewright204) <a href="https://twitter.com/lukewright204/status/290231591056314369" data-datetime="2013-01-12T22:59:38+00:00">January 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 05:07 AM
So its gonna be another bollywood show in bpl opening ceremony...?

Ajfar
January 13, 2013, 08:07 AM
Less than a week left, yet still nothing is confirmed. I was really looking forward to this year's BPL. I thought maybe after last year's issues BCB will be more strict about everything to make sure things go more smoother. Bhabsilam fantasy league korbo, so we call enjoy it like last year. But after all this mess, I am starting to lose hope.

MohammedC
January 13, 2013, 09:47 AM
Other than Pakistanis, everyone is pretty much confirmed. We got to wait and see next couple of days who turns up and who is not

Which is team is strongest without Pakistani players.

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
Which is team is strongest without Pakistani players.

CTG.

Dhaka will miss Dilshan and Wright for first few games so CTG gets my vote

MohammedC
January 13, 2013, 09:55 AM
And Which team is weakest without Pakistani players

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 10:05 AM

Bhai, Ami boy pacchi, ki shob police er moto question kortechen...

MohammedC
January 13, 2013, 10:32 AM
sorry nadim. TBH I have no idea who is playing for which team. Not following BPL like last year.

ReZ_1
January 13, 2013, 10:34 AM
^^ one thing for sure rongpur is weakest with or without pakistani players :)

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 10:52 AM
Watching road to bpl on ch 9, and this girl doesn't Even know a single name in Rangpur Rider's team, including Nasir. Egula kuthay theke je ane (

Night_wolf
January 13, 2013, 12:01 PM

KRB te to Pak chara player e nai..they have nicely somobonton-ed between bang and pak players..half of their squad is pak

ReZ_1
January 13, 2013, 01:23 PM
KRB te to Pak chara player e nai..they have nicely somobonton-ed between bang and pak players..half of their squad is pak

Now this makes me to wish so that pakistanis do not come over here:wave: over dependence is really bad.
Also see this :down:
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/boomerang1717/Capture1.png
http://edailystar.com/index.php?opt=view&page=17&date=2013-01-13

One World
January 13, 2013, 04:13 PM
Current BPL FB Status:

Breaking news: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is confirm that Pakistani players will play in the BPL. Five pakistani player will arrive to Dhaka today.

Hamlafan
January 13, 2013, 04:27 PM
Current BPL FB Status:

BPL FB is this trustworthy Site One World?

if they do come, it will be good. we need them for this year, next season bye bye:D

Why we need them this season.. its a make or break season for BPL. Next season if all payment goes well more players will play.

Hamlafan
January 13, 2013, 05:09 PM
Chittagong Kings looks the top team in BPL-2: My Line up

1. Imran Nazir
2. Marshal Ayub
3. Ravi Bopara
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Ryan Ten Doschete
6. Mahmudullah Raid
7. Nurul Hasan
8. Rubel Hossain
9. Shaun Tait
10. Enamul Haque Jr
11. Arafat Sunny

They have too many bowling option Pacers: Tait, Bopara, bravo, Rubel, Tendo, Spinners (Enam and Arafat + Mahmudullah)

Nadim
January 13, 2013, 05:17 PM

1. Imran Nazir
2. Marshal Ayub
3. Ravi Bopara
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Ryan Ten Doschete
6. Mahmudullah Raid
7. Nurul Hasan
8. Rubel Hossain
9. Shaun Tait
10. Enamul Haque Jr
11. Arafat Sunny

They have too many bowling option Pacers: Tait, Bopara, bravo, Rubel, Tendo, Spinners (Enam and Arafat + Mahmudullah)

Yup, looks solid on paper. That batting line up crazy. They have decent reserve too. W.Riaz, Sanjamul(SLA),Cooper, Taskin and Jason Roy

reverse_swing
January 13, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mismanagement hinders build-up, say BPL teams

The BPL governing council for the first edition faced much criticism for the way they handled certain issues, but according to franchisees it has gone only from bad to worse after a new group replaced the officials for the second edition.
There are many issues still needed to be sorted out, including the participation of Pakistani players and the accommodation of players, which put the franchisees in an uncertain situation.
Champions Dhaka Gladiators are among others who raised their voice against the mismanagement of the tournament and doubted whether it would be financially viable for them.
‘They (BPL governing council) are failing in many ways and it only proves the tournament is going through a total mismanagement,’ Salim Chowdhury, owner of Gladiators, told reporters on Saturday.
‘The promotional activities are not worth mentioning as nothing is being done by the BPL committee that suggest they are not keen to take the game into the heart of the fans,’ said Salim.
‘If that is not ensured it would be difficult to sustain as the fans can only ensure a success to the competition,’ added Salim.
Salim’s disappointment doubled as he is yet to start his team’s practice like he did in the first edition because of unavailability of players – both local and foreign.

‘We are yet to get the full squad whereas even today the BCB could not guarantee over the Pakistani players’ participation,’ added Salim.
Duranto Rajshahi owner Mushfiqur Rahman also echoed the same opinion as Salim and took a U-turn from his earlier stance when he had confirmed the Pakistani players’ participation in the tournament.
Mushfiq brought in Pakistani Abdul Razzak to prove his point and show the media there is little to worry about the Pakistani players though Razzak foiled the attempt saying he cannot go against the board.
‘It is really very difficult with so many uncertainties around. Though I am a positive man still I cannot say anything with supreme authority on the Pakistani players’ issue,’ said Mushfiq.

Apart from promotion and their failure to ensure the franchises about the Pakistani players, the BPL governing council is yet to finalise a company for the opening ceremony, which is just two days away.

The franchises are yet to receive confirmation about their air tickets to take their players to the other two venues in Khulna and Chittagong.
Some franchises complained that due to a lack of cooperation from the BCB they did not get the hotel booking and are being charged almost double than their expected rent.

Source: http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-01-14&nid=36674

reverse_swing
January 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
Current BPL FB Status:

Breaking news: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is confirm that Pakistani players will play in the BPL. Five pakistani player will arrive to Dhaka today.

From BPL FB Status:
Breaking News: BCB is confident that Pakistani players will play in the BPL. 5 Pakistani players will arrive to Dhaka today.

reyme
January 14, 2013, 01:52 AM
All eyes on PAK players/trip issue, while lots of major issues are not in place!
Air tickets and hotels are not even booked for Khulna and Chittagong!

Just start the DPL instead, this is really poor management...

Hamlafan
January 14, 2013, 09:19 AM
Chittagong Kings looking organised:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/600871.html?page=1;object=25

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/image/600871.html?page=1;object=25

Click the X to see Practice photo includes Bopara and Jason Roy

shakibrulz
January 14, 2013, 09:55 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/600856.html

Bloody joke.

shakibrulz
January 14, 2013, 09:59 AM

1. Imran Nazir
2. Marshal Ayub
3. Ravi Bopara
4. Dwayne Bravo
5. Ryan Ten Doschete
6. Mahmudullah Raid
7. Nurul Hasan
8. Rubel Hossain
9. Shaun Tait
10. Enamul Haque Jr
11. Arafat Sunny

Jason Roy in for Bopara. Terrific lineup, got a feeling it's Dhaka vs Ctg, with Sylhet being the other major contender.

Nadim
January 14, 2013, 10:27 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/600856.html

Bloody joke.

yh bunch of idiots :sick:

Players are supposed to get 25% of the money before the tournament starts, 25% during the tournament, and the remaining 50% within 150 days after the competition ends.

"I haven't received it yet," Shakib said after Dhaka Gladiators' first training session. "I think rules about payment should be written down so that payments can be made properly. The players will appreciate if payments are made for this season because we know what happened last season."

cricheart
January 14, 2013, 10:28 AM

Bloody joke.

"It would be great if we get paid soon, because we give our 100% when we take the field and deliver results."
Thats interesting comment. ppl will be still be happy to see his 75% in the game.

mufi_02
January 14, 2013, 10:30 AM
Thats interesting comment. ppl will be still be happy to see his 75% in the game.

What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying Shak doesn't give 100% in the field?

AsifTheManRahman
January 14, 2013, 10:37 AM
Lost in translation. Here's the BCB media release, see the last question:

Q. How was the first practice of Dhaka Gladiators?
Shakib: We are still to have the full squad; it was only the locals who practiced today. It was more like a get together and a little of warm-up. Hopefully the practice will be more serious from tomorrow as all will be checking-in the team hotel tonight and we have the foreign cricketers and head-coach joining us tomorrow.

Q. The teams are getting only two three days to practice before the tournament starts. Do you think too short to have a team preparation?
Shakib: I think all the other members of the team were into playing matches except for me, so I don’t think it won’t be much of a problem for them. And I have been practicing personally for few days now, so I feel it shouldn’t be a much of a problem.

Q. Injury situation.
Shakib: To be true, I think I am not fit yet however hopefully will recover with in the first two matches.

Q. How much helpful do you think BPL will be to the players before the national team tours Sri Lanka in March?
Shakib: It is tough to comment on this but I think BPL helped us in the Asia Cup. So if the local cricketers can manage perform, I am sure this will help.

Q. Do you think the second edition of BPL has less international stars?
Shakib: I don’t think there is much of a difference in spite of Chris Gayle. And at the same time I think we have many local stars also.

Q. How are you seeing Dhaka Gladiator’ expectation?
Shakib: I am a professional cricketer so I will always try to give my best for any side that I play. I have never thought of what Dhaka is expecting rather I have in my mind that I will need to contribute for the team in the best way possible.
Q. Do you think it would have been better to have practice matches before the tournament?
Shakib: We probably have one practice match against Rangpur Riders on the 16<sup>th</sup>. It will help me a lot if the match takes place.

Q. Do you think the negatives about the BPL will affect the players?
Shakib: I haven’t been following the news for few days now so I have a very little idea of whats happening. The only thing I have in mind is that I am in the Dhaka team and I will be playing for Dhaka team.

Q. What should be expected from Dhaka Gladiators?
Shakib: As because Dhaka are the defending champions all will expect to retain the title. I find the team combination to be very good but we will need to perform on field and if we can perform to our think, the team will surely get good results.

Q. Do you think irregular payments will affect the players' performance?
Shakib: It should never affect but I feel that it will hurt them, which is a normal thing to happen. There is nothing much to say on this as we (players) all have suffered. Getting the full payment will always make us feel better as we try to give our 100 percent, doesn’t matter which team we are playing for. But this can never be the reason that few will get the payment and few will not. I feel that there should be more concrete rules when comes to paying the players so that the players are not ill-treated.

He isn't saying he'll only give his 100% if he gets paid up-front, in fact he's saying the opposite.

cricheart
January 14, 2013, 10:39 AM
What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying Shak doesn't give 100% in the field?

I never said that. Dont you see, He just threat the DG owner with that percentage?! What is the purpose of this interview in cricinfo anyway! I'm quite sure now DG wont win matches with these 75% efforts from the performers if payments aint clear first.

BANFAN
January 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
Who are all the coaches.....If Pak players don't come, what's their second plan....any closed door auction as we were hearing??

Moriarty
January 14, 2013, 01:11 PM
No NOCs signed yet, I really hope they sort this out IPL has too much of a monopoly

Murad
January 14, 2013, 02:55 PM
Ei thread ta sticky chilo na? Unsticky korlo ke??
Sometimes khujei paoa jai na.

BengaliPagol
January 14, 2013, 06:46 PM
This is infuriating me the way the franchises arent paying players. Its been going on for too long. Even all the money hasnt been paid from the last BPL which makes me sick.

reyme
January 14, 2013, 08:39 PM
BPL2 should be postponed for 2 weeks. Lets sort out all PAK player issue, payment issues for past and present. This will give enough time for all the franchises to get ready with players, give them time to practice and prepare, take care of hotels/transportation issues, and if needed perform a second Auction to fill up all the gaps. BBL will be over by then, and more players will be available. BCB can also add more players in the auction to replace injured/unavailable players.

I thought BPL1 was arranged in a hurry. BPL2 is 100 times worse!

Ajfar
January 14, 2013, 09:07 PM
^ It's too late. You can't postpone a tournament 5 days before it's suppose to start, some of the foreign players are already here.

Rabz
January 15, 2013, 12:49 AM
With all the controversy and uncertainty, this edition of the tournament is really losing its shine.
May be when it finally gets going we might feel it, but for now, not excited.

Hasan2k8
January 15, 2013, 06:07 AM
I was really looking forward to the 2nd edition of BPL but not anymore because of the mismanagment and unproffessional acts of the organisers and those who are running the league!

Hasan2k8
January 15, 2013, 06:26 AM
When is the opening ceremony?. If there is one

riajul
January 15, 2013, 06:29 AM
When is the opening ceremony?. If there is one

on thursday at 4:30 pm local time. No more bollywood show this time.

Hamlafan
January 15, 2013, 06:47 AM
None of the Pakistani players auction for BPL not taking part in Pakistan Domestic League! NOW BCB don't do anything stupid... let them wait, they will come at the end.

simon
January 15, 2013, 07:13 AM
I don't know and I don't care who comes who won't come, although I blve Pak players will end up coming, they can't refuse so much money.
All I want is to see our boys playing, tired of following other teams playin, we have such a poor schedule, we have to wait 2 + months in between every series.

MohammedC
January 15, 2013, 08:02 AM
Apparently Mirpur is buzzing with rumors. Source : Muhammad Isam

Maysun
January 15, 2013, 09:33 AM
Overheard a conversation between colleagues

"Ananta Jalil wanted to make an entrance using the helicopter. Since his request was not granted, he pulled out"

:-|

Out_You_Go
January 15, 2013, 09:39 AM

"Ananta Jalil wanted to make an entrance using the helicopter. Since his request was not granted, he pulled out"

:floor: :floor:

roman
January 15, 2013, 09:55 AM

Haha, Jalil bhai purai pankha:floor: