PDA

View Full Version : Tendulkar retires from ODIs

Sovik
December 23, 2012, 12:59 AM
Sachin Tendulkar has announced his retirement from ODI cricket

More to follow (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/598302.html)

Zeeshan
December 23, 2012, 01:01 AM
stunned~! :o

Sovik
December 23, 2012, 01:25 AM
I really wanted him to score 50th ODI hundred

Rabz
December 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
I have lived to see this day, though a part of me just died now.
Never known cricket without him.

ahnaf
December 23, 2012, 01:28 AM
I dont know what to say... His achievement in this format is unbeilevable.. His record speaks for himself.. What can i say is Odi cricket will miss him more than anything...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

riajul
December 23, 2012, 01:48 AM
I really wanted him to score 50th ODI hundred

me too.

roman
December 23, 2012, 01:50 AM
Sad day for cricket. We will never see another batsman of his caliber.

Isnaad
December 23, 2012, 01:54 AM
Never felt so empty from a cricketing point of view. Thank you Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. 463 ODIs, 18426 runs. People can only dream of coming anywhere close to you.

al Furqaan
December 23, 2012, 02:10 AM
He's been virually retired since the 07 world cup, folks. He only came back for AC to get the 100th against BD bowling attack. It won't hit until he hangs up his boots in Test cricket...and honestly, I hope he continues to play until age 45, so I hope he hits some good Test form in his upcoming matches.

Sohel
December 23, 2012, 02:20 AM
His best years are behind him IMO, and can't say didn't see it coming. His remarkable class and consistency will be sorely missed. There's still time for him to make a graceful exit from tests as well.

NoName
December 23, 2012, 02:50 AM
I thought he'd retire in tests before ODIs, wanted him to get his 50th hundred that 49 irks me a lot now!

Watching India play will be extremely different now with all their legends leaving now, what an awesome player he was.

Maysun
December 23, 2012, 03:36 AM
It was just a matter of formality, really. I knew his ODI career was drawn to a close as soon as India won the WC. Even if he didn't announce his retirement, I think the selectors wouldve gone with the new team because his phase in the ODI was over after CWC 2011.

But that being said, it marks the end of an era. A legend in the format whose feats can never be reached or broken.

Hats off.

al-Sagar
December 23, 2012, 05:20 AM
I have lived to see this day, though a part of me just died now.
Never known cricket without him.

same feelings here ...... he is the only player that i have seen the whole time of my cricket watching career which started in the 1991-2. al others who were playing cricket that time perished a long ago. only sachin was existing and now he's gone too

MyRoom
December 23, 2012, 06:58 AM
Don't be fooled, he retired from ODIs not Tests, he's a great player and lad I know that but I still think he plays for records definitely will retire from all International Cricket once he achieves that 200th test so that would prove my point.

simon
December 23, 2012, 09:13 AM
No one served cricket the way you did.:clap:
You are a master. :notworthy:
Good luck to you and hope you make a brilliant exit from Tests.( not like I'm hoping you to exit soon.)

HereWeGo
December 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
His last ODI innings was in Dhaka.... (Wish people knew during the game)

Also his last ODI 100 was in Dhaka....

I really think selectors wanted to drop him since they did not want a passenger for the important pakistan series...so he was forced to retire... (just my conspiracy theory)

Roni_uk
December 23, 2012, 11:57 AM
Oh com on.. one more ODI series???? :(

I will miss him more than any other retirees - A legend.

One World
December 23, 2012, 12:04 PM
Sachin is like Ali of cricket.

Cric Boss
December 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
Honestly writing.....i always dislike Indian Cricket as a supporter and Sachin was never in my favourite cricketers list.
But for the 1st time today i have cried for a cricketer and that is Sachin Tendulker.I dont know why. m still confused.
This man has born to win,there is a lot of things we can learn from him.
Funny but its true-i have been inspired by his record(impossible is nothing) and now after a lot of frustration i have started my study again from today.
So,Love u boss and will Miss u
Thank u :)
hats off to u

al Furqaan
December 23, 2012, 07:07 PM
Once he retires from Tests, cricket and Indian cricket in particular won't be the same. Not seeing SR tendulkar in a scorecard will be the weirdest feeling on earth.

Zeeshan
December 24, 2012, 04:57 PM
He's been virually retired since the 07 world cup, folks. He only came back for AC to get the 100th against BD bowling attack.

What a grinch.

BANFAN
December 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Happy that he finally left....would have missed him if he would leave earlier....

Ajfar
December 24, 2012, 06:00 PM
He's been virually retired since the 07 world cup, folks. He only came back for AC to get the 100th against BD bowling attack.

Sachin played 80 ODI matches after the 2007 WC. How is that virtually retired? I would say he's been virtually retired from ODI since the 2011 world cup. Up till 2010 he was playing ODI for India pretty regularly. He played just a handful of ODI's in 2010 leading up to the WC in 2011.

I was expecting this announcement from Tendulkar right after WC 2011. IMO, that was his perfect opportunity to say good bye to at least ODI cricket.

al Furqaan
December 24, 2012, 07:13 PM
Sachin played 80 ODI matches after the 2007 WC. How is that virtually retired? I would say he's been virtually retired from ODI since the 2011 world cup. Up till 2010 he was playing ODI for India pretty regularly. He played just a handful of ODI's in 2010 leading up to the WC in 2011.

I was expecting this announcement from Tendulkar right after WC 2011. IMO, that was his perfect opportunity to say good bye to at least ODI cricket.

80 ODIs after 07 world cup is not that many at all, esp when you factor out the 11 WC and AC you're left with 65 or so matches. India have probably played 200 ODIs or more in that time span.

Jadukor
December 24, 2012, 11:34 PM
80 ODIs after 07 world cup is not that many at all, esp when you factor out the 11 WC and AC you're left with 65 or so matches. India have probably played 200 ODIs or more in that time span.
You make absolutely no sense. He played the 2011 WC and was a big run getter and you are calling him virtually retired after WC 2007? He scored the double hundred in ODI also after that WC 07.

Night_wolf
December 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
he waited,frustrated us with his retirement and all we get is a ODI retirement..c'mon sachin retire from all in playing a full series, or retire from ODI playing the pak series..your fans deserve to send you last goodbye in ODI cricket..

Though this makes me very proud that your last ODI was in Bangladesh, your last ODI should be in India

Ajfar
December 25, 2012, 12:55 AM

Dhoni played roughly 150 ODI games after 2007 WC. So Sachin played over 50% of the games Dhoni's played in. How exactly is that virtual retirement? If Dhoni's played in about 150 ODIs that means at best India played 170 ODI's during that time span, not 200, that's including WC games and Asia cup.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this? Just because Tendulkar didn't play every single ODI's in that time span doesn't mean he retired. Some of his best innings came after WC 2007, including the first double hundred in the ODI history and that 175 against Australia. It's a given fact that he reduced the number of games significantly after the 2007 in order to pro long his career and play WC 2011 at his home.

al Furqaan
December 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
Dhoni played roughly 150 ODI games after 2007 WC. So Sachin played over 50% of the games Dhoni's played in. How exactly is that virtual retirement? If Dhoni's played in about 150 ODIs that means at best India played 170 ODI's during that time span, not 200, that's including WC games and Asia cup.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this? Just because Tendulkar didn't play every single ODI's in that time span doesn't mean he retired. Some of his best innings came after WC 2007, including the first double hundred in the ODI history and that 175 against Australia. It's a given fact that he reduced the number of games significantly after the 2007 in order to pro long his career and play at his home for the 2011 WC.

Dude just get a lawyer and file a law suit. I'll be happy to settle out of court. Apologies for stepping over your sensitive toes.

Roey Haque
December 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
What a fool! Retire against Pakistan mayne! So the players can give you a guard of honor and we can see it.

kalpurush
December 26, 2012, 03:42 PM
Though this makes me very proud that your last ODI was in Bangladesh, your last ODI should be in India
Tendu is more smarter than we think!
He knows India is a below par ODI side at the moment, thus, decided not to play..;)

Anyway, I support his decision. He seems overwhelmed with all these glories!!

Night_wolf
December 27, 2012, 03:16 AM
I as many indian fans wanted tendulkar to retire from all sorts of int cricket, and i was disappointed when he only retired from ODI cricket, that to after scoring that 100th 100...he now looks even more selfish, playing only for the records. But now as Tendu has retired from the ODI cricket and we fans face the harsh reality that he'll never play ODI again, i dont want tendu to retire from test cricket. i would cherish as long as he plays..

Tendulkar You clever clever dude, by retiring form one form of cricket where you had nothing more to achieve you have stopped the band wagoners who were crying for your retirement. Now those same guys will miss you in one format and would want you to carry on in tests...Thous the end of this retire talks at least for now

Bravo Mr. Tendulkar, you trolled everybody :D

Antora
December 29, 2012, 12:27 AM
I really wanted him to retire after the Pakistan tour :(