PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh+Zim to play an Prelim Round in 2014 World T20 Along with 6 Associates

jashan83
January 22, 2013, 10:47 AM
This has been reported at 3 Places. Bangladesh will have to play a Prelim tournament along with Zim and 6 Qualified Associate Team. The Top 2 teams from this tournament will then the Top 8 Test Nations who will be divided in 2 Groups of 5 each

This means really tough competition from teams like Ireland, Afghanistan, Scotland, Zimbabwe & Netherlands (Note except Zim, these are the probable teams which may qualify). Though Bangladesh will be like the Top 8 teams at Home Grounds, but what happens if by an outside chance Bangladesh does not make it- Will we have empty stadiums

First an Facebook Page Dedicated to Associate Cricket
http://www.facebook.com/AssociateCricket

Then in Telegraph News Paper of UK
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/twenty20/9783233/T20-shake-up-aims-to-reduce-token-games.html

And another reliable site dedicated to Associate Cricket
http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES6/articles/000026/002661.shtml

There was much rejoicing in the world of associate and affiliate cricket when the ICC announced that the 2014 World Twenty20 would feature sixteen teams with six qualifiers from the qualifier in the UAE later this year joining the ten full members in Bangladesh. It would be the most inclusive World Cup tournament in cricket since the 2007 one-day World Cup in the West Indies.

But as ever, it isn't quite as simple as that.

The first stage at the World Twenty20 will instead see the six qualifiers join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in a preliminary round - the format of which is not known at this time - from which two teams will join the remaining full members in the first round proper.

This of course means that the main part of the tournament could well feature only the ten full members, though the six qualifiers, especially Ireland and Afghanistan, should they qualify, will no doubt be confident that they can overcome Zimbabwe and the hosts.

Whilst the preliminary round will be part of the tournament and be televised, it is hard to see this as anything other than an extra stage of qualification. The media will no doubt take it as such, only treating the subsequent stages as being the "real" tournament.

It also remains to be seen what would happen with the following World Twenty20 should one of the Associate/Affiliate qualifiers make it through the preliminary round. Would Zimbabwe or Bangladesh then be "relegated" to qualification rounds for the next tournament? Will the teams that then finish bottom of their five team first round groups then be relegated to the preliminary round next time?

History suggests not - after all, at least one qualifier has finished with a better record than at least one full member at all four tournaments so far and still had to qualify for the subsequent tournament.

Some may be satisfied with the format - it does after all guarantee six associate/affiliate sides at least one match against a full member in a short time period. But it does take away from the magic of what World Cups are supposed to be - a chance for the "smaller nations" to be on an even footing with the big boys.

Instead, they just qualify for a chance to take on the big boys. It feels like another attempt by the full members to protect their status and keep any other nation from daring to try and take their place. One could argue that rather than expanding the World Twenty20 to sixteen teams, they've reduced it to ten.

One World
January 22, 2013, 10:54 AM
England is afraid of Holland.
Pakistan is afraid of Ireland.
West Indies is afraid of Bangladesh.

India is afraid of ... well India is India, everyone.

What else can you expect?

Nadim
January 22, 2013, 10:57 AM
Is this for real? Host country have to qualify for a WC? :-/

Tiger Manc
January 22, 2013, 10:57 AM
If Bangladesh don't qualify the tournament will be a failure. You'll see rows of empty seats in the stands.

Spiderman
January 22, 2013, 11:04 AM
That's rubbish! it hasn't been verified and if it is true then like I said before, bottom ranked nations need to remove themselves from ICC and form a new organisation i.e. WCC so that we are getting our fair share. The way Cricket is run is so weird compared to other sports and deliberately restricting it to the few mainly because of the money and status. Cricket is already losing popularity because of this so the sport itself will be in a big jeopardy if this is true. Clearly stupid ICC has no intention of spreading the game and will be exposed for what it really is and feeding on India giant money. I always thought ICC was an Indian Cricket Council. We now see in current International matches in places like South Africa, West Indies, Australia etc no grounds being filled for their International matches so the sport will just die.

BD Tigers
January 22, 2013, 11:09 AM
Lota Kamal is behind this...:waiting:

BANFAN
January 22, 2013, 11:31 AM
As the host, BD should be an automatic choice, even if this rule is in force for two bottom ranked full members.....otherwise, this is discrimination....bd should boycott it ...it's a matter of respect.

shakibrulz
January 22, 2013, 11:43 AM
Absolute load of crap. Both from a financial and cricketing POV, pretty poor stuff.

AsifTheManRahman
January 22, 2013, 12:04 PM
We will lose to Turkmenistan and fail to qualify. There go our chances of playing a World Cup at home for a while.

Murad
January 22, 2013, 12:07 PM
True hole Cricinfo shobar agei publish korto.

So its not true.

Telegraph news was publish on 5th january. Today its 22nd. And CI eto dine erokom kisui publish korenai.

So chill guys!!!

Spiderman
January 22, 2013, 12:07 PM
The daily telegraph reports a load of rubbish, the short article was written by Mr Berry who has biased views towards a team like Bangladesh. I don't know where they get such nonsense from.

Hamlafan
January 22, 2013, 12:08 PM
this is not right, The host nation should auto qualify, Is Kamal taking revenge?

kalpurush
January 22, 2013, 12:15 PM
I doubt it would be implemented in next year. May be in 2016?

NoName
January 22, 2013, 12:16 PM
If we don't qualify.....:floor::floor:

kalpurush
January 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
Look! Who is the writer...

<!-- remove the whitespace added by escenic before end of tag -->http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01782/ScyldBerry_60_1782356j.jpg (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/scyldberry/)

By Scyld Berry (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/scyldberry/)

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/twenty20/9783233/T20-shake-up-aims-to-reduce-token-games.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/twenty20/9783233/T20-shake-up-aims-to-reduce-token-games.html)

brockley
January 22, 2013, 12:24 PM
I thought the next t20 world cup was 14 teams,interesting as icc said t20 will develop the associate nations,another backdown.

cricheart
January 22, 2013, 02:17 PM
Its somewhat makes sense in terms of financial ground as local side will be playing more matches with the minnows which will ensure local spectators' appearances. ICC seems dont want to arrange matches where big teams will be playing small sides in empty stadiums (happened in latest WT20 last year), instead trying to make money from these low profile matches. If they are really trying to fully exploit this cricket craze in Bangladeshi spectators, they better ensure BD to play main part of the tournament even after these preliminary rounds. I dont know how. Maybe by fixing or playing with weakest among the weakers, where BD winning is most likely and besides we will have some extra practice matches thru these.
IMO ICC playing a very risky game here; either they being over-confident on BD here to pass thru or a very stupid decision to make WT20 a fail tourney in BD.

betaar
January 22, 2013, 03:23 PM
This can't be reliable news but to be honest, if we have to worry about not qualifying beating the associates then we don't deserve to be in the WC.

Max100
January 22, 2013, 03:35 PM
all rules are made to save top 6 cricket team. ICC make sure that less game for rising team. they destroyed kenya, now destroying ireland, bangladesh. zimbabwe is almost gone. next target will be afghan. its hard to believe after kenya reached semi final in wc, ICC never helped them providing more matches.

how many game Holland get and still they beat england, almost beat india

bangladesh play more ODI--so they win more against top team--simple and easy

NZ just won a series against SAF

Bangladesh played test after 9 months. if some elite team wud play test after 9 months, i wonder how wud be their situation, but we made 500 plus run and fight 4 days hard core

godzilla
January 22, 2013, 04:39 PM
:facepalm: This is the most BS i have heard in ages. How can a country host the WC and have to qualify to play. Cricket will go no where if this stupidity continues.

Ajfar
January 22, 2013, 04:48 PM
This news has 'Bhua' written all over it. We are hosting the tournament.

mij
January 22, 2013, 05:33 PM
Its a joke, this can't be right.

Spiderman
January 22, 2013, 06:00 PM
Course its a joke Scyled Berry is a bias man, he was just trolling do you really think Bangladesh will host a tournament and waste all that money if they are not going to participate? obviously not. That reminds me when Bangladesh tour Zimbabwe this year, someone tell the little man vice-president Kamal to raise our test series with them to 3 matches. I'm so frustrated Shakib number 1 ranking got stolen because he hasn't played enough games.

BengaliPagol
January 22, 2013, 06:29 PM
Read the OP's sig. A clown of all sorts.

BengaliPagol
January 22, 2013, 06:34 PM
Btw the guy who opened this thread opens negative threads about us.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=37731
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=36831

mr cricket
January 22, 2013, 06:59 PM
This is stupid. Why not just have 2 group of 6 teams each?

10 full member + 2 associates.

ICC is killing cricket.

Moriarty
January 22, 2013, 07:26 PM
I fail to see the reason behind this, I thought the whole point was to spread cricket or maybe its to save the higher ranked teams from the blushes.

Poor decision

Also I think you guys are pretty decent in home conditions so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
The OP has credibility issues...he claims to be a NRB in Africa or something but thinks BD are worse than Cameroon.

mr cricket
January 22, 2013, 10:19 PM
I fail to see the reason behind this, I thought the whole point was to spread cricket or maybe its to save the higher ranked teams from the blushes.

Poor decision

Also I think you guys are pretty decent in home conditions so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

Ireland and Zimbabwe could give us headache.

M.H.Rubel
January 23, 2013, 10:40 AM
We are the host and we will have to play qualifier?
Without Bangladesh tournament will be a joke............

mufi_02
January 23, 2013, 10:45 AM
Btw the guy who opened this thread opens negative threads about us.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=37731
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=36831

nice find. he could be this guy
http://newindianexpress.com/incoming/article1240417.ece/ALTERNATES/w140/Scyld-Berry.jpg

jashan83
January 23, 2013, 03:07 PM
Ireland are happy with qualifier tournament

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES6/articles/000026/002669.shtml

Cricket Ireland's Performance Director Richard Holdsworth Discusses The Format for the 2014 World T20 with RTE's John Kenny

John Kenny: There was much rejoicing in the world of Associate Cricket when the ICC announced that the 2014 World T20 would feature sixteen teams with six qualifiers from the qualifier in the UAE later this year, joining ten full team members in Bangladesh. But as ever it seems the ICC, it's not as simple as that. The first stage of the T20 will instead see the six qualifiers, which should include Ireland, join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in a Preliminary Round from which two teams will be joining the remaining full members in the first round proper. Well Cricket Ireland's Performance Director Richard Holdsworth joins me now, good evening to you Richard.

Richard Holdsworth: Good evening John, how are you.

John Kenny: I'm very good. Richard this seems like another qualifying tournament. What on earth is going on?

Richard Holdsworth: Well it certainly does read that way, I must admit. Look I think internally, actually, we haven't got a great problem with it. Whilst it might seem that way on the periphery, as you well know having been out there and broadcasting during the last T20 in Sri Lanka, we unfortunately, because of the nature of that format only had two matches before the Super Eights. We played one against Australia, and unfortunately the second one as rained out. We never had a chance to effectively qualify for the next stage. What are we trying to do as Cricket Ireland? We're trying to play against the full members on a regular basis. And what this new format does do is, if you can get through that next stage, and bearing in mind we beat Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in warm up games in the last tournament, we've beaten Bangladesh last year in a T20 here in Ireland, and the fact there is, is that if we can get through that stage, the next phase will be playing against the top eight full members in World Cricket. And that's what we want to be doing on a regular basis.

John Kenny: So I suppose from this point of view, form what you're saying from that point of view is that you won't have to worry about warm up games then basically when you've qualified, that you basically go straight into another tournament?

Richard Holdsworth: Exactly, and you know you don't come off cold there, you're not still perhaps acclimatising, you're right in the mix there now. We are aspiring to become a full member country, to be on the top table with the big boys. We're further aspiring to one day play test cricket. I think there's an element of we can't have our cake and eat it. We need to be able to play against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. We need to back ourselves to beat them and the other Associate High Performance Countries in that first phase. Those games will be televised, they will be live around the world.

John Kenny: I was going to bring that up, yeah. Actually we'll get a chance to get on TV with this preliminary round qualifier.

Richard Holdsworth: Yeah we've had confirmed by ICC, that those games will be on television. Similarly we will get the same participation fee that we got the last time. And that's something crucial to our further investment in the game, and making sure we've got the players available to be selected for those events. So I think we've got to back ourselves to beat the likes of Scotland, Netherlands, that we've done many a time before, beat Bangladesh or Zimbabwe, because there'll probably be two groups in that first phase. Win those three games, and then we've got a further four games against the Top Eight. Now that's what we're looking at. We want to be playing against those guys, not as we saw in Sri Lanka, to be knocked out after two matches, and we're on the way home having played effectively about sixty odd overs.

John Kenny: Indeed. But you have to qualify a swell. You have to go to the UAE.

Richard Holdsworth: We do of course, and we shouldn't count our chickens too early.

John Kenny: But surely Ireland are good enough to get a top six place?

Richard Holdsworth: Well John we won that event last time around. We played a very competitive match against Afghanistan, we will be going there to win that tournament, not to qualify. But instead of the top two going through, it's the top six. So we're going to have to have a massive slip up and play incredibly poorly, to not qualify. But that's what our aim is. Our aim is to win that tournament, win it convincingly, and then go to Bangladesh with a huge amount of confidence, and progress to the second phase of that.

John Kenny: Going to be a very busy year for Irish Cricket, isn't it?

Richard Holdsworth: There's a lot going on. We've got England in the RSA Challenge in September in Malahide, which is fantastic. We want to be playing those guys regularly. We've just announced yesterday we've got Pakistan for two One Day Internationals, we're not sure where those games will be played yet. And we're in talks with Bangladesh for them to come over here as well, and play hopefully three matches, either ODI's or T20 or a combination.

John Kenny: All right, thanks for joining us Richard. That's Richard Holdsworth there, who is the Performance Director with Cricket Ireland.

al-Sagar
January 24, 2013, 05:16 AM
are we doomed already ???

ahnaf
January 24, 2013, 06:04 AM
^ lol.. :p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al Furqaan
January 24, 2013, 06:31 AM
This is incorrect news although being reported in some credible sites. Firstly, CI hasn't mentioned anything and neither has wikipedia's page on the event. I hardly believe cricket europe would report a story before CI.

Secondly, this is a dangerous game for the host country to have to qualify. NZ, WI aren't far ahead of BD in ODIs - in fact, NZ was behind till very recently. If the same thing happens in T20s they may find themselves fighting over scraps with the Associates. They'd rather keep BD and ZIM in the top 10, than risk themselves being demoted along with the Associates.

mr cricket
January 24, 2013, 06:47 AM
This is incorrect news although being reported in some credible sites. Firstly, CI hasn't mentioned anything and neither has wikipedia's page on the event. I hardly believe cricket europe would report a story before CI.

Secondly, this is a dangerous game for the host country to have to qualify. NZ, WI aren't far ahead of BD in ODIs - in fact, NZ was behind till very recently. If the same thing happens in T20s they may find themselves fighting over scraps with the Associates. They'd rather keep BD and ZIM in the top 10, than risk themselves being demoted along with the Associates.

T20 rankings can be sometimes bizzare. Australia was ranked below Ireland and us at one point.

AbuDarda
January 24, 2013, 07:54 AM
হাঃ হাঃ হাঃ! এই নিউজ যদি সত্যি হয় মানে বাংলাদেশকে যদি সত্যিই কোয়ালিফাইং রাউন্ড খেলতে হয়,তাইলে নেক্সট টি টুয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ সুপার ফ্লপ হওয়ার সমুহ সম্ভাবনা,কজ দেশের মাটিতে বাংলাদেশকে ছাড়া বিশ্বকাপ দেখবে বাংলাদেশীরা? কাভি নেহি!!! আমার মনে হয়না যে আইসিসি এত বড় ঝুঁকি নেবে!

Night_wolf
January 24, 2013, 08:31 AM
lol if Bangladesh fails to qualify this would be the 1st time host country wont play a WC..Host country has to qualify for a WC?...lol ICC stop Sucking feets of india aus eng

cricheart
January 24, 2013, 08:40 AM
Forget the trophy ftb. This will be question of maan-shomman. BD must qualify. We better play more t20s this year to find out our best combo.

jashan83
January 25, 2013, 03:03 AM
Now the news has been reported by Cricket Ireland. The same Interview have been posted. Well people having faith in Wikipedia. Even a kid can also edit Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not reliable, but this news has been reported at many places now.
I hope it is not true, but if it is happening then it needs to be reported

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/holdsworth-talks-about-2014-icc-world-twenty20

RazabQ
January 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
Hoiley hok. We'll win comfortably enough against associates in our home conditions. And then use that match practice to defeat the big six. They can rig the game whatever way they want - we'll still work it!

RazabQ
January 25, 2013, 11:51 AM
And I repeat, Scyld Berry is the guy who insisted Pakistan visiting UK is like a home match for them because, get this, you get better curry in Manchester than Lahore. Or words to that effect. After that I knew this guy probably has wet dreams about wearing a readcoat and chopping off the fingers of muslin (the fine silk) craftsman.

RazabQ
January 25, 2013, 11:52 AM
I for one want a qualifying tourney where we smack the Irish team good. Beshi kotha koy.

BANFAN
January 25, 2013, 01:22 PM
I for one want a qualifying tourney where we smack the Irish team good. Beshi kotha koy.

We have the habit of doing unimaginable things in cricket ...don't we..!!

cricheart
January 25, 2013, 01:37 PM
Irish forgot the whitewash and recalling the WT20 practice match win! I guess they are appreciating this cause they dont have to face bigger teams and get to knock out cheaply. Instead they are now finding BD & Zimbabwe as easier targets.

kalpurush
January 25, 2013, 11:41 PM
We have the habit of doing unimaginable things in cricket ...don't we..!!
Are you implying that Tigers wpuld be the T20 WC champ in 2014 at Dhaka?

Hei, I am in you boat too BANFAN! :)

kalpurush
January 25, 2013, 11:49 PM
Hoiley hok. We'll win comfortably enough against associates in our home conditions. And then use that match practice to defeat the big six.
+1

Take that India
Take that Australia
Take that South Africa
Take that England
Take that Pakistan
Take that Sri Lanka

NZ er Wi ei pedani khaichhe, er kichhu koilam na!!!

jashan83
January 26, 2013, 03:51 AM
I don't know why some people are so sure that Associates can defeat BD in BD. It is next to impossible. It will not happen
If there is a qualifying tournament or not, BD will be playing with the Top 6 teams

However if it was Europe then it was a thing to be worried about.

al Furqaan
January 26, 2013, 09:19 PM
Now the news has been reported by Cricket Ireland. The same Interview have been posted. Well people having faith in Wikipedia. Even a kid can also edit Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not reliable, but this news has been reported at many places now.
I hope it is not true, but if it is happening then it needs to be reported

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/holdsworth-talks-about-2014-icc-world-twenty20

http://www.iccworldtwenty20.com/search?q=t20+2014

The Irish have developed a bit of a habit of talking big, so I'm not surprised. They claimed that Bangladesh avoids playing them because of a fear of losing, even though we're one of the few sides to have hosted them for a full ODI series, and visited them for a full T20 series, winning 6-0 in the process.

http://www.iccworldtwenty20.com/search?q=t20+2014

I just searched on the ICC's site and they haven't reported any format changes. They have an article stating who's qualified for the women's 2014 tourney, and they didn't bother to mention a format change involving the host nation of the mens tourney? I find that difficult to believe.

Either its a completely made up story, or the ICC is having behind the scenes discussions on it and it hasn't been confirmed.

Bangladesh has every change of getting knocked out and that would be disastrous for the tournament. I think the ICC knows that.

iDumb
January 26, 2013, 09:28 PM
Is this for real? Host country have to qualify for a WC? :-/

LOL! Someone is not thinking. There is no way Bangladesh is gonnna play qualifying rounds if they are hosting the tournament.. hahhaha.. .who comes up with these ideas?

Mauryan
January 27, 2013, 11:02 AM
I really want to love irish cricket and want them to develope but its sickening how they always gotta chat crap about us. We need to invite them regularly and whitewash every time to shut their dirty mouth.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

mij
January 27, 2013, 12:28 PM
I really want to love irish cricket and want them to develope but its sickening how they always gotta chat crap about us. We need to invite them regularly and whitewash every time to shut their dirty mouth.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
:up::up::up:

Spiderman
January 27, 2013, 01:15 PM
This Jashan83 guy is also on Indian Cricket forum posting the same thing on page 2 I think or 1.

Isnaad
January 27, 2013, 01:28 PM
South Africa hosted FIFA 2010 World Cup and they were ranked 83. They didn't even need to qualify for being the hosts.
And here we are, one of the top 10 teams and hosts. We need to qualify? Trust me, NOT HAPPENING.

Leafs PWN
January 29, 2013, 09:55 AM

Instead of helping them develop their cricket by doing that, we should beat their *** everytime we face them in a tournament. That should do it.

That one WC win over us really got to their heads.

Habib
January 29, 2013, 10:43 AM
Instead of helping them develop their cricket by doing that, we should beat their *** everytime we face them in a tournament. That should do it.

That one WC win over us really got to their heads.

Two actually. One in ODI WC and another in T20 WC.

Naimul_Hd
January 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
This Jashan83 guy is also on Indian Cricket forum posting the same thing on page 2 I think or 1.

Did he post any fake news ? This news has been posted few other official sites too. Why this hate on the OP ? If you are furious about this news then hate those double mouthed ICC guys. They are changing their minds every now and then.

BANFAN
January 30, 2013, 04:25 AM
Are you implying that Tigers wpuld be the T20 WC champ in 2014 at Dhaka?

Hei, I am in you boat too BANFAN! :)

Hahaha...:floor: I live day dreaming...why not lets win it:lol: we have a better chance than any other time. :)

Naimul_Hd
September 12, 2013, 10:26 PM
Guess what guys ! This 'BS' , 'Bhua' news is actually true !!

[বাংলা]টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ

আকস্মিক আবিষ্কারে বিস্মিত ক্রিকেটাররা

ক্যারিবিয়ান প্রিমিয়ার লিগ (সিপিএল) খেলতে গিয়ে এক দিন কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেনের সঙ্গে ই-মেইল চালাচালি করছিলেন তামিম ইকবাল। জার্গেনসেনের কাছ থেকেই প্রথম চমকে ওঠার মতো খবরটা পান তিনি, ‘টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের আগে আমাদের বাছাইপর্ব খেলতে হবে!’

কাল কোমল পানীয় পেপসির এক অনুষ্ঠানে তামিমের কাছে শুনে নাকি একই প্রতিক্রিয়া হয়েছে সাকিব আল হাসানেরও। ২০১৪ টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপটা বাংলাদেশে হলেও এর সবচেয়ে আকর্ষণীয় অংশটিতেই না-ও থাকতে পারে বাংলাদেশ দল। বিসিবির ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরী কাল ব্যাখ্যা করলেন, ‘নভেম্বরে সংযুক্ত আরব আমিরাতে আইসিসির সহযোগী দেশগুলো টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের বাছাইপর্ব খেলবে। এই টুর্নামেন্টের সেরা ছয় দলের সঙ্গে ২০১২ সালের অক্টোবরের টি-টোয়েন্টি র‌্যাঙ্কিং অনুযায়ী নবম ও দশম দল বাংলাদেশ ও জিম্বাবুয়ে ১৬ মার্চ থেকে শুরু বিশ্বকাপের প্রথম পর্ব খেলবে। এই পর্বের সেরা দুই দল র‌্যাঙ্কিংয়ের শীর্ষ আট দলের সঙ্গে খেলবে সুপার টেন বা বিশ্বকাপের দ্বিতীয় পর্বে।’

প্রথম পর্বে বাংলাদেশ ও জিম্বাবুয়ে থাকবে দুই গ্রুপে। প্রতি গ্রুপে আরও থাকবে ৩টি করে সহযোগী সদস্য দেশ। দুই গ্রুপের চ্যাম্পিয়নরা পাবে সুপার টেনের টিকিট। অর্থাৎ গ্রুপ চ্যাম্পিয়ন না হতে পারলে বাংলাদেশ বিশ্বকাপের আসল অংশটার দর্শক হয়েই থাকবে। বিস্ময়কর হলেও সত্যি, টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের পরিবর্তিত এই নিয়ম দুই দিন আগেও জানা ছিল না প্রধান নির্বাচক আকরাম খানসহ বিসিবির অনেকেরই। কেন জানা ছিল না, সেটার কোনো সুস্পষ্ট ব্যাখ্যা নেই কারও কাছেই। তবে বিষয়টা হঠাৎ করে সামনে আসার পর ক্রিকেটাররা একরকম হতভম্বই। কাল তামিম যেমন বলছিলেন, ‘এই জিনিসটা আমাদের আরও আগেই জানানো উচিত ছিল। বিশ্বকাপের জন্য মানসিক প্রস্তুতিরও একটা ব্যাপার থাকে। তা ছাড়া ব্যাপারটা যদি এ রকমই হয়, বিশ্বকাপের মূল পর্বকে টার্গেট করে আমাদের কি গত কিছুদিন আরও বেশি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ খেলা উচিত ছিল না?’
কে দেবে এই প্রশ্নের উত্তর?[/বাংলা]

Source (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/46968/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AE%E0%A 6%BF%E0%A6%95_%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B7 %E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%87_%E0% A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF %E0%A6%A4_%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BF%E0% A6%95%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%B0 %E0%A6%BE)

Jadukor
September 12, 2013, 11:03 PM
Need to be in the top 2... so that means the fight is on with Afghanistan and Ireland

Well We need to show how good we are this time. We need to see this as an opportunity to shut the critics up and gain some momentum before the main event rather than a setback. If fear is the first thought that runs through a cricketer's mind than he truely should not be representing bangladesh cricket team because we are talking about associate teams here not South Africa and Australia.

Naimul_Hd
September 12, 2013, 11:06 PM
Not just Top 2. We have to be Group Champion :)

Just think of this group:

Bangladesh
Ireland
Afganistan

:ohno:

Night_wolf
September 12, 2013, 11:29 PM
This is the joke of the century, Host nation will have to qualify..hahahahahahahaha

if we had to qualify for the 2015 ODI world cup then its understandable

MHRAM
September 12, 2013, 11:46 PM
Dont forget Netherlands guys

Tendo and Cooper

MHRAM
September 12, 2013, 11:51 PM
This is the joke of the century, Host nation will have to qualify..hahahahahahahaha

if we had to qualify for the 2015 ODI world cup then its understandable

exactly

In FIFA WC, all teams, even Spain/France have to qualify while hosts Brazil dont have to play a single match. Heck, even a weak team like south africa needed nothing.

On the other hand, here we are seeing the hosts nations having to qualify and in a scenario where its quite likely that we may not make it the main round. Only 2 teams will qualify from 8 odd teams and dont forget that in T20s anyone can be favourites.

Jadukor
September 13, 2013, 12:52 AM
Dont forget Netherlands guys

Tendo and Cooper

damn... forgot about Netherlands
We dont have a single batsman of the calibre of Tendoschate.
Even Md Nabi is making our batters look like sissys

good thing we dont have to face Eoin Morgan or Rankin while facing Ireland

MHRAM
September 13, 2013, 01:24 AM
Lucky for us, we are playing in our home turf so beating Netherlands, Scotland, Ireland, Zimbabwe will not be so troublesome however Afghanistan have good experience in this kind of conditions

Rinathq
September 13, 2013, 02:18 AM
Lucky for us, we are playing in our home turf so beating Netherlands, Scotland, Ireland, Zimbabwe will not be so troublesome however Afghanistan have good experience in this kind of conditions

The qualifying might be in Dubai and not in Bangladesh

Rinathq
September 13, 2013, 02:34 AM
If our players dont manage to win the qualification keeping in mind of the prestige at stake than these players dont deserve to play infront of their fans. Period

Roni_uk
September 13, 2013, 02:42 AM
Its a good thing...if we cant beat the lower ranked teams, we dont deserve to play in the main tournament.

riajul
September 13, 2013, 03:13 AM
The qualifying might be in Dubai and not in Bangladesh

According to the Daily Star, its not a qualifying round. It will be known as 1st round and to be held in BD.

Jadukor
September 13, 2013, 05:26 AM
If our players dont manage to win the qualification keeping in mind of the prestige at stake than these players dont deserve to play infront of their fans. Period

Exactly. We have heard enough excuses over the last decade. It's time to step up and perform in an ICC tournament. We need to be able to crush these associate teams and aim for at least the semifinals of the main tournament which is being held in our home condition.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2013, 06:45 AM
Reading the comments from the players, they seem to already be pissing their pants at the prospect of losing to associates and not making it to the WC. If this is the attitude, we should just quit playing cricket. Sad.

Isnaad
September 13, 2013, 07:13 AM
While I understand that we must have the capability to beat the rest of the five teams, I still don't get why we will have to play the qualifiers of a tournament being staged in Bangladesh. I mean, seriously, does losing against a team or two in the qualifiers really imply that we will not be able to beat any of the G8 teams or to put it in a better way, do better than a few of the G8 teams?

What part of 'HOST' doesn't the ICC understand? I already feel as if we don't have the Test status. We are an associate Nation.

Whatever others may say here, this is clear injustice and a direct hit at our reputation. Would Australia be playing the qualifiers if they were ranked 9 now? (Which they were, just a year back)

MohammedC
September 13, 2013, 07:34 AM
Its a good thing...if we cant beat the lower ranked teams, we dont deserve to play in the main tournament.

Agreed 100%

MHRAM
September 13, 2013, 07:48 AM
While I understand that we must have the capability to beat the rest of the five teams, I still don't get why we will have to play the qualifiers of a tournament being staged in Bangladesh. I mean, seriously, does losing against a team or two in the qualifiers really imply that we will not be able to beat any of the G8 teams or to put it in a better way, do better than a few of the G8 teams?

What part of 'HOST' doesn't the ICC understand? I already feel as if we don't have the Test status. We are an associate Nation.

Whatever others may say here, this is clear injustice and a direct hit at our reputation. Would Australia be playing the qualifiers if they were ranked 9 now? (Which they were, just a year back)

well said. If for say India were hosting the tournament and Bangladesh were made to enter the qualifiers then I would have no complains. But why is it that ourselves being hosts are made to play the qualifiers.

Although we are expected to win the qualifiers, there is every chance that we have a bad day and cannot top our group where there are 4 teams, among which only the group champs will be selected. If Bangladesh do not play in the main round then I am pretty sure that the crowd will lose interest in the entire tournament, not just because Bangladesh isnt play but rather that our team was made to play the qualifiers.

ICC is indeed treating us like an associate nation. They give so few tours to us and now this. One does not need to be a genius to understand that stupid ICC is going to take the game down and absolutely destroy it. We will see oneday, that cricket is only played by Indians.

MHRAM
September 13, 2013, 07:52 AM
Reading the comments from the players, they seem to already be pissing their pants at the prospect of losing to associates and not making it to the WC. If this is the attitude, we should just quit playing cricket. Sad.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

How do you know they are pissing already?

I thikn the players have every reason to be frustrated to hear the news

al Furqaan
September 13, 2013, 07:53 AM

I hope the team loses and fails to qualify for the main event. We should throw matches if need be. Make Ashraful the captain of the team.

If Bangladesh fails to qualify for the main event the tournament should be somewhat of a failure for the ICC.

Even if we had been a better team, I think the ICC would have still sledged us. We will be forced to qualify for the ODI world cup from 2019 onwards despite winning series against NZ and WI at full strength. I'd have less of an issue if WI, NZ also had to qualify with us.

Just my 2 cents. I could care less about T20 anyways.

Tiger444
September 13, 2013, 08:07 AM
Well there's a reason cricket is less popular than sports such as soccer, basketball, ice and field hockey and rugby. Look at how many teams get to play in their world tournaments. No such elitism in those sports either. As long as this elitism stays in cricket it'll keep falling behind the other sports.

NoName
September 13, 2013, 08:35 AM
If BD can't beat associates to qualify then there is nothing much left to say.

roman
September 13, 2013, 09:09 AM
This is a joke. How on earth host nation has to go through qualifying matches? What if we fail to qualify. .God help us

mufi_02
September 13, 2013, 09:21 AM
"dhurchai, erokom korle khelum i nah" this should be our response. parar cricket e egula hoy. ekta boro bhai thake, jini jachhe tai khele. out hoile dey nah, catch dhorle bole bump catch. but keu kisu bole nah karon tini shob bat ball er taka dei. we need to play or otherwise ICC will lose big money.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2013, 09:37 AM
Look at Tamim's comments regarding how they should have known earlier and played more matches. Yes, it would have been nice to know earlier and yes, preparation is important. But playing in the BPL, IPL and CPL should take care of at least part of that. Yes, you should have been notified earlier, but what do you do now? Set up a camp and play amongst yourselves as much as you can before the qualifiers. Associate der haraite ki 6 maasher prostuti lage? Tahole Test status kere nilei bhalo.

SN excuse dey amar shathe omuk kora uchit chilo, Tamim excuse dey amader tomuk kora uchit chilo. Sick and tired of hearing ki kora uchit chilo. Tell us what you will do going forward and do it. We already complain about not playing enough cricket - what if tomorrow Pakistan show up at our doors asking for a three match Test series because their schedule is looking thin? Are we going to start complaining amader ke 6 maasher notice dawa uchit chilo?

All excuses, I tell you. The excuses have started coming already and we haven't even lost yet. These comments might seem benign, but I (and you and you and you) have seen and heard these too many times to know what they really are. Ei loser gula daat kelaite kelaite Macedoniar kase harbe, Dubai giya bou er jonne shari/goyna shopping korbe, tarpor deshe eshe bolbe amader aagey bole nai, kono prostuti chilo na. Oidike Zimbabwe thiki kom prostuti niyei qualify korbe. Eigulare khub bhalo kore china ase.

It's pathetic that we're having to worry about not qualifying, but unfortunately, that's the reality of our situation. How much longer are we going to hide behind the Test status?

T&T'r kase harso, Afghanistan er kase cup diye ashcho, ekhono bhuli nai.

Zeeshan
September 13, 2013, 09:44 AM
boli ....khoner bochon koy prokar o ki ki....agey udahoron deu asif mama....

agey bolo sissy ki stri lingo na punglingo? koi sheta r ki holo? qurbanir eid e ki dumba na khashi...ashol kotha jhere kasho mama

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2013, 09:48 AM
And yes, the ICC is a joke. Not only should the host nation get a free pass, but the World Cup should include at least 16 teams and that number should slowly be increased over time. ODIs should die, T20 should be the only short form of the game and EVERYONE should have to qualify for the World Cup minus the host nation.

Tomader top 10 niye pore thako and in a few years, like someone said, you'll only have India playing cricket.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
boli ....khoner bochon koy prokar o ki ki....agey udahoron deu asif mama....

agey bolo sissy ki stri lingo na punglingo? koi sheta r ki holo? qurbanir eid e ki dumba na khashi...ashol kotha jhere kasho mama
Khon er bochon diya ki hobe? Aageo Scotland er kase hartam, ekhono hari, bhobishyoteo harbo ebong shoman taaley daat kelabo Ashraful er shathe.

Stri lingo punglingo kotha na...Charlotte Edwards o amader shob koyta bowler re pitay laal kore dibe. She ain't no sissy, she's a winner. So it ain't about gender homie.

Qurbani te ut.

Zeeshan
September 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
ODIs should die

Objection!! Objection!! Asif mama !! OBjection!!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/670653.html

simon
September 13, 2013, 10:36 AM
we are the "kuriye pawa shontan" of ICC.

jaihok, chokkhu bondho koira kopamu. :snob:

Jadukor
September 13, 2013, 11:09 AM
bhais... the mighty UAE is playing in this qualifier or not? plz ektu bolen

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2013, 11:18 AM
bhais... the mighty UAE is playing in this qualifier or not? plz ektu bolen
Bhai, Azerbaijan er naam shune already amader playerra pant bhijay feltese, ekhane abar UAE ki tene anar mane ta ki?

MohammedC
September 13, 2013, 11:38 AM
Lets start a petition to ban all Sissy Moderators

Nadim
September 13, 2013, 12:42 PM
We are dooooooooooomed!!!

etodin pant vijto, ekhon to hagu kore dibe egula :(

NoName
September 13, 2013, 08:31 PM

Wonder what its like to party with the Sissy Mods:D

fuadomar
September 13, 2013, 11:38 PM
Scotland er acheo to mone hoy last Euro tour e herechilam. Ke jano ekjon century korechilo.

MHRAM
September 13, 2013, 11:45 PM

Starting with the AsifTheSissyRahman.

And Mr. Zeeshan :D:D:D

Zeeshan
September 14, 2013, 12:22 AM
Starting with the AsifTheSissyRahman.

And Mr. Zeeshan :D:D:D

pochano fel. I am not a mod. Let the whipping begin. :-|

kalpurush
September 14, 2013, 12:54 AM
If BD can't beat associates to qualify then there is nothing much left to say.

It's cricket and any team could win if they play better cricket in any given day, no?

RazabQ
September 14, 2013, 02:41 AM
What I said earlier in Jan holds true. Yes the ICC is a joke: the fact that India can bully a established power like South Africa simply because they had the audacity to elect a President who didn't genuflect before BCCI, and the fact that CI then publishes a piece by Harsha and Moonda "kinda justifying" such blatant power plays tells you all you need to know about ICC. Oh one more thing: should say Afghanistan or Ireland should qualify and give the Indian team a pedani, that will be pretty much the deathnell of them ever getting past associate.

And I'm with ATMR - I want our players to say: "oh really, the ICC wants us to qualify eh? guess we have to bloody a few pretender noses and get some decent match practice while we are at it". Not these sissy excuses.

MHRAM
September 14, 2013, 05:14 AM
pochano fel. I am not a mod. Let the whipping begin. :-|

It says that you are

BC Staff
BC editorial something

E-)

ReZ_1
September 14, 2013, 10:40 AM
So how about staging the bpl b4 the qualifying tournament?

Mauryan
September 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
does anyone have any official links for this news? I cant find anything except some bangladeshi website called bdcricketteam.com which regularly posts fake news and cricket europes ireland page.

Moh899
September 14, 2013, 02:16 PM
So how about staging the bpl b4 the qualifying tournament?

AFAIK, Bpl 3 starts in December. Cant remember the source tho.

ReZ_1
September 14, 2013, 09:27 PM
does anyone have any official links for this news? I cant find anything except some bangladeshi website called bdcricketteam.com which regularly posts fake news and cricket europes ireland page.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/47514/%E2%80%98%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE_%E0% A6%86%E0%A6%9F%E0%A7%87_%E0%A6%A5%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9 5%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%87_%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%8B_%E 0%A6%B9%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%8B_%E2%80%99

Mauryan
September 16, 2013, 05:42 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/47514/%E2%80%98%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE_%E0% A6%86%E0%A6%9F%E0%A7%87_%E0%A6%A5%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9 5%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%87_%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%8B_%E 0%A6%B9%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%8B_%E2%80%99

Is that really a reliable source? I highly doubt it

reyme
September 16, 2013, 02:57 PM
The new was confirmed by BCB game development chairman! How much more reliable source you want?

Rinathq
September 16, 2013, 06:29 PM
Apparently Bangladesh wont have to play qualification for being the host. Saw it on couple of pages in Facebook. Don't know if its true...

NoName
September 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
Damnit, which is it?!?!

Moh899
September 16, 2013, 07:59 PM
Damnit, which is it?!?!

This is why in the first place,you don't believe Facebook pages, and bangla newspapers. Wait till it becomes news on top cricket sites.:)

Night_wolf
September 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
Apparently Bangladesh wont have to play qualification for being the host. Saw it on couple of pages in Facebook. Don't know if its true...

now i am sure BD will have to play qualifiers, anything that rumors about in FB the opposite always happens

NoName
September 16, 2013, 08:31 PM
This is why in the first place,you don't believe Facebook pages, and bangla newspapers. Wait till it becomes news on top cricket sites.:)

Bangla newspapers must be terrible..

Naimul_Hd
September 17, 2013, 03:33 AM
I did not care much about 'Tamim's reaction' when he first heard this news but Mushy's interview gives me a heart attack !!

[বাংলা]টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের ফরম্যাট নিয়ে অনেক কথা হচ্ছে। বলা হচ্ছে আগে থেকে কেউ জানত না। আপনি কি জানতেন?
মুশফিক: আমিও কনফিউজড। আগে কখনো শুনিনি যে আয়োজক দেশ হয়ে কেউ বাছাইপর্ব বা এ রকম ফরম্যাটে খেলবে। আগে থেকে আমারও জানা ছিল না। কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেনের কাছ থেকে প্রথম জানতে পারি। অবশ্য শেনও নিশ্চিত করে বলতে পারছিল না যে, এ রকমই হবে। বলছিলেন, এ রকম হতে পারে। এটা আমাদের জন্য দুশ্চিন্তার।

 দুশ্চিন্তার মনে হচ্ছে কেন?
মুশফিক: দুশ্চিন্তার, কারণ এ রকম ফরম্যাটে তো আগে কখনো খেলা হয়নি। বাছাইপর্ব উতরে পরের পর্বে যেতে হবে। দুশ্চিন্তা এটা নিয়েই। এর বাইরে আর কিছু না।

 এর কি কোনো ইতিবাচক দিক আছে? গ্রুপের তিনটা ম্যাচই জিতে মূল পর্বে গেলে তো আত্মবিশ্বাসও বেশি থাকবে...
মুশফিক: সবকিছুরই পজিটিভ-নেগেটিভ আছে। আমরাও এখন সেভাবেই ধরছি। তিনটা ম্যাচ খেললে ম্যাচ প্র্যাকটিসটা খুব ভালো হবে। তবে এটাও ঠিক, আমাদের ওপর অনেক চাপও থাকবে। কারণ বাছাইপর্ব থেকে কোয়ালিফাই করে পরের রাউন্ডে যাওয়া খুব কঠিন হবে। তবে আমাদের সামর্থ্য অনুযায়ী খেললে সম্ভব।

 কোনো ঝুঁকি কি অনুভব করছেন? যেহেতু টি-টোয়েন্টিতে অনিশ্চয়তা অনেক বেশি...
মুশফিক: অবশ্যই। টি-টোয়েন্টি ফরম্যাটে তো ছোট-বড় দল বলে কিছু থাকে না। আমাদের জন্য কঠিনই হবে। তবে আমার মনে হয়, টি-টোয়েন্টিতে আমরাও ধীরে ধীরে উন্নতি করছি।[/বাংলা]

Read full (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/47969/%E2%80%98%E0%A6%8F%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE_%E0%A6%86%E0% A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%9 C%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF_%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%81%E0 %A6%B6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9A%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8 D%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E2%80%99)

Expected a confident and bold statement from Captain. If a captain says,'if we can play our potential then we can beat associate teams' then how do you expect to win a match against top 8 teams ? :facepalm:

Gowza
September 17, 2013, 05:02 AM
BD players really got to fix their mindset, they need a hard working, winning, take no prisoners mindset. get on it boys!

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2013, 06:38 AM
There you go, the excuses have started coming. Papon should get the BCB to start investing in diapers, because no one wants to see wet pants on grown men.

MohammedShamim
September 17, 2013, 07:01 AM
All our players have mental problem. However, Afghanistan or Ireland are likely to upset Bangladesh or Zimbabwe, and I think most likely Bangladesh, knowing they wet their pets... easily.

Night_wolf
September 17, 2013, 08:23 AM
confidence is oozing from our captain

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2013, 09:17 AM
They'll crumble under pressure yet again. It's just inevitable.

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2013, 11:49 AM
Walmart e sale dise (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pampers-cruisers-diapers-econo-pack-size-size-3/10043508) mone hoy. If Papon cared about our players, he'd take advantage of this opportunity.

kalpurush
September 17, 2013, 12:22 PM
ATMR seems particularly interested in diapers lately...

any good news boss? http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/smileys/smiley10.gif

jashan83
September 18, 2013, 06:28 AM
Did he post any fake news ? This news has been posted few other official sites too. Why this hate on the OP ? If you are furious about this news then hate those double mouthed ICC guys. They are changing their minds every now and then.

Thanks for the good words. I guess some people have their ego's bigger than themselves, but I don't blame them as most of them are kids who are full of passion and it will take some time to control their ego's and become more mature. Now this news has been confirmed by Bangladeshi media also. It is just a matter of time when it will be confirmed by ICC, who would be waiting for stadiums to be ready and then would probably announce the schedule to confirm the news

On the format, it is sad that the Big 3- BCCI, CA & ECB are so arrogant that they simply don't want to play the lesser teams. They have virtually brought the 10 team format to both ODI and T20 WC (Though officially it is 16 teams) and 4 teams for Test World Cup

On Bangladesh, I think it is the right time to shut up the critics. There is no doubt that in BD, BD is better than Associates, Zim and can even challenge the likes of NZ and Pak(Seeing their Present Level). They proved it by performance of NZ tour, Asia Cup, WI Tour. It will be the mental strength of BD players that will be the difference between going out in first round or Ending up at top 6 teams in the tournament (Winning T20 WC is still far off).

So it is time to appoint a captain with good mental strength even though he may be a youngster or lesser of a players. Let's hope for the best.

MHRAM
September 18, 2013, 07:03 AM
I dont think we should worry too much about T20s. Even if we are plain horrible in T20 for some while it would not matter.

We need to work harder in longer formats which will ensure that we can win tests and that means full tour with stronger teams which too will come with a fair share of T20s. Also, BD will become a popular place to import some players for domestic leagues. Look how SL players are being imported to DPL

Rinathq
September 18, 2013, 08:49 AM
Lets looks at the scenario for which players are having a heart attack for

Format: T20
Opponents: Associates
Venue: Home

T20 isnt a format for the feint hearted kids. Thats the only reason why Bangladesh has been so unsucessful on this format. Not only do you need to play with maximum intensity, you also need to enjoy the game. Until our players learn how to enjoy the game, I am afraid T20 will continue to be a nightmare for them.

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2013, 07:37 AM
Bhai, Azerbaijan er naam shune already amader playerra pant bhijay feltese, ekhane abar UAE ki tene anar mane ta ki?
[বাংলা]আজারবাইজান - ডাইবেটিস ঠিক করার জন্য। ইউ-এ-ই কোষ্ঠ কাঠিন্ন্য রোগ যেন না হয়।[/বাংলা] comprende amigo?

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2013, 07:38 AM
However, I think this is a good. Ranking'a improvement dorkar. Considering we are what 9th and Ireland 8th?

AbuDarda
October 5, 2013, 06:03 AM
নিউজগুলা তো বটেই,পুরো বিষয়টাই বোগাস! বাংলাদেশ জিম্বাবুয়েকে কোন কোয়ালিফাইং টাইপ কিছু খেলতে হবে না! এই দেখেন ক্রিকইনফোতে দেওয়া নিউজ আর কোয়ালিফাইং এর গ্রুপিং,স্পষ্ট করে দেওয়া আছে যে এই দুই গ্রুপের শীর্ষ দল বিশ্বকাপে খেলবে,বাংলাদেশের কোন প্রসংগই আসেনিঃ
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-qualifier-2013/content/story/660465.html

AbuDarda
October 5, 2013, 06:06 AM
"The teams have been divided into two groups, with the top side from each progressing automatically to the World T20 without having to appear in the final of the qualifiers. The second placed team from group A will play the third from group B and vice-versa, the winners of which will continue on to the World T20. The losers will await the winners of similar matches between the fourth and fifth placed teams from both groups to mount a second charge at qualifying. The two winners of these matches will be the fifth and sixth Associate side to join the ten Test nations for the World T20"

Naimul_Hd
October 5, 2013, 06:16 AM
T20 WC is knocking at the door and we are yet to know if we need to play in Qualifiers or not. WTH.

Antora
October 5, 2013, 07:34 AM
I've never heard of the hosts having to qualify up until this! If we do have to, I hope we make it to the final & win just to rub it in ICC's ugly face. Unfortunately, it is extremely unlikely that we'll reach the final, let alone WIN!

MHRAM
October 5, 2013, 08:36 AM
Forget the fact of hosts having to qualify. The matter that the WC is like half a year away and there is no official confirmation of the tournament structure. ICC is plain garbage, leading cricket to an inevitable death.

Changing rules over and over again, giving too much importance on India, etc, etc.

ahnaf
October 5, 2013, 04:02 PM
Hayre icc.. Hayre bcb..

AsifTheManRahman
October 5, 2013, 07:48 PM
Forget the fact of hosts having to qualify. The matter that the WC is like half a year away and there is no official confirmation of the tournament structure. ICC is plain garbage, leading cricket to an inevitable death.

Changing rules over and over again, giving too much importance on India, etc, etc.
Cricket will die within the next 50 years if things continue like this.

al Furqaan
October 5, 2013, 09:24 PM

Its not just India anymore. CA and ECB are a bunch of devilish boards as well. Stealing Irish players, refusing to play lower ranked sides, sleeping with BCCI every chance they get. We have to accept the reality that this game we play is only about the big 3 boards. Which is why I'm hoping that rift between CSA and BCCI continues to grow. It stopped being about the good of the game 4-5 years ago, now its just about what is best for Bangladesh cricket.

al Furqaan
October 5, 2013, 09:27 PM
MHRAM, I think the ICC's lack of update to the tournament is fairly strong evidence that this news might just be a rumor. Think about it, there was already a qualifying round - where the 6 associate sides came from.

Maysun
October 5, 2013, 10:04 PM
Take a chill pill. ICC won't risk putting the hosts in a qualifying tournament and see them not make through..

Such a situation will have dire consequences. Just think about the two major possibilities:

1. Empty stadiums
2. Violent civilians

Not to forget, the civilians will already be volatile with regards to the political scenario in the country.

al Furqaan
October 5, 2013, 10:14 PM
I agree...CI as of August didn't mention anything about BD or ZIM in any qualfying round. The OP has some anti-BD agenda and most likely just ran with this rumor posted on cricketeurope's site.

MHRAM
October 5, 2013, 11:58 PM
MHRAM, I think the ICC's lack of update to the tournament is fairly strong evidence that this news might just be a rumor. Think about it, there was already a qualifying round - where the 6 associate sides came from.

well I sort of think the same. I have asked this question on different forums and they were unaware of any changes.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

MHRAM
October 6, 2013, 12:06 AM
it will be dead in 20 years. cricket will be played only in india

Isnaad
October 6, 2013, 01:49 AM

Cricket will never die. It will go through Indianization. Which isn't a word but soon will be.

MHRAM
October 6, 2013, 02:07 AM
as if its not already indianized. everything this days is done to suit india

SMHasan
October 6, 2013, 03:04 AM
I agree...CI as of August didn't mention anything about BD or ZIM in any qualfying round. The OP has some anti-BD agenda and most likely just ran with this rumor posted on cricketeurope's site.

I think everyone is getting very confused about the format of the tournament.

I read in the ICC official site that there will be a qualifying tournament in November and then teams (I forgot the number, i think it's 4) will join Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in the 1st round of the main 2014 tournament. Winners (2) of the two groups will then join the 2nd round of the 2014 event.

The link is here http://www.icc-cricket.com/world-t20/qualification but it's not working! It was active 3 days ago!

It's very unprofessional for a body like ICC not to put up a dedicated site for a global event. The 2012 T20 site is here http://www.iccworldtwenty20.com/

So November event is qualifying one, not the pre-event 1st round. Everyone is mixing the qualifying round and the 1st round.

Mauryan
October 6, 2013, 04:57 PM
The new was confirmed by BCB game development chairman! How much more reliable source you want?

Just because you read on a bengali newspaper that it was confirmed by BCB game development does not mean its true.

jashan83
October 7, 2013, 12:15 PM
Here it is, now the news confirmed by ICC also. For all the egoistic kids and speculators of if it was false, ICC release on the preceding tournament "ICC World T20 Qualifier" virtually confirms the news.
In that article is a line which clearly tells us that Round 1 of World T20 in Bangladesh will of 6 teams+ BD & Zim, for the convenience of all I am posting the para
"The final finishing positions of the teams in this event will determine to which group they will go into for the first round of the ICC World Twenty20 2014 tournament, alongside Bangladesh and Zimbabwe."

ICC World T20 qualifier is tournament from which 6 Associate will be selected for World T20

So it is just a matter of time when the qualifier of World T20 ends and we have the 6 Associates who have qualified that ICC will release the schedule for World T20 with the details of a Round 1 of 8 teams and Round 2 of 10 teams

The article can be found on this link
http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2013/media-releases/75271/abu-dhabi-to-host-finals-of-icc-world-twenty20-qualifier-2013

Really sad that the anger of ICC was taken out on the messenger. Hope they will mature now :D

jashan83
October 7, 2013, 12:22 PM
Some people confusing here that BD and Zim will have to play the qualifier. It is not the case. Let me explain again

Nov:- ICC World T20 Qualifier:- 6 Associates get selected

BD
World T20 Round 1:- 6 Associates + BD & Zim, Top 2 qualify for Round 2
Round 2:- 2 Top from Round 1 + 8 Test Teams except BD & Zim

So practically BD and Zim are playing in World T20 but in real terms they are playing the qualifying tournament from which best 2 will join the so called big 8

This is what I have always posted and this is how the things are. The above post also confirms the same like always. For those who still have doubt just wait for a month or max 2 when schedule is released it would be on the same lines

MHRAM
October 7, 2013, 11:49 PM
so what sort of pathetic world cup is that? world cups begin with all team in equal positions and thus is fair to all. icc is indeed pathetic

Zunaid
October 7, 2013, 11:56 PM
Some (India) are more equal than others.

reyme
October 8, 2013, 06:28 AM
Just because you read on a bengali newspaper that it was confirmed by BCB game development does not mean its true.

Have you even read the other posts in this thread? Do you understand what others are trying to explain? The original source was ICC as confirmed by BCB which was then published in the newspaper. It's not because I read someplace, it's the fact that BD will indeed have to play qualifying round to get selected for the top 10 round.

jashan83
October 10, 2013, 01:01 AM
Another article confirming there is a Prelim Round as part of World T20 and the main round will be a 10 team event. Copy Pasting for the convenience of all

And yet Afghan cricket remains in a sort of limbo, waiting eagerly for an event in 18 months but not sure what comes before or after. They have a busy next few months, with the World Twenty20 qualifiers and a five-day Intercontinental Cup final against Ireland that promises to be a spicy affair. But for the players it must often seem that the cricketing world is happy to share the credit for their success, but rather less keen to actually help them. The main World Twenty20 is being scaled back down to ten teams. Afghan cricket (like all other Associates) will gain funding and exposure if cricket appeared in the Olympics, but the big beasts do not want it to. Afghanistan also need more sponsorship to reduce their dependency on ICC funding, but there is no inclination they will get the regular fixtures that would enable them to achieve self-reliance. While Hassan and Shazhad might be intriguing additions to county cricket, ECB work-permit rules mean there is a de facto ban on Afghans.

The article is on the limited opportunities for Afghanistan and can be found in the link below. The above para is the 3rd last para in the article

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/678293.html

al Furqaan
October 10, 2013, 03:07 AM
Jashan, exactly what good do all these confirmations do? You've proven your point, now isn't it time to get lost?

jashan83
October 10, 2013, 01:27 PM
Jashan, exactly what good do all these confirmations do? You've proven your point, now isn't it time to get lost?

Why is it bothering you. This is an absolutely valid post for this thread. It is always good to verify the news for multiple forces as many people have expressed doubts on the same many times.

I can understand that the point now been proven, it hurt your ego and has hurt you so badly. After all you were the one using all means to defame and leading personal attacks on me, using wikipedia to prove it is false (Now this was funny :lol: ) and in the end it turned otherwise. These things happen.

I can just ask you to keep aside ego and keep to the topic. If this thread bothers you so much, perhaps take your anger on ICC and not me. I have just posted the news and that too with reliable sources and not wikipedia. If you are at zenith of being bothered perhaps you can stop visiting this thread. May god bless you.

al Furqaan
October 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
Why is it bothering you. This is an absolutely valid post for this thread. It is always good to verify the news for multiple forces as many people have expressed doubts on the same many times.

I can understand that the point now been proven, it hurt your ego and has hurt you so badly. After all you were the one using all means to defame and leading personal attacks on me, using wikipedia to prove it is false (Now this was funny :lol: ) and in the end it turned otherwise. These things happen.

I can just ask you to keep aside ego and keep to the topic. If this thread bothers you so much, perhaps take your anger on ICC and not me. I have just posted the news and that too with reliable sources and not wikipedia. If you are at zenith of being bothered perhaps you can stop visiting this thread. May god bless you.

Personal attack? Bro if I launched a verbal assault on you, you'd be bleeding profusely from your ears and be locked up in the psych ward on suicide watch. Don't be fooled by the screen name, I'm hardly devout, meaning I have no limits if I wanted to eviscerate your psyche and lay waste to your emotions.

All I did was point out that you have a penchant for rubbing salty s**t on threads related to Bangladesh's position in cricket. Thats all. Nothing less nothing more. You've been here how long? 135 posts? I think that speaks volumes as to your motives and intentions, however well masked they might seem to be.

jashan83
October 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
Personal attack? Bro if I launched a verbal assault on you, you'd be bleeding profusely from your ears and be locked up in the psych ward on suicide watch. Don't be fooled by the screen name, I'm hardly devout, meaning I have no limits if I wanted to eviscerate your psyche and lay waste to your emotions.

All I did was point out that you have a penchant for rubbing salty s**t on threads related to Bangladesh's position in cricket. Thats all. Nothing less nothing more. You've been here how long? 135 posts? I think that speaks volumes as to your motives and intentions, however well masked they might seem to be.

Good for you. I am happy to know your personal capabilities. Hopefully you would use them positively otherwise you would be wasting them. Well you seem to think the info I provide is masked to rub salt? Well, to be simple, I did not put up threads based on my opinion but rather based on info I got from sources. Nobody shared this important info, which was even more important for BD. So I share them.

Read this thread only, you would see me supporting the BD team. I think you have formed a biased opinion, and I will be happy if you change it.I like the BD team. Above that I like BD fans more than their team, because they are the true supporters of their team that due despite the performances. Let's lay this to rest. As there is saying of Gandhi "An eye to eye makes the whole world blind"

Have a nice day and look at the positives of this format. In previous format BD played just 2 Games. Now they will be able to play 7 games (3+4). So more fun for the home crowd. They will enter against the so called big boys with a winning attitude. I think this World T20 would be a different ICC tournament for BD, very positive. :wave:

Jonas
October 27, 2013, 04:08 AM
The format for the men’s event in next year’s tournament has been changed following an increase in teams from 12 to 16.

As the teams’ seeding are based on the Reliance ICC T20I Team Rankings as on 8 October 2012, the top eight sides following the conclusion of the ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka 2012 will play directly in the Super 10 stage, while Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, which finished outside the top eight, will participate in the first round that will be held from 16-21 March.

The first round of the men’s event will include eight sides that will be divided into two groups of four teams each, with the table-toppers progressing to the Super 10 stage.

In the first round, Group A will feature host Bangladesh alongside three teams that will qualify from the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier UAE 2013, to be staged from 15 to 30 November. Group B will include Zimbabwe, which will be joined by another three teams from the upcoming qualifiers. As such, the two groups will be finalised on 30 November.

The Super 10 stage will start with an evening match between former champions India and Pakistan in Dhaka onFriday 21 March.

The two groups of the Super 10 stage are:

Super 10 (S10) Groups (Based on teams’ rankings on the Reliance ICC T20I Team Rankings as on 8 October 2012)

Group 1 – Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Group B Qualifier 1 (Q1B)

Group 2 – West Indies, India, Pakistan, Australia, Group A Qualifier 1 (Q1A)

Reigning champion the West Indies will launch its title defence against India in an evening match on Sunday 23 March. Earlier on the same day, Pakistan will lock horns with Australia, which is looking for the only global title that has eluded it to date.

If Bangladesh reaches the Super 10 stage, it will play all its matches in Dhaka, facing the West Indies on 25 March, India on 28 March, Pakistan on 30 March and Australia on 1 April.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2013/media-releases/75604/west-indies-to-start-world-t20-title-defence-against-india

So it turns out OP, Scyld Berry, CricketEurope, Cricket Ireland were right all along!

Jonas
October 27, 2013, 04:10 AM
And even if Bangladesh qualify for the super 10, it's difficult to see how they will win even a single match. They are in the same group as India, Pakistan, Australia and the MIGHTY Windies. The other group looks far weaker in comparison. Who makes up these silly formats?

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 04:17 AM
Pathetic ICC
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Zunaid
October 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
As reported on CI today:

Hosts Bangladesh effectively have to qualify for World T20
Mohammad Isam
October 27, 2013

Bangladesh will have to play the opening round of next year's World Twenty20, which is effectively a qualifying round for the Super 10 stage of the tournament. In the opening round, they will be grouped with three other Associate and Affiliate nations, who are yet to be determined - they will come through the qualifying tournament that will be played in the UAE starting mid-November.

more (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/683041.html)

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 08:04 AM
on the bright side we play more matches.

I hope we qualify. The good thing is we are at home and this grouping has 3 matches

Night_wolf
October 27, 2013, 08:04 AM
As reported on CI today:

Hosts Bangladesh effectively have to qualify for World T20
Mohammad Isam
October 27, 2013

Bangladesh will have to play the opening round of next year's World Twenty20, which is effectively a qualifying round for the Super 10 stage of the tournament. In the opening round, they will be grouped with three other Associate and Affiliate nations, who are yet to be determined - they will come through the qualifying tournament that will be played in the UAE starting mid-November.

more (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/683041.html)

but its not the qualifying tournament, it is part of World T20, just the 1st round..BD will have to qualify for the 2nd Round...thats understandable...it would have been laughing matter if host had to qualify for the Tournament

its not like BD has to play the WC qualification tournament like say Football WC, its just that top 8 teams are already in the 2nd round and BD has to play 1st round..given our ranking i say thats more then fair

Jadukor
October 27, 2013, 08:26 AM
Ireland and Afghanistan will be a major worry

Naimul_Hd
October 27, 2013, 08:32 AM
Whatever and however way you want to interpret this format, one thing is for sure that Bangladesh is not playing directly into the main event.

As for Football world cup, there is 'Pre-qualifying round', then 'qualifying rounds' and finally 'the main event' ! This T20 WC format is exactly the same. 6 teams were selected from 'pre-qualifying rounds. Now they will be playing with Bangladesh and Zim in 'Qualifying rounds' and the top 2 teams will be playing in the main tournament.

Jadukor
October 27, 2013, 08:36 AM
we tend to choke under pressure... wont be surprised if the home crowd pressure backfires on us

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 08:43 AM
The difference is that our players have already had a good experience of a world cup and I know the likes of nasir and fazi are big match players.

the pace department is a concern though

MohammedShamim
October 27, 2013, 08:55 AM
I hope we avoid The Afghans in our group. they have so much experience playing in UAE.

Nadim
October 27, 2013, 08:58 AM
ekei bole pachay latthi mara

M.H.Rubel
October 27, 2013, 09:02 AM
Ireland and Afghanistan will be a major worry

In our home condition Ireland is not a matter for me. But Afghanistan will be a threat.

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 09:12 AM
Afghanistan look good as a t20 side lets hope that they don't end up in the same group as ours

Night_wolf
October 27, 2013, 09:14 AM
Whatever and however way you want to interpret this format, one thing is for sure that Bangladesh is not playing directly into the main event.

As for Football world cup, there is 'Pre-qualifying round', then 'qualifying rounds' and finally 'the main event' ! This T20 WC format is exactly the same. 6 teams were selected from 'pre-qualifying rounds. Now they will be playing with Bangladesh and Zim in 'Qualifying rounds' and the top 2 teams will be playing in the main tournament.

in many tennis tournaments the top 8 seeds are given pass in the 2nd round, not in the grand slam though

M.H.Rubel
October 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
So we will have to play the first round to qualify for the second round. It is okay to me. Now what we need is to defeat Afghans or Irish in our backyard to qualify for the 2nd round. Survival of the fittest.

Shubho
October 27, 2013, 09:45 AM
As long as we don't s*** the bed because we're facing the mighty Afghans or Irish or Dutch or Scots or Emirates or Canadians or Kenyans or Namibians, we'll be fine.

AsifTheManRahman
October 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
As long as we don't s*** the bed
But we will.

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 10:36 AM
But we will.

look who is back

AsifTheSissyRahman

where were you in the kiwi tests. you were missed

SMHasan
October 27, 2013, 11:31 AM
Looks like Sylhet will not host a single match of the Men's 2nd Round. Bad luck for Sylhet. Chittagong got more 'top' matches after Dhaka.

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 11:44 AM
18 tarik khela hobe but definitely ticket pabo name. :(

asha kori atleast England New zelandr match dekbo

Sohel
October 27, 2013, 12:20 PM
This is not a bad thing at all. We should be able to qualify without difficulty, and get much needed matches before the big dance. If we don't, then we only deserve to watch those who have qualified, home team or not.

Zunaid
October 27, 2013, 12:58 PM
This is not a bad thing at all. We should be able to qualify without difficulty, and get much needed matches before the big dance. If we don't, then we only deserve to watch those who have qualified, home team or not.

:up:

There is nothing more to say.

Nadim
October 27, 2013, 01:17 PM
So if we qualify, we will have Ind, Pak,Aus and WI in our grp. Bring it on!!!

NoName
October 27, 2013, 01:19 PM
Poor OP, he was right all along:lol:

Vepu
October 27, 2013, 02:12 PM
since when we r scared of playing afgans??? that too at our home!!! shame on us

MohammedC
October 27, 2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.icc-cricket.com/videos/media/id/62b1a529b4704f878957148cf72964be/icc-wt20-2014-launch-press-conference-vnr

Navo
October 27, 2013, 02:33 PM
I really hope the preparations begin immediately after this series - fitness, working on T20 skills, etc. We'll need it even more as there is likely to be no BPL in 2014. I would love to see some real drive from our players, whether it is the old hands like Mashrafe and Razzak who have played in several ICC Tournaments and could be playing in their last or younger recruits like Mominul and Anamul, who haven't and are seeking to make names for themselves.

I don't know if they view this first round business as being a sleight or not, but I hope it spurs them on. Otherwise, ATMR's jibes about losing to teams like Turkmenistan and Seychelles may become a reality!

simon
October 27, 2013, 02:46 PM
http://www.icc-cricket.com/videos/media/id/62b1a529b4704f878957148cf72964be/icc-wt20-2014-launch-press-conference-vnr

PApon uncle er ingreji Lootus uncle er cheye bhalo ,shudhu matro ei karone ami Papon uncle ke ektu egiye rakhbo .

On a serious note, Tea20 is not real cricket, real cricket is Test & ODI .

shutorang even if we lose to Afghan or other asso , that doesn't mean they are better.
emnei agey theke bollam arki.

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 03:04 PM
I agree with Simon bhai

In t20s even a hack like Pollard outplay the great ones so I don't care much at all

Rinathq
October 27, 2013, 03:14 PM
Bring in more T20 matches for Sri Lankan series, lets say 3. Invite any of England, South Africa to come play a tri or regular t20 series. practice with the tough not the weak. Plus, unless SA or ENG are loaded, they would love to come and get used to the conditions. Dont bother inviting the associates for practice. If ICC is playing it dirty, we will have to go with it. If our Tamim-Mushy-Shakib-Nasir-Gazi-Mash combo plays regardless of form, the associates shouldnt stand a chance. Its time us fans become confident of our team and its high time our players are confident of their abilities.

Shartaz
October 27, 2013, 04:19 PM
Unbelievable.

This is probably the FIRST time in the history of mankind that the host nation of a major event of a major global sport has to qualify for the tournament.

Roni_uk
October 27, 2013, 04:34 PM
It will be funny if we don't qualify ... Tournament without the host :)

AsifTheManRahman
October 27, 2013, 05:14 PM
look who is back

AsifTheSissyRahman

where were you in the kiwi tests. you were missed

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Dude, last time we played T20s, we lost a cup to Afghanistan. And I'm not back, was always here.

AsifTheManRahman
October 27, 2013, 05:15 PM
since when we r scared of playing afgans??? that too at our home!!! shame on us
Our players are. Browse through this thread and read their comments. They are already peeing their pants.

Moh899
October 27, 2013, 05:42 PM
Who the hell is scared to whoop Australia and West Indies in turning conditions? Im not even counting the first round games as a part of this tornament. Its more like practice for us. Thanks to ICC, we can have a little more practice than the big boys. Love ICC to death.

Moh899
October 27, 2013, 05:43 PM
Bring in more T20 matches for Sri Lankan series, lets say 3. Invite any of England, South Africa to come play a tri or regular t20 series. practice with the tough not the weak. Plus, unless SA or ENG are loaded, they would love to come and get used to the conditions. Dont bother inviting the associates for practice. If ICC is playing it dirty, we will have to go with it. If our Tamim-Mushy-Shakib-Nasir-Gazi-Mash combo plays regardless of form, the associates shouldnt stand a chance. Its time us fans become confident of our team and its high time our players are confident of their abilities.

AAHHHH DIttto.

Tiger444
October 27, 2013, 05:46 PM
Well its official. Lets hope this ends up being a blessing in disguise for our guys. Theyve been beyond poor in the T20 World tournaments with just 1 win in 4 tournaments. Our players got themselves in this position and they need to start proving themselves in this format.

Like others said, we should be able to get in to the main draw. If we can't even beat the likes of Ireland and Afghanistan then we don't deserve to be playing in the main tournament. Period.

Night_wolf
October 27, 2013, 08:28 PM
we better ready the dark banner just in case!

Maysun
October 27, 2013, 10:13 PM

I am more worried about them being over-confident. :facepalm:

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 10:21 PM
Dude, last time we played T20s, we lost a cup to Afghanistan. And I'm not back, was always here.

There are 2 Asifs. The optimistic one and the critical one.

the latter disappeared because of our performance against new Zealand.

and it was a shame that we lost to tnt B team

MHRAM
October 27, 2013, 10:23 PM
Far too many sissies here

We should and we will beat them

RazabQ
October 27, 2013, 11:11 PM
Bingo. My only question is will these same cricketing reasons apply should the board that gave us IPL have their team fall in the rankings? If so, it's all good I say.

jashan83
October 27, 2013, 11:13 PM

Totally Agree

jashan83
October 27, 2013, 11:14 PM
Poor OP, he was right all along:lol:

As they say "Shooting the messenger" :)

CricketPagolChele
October 28, 2013, 10:14 AM
Why people are comparing BD's T20 ranking with AFG and IRE? All T20 games BD have played with TEST playing nations who are far better than BD in T20. Where as AFG and IRE played all their T20 games against lower ranked associates (mostly AFG and IRE among themselves). Does this comparison make any sense at all? BD should have been given automatic entry into T20 worldcup.

mufi_02
October 28, 2013, 10:22 AM
Should have would have bole ar labh nai. Reality is we have to qualify. So BCB should arrange as many t20s as possible before March.

But T20 is such a critical game. It's not like test and ODIs where you can practice and get into rhythm. One bad over or one misfield can decide the outcome of the match. So I am not too confident about BD.

MHRAM
October 28, 2013, 10:50 AM
Well lets be optimistic about playing at home. we have done well in home in the past

Night_wolf
October 28, 2013, 11:14 AM
Well lets be optimistic about playing at home. we have done well in home in the past

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

because its home thats why we are worried..we tend to fold under pressure at home..that 58 still hunts me

there are lots of posts about how icc will be a laughing stock if hosts fail to qualify and how stadiums will remain empty..dis these people forgot about how jam packed the two quater finals were of 11 wc?

MHRAM
October 28, 2013, 11:24 AM
because its home thats why we are worried..we tend to fold under pressure at home..that 58 still hunts me

there are lots of posts about how icc will be a laughing stock if hosts fail to qualify and how stadiums will remain empty..dis these people forgot about how jam packed the two quater finals were of 11 wc?

The new batch looks better than than the previous one. We have gazi momin and nasir who are good under.pressure.

about your 2nd statement. its different. Those were only.2 matches and not around 30 neutral matches. Add to that last time.around it was the first world cup in Bangladesh and not a t20 world cup. but I expect good.crowd nonetheless

Rabz
October 28, 2013, 11:49 AM
Inshallah, it might just turn out to be a good thing for us.

We should back ourselves against associates on our home ground and progressing to the Super 10 with 3 wins and more importantly the momentum could give us advantage when facing the direct entrants.

The pressure of the expectation of home games ?

Well, what differs from 2011 is the solidity and unity of this team.

kalpurush
October 28, 2013, 01:20 PM

Bingo. My only question is will these same cricketing reasons apply should the board that gave us IPL have their team fall in the rankings? If so, it's all good I say.
+1

As Razab bhai said, if it is only a cricketing decision, I am cool here. We just have to wait and see if the rules are made for the only Bangladesh and Zimbabwe or not!

jashan83
November 30, 2013, 12:52 PM
The Groups and Schedule are out for World T20

GROUP A
Bangladesh
Afghanistan
Nepal
Hong Kong

All Asia Group

GROUP B
Zimbabwe
Ireland
UAE
Netherlands

Bangladesh Matches
Match 1:- BD vs Afg (Opening Match)
Match 2:- BD vs Nep
Match 3:- BD vs HK

Zunaid
November 30, 2013, 01:01 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1741679#post1741679

syedmahm
November 30, 2013, 03:01 PM
I don't know why some people are so sure that Associates can defeat BD in BD. It is next to impossible. It will not happen
If there is a qualifying tournament or not, BD will be playing with the Top 6 teams

However if it was Europe then it was a thing to be worried about.

I am not sure of that. Remember the last ODI World Cup where BD narrowly skipped a defeat to IRE in Dhaka whereas BD should have convincingly beaten them. BD were all out for 205. IRE did scare us a lot.

Also not to forget BD lost a warm up match to IRE in 2012 ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/578139.html

As for this time, in my opinion we are in the easier group by having AFG instead of IRE. But still AFG will not be an easier opponent at all. To justify our Full Member tag, we should beat them and beat them convincingly.

syedmahm
November 30, 2013, 03:07 PM
Need to be in the top 2... so that means the fight is on with Afghanistan and Ireland

Well We need to show how good we are this time. We need to see this as an opportunity to shut the critics up and gain some momentum before the main event rather than a setback. If fear is the first thought that runs through a cricketer's mind than he truely should not be representing bangladesh cricket team because we are talking about associate teams here not South Africa and Australia.

Exactly my thought.

jashan83
December 1, 2013, 02:54 AM
I am not sure of that. Remember the last ODI World Cup where BD narrowly skipped a defeat to IRE in Dhaka whereas BD should have convincingly beaten them. BD were all out for 205. IRE did scare us a lot.

Also not to forget BD lost a warm up match to IRE in 2012 ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/578139.html

As for this time, in my opinion we are in the easier group by having AFG instead of IRE. But still AFG will not be an easier opponent at all. To justify our Full Member tag, we should beat them and beat them convincingly.

Afg I think are more dangerous for BD in Asian conditions than Ireland and above that their players have played in BPL, DPL so know the conditions here. Still I will say BD will take it. The first match for Afg is against BD and this initial match will be advantage BD. The Associates are rusty at the start, they only pick up later. BD can easily handle Nep and HK. There is a gulf of diff between Afg, Ire and other Associates. So a easy group, home conditions, team in form and favorable schedule, BD should make it easily in the end.

For ICC first match of the tournament is crucial. It can make or break the tournament. ICC made stupid grouping and now making a risky schedule also.

MHRAM
December 1, 2013, 03:52 AM
The first match is literally must win for us. Because Afghans are likely to beat HK and Nepal, same case with Bangladesh.

We beat Afghanistan first up, we are sure to qualify

Night_wolf
December 1, 2013, 04:04 AM
afgans will be pumped, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain..if we play to our potential afgans wont win this, qus is can we survive mentally and beat our inner demons

Naimul_Hd
December 1, 2013, 06:24 AM
We are gonna thrash Afganistan, MMW

Antora
December 1, 2013, 06:55 AM
The Afghans are going to be tough.....at least no Ireland or Zim!

Tiger Manc
December 1, 2013, 06:57 AM
How will the qualifiers fare in Bangladesh?

ESPNcricinfo takes a look at the Associates' chances in the first round of the 2014 World Twenty20
Peter Della Penna
December 1, 2013

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-qualifier-2013/content/story/695057.html

tanvir_nus
December 1, 2013, 07:00 AM
afgans will be pumped, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain..if we play to our potential afgans wont win this, qus is can we survive mentally and beat our inner demons

There is no doubt in my mind the Afgans will be pumped as hell. They have a lot of spirits and their bowling department is better than BD in some regards in my opinion. They do have a lot of discipline there somehow, which BD lacks. But, as I have said it before, if we can get our bowling unit to gel and work well, our team has the potential to reach the Semis.

- Mashrafe needs to bowl out by 15th over.
- Mushfique needs to rotate his bowlers really well.
- If Taskin is ready, my god, we have a very very good chance. Otherwise,Gazi needs to bowl after Mashrafe.
- Do not include Razzak at any cost, we should not go with 3 spinners.
- Mashrafe, Gazi, Shakib are 3 bowlers we need to count and hopefully they will deliver. But we do need a good 4th main bowler and maybe we can do with 2 part timers (not ideal but we do have a lot of option there, Mahmudullah, Nasir)

Ahhh, can't even stress how much the bowling will be important. Very nervous about this atm. No BD players are coming out and saying we will thrash Afghanisthan. Where is the confidence guys? Aghanistan previously said they will beat us and they did. I just hope BD comes all guns blazing same as the Aghans and control the show from ball 1. We need to get through the qualifiers first. Again, it comes down to bowling, bowling and bowling. Even if the 8 overs from the other 2 bowlers go for 100 and the other 3 bowlers bowl perfectly and give 60 in 12 overs (RR 5), they still amass 180 which is almost impossible to chase.

Roni_uk
December 1, 2013, 07:00 AM
2 teams go thr' to the next round, so even if we lose to the Afgans, as long as we win against the other two - we are through. Not a biggy!

Nadim
December 1, 2013, 07:48 AM
2 teams go thr' to the next round, so even if we lose to the Afgans, as long as we win against the other two - we are through. Not a biggy!

No. Only the top team goes through to next round!!!!

Mridul
December 1, 2013, 07:50 AM

Just the group winners from the two groups will go to the next round. If we come second in the group, we are out.

jashan83
December 1, 2013, 09:15 AM

Nops the ICC Schedule is out. Only 1 team from the group goes ahead

Tigers_eye
December 1, 2013, 11:37 AM
Some here needs to eat crow belittling OP and the topic.

Moh899
December 1, 2013, 09:54 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/88204/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%AB%E0%A6%97%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8_%E2% 80%98%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E2%80%99 _%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%96%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8_%E0 %A6%A8%E0%A6%BE_%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6% AB%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE

ffs

NoName
December 1, 2013, 10:08 PM

We shouldn't even be losing to the Afghans in the first place!

kalpurush
December 1, 2013, 10:14 PM
We shouldn't even be losing to the Afghans in the first place!
আফগান ‘জুজু’ দেখেন না মুশফিকেরা (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/88204/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%AB%E0%A6%97%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8_%E2% 80%98%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E2%80%99 _%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%96%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8_%E0 %A6%A8%E0%A6%BE_%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6% AB%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE)

But, a few fans do!!!

NoName
December 1, 2013, 10:15 PM
Can't read Bangla =/

kalpurush
December 1, 2013, 10:17 PM
Can't read Bangla =/
Mushy & Co. is not worried about the Afghans...
(unlike some of the fans!!);)

MHRAM
December 1, 2013, 10:46 PM
Because our current crop of players don't take regular doses of oestrogen these days :)

Good for them

Night_wolf
December 2, 2013, 03:20 AM
Mushy & Co. is not worried about the Afghans...
(unlike some of the fans!!);)

aisob boro boro kotha 2009 WC e ire er sathe khelar ageo bolse

u and i both know why some fans are worried

kalpurush
December 2, 2013, 12:25 PM
aisob boro boro kotha 2009 WC e ire er sathe khelar ageo bolse

u and i both know why some fans are worried
আফগান জুজুর ভয়ে প্যান্ট ভিজিয়ে ফেলছিতো আমরা।।
আর আইরিশ জুজুর ভয়ে গন্ধ-যুক্ত কাজটাই না করে বসি...!!

If we fear to lose to the Afghans and start crying even four months before the match starts, we should concentrate on playing[বাংলা]ডাংগুলি[/বাংলা]rather cricket!!!

MHRAM
December 2, 2013, 12:50 PM
Kalpurush said the truth.

Whats with the fear of facing Afghanistan?? We should not expect anything to come to us easily. The real achievers in the world take pride in achieving something thats difficult. We should be happy that we get to face Afghanistan now because we have the chance to put a nail on the mouths of those who have kept saying: "Afghanistan are better than Bangladesh" or any other nonsense

CricketPagolChele
December 2, 2013, 01:35 PM
Even if we beat AFG/IRE 1000000 times, those IND and PAK fans wont stop saying that.
Both PAK and IND fans do that from hatred, so no need to worry who we face. We will go through inshahAllah. :flag:

Kalpurush said the truth.

Whats with the fear of facing Afghanistan?? We should not expect anything to come to us easily. The real achievers in the world take pride in achieving something thats difficult. We should be happy that we get to face Afghanistan now because we have the chance to put a nail on the mouths of those who have kept saying: "Afghanistan are better than Bangladesh" or any other nonsense

al Furqaan
December 2, 2013, 02:35 PM
Even if we beat AFG/IRE 1000000 times, those IND and PAK fans wont stop saying that.
Both PAK and IND fans do that from hatred, so no need to worry who we face. We will go through inshahAllah. :flag:

Thank you for finally stating the obvious! ICC is about defending the 'elite' 8 sides despite the fact that NZ/WI/SL are no better than us. for the last 2-3 years we've just hovered under the top 8, but with the young core we have now its just a matter of fixtures before we permanently leapfrog WI or NZ in the top 8. Then we will see one or more of the established sides tusseling with the associates for entry.

CricketPagolChele
December 2, 2013, 02:56 PM
If we enter into so called "TOP 8", Indian Cricket Council (ICC) would again change it to "TOP 7", finally it would come down to "TOP 1" which is .....

Thank you for finally stating the obvious! ICC is about defending the 'elite' 8 sides despite the fact that NZ/WI/SL are no better than us. for the last 2-3 years we've just hovered under the top 8, but with the young core we have now its just a matter of fixtures before we permanently leapfrog WI or NZ in the top 8. Then we will see one or more of the established sides tusseling with the associates for entry.

simon
December 2, 2013, 04:25 PM
আফগান জুজুর ভয়ে প্যান্ট ভিজিয়ে ফেলছিতো আমরা।।
আর আইরিশ জুজুর ভয়ে গন্ধ-যুক্ত কাজটাই না করে বসি...!!

If we fear to lose to the Afghans and start crying even four months before the match starts, we should concentrate on playing[বাংলা]ডাংগুলি[/বাংলা]rather cricket!!!

purai Asif bhai er asor :-p

godzilla
December 2, 2013, 07:50 PM
If we enter into so called "TOP 8", Indian Cricket Council (ICC) would again change it to "TOP 7", finally it would come down to "TOP 1" which is .....

LOL, not everyone is out there to get us you know. This is exactly how the associates feels when we decline them a chance to play a match or 2 against us.

MHRAM
December 2, 2013, 10:43 PM
This Top 8/ Top 8 garbage has been around for some time.

Just because Bangladesh weren't in the top 8 despite being close to that position, we were not even given a chance to qualify for the CT! I am sure we might have snuck in if there was a qualifer between the bottom 4 teams. This top 8 team has also resulted us in having to qualify for the main round in the WT20 despite being hosts. If this elitist attitude remains then I don't see any future for cricket amongst other countries.

cricbook
December 3, 2013, 12:05 AM
Amra bangali ra fao talk korte like kori ..... If we have to worry about afg.... Come on ... Give the test status to irish & afgan..... & take ours test status icc ccccc.... Pura vogus golpo going on ...... Are we will beat afgans without losing less than 5 wkt or 50 runs.......... We have tamim,sakib, musy, nasir, gazi, zia , vhua riad, little momi, winter samsu , joda mashrafee, razzak kaman...... Come on... I respect afgans they r playing well.... But u guys saw how they lose to irish? ??? Yes if it was a against irish,,,, i would little worry abt with our bad luck on time......otherwise mark my word..... We will not only qualify 2nd round..... We will play semi inshallah.....:flag::flag::flag:

cricbook
December 3, 2013, 12:14 AM
I dont care what will happend....... Just want to see we r destroying the ind & pak team with a huge margin after go to the 2nd round....... Amra bangali jati can do anything in our days..... So lets rock the whole world....& let them know, host dont play fake drama instead of real stage....

cricketboy
December 3, 2013, 04:53 AM
I dont care what will happend....... Just want to see we r destroying the ind & pak team with a huge margin after go to the 2nd round....... Amra bangali jati can do anything in our days..... So lets rock the whole world....& let them know, host dont play fake drama instead of real stage....

Bhai ektu besi hoa gelo nah (Beating both India and Pak by huge margin)! 1st aim to qualify to top 10, then to do as good as possible. We are definitely not as strong in 20-20s as in ODI. Particularly we lack bowlers who can cut down opposite batsman's scoring.

Roni_uk
December 3, 2013, 06:29 AM
No. Only the top team goes through to next round!!!!

Just the group winners from the two groups will go to the next round. If we come second in the group, we are out.

Nops the ICC Schedule is out. Only 1 team from the group goes ahead

so are we saying Star Sports got it wrong?

http://www.picpaste.com/1480647_10153505059175394_1568834863_n-PnoT0LEt.jpg

MHRAM
December 3, 2013, 06:55 AM
@Roni UK

Star Sports probably did not make a clear sentence. They probably said 2 teams will qualify, but not from each group.

Roni_uk
December 3, 2013, 07:01 AM
@Roni UK

Star Sports probably did not make a clear sentence. They probably said 2 teams will qualify, but not from each group.

I hope Mushfik didn't read this :)

"TOP TWO TEAMS IN EACH GROUP ADVANCE TO SECOND PHASE"

cricbook
December 3, 2013, 07:30 PM
Bhai ektu besi hoa gelo nah (Beating both India and Pak by huge margin)! 1st aim to qualify to top 10, then to do as good as possible. We are definitely not as strong in 20-20s as in ODI. Particularly we lack bowlers who can cut down opposite batsman's scoring.

Nop... Beshi keno hobe? If bd realy wants... Things will happend.... It depand on tigers... How they are re-act on time....... But i belive, bd will trow the 2nd round positively..& will play entertaining cricket with so called top teams..(accept aus,sa)...

MHRAM
December 3, 2013, 10:48 PM
I hope Mushfik didn't read this :)

"TOP TWO TEAMS IN EACH GROUP ADVANCE TO SECOND PHASE"

Luckily Mushfiq is well educated and a smart gentleman, will probably look into the ICC website/ Cricinfo for proper info. And we also have bideshi coaches I hope they are well aware of it E-)

Tigers_eye
December 3, 2013, 11:45 PM
This is just too funny. Top 10 goes in. We are not in the top 10. lol.