PDA

View Full Version : BCB Media Release: BPL player payment and Dhaka Gladiators’ claim

Zunaid
January 30, 2013, 07:02 AM
DHAKA, Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Media Release

BPL player payment and Dhaka Gladiators’ claim

It has come to the attention of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) that BPL T20 franchise Dhaka Gladiators have claimed to the media that the BCB has not processed 25 percent of the player fees for the 2nd edition of the event after the ‘franchise had completed the payment to the BCB’.

In this regard the BCB states:

As per the procedure for payment the franchises are obligated to submit duly signed (by cricketers) and filled up player agreement documents to the BPL Governing Council. The Governing Council will initiate the necessary audit and related formalities before the BCB processes the transfer of funds to the respective players’ accounts.
All the franchises involved in the 2nd edition of BPL T20 have received separate agreement papers for local and overseas cricketers from the BPL Governing Council.

Dhaka Gladiators have made a payment in regards to 25 percent of player fees to the BCB. However, despite repeated requests the franchise until yesterday (Tuesday, 29 January 2013) had failed to furnish the BPL Governing Council/ BCB with duly signed and complete player agreement papers of each of its local and overseas recruit.
Dhaka Gladiators had submitted nine (09) agreement papers of local cricketers but the BCB’s audit department has found discrepancies in the documents.
Dhaka Gladiators have not provided the agreement documents and list of their foreign players.
Without the player agreement papers, it is not possible for the BCB to process bank transfer of fees to accounts of local players and international remittance in regards to overseas player payment.

The BCB would also wish to express its discontentment and disappointment at the way Dhaka Gladiators have approached this matter and made inaccurate claims against the Board.

MohammedC
January 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
Dhaka Gladiators are the culprit.

Zunaid
January 30, 2013, 07:13 AM
At least they did hand over the money.

Naimul_Hd
January 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
How on earth those people run a board, company ???? I really can't understand.

The tournament is half way through and they are asking for Agreement papers ???? OHH GOD !! and why there will be only 9 signed contract papers ?? why not all ? And why the hell players had started playing matches before they signed the agreement ?

Players are also at fault here. They should not give any chances to those moron so called businessmen board officials. And that BCB president is IBA MBA graduate, owner of few industries ! This is how he operates his business ? He better go to college again and learn how to manage and run a board successfully.

Zunaid
January 30, 2013, 07:34 AM
Rinku has it right. They are ALL (BCB, franchises etc) seem to be a bunch of incompetents at best. At worst their might be some financial shenanigans going on here. Too much smoke.

HereWeGo
January 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
So much for having a whole year to prepare..... :D

BCB clearly needs a good competent CEO and the work of the BCB president should only be to inaugurate events ,cut cakes, ribbons, fly ballons, and watch games from VVIP stand in the stadium....

betaar
January 30, 2013, 12:07 PM
I think there's a huge practice of letting people with conflict of interest in BCB. I don't have any substantial proof but knowing how most things run in our country, the same people who run BCB are some what involved in BPL committee and are also part owners of BPL teams. There are no contracts because when the same party runs everything why bother; hence the complicacy. Everything runs on verbal "are bhai shob thik hoye jabe" promise.

How embarrassing is this? Again and again we prove to the world what worthless board and how incompetent our admin and therefore our country is. If you don't have money why do you even start this league? Why would BCB let any team take part in BPL if they haven't paid their 25% prior to the league? If they did allow them then BCB should take full responsibility and pay the players and then go after the franchise. Didn't BCB say they will guaranty payment this time around? Why embarrass the nation and it's people? There's nothing good comes out of this country; only shame for it's people.

Navo
January 30, 2013, 12:46 PM
This is what happens when you try to formalize commercial transactions/establish commercial law and practices in a country that is essentially feudalistic in nature and structure.

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
At least they did hand over the money.
Not money but a check which is payable on March 14!

"They gave us a cheque which is payable from March 14, but they haven't given us a bank guarantee, so his claims sound absurd," Mallick added. "We have tried to help them by giving extra leeway on time, but they haven't paid us the money properly."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/story/602818.html

Hamlafan
January 30, 2013, 12:57 PM
End of BPL, OWAIS SHAH commented on ESPN report. Pay them or Stop the league!

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 12:58 PM
I do have a question:

It seems Isam bhai is over doing just to make a news!

The new dead line is January 31st, 2013.

Why Isam writes the report on CrapInfo today? The deadline is not over yet!!
He is becoming like a "tabloid" reporter it seems!!!

-As myself

Dhakablues
January 30, 2013, 01:00 PM
These never happens in club cricket,, why? Because in clubs, there are efficient management system that take cares of these issues before they come this far.. We gave franchises to Shihab Trading, Some Sports shops, unknown buisnessmen who NEVER knew how to run sports team or value cricketers.. They think players are like suppliers, raj mistri that they can pay the bill someday and best if you can avoid it..

BPL should be stopped and banned. Period. Cricinfo.com should avoid and stop publishing news about this scam leage...Its an embarrasment for the country. I honestly am not interested in the matches anymore and more concerned with how Bangladesh and our players are going to be looked at after this. Owasis Shah is lying, Mushfique is lying, Tamim was paid in full, Ian got paid... all are bunch of crooks and scammers playing with Bangladesh reputation.

mufi_02
January 30, 2013, 01:03 PM
I do have a question:

-As myself

:up: Agree with you KP bhai. I said the same thing weeks ago. Since joining Cricinfo, his tone has changed drastically. I think he is trying too hard to get promoted in CI.

reverse_swing
January 30, 2013, 01:11 PM
I do have a question:

-As myself

What are you smoking about? How many deadlines they need? Every player in the BPL is entitled to receive 25% of his total fee before the start of the second season. As per the new rules of the league, the franchisees were supposed to pay 25 per cent of the player's payment after the auctions. Then the next deadline was January 16 and now January 31.These incompetent bastards will keep setting deadlines.

Mallick however assured that all the players will get their payment although only two franchises have so far completed their payments. The BCB however has set the latest deadline to resolve all pending financial issues for today.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=267200

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 01:12 PM
These never happens in club cricket,, why? Because in clubs, there are efficient management system that take cares of these issues before they come this far.. We gave franchises to Shihab Trading, Some Sports shops, unknown buisnessmen who NEVER knew how to run sports team or value cricketers.. They think players are like suppliers, raj mistri that they can pay the bill someday and best if you can avoid it.. .

+1
Lack of experience and professionalism is evident here.

BPL should be stopped and banned. Period. Cricinfo.com should avoid and stop publishing news about this scam leage...Its an embarrasment for the country. I honestly am not interested in the matches anymore and more concerned with how Bangladesh and our players are going to be looked at after this. Owasis Shah is lying, Mushfique is lying, Tamim was paid in full, Ian got paid... all are bunch of crooks and scammers playing with Bangladesh reputation.

Can't agree here banning BPL. Instead BCB should make it right.
We need a honest and visionary leader at BCB who will bring professionalism and accountability and work on developing cricket infrastructure rather making fortune for themselves.

Hamlafan
January 30, 2013, 01:24 PM
I do have a question:

-As myself

Can we let Isam bhia do his job, who said just becuase his bangladeshi he has to always hide the truth, and how many deadlines are set and delayed? This set and delayed rule will never allow isam to report anything, anyways if isam does not report, dobell will as Owais and many english are taking part this year. I am alway's with Isam Bhia his doing his job its just us fans trying to hide everything from the majority of the cricketing population. its wrong and BCB should learn a lesson. its just my opinion anyone can have their opinion heard.

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 01:26 PM
What are you smoking about? How many deadlines they need? Every player in the BPL is entitled to receive 25% of his total fee before the start of the second season. As per the new rules of the league, the franchisees were supposed to pay 25 per cent of the player's payment after the auctions. Then the next deadline was January 16 and now January 31.
I don't smoke at all r_s bhai!;)

The dead line was changed to January 31 to pay the 1st installment.

Why Isam bhai did not report it before January 16? As there is a new dead line, shouldn't we wait to make a judgment? What if Shah is being paid today?

We all talk crap about BPL. Do you know that Players were not paid by IPL franchise for almost a year? I am not saying BCB is perfect, we all know how crap is BCB!!

What I am saying is reports in CricInfo about Bangladesh is NOT neutrally written lately rather bashing. Do you know that Nafees made a ton in BPl? CricInfo never made it a headline? Why?? You know the answer, don't you?

Spiderman
January 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
Isam doesn't really speak in favour of Bangladesh Cricket anymore don't know why exactly hence why his articles have been a bit irritating to read always negative stuff. BCB is a joke!!! nothing else to say truly embarrassed and disappointed if this is true.

HereWeGo
January 30, 2013, 01:36 PM

Why Isam bhai did not report it before January 16? As there is a new dead line, shouldn't we wait to make a judgment? What if Shah is being paid today?

We all talk crap about BPL. Do you know that Players were not paid by IPL franchise for almost a year? I am not saying BCB is perfect, we all know how crap is BCB!!

What I am saying is reports in CricInfo about Bangladesh is NOT neutrally written lately rather bashing. Do you know that Nafees made a ton in BPl? CricInfo never made it a headline? Why?? You know the answer, don't you?

No denying the flaws that exist in BCB and BPL owners, however I do feel you are correct in assuming that we get a lot more negative publicity than we deserve. I would not have complained if the reports were unbiased and even publicesed the accomplishments.
It is common sense that if the same owners did not pay the players and managemenr the first time than they would not have come to participate in the league again.

reverse_swing
January 30, 2013, 01:36 PM

Again you are talking crap here. This is the 3rd deadline set by BCB. They supposed to pay this after the auctions. Then BCB set another deadline on Jan 16. Only two franchises have so far completed their payments. And only 1 day left. We all know what will happen.

Dhakablues
January 30, 2013, 01:48 PM
On the same vein, I think PSL would be successful because they have someone like Haroon Logart being the adviser and they will learn how to handle issues from other leagues.. Yes, IPL had payment issue( not issues) because it was only Deccan Chargers who didnt pay a player or two due to bankrupcy proceedings and eventually BCCI auctioned the franchisee to new owners. But whats happening in BPL is just outright unacceptable and a shame to all Bangladeshis and cricket fan. Franchises are running without any management team; BCB is completely ineffective in applying any pressure on them, owners writing bounced checks (i.e., to Tamim) without any ramificaitons and the list goes on..

Irony is even Chittagong's PCL ( Port City League) did not face such complaints and the complete tournament was in UAE with 200 plus players, coach, staff etc. expenses. Again, it was done by some experienced and hard-core sports organizers instead of some trading company and stadium shop owners pretending to be high-flying Indian business tycoon..

HereWeGo
January 30, 2013, 01:49 PM
Isam doesn't really speak in favour of Bangladesh Cricket anymore don't know why exactly hence why his articles have been a bit irritating to read always negative stuff. BCB is a joke!!! nothing else to say truly embarrassed and disappointed if this is true.

He wanted Javed Miandad to coach Bangladesh if I recall.... clearly he misses the fact that players from a certain country is missing in BPL...

reverse_swing
January 30, 2013, 01:53 PM
BTW, IPL payment system is different. They pay over the 8 months period as far I know. They also have payment issues but FICA is not vocal against them as IPL does not even recognize FICA!

betaar
January 30, 2013, 01:53 PM

I think you are going off topic by dissecting the neutrality of crapinfo or Isam. Why worry about the intent of the site or the messenger when the message it self is in discussion here?

Isam isn't lying, he is simply stating the fact. This attitude "if a writer or a commentator is from BD should always praise BD or hide the fact" is none other than self-fulfilling behavior and does nothing for our cricket or image. If Isam doesn't wite it some one else will just like Dobell did here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/story/602823.html

Changing the deadline again and again is also not an ideal situation when players play to get paid, is it? Utter unprofessionalism is in display by BCB deteriorating the image of the country.

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 02:01 PM
Isam isn't lying, he is simply stating the fact. This attitude "if a writer or a commentator is from BD should always praise BD or hide the fact" is none other than self-fulfilling behavior and does nothing for our cricket or image. If Isam doesn't wite it some one else will just like Dobell did here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/story/602823.html

Changing the deadline again and again is also not an ideal situation when players play to get paid, is it? Utter unprofessionalism is in display by BCB deteriorating the image of the country.
I am questing the timing of the report here. The deadline (whatever it is 3rd or 30th) is 31st January. Why do you report today?

Why didn't you write after the 1st deadline? That could have helped BCB to take actions to solve the payment issues earlier without making a big fuss.

reverse_swing
January 30, 2013, 02:04 PM
Well, if you need three deadlines to get 25% of the money then think about the remaining...!

cricheart
January 30, 2013, 02:11 PM
Is there anyone in this forum who weren't expecting another money dispute coming?!
We all knew such will happen, and I knew the first one to voice out will be most likely a Pakistani one. Well, they aint here this time arround. btw Owais Shah is a Pakistani born Brit, nuf said.

This reminds me at BPL1, Pakistani players were very high vocal to create dispute, exposer and were in front line to poop paint face of BPL, BCB & Bangladesh everywhere, although they were first to be cleared. For any reason, they were feeling insecure about these money issues more than anyone else. Here BPL2 still running against Pakistan's will & agenda. Things like these are very much expected which is already warned by FICA & ECB. This is Bangladesh, just bear it.

mufi_02
January 30, 2013, 02:13 PM
^^ Pak agenda and Owais Shah being a Pakistani born Brit is totally irrelevant for this payment issue. Kisher moddhe ki.

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 02:18 PM
Well, if you need three deadlines to get 25% of the money then think about the rest!
r_s bhai, I am not advocating for BCB here. It is a shame that they didn't learn anything from the 1st BPL. We all know that many players and coaches including Ian weren't paid on time.

What I have expected from Isam bhai is that he would help BCB to become a professional institution by making timely and constructive criticism.

Anyway, I am sorry for my crap comments and limitations.

reverse_swing
January 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
r_s bhai, I am not advocating for BCB here. It is a shame that they didn't learn anything from the 1st BPL. We all know that many players and coaches including Ian weren't paid on time.

What I have expected from Isam bhai is that he would help BCB to become a professional institution by making timely and constructive criticism.

KP bhai, I don't care about Cricinfo, Isam, IPL, Pakistan issues. All are meaningless to me. The franchisees were supposed to pay 25% of the player's payment after the auctions. This is the only thing matters to me. When you fail to do so, you should not be allowed to participate in the BPL.

cricheart
January 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
^^ Pak agenda and Owais Shah being a Pakistani born Brit is totally irrelevant for this payment issue. Kisher moddhe ki.
What I'm implying no need to get over-board to bash BCB, for a reason that we knew will happen. Story has just started for 25%, yet 75% is left there.
So who was that you were expecting to be the first one to be vocal against these payment dramas?! Shakib, Mushfiq?

reverse_swing
January 30, 2013, 02:30 PM
So who was that you were expecting to be the first one to be vocal against these payment dramas?! Shakib, Mushfiq?

Haven't received initial BPL fee - Shakib
Mohammad Isam
January 14, 2013

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/story/600856.html

Murad
January 30, 2013, 02:35 PM
Lets see what happens today. BCB should sack themselves and also terminate the contracts with the franchises if they can't pay.

“We will definitely scrap the ownership if any franchise fails to fulfil all the commitments,” said Mallick.

ar koto shunbo erokom kotha?

Hamlafan
January 30, 2013, 02:48 PM
Anyone realise what meaningless Game on Sports is doing? All I hear so far Is BCB, BPL etc. I don't hear anyone say How Crap Game on Sports is! they bloody don't have any guts to show two fingers to the franchise owners after giving them so much chance's. I think we all know if this was the management group of IPL majority of the franchise would have been terminated long time ego, All the crap parties are similar be it Game on Sports, BCB, BPL committee, all have rubbish brains, three in one.

ankur86
January 30, 2013, 02:49 PM
I thought Isam is a pakistani untill I knew from this forum. bpl is a success. so many spectators are watching. some people may be missing pakistani players.

Max100
January 30, 2013, 02:53 PM
Why bcb didnt take time to write proper constitutions for bpl, confirm all payment issue and then arrange a big league like this. Why they cant follow ipl?

Hamlafan
I thought Isam is a pakistani untill I knew from this forum. bpl is a success. so many spectators are watching. some people may be missing pakistani players.

I urge you without knowing not to label anyone Pakistani. I think Isam has already got lot of bashing in the last few weeks just because he states the truth in ESPN Cricinfo. He has done enough for Bangladesh and we should thank him, we are lucky that he has not been reporting everything on day by day basis on cricinfo otherwise:ohno:

cricheart
Haven't received initial BPL fee - Shakib
Mohammad Isam
January 14, 2013

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/story/600856.html

I know about that chief, but thats news before league started. Besides he didn't talk for him only. Since Shakib is silent and no follow up news came from Moha Isam, its assumable that he is paid enough. Here O Shah havnt got any, and thats why this issue. Do you think, this threat to not play next match will guarantee his left due to be cleared in time?!

MohammedC
January 30, 2013, 02:59 PM
Oh please cover the stories, nothing has happened. Just deny everything.

ankur86
January 30, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hamlafan, you know very little about the management of ipl. they also had pending payments. when money is involved delay is inevitable not only in bpl also in ipl.

MohammedC
January 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
BPL/BCB not paying players on time has nothing to do with IPL or any other organisation

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 03:23 PM
সেলিম - তাঁর দাবি, ক্রিকেটারদের চুক্তিপত্র তাঁরা বোর্ডকে আগেই দিয়েছেন (একবার বলেছেন তিনবার দিয়েছি, আরেকবার বলেছেন পাঁচবার)। কিন্তু এই দাবিকে সর্বৈব মিথ্যা বলে উড়িয়ে দিলেন বিপিএল সদস্যসচিব, ‘তারা শুধু দেশি ক্রিকেটারদের চুক্তিপত্র দিয়েছে, বিদেশিদের দেয়নি। ওদের বলার পর অকথ্য ভাষায় গালাগাল শুরু করল। পরে আমরা আরও ঘাঁটাঘাঁটি করে তাদের ম্যানেজারের সঙ্গে কথা বলে জানলাম যে আসলেই বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের চুক্তিপত্র দেয়নি। তাঁকে আবার জানানোর পর তিনি তাঁর ম্যানেজারকে গালাগাল শুরু করলেন। শেষে কাল (পরশু) ১১টার সময় আমাকে অ্যাগ্রিমেন্ট এনে দিল। ওই লোক পুরোপুরি মিথ্যে কথা বলছেন। বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের অ্যাগ্রিমেন্ট ছাড়া এক টাকাও বিদেশে পাঠানো যায় না, বাংলাদেশ ব্যাংক অনুমতি দেয় না। তিনি নাকি পাঁচবার চুক্তিপত্রের কপি দিয়েছেন, একটা কপি দেখাতে বলেন না! তাহলেই বোঝা যাবে কে মিথ্যে বলছে।’
প্রায় ৪০ মিনিটের আলোচনায় বারবারই বিসিবিকে অপেশাদার, অদক্ষ বলেছেন সেলিম, প্রশ্ন তুলেছেন এত বড় টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজনের সামর্থ্য নিয়ে। তবে গতবার ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি সময়মতো টাকা না দেওয়াতেই আজ এই অবস্থা, সেই প্রসঙ্গ এড়িয়ে যেতে চাইলেন সেলিম, ’বাসি ব্যাপারগুলো আর না টানাই ভালো।’
বিসিবি অবশ্য এই হম্বিতম্বিকে সহজভাবে নিচ্ছে না। মল্লিক শোনালেন সতর্কবাণী, ‘পরিষ্কার বলে দিচ্ছি, তিনি বা কোনো ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি যদি টাকা না দেয়, তাহলে আমরা একবার-দুবার সময় দেব। তিনবারেও যদি না দেয়, তাহলে স্ক্র্যাচ করে দেব। বিসিবি তখনই টাকা দেবে, যখন অন্য কেউ দিতে ব্যর্থ হবে। বিসিবিই যদি টাকা দিয়ে দেয়, তাঁরা দেবেন না, এটা কিছু হলো! ঢাকায় ফিরলে সব ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজিকে আমরা সময় বেঁধে দেব, যদি টাকা না দেয়, কারও কোনো ছাড় নেই। মালিকানা কেড়ে নেব। সেটা এমনকি টুর্নামেন্ট চলার সময়ও হতে পারে।’
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-01-31/news/325457

Ajfar
January 30, 2013, 04:05 PM
I am questing the timing of the report here. The deadline (whatever it is 3rd or 30th) is 31st January. Why do you report today?

The report is out today because everyone knows about it now. BCB themselves had to send out a media release. If BCB themselves came out and said there are payment issues, what's so wrong if Isam/Cricinfo reports it? Isam is not trying to start anything. He is just doing his job. Cricinfo is a big deal in the cricket community, it's their job to report latest news. When someone opened that thread in Bangla Cricket section saying BD/Zim has to play in the qualifier for 2014 WC, how many of us said how come there is no report about this in Cricinfo? Because we know it's some what reliable. People outside of BD will turn to Cricinfo to read BPL news, that's why it's there.

KP bhai you are making it sound like only Cricinfo is reporting this. There were reports out from BD newspapers about this yesterday long before Isam/Cricinfo posted this.

simon
January 30, 2013, 04:40 PM
payment issues are always manageable when u have the money.
DG certainly have the money to pay 25 % but are not professional enough when it comes to pay on time.
it will be solved, BPL will continue normally , no franchise will face actions from BCB,no player is going to boycott anything, BPL's future is still intact.
But this payment issue won't stop.

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 04:46 PM
The report is out today because everyone knows about it now. BCB themselves had to send out a media release. If BCB themselves came out and said there are payment issues, what's so wrong if Isam/Cricinfo reports it? Isam is not trying to start anything. He is just doing his job. Cricinfo is a big deal in the cricket community, it's their job to report latest news. When someone opened that thread in Bangla Cricket section saying BD/Zim has to play in the qualifier for 2014 WC, how many of us said how come there is no report about this in Cricinfo? Because we know it's some what reliable. People outside of BD will turn to Cricinfo to read BPL news, that's why it's there.

KP bhai you are making it sound like only Cricinfo is reporting this. There were reports out from BD newspapers about this yesterday long before Isam/Cricinfo posted this.
I do know that and acknowledged that CricInfo is a big deal in the cricket community and that's why my query about the timing.

I have little faith/trust what I read in Bangla papers except two or three news daily in Bangladesh.

I do NOT "hate" Isam bhai, rather I do appreciate his efforts and his passions about Bangladesh cricket. But lately, I see too many negative reports about Bangladesh cricket in CricInfo.

Isam bhai wrote - there were three deadlines for the 1st installment to pay the players at BPL2. True, but does NOT reflect the true nature of the situation.

He wrote the 1st payment was due on January 7th, then 16th and 31st.
The fact is, franchises had to clear their payments before the tournament starts which was set to start on January 18th. Due to the "PCB/Pakistan saga", we all know that one franchise couldn't even get their eleven players for their squads due to PCB's refusal to allow Pak players at BPL2 at the very last moment which put a great deal of uncertainties amongst BCB and all franchise.

I an not advocating for BCB or any other franchise. The non-payment issue is indeed a shame for all of us and BCB is responsible for this. What I expect from Isam bhai is to help BCB rather just reporting or bashing. May be I am asking too much? May be.

Zunaid
January 30, 2013, 05:29 PM
Seriously. Why should Isam be partial to BCB? Regardless of his nationality, he is a journalist. His job is to report the news without fear or favor. And that's exactly what he has been doing. Criticizing Isam for doing is job is like criticizing me for breathing. It is not only stupid but perhaps slanderous. If BCB itself sends in a press release, what do you think Isam should be doing? Sitting on his a$s? Lets move the discussion to the real issue. The unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. Not the professionalism of Isam.

mij
January 30, 2013, 06:00 PM
it is unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. But Isam will make anything to big news, as if we don't have enough bad reputation.

Zunaid
January 30, 2013, 06:22 PM
it is unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. But Isam will make anything to big news, as if we don't have enough bad reputation.

And you know this for a fact. Don't be besmirching a man's reputation. You know what you wrote can be considered slanderous. Isam didn't make the news - BCB and the franchises did. Ar koto dhama chapa diba? That's our problem - we are in intolerant race unable to accept rightful criticism. In this case, it isn't even criticism. It's news. Seriously, some of you need to not open your mouths and remove all doubts.

kalpurush
January 30, 2013, 06:59 PM
Seriously. Why should Isam be partial to BCB? Regardless of his nationality, he is a journalist. His job is to report the news without fear or favor. And that's exactly what he has been doing.
I have never said Isam shouldn't report /write against BCB and it's unprofessionalism/corrupting etc. What I am against is the way the news is presented. If you read CricInfo regularly, you would notice the negative tone in most of the reports they published about Bangladesh cricket. Look how they make the "headlines" compare to other so called "elite" countries.

For example: Nafees scored a ton in BPL, but never made it in the headline even in Bangladesh section!

I do not expect Isam to be biased towards BCB, rather I want him to be neutral and make constructive criticism which would/might help/motivate BCB. I am not referring this particular report only rather all the news/reports made in the last several months. I hope I made myself clear or at least tried to. :)

Zobair
January 30, 2013, 07:00 PM
Sunshine is a cure for many diseases. Isam is the 'Sunshine' in this case. He is doing his job as a journalist and a heck of a job at that. I would urge Isam to continue speaking the truth and bringing such issues to light. These shameless people must not be allowed to get away with their dignity intact when they clearly do not care about the dignity of the players or the fans.

Ajfar
January 30, 2013, 07:10 PM

Oh soo now Isam is at fault for reporting the same news that's being reported all over the country? How is this not a big news? Isam didn't had to do jack to make this a big news, the morons running BCB and BPL did. Isam doesn't work for BCB, its not his job to save BCB's reputation.

Eshen
January 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
BCB is still crap, but BPL franchises are even worse!

Eshen
January 30, 2013, 09:16 PM
The news is all over the media, but some people here expected Isam to stay quiet!

Jadukor
January 30, 2013, 09:59 PM
If my understanding is correct then the current setup is
i) Franchises will pay BCB
ii) BCB will play players

If this is so then why couldn't BCB just do the contract with all players themselves? Why separate the payment and the contracting process. BCB could have handled all contracts on behalf of the franchises to prevent screw-ups.

NoName
January 30, 2013, 10:04 PM
I know about that chief, but thats news before league started. Besides he didn't talk for him only. Since Shakib is silent and no follow up news came from Moha Isam, its assumable that he is paid enough. Here O Shah havnt got any, and thats why this issue. Do you think, this threat to not play next match will guarantee his left due to be cleared in time?!

Erm..read what you just wrote, you are defending Shakib over the same thing Owais has done. First of all, everyone was due to be paid 25% before the tournament started, Shakib didn't get paid so he was rightfully vocal. Secondly, I highly doubt he got paid as of yet because, or anyone in the team, because this whole problem affects DG entierly, and he probably didn't expect otherwise. Owais Shah didn't get paid, and we are halfway through the tournament he has the right to be vocal, you don't seem to be making a fuss over Shakib (it doesn't matter if it was before or after, it is even worse they aren't even paid yet), but over Owais and explicitly stating he is Pakistani. So what? Stop with the conspiracies ,they are not all out to sabotage the tournament.

AsifTheManRahman
January 30, 2013, 10:50 PM
I think we're blaming the messenger unnecessarily. Isam is just doing his job. Really, how can we expect rosy stories when the reality is mostly doom and gloom?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

RazabQ
January 30, 2013, 10:55 PM
I agree with Z bhai here. Isam can report the news as he sees fit and in whatever tone as long as he is presenting objective facts. If this was a journo with with an "Indian" name we'd be all over CricIndo. Because he is Bangladeshi we are trying find some sort of gaddari/traitorship angle.

BCB is very unprofessional but at least they are stepping up where the franchises have fallen short. It's our overall culture of not taking ownership and accountability that's the issue here.

Now someone in the franchises and BCB better be pulling all-nighters to make sure all paperwork is complete and the payments are cleared ASAP.

Seriously we are looking like the Lankan Board! :)

NoName
January 30, 2013, 10:57 PM
Lankan board is financially weak, but they are leagues more professional than ours. Come to think of it, didn't hear much complaints from the SLPL.

ReZ_1
January 30, 2013, 11:04 PM
I think we're blaming the messenger unnecessarily. Isam is just doing his job. Really, how can we expect rosy stories when the reality is mostly doom and gloom?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Yes you are right! it is as if in Bengali films mother handing over his corrupted child to the police. Truth hurts sometimes especially when it is against us from one of us.:-|

BengaliPagol
January 31, 2013, 02:49 AM
I reckon Isam bhai knows how bad BCB are so he is trying to report this as much as possible so hopefully there is more exposure abd the problem fixes.

al Furqaan
January 31, 2013, 03:27 AM
Lankan board is financially weak, but they are leagues more professional than ours. Come to think of it, didn't hear much complaints from the SLPL.

SLPL payouts were a lot smaller, something on the order of 20% of what BPL has.

Regardless, BCB and BPL franchises are solely to blame here. They should be punished in any harsh way. This being the last BPL would be a good start.

Maysun
January 31, 2013, 03:39 AM
Honestly, the BCB is to be blamed here. It's their show. They have the whole authoritative power and can pull the plug anytime they want regarding the franchise salary disputes. But they sit back, do nothing, just talk bullshit and extend deadlines.

Zunaid
January 31, 2013, 03:50 AM
Honestly, the BCB is to be blamed here. It's their show. They have the whole authoritative power and can pull the plug anytime they want regarding the franchise salary disputes. But they sit back, do nothing, just talk bullshit and extend deadlines.

:up:

Agree. It's their show. Right now they are passing the buck on to the franchisees. In

cricheart
January 31, 2013, 06:01 AM
SLPL also faced players' revolt worse than this. If I can recall correctly one match got delayed 2-3 hours due to similar payment issue players boycott to come in the ground and organisers fell in embarrasing postion themselves, but managed the damage well and not let these news spread much. But here, CI representative Moha Isam seems very keen to find every negetive critics in opertunistic timings against BPL.
I'm posting this, just for your compairison of payment complains of SLPL with our BPL, I got no claim against biased-ness of this Bangladeshi reporter, as he is doing his job his way.

cricheart
January 31, 2013, 06:14 AM
Erm..read what you just wrote, you are defending Shakib over the same thing Owais has done. First of all, everyone was due to be paid 25% before the tournament started, Shakib didn't get paid so he was rightfully vocal. Secondly, I highly doubt he got paid as of yet because, or anyone in the team, because this whole problem affects DG entierly, and he probably didn't expect otherwise. Owais Shah didn't get paid, and we are halfway through the tournament he has the right to be vocal, you don't seem to be making a fuss over Shakib (it doesn't matter if it was before or after, it is even worse they aren't even paid yet), but over Owais and explicitly stating he is Pakistani. So what? Stop with the conspiracies ,they are not all out to sabotage the tournament.

Dont take it otherwise bro. Just fix it in the mind for a while- These payment issues were bound to happen anyway. I aint questining for right or wrong anymore as long as its about BCB & BPL. My question is if players aint paid yet, why they are playing right now, istead of being vocal like this Pakistani bloke, O Shah. Why not join him and boycott the whole league?
Atleast It does give you different perspective, aint it? Much better than shooting the messenger, who is btw of our own.

Ajfar
January 31, 2013, 08:44 AM
^ oh so now O shah is complaining because he is Pakistani? Shabash banagali, chalaiya jaw.

Leafs PWN
January 31, 2013, 09:27 AM
After this deal is resolved [if it is], BCB should give out a final warning - one more missed deadline, and you lose ownership of the team. We also need to give ownership to comapnies/individulas who have a record of displaying professionalism. We can't just hand out franchises to no name brands with $.

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 10:31 AM
Adbur Razzak adds voice to payments issue

"Truth be told, I am not confident about payment. If I say I am confident, I might not get paid, and if I say I won't get paid, they may clear the payment."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/602933.html

reverse_swing
January 31, 2013, 10:35 AM
Adbur Razzak adds voice to payments issue

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2013/content/current/story/602933.html

DG to tao 25% payment er paperwork korse. Era to kisui joma dei nai.

MohammedC
January 31, 2013, 10:38 AM
This year's BPL is the last. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

roman
January 31, 2013, 10:43 AM
This year's BPL is the last. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

there are so many who will be responsible for this. All are busy pointing fingers at each other, no one is actually working on fixing this mess. As a nation we are really fortunate to have these golden idiots

Shubho
January 31, 2013, 10:52 AM
there are so many who will be responsible for this. All are busy pointing fingers at each other, no one is actually working on fixing this mess. As a nation we are really fortunate to have these golden idiots

We are a nation of golden idiots.

mufi_02
January 31, 2013, 10:52 AM
What is Lotus doing now? Maybe in an AC room in ICC Dubai HQ, smoking a cigar, and planning tonight's dinner with Zaka at a new fancy restaurant by Burj Khalifa.

HereWeGo
January 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
Can the mods please merge all the BPL non payment thread!!

I am still optimistic that the issue will get resolved..... If the money is there than the payment shall be made eventually and these owners are some of the richest men in bangladesh...

reverse_swing
January 31, 2013, 01:26 PM
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) once again extended the deadline, till February 5, for the franchises to resolve all pending financial issues. Yesterday was the last day for the franchises to complete the 25 per cent of the players' fees but only Dhaka Gladiators and Khulna Royal Bengals complied with the deadline, according to the BPL governing council.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=267349

shuziburo
January 31, 2013, 01:36 PM
BTW, IPL payment system is different. They pay over the 8 months period as far I know. They also have payment issues but FICA is not vocal against them as IPL does not even recognize FICA!

Should BPL follow suit?

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2013, 01:37 PM
As expected. If the players still don't quit, they are idiots because I see more deadlines coming up, probably well into the summer, before everyone (owners/BCB) just forgets about it.

AsifTheManRahman
January 31, 2013, 01:38 PM
Should BPL follow suit?
No point. Payment will still be an issue.

shuziburo
January 31, 2013, 01:39 PM
Seriously. Why should Isam be partial to BCB? Regardless of his nationality, he is a journalist. His job is to report the news without fear or favor. And that's exactly what he has been doing. Criticizing Isam for doing is job is like criticizing me for breathing. It is not only stupid but perhaps slanderous. If BCB itself sends in a press release, what do you think Isam should be doing? Sitting on his a$s? Lets move the discussion to the real issue. The unprofessionalism of the BCB and the franchises. Not the professionalism of Isam.

:up: :up:

shuziburo
January 31, 2013, 01:42 PM
After this deal is resolved [if it is], BCB should give out a final warning - one more missed deadline, and you lose ownership of the team. We also need to give ownership to comapnies/individulas who have a record of displaying professionalism. We can't just hand out franchises to no name brands with $.

Can BCB do it? If they can, it will help salvage some face.

HereWeGo
January 31, 2013, 01:46 PM

Agreed but my only request to him would be to follow up with the news till the very end. I mean, he must ensure that IF (thats a big if) and when the players are paid, he puts up an article to state that fact also.

mshakir56
January 31, 2013, 02:34 PM
Agreed but my only request to him would be to follow up with the news till the very end. I mean, he must ensure that IF (thats a big if) and when the players are paid, he puts up an article to state that fact also.

Getting paid on time for your hard work is not a privilege!!! It's a Universal right!!

Hamlafan
January 31, 2013, 02:40 PM
Abdur Razzak adds voice to payment issue:

HereWeGo
January 31, 2013, 03:12 PM
Getting paid on time for your hard work is not a privilege!!! It's a Universal right!!

I am not denying that... I am equally outraged at BCB and BPL about the whole issue. I am only saying that if a payment is made eventually, that also must get highlighted, otherwise there is always a reason to believe that the players never recieved the money. A story must be covered till the very end.

Murad
January 31, 2013, 03:18 PM
“Dhaka Gladiators paid their money and they also sent the players' contract documents through courier service while Khulna also gave their amount and contract documents, so their players will get their money within the next three-four working days. But the rest of the franchises are yet to pay their fees and as per their request we extended the date till Tuesday. We are hopeful. There is no reason to be worried about the payment because BCB is the guarantor,” said Mallick.

Dhaka and Khulna completed their first payment and players agreements. Others 5 franchises have 5 days to do so.

Navo
January 31, 2013, 03:25 PM
I wonder what the Bangladesh Bank's role in this is. The sums that each of these franchises are dealing in goes into the millions of US dollars and there must be a lot of paperwork re: foreign exchange disbursement. Could this be part of the problem and the reason behind the delays?? (NOT that that should be an excuse, given the year they had to plan and get requisite permission)

Ajfar
January 31, 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't get it. What's the point of extending the dead line over and over? As if somehow changing the deadline makes everything alright? Franchises don't need deadline to file paperworks at this point. Deadline should be asap.

NoName
January 31, 2013, 10:38 PM
Who are these schmucks that own our franchises?

cricket_fanatic
February 1, 2013, 05:51 AM
No surprises here - when the second installment of a tournament is allowed to commence without resolving payment issues from the first, this is inevitable!

Rabz
February 1, 2013, 06:09 AM
Well, if he gets paid, Owais Shah should come up to the media and inform everyone that he did indeed get paid and the issue has been resolved.
BPL GC/BCB should have or still should do some counter PR to restore the image and confidence.

cricheart
February 1, 2013, 06:45 AM
Well, if he gets paid, Owais Shah should come up to the media and inform everyone that he did indeed get paid and the issue has been resolved.
BPL GC/BCB should have or still should do some counter PR to restore the image and confidence.
:up: very true. There are some counter activity needed. These days bashing BCB seems paani bhaat, even in BC & with all these some peeps (including opertunistic haterz) tries to generalise Bangladeshis aint funny at all. I'm sick of these critics & unpatriotic attitude of some. No one is baptised with tulsi water, this is what Bangladesh is, and our standards need not necessarily to be equal with FICA ones. Everyone who is playing BPL this year, they were all warned about these payment irregularities, time to bear some pain of it. Today or tommorow everyone will be paid, as long as BCB herself the guarantor here.

Leafs PWN
February 1, 2013, 09:03 AM
Can BCB do it? If they can, it will help salvage some face.

I don't think it's a question of can anymore. If they want the league to sustain, they have to do this.

You just cannot expect foreigners to participate in a tournament where the owners **** around with payment. If I were a foregin player in BPL, I know I wouldn't come back unless there were severe changes made to the league, and its payment policies.

We'll probably need to pay more than 25% before the season starts too. Need to do something drastic to change peoples opinions.

Rabz
February 1, 2013, 10:20 AM
As per Papon's interview in Banglanews24, Owais Shah gave the wrong numbers and the money was sent to wrong account. Apparently he admitted that and soon is about to come clean in the media about that.

I hope that's the case and we can move on from the whole incident.

PoorFan
February 1, 2013, 10:34 AM
What an idiot that Shah could be!? How come one make a mistake when providing his account number!! And this has happened with another idiot in last BPL too, as far I can remember.

HereWeGo
February 1, 2013, 10:37 AM
if true, wanna see if the major cricketing websites cover this story...

Rabz
February 1, 2013, 10:43 AM
They better if it is the case.
Would expect from cricinfo, cricbuzz, guardian everyone.

roman
February 1, 2013, 10:47 AM
If its true, Shah needs to make a public statement and Cricinfo better cover it

. Isam bhai needs to focus on this. He did his job when there was a payment issue, hope he does his job again when the payment issue has been solved

mufi_02
February 1, 2013, 10:48 AM
Waiting to see how Isam bhai will cover this.

PoorFan
February 1, 2013, 10:52 AM
Well I think the bank account blunder as well as payment happened AFTER his voicing out. Means his unpayment shout at first was a valid one.

BANFAN
February 1, 2013, 11:46 AM
Well I think the bank account blunder as well as payment happened AFTER his voicing out. Means his unpayment shout at first was a valid one.

Yes I think so ... BCB's initial response was, that they got a delayed check from DG...

Dhakablues
February 1, 2013, 02:42 PM
Dude... why is suddenly Isam our public enemy or god sent savior?

He is a sports reporter, reported the actual fact and will report anything thats of interest or significance.. His report isnt going to change the perception of BPL, convince Tim May or please Zaka.. We all know BPL issues were persistent even last year.. I think we just went after him because of his fair reporting. That wasnt right..