PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Big Deal About Glenn Maxwell?

jeesh
February 8, 2013, 03:55 AM
1 Million Dollars? Whats the big deal about this 24 year old Victorian? Mumbai Indians owners have spoken about the immense potential and talent he possesses. Kumble has also spoken calling him an exciting emerging player.

Is he that good? Anyone see him as Australia's next superstar?

Bonglababu
February 8, 2013, 04:18 AM
IPL franchises have got a fetish for doing extravagant stupidity. They did it with Warner (I guess) last year. Personally I don't think he is anything "special" than just a bright prospect.

jeesh
February 8, 2013, 04:49 AM
But Warners not a bad player. He can destroy any team. Perfectly suited for T20. So spending big on him makes sense. Still trying to figure out why such fuss about Maxwell.

I used to support Australia in the late 90's and the early 2000's. Used to love the Waughs, Ponting, Martyn, Hayden, Gilchrist, McGrath, Lee, Bevan, Warne etc. It was like a team full of legends all bringing so much of excitement to the game. Their team is way too boring these days. Devoid of any iconic players. So wondering whether they have finally found a star in Maxwell. Mitchel Starc definitely looks like a find!

BengaliPagol
February 8, 2013, 06:18 PM
Maxwell has potential but i dont see him as being a superstar. Dont know about any magnificent innings that he has played.

Nadim
February 9, 2013, 04:26 AM
Overhyped like Steven Smith, who was compared to Shane Warne once:lol:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ankur86
February 9, 2013, 10:05 AM
It is a one million dollar deal. it is a very big amount. only hard hitting foreigners like kevin peterson gets more.