PDA

View Full Version : Impressed With Taskin

Ian Pont
February 15, 2013, 01:46 AM
Taskin was a net bowler last year and this year he has broken through as a genuine pace bowler with really good mental strength.

I like this guy. And I feel he has a big future if he is handled correctly.

Going forward Richard McInnes has something to work with and I as always, am happy to receive players in the UK, if the BCB wish to send them for speed training.

Taskin is already someone I think the BCB should take to Sri Lanka, just for the experience of being involved around the team, and to train in nets on the International stage - not to play.

He seems such a decent lad, too. let us all hope he keeps a passion for pace!

Maysun
February 15, 2013, 01:50 AM
Anyone has a fair estimate of his pace because the BPL speed gun ain't right

tanvir_nus
February 15, 2013, 02:46 AM
Hey Ian,
As an expert of fast bowling what did you think about his action? And what do you really think about his future and the areas he needs to work on and is really good at? Can he be the next Mashrafe of Bangladesh?

shakibrulz
February 15, 2013, 03:30 AM
Big praise coming from you, Ian! Too little I've seen of him, but looks a good prospect. And yeah speed gun is awful. Tait was bowling at max 142-144, so I'm guessing Taskin and Rubel both clocked 140+ several times.

tanvir_nus
February 15, 2013, 03:33 AM
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1655554&postcount=145

Here's my 2 cents worth. Would love to think what Ian Pont thinks of Taskin.

jeesh
February 15, 2013, 03:38 AM
What is it with this speed gun? Everybody's speed seems slower.

Nadim
February 15, 2013, 04:01 AM
Anyone has a fair estimate of his pace because the BPL speed gun ain't right

135-140kph
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Shaan
February 15, 2013, 04:52 AM
First Impression the guy looks very well built with smooth action, to me looks like he is one of the future.

shuziburo
February 15, 2013, 08:50 AM
He has a good build, can bowl fast, and has an idea about how to bowl, unlike the likes of Abul. Please BCB, don't ruin another pace prospect.

BengaliPagol
February 15, 2013, 06:16 PM
Still can't believe that this guy is 17. He showed a lot of maturity when he was bowling.

al Furqaan
February 15, 2013, 11:02 PM
^He's 19 according to this facebook, and I think that is more reliable than cricinfo which is his passport/birth certificate age.

Max100
February 16, 2013, 08:38 AM
Highly impressed. Taskin and sajidul should be under consideration

Habib
February 16, 2013, 08:51 AM
A talent like Taskin needs to be protected and nurtured. BCB nees to make sure he stays injury free. Taskin is already ahead of the likes of Abul and Shahadat in my book.

Ajfar
February 16, 2013, 09:49 AM
I'm glad he finally got a chance to play and he is making important contribution to the team. He just guaranteed himself a much bigger contract for next season with that 4 wicket haul today. Good for him!

shuziburo
February 16, 2013, 10:42 AM
What hostile bowling!

hoodlum
February 16, 2013, 10:45 AM
What hostile bowling!

Its so pleasing to see a fast bowler breaking the backbone of the opposition team. Its more pleasing to see if that bowler is from Bangladesh and that too a 17 year old aggressive guy!

shuziburo
February 16, 2013, 10:47 AM
Fast bowlers under 24 should protected from overuse. Growing body can break down easily. They should learn from Mash's saga.

crikss
February 16, 2013, 10:51 AM
If Aussies got Pat Cummins then we got Taskin

hoodlum
February 16, 2013, 10:52 AM

:up: :flag:

series
February 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
MashAllah, he works out good pace and bounce!

MohammedC
February 16, 2013, 11:05 AM

But Aussies know how to look after their Pat Cummins whereas we don't know what to do with Taz.

riajul
February 16, 2013, 11:15 AM
Really happy with his performance so far.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

AMD128
February 16, 2013, 11:57 AM

Yeah right. The only difference? Cummins bowl at 137-142 Kph. And Taskin struggles to reach 133 k's even by grunting. BUt hey he is still young. With some proper guidance & fitness training he can increase his pace.

hoodlum
February 16, 2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah right. The only difference? Cummins bowl at 137-142 Kph. And Taskin struggles to reach 133 k's even by grunting. BUt hey he is still young. With some proper guidance & fitness training he can increase his pace.

Bangladesher speedgun r Australian/South African speedgun er modhhe akashpatal difference. Oishob deshe jeye Onek bowler onek pace e kore.Amader deshe thik ulta.Shaun tait ki always 140 te korse ekhane?So agey dekhen Taskin oishob jaigai jeye koto jorey kore den grunt kore 133kph tulte pare na etc eshob boilen.

shuziburo
February 16, 2013, 12:50 PM

He has been quite effective at this pace. I personally believe that it is important for the young pace bowlers to be taught to bowl fast and with accuracy. They may not put everything together in the beginning. (Their fastest deliveries may be wayward and their accurate balls may lack pace.) But, if they are taught both skills, they can eventually put it all together. Steyn did not become Steyn in a day.

al Furqaan
February 16, 2013, 02:04 PM

Who said Taskin grunts, I didn't hear anything, did you?

BengaliPagol
February 16, 2013, 08:31 PM
But Aussies know how to look after their Pat Cummins whereas we don't know what to do with Taz.

But Pat Cummins has been injured for 4 months now...

Rifat_02
March 23, 2013, 12:59 PM
This kid cant do any worse than the utter rubbish that was on display today, I wonder how long it will take for him to get into the Bangladesh team :up:

oronnya
March 23, 2013, 01:07 PM
Don't bring him in now please. His career will be over. The boy is already dealing with injuries. Let him take care of himself and play more at the domestic level. One good BPL doesn't confirm he will survive at the international level. Rubel, Safi, SRK all were talented when they started their career but see where they are now.

Rifat_02
March 23, 2013, 01:09 PM
Don't bring him in now please. His career will be over. The boy is already dealing with injuries. Let him take care of himself and play more at the domestic level. One good BPL doesn't confirm he will survive at the international level. Rubel, Safi, SRK all were talented when they started their career but see where they are now.

The Abuls, Rubels, Safi, SRK cant even have 'one good BPL' if their life depended upon it

Rabz
March 23, 2013, 01:11 PM
Here we go again....

shakibrulz
March 23, 2013, 01:12 PM
The Abuls, Rubels, Safi, SRK cant even have 'one good BPL' if their life depended upon it
Shafi has actually improved quite a bit, while Rubel has been on a free fall. Not sure why Abul's in the team for.

Night_wolf
March 23, 2013, 02:39 PM

while i agree taskin needs more time (not to develop his cricketing skills but to develop his body) but please..Ru-bal and Shafiul was talented when they were drafted in the national team?..IMHO only SRK had something about him when he was drafted in, Rubel only had pace, no control no swing whatsoever, and safiul had nothing, a big fat 0

though Rubel's injury has hampered him a lot..he was one of the best bangladeshi ODI bowlers of 2011, that injury in BPL 2012 really halted his progress..but he is a professional cricketer..coming back from injuries are hard, but if he can't come back why the blue hell is he playing..he should look at mashrafi

BengaliPagol
March 23, 2013, 05:53 PM
time to unleash this bad boy.

Gowza
March 23, 2013, 06:30 PM
while i agree taskin needs more time (not to develop his cricketing skills but to develop his body) but please..Ru-bal and Shafiul was talented when they were drafted in the national team?..IMHO only SRK had something about him when he was drafted in, Rubel only had pace, no control no swing whatsoever, and safiul had nothing, a big fat 0

though Rubel's injury has hampered him a lot..he was one of the best bangladeshi ODI bowlers of 2011, that injury in BPL 2012 really halted his progress..but he is a professional cricketer..coming back from injuries are hard, but if he can't come back why the blue hell is he playing..he should look at mashrafi

twas my understanding that when rubel first entered the national team he could reverse it...rubel was just raw, he had pace but he could also reverse and bowl decent yorkers. he's got a ODI average in the 33s after 39 matches, pretty sure before his injury it was in the 32s, so he's been quite decent and a lot better than quite a few other BD bowlers. i mean 32 isn't a great average but it is still ok on a global scale.

Roey Haque
March 24, 2013, 11:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95NrLPMKde4

Roey Haque
March 25, 2013, 12:02 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/95NrLPMKde4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/95NrLPMKde4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Gowza
March 25, 2013, 12:23 AM
lots of fast bowlers can bowl a one-off ripper, need to be able to do it consistently. taskin has huge talent, but has he out performed everyone to earn a spot in the national squad? of course i'd choose him over shahadat and abul, i'd still give rubel his place and there are other pacers with better more consistent performances than taskin who haven't been tried yet.

Roey Haque
March 25, 2013, 12:40 AM
lots of fast bowlers can bowl a one-off ripper, need to be able to do it consistently. taskin has huge talent, but has he out performed everyone to earn a spot in the national squad? of course i'd choose him over shahadat and abul, i'd still give rubel his place and there are other pacers with better more consistent performances than taskin who haven't been tried yet.

I agree. This wasn't related to the ongoing series. Just thought I would share.

al-Sagar
March 25, 2013, 01:59 AM
chele ta mone hocche zimbabwe sofor e chance peye jabe and kapay dibe

ReZ_1
March 25, 2013, 02:01 AM
I read in PA he have a slight injury in knee, otherwise he would have get the chance in srilanka...

mufi_02
March 25, 2013, 08:44 AM
^^[বাংলা] কাঁধে অস্ত্রোপচারের ধাক্কা সামলে রুবেল হোসেন মাঠে ফিরেছেন খুব বেশি দিন হয়নি। কাল টিম হোটেলে লাঞ্চ করতে করতে বলছিলেন, ‘আল্লাহর কাছে হাজার শোকর যে আবার মাঠে ফিরতে পেরেছি। বাংলাদেশে এর আগে নাকি কেউ কাঁধে অপারেশন করানোর পর ফিরতে পারেনি।’....................‘ক ী যে হলো! পেসারদের সবার ইনজুরি। মাশরাফি ভাই, সুহাস (শফিউল), নাজমুল ভাইও এসে চলে গেলেন। তাসকিনেরও হাঁটুতে সমস্যা।’
[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]ওয়ানডে সিরিজে খেলুন না-খেলুন, দলের সঙ্গে থাকার অভিজ্ঞতাটা তাসকিন আহমেদকে উপহার দেওয়ার একটা চিন্তা নাকি ছিল নির্বাচকদের। এই সফরের জন্য নির্বাচকদের চিন্তায় যতজন ছিলেন, তাঁদের মধ্যে তাসকিনই তাহলে শুধু বাদ থাকলেন। সম্ভাব্য বাকি সবাইকেই বোধ হয় শ্রীলঙ্কায় খেলানো হয়ে গেল! [/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-03-25/news/339410