PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BengaliPagol
April 5, 2013, 06:45 PM
Secrets are like water when it comes to bridges

cricket_king
April 5, 2013, 08:52 PM
I don't think we need any secrets to ambush Zim or whatever. Their batting is so weak and vulnerable to spin which coincidentally is our strength. The only way we can lose is 1. panicking and giving up our wickets as gifts 2. captain and bowler's going blank if attacked by the Zim batsman. Even then if we manage to lose a games and few, shame on us.

Yeah that totally worked last tour. I don't know if some of you over-confident bunch have noticed, but this tour is being played in Zimbabwe, not Bangladesh. We're expected to win, but we're not the kind of team that's going to walk all over an opposition on their home grounds. Even Afghanistan would give us a run for our money if we played there.

kalpurush
April 5, 2013, 10:16 PM
Asif, we don't have even any half decent pacer whom we are leaving behind. At least SRK is fit and his record in Test on bouncy wickets aren't that bad. He even has managed to put his name on Lords honours board.
Shahadat would be a motivated man and could surely capitalize HER inspiration...
cricket is a funny game after all! :)

All the best for the groom!

Avik
April 5, 2013, 11:41 PM
sharapova is our secret weapon, weapon for ZImbabwe. he will open the bowling and bowl 4-5 overs, giving out 10+ every over. by the time he is off the attack, momentum is with Zimbabwe, the added edge they need.

the end.

al Furqaan
April 6, 2013, 12:15 AM
Until and unless our media reports the same, I would remain skeptical about us voluntarily refusing a tour match. Get batting practice and if you think Gazi is that unknown - he's already played 4 Tests and 7 ODIs - then just bench him for the tour match.

I think the ZC is just continuing their poor hosting and pulled a "BCCI" on us by refusing a tour match, or perhaps they couldn't afford to host one, although tour matches ought to be cheap so its prolly the former. This is the same board that unilaterally changed the itinerary to suit them - which they have all rights to do, btw - and the same board that we had accomodations issues with previously.

WarWolf
April 6, 2013, 02:19 AM
If Shahadat gets picked, I'll be a poor man because all the furniture in my home will be shattered to pieces. There's gotta be a limit to the amount of frustration these selectors can cause.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Do you still have your furnitures intact?
Are they flying all over the place?

WarWolf
April 6, 2013, 03:49 AM
sharapova is our secret weapon, weapon for ZImbabwe. he will open the bowling and bowl 4-5 overs, giving out 10+ every over. by the time he is off the attack, momentum is with Zimbabwe, the added edge they need.

the end.
Top post!

BANFAN
April 6, 2013, 11:41 AM
http://www.theindependent.co.zw/2013/04/05/bangladesh-plan-ambush/

This is just crazy ... Zim did it in their conditions...how can you again do that in their conditions and give them the same advantage..? BCB is really un imaginable kind of Morons...

Dilscoop
April 6, 2013, 01:09 PM
Would love to know the person who does the negotiations for BD.

Hasan2k8
April 6, 2013, 01:47 PM
Think, it's a good move bringing a left arm pacer, there's too many right armers in BD national team. Mix it up a bit. Sajidul Islam bowled superb in one of the Bpl match he played for Sylhet Royals. He seemed a type of bowler who is willing to do the basics right in terms of bowling.

Looking forward to seeing him bowl at test.

Goodluck Sajidul Islam!

Jadukor
April 6, 2013, 02:32 PM
Think, it's a good move bringing a left arm pacer

I wish the thinking behind the selection was really that sophisticated

cricbook
April 6, 2013, 11:14 PM
Think, it's a good move bringing a left arm pacer, there's too many right armers in BD national team. Mix it up a bit. Sajidul Islam bowled superb in one of the Bpl match he played for Sylhet Royals. He seemed a type of bowler who is willing to do the basics right in terms of bowling.

Looking forward to seeing him bowl at test.

Goodluck Sajidul Islam!

I agree with u.... Atleast hes better choice than shahadat vhua... So i think its a good squad.. N also rubel always threat to minnow like zim, ire, netherland.. So its a good move from bcb.

athik
April 7, 2013, 11:54 AM
Tamim is not going to play 1st test per PA!

Mash might play test, depends if he fully recovers from injury or not.

-
Against weaker teams like zimbabwe, we can surely experiment. especially if players like tamim, sakib and mash are coming back from injury. We should be able to beat zim without them and inshallah they will have fully recovered and rested for the future

Moh899
April 7, 2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/628595.html

oh god! this is the 3rd team that wants to boycott a series against us.

AbuDarda
April 7, 2013, 12:06 PM

HA HA HA,amra hoilam kufa team! jaikhanai jai akta vojoghoto lagai dai.

Moh899
April 7, 2013, 12:19 PM

lmfao :lol::floor:

roman
April 7, 2013, 12:20 PM

LOL.. Not Again Please

al Furqaan
April 7, 2013, 01:03 PM

LMAO. Feel bad for ZIM cricketers, but this is getting painfully predictive. I can imagine that even Indian players will all of a sudden feel vastly underpaid 2 weeks before their next tour of Bangladesh.

Although the article here seems to indicate players will only boycott warm up matches and/or training. A few of the lesser known ZIM first team (Waller, Ervine) might skip a series with Bangladesh, but seems their top guys have too much to lose, while they tacitly support the boycotting players.

Dilscoop
April 7, 2013, 01:38 PM
@ ZCB, karma is a bitch. You declined or I should say took advantage of our dumbass board by not giving us a WU match. LOL now what!

MohammedC
April 7, 2013, 02:03 PM
@ ZCB, karma is a bitch. You declined or I should say took advantage of our dumbass board by not giving us a WU match. LOL now what!

Last time they made it very difficult for us to have WU match. Now they are gagging for it. I say let them gag till they choke.

Rabz
April 7, 2013, 02:29 PM
All things indicates for a great Bangladesh series :D
Last two times this happened, we did exceedingly well.

Tiger444
April 7, 2013, 02:34 PM
I expect this to be just a threat and nothing more. That being said, their morale will be down and we have to take advantage. No excuses

BANFAN
April 7, 2013, 05:30 PM

They feel comfortable doing hartals during our visits. As they see it a regular culture in our country and they are sure we won't mind if they do....we will understand them better than others...

It's good for us as well. We give hartal a "Prtishthatik Roop" Let the culture spread over the world :lol:

meazz1
April 7, 2013, 06:31 PM
So, if India wants to play us, it would mean Ind players are in the middle of contract negotiation with BCCI.

MohammedC
April 7, 2013, 07:11 PM
So, if India wants to play us, it would mean Ind players are in the middle of contract negotiation with BCCI.

That won't happen.

M.H.Rubel
April 7, 2013, 07:14 PM

I can not hold laughing.
LOL

Zunaid
April 7, 2013, 07:31 PM
The force is strong with us.

Tigers_eye
April 7, 2013, 09:37 PM
So what is after this tour? I know Ramadan is coming and it is summer. Who are we playing next and when? @ NZ?

al Furqaan
April 7, 2013, 11:27 PM
So what is after this tour? I know Ramadan is coming and it is summer. Who are we playing next and when? @ NZ?

vs NZ, not @.

We should line up some matches Afghanistan and Ireland. A triangular ODI series or something. A few 4-dayers against our A and Academy sides would also be good. Also try to get more matches against top sides. NZ series should be stretched to 3 Tests and 5 ODIs.

Lets see if BCB can get us some more fixtures.

simon
April 8, 2013, 03:57 AM
atleast this time we are yet to take the plane.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

zimfan
April 8, 2013, 09:42 AM
Really bad things happening at Zim cricket at the moment, from what i understand and couple of players have left for the UK (Convetry is one of them).

However it looks like there will be a team to take on Bangladesh but it will deffo not be full strength.

One step forwards to steps back, thats Zim cricket for you

mufi_02
April 8, 2013, 09:52 AM
Really bad things happening at Zim cricket at the moment, from what i understand and couple of players have left for the UK (Convetry is one of them).

However it looks like there will be a team to take on Bangladesh but it will deffo not be full strength.

One step forwards to steps back, thats Zim cricket for you

welcome back! so you think it will be a Zim B team?

AsifTheManRahman
April 8, 2013, 09:57 AM
This is bull crap. Just send our U-19 team. If they can't field their full squad, they should just cancel the series instead of disrespecting us by playing their B team.

Dilscoop
April 8, 2013, 10:50 AM
BCB should just cancel the tour so we don't have another WI tour situation ... Funny how people looked at us funny for playing that series, as if it was our fault

AsifTheManRahman
April 8, 2013, 11:16 AM
The BCB may as well let Shakib and Tamim go play in the IPL.

RazabQ
April 8, 2013, 12:10 PM
I disagree. Shakib and Tamim should play Tests and maximize their opportunities. You play the opposition given in front of you and rack up the runs, wickets and points.

zimfan
April 8, 2013, 12:42 PM
Update is that apart from Sean Williams and Craig Ervine, the players have indicated that they will accept the new contracts.

Not the best preperation for an important series.

Dilscoop
April 8, 2013, 12:58 PM
Nothing but banglawash in all formats.

al Furqaan
April 8, 2013, 02:10 PM
The BCB may as well let Shakib and Tamim go play in the IPL.

I disagree. Shakib and Tamim should play Tests and maximize their opportunities. You play the opposition given in front of you and rack up the runs, wickets and points.

Wouldn't Murali only have like 400 wickets if he skipped every tour vs BD and ZIM?

al Furqaan
April 8, 2013, 02:12 PM
Update is that apart from Sean Williams and Craig Ervine, the players have indicated that they will accept the new contracts.

Welcome back, ZF! Are you Zimfan1 on the ZCF forum (I'm Kriterion, btw)?

So no chance of Williams and Ervine? They are two of the more talented guys in the ZIM side. Pity.

Shehwar
April 8, 2013, 03:52 PM
Anyone knows who will broadcast this in the UK?

mufi_02
April 8, 2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone knows who will broadcast this in the UK?

Machranga will broadcast in BD. I am not sure if its available in UK.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-04-08/news/343392

Shehwar
April 8, 2013, 04:46 PM
Looks like Zee Cinema will be covering the series in UK.

MohammedC
April 8, 2013, 05:00 PM
Looks like Zee Cinema will be covering the series in UK.

Dont say looks like. Please say definitely.

MohammedC
April 8, 2013, 05:01 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBdW72Ne3W0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shehwar
April 8, 2013, 05:14 PM
Dont say looks like. Please say definitely.

Definitely! :)

al Furqaan
April 8, 2013, 05:38 PM
Machranga will broadcast in BD. I am not sure if its available in UK.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-04-08/news/343392

Maasranga broadcasted SL series also, but it wasn't on the US feed. Any idea if US maasranga viewers will get it this time?

al Furqaan
April 8, 2013, 05:44 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBdW72Ne3W0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just like in SL, Sir has a decent record at the HSC.

4 innings, 210 runs, 52.50 avg

MohammedC
April 8, 2013, 06:12 PM
Definitely! :)

OK then confirmed.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24440_559371050769278_1224638955_n.jpg

al-Sagar
April 9, 2013, 02:58 AM

welcome back zimfan .....

so how is ur teams prepz .....

what do u think of ur team ??? how much have u progressed since the last time u met ???

what do u think of ur chances this time around ???

at ur conditions it could be difficult for us.

al-Sagar
April 9, 2013, 03:00 AM
Just like in SL, Sir has a decent record at the HSC.

4 innings, 210 runs, 52.50 avg

ebar kee stat ta double korte parbe with a double century ???

MohammedC
April 9, 2013, 03:04 AM
ebar kee stat ta double korte parbe with a double century ???

Triple century korbe....InshAllah.

Maysun
April 9, 2013, 03:08 AM
I want 2 centuries, 1 double century, 1 triple century, 2 5-wicket hauls, 1 10-wicket haul and 1 innings victory!

MohammedC
April 9, 2013, 03:12 AM
I want 2 centuries, 1 double century, 1 triple century, 2 5-wicket hauls, 1 10-wicket haul and 1 innings victory!

I want them steam rolled. Once the series finished they should beg ICC for another break from Test cricket.

Yameen
April 9, 2013, 03:32 AM
OK then confirmed.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24440_559371050769278_1224638955_n.jpg

My possible subscription with Zee cinema hangs on whether the Zimbabwe players go on strike or not so going to wait a couple more days

MohammedC
April 9, 2013, 03:44 AM
My possible subscription with Zee cinema hangs on whether the Zimbabwe players go on strike or not so going to wait a couple more days

When did you take your subscription. You know its 2 month minimum contract. I took mine on 15th of March. I told them I want it for minimum contract, I was told I have to call them no later then 15th of April and my Subscription will end on 15th of May midnight. If I call them 1 minute late then I will have to pay for another month.

Yameen
April 9, 2013, 03:51 AM
When did you take your subscription. You know its 2 month minimum contract. I took mine on 15th of March. I told them I want it for minimum contract, I was told I have to call them no later then 15th of April and my Subscription will end on 15th of May midnight. If I call them 1 minute late then I will have to pay for another month.

Apologies for the lack of clarity in my post. I haven't actually subscribed yet as I am still pondering it with a close eye on the movements going on within the Zimbabwe players union. Hopefully we will get a clearer picture of this by this week.

MohammedC
April 9, 2013, 04:00 AM
Apologies for the lack of clarity in my post. I haven't actually subscribed yet as I am still pondering it with a close eye on the movements going on within the Zimbabwe players union. Hopefully we will get a clearer picture of this by this week.

It takes only few minutes to connect.

M.H.Rubel
April 9, 2013, 10:41 AM
Triple century korbe....InshAllah.

Shipon Vai,is Ash your favourite player in the team?

Nadim
April 9, 2013, 10:44 AM
Shunlam bcb naki ROK ke dole nibe phast bowler hisebe?

kalpurush
April 9, 2013, 11:01 AM
Are you trying to say ROK>SRK?

M.H.Rubel
April 9, 2013, 11:10 AM

Rock as a phast bowler?
Sorry I have failed to understand the humour!!!

AsifTheManRahman
April 9, 2013, 11:15 AM
Rock as a phast bowler?
Sorry I have failed to understand the humour!!!
Well, why not?

This is how bus drivers are hired in Bangladesh:

Owner: Ki re, parbi?
16 year old who doesn't have a license and has never touched a steering in his life: Hau parum

Recently, that's how Akram chacha has been selecting our pacers too.

So why not Rocky? All he has to do is say, "hau parum".

al Furqaan
April 9, 2013, 12:30 PM
ZIM players are back, except for Ervine, Williams, and Raza.

Williams and Raza are still negotiating with the ZC.

SS
April 9, 2013, 02:19 PM
Well, why not?

This is how bus drivers are hired in Bangladesh:

Owner: Ki re, parbi?
16 year old who doesn't have a license and has never touched a steering in his life: Hau parum

Recently, that's how Akram chacha has been selecting our pacers too.

So why not Rocky? All he has to do is say, "hau parum".

Rok the jack of all trades ... Sir hold on to your sit tight

MohammedC
April 9, 2013, 02:22 PM
amar shathe fazlami koro. :mad: :fire: lagaia dimu.

Roni_uk
April 9, 2013, 08:11 PM

and I want some fries with that and an apple pie if they are hot!

al-Sagar
April 9, 2013, 09:29 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2013/2013_04_10/content_zoom/2013_04_10_14_1_b.jpg

ReZ_1
April 10, 2013, 01:41 AM
^^ Shahara raag korbe to.:ohno:. tar dewa jama kapor pore practice e name nai:wow:

Nooo! i didn't mean to be her...:facepalm:
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t417/rezrockz/url-6.jpg

MohammedC
April 10, 2013, 10:09 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpmamFYg7YE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mufi_02
April 10, 2013, 10:24 AM
Boycott averted after eight players sign
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/628969.html

But this part was interesting

Ervine, who has played four Tests since Zimbabwe made their Test comeback in 2011, has not made the reason for his decision public, but a source close to the players told ESPNcricinfo that the money offered by ZC amounted to only US$100 a week. He is likely to earn at least double that overseas.

$100/week!!!

MohammedC
April 10, 2013, 10:30 AM

$100/week!!!

Dont blame him. He can make more money sweeping streets in UK

roman
April 10, 2013, 10:34 AM
$100/week?? That low? I give that much to my wife for sitting at home and doing nothing. I feel for them

Tiger444
April 10, 2013, 10:36 AM
The way Zimbabwe is going, I won't be surprised to see if they end up having to give up the Test status and make way for Ireland. I hope I'm wrong but with the way it's going, it just doesn't look good.

Dilscoop
April 10, 2013, 11:34 AM
^^ Shahara raag korbe to.:ohno:. tar dewa jama kapor pore practice e name nai:wow:
I don't think our players know how these things work. I saw Shak with his KKR pants, his DG pands, plus some other non BD stuff on a recent pic.

zsayeed
April 10, 2013, 11:45 AM
$100/week!!!

I was shocked to see BD has higher per-capita (PPP) then Zim : $1909 vs $480. That is about quadruple! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh

(something looks awry)

MohammedC
April 10, 2013, 01:18 PM

Nooo! i didn't mean to be her...:facepalm:
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t417/rezrockz/url-6.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483538_550121848366235_1787947424_n.jpg

simon
April 10, 2013, 01:50 PM
I don't think our players know how these things work. I saw Shak with his KKR pants, his DG pands, plus some other non BD stuff on a recent pic.

shuno miya, there is no compromise when it comes to freeballin.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

cricbook
April 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
Well zim players will make money... Most of them r playing bpl... Where they make fair enough. Next bpl players like chicimbura, masakadza, taylor, s ervin, williams... Etc they all will hit more than $50,000... So nothing to worry... If u play well, honey near to u.... Just u hav to know how to lick it... So i think, they will be fine.

zimfan
April 10, 2013, 03:08 PM
welcome back zimfan .....

so how is ur teams prepz .....

what do u think of ur team ??? how much have u progressed since the last time u met ???

what do u think of ur chances this time around ???

at ur conditions it could be difficult for us.

I think it will be a close series, Jarvis will be the key for us on wickets which will deffo be seamer friendly.

However there is discontent within the squad which may play into Bangladesh's hands

al-Sagar
April 10, 2013, 09:42 PM
Teletalk Bangladesh is title Sponsor this time .....

i am planning to buy a teletalk 3g modem during the ZIM series

ReZ_1
April 10, 2013, 10:16 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483538_550121848366235_1787947424_n.jpg

Via apni ki bujhaite chassen ai chobi dia:-/ amake to chintay felay dilen.:waiting:
now don't say she won the wimblendon cup against serena,:ohno:

See looks like the same trophy...:D
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t417/rezrockz/url-7.jpg
(sorry for the off-topic....)

cricket_king
April 10, 2013, 11:33 PM

$100/week!!!

Yeah that's genuinely saddening. Just not fair. These guys want to play for their country but are payed squat.

al Furqaan
April 11, 2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah that's genuinely saddening. Just not fair. These guys want to play for their country but are payed squat.

The thing is, even in Bangladesh we only expanded our central contracts this year. Before that we didn't have players with contracts outside the central core group of players. At least ZIM players were getting these winter contracts. $100 a week isn't bad compared with their GDP.

That being said, ZC are a terrible administration, and if they keep losing players there is not much reason for them to have Test status. Ballance, Ervine Sr, Ervine, Taibu are all defectors with Williams possibly to join.

BANFAN
April 11, 2013, 07:41 AM
I think it will be a close series, Jarvis will be the key for us on wickets which will deffo be seamer friendly.

However there is discontent within the squad which may play into Bangladesh's hands

Don't take guard ... :lol: You will lose with your best team too, and they have been offered a contract and they accepted happily. So, I don't see any discontent...

We have Shahadat to use the seamer friendly conditions... Don't forget his 5 wickets against Eng in Lords.. Seamer friendly conditions ...;)

MohammedC
April 11, 2013, 08:08 AM
Via apni ki bujhaite chassen ai chobi dia:-/ amake to chintay felay dilen.:waiting:
now don't say she won the wimblendon cup against serena,:ohno:

Tumi e prothome Sahara buai er photo dila, aar ek din jaite na jaite uni title sponsor er Cup hate nia amader shamne hazir.

Tumi vhoy pao ken , vhoy toh pawar kota amader.

allursolve
April 11, 2013, 08:25 AM
This is good. We need more real cricket.
আমরা খেলব,জয়ের জন্য খেলব । নিজেদের শতভাগ দিয়ে অন্যদের সাথে ফাইট দিব । এরপরও যদি পরাজিত হই তবে কোন আফসোস না কারণ আমরা নিজেদের শতভাগ দিয়ে খেলেছি । আর দিনশেষে এটা নিতান্তই খেলা । আশা করি এই সিরিজে বাংলাদেশ জিম্বাবুয়ের বিরুদ্ধে অনেক ভালো করবে । কোন টার্গেট দিচ্ছি না, ম্যাচ বাই ম্যাচ চিন্তা করাটায় উত্তম । আমার দৃষ্টিতে সমস্যা হচ্ছে পেসার নিয়ে, এ সেকশনটাতে আমরা অনেক পিছিয়ে, এটা নিয়ে কাজ করা উচিৎ, পাইপলানে ভালো পেসার দরকার ।
[এই ফোরামে প্রথম লিখলাম - Thanks All]

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2013, 09:09 AM
allursolve bhai/apa/in-between, welcome to BanglaCricket.com, where dreams come true as long as you stay away from the Bangladesh cricket team. Apni lekhun, aro beshi kore likhun. Dekhun, bujhun ebong likhun. Apnar lekhar jholshani te alokito, pulokito korun amader, apnar kolomer ognishikhay jholshe din Akram chachar kacha murgir thyang ta ke, jeno tini aro beshi fried chicken khete paren ebong aro beshi Abul dhukate paren dol e. Apnar angul er norom komol chowa porom shohage buliye din kebol 100 (on the dot) kore out howe shaaj ghore firey asha Nasir kingba Ashraful er mathay.

bujhee kom
April 11, 2013, 09:23 AM
আমরা খেলব,জয়ের জন্য খেলব । নিজেদের শতভাগ দিয়ে অন্যদের সাথে ফাইট দিব । এরপরও যদি পরাজিত হই তবে কোন আফসোস না কারণ আমরা নিজেদের শতভাগ দিয়ে খেলেছি । আর দিনশেষে এটা নিতান্তই খেলা । আশা করি এই সিরিজে বাংলাদেশ জিম্বাবুয়ের বিরুদ্ধে অনেক ভালো করবে । কোন টার্গেট দিচ্ছি না, ম্যাচ বাই ম্যাচ চিন্তা করাটায় উত্তম । আমার দৃষ্টিতে সমস্যা হচ্ছে পেসার নিয়ে, এ সেকশনটাতে আমরা অনেক পিছিয়ে, এটা নিয়ে কাজ করা উচিৎ, পাইপলানে ভালো পেসার দরকার ।

allursolve bhai/apa/in-between, welcome to BanglaCricket.com, where dreams come true as long as you stay away from the Bangladesh cricket team. Apni lekhun, aro beshi kore likhun. Dekhun, bujhun ebong likhun. Apnar lekhar jholshani te alokito, pulokito korun amader, apnar kolomer ognishikhay jholshe din Akram chachar kacha murgir thyang ta ke, jeno tini aro beshi fried chicken khete paren ebong aro beshi Abul dhukate paren dol e. Apnar angul er norom komol chowa porom shohage buliye din kebol 100 (on the dot) kore out howe shaaj ghore firey asha Nasir kingba Ashraful er mathay.

Ji AllurSolve bhaijaan, ami Asif-er sathey sompurno ekmot...welcome to BC - aka Banglar Cricket Spirit....apnar agomon maney Banglaar cricket grounds Aloo tey bhorey jaak, aloo chara cricket khela hotey parey naa..amader dorkaar provisions, food supply, starch, carb and that, you are the symbol of all Aloos/Potatoes! Apnakey janai shosroddho salaam!

Allursolve bahi will sove all the "Potatoe Problems" in our lives, Inshallah! Someone has "Potatoe Problem"..eitar maney ki re bhais?

MohammedC
April 11, 2013, 09:26 AM

Ji bhai apnar post ei prothom porlam. Kintu apne jare quote korsen ebong shathe je title disen. Ei connection tay kichu vhoy paisi. :ohno:

Nadim
April 11, 2013, 09:30 AM
Nah Rok ke r dole neowa holo na phast bowler hisabe. O naki SRK er moto aggressive bowling pare na Tai Akram chaccu oke na bole diyeche...:(

ReZ_1
April 11, 2013, 09:31 AM
[এই ফোরামে প্রথম লিখলাম - thanks all]

স্বাগতম আপনাকে আপনার গুরুত্বপূর্ণ মতামত দেয়ার জন্য। আপনার কি মনে হয় বাংলা ওয়াশ সম্ভব জিম্বাবুয়েনদের বিপক্ষে?

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2013, 09:35 AM

Ji AllurSolve bhaijaan, ami Asif-er shathey ekmot...welcome to BC - aka Banglar Cricket Spirit....apnar agomon maney Banglaar cricket-e Aloo tey bhorey jaak, allo chara cricket khela hotey parey naa..aamder dorkaar provision, food supply, starch, carb and that, you are the symbol of all Aloos/Potatoes! Apnakey janai shosroddho salaam!

Allursolve bahi will sove all the "Potatoe Problems" in our lives, Inshallah! Someone has "Potatoe Problem"..eitar maney ki re bhais?

Ji Aloo bhai, ami amader bujhee_kom orfe BK orfe BurgerKing orfe Javed pagla bhai er shathe ekmot. Apnar graamer barir uthan er aloor khet theke tule ana injection mukto tortaja aloo diye shasthoshommoto ekta french fry othoba Canadian poutine ranna koren, ja kheye naki amader prodhan nirbachok Akram chacha emon abegapluto howe jaben je tini aro beshi kore Mofeez dhukaben dol e. Shei Aloor fry er jhaajh e Tamim er golakar bhurikhana shirt er chidro chire beriye eshe hobe aro unmukto, kholamela. Apnar aloo kheye Tamim er shei unmukto bhuri shadhin Banglar batash e dulbe, ebong single er bhoye Tamim aro beshi kore chaar/chokka marbe.

Apni likhun Aloor love bhai, aloo ke bhalobashun ebong beshi kore likhun.

ReZ_1
April 11, 2013, 09:39 AM

vaijan, apni vul interpret kortesen. All+ur+solve= he can solve all o/ur problems... potato ailo kottheke?
bd cricket related kono puzzle thakle bolen, solve hoye jabe inshallah...
To allursolve vai--1st puzzle- shahadat yorker marte jaye ta bouncer hoye jay kemne(according to him dew factor, but spinners could ball well)?

shuziburo
April 11, 2013, 11:06 AM
Need two things to happen. If they do, we'll be more than fine.

1. Our pacers need to give a modicum of support to our spinners on pace-friendly wickets.
2. Our batsmen need to play the ZIM pacers with caution.

al-Sagar
April 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
khela shuru hote aar koydin ????

bujhee kom
April 11, 2013, 11:38 AM
vaijan, apni vul interpret kortesen. All+ur+solve= he can solve all o/ur problems... potato ailo kottheke?
bd cricket related kono puzzle thakle bolen, solve hoye jabe inshallah...
To allursolve vai--1st puzzle- shahadat yorker marte jaye ta bouncer hoye jay kemne(according to him dew factor, but spinners could ball well)?

Areey hahaha.. rez-1 bhaiyar ki "Potatoe Problem" achey money hoi.....hahaha! Ami tow bhebechilum Allursolve bhai khub Aloor Dom bhalobasen...amio Aloor dom khetum, chotpoti-tey extra Aloo, Diim-er shathey aloo, Goshter shathey aloo, Aloo bhaji, ATMR-er moton Aloo Fries khub khetaam....kintoo taar shathey beyaam o kortey hobey! Blah bhai-key dekhun - 5 mile douriye hapiye jaan! Tigers Eye dada + Shuziburo da tow 2 flights shiri bhangtei extra Oxygen-er dorkaar hoi!!

Allursolve bhaiya, please do not be hurt, insulted or irritated by these posts, we all enjoyed your presence almost instantly, it was truly fun reading your post! :big_hug:

bujhee kom
April 11, 2013, 11:47 AM

Haa khela suru kokhon..khela suru kokhon..ekhon lafacchen..porey khela suru holey, jokhon hartey thakbo, tokhon tow naak/gaal/chokh bhijiye bie barir Bou-er moton hau mau korey kandben miah!

Bie barir bou dekhsen, ekdikey bia korar shokh, abar biar piri-tey boshley, amma-go, abbu-go boiley kanna-kati scene create korar kono maney hoi naa...amra jara othithi ashi, boshe achi, kokhon khabar poribeshon korbey, amra roast pabo ki pabo naa ei dushchintai bhugtesi + goromey matha jhim jhim kortesey, eishob kanna kati dekhey shomoi noshto korar moton shomai nai...!

Dear Mod bhais, please do not be upset with me for writing off-topic craaps, just trying to share with you all whatever comes out of my mind on the spot, that way also the overall environment gets a little lighter, I hope. Karon desher obostha khub kharap! Ebong aro kharp shomoi ashchey amader shamney. Still :flag: goes up. Chiro Unnoto Momo Shir!

shuziburo
April 11, 2013, 02:42 PM

[বাংলা]এক সপ্তাহ![/বাংলা]

ahnaf
April 11, 2013, 03:28 PM
Haa khela suru kokhon..khela suru kokhon..ekhon lafacchen..porey khela suru holey, jokhon hartey thakbo, tokhon tow naak/gaal/chokh bhijiye bie barir Bou-er moton hau mau korey kandben miah!

Bie barir bou dekhsen, ekdikey bia korar shokh, abar biar piri-tey boshley, amma-go, abbu-go boiley kanna-kati scene create korar kono maney hoi naa...amra jara othithi ashi, boshe achi, kokhon khabar poribeshon korbey, amra roast pabo ki pabo naa ei dushchintai bhugtesi + goromey matha jhim jhim kortesey, eishob kanna kati dekhey shomoi noshto korar moton shomai nai...!

Dear Mod bhais, please do not be upset with me for writing off-topic craaps, just trying to share with you all whatever comes out of my mind on the spot, that way also the overall environment gets a little lighter, I hope. Karon desher obostha khub kharap! Ebong aro kharp shomoi ashchey amader shamney. Still :flag: goes up. Chiro Unnoto Momo Shir!

lol..zaved bhai.. :floor:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al-Sagar
April 11, 2013, 11:29 PM
[বাংলা]এক সপ্তাহ![/বাংলা]

zimbabwe te 1 week boishe sudhu nets koraar kee maaane ???

ekta 2 ta practice match khela uchit chilo

ReZ_1
April 12, 2013, 12:30 AM
zimbabwe te 1 week boishe sudhu nets koraar kee maaane ???

ekta 2 ta practice match khela uchit chilo

Mushy said that last time in practice match they gave wicket and players who not worthy enough for practice. they just want to see out strategy of batting and bowling styles by giving us some cr@ps.. waste of time and energy.
Also we are injury prone... so better to get out of this before the match

al Furqaan
April 12, 2013, 12:37 AM
They still lost to those "unworthy" players. Mushy said the facilities weren't up to par and that they'd rather train. It might not be a bad thing, go in with confidence from SL series instead of a loss in a 3 day match.

Jadukor
April 12, 2013, 12:44 AM
amra jara othithi ashi, boshe achi, kokhon khabar poribeshon korbey, amra roast pabo ki pabo naa ei dushchintai bhugtesi + goromey matha jhim jhim kortesey, eishob kanna kati dekhey shomoi noshto korar moton shomai nai...!

Humayun Ahmed er theory kaaje lagaben BK bhai. Gune gune tin naambar chairtaa te boshlei shob shomosshar shomadhan... khashir rezala, polao er baati abong roast er peyala taa haat er kaasei rekhe jaabe waiter

Naimul_Hd
April 12, 2013, 01:12 AM
Tigers touch down in Zim

Bangladesh cricket team reached Zimbabwean capital Harare yesterday afternoon.

The Tigers took off from Dhaka on Wednesday evening for the southern African country to play two Tests, three one-day internationals and two T20 Internationals in Harare and Bulawayo on the month-long tour.
The first Test begins at Harare Sports Club on April 17.

http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/tigers-touch-down-in-zim/

ReZ_1
April 12, 2013, 01:16 AM
Humayun Ahmed er theory kaaje lagaben BK bhai. Gune gune tin naambar chairtaa te boshlei shob shomosshar shomadhan... khashir rezala, polao er baati abong roast er peyala taa haat er kaasei rekhe jaabe waiter

:lol: so true. jodio akhon ar ager din nai, sob micro bati system hoye gese... jar jar tar tar
biye te ghablush hablush kore khawar din sesh..:-|

mij
April 12, 2013, 06:17 AM
its there any warm up match?

ReZ_1
April 12, 2013, 06:45 AM
its there any warm up match?

No they will practice with themselves till the 1st test on 17th

shuziburo
April 12, 2013, 10:16 AM
No they will practice with themselves till the 1st test on 17th

Perhaps they can play some 7-a-side matches...

mufi_02
April 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
Perhaps they can play some 7-a-side matches...

But we have 15 players. So SRK can play as dudh-bhat for both sides.

SS
April 12, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hope our babies can take the blow from Zimb pacers and even spinners

Rinathq
April 13, 2013, 02:51 AM
http://www.icc-cricket.com/match_zone/umpire_appointments.php

Billy Bowden and Tony Hill to umpire the tests

one good and one one terrible....

MohammedC
April 13, 2013, 02:52 AM
http://www.icc-cricket.com/match_zone/umpire_appointments.php

Billy Bowden and Tony Hill to umpire the tests

one good and one one terrible....

Which one is terrible?

Rinathq
April 13, 2013, 02:53 AM
Which one is terrible?

Tony? remember England series?

MohammedC
April 13, 2013, 02:59 AM
Tony? remember England series?

That was not Tony Hill. It was an Australian umpire, forgot his name. BC-Nadim got in to trouble because of him.

Rod Tucker

Nocturnal
April 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
from- Daily Bangla - esamakal.net

http://www.esamakal.net/2013/04/13/images/10_101.jpg

Saifulsohel
April 13, 2013, 05:08 AM
That was not Tony Hill.
It was an Australian umpire, forgot his name. BC-Nadim got in to trouble
because of him.

Rod Tucker

both were there. hill & tucker.

wktkeeper
April 13, 2013, 05:19 AM
Ora ki nandos e khaite geche???

M.H.Rubel
April 13, 2013, 07:14 AM
But we have 15 players. So SRK can play as dudh-bhat for both sides.

LOL. All of us are angry with the man who whos name is printed at Lords honours board.

One World
April 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
10 and 20. Oh no. Show me 100/200 at least. Be an Abul.

Naimul_Hd
April 13, 2013, 08:34 AM
3 more days....:waiting:

Rifat
April 13, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mominul baad porle mone khub aghaat pabo :(

ReZ_1
April 13, 2013, 10:03 AM
Mominul baad porle mone khub aghaat pabo :(

mominul shakib er backup/bodyguard. nafees tamim er backup/bodyguard. tara ahoto hoile backups ra khelbe naile guard dibe...

tglover
April 13, 2013, 10:26 AM
Zimbabwe squad of 20 players for the two test series:

B.Taylor, S.Raza, T.Chatara, E.Chigumbura, M.Chinouya, G.Cremer, K.Jarvis, T.Maruma, H.Masakadza, S.Masakadza, K.Meth, N.M'shangwe, T.Mutombodzi, R.Mutumbami, R.Price, V.Sibanda, P.Utseya, M.Waller, B.Vitori, S.Williams

Squad originally 21 but reduced because as we all know C.Ervine didn't sign.

Okay so I see at least 5 spinners in that squad of 20, and Zimbabwe talked so much of preparing new wickets for their seamers? Cremer, Price and Utseya are Zimbabwe's most experienced bowlers in this squad and yet only 1 of them will likely play. Selection dilemma for Zimbabwe!

Dilscoop
April 13, 2013, 03:13 PM
Mominul Marlon Islam wearing myspace shirt. :facepalm:

MohammedC
April 13, 2013, 03:24 PM
both were there. hill & tucker.

But it was Tucker who was dishing out controversial decision.

Murad
April 13, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mominul Marlon Islam wearing myspace shirt. :facepalm:

No he is not.

"I live in my space".

Rifat
April 13, 2013, 07:09 PM
mominul shakib er backup/bodyguard. nafees tamim er backup/bodyguard. tara ahoto hoile backups ra khelbe naile guard dibe...

He is still very very young in years, but Alhamdulillah very impressive so far. There are a few minor issues he has to work with, if he can overcome those I can see him leading our batting in ever format. Tough to drop him as he did decent in the test series(2 fifties in two tests).

It would be yet another sad tale in Bangladesh cricket if he ends up like those before him (Kapali, Tushar Imran, Rajin Saleh) ==> all of them had a tremendous debut series, highly impressive and praised by commentators and cricket fans alike.

Rinathq
April 13, 2013, 07:22 PM
But it was Tucker who was dishing out controversial decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSquIsdJps

MohammedC
April 14, 2013, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSquIsdJps

Not defending Tony Hill. I wont make big fuss about it. There is enough swing could played on Umpires mind. I have seen worse.

ReZ_1
April 14, 2013, 01:53 AM
If Mominul isn't taken I will personally [edit] BCB headquarters.

But whom do you want to substitute for him, remember he was in for shakib..

Tiger Manc
April 14, 2013, 03:29 AM
^^no one. bat down to 8.

Edit: Tamim is out of first Test. Bump everyone up the order by 1.

MohammedC
April 14, 2013, 03:43 AM
Zim's Ervine puts club cricket before tests

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/international/news/130413/Zims_Ervine_puts_club_cricket_before_tests

Zimbabwe will also be without injured trio Tino Mawoyo, Regis Chakabva and Chris Mpofu for the two home tests against Bangladesh.

Zimbabwe squad: Brendan Taylor (capt), Sikandar Raza Butt, Tendai Chatara, Elton Chigumbura, Michael Chinouya, Graeme Cremer, Kyle Jarvis, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingirai Masakadza, Keegan Meth, Natsai Mshangwe, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Richmond Mutumbani, Ray Price, Vusi Sibanda, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori,Malcolm Waller, Sean Williams.

patriot
April 14, 2013, 04:54 AM
Zimbabwe squad: Brendan Taylor (capt), Sikandar Raza Butt, Tendai Chatara, Elton Chigumbura, Michael Chinouya, Graeme Cremer, Kyle Jarvis, Timycen Maruma, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingirai Masakadza, Keegan Meth, Natsai Mshangwe, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Richmond Mutumbani, Ray Price, Vusi Sibanda, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori,Malcolm Waller, Sean Williams.

I have played club cricket in Glasgow with Sikandar Raza Butt (Yes, He is Pakistani Born) and I can tell you this guy is pretty good with the bat. Suprised he is selected, cos the last time(a month) I spoke to him, he was trying for the Zimbabwe residency permit or something.

The quality of club cricket in Scotland is not as great as its in down south, but by fielding in the slips, I have witnessed this Butt guy smashing 15 sixes in an innings against 6ft fast bowlers on a green pitch.

If selected in the final XI, he is the one to look out for. Shakib got him out LBW in the last tour when he batted for the Zimbabwe A side, but not before he pulled Robiul Islam for a couple of sixes(IIRC).

ReZ_1
April 14, 2013, 05:21 AM
^^ i don't worry if he is in the class of afridi, hitting sixes and getting out quickly in test,

MohammedC
April 14, 2013, 05:32 AM
I am happy to see the back of Tino Mawoyo and Chris Mpofu. Last time Mawoyo had an excellent opening stand with Sibanda. It was not massive but it gave a foundation to Zimbabwe to make a reasonable total. And Mpofu always take key Bangladeshi wicket when we are doing well.

Naimul_Hd
April 14, 2013, 05:51 AM
I am happy to see the back of Tino Mawoyo and Chris Mpofu. Last time Mawoyo had an excellent opening stand with Sibanda. It was not massive but it gave a foundation to Zimbabwe to make a reasonable total. And Mpofu always take key Bangladeshi wicket when we are doing well.

C'mon shipon bhai. We are good enough team to face those two. Its just we take Zim easily and don't play our game. But we need to take them as seriously as we take any other top 6 teams. I can't see why we won't be able to whitewash them on their backyard.

Tigers_eye
April 14, 2013, 06:03 AM
I think our team has grown up!! With the exception or one/two.

MohammedC
April 14, 2013, 06:20 AM
C'mon shipon bhai. We are good enough team to face those two. Its just we take Zim easily and don't play our game. But we need to take them as seriously as we take any other top 6 teams. I can't see why we won't be able to whitewash them on their backyard.

1- You start with bit of arrogance.

2- Then you finish of with bit of a worry.

You sound like Bangladesh Cricket Team.

Naimul_Hd
April 14, 2013, 06:36 AM
1- You start with bit of arrogance.

2- Then you finish of with bit of a worry.

You sound like Bangladesh Cricket Team.

I wasn't arrogant at all. Sorry if i sounded like that to you. by "c'mon Shipon bhai' i meant, we should not be afraid of any player whether they play or not. We have to play our game. I am not worried about whose playing in opponent, rather i am worried about our players performance. Hope i made myself clear :)

BANFAN
April 14, 2013, 06:41 AM
Zimbabwe just got a chance to say that we didn't have our full strength, whatever is the result. And so got our critiques.... I would have preferred if they didn't have all these controversies and injuries...but we can't do anything about it. Lets have a white wash..

simon
April 14, 2013, 06:43 AM
The reason we are slightly vulnerable against Zim is because we find ourselves without the under dog tag, to add to that Zim always play their best game against us as they know they have a good chance against us.
Otherwise skill wise we are superior, but we have to prove it over & over again.

MohammedC
April 14, 2013, 06:52 AM
I wasn't arrogant at all. Sorry if i sounded like that to you. by "c'mon Shipon bhai' i meant, we should not be afraid of any player whether they play or not. We have to play our game. I am not worried about whose playing in opponent, rather i am worried about our players performance. Hope i made myself clear :)

No I did not take any offence. We are speaking strictly cricket here.

Haradhon
April 14, 2013, 10:00 AM
The reason we are slightly vulnerable against Zim is because we find ourselves without the under dog tag, to add to that Zim always play their best game against us as they know they have a good chance against us.
Otherwise skill wise we are superior, but we have to prove it over & over again.

The key to winning the Zim series is batting well on their bouncy pitches since most of the games are slated to be played in Harare. But our batters are now more experienced in playing pace and bounce.

ReZ_1
April 14, 2013, 10:04 AM
Suppose we bat well in the seaming pitch but what will our pacers do to restrict them below us?

Haradhon
April 14, 2013, 10:07 AM
BC coverage:

for us finally! Only 2 weeks gap:) Shak have a month to recover :waiting:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rrnvb8.jpg
Is this schedule correct; Cricinfo shows that we start with the 1st tes on Apr 17 at Harare

ReZ_1
April 14, 2013, 10:10 AM
^^ that is the old schedule but zim conspired against us and reversed it..

Haradhon
April 14, 2013, 10:14 AM
Suppose we bat well in the seaming pitch but what will our pacers do to restrict them below us?
The weakness of our bowlers will be made up by the strength of our batters and then we will spin our way to win!

mij
April 14, 2013, 10:15 AM
^^ that is the old schedule but zim conspired against us and reversed it..

Even Zim board understand which will be advantage for them. but our board doesn't.

mij
April 14, 2013, 10:21 AM
The weakness of our bowlers will be made up by the strength of our batters and then we will spin our way to win!

If Sir. SRK plays every weakness he pose Akram and co has to apologise to the country.

Dilscoop
April 14, 2013, 01:31 PM
People who hate T20 cricket will be following this series, since there are no other test series atm. So I hope it's a close contest for sake of cricket. And kudos to Zim board for reorganizing the series.

BANFAN
April 14, 2013, 07:16 PM
Is this schedule correct; Cricinfo shows that we start with the 1st tes on Apr 17 at Harare

Ya I think CI is right...

BengaliPagol
April 14, 2013, 07:28 PM
People who hate T20 cricket will be following this series, since there are no other test series atm. So I hope it's a close contest for sake of cricket. And kudos to Zim board for reorganizing the series.

Yeah that means more viewers.

meazz1
April 14, 2013, 08:59 PM
I hope we don't make mess out of this opportunity!

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2013, 10:38 PM
From the sponsors

Dilscoop
April 14, 2013, 10:41 PM
^ Batsmen was bowled and then the ball went for a SIX, or should I say PRAN Maximum.

Sohel
April 14, 2013, 10:42 PM
I'm looking forward to a few close contests with standout consistency from Shakib and Nasir. Expecting at least one big knock from Mushfiq and perhaps Sir Mohammad Ashraful Matin, KRT. Together Gazi, Enam and Shakib will take 90% of Zimbabwe's wickets.

ReZ_1
April 14, 2013, 11:18 PM
^ not sure how ease shakib will feel after the long break from test. he badly needs some practice matches, though he is the only one in the team to retrieve quickly from such situation

tiger_army
April 15, 2013, 01:33 AM
I'm looking forward to a few close contests with standout consistency from Shakib and Nasir. Expecting at least one big knock from Mushfiq and perhaps Sir Mohammad Ashraful Matin, KRT. Together Gazi, Enam and Shakib will take 90% of Zimbabwe's wickets.

Shakib wont be bowling in first test...Is it still confirmed? without shakib as a bowler it will be tricky to choose the perfect XI. Should we pick jnr as a extra spinner or choose an extra pacer on seeming condition?

reyme
April 15, 2013, 03:10 AM
Again...no need more than one pacer...our part time spinners are more effective than any one of those 4 pacers in the current squad....worse yet none of the pacers can bat

simon
April 15, 2013, 06:04 AM
Mominul deserves to play, but with Sakib & Enam jnr back I don't know if it will be possible, but I think Momin deserves it more than Ryad.

ReZ_1
April 15, 2013, 06:41 AM
Momin should learn quickly to roll his fingers and confident enough to try in the match if he wants to be permanent.

Roni_uk
April 15, 2013, 09:35 AM
Shunlam Shakib nai... Tamim o nai? :(

SS
April 15, 2013, 11:08 AM
Shunlam Shakib nai... Tamim o nai? :(

Mane Ki bhai ... Kishe nai

BANFAN
April 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
Again...no need more than one pacer...our part time spinners are more effective than any one of those 4 pacers in the current squad....worse yet none of the pacers can bat

Even if u lose the match, still u can't go with 1 pacer in a wicket favoring the pacers. That will damage the team's mind set and destroy any possibility of pace developing in the country... We don't really need to get that defensive.. More over have to also cater for infield injuries...we can't risk going out of pace option completely.. So two pacer is given, unless it's a completely turning pitch...

Night_wolf
April 15, 2013, 11:33 AM
^ Batsmen was bowled and then the ball went for a SIX, or should I say PRAN Maximum.

lol this was classic!

Zunaid
April 16, 2013, 07:04 AM
Teletalk 3G Test Series Trophy Unveliing

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/537230_562405297132520_1888164327_n.jpg

Tiger Manc
April 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
^^looking at that photo Mushy seems confident and Taylor seems pessimistic.

kalpurush
April 16, 2013, 12:39 PM
^^^ it used to be the opposite before...

kalpurush
April 16, 2013, 12:43 PM
Expecting at least one big knock from Mushfiq and perhaps Sir Mohammad Ashraful Matin.
A "BIG" day for Sir Ash! He must be proud today!! :)

SS
April 16, 2013, 12:57 PM
A "BIG" day for Sir Ash! He must be proud today!! :)

Ash will be the difference... The only problem is there might be a case where he had the possibility to play a shot which can... Thak ar bollam na

Dilscoop
April 16, 2013, 01:35 PM
I like how deshi companies are sponsoring even the away series. Nice

mufi_02
April 16, 2013, 04:32 PM
So apparently the hotel had no running water for hours, even when it came it smelled like petrol, players showered in buckets provided by hotel, swimming pool is closed, gym is 2 miles away, and electric outlets are dangerous.

[বাংলা]ভোগান্তির অন্য নাম জিম্বাবুয়ে[/বাংলা]
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-04-17/news/345483

দেখুন তো, এটা পানি না পেট্রল?
—আমার ধারণা, পানিই হবে, স্যার।
সামনে এগিয়ে দেওয়া গ্লাসের পানির গন্ধ না শুঁকেই উত্তর দিয়ে দিলেন রুম সার্ভিসের কর্মচারী। পরে গ্লাস হাতে নিয়ে তিনিও নাক কুঁচকালেন, ‘সরি স্যার, সমস্যাটা কোথায় আমি দেখছি...।’

হারারেতে বাংলাদেশ দল আছে হোটেল হলিডে ইনে। কাগজে-কলমে তিন তারকা হোটেল, তবে এর চেয়ে তারকাবিহীন হোটেলও বোধ হয় অনেক ভালো। বাথরুমের কল থেকে পানি নিয়ে ‘এটা পানি না পেট্রল’ জাতীয় দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্বে অন্তত পড়তে হয় না সেখানে। সকালে ঘুম থেকে উঠে প্রাতঃকৃত্য সারতে বিব্রতও হতে হয় না। কী এক যান্ত্রিক সমস্যায় কাল সকালে ঘণ্টা দুয়েকের মতো পানিই ছিল না হলিডে ইনের বাথরুমে। ঘুম থেকে উঠে অসহায় অবস্থায় পড়ে গেলেন অনেকেই। হোটেল কর্তৃপক্ষের সরবরাহ করা বালতির পানিতে সারতে হয়েছে সকালের কাজ। আর পরে যখন পানি এল, তাতে মিশে থাকল পেট্রলের ঝাঁজালো গন্ধ!

বাথরুমে এক দিন পানির সমস্যা হতেই পারে। কিন্তু হলিডে ইনে সমস্যা আছে সুইমিং পুলের পানিতেও। পুলে পানির অভাব নেই। টলটলে স্বচ্ছ জলাধার ঝাঁপ দেওয়ার লোভ জাগায়। তবে সে লোভে পড়ে ঝাঁপ দিলেই আপনি ধরা পড়ে যাবেন জালে। হ্যাঁ, পুরো পুলটাই ঢেকে রাখা হয়েছে কালো মোটা রশির জাল দিয়ে! কারণ, পুলের ময়লা পানি বদলানোর প্রক্রিয়াও নাকি যান্ত্রিক সমস্যায় আক্রান্ত। পুলে নামাই তাই নিষেধ এখন। কেউ যেন ভুল করেও নেমে না যায়, জাল দিয়ে ঢেকে দেওয়া সে কারণেই। টিম ম্যানেজার তানজীব আহসান অবশ্য জানালেন, আবহাওয়া ঠান্ডা বলে খেলোয়াড়দের সুইমিং পুলে নামানোর ব্যাপারে উৎসাহী নন তাঁরাও।

সমস্যা আছে জিমনেসিয়াম নিয়েও। হোটেলের নিজস্ব কোনো জিমনেসিয়াম নেই। অতিথিদের ব্যবহারের জন্য আছে দুই কিলোমিটার দূরের ভাড়া করা জিম। মাঠ-হোটেল-জিম—এত ঝামেলায় না গিয়ে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট শেষ পর্যন্ত হারারে স্পোর্টস ক্লাবের জিমনেসিয়ামই ব্যবহার করার সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে। বাকি থাকল বিদ্যুৎ-ব্যবস্থা। আগামী ১০-১২ দিন সেটা নিয়েও খুব নিশ্চিন্ত থাকার উপায় নেই। দিন দুয়েক আগে কম্পিউটার বিশ্লেষক নাসির আহমেদের রুমের বিদ্যুৎ-সংযোগ শর্টসার্কিট হয়ে পুড়ে গেছে। পরে রুম বদলাতে হয়েছে তাঁকে।

মাঠে কখনো ভালো কখনো খারাপ। তবে জিম্বাবুয়ে সফর মাঠের বাইরে বাংলাদেশকে স্বচ্ছন্দ রাখে কমই। ২০১১ সালের সফরে বুলাওয়ে থেকে হোটেলে ফেরার পথে নষ্ট হয়ে গিয়েছিল টিম বাস। খেলোয়াড়েরা কেউ হোটেলে ফিরেছিলেন হেঁটে, কেউ অন্যের গাড়িতে লিফট নিয়ে। জিম্বাবুয়ে ক্রিকেটের গোচরে আনা হলেও ব্যাপারটা যেন তাদের গায়েই লাগেনি।

আতিথেয়তায় জিম্বাবুয়ে এখনো সেই আগের মতোই আছে। তবে খেলা কাভার করতে আসা সাংবাদিকদের জন্য অবশ্যই সেটা আগের চেয়েও খারাপ। জিম্বাবুয়ে ক্রিকেটের দেওয়া সব শর্ত মেনে আসার পরও গত পরশু বিমানবন্দরে নেমে তিন-চার ঘণ্টা দাঁড়িয়ে থাকতে হয়েছে বাংলাদেশ থেকে আসা আট ক্রীড়া সাংবাদিককে। ভিসা ফি বাড়িয়ে করা হয়েছে প্রায় তিন গুণ। এ দেশে দায়িত্ব পালনের জন্য বিশেষ ছাড়পত্রের নামে জিম্বাবুয়ের তথ্য মন্ত্রণালয়ের নেওয়া ৩০০ ডলার তো দিতে হয়েছেই।

জিম্বাবুয়েতে খেলোয়াড়-বোর্ড কর্মকর্তা-সাংবাদিকদের এ রকম ভোগান্তি নিয়মেই পরিণত হয়েছে এখন। বিসিবিও এসব মেনে নিয়েই দলকে পাঠায় এ দেশে। জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে মাঠের ক্রিকেটে দাপটটা এখন বাংলাদেশের হলেও জিম্বাবুয়ে ক্রিকেটের সামনে বিসিবি যেন এখনো মাথা নিচু করে রাখা সেই ছোট ভাইটি। কিংবা তারা পারে না অধিকার আদায় করে নিতে।

Zeeshan
April 16, 2013, 04:36 PM
bangladeshe jodi ei ghotona ghoto aar guest jodi new zealand australia england saffer hoito tahole je amader koto kotha shunte hoito..... "incompetent BCB" han tan...

ora korle shaat khun maaf...thanks for the share mufi bro.

Nadim
April 16, 2013, 04:38 PM
This is just sad. If you can't do the basic right then why bother hosting a team??? I honestly don't see any hope in Zim cricket...

Dilscoop
April 16, 2013, 05:16 PM
What the actual ****? Exactly what Z and Nadim said.

What is BCB doing? They SHOULD respond harshly. Can we get BC aunty to confirm this?

al Furqaan
April 16, 2013, 06:04 PM
This is just sad. If you can't do the basic right then why bother hosting a team??? I honestly don't see any hope in Zim cricket...

They only treat us like s**t. Prolly also a ploy to win some games.

[If that report is true.]

affan_ayan
April 16, 2013, 06:54 PM
How to post a pic about cricket? I do not have any internet link, just some .png files.

reyme
April 16, 2013, 07:25 PM
Even if u lose the match, still u can't go with 1 pacer in a wicket favoring the pacers. That will damage the team's mind set and destroy any possibility of pace developing in the country... We don't really need to get that defensive.. More over have to also cater for infield injuries...we can't risk going out of pace option completely.. So two pacer is given, unless it's a completely turning pitch...

I am not being defensive, I am being very offensive here. Our pacers cause more problems than good, they lost us I mean SRK by himself lost us quite a few very critical games. If it was not for pacers we would be ASIA cup champs, draw or even win TEST series in SL. The only few Tests that we actually won are becaue of spinners like by Shakib and Enam. Pacers did not win us anytjhing in TEST.

As a matter of fact we should play without any pacers. And play with 4 spinners like with Gazi, Enam, Rubel and Saqlain. Then surround the batsmen with 9 close fielder, I want to see opposition like NZ, ENG, WI can surpass even 200. I highly doubt they will. Thats the only way we can get 20 wickets against elite teams. Our pacers always give away the advantage spinners bring for us. Ours are not Test worty pacers. Pacers like SRK dont belong at this level. Worse yet, they cant even bat. Thats why in domestics these pacers dont get any team. And often they dont evem make it to XI even in club teams.

BengaliPagol
April 16, 2013, 07:28 PM
Water smelling like petrol? Hmmm :umm:

reyme
April 16, 2013, 07:29 PM
Once our pacers become TEST worthy bring along 5 pacers, I dont mind.

BD_TigerZ
April 17, 2013, 12:38 AM
:floor::floor: water smelling like petrol..

M.H.Rubel
April 17, 2013, 12:40 AM

Agreed. We cant think less than 2 pacers in a team. Unless its a turning paradise.
To me SJ is right in one sense,always he tries to take more pacers in team once he get a chance. We need to remember that Jurgensen is the person under him Nazmul got a chance to play test.
This is very much true if we don't give chances to our pacers they will never improve.

BD_TigerZ
April 17, 2013, 12:50 AM
Faisal Caesar interview with Kyle jarvis (maybe old)

FC: How do you rate Bangladesh as a cricket team?

KJ:Bangladesh like us can blow hot and cold. I feel at home we will have the advantage… But they have good players in Shakib, Tamim and Mushfiqur Rahim…

FC: What are your thoughts regarding the upcoming Test series against Bangladesh?

KJ: Extremely important series for us as we did not do ourselves proud in the West Indies and we know how good we can be!

FC: Have you targeted any batsman from Bangladesh?

KJ: I’m targeting all their batsmen.

FC: Tell us about your team’s preparation regarding the series against Bangladesh?

KJ: We have had a few hiccups in the preparation regarding a few players not being offered contracts but that has all been rectified and the guys’ minds are fully ready for the job at hand.

Zeeshan
April 17, 2013, 01:26 AM
I am surprised that Dillu and Alfie both started reading Bangla overnight. :smug:

Dilscoop
April 17, 2013, 01:29 AM
It's all right here Zee. :)
So apparently the hotel had no running water for hours, even when it came it smelled like petrol, players showered in buckets provided by hotel, swimming pool is closed, gym is 2 miles away, and electric outlets are dangerous.

al Furqaan
April 17, 2013, 02:49 AM
Very positive attitude from KJ when he said he's targetting all of our batsman. I believe he will go far as will Brendan Taylor and perhaps Sibanda too.

BANFAN
April 17, 2013, 02:56 AM
Bowl First !! Really?

AK47
April 18, 2013, 12:33 PM
Ashraful will dictate the direction of this match - mark my words.

AK47
April 18, 2013, 12:35 PM
Does anyone have an idea on how the pitch will fare for the remainder of the game? Will it start to break up?

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2013, 11:21 PM
Zimbabwe should go into self exile again if they can't provide basic facilities to a visiting team. Go fight it out with Mongolia in division eight.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Dilscoop
April 19, 2013, 01:47 PM
I expect these guys to be complacent and incompetent being the "better" team that they are, and lose a game or two. Also expect the usual choke. See you in 17 days!

What I tell ya...

Zunaid
April 21, 2013, 07:27 AM
Media Release

BANGLADESH IN ZIMBABWE 2013: Shafiul Islam and Ziaur Rahman to join Test squad

Pace bowler Shafiul Islam and all-rounder Ziaur Rahman are scheduled to leave for Zimbabwe tonight to join the Bangladesh Test squad. The cricketers will be there as cover for pacers Rubel Hossain and Shahadat Hossain who both are nursing injuries and are doubtful for the second Test which starts in Harare on 25 April. Rubel hurt his shoulder during the first Test while Shahadat is nursing a knee injury.

Roni_uk
April 21, 2013, 08:52 AM
Lol @ Rajib - na khelei injured. Ahare notun bou re mone hoy miss kortese. Jai hok akta free holiday (paid) hoye galo.

Safiul (the run leaker); Ziaur (the walking wicket) - welcome aboard!

BD_TigerZ
April 21, 2013, 09:02 AM
Why not Nazmul?!?! Or even Babu?!?

Zunaid
April 21, 2013, 09:20 AM
Why not Nazmul?!?! Or even Babu?!?

Nazmul had been chosen but he injured himself.

roman
April 21, 2013, 09:22 AM
Zia for Test? Really? This is getting interesting

Nadim
April 21, 2013, 10:35 AM
Zia for test? are you f***** kidding me? How much KFC did he gave you Akram? faizlamir ekta shima ache :sick:

that means Zia is in the ODi team too :great:

simon
April 21, 2013, 11:30 AM
Zia is the new Abul, Akram chachu's new phebharite, so "cope" with it.

Shafi did really well against WI, doesn't mean that I am expecting much.

So the pace attack will be Robi-Sajed-Shafi I guess.

al Furqaan
April 21, 2013, 12:38 PM
Good that Rubel is injured. We won't have to see him bowl in the 2nd test. Shafi can't be worse than Mr strike rate 100...prolly won't be any better either though. But at least he can swing and seam the ball. Zia's inclusion baffles the mind. Where is Taskin?

ReZ_1
April 21, 2013, 01:43 PM
^still injured, and zia most probably brought for the odi as 3rd seamer and to get habituated with the condition early

Dilscoop
April 21, 2013, 02:01 PM
If Zia gets selected based solely on as possible 3rd bowler, might as well go with Aftab Ahmed.

Where is Reza?

simon
April 21, 2013, 02:36 PM
I think Taskin is the new NAzmul aka stepson
Zia is the new Abul, dottok putro

MohammedC
April 21, 2013, 02:37 PM
I think Taskin is the new NAzmul aka stepson
Zia is the new Abul, dottok putro

Taskin is injured.

simon
April 21, 2013, 02:38 PM
Taskin is injured.

another injure prawn prone as Nazmul

MohammedC
April 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
another injure prawn prone as Nazmul

Taskin is faster and taller than Nazmul. I would rather call him the Mashrafee.

BengaliPagol
April 21, 2013, 07:25 PM
Why calling in Ziaur when we have Abul ready to lose the game for us? I think we are going to see a Robiul, Shafiul/Abul, Sajidul combo.

roman
April 21, 2013, 07:26 PM
[বাংলা]
হারারেতে হারের পর নতুন একটি উপলব্ধিও ফিরে এসেছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টে- প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেললেই বুঝি ভালো হতো!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: শুক্রবার রাতে হোটেলের লবিতে দেখা জিম্বাবুয়ের সাবেক নির্বাচক এবং দীর্ঘকালীন ম্যানেজারের সঙ্গে। তাঁর দৃষ্টিতে বাংলাদেশের করুণ পরিণতির জন্য দায়ী, 'প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলা উচিত ছিল।' গতবার প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচের জন্য ভালো উইকেট দেয়নি বলে এবার তা ইচ্ছাকৃতভাবেই বিসিবি এড়িয়ে গেছে জেনে আরো বিস্মিত তিনি, 'বলেন কি? উইকেট যেমনই হোক, ম্যাচ প্র্যাকটিস তো হতো!'
[/বাংলা]

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=news&pub_no=1220&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=0

Zunaid
April 21, 2013, 07:33 PM
Taskin is injured.

No. HSC.

zman
April 21, 2013, 10:43 PM
[বাংলা]
হারারেতে হারের পর নতুন একটি উপলব্ধিও ফিরে এসেছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টে- প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেললেই বুঝি ভালো হতো!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: শুক্রবার রাতে হোটেলের লবিতে দেখা জিম্বাবুয়ের সাবেক নির্বাচক এবং দীর্ঘকালীন ম্যানেজারের সঙ্গে। তাঁর দৃষ্টিতে বাংলাদেশের করুণ পরিণতির জন্য দায়ী, 'প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলা উচিত ছিল।' গতবার প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচের জন্য ভালো উইকেট দেয়নি বলে এবার তা ইচ্ছাকৃতভাবেই বিসিবি এড়িয়ে গেছে জেনে আরো বিস্মিত তিনি, 'বলেন কি? উইকেট যেমনই হোক, ম্যাচ প্র্যাকটিস তো হতো!'
[/বাংলা]

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=news&pub_no=1220&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=0
all i can say is reading this makes even me wanna do Mary Jane bong style :hairpull::head:

Jadukor
April 21, 2013, 10:57 PM
When BCB recruits they must have "100% Bekub" as one of the criteria for qualification
Selection of players, coach, physio, tour arrangement, tournament payment, scheduling everything smells of "Bekubness"
Now we are sending Zia as a Test replacement while only a few months back he was considered as a T-20 specialist.

Where is Marshall Ayub who didn't get a game in Sri Lanka or Naeem Islam as cover for the brittle middle order? Or an extra opening batsman since Tamim is injured. Why are we carrying two guys who are not fit? (Tamim and Shakib)

Zunaid
April 21, 2013, 11:13 PM
*snipped *
why are we carrying two guys who are not fit? (tamim and shakib)

[বাংলা]যদি লাইগ্গা যায় [/বাংলা]

ReZ_1
April 21, 2013, 11:20 PM
If the 2nd test goes on to play in same wicket, then take all the four seamers, robiul, sajedul, zia and shafiul, no point in taking enamul, as shakib already fit for bowling in 2nd test and gazi, who is only effective against lhb and zim have none

Jadukor
April 21, 2013, 11:29 PM
When wickets are helpful to pacers it generally means the opposite for spinners. So I am not willing to put the blame on spinners for their lack of impact in the first test. If the test was played in subcontinental conditions the performance would have been entirely different. It made sense to go with two spinners because of past experience as we have pacers like Shahadat, Abul and Rubel with horrific stats. Now that Robiul has had some success being a new kid, perhaps giving Sajidul a chance might bring in better results.

Don't see the point of flying in half fit Shafiul who is a crap bowler even when he is fully fit.

Habib
April 22, 2013, 12:36 AM
It took a huge frikkin loss to Zimbabwe to make some changes. Our coach is so reactive when he needs to be proactive.

Rifat
April 22, 2013, 01:01 AM
[বাংলা]
[/বাংলা]

NZ said the same exact thing when they came over to Bangladesh in October 2010. jus sayin.....

BengaliPagol
April 22, 2013, 02:20 AM
I hate how our batting at times look good and then it looks crap...

Rinathq
April 22, 2013, 02:38 AM
The latest decision by the selectors tells us how uneducated our selectors are where cricket is concerned. Forget the difference between right and wrong. Here we are talking about what makes sense and what is absolutely nonsense

To begin with, Why was Shahadat selected if he was injured? why was Rubel selected if he was injured? Even worse, why was Rubel selected to play the game if he had an injury?

Now as they are being ruled out, based on what cricketing sense is a T20 allrounder named Ziaur Rahman selected as a replacement for a test match?

Jadukor
April 22, 2013, 02:52 AM
To begin with, Why was Shahadat selected if he was injured? why was Rubel selected if he was injured? Even worse, why was Rubel selected to play the game if he had an injury?

Now as they are being ruled out, based on what cricketing sense is a T20 allrounder named Ziaur Rahman selected as a replacement for a test match?

In other countries the sports journalists, pundits would have grilled the selectors for the series of bad decisions. I see nothing in our papers. The travelling sports writers seem to be glad just to be travelling and reporting on the sights and beauty along with short meaningless interviews at breakfast tables with players. Can't remember when I last read a stats driven analysis of prospective players in Bangla

BengaliPagol
April 22, 2013, 02:53 AM
All our players seem to be injured. Management seems amateurish in playing Shakib again so early when it's obvious that he isn't in full fitness yet. Shahadat got picked in the squad when was already injured? What is the mess...

mufi_02
April 22, 2013, 08:55 AM

Shahadat wasn't injured when he came with the team. He was injured during net practice in Harare. Rubel's shoulder pain also came back after playing the 1st test.

Night_wolf
April 22, 2013, 09:02 AM
Shahadat wasn't injured when he came with the team. He was injured during net practice in Harare. Rubel's shoulder pain also came back after playing the 1st test.

akkhan test khele manja betha hoia gese mamar

agula ki professional cricketer?

BD_TigerZ
April 22, 2013, 09:28 AM
The whole infastructure is a damn mess..dont even know where to begin..FIRE THE SELECTORS.. Is a god place to start..

roman
April 22, 2013, 09:47 AM
I think we are missing a point here. Selectors only select a team based on performance, ( what performance SRK has is a different issue :)) not based on physical fitness. It's physio's job to inform the selectors about fitness condition of a player. Singh said Tamim might be match ready before first test. Now we don't even know if he'll be fit enough for the 2nd test. He totally misread Tamim's condition

And players also have to face criticism here. They were warned about possible injuries and were told to use caution during BPL but they simply ignored that message and continued playing.

Physio needs to be changed and players should be held responsible for neglecting physio's advice..But the term responsibility is an alien term in Bangladesh. So let this circus be continued.

betaar
April 22, 2013, 11:34 AM
When wickets are helpful to pacers it generally means the opposite for spinners. So I am not willing to put the blame on spinners for their lack of impact in the first test.

Not always true. Some bouncy and not so sluggish wickets are equally supportive of spin bowling. The recent WI-Zim series is a good example where Shillingford bamboozled Zim batsmen with turn and bounce. Unfortunately, the type of spinners we have in our disposal, slow pitch offers them more support as they are more accustomed to bowling in them; they like the lack of pace, off the surface, and use the low bounce to their advantage.

Don't see the point of flying in half fit Shafiul who is a crap bowler even when he is fully fit.

Since he's half as fit he should be half as crap; therefore better than what he usually is......see selectors are smarter than us. :D

BengaliPagol
April 22, 2013, 06:56 PM
After all that treatment they did on Rubel and how he flew to South Africa to fix the shoulder problem the pain came back again? LOL

Nadim
April 23, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mash out of zim series. Thank you BPl!

MohammedC
April 23, 2013, 11:49 AM

BPL is the best thing that could happen to Bangladesh Cricket

Nadim
April 23, 2013, 11:50 AM
...to injure players :-|

roman
April 23, 2013, 12:51 PM
BPL is the best thing that could happen to Bangladesh Cricket

BPL is the best thing that could happen to C Gayle. It's proven :)

Saifulsohel
April 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mash cant go to zim
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

MohammedC
April 23, 2013, 07:26 PM
ASH’S OMELETTES

A Pakistani in Harare, Saad, is an immense source of hospitality to cricket teams from the Asian subcontinent touring Zimbabwe. The Bangladesh team too have been a recipient of his kindness on a few occasions, with Saad’s family cooking meals that are closer to home than the traditional Harare fare. But the team can give Mohammad Ashraful a vote of thanks for bringing to the table a Bangladeshi favourite.
“They can thank Ashraful for the omelettes,” said Saad. “I did not know that it was such a favourite of people from Bangladesh. But Ash insisted upon the omelettes and how they are made in Bangladesh with more spice, and now it is a staple item whenever they come to dinner.”

http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/african-adventures-4/

BengaliPagol
April 23, 2013, 09:39 PM
ASH’S OMELETTES

A Pakistani in Harare, Saad, is an immense source of hospitality to cricket teams from the Asian subcontinent touring Zimbabwe. The Bangladesh team too have been a recipient of his kindness on a few occasions, with Saad’s family cooking meals that are closer to home than the traditional Harare fare. But the team can give Mohammad Ashraful a vote of thanks for bringing to the table a Bangladeshi favourite.
“They can thank Ashraful for the omelettes,” said Saad. “I did not know that it was such a favourite of people from Bangladesh. But Ash insisted upon the omelettes and how they are made in Bangladesh with more spice, and now it is a staple item whenever they come to dinner.”

haire eishob niye chinta kore? :facepalm:

Dilscoop
April 23, 2013, 09:51 PM
I hope Saad cooked Ash's omeletts with patrol oil.

BTW, no onr, NO ONE eats omeletts like Bangladeshis do. With that much spice in the morning.

al-Sagar
April 23, 2013, 10:00 PM

oh no, what a sad news ..............

Dilscoop
April 23, 2013, 10:42 PM
Don't blame some 20-day T20 tournaments for their injuries. Blame the players for having such horrible fitness. Blame them for not working during off season. These guys will die if BD had a typical MLB season like schedule (162 games, over 180 day in a row + postseason). Chris Gayle played vs BD, went to BBL, then to SA T20, to Zim, and now he's playing in the IPL scoring double tons.

We're always asking for more and more games. Forget about cricket skills, metal skills, are our players fit enough to handle 10 extra games per season? BCB is having tough time as it is putting together a squad for past 2 series.

BengaliPagol
April 24, 2013, 01:12 AM
Since everyone is getting injured i say we should just bring the BD U19 boys in. I'm sure they can do better then what the Bangladesh team are already doing now.

Night_wolf
April 24, 2013, 09:41 AM
ASH’S OMELETTES

i thought this article was talking about the omlets ash was going to score in the 2nd test

Maysun
April 24, 2013, 10:00 AM
Don't blame some 20-day T20 tournaments for their injuries. Blame the players for having such horrible fitness. Blame them for not working during off season. These guys will die if BD had a typical MLB season like schedule (162 games, over 180 day in a row + postseason). Chris Gayle played vs BD, went to BBL, then to SA T20, to Zim, and now he's playing in the IPL scoring double tons.

We're always asking for more and more games. Forget about cricket skills, metal skills, are our players fit enough to handle 10 extra games per season? BCB is having tough time as it is putting together a squad for past 2 series.

Ain't got time for gym. Bhaat is more important.

SS
April 24, 2013, 11:46 AM
Ain't got time for gym. Bhaat is more important.

First I thought it was joke but when I read comments posted on media like cricinfo commentaries and twitter, I was so shocked to blieve that it is true.

Tiger444
April 24, 2013, 11:52 AM

Exactly. Using BPL as an excuse for our players is just a lame excuse. These players should be blamed for having such poor fitness and of course BCB as well for not monotoring or having plans for the players. In leagues such as MLB or NBA, they play a lot more but dont see them dropping like flies like our guys do.

Aren't we hoping that we get more tours and matches in the future like the big teams? Then our players will need to make sure they train properly and be more fit.

Murad
April 25, 2013, 02:10 AM
SRK er pore Shafiul er selection ta worse.

Why do they select half fit players for a overseas tour?

Tamim is half-fit for two tours in a row
Shakib was half fit in the first Test in this tour
Shafiul is half fit. Dont think he will improve much before the first ODI.

MohammedC
April 25, 2013, 07:29 AM
Zimbabwe commentator talking of 2-0 whitewash. Haven't they learn anything from Bangladesh.

Nadim
April 25, 2013, 08:40 AM
Shamsur Rahman and Razzak to join the ODI and T20(probably) team.

[বাংলা] ওয়ানডে দলে যোগ দিতে জিম্বাবুয়ে যাচ্ছেন বাঁহাতি স্পিনার আব্দুর রাজ্জাক ও ব্যাটসম্যান শামসুর রহমান। শুক্রবার বিকেলে দেশ ছাড়বেন এই দুই ক্রিকেটার। জিম্বাবুয়ে গিয়ে পৌঁছাবেন শনিবার। [/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=6e18c4b04d6c333178882e9b458b8 a3f&nttl=20130425055842191748

Shabbir/Milon ignored again for the shorter version, specially T20 :great:

Jadukor
April 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Losing the toss was probably the best thing to have happened this morning for the cricket team. Although we were heading towards a typical disastrous first innings total being 4 down 120 odd, it was Mushy's sensible batting and Shakib's fluke innings that turned things around. No matter how many times we get frustrated with Shakib and Tamim at the manner they throw their wickets away, they are still miles better than the Ryads, SNs and Jahiruls.

The pitch looks more spin friendly than the 1st test so with Zimbabwe having to bat last I would say we are in a good position now. We need to use the better of the conditions and get ourselves from a good position into a commanding one by adding another 70-80 runs. The way our tail bats, who knows it could even be over before 310! but if Nasir can keep his head and build a partnership with the tail we can get past 350. We have to remember Tailor was the only guy who made the difference and helped build the Zimbabwe innings... If we can take him out there is a good chance we can get them out cheaply with spin

simon
April 26, 2013, 04:36 PM
[বাংলা]সকালে একটু আগেভাগেই কোচ শেন জার্গেনসেনের সঙ্গে মাঠে চলে এসেছিলেন রুবেল হোসেন। উদ্দেশ্য হাত-টাত একটু ঘুরিয়ে কাঁধের অবস্থাটা বোঝা। এই টেস্টে না হয় খেলছেন না, ওয়ানডে সিরিজটা তো খেলতে হবে[/বাংলা]!

:sick::-X:-X

Nadim
April 28, 2013, 04:11 PM
Rubel out of ODI and T20 series with chicken pox

Roni_uk
April 28, 2013, 08:52 PM
Rubel out of ODI and T20 series with chicken pox

i hope its not Zimbabwean Chicken pox :ohno:

BengaliPagol
April 28, 2013, 09:10 PM
Just a quick question. Do Chickens get Chicken Pox? If so that would make Rubel a chicken.

Dilscoop
April 29, 2013, 11:39 AM
Before and After:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/537230_562405297132520_1888164327_n.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/157400/157479.jpg

The guy on the back grew full beard. Other than look at the grab difference.