PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nadim
March 5, 2013, 11:57 AM
BC coverage:

http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/zimban.png

Tours Home (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/index.php) : BD in ZIM, 2013 (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Home) News (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=News)
Bulletins (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Bulletins)
Squads (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Squads)
Schedule (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Schedule)
Scorecards (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Scorecards)
Articles (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Articles)
Statistics (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=Statistics)
History (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2026&type=History)
So back to back series for us finally! Only 2 weeks gap:) Shak have a month to recover :waiting:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2rrnvb8.jpg

Rubu
March 5, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is good. We need more real cricket.

Tiger444
March 5, 2013, 12:04 PM
We really should be playing 3 Tests against Zimbabwe but considering how Zimbabwe just wanted to start with 1 Test series, it's probably too much for them to host 3 Test series. Also I'd rather start with Tests 1st rather than other way around. Tests should have the most importance and therefore should start 1st.

Good news is that we play our T20I's and ODI's in Bulawayo but bad news is we play in Harare for the Tests. Bulawayo favors our style more. Should be a good contest. Won't be easy by any means.

cricheart
March 5, 2013, 12:17 PM
Shakib-Tamim gonna miss a lot of IPL money for this Zim tour re-schedule. Hope this dont change any attention in their games while they will be playing with Zimbabwe.

cricman
March 5, 2013, 12:42 PM
Shakib-Tamim gonna miss a lot of IPL money for this Zim tour re-schedule. Hope this dont change any attention in their games while they will be playing with Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe are an Ordinary team, ask Tamim.

His focus better be on this series.

M.H.Rubel
March 5, 2013, 12:44 PM
We really should be playing 3 Tests against Zimbabwe but considering how Zimbabwe just wanted to start with 1 Test series, it's probably too much for them to host 3 Test series. Also I'd rather start with Tests 1st rather than other way around. Tests should have the most importance and therefore should start 1st.

Good news is that we play our T20I's and ODI's in Bulawayo but bad news is we play in Harare for the Tests. Bulawayo favors our style more. Should be a good contest. Won't be easy by any means.

In other sense if we play test later our players will get more chance to acclimatize. Our last series at Zimbabwe was bad with test first.

MohammedC
March 5, 2013, 01:12 PM
nadim98 check the thread title again.

simon
March 5, 2013, 01:37 PM
Revenge series.
OgniPorikkha
Ash te dao ------

Vepu
March 5, 2013, 04:16 PM
Revenge series.
OgniPorikkha
Ash te dao ------

i saw what you did there:up:

Roni_uk
March 5, 2013, 06:44 PM
Revenge series.
OgniPorikkha
Ash te dao ------

Ash ke nao

Zeeshan
March 5, 2013, 07:08 PM
eishob chotpoti team er sathe khele kono luv nay

Gowza
March 5, 2013, 07:25 PM
In other sense if we play test later our players will get more chance to acclimatize. Our last series at Zimbabwe was bad with test first.

acclimatizing depends on pre-series preparation, in years gone by teams sometimes would be in the country 3 or so weeks ahead of the real series, since there isn't much of that these days they tend to use t20s and ODIs as a means to get use to conditions. but i love tests being played first, but maybe that's because it's my favourite format, i don't like having to wait for it and generally i'm more likely to watch the t20s and ODIs if they've played the tests first because i'm already interested in the series, if it's the other way around i don't get into the series quite as much.

Naimul_Hd
March 5, 2013, 08:01 PM
I liked the fixture. First two T20s will help us to adopt the weather and pitch, then 3 straight wins in ODIs will make us confident and then 2 Test match where we will run the bulldozer over them :D

Rinathq
March 5, 2013, 08:12 PM
I like how test is scheduled in the end. Players should be familier with the condition by the first test. Whats more, Shakib will have more than enough time to prepare for the Test series which is all I care about. Actually he should skip the T20 and if needed the ODI series as well to be ready for the 2 tests.

mr cricket
March 6, 2013, 01:18 AM
Zimbabwe is very tough to beat at home. I hope our boys don't get too careless.

Jadukor
March 6, 2013, 02:31 AM
I think considering their financial situation, it's better to invite them to bd and play them in our venues. That way there would not be problems for sponsorships, broadcast etc and people will get to enjoy the games as well.

Zunaid
March 15, 2013, 07:04 PM
I've edited the thread title and the first post. Let this be go to thread for general discussions about the Zimbabwe 2013 Away tour. Thanks Nadim for getting it started.

Nadim
March 15, 2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks boss! :)

But ki oslil ekta chobi :-p

Roni_uk
March 15, 2013, 07:39 PM
dhur minnow der shathe khelte aar bhalo lage na :/

Zeeshan
March 15, 2013, 07:41 PM
Zimbabwe is my fictional girlfriend.
Bangladesh is me.
The match is iPad or imagination.
Venue is Hotel Loveinn.

Go figure.

Naimul_Hd
March 15, 2013, 08:37 PM
Zim lost a test against WI in 3 days ! So, Zim would forward this Ban Series to prove that they also belong to test arena. I feel they will be more focused and determined than we are !

BD_TigerZ
March 16, 2013, 06:33 AM
Will show where we are atm. Should sweep them but then again we are bangladesh..

AMD128
March 16, 2013, 08:40 AM
A shot at Redemption for Tamim. Anyone still remembers how Vitori made a bunny out of him? :facepalm:

Tamim better be ready.

Yameen
March 16, 2013, 01:40 PM
Any news on which channel might be broadcasting this in the UK?

Rifat
March 16, 2013, 01:43 PM
Shakib should play in this series.

NoName
March 16, 2013, 01:45 PM
A shot at Redemption for Tamim. Anyone still remembers how Vitori made a bunny out of him? :facepalm:

Tamim better be ready.

W.e happened to Vitori? Don't see him play alot, their main strike bowler seems to be Jarvis atm.

Nadim
March 18, 2013, 07:17 AM
SL test is nearly over. For the test series against Zim, we should make couple if changes.

My 15 would be:

1) Mushy
2) Shakib (VC)
3) Ashraful
4) Tamim
5) Anamul Bijoy
6) Zahirul Islam
7) Mominul Haque
8) Nasir Hossain
9) Sohag Gazi
10) Nayeem Islam (should cone in for Riyad)
11) Rubel Hossain
12) Abul Hassan
13) Taskin Ahmed
14) Nazmul Hossain/Robiul/Shafiul
15) Razzak/Saqlain/Mosharaff/Enamul jr

++++++++

Zim pitches have something to offer for the seamers hence 4 pacers.Also our pacers are injury prone so its gd to have back up. BCB should give NOC to SRK to start his bollywood career. Give Riyad a summer vacation. And pls don't bring back SN without any reason as I don't see for any chance of playing atleast for now for the nats team. Poor Marshall Ayub:(

From the 15 I picked, this would be my XI:

1)Tamim
2)A. Bijoy/Zahirul
3) Ashraful
4) Mominul
5) Shakib
6) Mushy
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Rubel
10) Taskin (if he is fit, then its the perfect time,condition and opposition for him to get the test cap)
11) Another SLA

12th man: Nayeem Islam (Mominul has taken his place)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Nadim
March 18, 2013, 07:19 AM
^this is an unbeatable team ;)

BANFAN
March 18, 2013, 04:07 PM
OP... Since when the Tigers have started behaving so weird with their food...:lol: !!

Should be a good tour for us....

WindieFan
March 19, 2013, 11:58 AM
As everyone knows we're playing them right now, in the first test last week we beat them in two and a half days but believe me it wasn't as easy as it sounds, they've got a dangerous batting order if they are allowed to get going, Mazakdza, Marwayo and Sibanda can score very quickly and Irvine has been a constant pain against us through their whole tour, he isn't getting big scores but he's sticking around for long spells, Weller looks decent too,

Another thing to add is Jarvis is very dangerous in seaming conditions, he got a 5fer against us and aways looked hostile and up for the fight, they had a sniff in the first test when they had us 140/6, but in the end Sammy and Ramdin took the game away from them and we built a 95 run lead, after that our spinners just rolled them over.

Vitori is said to be going through a poor spell but after what he did to you last time i have a feeling he might be back :D .

I think It's gonna be a good series, i'll have to wait and see what happens in this second test tomorrow to make a prediction but if this was a home series for the Tigers then i'd favor you heavily thats for sure.

al Furqaan
March 19, 2013, 12:04 PM
^It depends on what kind of a track the Zimbabweans lay out. If its a flat track, as Bulawayo typically is, then its game over for the Zimbabweans before the toss. As per the schedule, all the limited overs matches are in Bulawayo, so I expect that we should win at least 4 out of the 5 matches in Bulawayo...3-0 in ODIs, 1-1 in T20s. We have beaten Zimbabwe 6-1 in the last two series in Bulawayo.

Both Tests are in Harare and it will be interesting what kind of track they lay out. I too expect Vitori to be back regardless of his form and fitness, but we'll be boosted by the fact that we've scored 500 and 600+ in our last two series, which wasn't anywhere close to true the last time we toured ZIM.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2013, 10:06 PM
very important series for us. it will be an indicator of the relative progress of two teams, so both teams will take the games seriously.

BD need to show that their recent improvements are not fluke and need to perform and get the results in zimbabwe.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2013, 07:42 AM
so both teams will take the games seriously.

I don't think so. Zimbabwe will take it seriously, whereas we will be bullish about demolishing them based on our Test series loss to Sri Lanka.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Miraz
March 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
Jarvis is bowling very well. I am impressed. He will pose greater threat than any of the current Sri Lanka pace bowlers.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2013, 10:24 PM
Jarvis is bowling very well. I am impressed. He will pose greater threat than any of the current Sri Lanka pace bowlers.

Agreed. I think Chatara has done more than enough to crack the 2nd seamers spot. It will be interesting to see if ZIM goes with Vitori or Mpofu as their third seamer. I don't see their spinners posing any threat at all. Will be interesting to see how Shakib and Gazi go.

I'd select Abul, Robiul, and Taskin as our first choice seam attack with Rubel being the backup.

Rabz
March 21, 2013, 01:18 AM
Irrespective of the condition, I think we should NOT play more than 2 pacers in a match.
Our pacers aren't exactly world beaters and the 3rd guy means he wasn't the first pic even from the lot we have in hand. If he wasn't good enough for that, dont think he would make much of a difference.
We are better off playing to our strength, spin.

More importantly, 3-seamer bowling line means the pacers are having to take charge of the attack, something they don't in their regular job, ie, domestic league. Our pacers are mostly support system to our spinners in the FC matches where they come and bowl few customary early overs with the new ball and then the SLA's take charge.

When they are not groomed to attack in the domestic league, we can't expect them to do the same in the international matches.

M.H.Rubel
March 21, 2013, 09:06 AM
Irrespective of the condition, I think we should NOT play more than 2 pacers in a match.
Our pacers aren't exactly world beaters and the 3rd guy means he wasn't the first pic even from the lot we have in hand. If he wasn't good enough for that, dont think he would make much of a difference.

More importantly, 3-seamer bowling line means the pacers are having to take charge of the attack, something they don't in their regular job, ie, domestic league. Our pacers are mostly support system to our spinners in the FC matches where they come and bowl few customary early overs with the new ball and then the SLA's take charge.

When they are not groomed to attack in the domestic league, we can't expect them to do the same in the international matches.

Not agreed fully. If an allrounder like Shakib is there you have total freedom to arrange your team. In a seaming condition easily you can take 3 pacers plus Shakib and Shohag. In that case you will have to play with total 7 batsman. Rather we will have to take decision about number of batsman we want,7/8. 3 pacer is always a good option in favourable condition as they will get little tired.

Rabz
March 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
Bhaaai, you really think our 3 pacers is going to win us any games ?

Remember this ?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-bangladesh-2011/engine/match/522245.html

3 pacers 81 overs 5 wickets, giving away 228 runs.
3 spinners 50 overs 5 wickets, giving away 127 runs.
One of the spinner was a part timer who bowled only 2 overs.
Enamul Jnr has a better chance to take more wickets than Shahadat/Abul/Rubel, even in a pacer friendly condition.

I'm not saying we must NOT take 3 pacers, I'm just being realistic that our 3rd pacer is not going to add any substantial value to the bowling attack and we would probably be better off betting on our strength and their weakness, ie, spin.

Also remember, Shakib would be coming off from a surgery and might not be able to bowl the longer spell that he usually does. In that case, we need another bowler to can share the load with Gazi. So, instead of getting a mere 15 overs from the 3rd pacer, we can take someone like Enamul who would easily bowl 25+ overs in an innings, thus sharing the bulk load with the other two spinners.

Ref the last test match against SL, the pacers bowled (15+23+17) = 55 overs, whereas Gazi himself bowled a staggering 39 overs, even in what was supposed to be a pacer friendly pitch !
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/engine/match/602473.html

We got to be careful about managing Gazi's workload or else within a very short time, he would also be going under the knives, just like Shakib.

KaaL-PurusH
March 21, 2013, 12:08 PM
Bhaaai, you really think our 3 pacers is going to win us any games ?

Remember this ?

Enamul Jnr has a better chance to take more wickets than Shahadat/Abul/Rubel, even in a pacer friendly condition.

I'm not saying we must NOT take 3 pacers, I'm just being realistic that our 3rd pacer is not going to add any substantial value to the bowling attack and we would probably be better off betting on our strength and their weakness, ie, spin.

Also remember, Shakib would be coming off from a surgery and might not be able to bowl the longer spell that he usually does. In that case, we need another bowler to can share the load with Gazi. So, instead of getting a mere 15 overs from the 3rd pacer, we can take someone like Enamul who would easily bowl 25+ overs in an innings, thus sharing the bulk load with the other two spinners.

Ref the last test match against SL, the pacers bowled (15+23+17) = 55 overs, whereas Gazi himself bowled a staggering 39 overs, even in what was supposed to be a pacer friendly pitch !
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/engine/match/602473.html

We got to be careful about managing Gazi's workload or else within a very short time, he would also be going under the knives, just like Shakib.

If we can dare to let Nazmul play then we should go with 3 pacers.

SS
March 21, 2013, 01:19 PM
Zimb pacers will create havoc in our uncertain toporders consist of banglar bradmans and their spinners may even take more wickets and do better than ours...

Tiger Manc
March 22, 2013, 03:43 PM
29 of the 40 Zimbabwe wickets went to off spinners in the recent Test series with West Indies. I'm expecting Gazi to cash in. I'd love to see Enamul against them too.

syedmahm
March 22, 2013, 04:45 PM
As everyone knows we're playing them right now, in the first test last week we beat them in two and a half days but believe me it wasn't as easy as it sounds, they've got a dangerous batting order if they are allowed to get going, Mazakdza, Marwayo and Sibanda can score very quickly and Irvine has been a constant pain against us through their whole tour, he isn't getting big scores but he's sticking around for long spells, Weller looks decent too,

Another thing to add is Jarvis is very dangerous in seaming conditions, he got a 5fer against us and aways looked hostile and up for the fight, they had a sniff in the first test when they had us 140/6, but in the end Sammy and Ramdin took the game away from them and we built a 95 run lead, after that our spinners just rolled them over.

Vitori is said to be going through a poor spell but after what he did to you last time i have a feeling he might be back :D .

I think It's gonna be a good series, i'll have to wait and see what happens in this second test tomorrow to make a prediction but if this was a home series for the Tigers then i'd favor you heavily thats for sure.

In order to make a clear statement, we need to beat ZIM convincingly in their home ground. We can claim to be a better side if we can do that.

Nadim
March 22, 2013, 05:29 PM
Fixtures reversed. First test is on the 17th April. Shak Will be lucky to be fit...

Rabz
March 23, 2013, 01:33 AM
If we can dare to let Nazmul play then we should go with 3 pacers.

Yeah, let him be fit first.
More importantly, Nazmul in test is not likely to happen.

Rifat
March 23, 2013, 02:22 AM

i agree, inshaAllah when Enamul Haque jr. is fit, and Shakib is also match fit and Gazi is alive and healthy and, match fit, it could be a lethal spin combo, perhaps better than India's current spin attack. It is likely that even on batting surfaces these three together can cause problems for oppositions.

KaaL-PurusH
March 23, 2013, 03:31 AM
i agree, inshaAllah when Enamul Haque jr. is fit, and Shakib is also match fit and Gazi is alive and healthy and, match fit, it could be a lethal spin combo, perhaps better than India's current spin attack. It is likely that even on batting surfaces these three together can cause problems for oppositions.

i dont think its applicable after seeing ashwin's bowling today against aussies, especially his carom ball.

Tiger Manc
March 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
They're showing Zimbabwe cricket grounds on Ten cricket right now. They were showing Coventry's 194.

al Furqaan
March 23, 2013, 05:49 PM

I agree totally, but we do need to groom them somewhere. Might as well be at the international stage. There will be some growing pains along the way, but I'm with Sohel bhai on this.

Rabz
March 24, 2013, 12:55 AM
But Asaad, you know very well that international stage is not the place for grooming and trimming.
Though the case isnt always true for a country with infrastructure like ours, but we have to make them some sort of match ready.
Getting them ready in the head is the most crucial part and you won't have it in the international arena where the big boys will torn them apart.
Back to basics is always the simple answer.

al Furqaan
March 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
But Asaad, you know very well that international stage is not the place for grooming and trimming.
Though the case isnt always true for a country with infrastructure like ours, but we have to make them some sort of match ready.
Getting them ready in the head is the most crucial part and you won't have it in the international arena where the big boys will torn them apart.
Back to basics is always the simple answer.

This is true, but we don't have many alternatives. Plus, debuting them in series vs ZIM is an ideal backdrop in that regard. ZIM's strength is even lower than A teams from most of the top sides, so that would be an ideal place to bring Taskin, Anamul, etc into top flight cricket. We simply don't have enough A or Academy tours to do that. These young players should meanwhile continue to work in the Academy setting. Tamim, Mashrafee, and others are examples of players who cut their teeth mostly at the international level with very little domestic experience prior to that.

Zeeshan
March 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
This is true, but we don't have many alternatives. Plus, debuting them in series vs ZIM is an ideal backdrop in that regard. ZIM's strength is even lower than A teams from most of the top sides, so that would be an ideal place to bring Taskin, Anamul, etc into top flight cricket. We simply don't have enough A or Academy tours to do that. These young players should meanwhile continue to work in the Academy setting. Tamim, Mashrafee, and others are examples of players who cut their teeth mostly at the international level with very little domestic experience prior to that.

Mother of all burns.

BD_TigerZ
March 26, 2013, 01:47 AM
Debuts for Taskin, Sajib, Shabbir. The return of Enamul Jnr (fingers crossed :ohno:)

wktkeeper
March 26, 2013, 03:57 AM
we need to out perform zimbabwe in every department. i hope mash and shakib is fit for the tour. we already lost tamim, no more injury plz

LateCut
March 26, 2013, 12:44 PM
The way we are loosing palyers to injury, we should just call a A-team visit. I think the team that will travel to Zimbabwe will be handily beaten by healthy players wo are currently in the injury list. I think we just should cancel the trip

Haradhon
March 26, 2013, 08:56 PM
This is an opportunity for BD players to improve their records.Our batters should not take pacers like Jarvis lightly. But if we win the first test easily then some of our batters can play patiently and score big to boost their averages.

M.H.Rubel
March 26, 2013, 09:19 PM
This is an opportunity for BD players to improve their records.Our batters should not take pacers like Jarvis lightly. But if we win the first test easily then some of our batters can play patiently and score big to boost their averages.

I dont think it will be easy.Our last experience was bad.Specially in test cricket.

Rabz
March 27, 2013, 06:59 AM
The two most bottom ranked test teams who gets to play only a handful amount of test matches every year and always asking for more matches for their improvement still plays a 2-match test series between themselves !!

You would have thought atleast this series would have been a 3 match series !
Its funny and sad both at the same time.

cricheart
March 27, 2013, 07:25 AM
I dont think this time Bangladesh team got any desire to play more tests after such heavy schedule and number of injuries. Now team management cant even ask for post injury performance to be any great for anyone here. This tour would be more sensible to schedule while champions trophy will be happening in England and players could be warmed up & fit for a full 3-test series.

ReZ_1
March 27, 2013, 07:30 AM
i wish there is a four match series every year or so like ashes, muruli-warne, gavaskar-border trophy.... between zim and bd... but what will be the name is a matter of concern.. it got to be a revenge typo or between two legends of the associate countries...:waiting:

al-Sagar
March 27, 2013, 07:39 AM
i wish there is a four match series every year or so like ashes, muruli-warne, gavaskar-border trophy.... between zim and bd... but what will be the name is a matter of concern.. it got to be a revenge typo or between two legends of the associate countries...:waiting:

bulbul-flower trophy

Rabz
March 27, 2013, 08:29 AM
I dont think this time Bangladesh team got any desire to play more tests after such heavy schedule and number of injuries. Now team management cant even ask for post injury performance to be any great for anyone here. This tour would be more sensible to schedule while champions trophy will be happening in England and players could be warmed up & fit for a full 3-test series.

Heavy schedule ? Bangladesh and Zimbabwe ? Really ?

simon
March 27, 2013, 08:41 AM
Zimbabwe der niya dushchnta korar moto durdin ki ar achey? nai, hudai arekta series khelte jaitasi.
bhabtasi ekta thread khulbo, "Too many matches with Zim"

Maysun
March 27, 2013, 09:07 AM
I think we are going to underestimate them and lose one or two here and there. Hope I am wrong or else you have the license to, you know what you want to do!

Zunaid
March 27, 2013, 09:13 AM
I think we are going to underestimate them and lose one or two here and there. Hope I am wrong or else you have the license to, you know what you want to do!

We are not as good as we think we are and they are as not as bad as we think they are.

You are so very right, Maysun.

mufi_02
March 27, 2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah agree with Maysun. Keep an eye on Jarvis and Chatara. They are thousand times better than our Abul/Babuls.

Tiger444
March 27, 2013, 11:45 AM
Ya hopefully we learned a lesson from the last Zimbabwe series. Their pacers are better than ours and even though their batsmen aren't as talented or flamboyant, they're more disciplined and matured. The Test matches will be tough, Harare is where we lost all our matches due to the fact that there was more pace and bounce whereas the other venue, Bulawayo is more like our wickets so I expect us to do well in the T20Is and ODIs but Tests will be tough work

Nadim
March 27, 2013, 01:58 PM
Earlier the BCB requested ZC to launch the series with the shorter version of the game though the original itinerary provided by ZC revealed that the two Tests will be played first.

http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-03-28&nid=44259#.UVNBARz6m8E

NoName
March 27, 2013, 02:34 PM
bulbul-flower trophy

haha:lol:

roman
March 27, 2013, 02:41 PM
Heard Anamul will miss this tour because of his HSC exam. If its true, Big opportunity for SN, Shubho

Nadim
March 27, 2013, 03:28 PM
^So is Taskin. But I think they will make it
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

auntu
March 27, 2013, 07:19 PM
The two most bottom ranked test teams who gets to play only a handful amount of test matches every year and always asking for more matches for their improvement still plays a 2-match test series between themselves !!

You would have thought atleast this series would have been a 3 match series !
Its funny and sad both at the same time.

Can't agree more. What could be reason apart from incapability of BCB? Who does the negotiation? Really frustrating.

al Furqaan
March 27, 2013, 10:50 PM
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-03-28&nid=44259#.UVNBARz6m8E

According to this report the ZC did not entertain the request from the BCB, which is well within their right I suppose. But apparently the ZC are further cementing "home field advantage" by not providing a tour match. Didn't they also pull some poor hosting with the hotel or travel arrangements during our last tour?

I think the only proper response to such poor treatment of guests will be to humiliate them on the field of play in their own backyard.

Tiger444
March 27, 2013, 10:55 PM
So with Anamul out and Tamim likely to be out, that means we'll need 2 top order batsmen to come in. SN will no doubt come in I'm wondering who the next one will be. Shamsur is probably going to make it then but Junaid also has an outside chance to make it for Tests.

AsifTheManRahman
March 27, 2013, 10:56 PM
According to this report the ZC did not entertain the request from the BCB, which is well within their right I suppose. But apparently the ZC are further cementing "home field advantage" by not providing a tour match. Didn't they also pull some poor hosting with the hotel or travel arrangements during our last tour?

I think the only proper response to such poor treatment of guests will be to humiliate them on the field of play in their own backyard.

Instead our players will humiliate us by talking out of their butts then making a fool out of themselves on the field.

al-Sagar
March 27, 2013, 11:21 PM
jebhabe ektar por ekta bad news ashtese, looks like we will get doomed .....

sofor batil kore sobai DPL kheluk .... ...

al-Sagar
March 27, 2013, 11:58 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2013/2013_03_28/content_zoom/2013_03_28_19_0_b.jpg

Rabz
March 28, 2013, 12:53 AM
^^ Not playing even a single warm up before the tour opener with a test could be suicidal.

auntu
March 28, 2013, 01:02 AM
^^ BCB voye ase practice match khele na abar keo injured hoi.

Roni_uk
March 28, 2013, 01:09 AM
Zimb wants to repeat last series by putting no practice matches (last time there was only one as far as I remember). BRING it on.... make it challenging for us.

Taking NOTHING less than a white wash.

Sohel
March 28, 2013, 01:44 AM
While we have been performing better simply because we now have more performers performing somewhat consistently, Zimbabwe has been improving as a cohesive unit. Classic contest between individualism and collectivism. VERY intriguing tour ahead.

Awla
March 28, 2013, 02:07 AM
eita kono kotha hoilo....ontoto 2 diner 1ta warm up match rakhte parto..batsman-bowler ra 1 din kore condition bujhar jonno sujog peto
Jai hok expecting 2-0 win in test series..

M.H.Rubel
March 28, 2013, 02:16 AM
I am just astonished as there will be no practice match.Our team will start the series with test and without any practice match !!!!
Should i believe it or not?

al Furqaan
March 28, 2013, 06:12 AM
While we have been performing better simply because we now have more performers performing somewhat consistently, Zimbabwe has been improving as a cohesive unit. Classic contest between individualism and collectivism. VERY intriguing tour ahead.

Just one fifty in an entire Test series...I'd say they are collectively sucking even better than our gadhas at the moment.

Nadim
March 28, 2013, 01:44 PM
Anamul out of the whole series due to HSC Exams. Tamim is out too for the Test series (80-20).

Perfect opportunity for SN to reclaim his minor bashing tag. Shamsur to Make a strong case and Jahirul to score some runs. and, of course Ash is there to be Dilshan :D

Taskin might miss out too. HSC exams :(

al Furqaan
March 28, 2013, 02:54 PM
Anamul out of the whole series due to HSC Exams. Tamim is out too for the Test series (80-20).

Perfect opportunity for SN to reclaim his minor bashing tag. Shamsur to Make a strong case and Jahirul to score some runs. and, of course Ash is there to be Dilshan :D

Taskin might miss out too. HSC exams :(

We already play so few matches...why can't they wait till the off season to take their exams. Special accomodations should be made for them. And are they professional cricketers or high school students? Exam kisher? He needs to work on his footwork, not his homework!

Nadim
March 28, 2013, 03:10 PM
Exactly. Gutted, specially for Taskin. Would have been the perfect series to unleash him.

Still have time so Hoping bcb will sort it out.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Holden
March 28, 2013, 05:23 PM
this exam situation does seem to be a minor nuisance, of course education is paramount but surely there can be a work around. What happened in the past, with the other players? Also wasn't Mushy allowed to re-arrange his uni exams, surely the same could be applied here.

Miraz
March 28, 2013, 05:45 PM
this exam situation does seem to be a minor nuisance, of course education is paramount but surely there can be a work around. What happened in the past, with the other players? Also wasn't Mushy allowed to re-arrange his uni exams, surely the same could be applied here.

Mushy's exam was at University level. Anamul will be sitting for HSC exam. It is nearly impossible to reschedule HSC exam for any student.

Night_wolf
March 28, 2013, 08:48 PM
We already play so few matches...why can't they wait till the off season to take their exams. Special accomodations should be made for them. And are they professional cricketers or high school students? Exam kisher? He needs to work on his footwork, not his homework!

Its Higher Secondary Exam, it cant be rescheduled, over 3 lakh students are giving this exam and even the son of the prime minister cant give this exam later on if misses, Anamul and taskin had to wait untill next year if they missed this year

now if you say they dont need to give HSC exam i dont have anything to say

M.H.Rubel
March 28, 2013, 10:17 PM
So this tour will be our real fight. We batted well in Srilanka. To me short format will not be much problem. But any how we will have to win tests.

al Furqaan
March 28, 2013, 10:23 PM
Its Higher Secondary Exam, it cant be rescheduled, over 3 lakh students are giving this exam and even the son of the prime minister cant give this exam later on if misses, Anamul and taskin had to wait untill next year if they missed this year

now if you say they dont need to give HSC exam i dont have anything to say

Why don't they give it next year? I'm sure we'll have a huge gap in the FTP.

They are professional cricketers not part timers. I'm all for education but this shows a deficit in commitment to cricket.

firstlane
March 28, 2013, 10:42 PM
Khadijatul Kubra is also missing the India tour due to HSC exams. And I liked her captain's view- "Poralekhar dorkar ase".

Kabir
March 28, 2013, 11:17 PM
They are professional cricketers not part timers. I'm all for education but this shows a deficit in commitment to cricket.

True, but losing one year of educational career for a tour to Zim is at all worth it. He can have 10 tours of that size in the year following his exams...which will be more worth it.

Night_wolf
March 28, 2013, 11:26 PM
Why don't they give it next year? I'm sure we'll have a huge gap in the FTP.

they are already late..specially anamul who could be 22, students in BD pass this exam at 17-18

Jadukor
March 28, 2013, 11:34 PM
It's a sacrifice i am happy with. I want educated players with a learning curve serving our cricket.

Habib
March 28, 2013, 11:47 PM
Our Ash should try his luck at HSC exam again. Third time is the charm. Dorkar hoile amra sobai nokol supply dimune. :cool:

ReZ_1
March 28, 2013, 11:55 PM

I guess its the board who got to make way for them to give exams when there is no match, He needs to play these crucial matches. ok if not for the test but at least for the odis he should be available.. he is already 22-3 years, ar ek bosor loss dile kisu hoito na, it is not that he will have to find job after study to look after his family or so..

al-Sagar
March 29, 2013, 02:02 AM
tahole footwork baad diye homework hocche ..... ......

Night_wolf
March 29, 2013, 03:24 AM
Our Ash should try his luck at HSC exam again. Third time is the charm. Dorkar hoile amra sobai nokol supply dimune. :cool:

Ash re ki mone koro..o english xm er calculator nia jay!

Habib
March 29, 2013, 09:01 AM
Alright, let's see what the folks over at Zimbabwean forum are thinking- http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Also, I'd recommend reading this thread- http:// http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6057&sid=8df552b3dd3319221f73f8e2ef674c76

Sanzidul
March 29, 2013, 11:09 AM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/644277_428748937219789_515225481_n.jpg

MohammedC
March 29, 2013, 11:36 AM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/644277_428748937219789_515225481_n.jpg

^^^ HMM played un Abu Dhabi. Bhai ei ta FaceBook na apni ja iccha ta post kore diben

Nadim
March 29, 2013, 11:40 AM
^epic fail...

cricman
March 29, 2013, 11:55 AM
Ask CSA if they can do us a favor and schedule some match practice.

Rabz
March 29, 2013, 01:52 PM
Wow, is that the new stadium in Saint Martin ? Looks good.

Tiger Manc
March 29, 2013, 04:54 PM
Alright, let's see what the folks over at Zimbabwean forum are thinking- http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Also, I'd recommend reading this thread- http:// http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6057&sid=8df552b3dd3319221f73f8e2ef674c76

"Bangladesh, our fellow strugglers will eventually surpass us". I was surprised by that comment. We've been ranked above Zimbabwe for a long time.

Tiger444
March 29, 2013, 05:48 PM
"Bangladesh, our fellow strugglers will eventually surpass us". I was surprised by that comment. We've been ranked above Zimbabwe for a long time.

We have but I think he means that we've always been the 2 teams that are outside the G8 zone. Also in Tests we and Zmbabwe are nowhere near the G8 teams. In recent times though we're joining the ranks of the G8 teams in ODIs while Zimbabwe is still far behind and is near the associates.

zainab
March 30, 2013, 08:16 AM
I was in Barbados recently, attended all 3 days of the Test match, felt very sorry for ZIM,the way the Windies made mincemeat out of them, game did not even last 3 full days, I got complimentary tickets, so I did not have to pay, I am sure that BD will not have a hard time, but then Zim is playing in their own backyard.

sharup
March 30, 2013, 11:09 AM
I wonder what the currency will be of the prize money? Hope it's not going to be ZIM dollar. A loaf of bread costs few millions zim dollar I hear.

M.H.Rubel
March 31, 2013, 12:25 AM
If TAMIM misses the test series top order Batting will be a big concern. Anamul will busy with exam. Probably SN will get a recall in tests. Though I dont like the style of SN in tests.

ReZ_1
March 31, 2013, 02:21 AM
I wonder what the currency will be of the prize money? Hope it's not going to be ZIM dollar. A loaf of bread costs few millions zim dollar I hear.

i think its not that much, 100-200 dollars may be..

KaaL-PurusH
March 31, 2013, 03:16 AM

Prize money always paid in US$:up:

wktkeeper
March 31, 2013, 03:31 AM
1.00 usd = 361.900 zwd

BD_TigerZ
March 31, 2013, 12:11 PM
Drop the selectors for gods sake.

Axe

Srk
Sunny
Abul
SN

Give vc to shakib/nasir

Give shabbir a debut in shorter formats ahead of momniul.
Give babu a debut.

Dilscoop
March 31, 2013, 12:49 PM
I expect these guys to be complacent and incompetent being the "better" team that they are, and lose a game or two. Also expect the usual choke. See you in 17 days!

Dilscoop
March 31, 2013, 01:23 PM
At least real Mushy is coming back! Much needed for Gazi and Shakib.

Tiger Manc
March 31, 2013, 01:45 PM
I expect these guys to be complacent and incompetent being the "better" team that they are, and lose a game or two. Also expect the usual choke. See you in 17 days!

I agree. I think it'll be 2-0 to Zimbabwe in the Test series. 2-1 to Zimbabwe in the ODI series. 1-1 in the T20 series.

AsifTheManRahman
March 31, 2013, 02:04 PM
If not 2-0, then 1-0 to Zimbabwe in the Test series. Pathetic.

ReZ_1
March 31, 2013, 02:04 PM
I agree. I think it'll be 2-0 to Zimbabwe in the Test series. 2-1 to Zimbabwe in the ODI series. 1-1 in the T20 series.

if something like this happens i will abandon myself from watching games for the next 1 year

AsifTheManRahman
March 31, 2013, 02:11 PM
Is Mash going to be fit? Can he bowl 15 overs an inning? Pick him. Much better than 30 overs from Abul. Shakib and Gazi can pick up the balance.

Is Nazmul going to be fit? For God's sake, pick him.

Don't bowl Mash in the death though, no matter how masochistic you're feeling.

cricman
March 31, 2013, 02:29 PM
Is Mash going to be fit? Can he bowl 15 overs an inning? Pick him. Much better than 30 overs from Abul. Shakib and Gazi can pick up the balance.

Is Nazmul going to be fit? For God's sake, pick him.

Don't bowl Mash in the death though, no matter how masochistic you're feeling.

All we need is 7 overs with each new ball. He can stay off the field and bat at #11 for all I care.

Shakib was ineffective in the last Test in Harare. The spinners will get no help

wktkeeper
March 31, 2013, 02:35 PM
mash in death overs against zimbabwe, no way. cant repeat his earlier bashing in zimbabwe, also in ipl and bpl :)

Dilscoop
March 31, 2013, 03:56 PM
mash in death overs against zimbabwe, no way. cant repeat his earlier bashing in zimbabwe, also in ipl and bpl :)

We have ZERO death bowlers. Infect we never had any. I know that guy Taposh was decent.

I miss Rafique.

al Furqaan
March 31, 2013, 04:43 PM
All we need is 7 overs with each new ball. He can stay off the field and bat at #11 for all I care.

Shakib was ineffective in the last Test in Harare. The spinners will get no help

I thought Shakib was ineffective also...but he took 4 wickets at 30 apiece. Not terrible. Thing with ZIM is their technique is so poor against spin even the HSC track might not help them. Gazi and Shak should get bagfuls. On the other hand even a seam friendly track will render Abul and Rajib and Rubel impotent.

Rifat
April 1, 2013, 12:41 AM
Quick question: Is Shafiul Islam fit yet?

BD_TigerZ
April 1, 2013, 12:44 AM
If not 2-0, then 1-0 to Zimbabwe in the Test series. Pathetic.

Bhai could you link me the fixtures and tours upcoming thread..cant find it.

Rifat
April 1, 2013, 01:20 AM
my TEST XI + Lineup :

1. Jahural Islam
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Shakib al Hasan
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Mominul Haque
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Shohag Gazi
9. Abul Hasan
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Robiul Islam

my ODI + T20 XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Mohammad Ashraful
3. Shakib al Hasan
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Mahmudullah Riyad
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mominul Haque
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Shohag Gazi
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Nazmul Hossain

Naimul_Hd
April 1, 2013, 01:23 AM
Can't wait for this series man. Specially after losing to SL in T20 :(

I hope Zim will be looking forward to this series too. Both the team have many things to prove !

Nadim
April 1, 2013, 04:51 AM
OMG! Rifat bhai, you are planing to play 3 clueless seamers? :o

BD_TigerZ
April 1, 2013, 05:12 AM

:up::up:

cricheart
April 1, 2013, 10:07 AM
I'm in favour for 3 seamers also but Abul not among them for sure.

M.H.Rubel
April 1, 2013, 01:07 PM
Without Tamim top order will be a big issue.
My test team:
1. Jahurul Islam
2. SN/Ash
3. Ash/Mominul
4. Riyad/Naeem
5.Shakib al Hasan
6.Mushfiqur Rahim
7.Nasir Hossain
8. Shohag Gazi
9. Rubel/Shahadat
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Robiul Islam

ReZ_1
April 1, 2013, 01:31 PM
I'm in favour for 3 seamers also but Abul not among them for sure.

why bro why??? zims are weak against spin. do we have the resource to take advantage of the seaming wicket?

wktkeeper
April 1, 2013, 01:35 PM
our test opening pair will be a big problem. i do not want to see ash opening in test. in that case we need someone with omi to open the innings. shak is coming back to the team so, we have to drop someone. based on mominuls performance in last few innings, he must be in the team and someone else need to be replaced (may be riyadh). we have to wait and see who makes to the final 15 (nayeem, SN, enamul jr) and then pick the playing 11

Hasan2k8
April 1, 2013, 01:39 PM
No offense to Zim. Expect undefeated tour.

shovon13
April 1, 2013, 02:11 PM
Listen to what Steyn says about SA's first ever series win in Australia - link (http://youtu.be/2BKIgR59-EA?t=4m19s)

Steyn describes what that win meant to him and his teammates. A few of his teammates - Kallis, Boucher, Ntini - they had been trying to win a series in Australia their entire careers. They became teary eyed after getting this win. Steyn, a relatively fresher player in the team, was genuinely happy that he was able to help his teammates achieve something like this. He also calls his team a family and mentions his teammates as brothers.

I believe this ingredient is the next necessity in our progression as a team. We have talented individuals who are performing constantly and responsibly. Now, if our players begin to play for each other, if they begin to bet on the success of their team and their teammates with their own sweat and determination, then our team will become world beaters. We already have the necessary talent for this.

shuziburo
April 1, 2013, 03:30 PM
We cannot lose in ZIM. Simply cannot!

Nadim
April 1, 2013, 03:36 PM
[বাংলা]জিম্বাবুয়েতেই টেস্টে ফিরছেন মাশরাফি!
[/বাংলা]
http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=news&pub_no=1200&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=3

This would be a very gd news if Mash can make it. Then we don't have to :hairpull: any more. Well, atleast the new ball won't be wasted

roman
April 1, 2013, 04:14 PM
Don't know if Mash has what it takes to come back at test cricket. He has not played first class matches for many days now. We dont know if his knees can handle pressure of test cricket. He should play few first class matches first

Ajfar
April 1, 2013, 04:20 PM
I doubt Mash will be back in Test. KK is probably hyping up the story a little too much. Mash knows one more injury and he might be done for EVER. It's not worth the risk.

Miraz
April 1, 2013, 04:24 PM
I am afraid he will break down in the first innings and we will lose him for rest of the series.

If he can maintain his fitness, he is the best we ever had.

mufi_02
April 1, 2013, 04:26 PM
I doubt Mash will be back in Test. KK is probably hyping up the story a little too much. Mash knows one more injury and he might be done for EVER. It's not worth the risk.

PA and NewAgeBD also reported it. They are quoting Akram and he said he wants to see Mash. But I think its only a stop-gap solution. Time for new bloods not bolods.

al Furqaan
April 1, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mash should just bowl 5-6 overs with each new ball. Still better than what the other pacers can give. Neither he nor anyone else can really do damage with the old ball, so its not like we need a pacer who can bowl 30 overs per innings.

22Yards
April 1, 2013, 08:17 PM
Jahurul
Ashraful
Nafees/Naeem
Mominul
Shakib
Mushfiq
Nasir
Riyad
Gazi
Enamul Haq
Nazmul

auntu
April 1, 2013, 08:36 PM
I hope SN would be back to the squad. We need him in the top as both Anamul & as well as Tamim might be unavailable for the serirs.
There is no alternative of winning in ZIM. No way.

Rifat
April 1, 2013, 11:19 PM

Enamul jr. is a good option, but with Shakib and Gazi and on Zimbabwe tracks that offer little for spinners, i think it is a good choice because Abul showed a lot of promise with the ball(consistency still remains problematic), but In Sha Allah he will become good if he gets more exposure to international cricket.

Nazmul's line and length should trouble batsmen in every format, especially on seam-friendly wickets.

Robiul impressed Alhamdulillah against Sri Lanka. The improvement is crystal clear since his debut in Lords 2010 against England. If We can use him correctly, it wouldn't be such a bad idea if he can chip away with useful wickets every spell.

I was deeply thinking about how to include bechara(poor fellow) Enamul Haque jr. the spinner. If Nazmul is still injured, he can take that spot.

M.H.Rubel
April 2, 2013, 01:16 AM
In ZIM,with Shakib and Ghazi we need no more spinners. Nazmul will be effective there. So my bowling will be.
Shakib
Gazi
Nazmul
Robiul.
Shahadat/Abul/Rubel

wktkeeper
April 2, 2013, 01:40 AM
no more shahadat in zimbabwe tour, even in test. the guy is just getting married, his performance will not be good ;)

Rabz
April 2, 2013, 01:59 AM
I would like to quote myself about the 3 pacer issue, which I have posted in this thread few days earlier.

Bhaaai, you really think our 3 pacers are going to win us any games ?

Remember this ?

firstlane
April 2, 2013, 06:59 AM
Many of you kept Nazmul in your test eleven. I don't think selectors will consider Nazmul for tests.

Nadim
April 2, 2013, 07:48 AM
nazmul is injured too. Need an operation so don't think he will play.

I hope shafiul is fit again. Should give him a go in test.

SS
April 2, 2013, 12:56 PM
Phast bowler der obostha ja Zimb batsmen can't wait any longer to score tons...they are so good as a team also

Zobair
April 2, 2013, 03:55 PM
Lets play to our strengths. Load the test side up with quality spinners- Shakib, Sohag and Enam - regardless of the pitch and expose the weakness of the Zimbabweans to quality spin.

Roni_uk
April 2, 2013, 10:03 PM
Amader Shahadat fit naki?

BD_TigerZ
April 3, 2013, 12:21 AM
Tamim ki khelbe??

wktkeeper
April 3, 2013, 12:35 AM
tamim 2nd Test theke fit thakbe. tamim ke ODI aar T20 te must pawa jabe.

nsuRocks
April 3, 2013, 06:05 AM
my team

1.Jahurul
2.Nafees (considering Tamim and Anam unavailable)
3.Ashraful
4.Mushfiq
5.Nasir
6.Shakib
7. Mominul
8. Naeem Islam (in place of Riad)
9.Gazi
10.Rubel
11.Robiul

We should go with 8 batsmen with a clear intent of drawing the 1st match. If we manage to score 500 runs then Shakib and Gazi can take the 20 wickets. What we should consider is that even the Great Murali managed to take 17 wickets in 4 test matches at Harare so we will need 2 pacers and hope they get their lines and length on the spot. If we draw we can take another bowler in the 2nd match and since it will be in the same venue the decision of another spinner/pacer can easily be taken based on the 1st match results/experience. I like Jahurul because of his intent to spend long hours on the wicket. We need someone like that who will spend time in the wicket. Nafees has experience in Zimbabwe conditions but will need to play longer innings if he intends to continue playing test cricket even as a backup option.Rubel will need to prove whether he can use his pace in test cricket. If he fails to bother/control Zim batsmen he will no more remain a longterm test option (16 test matches with non existent success). Naeem has a tendency to stay in the wicket for long hours which is why I prefer him over the flamboyant Mahmudullah who is better suited for ODI's and T-20 cricket. However if Naeem shows too much shakiness against Zimbabwe pace then Riad can come back. Mini-allrounders at number 8 protect number 7 batsmen like Nasir/ Mominul from having to Shepard tailenders and in the process not being able to play their normal game.
Noticing that a lot of talk is going on about Zim's recent failures to play spin in Windies .conditions will be better suited for them in Zimbabwe and Masakadza, Sibanda, Taylor will be much more confident in home conditions. Unless our seamers take 2-3 wickets per innings I dont see Bangladesh taking 20 wickets. If we play 4 specialist bowlers excluding Shakib we should take 3 seamers if Mashrafe/Nazmul/Shofiul are available. If Rubel plays Abul should be dropped and vice versa.
Cheers

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 06:20 AM
my team

1.Jahurul
2.Nafees (considering Tamim and Anam unavailable)
3.Ashraful
4.Mushfiq
5.Nasir
6.Shakib
7. Mominul
8. Naeem Islam (in place of Riad)
9.Gazi
10.Rubel
11.Robiul

We should go with 8 batsmen with a clear intent of drawing the 1st match. If we manage to score 500 runs then Shakib and Gazi can take the 20 wickets. What we should consider is that even the Great Murali managed to take 17 wickets in 4 test matches at Harare so we will need 2 pacers and hope they get their lines and length on the spot. If we draw we can take another bowler in the 2nd match and since it will be in the same venue the decision of another spinner/pacer can easily be taken based on the 1st match results/experience. I like Jahurul because of his intent to spend long hours on the wicket. We need someone like that who will spend time in the wicket. Nafees has experience in Zimbabwe conditions but will need to play longer innings if he intends to continue playing test cricket even as a backup option.Rubel will need to prove whether he can use his pace in test cricket. If he fails to bother/control Zim batsmen he will no more remain a longterm test option (16 test matches with non existent success). Naeem has a tendency to stay in the wicket for long hours which is why I prefer him over the flamboyant Mahmudullah who is better suited for ODI's and T-20 cricket. However if Naeem shows too much shakiness against Zimbabwe pace then Riad can come back. Mini-allrounders at number 8 protect number 7 batsmen like Nasir/ Mominul from having to Shepard tailenders and in the process not being able to play their normal game.
Noticing that a lot of talk is going on about Zim's recent failures to play spin in Windies .conditions will be better suited for them in Zimbabwe and Masakadza, Sibanda, Taylor will be much more confident in home conditions. Unless our seamers take 2-3 wickets per innings I dont see Bangladesh taking 20 wickets. If we play 4 specialist bowlers excluding Shakib we should take 3 seamers if Mashrafe/Nazmul/Shofiul are available. If Rubel plays Abul should be dropped and vice versa.
Cheers

jahurul yes.
SN just no please, no imrul or nazimuddin either, i'd prefer junaid overthem but possibly shamsur or even soumya.
ash yes.
mushy yes but not #4 though, probably #6.
nasir yes but not batting at #5, #7 is his spot keep him there he's doing great.
shakib yes. but batting at #5.
mominul yes but batting at #4.
naeem probably not, riyad at #8 has a great record and is a more effective bowler than naeem. but possibly a bowler over both.
gazi yes.
rubel maybe.
robiul maybe.

i would like to try some different pacers tbh.

BANFAN
April 3, 2013, 09:01 AM
As per the last performance ...Nayeem will be opening with Either SN or Jahurul, if Tamim isn't playing.... Mullah will be there at #7/8

Nayeem in number 8 is just waste of space... In any format...

M.H.Rubel
April 3, 2013, 09:46 AM
As per the last performance ...Nayeem will be opening with Either SN or Jahurul, if Tamim isn't playing.... Mullah will be there at #7/8

Nayeem in number 8 is just waste of space... In any format...

Do you really think that Naeem is an opening material in test cricket?

roman
April 3, 2013, 09:56 AM
Test team

Zahir
SN
Ash
Naeem
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Gazi
Robiul
Rubel

No Mash please

Nadim
April 3, 2013, 10:31 AM
Test team

Zahir
SN
Ash
Naeem
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Gazi
Robiul
Rubel

No Mash please

Mominul nai? i would open with nayeem and Mominul at 4. He doesn't deserve to be drop

roman
April 3, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mominul nai? i would open with nayeem and Mominul at 4. He doesn't deserve to be drop

I would love to drop Riyad and play Mominul. But Riyad is playing, so is Naeem based on his 100+ once in a life time innings. SN Zim re paile kemon jani hoye jay :)

Ashol kotha koi, team korar shomoy Mominul er kotha bhule gesilam :D

crikss
April 3, 2013, 10:41 AM
I think its time to give opportunity to some other pace bowler in place of Rubel. He averages almost 75 even after playing 15 test match. Its more than enough. Selectors should take a look at NCL performances and pick some another Pacers like Talha Jubair, Sajidul or Babu.

Nadim
April 3, 2013, 10:43 AM
Alauddin Babu is an option if Slectors want someone young. Or Shuvashis Roy (injury prone) Kamrul Islam Rabbi is injured so no chance.

Alauddin Babu is better version of Reza, who can bowl around 135kph and also can be handy with the bat.

I see no other option.

hope Shafi will be fit...

M.H.Rubel
April 3, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yes pace bowling is a big issue. In the track Rubel seems not a bad bowler but he can not pick the wickets. This is the reason ultimately we have to think about Shahadat.

Nadim
April 3, 2013, 12:05 PM
[বাংলা]সাকিব এবং তামিমের খেলার ব্যাপারে নিশ্চিত হয়েছেন প্রধান নির্বাচক,‘সাকিব তামিম ফিট হয়ে গেছে। তামিম হয়তো প্রথম টেস্টে না খেলে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টে খেলবে। নাজমুল, রাজু পারবে না। শফিউল ফিট হয়ে গেছে। ওয়ানডে খেলতে পারবে।’[/বাংলা]

Shak and Tamim will play the Test series. Tamim unlikely for the 1st test but can play the 2nd :D Nazmul and Raju out of the Test series. Shafi is fit too

[বাংলা]হারারে স্পোর্টস ক্লাব মাঠে ২০১১ সালে একম্যাচ টেস্ট সিরিজ (১-০) এবং পাঁচ ম্যাচ ওয়ানডে সিরিজ ৩-২ ব্যবধানে হেরেছিল বাংলাদেশ। এবার ওই মাঠেই দুই ম্যাচ টেস্ট সিরিজ রেখেছে। এজন্য সেরা পেস বোলারদের স্কোয়াডে আশা করেছিলেন নির্বাচরা। আবুল হাসান রাজু এবং নাজমুল হোসেন চোটে থাকায় এযাত্রায় তাদেরকে পাচ্ছে না। তার মানে জিম্বাবুয়েতেও পেস বোলিংয়ে ঘাটতি নিয়ে যেতে হচ্ছে। এনিয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচক ব্যাখ্যা,‘হারারের উইকেট ফাস্ট বোলারদের পক্ষে থাকবে। আমাদের বিশ্বাস ওখানে ওরা ভালো করবে। কিন্তু নাজমুল, রাজুকে রাখা যাচ্ছে না। তার মানে ফাস্ট বোলিংয়ে ঘাটতি থেকেই যাচ্ছে। ব্যাটসম্যানদের মতো বোলারদের মধ্যে যারা সুযোগ পাচ্ছে তারাও যদি ভালো করে আমার মনে হয় সমস্যাটা আর চোখে পড়বে না।’[/বাংলা]
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b09c6c4112651be0487a3a20c8e48 b0a&nttl=20130403084241186454

I hope SRK doesn't get pick...i would rather take Akram Chaccu as a bowler than SRK :sick:

BTW don't be surprise if we end up playing SRK, Robiul and Rubel all 3 in the first test @ Harare. Karon ekhane phast bowling der sahajjo korbe-Akram chaccu to tai bollo :-|

simon
April 3, 2013, 12:07 PM
Zimbabwe ke haraite abar eto jolpona kolpona korte hoy naki ? chokkhu buija egarojon ke pick korlei hoy, just make shure SN is in, bakita bhaggo...

simon
April 3, 2013, 12:13 PM
[বাংলা]সাকিব এবং তামিমের খেলার ব্যাপারে নিশ্চিত হয়েছেন প্রধান নির্বাচক,‘সাকিব তামিম ফিট হয়ে গেছে। তামিম হয়তো প্রথম টেস্টে না খেলে দ্বিতীয় টেস্টে খেলবে। নাজমুল, রাজু পারবে না। শফিউল ফিট হয়ে গেছে। ওয়ানডে খেলতে পারবে।’[/বাংলা]

Shak and Tamim will play the Test series. Tamim unlikely for the 1st test but can play the 2nd :D Nazmul and Raju out of the Test series. Shafi is fit too

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b09c6c4112651be0487a3a20c8e48 b0a&nttl=20130403084241186454

I hope SRK doesn't get pick...i would rather take Akram Chaccu as a bowler than SRK :sick:

BTW don't be surprise if we end up playing SRK, Robiul and Rubel all 3 in the first test @ Harare. Karon ekhane phast bowling der sahajjo korbe-Akram chaccu to tai bollo :-|

eibhabe lekhe keno? amito bhabsi era oggyan hoya gesey.

Anyway,good news but if Raju & Stepson not playing means Rubel & the other bowler I forgot his name will play.
What about Shophi ?
SRK hopefully won't play, currently he is the "Enemy of the state" , public kheipa achey,

Nadim
April 3, 2013, 12:18 PM

Anyway,good news but if Raju & Stepson not playing means Rubel & the other bowler I forgot his name will play.
What about Shophi ?
SRK hopefully won't play, currently he is the "Enemy of the state" , public kheipa achey,

Banglish mare ;)

M.H.Rubel
April 3, 2013, 12:34 PM
this is good news that players are getting fit. Still Tamim will not be fit before 1st test this is a big concern.

AsifTheManRahman
April 3, 2013, 01:05 PM
Akram still thinks Abul is a front-line bowler. Why Hasina why did you have to meddle with Loitta's business?

shuziburo
April 3, 2013, 01:45 PM
My test team
1. Jahurul
2. Ashraful
3. Mominul
4. Mushfiqur
5. Shakib
6. Riyad
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Enamul Jnr
10. Rubel
11. Robiul
I would be fine with only one of Rubel/Robiul and getting another spinner (Mosharrof?) or a pace all rounder (Babu?).

shuziburo
April 3, 2013, 01:45 PM
Akram still thinks Abul is a front-line bowler. Why Hasina why did you have to meddle with Loitta's business?

Didn't you know that Abul can bowl phast?

shuziburo
April 3, 2013, 01:46 PM

What about Shophi ?

With our selectors, Shahadat the hatrick boy, might very well play.

Nadim
April 3, 2013, 02:05 PM
MY XI for the first test and 15 for the series:

1) Jahirul (deserve another chance)
2) SN (No Tamim so have to be him)
3) Asraful
4) Mominul
5) Riyad (Last chance for him...am too generous) Shakib Al Hassan (forgot about him):-|
6) Mushy
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Shafiul
10) Rubel
11) Enamul Haque jr
+++++++++++++++++

12) Tamim (should be fit to play 2nd test)
13) Riyad (Can he play as a opener? Then i'll take him instead of SN ;))
14) Robiul
15) Nayeem

cricman
April 3, 2013, 03:17 PM
Robiul is better than Rubel

roman
April 3, 2013, 04:00 PM
According to PA, Sajedul might make a come back and Taskin is not in our selector's mind. They want to give him more time...

Maple1900
April 3, 2013, 04:14 PM
What happened tobTaposh!

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 04:28 PM

3) Asraful
4) Mominul
5) Riyad (Last chance for him...am too generous) Shakib Al Hassan (forgot about him):-|
6) Mushy
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Shafiul
10) Rubel
11) Enamul Haque jr
+++++++++++++++++

14) Robiul
15) Nayeem

I agree with your whole squad except the fact that you're taking 2 backup middle order batsmen. I'd rather take a backup spinner instead. Brings in better balance to our squad. So for me, Razzak comes in and Naeem goes out. Just read that Shafiul will only be available for ODI's and T20I's. Interesting to see who they pick as the other pacer. Won't be surprised if it's Shahadat.

Nadim
April 3, 2013, 04:47 PM
According to PA, Sajedul might make a come back and Taskin is not in our selector's mind. They want to give him more time...

Task in is busy with exam anyway :lol:

Shehwar
April 3, 2013, 04:50 PM

3) Asraful
4) Mominul
6) Mushy
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Shafiul
10) Rubel
11) Enamul Haque jr
+++++++++++++++++

14) Robiul
15) Nayeem

SN is a must! Look at his average against Zimbabwe compared to his overall career in ODIs! He has played only 1 test against them in which he also cracked a fifty! Shahriar Nafees averaging 55.50 against Zimbabwe (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56153.html?class=2;opposition=9;template=results;t ype=allround)

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 05:23 PM
actually yeah possibly naeem could open. as for pacers if kamrul rabbi is injured there's still sajidul, babu and kazi kamrul. in the last 3 tests rubel has averaged 50, strike rate of 90, far better than his career record but still no good. i'd say take robiul and the 2nd pacer spot goes to one of sajidul, babu or kazi.

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 05:24 PM
SN is a must! Look at his average against Zimbabwe compared to his overall career in ODIs! He has played only 1 test against them in which he also cracked a fifty! Shahriar Nafees averaging 55.50 against Zimbabwe (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56153.html?class=2;opposition=9;template=results;t ype=allround)

don't mix up one-day performance with test performance, besides SN is a lost cause we need to develop better options and zimbabwe is a good team to blood someone or at least test them and see where they are at.

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 06:37 PM
don't mix up one-day performance with test performance, besides SN is a lost cause we need to develop better options and zimbabwe is a good team to blood someone or at least test them and see where they are at.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of SN, it's harsh to say he's a lost cause. He might have played a lot of matches and might not have been all that successful but he's still only 27 years old. We said the same about Ash but look at how well he just did in SL. We don't know how long it'll last but he did well there. Also there aren't too many good options out there with our top order batsmen. Shamsur has been an inconsistent batsman in the longer form, Imrul is even more inconsistent, Junaid could be also given a look but he too is very inconsistent and let Soumya bat well 1st in domestics before giving him a call. Remember he's no Anamul. Yet to score an FC century and had an average of only a 23 in U19s. So options aren't very good out there ATM. So I wouldn't mind giving SN another go but he has to make it count.

KaaL-PurusH
April 3, 2013, 06:40 PM
Why everyone is picking only 3 specialist bowler their team? We can't take 20 wickets with 3 specialist + shakib+ few part timer. We will probably lose our best bowlers prematurely if we continue to play test cricket such strategy. This a disgusting strategy to play cricket

BANFAN
April 3, 2013, 07:14 PM

Oi Shorno Juger average dia ki aar kichu hobey? I don't think, he will get a chance to play. Nayeem will take him place and Riyad will surely play even if we don't like. If Tamim comes, then Jahurul might be Axed...

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 08:20 PM
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of SN, it's harsh to say he's a lost cause. He might have played a lot of matches and might not have been all that successful but he's still only 27 years old. We said the same about Ash but look at how well he just did in SL. We don't know how long it'll last but he did well there. Also there aren't too many good options out there with our top order batsmen. Shamsur has been an inconsistent batsman in the longer form, Imrul is even more inconsistent, Junaid could be also given a look but he too is very inconsistent and let Soumya bat well 1st in domestics before giving him a call. Remember he's no Anamul. Yet to score an FC century and had an average of only a 23 in U19s. So options aren't very good out there ATM. So I wouldn't mind giving SN another go but he has to make it count.

yes lost cause might be harsh but i don't think he should be anywhere near the test team atm, and ash, well it's just one series and he's done that beofre so his consistency remains to be seen. naeem could be given a chance opening, i want to keep mominul at #4, #8 is to low for him and there is nowhere else in the order other than opener, he can battle with jahurul for the 2nd opener spot. otherwise bring in a youngster who hasn't been tried, i know shamsur has been inconsistent and soumya hasn't even scored an FC ton but shamsur has improved his consistency each year and he's not hit his prime yet so he should keep on improving, soumya despite not having an FC century is still pretty consistent in FCs (well by BD standards, also can bowl some pace) and also it's only going to be for 1 series potentially only 1 test match so i personally don't might giving a youngster a try in that context, doubt he'd do any worse than SN, imrul, nazimuddin, junaid, shamsur etc.

i don't expect people to agree with what i just said, i myself see the flaws and inconsistencies in the logic, i'm just fed up with guys like SN, imrul, nazimuddin, junaid, the newer guys may be no different but i'd still prefer to give them a go.

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 08:22 PM
Why everyone is picking only 3 specialist bowler their team? We can't take 20 wickets with 3 specialist + shakib+ few part timer. We will probably lose our best bowlers prematurely if we continue to play test cricket such strategy. This a disgusting strategy to play cricket

personally i'd go with 4 specialist bowlers, 2 pacers, 2 spinners plus shakib. shakib's return to the team will not only strengthen the bowling but also the batting so no need for a batsman/batting allrounder to be at #8, we need to bowling strength more.

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 08:42 PM
yes lost cause might be harsh but i don't think he should be anywhere near the test team atm, and ash, well it's just one series and he's done that beofre so his consistency remains to be seen. naeem could be given a chance opening, i want to keep mominul at #4, #8 is to low for him and there is nowhere else in the order other than opener, he can battle with jahurul for the 2nd opener spot. otherwise bring in a youngster who hasn't been tried, i know shamsur has been inconsistent and soumya hasn't even scored an FC ton but shamsur has improved his consistency each year and he's not hit his prime yet so he should keep on improving, soumya despite not having an FC century is still pretty consistent in FCs (well by BD standards, also can bowl some pace) and also it's only going to be for 1 series potentially only 1 test match so i personally don't might giving a youngster a try in that context, doubt he'd do any worse than SN, imrul, nazimuddin, junaid, shamsur etc.

i don't expect people to agree with what i just said, i myself see the flaws and inconsistencies in the logic, i'm just fed up with guys like SN, imrul, nazimuddin, junaid, the newer guys may be no different but i'd still prefer to give them a go.

I always respect your opinions Gowza. I understand what your saying as well. SN, Imrul, Junaid and Nazim haven't been good. The problem I have with Soumya is that he had just 3 50s in 20 innings. Anamul's also very young but he showed far more consistency and the ability to score big runs compared to Soumya. He actually deserved getting the call up. Can't say the same about Soumya unfortunately. 1st let him outperform guys like SN, Junaid, and Imrul in the domestic circuit and then we can think about him being in.

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 08:51 PM
actually yeah possibly naeem could open. as for pacers if kamrul rabbi is injured there's still sajidul, babu and kazi kamrul. in the last 3 tests rubel has averaged 50, strike rate of 90, far better than his career record but still no good. i'd say take robiul and the 2nd pacer spot goes to one of sajidul, babu or kazi.

Rubel and Robiul did bowl pretty well in the 2nd Test match against SL. So they should stay on. Shahadat on the other hand needs to go. I'd definitely consider Sajidul. He's only 25 and has a very impressive FC average. Alauddin also is an option. I kow this isn't a popular option but Farhad Reza could be an option. He's been a consistent performer in FCs and can provide handy runs down the order.

M.H.Rubel
April 3, 2013, 09:18 PM
A nearly full-strength Bangladesh side is expected to tour Zimbabwe this month as a number of players who missed out on the series against
Sri Lanka due to fitness issues—including all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan— have received positive signals from the team’s physio and will be in contention for selection. . . . . . . . . http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/news/stars-expected-to-make-zimbabwe-tour/

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 09:34 PM
I always respect your opinions Gowza. I understand what your saying as well. SN, Imrul, Junaid and Nazim haven't been good. The problem I have with Soumya is that he had just 3 50s in 20 innings. Anamul's also very young but he showed far more consistency and the ability to score big runs compared to Soumya. He actually deserved getting the call up. Can't say the same about Soumya unfortunately. 1st let him outperform guys like SN, Junaid, and Imrul in the domestic circuit and then we can think about him being in.

asif ahmed perhaps then...soumya hasn't done that bad compared to the others in the last FC season, he averaged about 29, imrul was at 32, SN at 28, junaid 31, asif 32. actually what is suprising is imrul out did all of them. SS had 3 50s, imrul 1 ton and 5 50s, SN 1 50 (less innings but still similar average), junaid 1 ton 1 50 (also less innings), asif 1 ton 1 50 (again less innings). SS and imrul both played 20 innings, the others were all 13 or less but still a decent sample size, all pretty similar averages but SN is the lowest out of them.

going by this i still wouldn't pick SN as he was the worst of the bunch, imrul despite doing the best just has had too many poor test innings to get back in off the back of one ok season, junaid also just had an ok season saved by that big 181 innings otherwise it would have been horrible but his test record is better than imrul's which is why i put his name up for consisderation, and asif has no test experience, and although he had just an ok season like the others he's had some really good seasons in the past and has managed to keep his average just under 40 at 39 (although he doesn't really open these days, but he use to).

there really isn't any standouts, so if a player is to get an opportunity and it's only going to be for 1 maybe 2 tests then i'd go with the one with the potential who hasn't been test yet.

think of it this way, SN, imrul and junaid have all been tried and tested and their domestic seasons weren't extra special enough to pick them ahead of anyone else. soumya and asif are both yet to be tested, had similar seasons and have potential possibly more than SN, imrul and junaid. it gives them a small amount of experience which could really help them in the long run, that experience most likely won't help SN, imrul or junaid at this point.

in all that forgot about shamsur, his FC season looked like this: average 35.93, 19 innings 1 ton and 3 50s, he had 3 not outs though. as far as not outs for the others SS and imrul both had 1 not out and the others had none. so shamsur had the highest averages but still quite a similar season.

and nazimuddin averaged 30 from 9 innings with 2 not outs and 2 50s so he doesn't standout either.

looking at all of that i'd still go with a new youngster, they'll know it's a limited short time opportunity to show what they're made of but have the chance to leave an impression for future series, especially since the 2nd opener spot isn't locked and sealed by anyone yet.

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 09:39 PM
Rubel and Robiul did bowl pretty well in the 2nd Test match against SL. So they should stay on. Shahadat on the other hand needs to go. I'd definitely consider Sajidul. He's only 25 and has a very impressive FC average. Alauddin also is an option. I kow this isn't a popular option but Farhad Reza could be an option. He's been a consistent performer in FCs and can provide handy runs down the order.

rubel is borderline for me atm (for tests), if he is given this series i think it's going to decide whether he is kept long term or if they are to drop him and look to someone else. if he is given the series and has a poor showing i think he should be dropped, however he's still young and has a lot of potential so hopefully he'd comeback strong from it.

sajidul has swing and decent pace, not sure what his line and length/accuracy/control is like these days. i do remember when he first got called up he was a bit wayward but he didn't get much of an opportunity so might be worth giving him another especially since the potential is there, he just came off a good FC season and he's a bit more seasoned but still young.

babu had a good FC season but at the same time it's just one, has impressed though but so did abu jayed and al amin in the season before last. kazi kamrul has a really good FC record and is a lefty like sajidul which is a variation to think about.

i would prefer to test babu than go back to reza.

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 09:52 PM
asif ahmed perhaps then...soumya hasn't done that bad compared to the others in the last FC season, he averaged about 29, imrul was at 32, SN at 28, junaid 31, asif 32. actually what is suprising is imrul out did all of them. SS had 3 50s, imrul 1 ton and 5 50s, SN 1 50 (less innings but still similar average), junaid 1 ton 1 50 (also less innings), asif 1 ton 1 50 (again less innings). SS and imrul both played 20 innings, the others were all 13 or less but still a decent sample size, all pretty similar averages but SN is the lowest out of them.

going by this i still wouldn't pick SN as he was the worst of the bunch, imrul despite doing the best just has had too many poor test innings to get back in off the back of one ok season, junaid also just had an ok season saved by that big 181 innings otherwise it would have been horrible but his test record is better than imrul's which is why i put his name up for consisderation, and asif has no test experience, and although he had just an ok season like the others he's had some really good seasons in the past and has managed to keep his average just under 40 at 39 (although he doesn't really open these days, but he use to).

there really isn't any standouts, so if a player is to get an opportunity and it's only going to be for 1 maybe 2 tests then i'd go with the one with the potential who hasn't been test yet.

think of it this way, SN, imrul and junaid have all been tried and tested and their domestic seasons weren't extra special enough to pick them ahead of anyone else. soumya and asif are both yet to be tested, had similar seasons and have potential possibly more than SN, imrul and junaid. it gives them a small amount of experience which could really help them in the long run, that experience most likely won't help SN, imrul or junaid at this point.

in all that forgot about shamsur, his FC season looked like this: average 35.93, 19 innings 1 ton and 3 50s, he had 3 not outs though. as far as not outs for the others SS and imrul both had 1 not out and the others had none. so shamsur had the highest averages but still quite a similar season.

and nazimuddin averaged 30 from 9 innings with 2 not outs and 2 50s so he doesn't standout either.

looking at all of that i'd still go with a new youngster, they'll know it's a limited short time opportunity to show what they're made of but have the chance to leave an impression for future series, especially since the 2nd opener spot isn't locked and sealed by anyone yet.

Fair enough. Those are actually good points you made. Unfortunately I don't see the selectors thinking along the same lines as you but we should try to work in the likes of Soumya and Asif since the other top order batsmen haven't really done well.

Tiger444
April 3, 2013, 09:54 PM
rubel is borderline for me atm (for tests), if he is given this series i think it's going to decide whether he is kept long term or if they are to drop him and look to someone else. if he is given the series and has a poor showing i think he should be dropped, however he's still young and has a lot of potential so hopefully he'd comeback strong from it.

sajidul has swing and decent pace, not sure what his line and length/accuracy/control is like these days. i do remember when he first got called up he was a bit wayward but he didn't get much of an opportunity so might be worth giving him another especially since the potential is there, he just came off a good FC season and he's a bit more seasoned but still young.

babu had a good FC season but at the same time it's just one, has impressed though but so did abu jayed and al amin in the season before last. kazi kamrul has a really good FC record and is a lefty like sajidul which is a variation to think about.

i would prefer to test babu than go back to reza.

Ya I think this is a very important series for Rubel as well. No excuses for him to not perform against Zimbabwe.

I agree also I'd rather try Babu rather than Reza. Sajidul should be picked ahead on current form.

Murad
April 3, 2013, 10:15 PM
Seems like Sajedul will be selected.

He will be a good addition to our pace squad. Hope they don't select Shahadat again.

Abul Hasan is injured and will miss the tour.

Shafiul still having trouble bowling. Will miss the Test series. Might join in for the ODIs and T20Is.

Gowza
April 3, 2013, 10:21 PM

He will be a good addition to our pace squad. Hope they don't select Shahadat again.

Shafiul still having trouble bowling. Will miss the Test series. Might join in for the ODIs and T20Is.

Hopefully babu gets picked ahead of shahadat.

Night_wolf
April 3, 2013, 11:52 PM

:notworthy: thank god..thats the only way one can keep bradman out

Jadukor
April 4, 2013, 12:17 AM

Ato dine Sajedul er kotha mone hoise
Er aag porjonto Akram khan er mon jure chilo shahadat. Harar aage buddhi khulle valo hoito

Gowza
April 4, 2013, 12:45 AM
i never like players to be injured but with all these pacer injuries it will force the selectors to try someone else, that's a good thing imo. i don't have a grudge against them giving guys like abul a chance but when it's clear they're not ready they need to look for different options and they haven't done that. shahadat's selection on the other hand, there is just no common sense as to why they keep picking him. what they should have been doing in the last couple of series was sticking with rubel, trying abul and trying another prospect rather than shahadat.

cricman
April 4, 2013, 12:45 AM
Last time Dollar did damage in Zimbabwe ... He was able to get sharp swing with the White Ball. He wouldn't be a bad choice.

It amazes me Pakistan can find an Ameer every year ... Teenagers! Out bolods can't even bowl properly after 8 years (Shahadat)

al Furqaan
April 4, 2013, 12:49 AM
Robiul is better than Rubel

I concur..he'd be in my starting XI atm.

Gowza
April 4, 2013, 12:51 AM
Last time Dollar did damage in Zimbabwe ... He was able to get sharp swing with the White Ball. He wouldn't be a bad choice.

It amazes me Pakistan can find an Ameer every year ... Teenagers! Out bolods can't even bowl properly after 8 years (Shahadat)

as much as people don't like dolar he does have a really good FC record, and even though he got smashed in the ODIs he played with an econ of over 7 he's got a greaet strike rate of 26 in those ODIs and 44 in FC cricket and surprisingly his ODI average is actually 32 which isn't that bad. might be worth a try in tests as one of the biggest problems for the pacers is getting wickets which dolar seems to be able to do plus look at how many 4fers and 5fers he has in FC cricket. i realise the level isn't the greatest in BD domestics but a pacer who can actually take wickets at a good strike rate would be very vauluable for the team, especially in tests.

wktkeeper
April 4, 2013, 01:27 AM
Test team

Zahir
SN
Ash
Naeem
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Gazi
Robiul
Rubel

No Mash please

where is mominul bro? we need him in the middle order. though sakib is back, mominul deserves to be in the playing 11.

BengaliPagol
April 4, 2013, 03:08 AM
soumya hasn't done that bad compared to the others in the last FC season, he averaged about 29, imrul was at 32, SN at 28, junaid 31, asif 32. actually what is suprising is imrul out did all of them.

im not surprised actually lol.

BengaliPagol
April 4, 2013, 03:12 AM
1. Jahurul Islam
2. M. Ashraful
3. Mominul Haque
4. Naeem Islam/Mahmudullah
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Sohag Gazi
9. Enamul Haque jnr
10. Some random pacer #1
11. Some random pacer #2

sipon1989
April 4, 2013, 03:19 AM
The perfect 11 for 1st test

tamim /nafees-if tamim not fit(remember he betray with bcb in the past and bd)
jahurul islam
mohammad ashraful
mahmudullah riyad
sakib al hasan
musfiqur rahim
nasir hossain
mominul hauqe
sohag gazi
shaddat hossain
rubel hossain /WANNA SEE TASKIN BUT NO CHOICE

this team will white wash zimbabwe in test for sure insha allah

Tiger444
April 4, 2013, 08:41 AM
as much as people don't like dolar he does have a really good FC record, and even though he got smashed in the ODIs he played with an econ of over 7 he's got a greaet strike rate of 26 in those ODIs and 44 in FC cricket and surprisingly his ODI average is actually 32 which isn't that bad. might be worth a try in tests as one of the biggest problems for the pacers is getting wickets which dolar seems to be able to do plus look at how many 4fers and 5fers he has in FC cricket. i realise the level isn't the greatest in BD domestics but a pacer who can actually take wickets at a good strike rate would be very vauluable for the team, especially in tests.

I was thinking about Dolar as well. He too started with a lot of promise since he had a good run up and action. Bowls with good pace and also can swing the ball. Also a handy batsman down the order. Don't know why he was dropped. We ended up sticking with Rubel so I don't understand why we couldn't do the same with Dolar. He should be in the plans as well.

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2013, 08:56 AM
BCB's April Fool's joke came late. Got a message earlier today with the subject "Tour of Zimbabwe 2013: Announcement of Bangladesh Test Squad", followed by a blank body.

But maybe it's coming soon. Stay tuned.

Nadim
April 4, 2013, 10:10 AM
^ They will announce it tomorrow. Akram and co had a KFC dawat tai ajke hoyni :D

ei jonnoi blank email paichen :-|

ReZ_1
April 4, 2013, 11:53 AM
Akram Chahcu we are waiting for you, give us the best shot..

roman
April 4, 2013, 01:58 PM
According to Inqilab, our test squad may look like this..

Tamim
Ash
Jahirul
Shahriar
Shakib
Mominul
Mushfiq
Riyad
Nasir
Gazi
Enamul jnr (surprise surprise)
Rubel
Robiul
Shahadat (why?)
Sajedul

HereWeGo
April 4, 2013, 02:06 PM

Tamim
Ash
Jahirul
Shahriar
Shakib
Mominul
Mushfiq
Riyad
Nasir
Gazi
Rubel
Robiul
Shahadat (why?)
Sajedul

Mosharraf Rubel for Shahadat... and highly unlikely but I would have liked Shabbir Rahman to be with the team instead of Shahriar Nafees even if he does not get a game..

kalpurush
April 4, 2013, 02:13 PM

Tamim
Ash
Jahirul
Shahriar
Shakib
Mominul
Mushfiq
Riyad
Nasir
Gazi
Rubel
Robiul
Shahadat (why?)
Sajedul

Tamim is not going to play 1st test per PA!

Mash might play test, depends if he fully recovers from injury or not.

SS
April 4, 2013, 02:16 PM
^ They will announce it tomorrow. Akram and co had a KFC dawat tai ajke hoyni :D

ei jonnoi blank email paichen :-|

Probably still having the food fest and resting/relaxing to digest all those extra meat...selecting way far away...and also simple task..ini mini miny moe...food treaters gets picked first ...dhuh

kalpurush
April 4, 2013, 02:28 PM
Per Akram, $$ might be in for Tests! Well, better than SRK I guess!!

kalpurush
April 4, 2013, 02:31 PM
i never like players to be injured but with all these pacer injuries it will force the selectors to try someone else, that's a good thing imo. i don't have a grudge against them giving guys like abul a chance but when it's clear they're not ready they need to look for different options and they haven't done that. shahadat's selection on the other hand, there is just no common sense as to why they keep picking him. what they should have been doing in the last couple of series was sticking with rubel, trying abul and trying another prospect rather than shahadat.
Totally agree ^^^
All three selectors are nice as human being and cricket player, but lacks visions IMHO.

I smell swajonpreeti, though I might be wrong?

Gowza
April 4, 2013, 05:04 PM
Per Akram, $$ might be in for Tests! Well, better than SRK I guess!!

so who exactly is saying what? thought someone was saying sajidul, now someone is saying dolar?

Murad
April 4, 2013, 05:32 PM
so who exactly is saying what? thought someone was saying sajidul, now someone is saying dolar?

Sajedul is in.
Dolar is not.

Out: Elias Sunny, Marshal Ayub and Abul Hasan

In: Shakib, Enamul Jr and Sajedul

Source: Prothom-Alo.

Gowza
April 4, 2013, 05:37 PM
Sajedul is in.
Dolar is not.

so shahadat will be in the squad :facepalm:

BANFAN
April 4, 2013, 05:39 PM
Sajedul is in.
Dolar is not.

Looks good.... Shahadat will do well in this series....:)

Nadim
April 4, 2013, 05:44 PM
[বাংলা]জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরের সম্ভাব্য টেস্ট দল: তামিম ইকবাল, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, জহুরুল ইসলাম, মুশফিকুর রহিম, সাকিব আল হাসান, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, মমিনুল হক, নাসির হোসেন, মাহমুদউল্লাহ, সোহাগ গাজী, এনামুল হক জুনিয়র, রুবেল হোসেন, শাহাদাত হোসেন, রবিউল ইসলাম ও সাজেদুল ইসলাম।[/বাংলা]
http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-04-05/news/342378

+++++++++++++++++

BCB, why so cruel??? SRK er kalke biye so give him some time to spend with his new wife ;)

Gowza
April 4, 2013, 05:46 PM
i really hope robiul and sajidul do well this series, maybe then they'll realise there are other options to shahadat.

BANFAN
April 4, 2013, 06:51 PM
http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-04-05/news/342378

+++++++++++++++++

BCB, why so cruel??? SRK er kalke biye so give him some time to spend with his new wife ;)

BCB won't be cruel, they will also pay for Shahadat's family accompanying him ... :)

al Furqaan
April 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
so shahadat will be in the squad :facepalm:

Newspapers have been terribly wrong in predicting playing XIs and squads before. But if true, wedding present maybe?

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2013, 07:42 PM
If Shahadat gets picked, I'll be a poor man because all the furniture in my home will be shattered to pieces. There's gotta be a limit to the amount of frustration these selectors can cause.

Dilscoop
April 4, 2013, 07:54 PM
BcB should do the team a favor and send SRK to Bahamas.

NoName
April 4, 2013, 07:56 PM
We will never be rid of him:lol:
At most we can hope is his wife beating some damn sense into him.

al-Sagar
April 4, 2013, 09:21 PM
ebar zimbabwe jeye jodi shahadat hattrick na ney .............................

tahole porer series e abar hattrick pawar ashay dole chance pabar ashay thakbe

Max100
April 4, 2013, 11:14 PM
1. Jahurul Islam
2. M. Ashraful
3. Mominul Haque
4. Naeem Islam/Mahmudullah
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Sohag Gazi
9. Enamul Haque jnr
10. Some random pacer #1
11. Some random pacer #2

i like ur squad. my random pacer: sajedul and robiul

Dilscoop
April 5, 2013, 12:05 AM
@BP, what do these two Random Pacers avg. with the bat?

Saifulsohel
April 5, 2013, 12:36 AM
According to DS, Sajedul may return.

SS
April 5, 2013, 04:44 AM
If Shahadat gets picked, I'll be a poor man because all the furniture in my home will be shattered to pieces. There's gotta be a limit to the amount of frustration these selectors can cause.

:) . .. And are you willing to do that every time you buying the new one .. SRK is not replaceable

M.H.Rubel
April 5, 2013, 05:18 AM

Man where are u sleeping now? Is your bed shattered?
Get ready we may see him in playing 11.

reverse_swing
April 5, 2013, 06:31 AM
Bangladesh plan ambush
The Bangladesh national cricket team has declined a warm-up match offer ahead of their two-Test series against Zimbabwe in two weeks’ time.

Staff Writer

The Tigers have instead opted to fly in and go straight into serious business without a feel of the local conditions, keeping what they have to offer a secret.

Zimbabwe used the same tactic when the two nations faced off in a one-off Test where they ambushed the tourists with left-arm seamer Brian Vitori, who starred with five wickets as the hosts won by 130 runs on return to the premier cricket format.

During that tour Bangladesh complained that they had not been given enough time to attune to local conditions before the Tests after playing a three-day match.

The Asians have a new coach Shane Jurgensen, who took over from Stuart Law who managed the team in their last tour to Zimbabwe.

While Bangladesh have been active in Sri Lanka where they earned a credible draw in one of the Tests before losing the second by seven wickets, they were expected to play a warm-up match in Zimbabwe where the conditions are different from the sub-continent.

Bangladesh struggled on the bouncy wickets at Harare Sports Club where they lost the Test and the three One-Day-Internationals.

http://www.theindependent.co.zw/2013/04/05/bangladesh-plan-ambush/

simon
April 5, 2013, 07:58 AM
Sajedul o nishchoi arekta Abul prokritir player, naki? er beshi ar ki hobe?

mufi_02
April 5, 2013, 09:00 AM
^^ what ambush? why decline to play practice match? We don't have any secrets that needs to be hidden.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2013, 09:26 AM
LOL, ambush. SRK is our secret weapon, LOL.

Haar tora! Inning defeat kha!

Miraz
April 5, 2013, 09:35 AM
LOL, ambush. SRK is our secret weapon, LOL.

Haar tora! Inning defeat kha!

Asif, we don't have even any half decent pacer whom we are leaving behind. At least SRK is fit and his record in Test on bouncy wickets aren't that bad. He even has managed to put his name on Lords honours board.

Maysun
April 5, 2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, they turned on the over-confidence switch right before the Zimbabwe series. Typical.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2013, 10:15 AM
Man where are u sleeping now? Is your bed shattered?
Get ready we may see him in playing 11.
Bhaiya, amar kichu korte hoy na. Amar family te dudher baccharao Ashraful er batting dekhe mejaj gorom kore keyboard er key upray fele. So ami ekhon ar eshob bhangabhangir moddhe jai na, retire korsi, new generation er upor chere diyechi.

So yeah, khaat palong shob bhangchur kora howeche gotokal raate amar bashay.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2013, 10:22 AM
Asif, we don't have even any half decent pacer whom we are leaving behind. At least SRK is fit and his record in Test on bouncy wickets aren't that bad. He even has managed to put his name on Lords honours board.
Kintu Miraz bhai, practice match ta khelle ki dosh chilo? Harare'r bouncy wicket e kono practice chara toh amader batsman ra Vitori'r ball chokheo dekhbe na.

Plus I'm not convinced that there isn't anyone who can do better than SRK, even if he isn't half decent. Because SRK isn't half decent, he's downright street level as a bowler. The Lords Honours Board happened a while back, if you look at SRK's performance in all formats of the game recently (say, couple of years), kainda diben go Miraz bhai, amar motoi kainda diben.

M.H.Rubel
April 5, 2013, 10:55 AM
I am totally astonished as we are playing without any practice match.As far as I remember Last time England came to Bangladesh they played 2 practice match. Is it wise not to play practice match?

MohammedC
April 5, 2013, 11:05 AM
^^ what ambush? why decline to play practice match? We don't have any secrets that needs to be hidden.

Only secret I can think of is Gazi. They have seen Nasir but not enough. Other than those 2 I see no secret

Tiger444
April 5, 2013, 11:40 AM
Kintu Miraz bhai, practice match ta khelle ki dosh chilo? Harare'r bouncy wicket e kono practice chara toh amader batsman ra Vitori'r ball chokheo dekhbe na.

Plus I'm not convinced that there isn't anyone who can do better than SRK, even if he isn't half decent. Because SRK isn't half decent, he's downright street level as a bowler. The Lords Honours Board happened a while back, if you look at SRK's performance in all formats of the game recently (say, couple of years), kainda diben go Miraz bhai, amar motoi kainda diben.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets ;spanmin1=01+Apr+2011;spanval1=span;team=25;templa te=results;type=bowling

Don't know how to put tables but here is the link. Look at Shahadat's average since 2011. 6 Tests, 4 wickets at an average of a 160 and an econ rate of 4.54. Compare that with guys like Rubel and Robiul who have averages of 65 and 41 respectively and econ rates of 3.5. Even Abul at this rate is doing better than Shahadat.

Tiger444
April 5, 2013, 11:42 AM
Here are the stats for ODI's since 2011. Again you'll find Shahadat among the worst

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets ;spanmin1=01+Apr+2011;spanval1=span;team=25;templa te=results;type=bowling

22Yards
April 5, 2013, 02:19 PM
I don't think we need any secrets to ambush Zim or whatever. Their batting is so weak and vulnerable to spin which coincidentally is our strength. The only way we can lose is 1. panicking and giving up our wickets as gifts 2. captain and bowler's going blank if attacked by the Zim batsman. Even then if we manage to lose a games and few, shame on us.

NoName
April 5, 2013, 03:23 PM
Is the BCB trollin again?

BengaliPagol
April 5, 2013, 06:41 PM
@BP, what do these two Random Pacers avg. with the bat?

More than what they average with the ball.