PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Eid-ul-Ashraf (100 runs for now)

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2013, 06:52 AM
Ki bhais? Hobe naki? Howe jabe toh mone hocche bhais. 35 run ki hobe naki abar chekamycin khabo?

Let this thread be the last hurdle, can Sir Ashraful Motin, savior of men and women, son of the King, knight of the dark defeat the jinx and do it again?

Shopno dekha je shuru kore dilam bhais.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Zeeshan
March 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
stop being a sissy.. raise the bar... ash can pass limbo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_%28dance%29)with flying colors

WarWolf
March 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
Refrained myself from posting in this thread. :)

Nadim
March 9, 2013, 06:56 AM
400 on the card.

AsifTheManRahman
Refrained myself from posting in this thread. :)

Yet you posted, haha.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

simon
eita Sir er biruddhey ekta shorojontro.

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2013, 06:57 AM
400 on the card.
Shabash, amio sherokomi shopno dekhi.

Rabz
March 9, 2013, 06:59 AM
Erokom jinxy marka thread na khulle hoito na ?

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2013, 07:04 AM
Arey rakhen mia, Eid aitachey, kotodin goru khai na.

al-Sagar
March 9, 2013, 07:10 AM
i feel Brian Charles lara is nervous ..... his record is under threat

Rabz
March 9, 2013, 07:12 AM
Asif, buijho mia ..Eid jodi nai ashe..tomare koilam shobai goru banaye korbani dibo tokhon.

crikss
March 9, 2013, 07:14 AM
Arey rakhen mia, Eid aitachey, kotodin goru khai na.

Ami to bhabsliam shemai eid is coming :D

Zeeshan
March 9, 2013, 07:17 AM
Well, Andrew Wiles had to solve Taniyama-Shimura conjecture in the process of solving FLT. So guess, Ash to break his own record before he attempts to topple 200.

He has the willpower and female following and possess advanced knowledge of the game. There will be blood tomorrow.

Shaan
March 9, 2013, 07:20 AM
Ebar mone hoy sir amader ke bonus eid theke bonchito korbena. Na hoile asif dada'r khobor ache;)

BANFAN
March 9, 2013, 07:24 AM
It's hard to Jinx Ash....:)

MohammedC
March 9, 2013, 07:52 AM
I will hate ATMR if Sir Ash gets out.

cricheart
March 9, 2013, 08:22 AM
Amar mone hoitache Ashraful eibaar faka mathe goal thik deya falaibo.

Night_wolf
March 9, 2013, 08:46 AM
SIr er 100 mis hoile sir er sob bad luck ATMR er kase jaibo...sir will Tabitch ATMR!!

Roni_uk
March 9, 2013, 09:00 AM
Thats it you jinxed it...ja hoto shetao aar hobe na :facepalm:

Max100
March 9, 2013, 09:39 AM
I will not say anything good or bad abt ash but i think thread title is hillarious, i am laughing for 5 minutes

Rubu
March 9, 2013, 10:11 AM
OK, you guys already jinxed the hell out of him. Nothing will happen anymore.

Rifat
March 9, 2013, 11:11 AM
One of the problems with Bangladeshi batsmen in general especially in tests is that after a decent innings on a certain day, the very next day they get out early in the morning. I have seen it happen so many times. Secondly, after a century just after a century, they tend to get out. in a Test match, I am sorry to say a century is definitely praiseworthy. All top order batsmen in fact should strive for three figures to say the least. However, a century is not enough in test matches many times. so right after a century you must carry on. you must carry on. you must carry on. We criticize Ashraful more than other players since our expectations are very high from him quite naturally because he has played international cricket for at least 10 years since debut. So, he should definitely use that to his advantage.

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2013, 12:11 PM
http://banglacric.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Mohammad-Ashraful1.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mohammad+Ashraful+Bangladesh+v+Ireland+Group+5oqYv BLBaYFl.jpg

http://www.cricketworld4u.com/player-images/115.gif

Nadim
March 9, 2013, 12:14 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QdfKInTKOU?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5QdfKInTKOU?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hail "Radha" and "Bonolota" :D

M.H.Rubel
March 9, 2013, 01:50 PM
"Eid-ul-Ashraf"
I liked this word very much.Still I am laughing.
Thanks for nice innovative humour.

Ashfaq
March 9, 2013, 01:51 PM
If I have learned anything from watching Ash for close to ten years, I think he'll come out swinging tomorrow morning and won't cross 75.

BD Tigers
March 9, 2013, 02:08 PM
In sha Allah...

WarWolf
March 9, 2013, 02:42 PM
If I have learned anything from watching Ash for close to ten years, I think he'll come out swinging tomorrow morning and won't cross 75.
I also have the same fear. But I honestly hope that he would prove us wrong.

cricket_pagol
March 9, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hopefully with so much competition in the team, this Ashraful will be different.

Zeeshan
March 9, 2013, 06:30 PM
Ash, screw tuktukani. Go and play your natural game lol. :p

Go out their all guns blazing to score 401 from 12 balls. Thanks.

And over.

Miraz
March 9, 2013, 06:34 PM
This is Ashraful. Most likely he will be out within first 5 overs tomorrow morning.

Rubu
March 9, 2013, 06:45 PM
Here is what is likely to happen tomorrow.

20% chance - Out first ball.
20% chance - Out first over.
20% chance - Out within 5 overs.
20% chance - Out within adding 10 runs.
15% chance - Out in the 90s.
4% chance - century and out next ball.
1% chance - 120+ innings.

Zeeshan
March 9, 2013, 06:57 PM
Question: What does it feel like to be Mohammad Ashraful?
Answer:

200 beckons Ashraful!

Ash said in an interview that although vox populi demands his head, he will go out their with middle finger up middling every ball for six, four or three. Three , yes - as Ash's hidden weapon is his rotation with apt support provided by someone they go by "The Mominul."

Now, when I met Ashraful in University of California, Irvine library he said in a non-chalatant that "200 beckons Ashraful. Ami ashraful 200 chai."

Thus I asked if he's planning any special. He said that if I shall join him for a latte and iced mocha over brunch perhaps he can explain his daily routine to me.

So without further pechal here is his version of the story:
I usually get up early in the morning around 3am and get stoned. Rumi said this is the best way to contact with spirits and I believe in intergalactic aliens with whom I go into a trance like meditation. Then I do jnana, bhakti, hatha yoga -- all at once. I get into unusual rhythmic postures with japa of self talk mantra and getting into bat like upside down position like da Vinci Code author Dan Brown to generate creative waves in my brain.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSue27P83jITTwJ6mNms7IT40LFqMQxq Bdfcb9cYDeC4DnK7Uut

Then I envision every cricket game permutationslike 3 dimensional chess moves in my mind which plays around like a theater of holographic memory. I can recall any stats of mine provided it's only in Sri Lanka.

Then over breakfast I go over with my secretary over my ritual for net practice. I prefer spin bowlers, that too left handed, off spin.

I know everything about ball trajectory but I specialize in that region. I can rip a dissertation in magnus effect and the whirling pattern of air from trail of a ball if not played in vacuum but a smoked environment.

Then I do 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 uthboshes in a row for 100 minutes and go on to eat post-breakfast of 100 parathas, 100 dalpuris, 100 alupuris, 100 velpuris and 100 chicken biryanis in a flask mixed and matched and poured with a gamla of 100grams of burhani.

Yes.

Then I hit the library. I don't read Wisden but Wisden reads me like a biography. I have supernatural patience and can sustain tremendous pressure to reach that zenith of so called 200 mark.

Yes.

And when asked about his superhuman willpower to overcome any obstacle and difficulty, he talked of the metaphor of the hati and bamon:

Hati is your Mind. Bamon is your diminutive self. Then bamon rides the hati one day and travels to Occident but say he gets into accident and breaks his leg. Then war comes but due to his breaking of leg, he gets hired since he is expendable.

That's it. Bamon lost his life, his soul even after giving everything in his life and rose to achieve great stature and fame. You see people are ungrateful, they don't appreciate the unimaginable heights the bamon takes a man to.

That's how the phrase, bamon hoye chaad dekhar shopno koron na? came from

So what does Ashraful have in store for us? We live [sic intended] the viewer with his own words:

200, 300, 400, 500....your limitation is what you set yourself. If I want 2000 runs I can get that tomorrow. I have the willpower. I can do anything and overcome anything. I have overcome tremendous obstacles in daily life from jumping to elevator heights button to fakibazi in rollercoaster rides of 'you must be this tall to get in'...anyhoo, point is. Your mind is your enemy, Your mind is the elephant. Control your mind, no matter if you are bamon, but you can acheive anything you want naturally, irrationally or transcendentally.

In the words of Schopenhauer: Cricket God Sachin is dead.

BANFAN
March 9, 2013, 07:25 PM

What matters is; what he has learnt in that period. Lets see if he has.

BANFAN
March 9, 2013, 07:28 PM
"Eid-ul-Ashraf"
I liked this word very much.Still I am laughing.
Thanks for nice innovative humour.

You are quiet late to catch up. It's already a cliche ...

Miraz
March 9, 2013, 07:40 PM
You are quiet late to catch up. It's already a cliche ...

I miss Pagol_Chagol, "Ashraful is like Eid, Lots of fun twice a year". :)

I think this phrase was coined in early 2006.

Zeeshan
March 9, 2013, 07:41 PM
Same can be said about osculations of Miraz bhai.

cricket_pagol
March 9, 2013, 08:08 PM
i have a feeling that Ashraful is changing for the better... I guess i am being hopelessly unrealistic. Besides, Ashraful is psychologically stornger against SL, I would be less optimistic against other teams.

Hilarious part will be that he will start talking about his second coming after this innings (if successful) :)

WorldCup11
March 9, 2013, 09:44 PM
i have a feeling that Ashraful is changing for the better...

I think you are right, ash BPL e chain_churi korar por practice matcheo confidently korlo , ekhon zodi azker match e Lanka-churi kore taile eta Eid hobe ken? Eid bochore koibar hoi?

Ekdin ash mathe namlei chain_churi sudu somoyer bepar hobe, Eid r keo bolbena.:notworthy:

Rifat
March 9, 2013, 09:47 PM

what about 100-119? no possibility of that? :smug:

One World
March 9, 2013, 10:21 PM
We would score 500/4 by tea and declare leaving Srilanka tottering for last 10 overs of the day. :D

Sohel
March 9, 2013, 10:35 PM
I'm hoping to avoid an innings defeat and Sir M.A. M:facepalm:tin's fifth test :100: in Sri Lanka will play a part in that. I hope others also stand up and be counted in this innings and when we're following on in the next.

al Furqaan
March 10, 2013, 12:34 AM
Still hopeful of avoiding the follow on!

Nadim
March 10, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cholen kulakuli kori.

Let's start to countdown to 200 now;)

cricket_pagol
March 10, 2013, 01:12 AM

Rubu bhai, make more 1% predictions, please!!!!

Sohel
March 10, 2013, 01:13 AM
Virtual kola_kuli everyone.

crikss
March 10, 2013, 01:14 AM
Eid Mubarak guys enjoy!!!

WarWolf
March 10, 2013, 01:15 AM
Great work. Job is not finished yet. Ash please double the figure.

Miraz
March 10, 2013, 01:15 AM
Eid Mubarak.

This is a different innings I must say. Not typical Ashrafulesque innings.

al Furqaan
March 10, 2013, 01:18 AM
Eid Mubarak.

This is a different innings I must say. Not typical Ashrafulesque innings.

I watched both this one and his 73 v ZIM 4 innings ago...very classy and flawless - as perfect as they come in this sport. Ash may have finally moved a notch up. He needs to be rested from ODIs and T20s and just focus on #3 position in Tests. Move Anamul to 4 and push Riyad back down and have Jaharul open with TIK.

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2013, 01:37 AM
Eid Mubarak, pretty flawless inning, can't remember the last time I watched him construct a risk-free inning like this.

Btw, I don't open jinx threads. Case in point: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=30190

Nadim
March 10, 2013, 01:38 AM
^ So 200 hobe kina age eita bolen?

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2013, 01:41 AM
^ So 200 hobe kina age eita bolen?
150 par koruk aagey.

WorldCup11
March 10, 2013, 03:10 AM

Lol, ash took that 1% chance.

He had actually 1% chance to play in this series :)

Nadim
March 10, 2013, 03:13 AM
131*

28 to cross 158

69 to reach 200

WorldCup11
March 10, 2013, 03:20 AM
It's a different Ash I am watching today, 200 looks possible :)

M.H.Rubel
March 10, 2013, 03:42 AM
Eid Mubarak.
Great century.
Great thread.

M.H.Rubel
March 10, 2013, 03:44 AM
Aj dui eid aksathe hobe.

Anher
March 10, 2013, 04:52 AM
this is beyond fairytale, it is inconceivable. :)

100 is not good enough! Make it triple op.

BD Tigers
March 10, 2013, 05:04 AM
now ash is on the field 3 days in a row...talk abt stamina, mental strength....

maksud
March 10, 2013, 05:16 AM
Please change the thread title (200 runs for now)

Murad
March 10, 2013, 05:34 AM
now ash is on the field 3 days in a row...talk abt stamina, mental strength....

SOme of our best batsmen etokkhone crease e shuye porto.

al-Sagar
March 10, 2013, 09:39 AM
Lara has just contacted the WICB about the possibilty of coming out from retirement for a test match agasint zimbabwe. he is also keeping an eye on ashraful's innings who is threatening his record.

Hawk-Eye
March 10, 2013, 09:49 AM
Ash er 200 na houya porjonto shanti passina.

zman
March 10, 2013, 10:09 AM
Dare I say the forbidden words everyone is thinking about but not saying! Will we see an Ash 300 tomorrow?

mij
March 10, 2013, 10:16 AM
Can you please change the thread title to count down to 200 and when reach to 200, make it 300.

BrianLara7
March 10, 2013, 10:26 AM
Ashraful is one of a kind, hopefully he has finally realized his potential

Navo
March 10, 2013, 11:06 AM
[I]Then I envision every cricket game permutations like 3 dimensional chess moves in my mind which plays around like a theater of holographic memory. I can recall any stats of mine provided it's only in Sri Lanka.

After the most recent Isam article, this certainly seems to be true!

"Mohammad Ashraful's straight-faced humour often slips by unnoticed. When asked whether shelving the late cut gave him more discipline in his record-breaking innings, he pointed out the exact delivery when he brought out that shot. There were some laughs, but that was because Ashraful continued in the same tone, with just the hint of a smile.

"There's a shot that always gets me out," Ashraful said. "I don't want to play it, but I tried it off the 167th ball I faced. It just happened. I was lucky the ball didn't touch the bat."

He was correct. Ashraful is one of few players who can recall his innings in great detail, in relation to a specific shot, or a particular bowler who sledged him. He had indeed tried to late cut his 167th delivery." (Source (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/story/624429.html))