PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bangladesh Cricket Highlights - DVDs/CDs

Shehwar
March 14, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hi All,

I would like to collect footages/highlights of all our major achievements in the early years leading up to now. For example highlights of our first ever ODI win against Kenya in India or the victory against Scotland in the '99 World Cup, ODI win against India in '04 and the list goes on. I have searched all over the World Wide Web and have failed to trace these. I even emailed BTV and Lords for any archive footages they have and haven't had any favourable response. So as a last resort I have turned to my fellow BC mates. I really badly want these and want to continue to collect and of course would share it with you folks here once I get them. Is there anyone who can help? Does anyone know if there is some little corner shop in Dhaka somewhere where the dvd/vhs cassette is probably just sitting there covered in dust unappreciated? I'm based in London otherwise I would have gone down anywhere myself to get my hands on these. I feel extremely nostalgic and would love to watch these again.

If any bc member anywhere in the world has access to these I wouldn't mind paying to get a copy either. So namely, I'm looking for all ODI & T20 wins against Test playing nations plus the ODI wins over Kenya and Scotland and all the World Cup victories. Also the 3 test victories would be nice. Any link, any torrent absolutely any source would do! I know a single person would not have all these but perhaps contribution from everyone can lead us to obtaining these precious memories? I will wait eagerly for any response. Thank you!

Holden
March 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
there are some highlights on youtube and dailymotion for the more recent games, you can use youtube downloader (or some other similar program) to download them to your pc.
Here is the win over India in the 2007 World Cup:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XVzv-zFciA

Most of the other famous victories are there too, just have a search

Shehwar
March 14, 2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks bro. I have been trying everywhere but still no signs of BD-Scot '99, BD-Kenya '98 and BD-India '04!
:(

Naimul_Hd
March 15, 2013, 04:11 AM
Mail to BCB if they have any of those matches footage or not.

Shehwar
March 15, 2013, 04:47 AM
Thanks Bhai. Unfortunately the email given for BCB bounced straight Back! So frustrating that I keep on hitting dead ends. Doesn't look as if anyone cares much to preserve these precious piece of histories either. Really unfortunate.

zahidnyc
March 15, 2013, 06:50 AM
my friend they have almost every video on youtube.com , even they have match against pakistan on wc 99

Shehwar
March 15, 2013, 06:58 AM
They don't! Or I definitely haven't been able to find them brother! Could you post the link to either one of these? Ill be grateful for life!

Our first ODI win against Kenya in '98

Win against Scotland World Cup '99

ODI win against India '04

fwullah
March 15, 2013, 11:37 AM
i have been also looking for them for years. i believe espn star india might have the footage of bd ken match. anyone at glassgow or edinburgh might have the bd scotland match. also espn star might have the bd ind match.

Tiger Manc
March 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
If I'm not mistaken the India 04 match was uploaded on YouTube a few months ago.

Shehwar
March 15, 2013, 11:46 AM
i have been also looking for them for years. i believe espn star india might have the footage of bd ken match. anyone at glassgow or edinburgh might have the bd scotland match. also espn star might have the bd ind match.

Thanks. I'll contact ESPN-STAR India today. Haven't had much luck so far having contacted ICC, ACC and all the host cricket boards among other websites. I'm also pretty tired of people telling me its on YouTube and other websites! Well it's not!! If its there then why don't you please post it here? I have been looking for these for good 6 years. I'm pretty sure I would have found them if there were there!!

Shehwar
March 15, 2013, 11:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken the India 04 match was uploaded on YouTube a few months ago.

It wasnt bro I'm afraid. I'm looking for the match that we won! Not the one we got thrashed in!

MohammedC
March 15, 2013, 11:53 AM
my friend they have almost every video on youtube.com , even they have match against pakistan on wc 99

My friend you have not read first post clearly. Specifically Looking for.

1- Bangladesh vs Scotland from World Cup 1999. Our first win in World Cup.

2- Bangladesh vs India from 26th of December 2004. Our first win against India. It was Dhoni's second match for India. And Dhoni still remembers it. I call it the Tsunami (not going in to detail)

3- Bangladesh vs Kenya in 1998. Our first ODI win.

Shehwar
March 15, 2013, 12:11 PM

2- Bangladesh vs India from 26th of December 2004. Our first win against India. It was Dhoni's second match for India. And Dhoni still remembers it. I call it the Tsunami (not going in to detail)

Thanks Bhai. I'm not giving up until I find these this time. A whole new generation needs to see these matches and we need to preserve them and pass them on!

Nasif
March 15, 2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks bro. I have been trying everywhere but still no signs of BD-Scot '99, BD-Kenya '98 and BD-India '04!
:(

I have all of these in VHS somewhere laying around... :)
04 match I had a dvd too :)

MohammedC
March 15, 2013, 01:57 PM

Plieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease look for it.

Shehwar
March 15, 2013, 02:21 PM

:notworthy:

Bhaijaan without sounding overly dramatic I have to say that I will be indebted to you for LIFE if you went through the trouble of finding these and sending me a physical or electronic copy. I have been looking for these for years!! I am based in London and will of course pay for the postage and the value you want to charge for these without offending you in any way. While we are at it I would love to collect any other rare Bangladesh cricket video you have if you are kind enough to share them. I want to pass these on to my grandchildren one day. (After I get married and everything ofcourse!) I eagerly look forward to your response. You can PM me or I can PM you if you want? :)

Zeeshan
March 15, 2013, 02:49 PM
Shehwar you will die celibate. Thanks.

wktkeeper
March 15, 2013, 02:54 PM
what about sir ash's debut century against SL :)

BengaliPagol
March 15, 2013, 06:28 PM
what about sir ash's debut century against SL :)

I've been looking for highlights for that innings for ages. Never came across one. :(

Anyone have highlights for that innings?

Zeeshan
March 15, 2013, 06:32 PM
ami commode dhute raji asi esh er debut century dekhar jonno

Zeeshan
March 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
Esh er 158* (and other centuries during his early Blue period) dekhar jonno ami latrine dhute ami raji asi

Shehwar
February 27, 2014, 09:46 PM

It really hurts me to know that there is no way we can ever find the videos of these matches. I contacted ICC,ACC,BCB, BBC, Sky Sports, ESPN and every channel & cricket board under the sun. I even personally contacted Athar Ali Khan who was nice enough to get back to me. No one has these? Seriously? If any of you do would really really appreciate if you could share.

naim519
February 27, 2014, 10:00 PM
Cricket games get no where near as much media treatment as opposed to American Football, Basketball, or Soccer.

reverse_swing
February 27, 2014, 11:13 PM
Cricket games get no where near as much media treatment as opposed to American Football, Basketball, or Soccer.
This depends on where you live. :)

Navo
February 27, 2014, 11:29 PM
It really hurts me to know that there is no way we can ever find the videos of these matches. I contacted ICC,ACC,BCB, BBC, Sky Sports, ESPN and every channel & cricket board under the sun. I even personally contacted Athar Ali Khan who was nice enough to get back to me. No one has these? Seriously? If any of you do would really really appreciate if you could share.

Did you try contacting Rob Moody (robelinda2) through YouTube? He might have some of it taped. If not, he might be able to point you in the right direction

MohammedC
February 27, 2014, 11:32 PM
No one has it :( . At least they should have 2004 vs India. It was broadcasted on Star Sports India.

Shehwar
February 28, 2014, 05:34 AM
Did you try contacting Rob Moody (robelinda2) through YouTube? He might have some of it taped. If not, he might be able to point you in the right direction

I contacted him through both YouTube and Facebook but he never got back to me!

Shehwar
May 16, 2014, 04:36 PM
Ladies and Gents! After months and years of search I'm happy to inform you that I have hands on our first ever World Cup victory highlights against Scotland in '99! You have no idea how happy this makes me! Will share with you folks soon. Watch this space!!

kalpurush
May 16, 2014, 04:57 PM
Ladies and Gents! After months and years of search I'm happy to inform you that I have hands on our first ever World Cup victory highlights against Scotland in '99! You have no idea how happy this makes me! Will share with you folks soon. Watch this space!!
I can't see the video in your channel mate! Can see other videos though!

Shehwar
May 16, 2014, 05:00 PM
I can't see the video in your channel mate! Can see other videos though!

Havent uploaded it yet! :)

kalpurush
May 16, 2014, 05:05 PM
Havent uploaded it yet! :)
Playing waiting games!;) :)

Naimul_Hd
May 27, 2014, 03:07 AM
Hey Shehwar, did you upload that video yet ?

If not, please do. Can't wait to revisit the memory again :)

Tiger Manc
September 27, 2014, 05:51 AM
http://youtu.be/ZH0gaUY-ndk

Found this. Bangladesh v Scotland 1999 World Cup Preview