PDA

View Full Version : Should the groundsman cut the grass tomorrow morning ?

MohammedC
March 16, 2013, 07:31 AM
As far as I know once a match starts you cant interfere with the pitch. In a normal circumstances the grass is cut everyday but it was not cut today due to heavy rain the night before.

It cost us at least 40 to 50 runs minimum. If they cut the grass before the start of play, it will quicken up the outfield. I think it will be really unfair. What do you think ?

simon
March 16, 2013, 07:37 AM
They can cut it after tomorrows play, that way both team will have to bat one day each under the grass.

Saifulsohel
March 16, 2013, 08:00 AM
Can they cut it?

Naimul_Hd
March 16, 2013, 08:17 AM
I think they have already started cutting it in the night :)

Remember Multan test. How dramatically the curator changed the pitch over night !

Saifulsohel
March 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
No rules?!?

jeesh
March 16, 2013, 09:30 AM
Would really be unfair if they do

ReZ_1
March 16, 2013, 09:33 AM
This is the advantage of the home side... you expect the home side to feed you and stay in a luxurious hotel for freee?

MohammedC
March 16, 2013, 09:40 AM
This is the advantage of the home side... you expect the home side to feed you and stay in a luxurious hotel for freee?

Completely different scenario.

Jadukor
March 16, 2013, 09:47 AM
I think we should not take the field if groundsman cut the grass overnight. Playing conditions should reain same at least for their first innings. Will our think tank have the balls to make a stand?

Jadukor
March 16, 2013, 10:15 AM
Looks like match officials already took notice
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/story/625369.html

Tiger Manc
March 16, 2013, 10:27 AM
The match officials should take measurements after today's match and before the start of the 2nd day tomorrow to make sure no one has cut the grass.

Rifat
March 16, 2013, 10:30 AM
keep it just the way it is for the rest of the test

Murad
March 16, 2013, 10:35 AM
Match referee told them to keep the length of the grass identical to first day for the rest of the game.

Cricinfo

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2013, 11:23 AM
I think they have already started cutting it in the night :)

Remember Multan test. How dramatically the curator changed the pitch over night !
This is absurd. Multan pitch altered? This is the first time i am hearing about it. Do you have anything to back up?

kazis2007
March 16, 2013, 11:36 AM
our first target has to be get Srilanka's rest of the wickets asap. no matter how the condition is.

Maple1900
March 16, 2013, 01:04 PM
I think we can ask Shahadat to stay overnight to make sure no one trying to cut the grass. Lol

ReZ_1
March 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
Match referee told them to keep the length of the grass identical to first day for the rest of the game.

Cricinfo

To that context the grass will grow in height overnight. so they have to cut it to make it identical throughout the test match.

Eshen
March 16, 2013, 02:07 PM
Omar Nizam, in comments bellow the CI report, said it well-

"Sri Lankan cricket grounds have become a real mockery...a highway in Galle, and now a jungle in RPS - Colombo. Shameful!"

BANFAN
March 16, 2013, 02:22 PM
The grounds man must be a hairy guy...so much love for long grass...:)

22Yards
March 16, 2013, 11:41 PM
Cutting just the 'overnight' grass? Really?

WarWolf
March 16, 2013, 11:45 PM
From CI...

Sohag: "Is the grass cut?" - Yes Sohag, the grass was cut this morning under the supervision of the match referee, who ensured that the length of grass was the same as yesterday - it's true, believe it or not.

The outfield became normal. Ball is not stopping and directly going to the boundary.

The SL board is biased as it's normal. But what about the match referee Mr. Boon? It's a shame!

reyme
March 16, 2013, 11:56 PM
Well thats call home field advantage. Our moron management will never get it.
They will let the foreign team practice in the center wicket!

Sohel
March 17, 2013, 08:20 AM
The grass was cut this morning and the outfield was visibly faster than yesterday. I wonder what the ICC would do about it.

MohammedC
March 17, 2013, 08:26 AM
The grass was cut this morning and the outfield was visibly faster than yesterday. I wonder what the ICC would do about it.

Nothing, but bigger team will make issues if it happens in the future.
But now that Sri Lankans are 6 down would they cut it again on Day-3 knowing they may have to bowl to Bangladesh with 120+ lead (at-least)

simon
March 17, 2013, 08:47 AM
I just watched the final hour of the day and the outfield was kind a slow but no where near the slowness of day 1.
I hope they cut it before each day's play, otherwise it will be pure cheating, they have unwisely benefited enough already.

Crisis
March 17, 2013, 11:33 AM
Atrocious! They decide to cut the grass when SL was batting!

Next time, when SL tour BD, we need to have trees planted all around the boundary