PDA

View Full Version : ****Nadir Shah banned for 10 years *****

Tigers_eye
March 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
Nadir Shah banned for ten years on corruption allegations

Nadir Shah (http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/56060.html), the Bangladesh umpire, has been handed a ten-year ban by the BCB on charges of corruption alleged by a TV sting operation (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/586107.html) in 2012. The decision followed an investigation carried out by the Bangladesh board.
More to follow ...

Mohammad Isam is ESPNcricinfo's Bangladesh correspondent
wow!!! (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/625680.html)

Naimul_Hd
March 18, 2013, 07:24 AM
Good news.

BCB should file a case against him too and put him behind the bar so that no one should be brave enough to make such mistake in the future !

Fazal
March 18, 2013, 07:43 AM
Great news. I would ban him for life though. He is a disgrace for his family and disgrace for the country.

mij
March 18, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good he deserve it, lucky not to be in prison.

BANFAN
March 18, 2013, 08:10 AM
Should have been a life term due to his shameless attitude and disgracing the nation and it's institutes ... Modern day Razakar..

roman
March 18, 2013, 08:16 AM
Ten years will Be equivalent to life term. Don't see him umpiring a cricket match again

BANFAN
March 18, 2013, 08:24 AM
Ten years will Be equivalent to life term. Don't see him umpiring a cricket match again

You will see him in TV talk shows........:)

roman
March 18, 2013, 08:38 AM

You can't control those :)

firstlane
March 18, 2013, 08:48 AM
This is just the beginning I believe. Shob chor to aar shohoje dhora khai na. Goto BPL e Mashrafe ke ku-prostab deya holo, ei BPL e match patanor alamot dekha gelo, tar upor Shah miah dhora khailo- sounds familiar. je somajer shorbostore durnity shekane kheladhula clean thakbe eta asha korai bokami. shudhu dhora khete jotodin laage aarki.

cricheart
March 18, 2013, 08:55 AM
What about the part he went along with the undercover reporters' plan because he had felt "threatened"? I guess he can still appeal against it, unless he was lying in self defence. btw I cant digest this punishment with the figure, "10 years" bann also. It seems very less to me; if BCB is following ICC's anti-corruption code & conduct, imo it should be adviced for lifetime bann with imprisonment. c'mon, we aint punishing a mare drug dealer or spot fixer here, its an Umpire!, a sacred position equal to a supreme Judge in an on-game duration. A huge amount of trust issue & national image related with it.

WarWolf
March 18, 2013, 08:57 AM
Very good news. No place for these corrupt idiots in our cricket.

firstlane
March 18, 2013, 11:24 AM
ICC Chief Executive David Richardson has made the following statement in respect of the decision of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) following an investigation into the cases of umpires Nadir Shah and Sharfuddoula Ibne Shahid Saikat after a sting operation by an Indian TV channel.

"Although the ICC was not directly involved in these cases, it notes the findings by the BCB in relation to Mr Shah and Mr Saikat, and notes the sanction imposed upon Mr Shah," said Mr Richardson.

"The ICC takes no pleasure from the fact that an umpire has been found to have acted inappropriately and sanctioned accordingly, however, the decision reflects the commitment of the ICC and its Members to root out corruption from our Great Sport.

"This decision also reiterates cricket's zero-tolerance approach towards corruption and should serve as a reminder to all stakeholders, be they umpires, players, curators or administrators of the risks and challenges the sport faces. We can only beat the corruptors by remaining vigilant and by following the procedures and protocols which are in place," he concluded.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/newsdetails.php?newsId=23110_1363605840

FaHiMa
March 18, 2013, 11:36 AM
Only for Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan and Pakistani umpires? What about Indian umpires?

Sohel
March 19, 2013, 01:59 AM
Choddo gushtir man-ijjot dubaya chhar'hlo.

Naimul_Hd
March 19, 2013, 02:07 AM
Choddo gushtir man-ijjot dubaya chhar'hlo.

amar mone hoy na ei shob lok churi korar agey family reputation er dike kheyal rakhe ! Tk r gondho pelei hoiche...ar kichu bhababhabi nai !

Rabz
March 19, 2013, 02:11 AM
He should have got life.
But then again, 10 years is a de-facto life for him.

Sohel
March 19, 2013, 02:12 AM
amar mone hoy na ei shob lok churi korar agey family reputation er dike kheyal rakhe ! Tk r gondho pelei hoiche...ar kichu bhababhabi nai !

What's really hyathetik is the fact that he didn't get the chance to actually steal anything before getting royally busted with his pants down. His brothers Badshah and Munna Shah are decent folks from what I know.

Shehwar
March 19, 2013, 02:16 AM
What's really hyathetik is the fact that he didn't get the chance to actually steal anything before getting royally busted with his pants down. His brothers Badshah and Munna Shah are decent folks from what I know.

Decent article with a tone of surprise and sympathy on Daily Star about him. Hmm. Makes me think.

MohammedC
March 19, 2013, 02:29 PM

You can't control those :)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vp_G_BDHtio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MohammedC
March 19, 2013, 02:32 PM
If Nadir Shah was in UK. He would definitely be in reality TV shows like "Celebrity Big Brother" or "I am a Celebrity, get me out of here"

Nadim
March 19, 2013, 02:33 PM
"Chorer mar boro gola"

shuziburo
March 19, 2013, 02:42 PM
Good news.

BCB should file a case against him too and put him behind the bar so that no one should be brave enough to make such mistake in the future !

Absolutely agree! Strike fear in their hearts.

mij
March 19, 2013, 02:51 PM
Watching above video doesn't this man have any shame? Talking about others when he been cought on video. look at the way he is talking.

Modad
March 19, 2013, 02:57 PM
light punishment. it needed to be a life ban & ten years in jail. similar verdict should also be handed to traitor enamul hauqe moni.

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 03:01 PM
Good decision by BCB.

Now, investigate corruptions inside BCB and turn this organisation into the most transparent one in BD that other organisation can follow them as a role model. :)

MohammedC
March 19, 2013, 03:01 PM
Watching above video doesn't this man have any shame? Talking about others when he been cought on video. look at the way he is talking.

This is how we roll in Bangladesh.

BengaliPagol
March 20, 2013, 04:10 AM
ki akta gaddha.

Naimul_Hd
April 13, 2013, 11:54 PM
Related news:

Pakistan ban two umpires for corruption (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/629757.html)

Nadeem Ghauri (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/42044.html), the Pakistan umpire, has been handed a four-year ban by the PCB after its integrity committee found him guilty of being willing to accept money for favourable umpiring decisions. His colleague Anis Siddiqi (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/39586.html) was banned for three years.
The allegations against the umpires first came up after a television sting operation last year. The PCB set up an inquiry committee soon after and passed on its findings to the board's integrity committee to determine the punishments.

The sting, broadcast by India TV, claimed to have "exposed" several first-class umpires from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan who were allegedly willing to give decisions favouring players for a fee. In the sting, conducted in July and August 2012, the reporters claimed to belong to a sports management company and promised the umpires officiating assignments in events of all kinds around the world, largely domestic Twenty20 leagues.
The Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka boards announced investigations following the broadcast of the sting operation in October. The Bangladesh umpire Nadir Shah was handed a ten-year ban by the BCB last month. The SLC began its investigation into the matter in October but hasn't yet announced their findings.
:up::up:

BengaliPagol
April 14, 2013, 02:38 AM
shobgulai gadha

iDumb
April 14, 2013, 12:35 PM
light punishment. it needed to be a life ban & ten years in jail. similar verdict should also be handed to traitor enamul hauqe moni.

he was willing to take bribe, this is not murder dude. a lot of ppl in bd takes bribe, maybe u have few uncles of ur own who do...

so chill. his ban is appropriate... he violated a code of conduct.

no one should go to jail for this.... 10 years of jail for this, are u kidding me? specially that it was a set up and no proof of ever a game being involved.

u guys are too emotional....

i hope ppl dont start doing any shabagh/mirpur stadium movement asking for this demand lol

mij
April 14, 2013, 12:45 PM
he was willing to take bribe, this is not murder dude. a lot of ppl in bd takes bribe, maybe u have few uncles of ur own who do...

no one should go to jail for this.... 10 years of jail for this, are u kidding me? specially that it was a set up and no proof of ever a game being involved.

i hope ppl dont start doing any shabagh/mirpur stadium movement asking for this demand lol

Did you not see his video interview? by Indian reporter.

When he does such a thing he betrayed his country and 160m people.

MohammedC
April 14, 2013, 01:13 PM

There are many Nadir Shah in Bangladesh doing far more important role and taking bribes in broad daylight and that's what iDumb is trying to say.

Dilscoop
April 14, 2013, 01:34 PM

Right, because 160m people is personally connected to this guy. From rickshawalla to richwalla. Right?

Seriously, don't be a AAK and throw around that 160M crap for everything that happens. Not everyone cares about cricket, even in Bangladesh.

And like iDumb said, he isn't the only one.

reyme
April 14, 2013, 01:37 PM
Actually iDumb said it nicely

mij
April 14, 2013, 04:55 PM
I don't understand what you saying here, it's ok to take bribe make sure your country lose, and let him go unpunished?

Tiger444
April 14, 2013, 04:58 PM
I don't understand what you saying here, it's ok to take bribe make sure your country lose, and let him go unpunished?

Read what he said again because its clear that you didn't get it.

mij
April 14, 2013, 05:02 PM
Read what he said again because its clear that you didn't get it.

If you completely agree what he said. So you saying its wrong to say he should be jailed.

Tiger444
April 14, 2013, 05:07 PM
If you completely agree what he said. So you saying its wrong to say he should be jailed.

Did I say I agreed with what he said? Like I said, read what he said again.

mij
April 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
Did I say I agreed with what he said? Like I said, read what he said again.

I don't understand maybe you can enlighten me.

iDumb
April 14, 2013, 05:18 PM
What who said? What's going on here? No one should go to jail for saying something that they didn't say.

BengaliPagol
April 14, 2013, 07:24 PM
Bribe is becoming normal to society. From policemen to people to politicians its normal. It this rate we might be sitting around having breakfast and discussing how cool we are cos we bribed this person to do something. Oh wait that already happens. :doh:

Naimul_Hd
April 14, 2013, 07:45 PM
Bribe is nothing new in Bangladesh but but BCB is not governed by Govt directly. BCB has to comply with ICC's rules and regulations. So, BCB had no other choice to take actions against Nadir, does not matter if there were other corrupted people in Bangladesh or not. Heck, even ICC threatened to ban BCB if they don't appoint BCB president by voting.

Roey Haque
April 14, 2013, 09:34 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vp_G_BDHtio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Class, this is what a shameless man talks like.

Sohel
April 14, 2013, 10:46 PM

Thank you for this. Great to see sanity prevail over extremely thoughtless and stupid indignation.

mij
June 18, 2013, 11:50 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/643111.html

"If the board cuts the punishment from 10 years to 2 or 3 years, I can make a comeback as an umpire again"

And do the same thing again only this time I will be bit more clever. This time no one can caught me out.

Tiger444
June 18, 2013, 12:41 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/643111.html

"If the board cuts the punishment from 10 years to 2 or 3 years, I can make a comeback as an umpire again"

And do the same thing again only this I will be bit more clever. This time no one can caught me out.

I wouldn't have any leniency on him. Keep the punishment the way it is. If we have leniency on him, people might do this again.

Fazal
June 18, 2013, 01:41 PM
No leniency on him by BCB until his fans base have a human chain protest against 10 years ban. if has has no fan base, then he should hire some fans for few hours.

akabir77
June 18, 2013, 02:58 PM
At least he gave out to other team players which might not be out. unlike some other bd umps who gives bd players outs which are not outs or 5050 and gives not outs to against team which are out or 50/50.

FaHiMa
June 18, 2013, 11:04 PM
lol wow, I knew this was coming :P

BengaliPagol
June 19, 2013, 04:59 AM
So he thinks he will get only a 2 year ban because he wrote a letter to the BCB?

Kije buddhi...

reyme
June 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
So he thinks he will get only a 2 year ban because he wrote a letter to the BCB?

Kije buddhi...

I dont get it. Whats the fun being an umpire? You can never be a super hero being an umpire.
Specilly after losing his credibility no team would want him to officte their match!
Nadir should be happy that he could retire from umpiring. Better start a cricket wholesale business or a cricket academy, thats where he can make some money and make a very good living out of it, if he wants to stick with cricket related stuff.....