PDA

View Full Version : "Mominul wasn't OUT"

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 01:56 PM
Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, 2nd Test, Colombo, 4th day

Mushfiqur questions Mominul decision

Mohammad Isam in Colombo
March 19, 2013

<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>

</TD><TD class=phototbl>http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/155600/155666.2.jpg
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=stryPicCptn class=stryPicCptn>Mominul Haque made 37 before being given out caught at short leg <NOBR>© AFP </NOBR>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><!-- Related links panel -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/player/56029.html) has questioned Mominul Haque (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/player/373696.html)'s dismissal on the fourth morning of the Colombo Test (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/engine/match/602473.html). Mominul was given out caught at short leg by umpire Nigel Llong off the sixth ball of the day, but the Bangladesh captain wasn't convinced it was the right decision.
"Mominul wasn't out as far as I am concerned," Mushfiqur said. "The ball hit his thigh pad. If we take a look at both Tests, there were decisions that didn't go in our favour. These may be small things, but it is quite big for our team.

Read more...http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/story/625813.html

Nadim
March 19, 2013, 01:59 PM
Excuse...

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 02:00 PM
Many thanks to Isam bhai and cricinfo for publishing this issue. :up:

Kudos to Mushy for being brave :notworthy:

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 02:01 PM
Excuse...
NOT really.

Read full article and you would get Mushy's view.

Nadim
March 19, 2013, 02:07 PM
^Where was he when Mominul was given out in the first innings? now we lost it, and came up with an excuse...

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 02:12 PM
^Where was he when Mominul was given out in the first innings? now we lost it, and came up with an excuse...
You missed the point NadSTAR! Mushy certainly NOT looking for excuse IMO>

Mushy is bringing the issue out to public. Also, a warning to the umpires to be careful in the upcoming ODI series.

Zeeshan
March 19, 2013, 02:12 PM
so can we still win that match?

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 02:14 PM
We surely can win the ODI series...

if, UMPIRES play a neutral game!

MohammedC
March 19, 2013, 02:14 PM

Exactly, the test match is over. Whats the point?

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 02:17 PM
Exactly, the test match is over. Whats the point?
Point is to get attention of ICC. Demand for fair/good umpiring.

It is NOT all about winning!!

Shaan
March 19, 2013, 02:23 PM
Bai, if he was not given out early morning at beginning of the day who knows we could have played all day long then the scenario could have been different, even we might had threw big target of 250+ or 300+. But eventually the game turned towards SL favor.

SS
March 19, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hope justice will be served and our players have to do it by themselves against this atrocity and unfairness... Mushy plz tell your boys to win games in ODI to reply to this unfairness

shuziburo
March 19, 2013, 02:41 PM

Actually, these "complaints" can be used very effectively be a smart captain. I don't know whether that was Mushfiqur's intention.

Having said that, Mominul was probably given out unfairly both times in this match and still scored a couple of 50's. How many batsmen can say that?

simon
March 19, 2013, 02:57 PM
I whole heartedly agree with Kalpurush bhai, these issues need to be addressed.
specially before an important ODI series, updating the thread "BAd umpiring is killing us" will do nada.
A captain needs to stand up against such biased umpiring. :up:

MohammedC
March 19, 2013, 02:58 PM

You say ICC. I say BCB who needs get their act together by arranging DRS before each series played at home. And requesting to arrange for DRS when they play away.

ICC has stated it is down to 2 boards to agree upon DRS in a Bilateral series.

You will say ICC should make it compulsory. ICC will say we are working on it.

Enters BCCI. Now ICC are like :ohno: and we will be as always :head:

cricheart
March 19, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mushi has right to bring this topic in attention with Mominul's wicket. Mushi's own wicket in 1st test also came from poor umpiring, or else we could have seen a triple hundred knock in Galle.

Roey Haque
March 19, 2013, 03:05 PM
Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, 2nd Test, Colombo, 4th day

Mushfiqur questions Mominul decision

Mohammad Isam in Colombo
March 19, 2013

<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>

</TD><TD class=phototbl>http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/155600/155666.2.jpg
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=stryPicCptn class=stryPicCptn>Mominul Haque made 37 before being given out caught at short leg <NOBR>© AFP </NOBR>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><!-- Related links panel -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/player/56029.html) has questioned Mominul Haque (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/player/373696.html)'s dismissal on the fourth morning of the Colombo Test (http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/engine/match/602473.html). Mominul was given out caught at short leg by umpire Nigel Llong off the sixth ball of the day, but the Bangladesh captain wasn't convinced it was the right decision.
"Mominul wasn't out as far as I am concerned," Mushfiqur said. "The ball hit his thigh pad. If we take a look at both Tests, there were decisions that didn't go in our favour. These may be small things, but it is quite big for our team.

Read more...http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-bangladesh-2013/content/current/story/625813.html

Love it!:up: :flag:

zsayeed
March 19, 2013, 03:18 PM
Actually, these "complaints" can be used very effectively be a smart captain. I don't know whether that was Mushfiqur's intention.

Having said that, Mominul was probably given out unfairly both times in this match and still scored a couple of 50's. How many batsmen can say that?

Mushy is a smart man. He speaks his mind often - and does not get into trouble. Even if he does in this case - the gain "being heard" will outweigh the negatives.

He is turning out to be quite the diplomat.

al Furqaan
March 19, 2013, 03:19 PM
Good on Mushy and Isam to bring this to light. Gazi being robbed of a few wickets and the Mominul decision are things that help to set us back.

kalpurush
March 19, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mushy is a smart man. He speaks his mind often - and does not get into trouble. Even if he does in this case - the gain "being heard" will outweigh the negatives.

+1

Mushy is maturing day by day and converting himself into a good captain :up:

Fazal
March 19, 2013, 03:24 PM
I agree what Rahim said, I am happy that he said, and think it's good that he said taking risk that he may be warned.

This is needed to make the point clear, we are going going to take it silently when so many cricical mistakes are done against us by umpires.

He should also speak out about the bad out field. There should be some standard that need to be maintained when preparing for a test. If they didn;t have the lawn mower, only thing they had to ask... we could loan them one on time.

simon
March 19, 2013, 03:24 PM

diplomats don't always speak their mind,
they read other's mind and speak accordingly. :)

zsayeed
March 19, 2013, 03:33 PM
diplomats don't always speak their mind,
they read other's mind and speak accordingly. :)

I was going to use the word "politician" - but that became a dirty word - so I resorted to the next best thing.

Perhaps I just should have used the word "leader".

criclife
March 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
One thing is certain> this guy got guts..shabash captain..first the BPL payment and now this..

i am with mushy here, this is certainly not an excuse, but pointing a finger and a important hint to umpires for the upcoming matches...even shakib once said the similar things in an odi series if I remember correctly, but nothing changed then..hopefuly this time it will.

Mominuls wicket was in fact the turning point of the match as far as I am concerned !

Rabz
March 19, 2013, 03:48 PM
Smart Mushy. Getting impressed by him every day.
This is the sort of authority and command I was referring to in my article.
With his own and the team's performance, he now have a voice and he is making it heard for the right cause.

He knows that BCB can't afford DRS and unless BCCI agrees to the universal usage, we are set to play without DRS for most of the series ahead. But at least he is telling the umpires to be careful about their decisions and putting them into some mental pressure with the message that their actions are being watched and scrutinized.

Just because we are Bangladesh doesn't mean that they will get away as easily as they used to before, not under Mushfiq's watch. He is not a pushover.

Things won't change overnight, but these are the stepping stones.

akabir77
March 19, 2013, 04:38 PM
where is Nadir Shah...

Roey Haque
March 19, 2013, 04:42 PM
where is Nadir Shah...

Hopefully in jail.

But no, he is free to roam about,only banned from umpiring.
Wish he got a criminal sentence.

cricbook
March 19, 2013, 06:46 PM

Hes talking abt 2nd innings... N hes 100% right..

Naimul_Hd
March 19, 2013, 06:50 PM
That's my boy. Enough of being sissy and afraid of boro bhais !

If Dhoni and BCCI can dictate others, being 2nd highest earning member, we too can have some balls to tell the truth.

Shabash !

cricbook
March 19, 2013, 06:57 PM

Yap... I m agree with u.

meazz1
March 19, 2013, 06:58 PM
He is our pocket dynamo.
Glad to see him stand up and speak as a captain should be .

Zeeshan
March 19, 2013, 07:03 PM

If Dhoni and BCCI can dictate others, being 2nd highest earning member, we too can have some balls to tell the truth.

Shabash !

well played....this time i almost didnt see the anti indian rhetoric for a second... :applause:

RazabQ
March 19, 2013, 07:47 PM
Most neutral fans will take Mushy's comments as whingeing. There were more atrocious no-calls or poor calls when England toured BD and we all we got were Ather's ameliorative "maybe they've not had the rub of the green" and slightly more provocative "Umpires for the Empire" headline.

Plus he will likely be docked some of his match fee for conduct detrimental to the spirit of the game.

In fairness Lankan's could argue about Sanga's out in the first innings. If he stuck around we'd have been chasing leather well past lunch on the 3rd day.

If BCB can't stop taking fancy offsites in Cox's Bazar or spending lakhs on 5-star hotel receptions, and instead use that money on DRS, then we really don't have much to blame BCCI for.

Jadukor
March 19, 2013, 07:56 PM
It's good to voice our concern so that ICC pays attention. Bad umpiring happens in cricket games but how many times have we seen one go in our favor? Very few.

shuziburo
March 19, 2013, 09:45 PM
One thing is certain> this guy got guts..shabash captain..first the BPL payment and now this..

i am with mushy here, this is certainly not an excuse, but pointing a finger and a important hint to umpires for the upcoming matches...even shakib once said the similar things in an odi series if I remember correctly, but nothing changed then..hopefuly this time it will.

Mominuls wicket was in fact the turning point of the match as far as I am concerned !

Mominul's wickets were in fact the turning points of the match.

shuziburo
March 19, 2013, 09:49 PM
I don't believe this was aimed toward the fans. He took a risk about fines, but sometimes things need to be said.

I somehow cannot believe BCB cannot afford DRS.

Most neutral fans will take Mushy's comments as whingeing. There were more atrocious no-calls or poor calls when England toured BD and we all we got were Ather's ameliorative "maybe they've not had the rub of the green" and slightly more provocative "Umpires for the Empire" headline.

Plus he will likely be docked some of his match fee for conduct detrimental to the spirit of the game.

In fairness Lankan's could argue about Sanga's out in the first innings. If he stuck around we'd have been chasing leather well past lunch on the 3rd day.

If BCB can't stop taking fancy offsites in Cox's Bazar or spending lakhs on 5-star hotel receptions, and instead use that money on DRS, then we really don't have much to blame BCCI for.

MohammedC
March 19, 2013, 09:49 PM

Shabash !

Is BCB the 2nd highest earning ICC member.

al-Sagar
March 19, 2013, 10:16 PM
well done mushy for coming out and express the truth.

this issue has been something that has been really hurting us for a long time.

i hope mushy is not charged guilty for these comments.;

cricket_pagol
March 19, 2013, 11:45 PM
I am glad mushy is pushing back... there has to be some push back against bad umpiring. Thank you Mushy!

Naimul_Hd
March 19, 2013, 11:52 PM

ain't they ? well, that's what i have been reading since they launched BPL.

Sohel
March 20, 2013, 12:05 AM

Exactly! :up:

Sohel
March 20, 2013, 12:09 AM
Hopefully in jail.

But no, he is free to roam about,only banned from umpiring.
Wish he got a criminal sentence.

Well, from a strictly legal standpoint, he simply CONSPIRED to commit a crime and perhaps could be charged as such. No money actually exchanged hands and there are entrapment issues to consider. BCB doesn't have the authority to hand out prison sentences. Only the courts do after everyone involved has been accorded due process of the law.

Rifat
March 20, 2013, 12:12 AM
Go Mushfiqur Go. We are behind you all the way :flag:

Sohel
March 20, 2013, 12:14 AM

I applaud him from the bottom of my heart for speaking the truth this way. I especially appreciate the comment that we must play more tests to improve and thereby insinuating that what passes for FC in Bangladesh simply isn't adequate to help us at the highest level.

I liked the fact that he brought up our bowlers' propensity to ball loose balls pretty much in every over, but would suggest that he also looks at his own passive field settings which do not give his bowlers better, more wicket taking areas to bowl to.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2013, 12:39 AM

That looked clearly out and the 3rd ump took 6 minutes to make sure before giving that out. What happened in the Asia Cup vs India when Shakib was stumped when it was unclear if he was out or not? Umps took 20 seconds to send him on his way. The old Bangladesh would have lost that match for sure, but thank God we pulled that one out cuz now we have 4-5 players who can win matches and not just one Ashraful or Shakib.

mij
March 20, 2013, 01:07 AM
Every test match some of the bad decision goes against us, I never seen same amount of bad decision goes to our opponent.

cricheart
March 20, 2013, 04:32 AM
Lota power-e nia to tai eisob hoiteche. Noyto "Speaking of heart" pacha dia baar hoito. I see positive change coming in our cricket leadership culture.

Holden
March 20, 2013, 09:37 AM

I highly doubt the BCB get anywhere near what the ECB get from SKY, CA would also be up there, after that who knows

Equinox
March 20, 2013, 09:45 AM
Dhoni calls umpires out all the time. Yeah, it is making an excuse but it also shows that Mushy has a backbone won't accept being walked all over.

shuziburo
March 20, 2013, 12:55 PM

Will they put him in prison if found guilty?

shuziburo
March 20, 2013, 12:57 PM
Every test match some of the bad decision goes against us, I never seen same amount of bad decision goes to our opponent.

You know which wheel gets the grease...