PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo Blog: Roar that follows the tigers

Nadim
March 21, 2013, 09:43 AM
"People think I am crazy. They tell me to stick to being a mechanic, but I sneak out," says Shoaib Al Bukhari

Shoaib Ali Bukhari can shout all day, in the heat, and not have a care in the world about where the next meal will come from or whether there will be a bed to sleep on. Sounds like just another crazy cricket fan that we have all encountered in life - or have been ourselves. But even by Bangladesh standards, he stands out for his willingness to go that extra mile - literally....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/626017.html

Enjoyed it:) Respect to this guy. I hope he gets some sort of support financially from someone for away tours...

shuziburo
March 21, 2013, 09:48 AM
Wow! The guy has passion.

M.H.Rubel
March 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
I love this guy. He is a real fan.

Night_wolf
March 21, 2013, 10:13 AM
hi is one passionate fan, our jolil chacha!..my well wishes to him

love that cricinfo took notice

SS
March 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
Wow what a dedicated fan need... Lot to learn from him... Hope team and team players arrange his trip to support them

Sohel
March 21, 2013, 10:48 AM
"After almost a month, I saw a packet of bidi [a local cigarette] which had writing in Bangla, my mothertongue. I cried for five minutes when I saw that, because I hadn't seen anything written in Bangla or heard anyone speak my language."

Upon his heroic return home, Shoaib was chastised at home. "People think I am crazy. They tell me to stick to being a mechanic, but I sneak out. I try not to miss a Bangladesh match, though sometimes getting a ticket can be so hard."

Humbled and deeply moved.

Dilscoop
March 21, 2013, 10:52 AM
I think he's just looking for attention and trying to follow that crazy Sachin fan...

Maysun
March 21, 2013, 12:03 PM
I think he's just looking for attention and trying to follow that crazy Sachin fan...

The fact that he illegally crossed into India, worked there to earn quick cash to return home, and all this just for a match proves that, he is not an attention seeker.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
Riyad er lojja kora uchit. Riyad tumi next time duck marar aagey Shoaib er kotha chinta korba. Tomare ek Test match e duibar duck marar jonno BCB 250,000 taka dey, eto taka Shoaib jibone chokkheo dekhe nai.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2013, 12:48 PM
I think every time Riyad fails in a Test match, his match fees should go to Shoaib. Sorry Shoaib, what we're offering you here is a short-lived career, but it's still going to be a lot of money.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2013, 01:18 PM
In fact I'm sure bat-pad thought I was crazy, because as soon as I saw any width I'd yell out the word 'full' and that would get my feet moving into that position.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/story/623609.html

So Riyad, every time you itch to score a duck, yell out "Shoaib!" and see if that works.

Tiger Manc
March 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
Great story. He's the true fan of Bangladesh cricket. I would love to be in the stands cheering alongside him one day.

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2013, 05:19 PM
Banglacricket.com is spiritually obligated to sponsor this guy.

Nadim
March 21, 2013, 06:13 PM
I think every time Riyad fails in a Test match, his match fees should go to Shoaib. Sorry Shoaib, what we're offering you here is a short-lived career, but it's still going to be a lot of money.

That's should apply to everyone, not just Riyad. Whoever fails should give away 50% of their match fee to Shoaib or pa**y 10 ta latthi by ATMR. Jeita mane:)

iDumb
March 21, 2013, 08:43 PM
lucky guy, doing what he loves...

tonoy
March 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
Great article. I loved this guy's passion for the team. Hope his adventures continues.

Haradhon
March 21, 2013, 09:11 PM
Banglacricket.com is spiritually obligated to sponsor this guy.
Can someone open a Paypal account for Shoaib so we can contribute; the passion he exhibits can earn a brand for him

Dilscoop
March 21, 2013, 09:37 PM
The fact that he illegally crossed into India, worked there to earn quick cash to return home, and all this just for a match proves that, he is not an attention seeker.

Good point.

Someone should advice him to buy those body suit (may be BC could buy him) so he won't have to waste money on paint or re-paint himself everyday. Although it will ruin his edge...

Nocturnal
March 21, 2013, 11:30 PM
Thanks for sharing ...

Naimul_Hd
March 22, 2013, 01:56 AM
lucky guy, doing what he loves...

Exactly.

May be he's poor, can't have the luxury to live in hotel and watch the game unlike us who are solvent enough to watch the game living in good hotel, in a good stand with DSLR camera but man, he's living his life to the fullest.

The man has what it takes to do what he loves. Salute to him.

cricket_king
March 22, 2013, 07:37 AM
What a guy. Hope he doesn't get himself into too much trouble.

Morpheous
March 22, 2013, 11:19 AM
I am not saying I am a sponsor but I surely want to contribute money for him. I guess we all can do that.
We need a Banglacricket Admin in Bangladesh who can give that money to him.
Please let us know how we can proceed. My EMail address is asifhossain1980@gmail.com

firstlane
March 22, 2013, 11:40 AM
I would like to chip in towards his painting costs until he grows a bhuri. Btw BCB should sponsor him by hiring him as the team psychologist/motivator.

Navo
March 22, 2013, 11:43 AM
^ If he is walking/hitch-hiking/bus-ing across India every once in a while, I don't see much possibility of him gaining a bhuri.

pagol-chagol
March 22, 2013, 11:54 AM
Can someone open a Paypal account for Shoaib so we can contribute; the passion he exhibits can earn a brand for him

Great idea. Paypal would be perfect. Could someone in Bangalcricket create an account? Credibility.

Navo
March 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
Unless there have been recent changes, Paypal doesn't work in Bangladesh :/

BengaliPagol
March 22, 2013, 07:40 PM
If he was such a passionate fan then he should have a BC account shouldn't he? :-|

Crisis
March 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
Ek nombor fan.
Salute!

AbuDarda
March 22, 2013, 09:40 PM
এমন পাগলা ফ্যান কিন্তু আমাদের ফুটবলের স্বর্ণালি যুগে অনেক ছিল,ক্রিকেটেও আইসিসি ট্রফি যুগের আগে পরে খুব একটা কম ছিল না,কিন্তু বছরের পর দলকে হারতে দেখে অনেকের ই আগ্রহ কমে গেছে। আশা করি এখন আবার সেই ক্রেজ শুরু হবে।