PDA

View Full Version : Should Ziaur Rahman open the bowling?

BengaliPagol
March 24, 2013, 01:59 AM
Should Zia open the bowling instead of the jokers Abul/Rubel/Shahadat? :umm:

Sohel
March 24, 2013, 02:19 AM
Will you open another thread if Zia becomes a joker as well? What makes you think Rubel, Raju or Rajib won't be able to bounce back but Zia's effective military mediums won't be figured out in the next few games and he won't be taken to task instead, just like the ones you're calling jokers here? :)

This is not EA cricket with AI players. Anybody can have a bad day or go through bad patches.

ma_o_mati
March 24, 2013, 03:01 AM
Why not. If he can bowl consistently stump to stump then yes. Our opening pairs just cant bowl without giving freebies to sanga and dilshan. U see there r the shahadat, abul, shafiul type bowlers and also masrafee, nazmul and rasel type bowlers. Who is more effective type? If zia can do the basic right as he shown in this game and the last t20 game then ya he should be our main bowler until mash nd nazmul come back. No more erratic pacers plz.

jeesh
March 24, 2013, 04:45 AM
Why only Zia? Ask Nasir to bowl his medium pacers, he ll also keep it tight. This tour is a real eye opener. We are getting competitive with the bat, and no flukes. We are scoring consistently Now we really need to figure out our bowling if we are to win matches.

Shaan
March 24, 2013, 05:12 AM
where is Tapash, he could have easily make into team as a replacement of Najmul or even Abul or Rubel. Why our selectors are hiding our bowlers?? in sake of what ?? Zia as a opener bower never !!

Rinathq
March 24, 2013, 05:17 AM
Rasel, Tapash, Sajidul, Sharif are still better than Rajib

simon
March 24, 2013, 05:31 AM
if we can open with spinners then why not ?
HE can keep it tight, our jokers tend to release all the pressure in the 1st 5 overs.

Gowza
March 24, 2013, 05:34 AM
Tsotsobe only bowls around 120-125kph and he is a terrific ODI bowler, selectors need to get over this obsession they have for pace, slower bowlers can do well to. Line and length is a really good weapon.

Saifulsohel
March 24, 2013, 05:41 AM
Any mod, please make a poll thread. My vote is yes. He is way better than rubel/abul/shahadat.

simon
March 24, 2013, 05:45 AM
Zia'r pace lagena, or Sunil Shetty marka deho dekhe batsmen ra auto-defensive mode e choila jay

ReZ_1
March 24, 2013, 06:53 AM
Zia's bowling makes me remember of chachu, same military style bowling with army chul chaat..

al-Sagar
March 24, 2013, 07:03 AM
Zia'r pace lagena, or Sunil Shetty marka deho dekhe batsmen ra auto-defensive mode e choila jay

batsman ra bhabe, e mone hoy are venkatesh prasad, je mash e hoito ekta faster delivery korbe

Shaan
March 24, 2013, 07:03 AM
Zia'r pace lagena, or Sunil Shetty marka deho dekhe batsmen ra auto-defensive mode e choila jay:lol::floor:

well, he was good in the middle overs but with new ball I have doubt, but you never know..

Crisis
March 24, 2013, 08:38 AM
Yes, absolutely. Zia is better than our out of form regular pacers.

cricheart
March 24, 2013, 10:03 AM
He is definitely worthy for a trial. But tbh this would absolute insulting to our other phast bowlers, where captain aint having faith to give new ball to them.
Yep his bowling reminds me Sujon's style as well :)

Night_wolf
March 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
should zia even be in the odi team?

roman
March 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
He has just had one decent match, got speed of 120+, and we want him to open our bowling. It indicates how poor our fast bowlers are. And to be honest, any Jodu Modu is better than our Abul, Shahadat. So why not Zia.

simon
March 24, 2013, 11:42 AM
He has just had one decent match, got speed of 120+, and we want him to open our bowling. It indicates how poor our fast bowlers are. And to be honest, any Jodu Modu is better than our Abul, Shahadat. So why not Zia.

besides it's not only once, Zia in our last T20 had an eco rate of 4,whereas others were 11,15,10
check it http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/587476.html

M.H.Rubel
March 24, 2013, 12:50 PM
should zia even be in the odi team?

In seaming condition we need a 3rd pacer. In his early part of career he was a genuine pacer. If he can continue 5/6 overs,in that case he has some chance to survive as ODI player. Another point is he is improving his hit or mis batting.

Tiger444
March 24, 2013, 01:06 PM
Might as well try. Our bowling plans needs to be different because whatever we did the other night just didn't work. Have Shahadat/Abul bowl with the new ball alongsides Zia. Then have Rubel bowl with the old ball since he's better at that anyways. Even if Shahadat or Abul leak runs with the new ball, hopefully Zia would hold up 1 side enough so that the spinners have at least something to work with.

Rabz
March 24, 2013, 01:57 PM
Zia may call for an opening bowling change under the leadership of Rahim on the evening of 25th March to bring victory for the team !

Gowza
March 24, 2013, 03:58 PM
He is definitely worthy for a trial. But tbh this would absolute insulting to our other phast bowlers, where captain aint having faith to give new ball to them.
Yep his bowling reminds me Sujon's style as well :)

well if that's what it takes for them to realise that they need to learn and improve then so be it. maybe giving the ball to zia will light a fire under them and give them enough motivation to take the ball back off him. although they'd probably just give up and let him have the opening spot.

zsayeed
March 24, 2013, 04:02 PM
Zia maybe the tota needed at hambantota.

Fazal
March 24, 2013, 04:16 PM
Zia maybe the tota needed at hambantota.

But if he fails in the next game, pretty soon he will be the "Humba" instead.

zsayeed
March 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
But if he fails in the next game, pretty soon he will be the "Humba" instead.

Hamba... Tota... - that is life - oscillating between existence and not. Such is life.

Gowza
March 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
i say if his body can handle it, give him ago. let's face it he isn't a batsman, he's not even a good enough batsman to warrant a spot in the team as an allrounder, maybe with time his batting will improve and he can be considered as a bowling allrounder, that's also if he can continue bowling like this.

we're missing mash and nazmul, zia can do their job while they're injured at least, he's looked quite effective with the couple of chances he's had lately.

BengaliPagol
March 25, 2013, 02:56 AM
With the new ball he could quite possibly get extra bounce and create problems. I'm not picking him as opening bowler because he bowled well last game. I'm picking him because our so called 'full time pacers' cannot bowl. So this tactic of opening with Ziaur could be a hit or miss but its worth a try.

@Sohel bhai i dont think its hard to 'figure out' 120k bowlers. At the end of the day its upto the bowlers to adjust to the situation if the batsmen happens to be targeting them. If he can do variations in lengths at specific times or bowl clever yorkers if the batsmen seem to want to smash him out of the park then it means he is adjusting to the given situation and could quite possibly put the batsmen under pressure.

And looking at his bowling stats its fair to say he is definitely worth a try...

Sohel
March 25, 2013, 03:29 AM
@BP: Zia, in light of just ONE international game, looked much better than his fellow seamers in terms of economy. If he can keep this up most of the time (NOBODY succeeds all of the time) against quality opposition and under a variety of conditions, he'll indeed prove to be a valuable CONTAINMENT seamer for us. These guys depend on unforced batting error to get their wickets and are never a good option for tests or in some wicket-taking situations in T20Is. We already have someone like that in Nazmul. Guys like Nowadays Rasel, Farhad, Talha and Mukhtar Ali are also made in the same mold. I don't think Zia is in their class.

I'd rather not waste the new ball with someone incapable of generating pace through the air or early swing with wind and moisture in the air, both important on flat tracks and beyond, and aren't actively looking for early breakthroughs. Accurate slow bowling is a much better containment option with the new ball because the ball comes on to the bat a bit slower and a slow bowler has more time to adjust late.

BengaliPagol
March 25, 2013, 03:56 AM
Now he has a very good chance to show what he has got. Cmon Ziaur fire them in!

Sohel
March 25, 2013, 03:57 AM
Now he has a very good chance to show what he has got. Cmon Ziaur fire them in!

He's in so I'm behind him and everyone else in the starting lineup 100%. I hope he's first change.

Yasin.
March 25, 2013, 04:28 AM
Bowled decently.

He is definitely not threatening and maybe that could be an advantage the way Dillu and Kusal were swinging and missing. Though I dont think he will often be bowling his 10 overs. Could do a Collingwood/Ganguly sort of job for us, bowling wise.

al-Sagar
March 25, 2013, 04:28 AM
so far 2-0-9-0, whereas rubel went for 3-0-20-0

did well so far

Equinox
March 25, 2013, 04:40 AM
Rubel/Abul should never open the bowling. That should be Mash/Nazmul/Zia's job. L&L + control surmounts everything else when bowling with the new ball.

BengaliPagol
March 25, 2013, 05:05 AM
Not bad my friend.

Sohel
March 28, 2013, 04:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5zKXz.gif

shakibrulz
March 28, 2013, 01:16 PM
Did surprisingly okay. Getting away with 6.50 on this pitch ain't terrible for a supposed part timer.
Has been in awful form with the bat, so I'd rather try out Mukhtar Ali or Alauddin Babu as an alternative. Or even Reza.

al-Sagar
March 28, 2013, 01:23 PM
zia looks promising but not exciting ....... looks to have a better brain than some other bowlers .......

can he regain some of his old pace and fitness of bowling ????

not too optimistic about his batting though agaisnt top team but could be a good mnnow basher at home or homely condtions abroad

simon
March 28, 2013, 01:33 PM
the only thing Zia should open is the gate of BCB, his body structure would make him a good gate keeper.