PDA

View Full Version : The best pace attack u have seen so far for BD ???

al-Sagar
March 25, 2013, 04:48 AM
in the 1999 WC Hasibul hossain shanto and Monjurul Islam did quite well. also shafiuddin ahmed babu complemented them well at times.

mashrafe-rasel was a fine duo too later. tapash baisya did well as a third pacer with the duo.

saiful-anis-shanto did well during our associate days.

md. sharif,talha jubair, bikash ranjan das had some cameo spells .....

in the earlier days our pacers may not have the pace but had better control.

Sohel
March 25, 2013, 04:53 AM
1. Tests: Not observed yet.

2. ODIs: Koushik-Rasel (2007 WC) and RBX-Shuhash (2011 WC)

3. T20Is: Not observed yet.

Nadim
March 25, 2013, 04:55 AM
Anwar Hossain Monir and Alamgir Kabir

Sohel
March 25, 2013, 04:57 AM

Mushfiq Babu as first change.

BengaliPagol
March 25, 2013, 05:06 AM
I've never seen a quality pace attack besides Mashrafe & Rasel. I fear that i will never see one in my lifetime

Rinathq
March 25, 2013, 05:12 AM
Mashrafe- Rasel clearly the best duo seen by me
for test, really i cant remember. Although if I remember correctly, Mashrafe-SRK combo was probably thes best we saw around 2006-2008 period

al-Sagar
March 25, 2013, 05:21 AM

Mushfiq Babu as first change.

mafizur rahman munna/zakir hasan to complete the quartet ..........

who will be the lone spinner ???? jamal uddin babu/ suhrawardy shuvo/ shariful haque plabon

mij
March 25, 2013, 05:30 AM
I've never seen a quality pace attack besides Mashrafe & Rasel. I fear that i will never see one in my lifetime

:up: I remember those days.

Habib
March 25, 2013, 06:19 AM
who will be the lone spinner ???? jamal uddin babu/ suhrawardy shuvo/ shariful haque plabon

Fahim Muntasir with his back-breaking action.
On topic:
ODIs- Mashrafe-Rasel
Tests-Shahadat(when he was getting those 5-fers). No partner was needed.
T20s- None.

Sohel
March 25, 2013, 06:22 AM
How about great spinners from our fabled past? Fahim Muntasir and my favorite: Sanwar Hossain.

jeesh
March 25, 2013, 06:25 AM
Mashrafee and Rasel complemented each other well. Mashrafee with his pace, bounce and energy, Rasel with his swing and accuracy.

Its sad but i think even Hasibul Hossain/ Shafiuddin Babu bowled better as a pair compared to our current list of bowlers. At least they could bowl ten overs without having to be taken off for a spinner. Tells how the state of our bowling. Open your eyes selectors, BCB

Gowza
March 25, 2013, 06:26 AM
Best pace attack on ODIs was definitely mash/rasel, in tests probably the earlier days of shahadat with mash.

Maysun
March 25, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mashrafe & Rasel by a mile.

M.H.Rubel
March 25, 2013, 06:28 AM
I always miss Russel when its a short format. Mash_Russel is our best combo in ODI so far.

roman
March 25, 2013, 06:36 AM
What happened to Rasel? I know Siddons used to hate him but what happened to him now? Injured?

Test-
Mash's Test spell against NZ in NZ was simply outstanding. He got injured after that test :(

ODI- Mash's WC 2007 spell agianst India. Still remember Mash's inswinger to rip off Shewag's Off stump.

HereWeGo
March 25, 2013, 06:40 AM
Three prong Pace attack of Taskin, Abul and first change Rubel...

I am not joking... they will make a very good combination... Despite the failure in Srilanka I am still optimistic abt them

jeesh
March 25, 2013, 06:55 AM
What happened to Rasel? I know Siddons used to hate him but what happened to him now? Injured?

Test-
Mash's Test spell against NZ in NZ was simply outstanding. He got injured after that test :(

ODI- Mash's WC 2007 spell agianst India. Still remember Mash's inswinger to rip off Shewag's Off stump.
Did he play in BPL?

Anyway he played 6 matches in the NCL. Picked up 14 wickets.

firstlane
March 25, 2013, 07:07 AM

I am not joking... they will make a very good combination... Despite the failure in Srilanka I am still optimistic abt them

I believe that as well. Specially at test level they have a chance to become a formidable trio. We need a good bowling coach at the national camp to manage them though.

shuziburo
March 25, 2013, 09:31 AM

Neither Abul nor Rubel use their brains and has not been accurate. Rubel has bowled well in the past. But, probably needs a good coach to keep him straight during the match.

shuziburo
March 25, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mash and Rasel. But, Rubel and Shafiul bowled well in the final 3 matches during the NZ whitewash.

tiger1000
March 25, 2013, 09:48 AM
we've had one pair, that wasnt embarrassing that was Rasel and Mortaza

dark mage
March 25, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mash and Rassel for ODIs

None for tests

Awla
March 25, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hasibul Hossain Shanto & Mohammed Sharif

Dilscoop
March 25, 2013, 11:05 AM
Nasir Hossain and Zia

affan_ayan
March 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
best trio of pacers - simon, pont, lamisa

Tiger Manc
March 25, 2013, 04:20 PM
Mashrafe and Nazmul. Sri Lanka 6/5.

Zeeshan
March 25, 2013, 04:33 PM
Mashrafe and Nazmul. Sri Lanka 6/5.

It remains an unique and isolated curio along bowling out Windies for 61 or so as well as Abul's century. But these are topics for a separate thread.

I have to say Nazmul and Mashrafe in Test against South Africa not procuring wickets but was impeccable in line and length other than the current idiots like Rabul.

al Furqaan
March 25, 2013, 04:50 PM

For ODI - I think Taskin/Rubel/Mashrafee/Nazmul

For Tests we don't have anyone so I want to see how Taskin does with Rubel and Robiul bowling from the other end. Abul should just be groomed as a pacer all rounder

RazabQ
March 25, 2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64019.html

Arguably our best pace bowling performance in Tests. Actually when we had an in form Taposh, Masree and Manjurul, we were decent.

Crisis
March 25, 2013, 06:22 PM
Mashrafe and Syed Rasel undoubtedly!

Rasel in action

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HVRr0SDc1FQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Syed Rasel tribute song
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZXwPNUqH4k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZXwPNUqH4k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Don't dismiss slow pacers :
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0IUuRqyQuw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o0IUuRqyQuw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Shehwar
March 25, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mashrafe in patches in his hay days. He is the closest thing to a quailty pace bowler. Everyone else with all due respect will struggle to make the first eleven of my minor county team here.