PDA

View Full Version : What can you do if someone's avatar offends you deeply?

Roey Haque
March 27, 2013, 11:54 AM
Will the mods accept such a request, and force the other person to change their avatar?

zsayeed
March 27, 2013, 12:34 PM
Yes you can ask mods - they have done so before.

Zeeshan
March 27, 2013, 12:47 PM
it's not bonglababu's...is it?

Nadim
March 27, 2013, 12:57 PM
I know who is it ;)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Zeeshan
March 27, 2013, 01:06 PM
bk's huh?

Shehwar
March 27, 2013, 01:22 PM
But I love Michael Jackson!!!

zsayeed
March 27, 2013, 02:04 PM
I have my forum CP set to no avatars - so I have no idea anymore.

Roey Haque
March 27, 2013, 03:24 PM
But I love Michael Jackson!!!

I do too!

Roey Haque
March 27, 2013, 03:25 PM
I have my forum CP set to no avatars - so I have no idea anymore.

Wow mayne. Were you getting offended left and right? But wise choice.

Roey Haque
March 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
I know who is it ;)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Yeah? So you too must have been facing agony inside like me.

zsayeed
March 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
Wow mayne. Were you getting offended left and right? But wise choice.

Was fed up with gif avatars jumping out at at readers on the page - distracting from the reading. And don't need to see avatars to get distracted by poster's likes - just want to read it.

Same reason I deactivated signatures too - don't want sub-messages showing allegiances, biases etc.

Find it a good way to separate the message from the messenger - and my memory has its own way of forgetting correlation of past messages and messengers.

Keep it simple silly! :)

If possible - I would make the "titles" of posters disappear as well - don't want to be clouded by rank, serial number, hierarchy - sage, legend, admin, mod - etc. Take the message as it is - we are all human here. Period.

Zunaid
March 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
Roey - stop being such a drama queen. The forum rules spell out what's appropriate and what's not and what a member's recourse is. Just use the report button.

iDumb
March 27, 2013, 06:00 PM
roye if an ugly face of a member offends you i don think you can report that..... reporting would be offensive i would think....u might get banned for reporting... what to do what to do.

Roey Haque
March 27, 2013, 08:02 PM
Roey - stop being such a drama queen. The forum rules spell out what's appropriate and what's not and what a member's recourse is. Just use the report button.

Yes. Thanks. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway I will solve the matter myself.

Roey Haque
March 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
Was fed up with gif avatars jumping out at at readers on the page - distracting from the reading. And don't need to see avatars to get distracted by poster's likes - just want to read it.

Same reason I deactivated signatures too - don't want sub-messages showing allegiances, biases etc.

Find it a good way to separate the message from the messenger - and my memory has its own way of forgetting correlation of past messages and messengers.

Keep it simple silly! :)

If possible - I would make the "titles" of posters disappear as well - don't want to be clouded by rank, serial number, hierarchy - sage, legend, admin, mod - etc. Take the message as it is - we are all human here. Period.

Haha.Okay. Karl Marx approved.:)

Bonglababu
March 27, 2013, 09:22 PM
hey .... como estas papa?
it's not bonglababu's...is it?