PDA

View Full Version : How about starting a petition?

shakibrulz
March 31, 2013, 11:29 PM
To sack the selectors or improve their selections along with other major aspects we are concerned about? At least it would bring some attention to the issue, now it's as if no one gives a **** about this awful, awful selection and team management :facepalm:

Share your thoughts below, probably we could start an online petition and forward it to BCB. Probably Isam can help us a bit on that regard too.

Points to be included:

Sack the selectors for their repeatedly awful selections, neither based on talent or performance.
Work on improving the already depleted stock of pace bowlers. Initiate a pace hunt and find the resources to start a pace bowling academy.

... and more will be added. Please make your suggestions below.

Rifat
March 31, 2013, 11:31 PM
signed.

Sohel
March 31, 2013, 11:31 PM
I'll sign it but it won't do any good.

shakibrulz
March 31, 2013, 11:32 PM
signed.
Get your suggestions rolling, I'll update OP with suggestions to be included in the petition and post the petition for everyone to sign after that. Say in change.org/avaaz or something.

riajul
March 31, 2013, 11:32 PM
Signed
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Dilscoop
March 31, 2013, 11:38 PM
Great ShakZ. Now here comes Akram mama with his resignation letter, (which is pretty much what we want), and knowing how the Khan bahini works, I afraid, this time Tamim will retire to sport his support for his shorty.

BD_TigerZ
April 1, 2013, 12:45 AM
Green pitches? Mandatory 3 pacers per team?

Naimul_Hd
April 1, 2013, 12:50 AM
Like Sohel bhai said, nothing will change the selection policy does not matter if its Akram or Bulbul. They only pick the players according to 'upper level' command. Otherwise, Akram, Nannu is not that foolish to select Shahadat for T20 who just had a terrible Test Series in SL.

sarwar
April 1, 2013, 12:59 AM
for the moments, suggesting will be difficult, because my head is not working because of tears and anger,
however my suggestions for the moments:

1.Coaches Issue : Fire our headcoach. Recruit solid batting coach, solid pace bowling coach, solid spin bowling coach (for slas, offies ang leggies recruit part time coaches....Rafique can be a role model as sla coach because of his experience and fighting attitude, bring back saqi, find suitable one for leggies also).As headcoach find a stratigist who can asses situation correctly and make and change plan asrequired (one like Whatmore, who may be not the best coach for technique but surely one of the bests for stratigy)

2.Bowling issues :Arrange regular concentration camp for developing diciplined bowling.Stop investing on low potential bowlers, pick some more bowlers through hunting programmes and invest on them
3.Team selection issue:Recruit experts from foreign countries to advise our selectors, SLAs are our strength, remember WC 2007, when we fielded 3 spinners all of whom were SLAs to the surprise of many,But, the variation of them in similiar action made many batsmen confused and we got our best result in WC.keep at least 2 SLAs in our XI,Assign role to each player and stick to it, such as field Nasir always in the batting order of a match finisher.

Rifat
April 1, 2013, 01:14 AM
Get your suggestions rolling, I'll update OP with suggestions to be included in the petition and post the petition for everyone to sign after that. Say in change.org/avaaz or something.

1. Initiate another Grameen Phone/{insert sponsor here} Pacer Hunt program.(why did it stop?) HIGH PRIORITY

2. Initiate a Fitness Camp the players are well-educated on how to maintain a balanced healthy diet/lifestyle even when they are not playing cricket so that the chances of injury is minimal. Players need to learn how to stay fit and take excellent care of their body. Shruwadi Shuvo seems to me an Ideal Example of this :)

3. Invite Afghanistan to participate in our BCL/NCL tournaments to spice things up.

4. During off season, before a major series let the players go through a boot camp(can be merged with fitness camp) for at least two weeks.

5. Organize more A team tours

Jadukor
April 1, 2013, 01:57 AM
Signed

-I want the new selectors to come up with a standardized process regarding the selection of the squad
-Players selected for Tests should be based on longer version FC cricket + A team performance
-Players selected for limited overs should be based on DPL BPL and A team performance
-Only Pacers with averages below 40 in domestic cricket should be considered for all formats

crikss
April 1, 2013, 02:35 AM
Like Sohel bhai said, nothing will change the selection policy does not matter if its Akram or Bulbul. They only pick the players according to 'upper level' command. Otherwise, Akram, Nannu is not that foolish to select Shahadat for T20 who just had a terrible Test Series in SL.

That's true . He might end up getting another chance.

wktkeeper
April 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
i dont know why but i feel SRK will get a chance in Zim series as well. the only excuse to exclude him will be his honeymoon, not his performance :)

BengaliPagol
April 1, 2013, 04:31 AM
If it includes getting Shahadat out of national colours or goof then i'll sign

cricket_king
April 1, 2013, 06:45 AM
Just get rid of Shahadat. That's all I want.

BD_TigerZ
April 1, 2013, 07:19 AM
Just get rid of Shahadat. That's all I want.

This. :up:

Miraz
April 1, 2013, 08:01 AM
I think we should start a petition to ICC to introduce neutral umpires for all internationals.

Roey Haque
April 1, 2013, 09:35 AM
Signed.

But I don't think it's necessary to put extra resources in developing pace bowlers. I mean you have to play to your strength. Our spin stock is more valuable than some other teams. When you have lemons, make lemonade. And it also relates to the 1st point about selection, had the selectors made wiser choices, perhaps those guys would perform to our expectations, and you wouldn't be calling the pace attack bleak.

Also,also,also..........pleaseeeeeeee make DRS mandatory for all our matches. That would solve bad umpiring.

ms01
April 1, 2013, 09:36 AM
Best is to tweet @ BCB @ICC @ Banglacricket with same message "We Need Change in Selection Panel" make this viral.- I hope this will raise awareness

Roey Haque
April 1, 2013, 09:39 AM

Who are these "upper level" morons?

Does Shahdat have a family member in politics or something?

cricheart
April 1, 2013, 10:28 AM
BC-te lokjon cheita ache mone hocche. Ami Kalker tea20-ta miss korchi, maaf korben tai choto ekta question. Sunlam SL tour naki successful hoiche. Eita ki SRK for Zia reaction? naki sref KFC Akram hate issue.

khankm
April 1, 2013, 11:52 AM
I do not sign. Selectors are doing a wonderful job! Apart from shahadat selection there is no other problem. Look at our status when this selection panel took over and where we are right now. Do not forget the past. We had limited resources, all pacers were injured, no other option left.....the only concern is why shahadat was selected over zia who was doing a better job in odi.

khankm
April 1, 2013, 11:53 AM
to sack the selectors or improve their selections along with other major aspects we are concerned about? At least it would bring some attention to the issue, now it's as if no one gives a **** about this awful, awful selection and team management :facepalm:

Share your thoughts below, probably we could start an online petition and forward it to bcb. Probably isam can help us a bit on that regard too.

Points to be included:

sack the selectors for their repeatedly awful selections, neither based on talent or performance.
work on improving the already depleted stock of pace bowlers. Initiate a pace hunt and find the resources to start a pace bowling academy.

... And more will be added. Please make your suggestions below.

do not agree

sarwar
April 1, 2013, 11:57 AM
I missed atleat one point.

4.UDRS Issue:Keep cricket free from politics .Bad umpiring is killing us! But only to align with the position of India, BCB is not using UDRS.We require to support our team, not India.

LateCut
April 1, 2013, 12:34 PM
1) Develop feeder channels from outside BD. For example, we should be able to entice some Afgani pacer to play for us.
2) Invite net bowlers from Pakistan
3) Allow foreign players (at least two) in the first class teams
4) Get invited to foreign 1st-class tournaments
5) Arrange more A-Team entcounters even if these are against associate teams

Competition and Parctice will bring success.

al Furqaan
April 1, 2013, 12:39 PM
I think we should start a petition to ICC to introduce neutral umpires for all internationals.

Thanks. Although we get shafted by the neutrals too. But at least that would take away Moni's self-serving blunders.

On topic, I've always stated that the selectors mostly do a decent job. I'll stand by them here. Although the pace attack they've picked is total crap, it reflects the pace stocks we have in the country.That being said, my top two pacers are Robiul and Nazmul.

khankm
April 1, 2013, 06:03 PM
Fully agree!

Max100
April 1, 2013, 06:21 PM
Who are these "upper level" morons?

Does Shahdat have a family member in politics or something?

i like ur avatar. u make ur points cleared by not saying anything but showing ur protest sign

Max100
April 1, 2013, 06:23 PM
signed, yes.

athik
April 1, 2013, 07:10 PM
signed yes

athik
April 1, 2013, 07:16 PM
Shahdat is "mostly benched by Khulna Royal Bengals in the BPL earlier this year." Cricinfo.com - so how comes our selectors continually select him. Hes been tried and tested too many times. Let us down/ cost us too many matches/ tournaments. How is it other players like Nazmul are not given that many chances (when he is fit)

catstrophy
April 1, 2013, 07:22 PM
Signed. RN.

Murad
April 1, 2013, 07:35 PM
I thought they did a good job in this series? No?

1. Shafiul got injured playing a local game in his hometown just before the tour.
2. Rubel wasn't fit for first Test
3. They did selected Enam Jr but he didn't tell anyone about his injury before the selection.
4. Taskin was also injured.
5. SN cut his hand.
6. Abul Hasan is everyones favorite. HC-BC loves him.
7. Nazmul also got injured in SL before playing any games.

List is very long.

They had very few options left. That's the reason they've selected 4 pacers for Test series. If we have to blame anyone, blame the team management (Captain, coach and analysts).

So who was left out?
Sajedul? he just played a few FC games and a T20 after coming from long term injury. And he was't fit from the look. He got FAT.

They should have selected Nazmul for Test series but he wasn't fit for FC games either. He missed so many FC games this season if im not wrong.

cricket_pagol
April 1, 2013, 08:00 PM
it was definitely a bad call by the think tank to go with shahadat in T20.

Rifat
April 1, 2013, 11:38 PM
Can DRS(Decision Review System) be implemented both in home and away matches?

shakibrulz
April 2, 2013, 03:45 AM
Well for starters - they kept picking Shahadat and Rubel despite being horribly out of form (in the shorter formats). The best bowler of BPL then had to sit out of T20. Somehow still persists with Abul despite him being far from ready. And for some weird reason, they seem to think it's okay to play 3 pacers, and ones that go for 5+ RPO at that. Could've played Mosharraf Hossain or even Razzak in the 2nd test, for starters. Your pacers might be injured, but you do have plenty of spin options - Rubel and Sajib for starters.

These things do matter. Bangladesh is already a lower ranked team - you don't have to hand the match to the opposition on a platter before even the match starts. Which is why I said either sack them OR improve the selection. I mean this is just common sense, anyone can work it out.

Jadukor
April 3, 2013, 08:50 AM
Well for starters - they kept picking Shahadat and Rubel despite being horribly out of form (in the shorter formats). The best bowler of BPL then had to sit out of T20. Somehow still persists with Abul despite him being far from ready. And for some weird reason, they seem to think it's okay to play 3 pacers, and ones that go for 5+ RPO at that. Could've played Mosharraf Hossain or even Razzak in the 2nd test, for starters. Your pacers might be injured, but you do have plenty of spin options - Rubel and Sajib for starters.

These things do matter. Bangladesh is already a lower ranked team - you don't have to hand the match to the opposition on a platter before even the match starts. Which is why I said either sack them OR improve the selection. I mean this is just common sense, anyone can work it out.

:up::up::up:

LateCut
April 3, 2013, 09:06 AM
I thought they did a good job in this series? No?

1. Shafiul got injured playing a local game in his hometown just before the tour.
2. Rubel wasn't fit for first Test
3. They did selected Enam Jr but he didn't tell anyone about his injury before the selection.
4. Taskin was also injured.
5. SN cut his hand.
6. Abul Hasan is everyones favorite. HC-BC loves him.
7. Nazmul also got injured in SL before playing any games.

List is very long.

Add to that Shakib, Tamim and Mashrafi. At one point I counted 11 probables were out due to injuries. God knows how many were hiding their injuries and played. Shahadat looked to me as hurting or at best unfit. I also had doubt about Anamul and Mahmudullah. Our fielding reinforced this suspicion. These kids were running and diving at slow motion. I think I can outrun most of these bunch. I will take one draw and a win form this handicapped group anytime.

Fire the physio! :floor:

shuziburo
April 3, 2013, 01:16 PM
i dont know why but i feel SRK will get a chance in Zim series as well. the only excuse to exclude him will be his honeymoon, not his performance :)

Many brides will be unwilling to be seen with someone like him and might not want to go to a honeymoon. Then the team will be stuck with him again.

shuziburo
April 3, 2013, 01:17 PM

Performance or "performance" ???

shuziburo
April 3, 2013, 01:20 PM
Start a petition, keep it simple (1 or 2 demands), and post here. Many will sign.

Should be addressed to BCB for BD issues and to ICC for umpiring, etc.