PDA

View Full Version : Bad stadiums, poor facilities, no upgrades or opening ceremony - BCB making T20 WC a disaster

javed789
April 5, 2013, 08:59 PM
Please delete this thread

BengaliPagol
April 5, 2013, 09:03 PM
Hey Pakistani Fan, when's the next time your country will host a series or anything in general?

BengaliPagol
April 5, 2013, 09:05 PM
If your a BD supporter Javed789 then ignore my previous post

Naimul_Hd
April 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
Bad stadium - We have better stadium than SL, Zim, WI, NZ. After organizing WC 11, i don't think stadium will an issue.

Poor facilities- Yep, its my concern too. Since Men and Women's WC will be held at the same time in different venues, providing good facilities will be a major concern. In BPL, we have seen how those foreigners enjoyed (!) their stay in Khulna.

Opening Ceremony- No opening ceremony ! Its a good news. It will be a blessing in disguise. I'd say, rather having an opening ceremony would be a disaster knowing our expertise (!) in giving speeches, singing and dancing. :)

NoName
April 5, 2013, 09:06 PM
If your a BD supporter Javed789 then ignore my previous post

lol:lol:

javed789
April 5, 2013, 10:06 PM
I am a big fan and supporter of BD but am shocked at BCB and our facilities and capacity. BCB not building new stadiums or even improving existing systems for such a big tournament and future benefit of BD

Dilscoop
April 5, 2013, 11:01 PM
I am a big fan and supporter of BD but am shocked at BCB and our facilities and capacity. BCB not building new stadiums or even improving existing systems for such a big tournament and future benefit of BD

Can we get a source of this info? How do you know they aren't doing anything?

ReZ_1
April 5, 2013, 11:47 PM
However the biggest concern is the political issue

ahnaf
April 6, 2013, 02:06 AM
bcb working to improve existing facilities of our stadiums for a while, Thats why matches of Wi tour were held in Khulna as construction work was going on at mirpur stadium that time.

jeesh
April 6, 2013, 04:17 AM
Situation is not as grave as you make it sound. I think our facilities are fine. If i have any complains it is the nature of wickets. But even for that BCB tried to import soil from Australia, a move than was rejected by the Environmental Ministry.

javed789
April 6, 2013, 05:04 AM

Dilscoop
April 6, 2013, 07:41 AM
First admit that you opened a stupid, source less thread.

This guy is never gonna show his face around here again. :lol:

Ajfar
April 6, 2013, 10:17 AM
Can we host 16 countries at the same time? That should be our number 1 concern. Think the most we had to host at once was during the ICC Knockout world cup back in 1999.

Zunaid
April 6, 2013, 10:26 AM
Can we host 16 countries at the same time? That should be our number 1 concern. Think the most we had to host at once was during the ICC Knockout world cup back in 1999.

Don't forget the extremely successful and jam-packed stadiums of the U-19 World Cup we hosted.

Hasan2k8
April 6, 2013, 01:40 PM
Would be nice if anyone can possibly show the latest updates on the stadiums! Really curious to know what bcb done/doing to develop Sylhet stadium.

javed789
April 6, 2013, 04:14 PM
Dilscoop I didnt open a baseless thread. Syhlet and Cox Bazaar have been stalled due to politics

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/628393.html

BengaliPagol
April 6, 2013, 06:35 PM
Dilscoop I didnt open a baseless thread. Syhlet and Cox Bazaar have been stalled due to politics

your thread title says otherwise.

javed789
April 7, 2013, 12:28 AM
My thread is correct as all work is stalled and stadiums will not be built in time. WC will be shifted to SA.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/628393.html

MohammedC
April 7, 2013, 12:31 AM
My thread is correct as all work is stalled and stadiums will not be built in time. WC will be shifted to SA.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/628393.html

And you have been to all stadiums have you?

Naimul_Hd
April 7, 2013, 12:43 AM

I am quoting the lines from your link. Try to read it again

"As far as I know, the Cox's Stadium will be handed over to the BCB. We can start work next week if we receive a letter in this regard on Sunday. We will begin work on the wicket and ground as soon as possible.

"There is not much left to do in the Sylhet venue. The floodlights and the dressing-room are there to be completed. It is stalled due to bureaucracy, so if it is delayed we will build it using BCB's finances," said Hassan.

Where does it say that 'Syhlet and Cox Bazaar have been stalled due to politics' ? Sylhet Stadium is already built. Only thing left are floodlights and dressing room. It should not take more than couple of months to build those.

Cox's bazar stadium is stalled due to politics ? where does it say ? show me !

javed789
April 7, 2013, 02:14 AM
Naimul HD - Read the headline on the title - It clearly states that

Naimul_Hd
April 7, 2013, 02:29 AM
Naimul HD - Read the headline on the title - It clearly states that

What title ? Title of your given link ? It says:

BCB optimistic about World Twenty20 preparation

now, answer my question from above post.