PDA

View Full Version : SAFF Championship 2013

sujon
August 26, 2013, 05:32 AM
No thread on this yet? Delete this if there is already one.

I am very excited about this tourny. We are in a hard group with India, Pakistan and Nepal. I hope we can make it through. We have got an excellent coaching stuff and the team should perform! Can't wait until we meet the Nepalese!

Rabz
August 26, 2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the thread.

Im excited as well, but not too hopeful.
While we do have an excellent and complete set of coaching staff, probably for the first time in our history, I dont expect the boys to perform some miracle with only 2-3 months of practice under the new Dutch coach.

Indians have gone far too ahead and Nepalese would be hard to beat in their own soil.

Irrespective of the result, we need to persist with this set up of coaching staff.

Naimul_Hd
August 26, 2013, 08:22 AM
The way Cricket, Hockey and other sports are going down and down, i don't have any high hopes in this tournament against mighty India and equally tough opponents like Pakistan and Nepal !

Another 1st round exist is on the card !!

mufi_02
August 26, 2013, 09:00 AM
The way Cricket, Hockey and other sports are going down and down, i don't have any high hopes in this tournament against mighty India and equally tough opponents like Pakistan and Nepal !

Hockey isn't going down. In fact recently we played well and that attracted some corporate sponsors.

But I am really excited for this year's SAFF. Expensive coach unit should be able to deliver. We have one NRB from Netherland (?) as well. The dutch football might have an effect :)

Zunaid
August 26, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hockey isn't going down. In fact recently we played well and that attracted some corporate sponsors.

Check the Asian Games thread.

Yes. We. Are. Doomed.

mufi_02
August 26, 2013, 09:03 AM
Here is the full schedule for our matches --

31 August 2013 18:30 Nepal VS Bangladesh
3 September 2013 15:30 India VS Bangladesh
5 September 2013 15:30 Pakistan VS Bangladesh

sujon
August 27, 2013, 02:40 AM

Mighty indians? May be they are a shade better than us but certainly nowhere near even the Asian standard. This is the latest Fifa rankings: Afghanistan:139, India: 145, Maldives:153, Bangladesh:158, Pakistan: 167, Nepal: 170. Nothing much to choose between the teams really. We recently beat Nepal 2-0 in Kathmandu. And We have a better head to head record with Pakistan. It will be hard for sure but we have a good chance of progressing.

With vision 2022 in mind, this is a very important tournament for us. BFF is in a competent hand I think and with Salauddin in charge we could become one of the better teams in Asia by 2022.

:goal::goal::goal:

Naimul_Hd
August 27, 2013, 03:46 AM
Mighty indians? May be they are a shade better than us but certainly nowhere near even the Asian standard. This is the latest Fifa rankings: Afghanistan:139, India: 145, Maldives:153, Bangladesh:158, Pakistan: 167, Nepal: 170. Nothing much to choose between the teams really. We recently beat Nepal 2-0 in Kathmandu. And We have a better head to head record with Pakistan. It will be hard for sure but we have a good chance of progressing.

With vision 2022 in mind, this is a very important tournament for us. BFF is in a competent hand I think and with Salauddin in charge we could become one of the better teams in Asia by 2022.

How many times did Bangladesh win against India ? Bangladesh has played 26 times against India and lost 15 of them. Bangladesh could only manage to win 3 times since 1978. Can you remember when was the last time we beat India ? Yes, 10 years back in 2003. India is playing in Asian Cup Football whereas we are still struggling to go through qualifying rounds. Now, India don't even send their National team either in SAFF, most of the players are from Under 23. So, don't only go by ranking, they can be deceptive sometimes. Nepal may be 170 ranked team but they are pretty strong on their own soil. Looking at recent results, Bangladesh will be the underdog in this tournament. Well, that's my view, you can have your own.

Tiger444
August 27, 2013, 09:46 AM
India spends a lot more money than us in sports. So it's expected that they'll be better than us in almost everything. They might not be as good compared to the East and West Asian sides but they're the best in the subcontinent. You never know but I believe India will be too tough to beat. Pakistan and Nepal are more beatable but still they're on our level. Interested to see how we perform.

sujon
August 27, 2013, 11:59 AM
How many times did Bangladesh win against India ? Bangladesh has played 26 times against India and lost 15 of them. Bangladesh could only manage to win 3 times since 1978. Can you remember when was the last time we beat India ? Yes, 10 years back in 2003. India is playing in Asian Cup Football whereas we are still struggling to go through qualifying rounds. Now, India don't even send their National team either in SAFF, most of the players are from Under 23. So, don't only go by ranking, they can be deceptive sometimes. Nepal may be 170 ranked team but they are pretty strong on their own soil. Looking at recent results, Bangladesh will be the underdog in this tournament. Well, that's my view, you can have your own.

Your stats back you up but I still wont term them as "mighty". Japan or Korea would score 6/7 goals easily against us and I call them mighty. We certainly give India a much harder game and we even beat them several times. So winning against them is not impossible.

Looking at their side I think they are sending the main team this time. I still hope we can bet them though :). A couple of decades ago we were the arch rivals in the sub continent.

mufi_02
August 27, 2013, 04:05 PM
anyone knows if the match will be telecasted or not? thanks

Ajfar
August 27, 2013, 04:54 PM
anyone knows if the match will be telecasted or not? thanks

It has been reported that ESPN has bought the rights to telecast SAFF Championship 2013 matches live in India. A leading Nepali football website has confirmed this report.

A local channel called Kantipur TV will handle the production and the feed will be beamed on ESPN. ESPN has previously telecast AFC Challenge Cup 2012 finals and they have recently bought the Calcutta Football League rights for upcoming 7 years.

The SAFF Cup 2013 kicks off on 31st August with an encounter scheduled between Nepal and Bangladesh at 6:15 pm IST. The matches will be played in the Dasarath Rangshala Stadium and the Armed Forces ground.

Link (http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2013/08/15/espn-to-live-telecast-saff-championship-2013-in-india/)

I'm sure someone out there will find a Chorai link.

AsifTheManRahman
August 27, 2013, 05:07 PM
A couple of decades ago we were the arch rivals in the sub continent.
A couple of decades ago we were also major chokers, which is why it took us so long to win a SAFF championship. What waste of talent the nineties were.

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2013, 08:56 PM

Better team in South Asia. dosh(10) goal gabey Japan-China'r kasey. Thailand kasey 5/6 goal. @2013 or @2022.

Ajfar
August 27, 2013, 09:17 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oEueYsgntxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ajfar
August 27, 2013, 09:18 PM
Guys I think we can see the games live in Youtube!

Check out this Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5dk53XVCW4)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vtck08.png

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2013, 09:47 PM
A couple of decades ago we were also major chokers, which is why it took us so long to win a SAFF championship. What waste of talent the nineties were.
But even further back we trounced Thailand 4-0, Maldives 8/9-0. It was a time when people from Malaysia, Thailand etc. use to come to BUET to study engineering. Not us going to theirs'.

Naimul_Hd
August 28, 2013, 11:23 PM
My only fear for the match against Nepal is Referee. One or two vital decisions can ruin our chances.

Naimul_Hd
August 31, 2013, 05:30 AM
Another 2 hours !!

My prediction:

Bangladesh 2- Nepal 1

:)

sujon
August 31, 2013, 06:14 AM
Another 2 hours !!

My prediction:

Bangladesh 2- Nepal 1

:)

Same prediction here.

Hockey te boro asha kore j birat dhora khelam, ekhon dekhi football ta bhulate paare kina!!

Vepu
August 31, 2013, 06:17 AM
we r playing wivout our main playmakers sohel and mamunul. lot will depend on mobarak. dont knw much abt jamal. hope emili shines today. i will take 1-0 with this team. fingers crossed. go tigers

ReZ_1
August 31, 2013, 06:22 AM
Bangladesher to sunlam sob gulai injured.. ki khelbe ar?
btw i am still supporting bd and hope the result is at least a draw,

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2013, 07:00 AM
Anything less than the championship is unacceptable. This is the weakest zone and tournament in the world and if we can't win this, then vision 2022 or whatever they call it will never happen.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 07:42 AM
Only 4 more min to go..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2013, 07:46 AM
Looks like a packed house,national anthems done, game about to begin. Oh the excitement!

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 08:02 AM
Ki je khelteche egula! Ball pailei chokh bondho kore shoot/long pass diteche..

Rabz
August 31, 2013, 08:07 AM
Nasir gets the yellow !

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2013, 08:08 AM
What a dumb goal.

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 08:08 AM
Nepal 1-0 Bangladesh

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2013, 08:10 AM
No signs of improvement under the new coach whatsoever. Relying on directionless long balls, no plans, zero ball control. Vision 2022 my pacha.

Naimul_Hd
August 31, 2013, 08:16 AM
Haire amar defence !!!!

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 08:16 AM
Short pass bole je kichu ekta ache eta ki shune nai naki jibone?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 08:20 AM

AsifTheManRahman
August 31, 2013, 08:21 AM
Second goal, I quit.

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 08:21 AM
More coming.. Dont worry..

Naimul_Hd
August 31, 2013, 08:22 AM
Era kara bhai football khele ? Er cheye to amader cricket rao bhalo football khele !

ReZ_1
August 31, 2013, 08:42 AM
ki khela dektesi, i just can't believe my eyes. i tht at first that they are joking with them to learn their tactics and then after 10 mins they will counter attack, :sigh: but no its really been that bad. they must be nervous or something, i have seen them play better.
it seems such a waste of money hiring this foreign coach. our players are so feared to press even if they gets the ball by chance in front they look back for support. And the famous long ball pass aimlessly.
Hockey and now football- we really are passing a very gloomy time.

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 08:48 AM
^ coach re dosh diye laabh ki? Egula to ekta pass o thikmoto dite partechena? R defence r kotha nai bollam.. Duita goal e to baje defending r karone hoyse..

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 09:07 AM
1st half e ei khela koi chilo? Dui goal khaowar por hush hoyse?

Naimul_Hd
August 31, 2013, 09:18 AM
I can't see Bangladesh giving any goal in this tourney !

ahnaf
August 31, 2013, 09:39 AM
^ box er shamne ball pelei hat pa kapakapi start hoye jay..

ReZ_1
August 31, 2013, 10:12 AM
did anyone notice how our goal keeper was shaking while our national anthem was being played? i haven't seen anyone being so emotional like that it must be from nervousness and i have the feeling everyone was going through such in the first half and it cost us the game.

Jadukor
August 31, 2013, 09:28 PM
Crowd pressure e emon hoilo naki? Well onno team er shathe toh crowd pressure thakbena.

BD Tigers
August 31, 2013, 11:51 PM
i saw the same team play wayyyy better at the same ground at asia qualifying round where we beat nepal 2 - 0. i cant believe my eyes today what happened. just because our play maker (captain) didnt play that the coach wud change the strategy and long ball...unbelievable and pathetic :(

Vepu
September 1, 2013, 01:07 PM
i wont be suprised if they come back and win against india. never know w ith bd football team. on the other hand india will try to hit us hard as they were dissapointing against pakistan

Shehwar
September 2, 2013, 12:56 PM
Maldives beat Sri Lanka 10-0 !!!!

ahnaf
September 3, 2013, 06:28 AM
Finally a goal.. Bangladesh 1-0 India.. 4 min to go..

ahnaf
September 3, 2013, 06:31 AM
Really impressed by our todays RW mohamammad Mobarok.. Got some serious pace and skill..

ahnaf
September 3, 2013, 06:32 AM
3 min added..

ahnaf
September 3, 2013, 06:36 AM
Goodbye.. India equalises in the last min..

Jadukor
September 3, 2013, 06:37 AM
What an epic choke

yaseer
September 3, 2013, 07:08 AM
Heartbreaking last minute goal

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2013, 07:52 AM
Onek kosto paichi !! kono meye aaj porjonto eto kosto dite pare nai je kosto bangladesh cricket ar football team ke bhalobeshe paichi !! Eto dukkho keno bhalobashaeeeeeee !!! :(

AsifTheManRahman
September 3, 2013, 09:02 AM
Long weekend started with frustration, now short week starts with more frustration. Ja tora shaat chara/golla chut khel giye, toder diye eishob football khela hobe na.

BD Tigers
September 3, 2013, 09:03 AM
really heart broken..."ohetuk" ekta foul korlo Mominul right out of the box and india scored from the fee kick in last 20 secs of the match. Bangladesh played better from last game but no where near how they played in Asia Qualifying games. But we should have won the game. Pora Kopal :facepalm:

sujon
September 3, 2013, 09:30 AM
I am heart broken! It cud have made me a very bright day! anyways, hopefully paikka can hold up the lead for the next few minutes. We'll have a chance atleast then.

Vepu
September 3, 2013, 09:52 AM
the way we played both matches we dont deserve to be in the semis.

AsifTheManRahman
September 3, 2013, 10:04 AM
Pakistan blew it, at 90+2, just like the Bangladesh game.

So India needs to beat Nepal and we need to beat Pakistan, then pray to God for a favorable GD. In any case, it shouldn't have come down to this, we should have won the first two games.

Nah, eder diye Clemon Indoor Football chara kisu hobe na.

AsifTheManRahman
September 3, 2013, 10:08 AM
Goal khaichos khaichos, tai bole dui dui ta khaite ke bolche? GD deikha lojjay mukh dekhaite partachi na.

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2013, 10:25 AM
Pakistan blew it, at 90+2, just like the Bangladesh game.

So India needs to beat Nepal and we need to beat Pakistan, then pray to God for a favorable GD. In any case, it shouldn't have come down to this, we should have won the first two games.

Nah, eder diye Clemon Indoor Football chara kisu hobe na.

<table class="wikitable"><tbody><tr><th width="190">Team</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Played">Pld</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Won">W</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Drawn">D</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Lost">L</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Goals for">GF</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Goals against">GA</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Goal difference">GD</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Points">Pts</abbr>
</th> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Flag_of_Nepal.svg/14px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png Nepal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepal_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>+2</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Flag_of_India.svg/23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>+1</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Flag_of_Pakistan.svg/23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>−1</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg/23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png Bangladesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>3</td> <td>−2</td> <td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
Bangladesh's only chance if:

Nepal 2 - India 0
BD 2 - Pak 0

Nepal will go through with 7 points. Then both India and BD will have same point 4. But Bangladesh will go through with better GD.

Vepu
September 3, 2013, 11:54 AM
<table class="wikitable"><tbody><tr><th width="190">Team</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Played">Pld</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Won">W</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Drawn">D</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Lost">L</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Goals for">GF</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Goals against">GA</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Goal difference">GD</abbr>
</th> <th width="28"><abbr title="Points">Pts</abbr>
</th> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Flag_of_Nepal.svg/14px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png Nepal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepal_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>1</td> <td>+2</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/Flag_of_India.svg/23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>+1</td> <td>4</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Flag_of_Pakistan.svg/23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png Pakistan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>−1</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="text-align: left">http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg/23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png Bangladesh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_national_football_team)</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>3</td> <td>−2</td> <td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
Bangladesh's only chance if:

Nepal 2 - India 0
BD 2 - Pak 0

Nepal will go through with 7 points. Then both India and BD will have same point 4. But Bangladesh will go through with better GD.

if bd beat pak 2-0 then nepal has to beat india 1-0. bd and india GD same thakleo bd beshi goal score korar karone qualify korbe

akabir77
September 3, 2013, 01:06 PM
We should just fix the game with Pakistan and get a 3-0 win to be safe :) call ash for his links to set it up...

Shehwar
September 3, 2013, 02:24 PM
We should just fix the game with Pakistan and get a 3-0 win to be safe :) call ash for his links to set it up...

lol! Priceless! :)

Nadim
September 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
Football o amader jonno na:(

Tigers_eye
September 3, 2013, 06:25 PM
Goodbye.. India equalises in the last min..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Salaam,
For this reason I have stopped following BD Football.

Jadukor
September 3, 2013, 07:53 PM
After going home we should invite the sri lankan team for a home series

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2013, 09:03 PM
Nepal to India er ekta part. Namey matro ekta desh. India te jaite nepali der visa lage na. Amar mone hoy india nepal agei hath miliye rakche ebong point bhaga bhagi kore nibe !

BD Tigers
September 3, 2013, 09:42 PM
Bangladesh coach blamed the referee for the defeat. Same referee was in India Pakistan game where he gave another bad decision at 92 minutes and India scored to level the match. BFF is thinking about protesting to FIFA regarding this referee.

Source: Independent (TV Channel)

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2013, 09:47 PM
Bangladesh coach blamed the referee for the defeat. Same referee was in India Pakistan game where he gave another bad decision at 92 minutes and India scored to level the match. BFF is thinking about protesting to FIFA regarding this referee.

Source: Independent (TV Channel)

Wrong info. India did not score level that match rather India won that match by 1-0 thanks to Pakistani defender for own goal.

The same field referee and 4th referee was in our first match against Nepal.

ReZ_1
September 3, 2013, 11:09 PM
Very touchy report....

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/44489/%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%82%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%A6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%87_%E0%A6%95 %E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%81%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B2%E0%A 7%87%E0%A6%A8_%E0%A6%A1%E0%A6%BF_%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8 7%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE

sujon
September 4, 2013, 12:30 AM
I also believe bad referring cost us the match. Despite what many say I am proud of our team. This is a very young side and after the disaster with Nepal they came back pretty well.

Probably India and Nepal will play safe for a draw in the final match and we will be out regardless of what we do in our match with Pakistan. Unlike some of you I still believe there is not much difference between the teams and luck plays a major role in the outcome.

I hope the Sri Lankan referee resolves all of his problems with his wife (Re: Our coach) .

Vepu
September 4, 2013, 06:41 AM
prothom alo-r report pore mone hoitese bangladesh brazil-er moto khelse ar referee haray dise jottoshob. je khela khelsi kopal valo je 4-5 ta goal khai nai.

AsifTheManRahman
September 4, 2013, 09:07 AM
Exactly. Mia Indiar shathe haira kando, Nepal er shathe haira je daat kelaitesila sheta ki bhule gesi bhabso?

Naimul_Hd
September 4, 2013, 09:17 AM
I believe we can beat Pakistan by 2 goals but I don't believe India/Nepal players and those officials.

ahnaf
September 4, 2013, 09:37 AM
prothom alo-r report pore mone hoitese bangladesh brazil-er moto khelse ar referee haray dise jottoshob. je khela khelsi kopal valo je 4-5 ta goal khai nai.

4-5 goal? Amito kono dol rei dheklam na ekta clear chance create korte? Box er shamne giye karor e tal thik thakena.. But overall we played better than india..

mufi_02
September 4, 2013, 10:24 AM
na jitleo, jodi at least Nepal er shathe draw korte partam, taile onek chance thakto. that 0-2 basically ruined all the chances.

simon
September 4, 2013, 11:03 AM
desh e public shob Neimar, Messi niya pagol ,emon jeno era amader bhai, abar Brazil, Argentina, Mansister ,Barcelona der potaka /jersey niya ki lafa lafi, jeno amader shompod.
magar nijera khelte jaya ekta goal kortei shuya porey, they are no different than Ash the Tendulkar worshipper.

BD Tigers
September 4, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wrong info. India did not score level that match rather India won that match by 1-0 thanks to Pakistani defender for own goal.

The same field referee and 4th referee was in our first match against Nepal.

I stand corrected...it was Nepal vs Pakistan where Nepal scored at 92nd minute to level the match. Not sure whether the same referee was at that game or not.

But coach/players were saying that the same referee sided with India in their other game which was with Pakistan.

Tiger444
September 4, 2013, 02:48 PM
We have an outside of getting in. Let's hope luck goes our way, if it does then great if it doesn't then we have only ourselves to blame

Vepu
September 4, 2013, 06:34 PM
no point thinking about india-nepal game. if we were at their position we would be suggesting our team to play safe and get a draw. i say we do what is in our hand, beat pakistan convincingly. we did it before. we won 4-0, 3-0 against them. what we gotta do is attack from the word go and unsettle them. like what nepal did to us in the first game. i say we play with 4-3-2-1. nasir, linkon, misu and other defender at defence. mobarak right wing NOT domestic bully jahid, babu at left wing, mamunul in the middle, rana toklis at front and emily as a striker. or we can play 4-4-2. playing emily and toklis both as strikers. emily should always be around pak' D box no matter what happens. we have to bring our A game and if we can do that we can surely score 2/3 goals. ar ektukhani bristi hoile kothai naikka. dasrather kada panite pakistanigo chubani diya dibane.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2013, 09:02 PM
Baper beta jodi hoish, pakistan're 10 ta dey!! Parbi Maldives'er moto kheltey? Jottoshob.

Good thing we are not going to play in Semis. Maldives'er kasey kom pokkhey 5 ta khaitam.

BD Tigers
September 4, 2013, 09:46 PM
btw where r u guys watching the game? I was watching in Nepal's Local Channel through Jadoo TV. But since both games are on at the same time, I am sure that channel will show Nepal's game. Please let me know. Thanks!

ahnaf
September 5, 2013, 04:49 AM
OMG! What a miss! Was that emily? Drop that asshole for good! I still cant believe how anyone can miss such kind of chance..

ahnaf
September 5, 2013, 05:21 AM
Hayre BTV..

ahnaf
September 5, 2013, 06:21 AM
Nepal scores.. Common guys..

riajul
September 5, 2013, 06:30 AM
Nepal 2 - 0 India

Jadukor
September 5, 2013, 06:39 AM
we became specialist in conceding goals during dying minutes of injury time

Naimul_Hd
September 5, 2013, 06:46 AM
we became specialist in conceding goals during dying minutes of injury time

And India is becoming specialist in scoring goals during injury times. India once again scored goal in injury time and advanced through to Semis :)

AsifTheManRahman
September 5, 2013, 06:56 AM
So who are they going to blame for this loss? The referee can't be wrong everyday. Turns out the result of the India vs Nepal game didn't matter in the end, because these losers will always be losers and blame their own incompetencies on someone else. Worst team in the worst competition in the world.

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2013, 07:36 AM
So no one is keeping with this tournament? What are the results of the semis?

Naimul_Hd
September 8, 2013, 09:44 AM
Hahaa...Nepal lost the game even after referee's help. Referees tried their best but if they can't score a goal in 2 penalty then what can referee do ? Referee even gave 7 mins of extra time....Lol.

Final score: Afg 1- Nepal 0

Afganistan vs Maldives is my bet for final :)

ahnaf
September 8, 2013, 11:21 AM
^ lol.. Seriously? Nepal missed 2 penalty? Haha.. Btw.. Happy for afganistan.. Hope they win the cup for the people of their country..

Nocturnal
September 8, 2013, 08:40 PM
So no one is keeping with this tournament? What are the results of the semis?

1st SF: Afg 1- 0 Nepal (ref onek chesta korse nepal er pokkhe)
2nd SF: India vs Maldives - ajke khela hobe

Shehwar
September 9, 2013, 01:08 PM
Can't believe India reached final! How lucky are they???

ahnaf
September 11, 2013, 09:39 AM
So.. India's luck finally ran out.. Afganistan wins the cup..
AFG 2-0 INDIA..Welldone lads..

Tiger444
September 11, 2013, 09:56 AM
Congrats Afghanistan. They seem to be the only team to really be improving in soccer in South Asia.

Naimul_Hd
September 11, 2013, 08:19 PM
Congrats Afghanistan. They seem to be the only team to really be improving in soccer in South Asia.

Not only football, they are improving quickly in Cricket and other athletic sports too. Really good to see them doing good :)

Tiger444
September 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
Not only football, they are improving quickly in Cricket and other athletic sports too. Really good to see them doing good :)

True. Gotta give it to them. Despite being in such a mess for so long, Afghanistan seems to really be doing well in sports.

Has to make you wonder why our athletes are not improving as much despite our country not going through war and our facilities being better than theirs? Has to be in the attitude and the culture. Not to mention, Afghans are better built than Bangladeshis in general

Naimul_Hd
September 11, 2013, 09:12 PM
True. Gotta give it to them. Despite being in such a mess for so long, Afghanistan seems to really be doing well in sports.

Has to make you wonder why our athletes are not improving as much despite our country not going through war and our facilities being better than theirs? Has to be in the attitude and the culture. Not to mention, Afghans are better built than Bangladeshis in general

They are very hard working fellas. I had couple of Afgan friends in a superstore. They can work really hard without showing any tiredness. Most of them live in hilly area, so physically they are well built. But for me, I think, it's their positive attitude and thier passion which makes a huge difference from others.

Have you watched Semi final match between Afganistan vs Nepal ? When referee deliberately gave 2nd penalty after nepalese missing in the 1st attempt, Afgan officials asked their players to walk off. But Afgan players stood on the field (specially the goalie) and wanted to play their hearts out despite referee's partiality. The result was the goalie saved that penalty again :)

I am sure if it was any other team, they would have easily walked off the field and made an excuse in the public. But they did not and won the match at the end. That's attitude for me :)

Tiger444
September 11, 2013, 10:39 PM
^ya Afghans are very tough minded people. I've met a few and they're really nice. Very different from us, you could tell. Our players and others could learn from that toughness. Others in the subcontinent can learn as well. I think that's the biggest reason as to why they've improved more than us