PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: 2nd ODI; Bangladesh vs New Zealand at SBNS, Dhaka; 31st October, 2013 (13:30 local)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Zeeshan
October 29, 2013, 10:18 PM
Bangladesh vs New Zealand
2nd ODI
Date & Time:
31st October, 2013 (13:30 Local Time| 07:30 GMT)

http://www.moysports.gov.bd/images/collected2/123111.jpg

LET'S CRUSH THEM AGAIN BOYS!

Squads:
Bangladesh Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2013-14/content/squad/681811.html) | New Zealand Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2013-14/content/squad/671947.html)

Venue:
Sher-e-Bangla National Staduim, Mirpur, Dhaka (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/ground/236761.html)

Weather:
Dhaka, Bangladesh (http://in.weather.com/weather/10day-BGXX0003?cm_ven=cricinfo_IN&cm_cat=grounds&cm_ite=weather&cm_pla=10day)

BanglaCricket Tour Coverage:
Latest Bulletins (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2028&type=Bulletins)| Latest News (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2028&type=News) | Chat Room (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/chat)

Cricinfo Series Coverage:
Series Home (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2013-14/content/current/series/668933.html) I Statistics (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2013-14/engine/records/index.html?class=1)| Photos (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2013-14/content/image/index.html?object=668933)

Jadukor
October 29, 2013, 10:41 PM
Good luck to the Tigers! super pumped about this game

M.H.Rubel
October 29, 2013, 11:06 PM
Hoping for a second win tomorrow......

Jadukor
October 29, 2013, 11:14 PM
Areas that needs improvement:
i) Opening Partnership (needs to put on 50 in quick time)
ii) Death over batting/pp batting (should have scored 280 after the hard work done by Naeem and Mushy)

Everything else looks to be in place... our fielding looks tremendous these days

Sohel
October 29, 2013, 11:41 PM
I want victory in a full match, not anything truncated by rain or mitigated by injury, just to be able to say STFU to our unrelenting critics.

Naimul_Hd
October 29, 2013, 11:55 PM
Does not matter how much run Anamul makes, I just can't watch his Sehwag--esque batting. His batting looks even worse when he's out of form.

1 change for me- Shuvo = Anamul

Zeeshan
October 30, 2013, 12:04 AM
I want victory in a full match, not anything truncated by rain or mitigated by injury, just to be able to say STFU to our unrelenting critics.

Ditto!!

But don't mean to be a cc but I have a bad feeling about this match. Amar abar match thred er track record kemon jani ge ge aar weird

BD_TigerZ
October 30, 2013, 12:24 AM
Last Chance for Bijoy. Surely he will play a bit freely after that win. And keep Nas at 7. Riyad cant hit.

SMHasan
October 30, 2013, 01:19 AM
Areas that needs improvement:
i) Opening Partnership (needs to put on 50 in quick time)
ii) Death over batting/pp batting (should have scored 280 after the hard work done by Naeem and Mushy)

Everything else looks to be in place... our fielding looks tremendous these days

Not only point 1 and 2.

Mushi says not to break the wining combination, but our spinners looked very lean. They have been dispatching everywhere until Rubel came and rescued us. This is not gonna happen everyday.

The pith didn't offer much it's a plain truth, it was a sporting one but not spin friendly. if we fail to assist our spinners then we will be in trouble.

I want Mullah out and Zia to come in. At least we will have some balance.

Taking E Sunny is a mistake, it seems selectors have some allergy over Enamul Jr. What a sad guy Enam is. I feel pitty for him.

riajul
October 30, 2013, 02:34 AM
Good luck boys. All the best. Hope for the 6th ODI win in a row against the kiwis.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Nadim
October 30, 2013, 03:19 AM
5-1 at SBNS vs NZ.

it was 1-0 to NZ.

lets make it six in a row boys; Double Hattrick

Razi
October 30, 2013, 04:00 AM
LOL Zee, exact copy paste, expected more creativity from you!

Razi
October 30, 2013, 04:04 AM
5-1 at SBNS vs NZ.

it was 1-0 to NZ.

lets make it six in a row boys; Double Hattrick

No AFAIK, we already won a match against NZ in SBNS before the Banglawash, that was right after the the ICL saga in 2008, so it's 6-1 now.

Nadim
October 30, 2013, 04:18 AM
No AFAIK, we already won a match against NZ in SBNS before the Banglawash, that was right after the the ICL saga in 2008, so it's 6-1 now.

Yh I was wondering that we won one game vs nz under Ash but thought it was in fatulla.

Nvm and thanks for the correction

Nadim
October 30, 2013, 04:20 AM

Chor dora porche. Sasti hisebe pachaay dosta lathi chai!!!

Jadukor
October 30, 2013, 04:25 AM
In terms of promising young players coming through the ranks I think our team is second best right now after India in the subcontinent. I would say we have better batsman than Pakistan and Sri Lanka (ofcourse none of the quality of Sanga, Jaya and Dilshan but their time is almost up). The bowling however is still no where close to other test sides. Rubel has shown what he can do with the old ball but we need couple of new ball strike bowlers to make an impact in Test cricket. We can't be carrying passenger fast bowlers averaging 50s,60s, 70s who can't pick any wickets with the new ball.
Once we can fix that we will start seeing the real good days of BD cricket

MohammedC
October 30, 2013, 05:07 AM
Bismillah. Hope we can bring the whole nation together with one more win.

WarWolf
October 30, 2013, 05:21 AM
Does not matter how much run Anamul makes, I just can't watch his Sehwag--esque batting. His batting looks even worse when he's out of form.

1 change for me- Shuvo = Anamul
I want to see Riyad opening with Tamim. Riyad does have the technique to play new ball. He doesn't have any place in the middle or lower middle order. So if he got the balls to come to open let him do it. Otherwise BYE from the national side.

Maysun
October 30, 2013, 06:03 AM
WOW, Zeeshan opened a thread with a slow internet in Bangladesh! :notworthy: though it was just copy-paste :-p

If we win the toss, I'd like us to bat second. IMO, I think we were a bit fortunate with the 1st ODI.. NZ has got some good hitters of the ball and an impressive batting depth. So I would like us to chase a set target rather than defend an unknowable competitive total!

WorldCup11
October 30, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hope Rubel will copy paste his bowling,including hat trick and BD will copy paste banglawash from 2010.

Lets start copycat revolution :)

MohammedShamim
October 30, 2013, 06:18 AM
I think boys will be full of confidence, Razzak needs to find his form back. My only concern is with Anamul, I hope they pick him and let him have the full series

Naimul_Hd
October 30, 2013, 06:37 AM
WOW, Zeeshan opened a thread with a slow internet in Bangladesh! :notworthy: though it was just copy-paste :-p

Just like our cricket team, Zeeshan also did not want break winning MT format. :)

Zeeshan
October 30, 2013, 06:44 AM
It's not exact copy paste.

Naimul_Hd
October 30, 2013, 06:55 AM
Ditto!!

But don't mean to be a cc but I have a bad feeling about this match. Amar abar match thred er track record kemon jani ge ge aar weird

Nijer track record bhalo korar chestaye desh o jatir bhobisshot ke ondhokar e feley dile bhaijan !? :flag: :waiting:

Ishmumislam
October 30, 2013, 07:47 AM
Really want to see shamsur tomorrow .. He has a lot of flair in his batting .. Good to watch

roman
October 30, 2013, 07:54 AM
Just like our cricket team, Zeeshan also did not want break winning MT format. :)

Makes sense :D

Make it 2-0 tigers. You know you can do it

simon
October 30, 2013, 08:02 AM
I also want to see us chasing, we are good at it,
I want Kopa to open for the next 2 ODIs & T20.
The way Rubel came back gives me hope that Razzaq can also come back after a poor series so far, so no Kanchon for now.
If we are chasing a low target I won't mind Naeem coming before Mushy. ( NAeem needs more international experience/opportunity)
I want Rubel to atleast take 3 wickets.

Finally I want us to win :flag:

Rinathq
October 30, 2013, 08:25 AM
Anamul out Shamsur in. Its not that Bijoy deserves to be dropped this early, its just that Shamsur deserves a chance right now. everything else same. Kane is out which is a huge blow for them. As big as us missing Shakib. So we are even. I have a feeling Tamim will perform better today. Seems to be the flow with him too. Get out cheaply first match and than make a comeback.

Tiger444
October 30, 2013, 08:43 AM
Anamul out Shamsur in. Its not that Bijoy deserves to be dropped this early, its just that Shamsur deserves a chance right now. everything else same. Kane is out which is a huge blow for them. As big as us missing Shakib. So we are even. I have a feeling Tamim will perform better today. Seems to be the flow with him too. Get out cheaply first match and than make a comeback.

How? It's not like Shamsur is in red hot form. He was decent in the A team tour but I thought Anamul did better actually since he ended up getting a century and a 59 whereas Shamsur barely notched up some 50s.

And in the DPL, Shamsurs average is good but he was 1 century and 0 fifties in 7 innings and has a SR of only a 68. Even in the match where he scored a century, he almost bungled the chase I heard.

So don't see anything that suggests that he must get a chance. If he ends up getting a chance, it'd be due to the lack of options rather than his own performance.

Rinathq
October 30, 2013, 08:52 AM
How? It's not like Shamsur is in red hot form. He was decent in the A team tour but I thought Anamul did better actually since he ended up getting a century and a 59 whereas Shamsur barely notched up some 50s.

And in the DPL, Shamsurs average is good but he was 1 century and 0 fifties in 7 innings and has a SR of only a 68. Even in the match where he scored a century, he almost bungled the chase I heard.

So don't see anything that suggests that he must get a chance. If he ends up getting a chance, it'd be due to the lack of options rather than his own performance.

See I never said, he must get a chance. But deserves a chance. Again, I didnt say he deserves a chance ahead of Anamul, but after him.
The reason why deserves a chance is like you said by the lack of options. If we look at the list of openers that we have, i think you would agree that he does deserve a chance since no one is performing consistently.

Tiger444
October 30, 2013, 08:58 AM
See I never said, he must get a chance. But deserves a chance. Again, I didnt say he deserves a chance ahead of Anamul, but after him.
The reason why deserves a chance is like you said by the lack of options. If we look at the list of openers that we have, i think you would agree that he does deserve a chance since no one is performing consistently.

I think it's best if Anamul gets this series. If he fails, then in the SL series I want to see Shamsur but for this tour since we decided to give a chance to Anamul, I want to see him getting the full tour. The only time I want to see Shamsur in is if we win the next ODI and Anamul ends up failing. Then we'd have nothing to lose and since that'd be 2 chances for Anamul, I wouldn't mind giving Shamsur a chance for the 3rd ODI.

By the way, I agree with you that Shamsur should be the next in line.

Fazal
October 30, 2013, 09:07 AM
The only time I want to see Shamsur in is if we win the next ODI and Anamul ends up failing. Then we'd have nothing to lose and since that'd be 2 chances for Anamul, I wouldn't mind giving Shamsur a chance for the 3rd ODI.

What about if we lose the game and Anamul fails and again prove it that he may not be technically ready yet at this level.

Tiger444
October 30, 2013, 09:26 AM
What about if we lose the game and Anamul fails and again prove it that he may not be technically ready yet at this level.

Give Anamul another go then. I'll ask you this. Would you want Shamsur to play his first ODI match in a series deciding match? That would be a lot of unnecessary pressure on a player who hasn't really played international cricket besides 2 T20Is.

We did that against the WI when series was tied 2-2 and we dropped Naeem from the 3 spot and brought in Jahurul who didn't play any match on that tour whereas Naeem played the 2 Test matches and the 4 ODIs. What ended up happening? Jahurul ended up being lost like anything which was no surprise since it was his 1st match on tour and he ended up putting us in a big hole.

Now I don't know how much better Naeem would've done in that match but it was definitely the much safer option going with Naeem in rather than Jahurul for a series deciding match.

I brought that point up because it's not wise at all to bring in a brand new guy when the series is still up in the air in place of a guy who has played the whole tour.

Facing our domestic bowlers is much different compared to facing international level bowlers and it'd be unfair on Shamsur.

Roey Haque
October 30, 2013, 09:46 AM
Expecting to see good things from Mominul as he still hasn't proved himself in this format. People are already making him a martyr because of the run out, I don't understand why. It's a duck for me and nothing else. Mominul still has more to prove in ODIs than Anamul, even considering Anamul's cheap wicket last ODI.

M.H.Rubel
October 30, 2013, 09:48 AM
I want to play the same team. But Naeem at #7

mufi_02
October 30, 2013, 09:49 AM
I want to play the same team. But Naeem at #7

so who plays at 5?

Roey Haque
October 30, 2013, 09:51 AM
Running singles and twos and threes will be vital in this match. It is why players like Mushfiqur, Shakib and Mahmadullah can go on auto pilot, and seamlessly rack up runs and develop partnerships in no time. Tamim and Anamul are boundary hunters, which I guess makes sense for openers, your supposed best skilled batsmen in the team. But for an opening partnership to sustain, running between the wickets is imperative.

Fazal
October 30, 2013, 10:00 AM
Give Anamul another go then. I'll ask you this. Would you want Shamsur to play his first ODI match in a series deciding match? That would be a lot of unnecessary pressure on a player who hasn't really played international cricket besides 2 T20Is.

I will tell you this, I always support young players and I am on the record who does't like bringing old players who makes same mistakes again and agian. And obviously I suport Ananmul. But what I have seen so far, I think he is not ready yet and giving him chance now further will only damage his career further.

There is different way we can address the #2 slot, Shamsur may be one, bringing Naem or even Momin may be another. I cannot say if Samsur is ready or not untill I see him play few games, he haven't played any game yet, so you cannot say one way or another before he plays, we will only know after he plays.

We did that against the WI when series was tied 2-2 and we dropped Naeem from the 3 spot and brought in Jahurul who didn't play any match on that tour whereas Naeem played the 2 Test matches and the 4 ODIs. What ended up happening? Jahurul ended up being lost like anything which was no surprise since it was his 1st match on tour and he ended up putting us in a big hole .

Jahurul is not Anamul. Where as jahurul has limited ceiling with decent exposure before he came, Anamul is much younger and much higher ceiling with less exposure in overall cricket. Your above example from past should not make us "gun shy and not making any bold and correct decision (atleast I think)" for the fear of past failure.

Also while Juhurul failed to take advantage, Naeem came with much success after his drop. That's what we want from Anamul. he goes back with his exposure, now he knows what he needs to address, addess his flaws, and then when he come back, he coames back with a bang in future.

I brought that point up because it's not wise at all to bring in a brand new guy when the series is still up in the air in place of a guy who has played the whole tour.

What worse can happen? He will fail like Anamul. You are asking to take a hit for team in 2nd ODI even when Anamul proved he is not technically ready yet. To me that is much worse than taking some risk on another player, who may or may not work in long run.
If it is proved that Samsur is not ready yet, atleast he whill know what to address to come back in the team in future.

Facing our domestic bowlers is much different compared to facing international level bowlers and it'd be unfair on Shamsur.

Exacatly... that's why we should NOT stick with Anamul now after he showed in this series that he is not ready yet and do much damage to his career. its not a lottery game looking for a big innings and suddenly his technical flaws will be vanished....he need to work on his technique outside the game. On the other hand, whether Samsur is ready to handle international bowlers is not known to us. As he has beeen selected mutiples series by BCB, its fair to assume they think he is ready. I think its VERY unfair to Samsur to say that he is not ready against international bowler, before he is given a chance yet.

M.H.Rubel
October 30, 2013, 10:02 AM
Pitch and conditions
The Mirpur pitch wasn't easy to bat on, according to Mushfiqur Rahim. Corey Anderson, too, noticed that the track had a bit of spice at the start of the game, and it will encourage the pace bowlers. Although it rained on Tuesday, weather forecasts suggest a clear day for the second ODI.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-new-zealand-2013-14/content/story/684009.html

zunaid_bd
October 30, 2013, 10:03 AM
williamson ruled out for rest of the series :)

roman
October 30, 2013, 10:04 AM
According to banglanews24.com, there will be no changes in the playing XI. That means Anamul is getting another opportunity. Hope he can make it count this time. .

MHRAM
October 30, 2013, 10:09 AM
I hope that he performs
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

M.H.Rubel
October 30, 2013, 10:24 AM
so who plays at 5?

Nasir at #5 and Riyad at #6

Rinathq
October 30, 2013, 10:38 AM
maybe try this?

Tamim
Mominul
Anamul
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rubel

kalpurush
October 30, 2013, 11:35 AM
Well, I give full credit to Zee! He is a genius - he is telling us that we will win the 2nd match like we have won the 1st one... :notworthy:

Though, the Kiwis will give a tough fight, we can win it if TIK, Anam, Momin, Nasir clicks...Good luck Zee and TIGERS

kalpurush
October 30, 2013, 11:38 AM
maybe try this?

Tamim
Mominul
Anamul
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rubel
How about this?

Tamim
Naeem
Anamul
Momin
Mushy
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rube

MHRAM
October 30, 2013, 11:51 AM
who are the favourites In everyone's opinion?

I don't think there are any clear favorite
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

WorldCup11
October 30, 2013, 12:14 PM
How about this?

Tamim
Naeem
Anamul
Momin
Mushy
Riyad
Nasir
Mash
Gazi
Raj
Rube

I will put Gazi ahead of Mash. He is surely better batsman.

At present form I would like to see anamul at no 7 and promote others one position. Reason is, ball will be older and no slip at that time of the game. Whatever quick runs he will score from that position will be a bonus. I wish he will do much better using his present techniques from no. 7.And once he will gather confidence and improve footwork, only then he can be promoted. I have noticed he is a very good and energetic fielder too.

Good luck Anamul, I still believe you got potential to become one of the best batsman in the team but you need to work hard with a good batting coach :(

simon
October 30, 2013, 12:36 PM
according to Showering Kobir , Kopa Shamsu ke naki udjibito bhabe batting practice korte dekha giyeche ajke.
and team management naki poriborton er abhash kichuta diyechey , kintu Ryad bolechey ek i team thakbe.
Ryad bolechen kalker match e amra aro attacking cricket khelbo.

MHRAM
October 30, 2013, 01:06 PM
ryad er attacking cricket holo: getting a single and returning the tailender to the strike

AsifTheManRahman
October 30, 2013, 01:13 PM
Riyad won't bat up the order, so Naeem it is at #5. Come on guys, no point making someone do something that he doesn't want to do. Just hope he comes good at #7/#8, or drop him so he can fulfill his lifelong dreams of becoming vice vice captain while batting at 8 for Jahirul's Clemon Indoor team.

Nadim
October 30, 2013, 01:14 PM
according to Showering Kobir , Kopa Shamsu ke naki udjibito bhabe batting practice korte dekha giyeche ajke.
and team management naki poriborton er abhash kichuta diyechey , kintu Ryad bolechey ek i team thakbe.
Ryad bolechen kalker match e amra aro attacking cricket khelbo.

riyad nd attacking cricket doesn't go together

Zunaid
October 30, 2013, 01:20 PM
DHAKA, Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Media Release

Tickets for 2nd ODI sold out

The United Commercial Bank Limited (UCBL) sources have confirmed that tickets for Thursday's 2nd ODI of the three-match series against New Zealand have been sold out. As such, no tickets for the 2nd ODI will be available at the designated ticket counter/booth on match day tomorrow.

qalisha2012
October 30, 2013, 02:50 PM
Bangladesh vs New Zealand Cricket Tournament, 2nd ODI on 31st October, cant wait for it :)

Tiger Manc
October 30, 2013, 02:54 PM
Interesting that their considering replacing Anamul with Ziaur. Maybe their thinking of using him as a pinch hitter first up? He wouldn't be able to handle the pace and swing of their fast bowlers.

Team sources also said that selectors are considering replacing out-of-form opener Anamul Haque with all-rounder Ziaur Rahman in the playing XI. Zia would likely open the batting and provide an extra bowling option for Mushfiq in his efforts to replace Sakib’s lost overs.

http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-10-31&nid=71108#.UnFise1FBMs

criclife
October 30, 2013, 03:12 PM
amar keno jani mone hoi...ei match amra jitbo na..ora onek focused thakbe...ar amader team oderke khub lighly nibe...oder middle order amader cheye onek strong..ar oder bowling o.....specially fast bowling khub bhalo....amader spinner er up
oro boshosha uthe gese..kalke jebabe razzak bowling korlo....o 10 over bowling korle..komse kom 70/80 run nibe...oke na niye zia ba arekta sinner ke neowa uchit..or over gulo..mominul/nasir/riad korte parbe..

Navo
October 30, 2013, 03:14 PM
Ziaur 'Watson' Rahman, I like it!

Fazal
October 30, 2013, 03:22 PM
Creative thinking. batting wise not sure it will work out or not, but like these kind of "out of the box" thinking.

Atleast they both play with one steel leg, so no disadvantage there. But where Zia can provide value is his bowling.

Aaar jodi jhore bok pore, we can address the slow RR in 1st 10 PP overs even its for just one game.

btw I think its just a rumor, they don;t have the balls to take chance on "high risk high reward" plan.

roman
October 30, 2013, 03:45 PM
So I hear three different team combination news. First one is there will be no change in the playing XI, 2nd one is Anamul will be replaced by Shubho, 3rd one is replacing Anamul with Zia and have him open the innings with Tamim. Interesting.
3rd one is valiant

zunaid_bd
October 30, 2013, 03:55 PM
There is no way zia will open with tamim ! Mark my words

Navo
October 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
In all honesty though, there is a likelihood of one of the NZ bowlers being swapped out for Adam Milne, who is the fastest of the NZ bowlers. I dread to think what he'll do to Zia's 'stamps'.

mufi_02
October 30, 2013, 04:08 PM
In all honesty though, there is a likelihood of one of the NZ bowlers being swapped out for Adam Milne, who is the fastest of the NZ bowlers. I dread to think what he'll do to Zia's 'stamps'.

NAVO DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME

http://tigercricket.com/media/cache/372x440_1354544381_ziaur.jpg

cricbook
October 30, 2013, 04:14 PM
Interesting that their considering replacing Anamul with Ziaur. Maybe their thinking of using him as a pinch hitter first up? He wouldn't be able to handle the pace and swing of their fast bowlers.

Team sources also said that selectors are considering replacing out-of-form opener Anamul Haque with all-rounder Ziaur Rahman in the playing XI. Zia would likely open the batting and provide an extra bowling option for Mushfiq in his efforts to replace Sakib’s lost overs.

http://www.newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2013-10-31&nid=71108#.UnFise1FBMs

If that case ...... Alhamdulillan... Thats what i was thinking whole day & nigt..... We need extra seemer after rubel succesd ... If we bowl first 3 spiner attack.... Bowl secend 3 pace attack .... So i have 100% vote here....now lets go win the series.:flag:

simon
October 30, 2013, 04:15 PM
Zia to open, this will never happen,the only thing this guy can open is a bottle of mineral water.

NoName
October 30, 2013, 04:30 PM
Zia opening, sounds interesting, not like we have a set opening pair anyways.

Roni_uk
October 30, 2013, 04:33 PM
Zia opening is a bad idea, let Mushfiq open if we need to.

Nadim
October 30, 2013, 04:54 PM

If they bring in a pacer, it would be Miles. His got tremendous record against us; 32 wickets at avg of 14 and econ rate less than 4.

Was surprised to see him missing out in the first odi. Blessing in disguise for us.

Highly rate him with the new ball

cricbook
October 30, 2013, 04:56 PM
amar keno jani mone hoi...ei match amra jitbo na..ora onek focused thakbe...ar amader team oderke khub lighly nibe...oder middle order amader cheye onek strong..ar oder bowling o.....specially fast bowling khub bhalo....amader spinner er up
oro boshosha uthe gese..kalke jebabe razzak bowling korlo....o 10 over bowling korle..komse kom 70/80 run nibe...oke na niye zia ba arekta sinner ke neowa uchit..or over gulo..mominul/nasir/riad korte parbe..

Nz already watching us since 2010.... They already have scintist room for us.... They came here to win & clear banglawash word..... So we win with our merit last night...... Im saying, its nz whos gona get hurt tonight.... Where tigers r hungry for the series which game away....:flag:

shuziburo
October 30, 2013, 06:24 PM
Expecting to see good things from Mominul as he still hasn't proved himself in this format. People are already making him a martyr because of the run out, I don't understand why. It's a duck for me and nothing else. Mominul still has more to prove in ODIs than Anamul, even considering Anamul's cheap wicket last ODI.

In ODI, neither is tearing it up. I am not sure I understand your preference for Anamul. BTW, I personally feel that they will both be successful in the long run.

iDumb
October 30, 2013, 06:42 PM

i agree and isam said similar thing in his video reporting at cricinfo. i think if we can beat nz in 2nd odi, i will have profound new found respect for mushy the captain and coach..

that 4-0 was shock and awe... this second odi nz will be as focused as u will be...will be tough for bd......

also i think his mirpur crowd makes nz nervous..... and pumps up bd players..... we are really playing with an extra positive factor...

adamnsu
October 30, 2013, 06:47 PM
Please no more Anamul as a batsman and no Enamul as an umpire for the rest of the series

iDumb
October 30, 2013, 06:47 PM
i think we should play the same team.....anamul shuld play this whole series.

ziur is a jhore bok more type of batter... he may click make 40 ball 100 or a higher chance of making a duck in 1 over. bowling wise he may do better however.

al Furqaan
October 30, 2013, 07:26 PM

I've given up actually debating - with customary vitriol of course - our "critics". Instead now its about satire and comic ridicule.

See, most of our "critics", offer hate-filled arguments and can't stand the fact that Bangladesh have risen past being a true minnow from existence-2008 and from 2009 slowly entered the fold of the "elite". They want to preserve the idea that the elite nations, the true Test nations don't go past the number 8.

There's a NZ fan who is a moderator on Pakpassion.net who argued that NZ lost 4-0 due to lack of motivation as if they're a team of potheads. That Shakib only gets wickets at a lower SR than Vettori because everyone just blindly slogs against Shakib like its a T20 match.

So you can't win with that kind of scum. This series is missing Guptill and Williamson now, as well as Vettori. Although the latter two couldn't prevent the 4-0 last time.

cricbook
October 30, 2013, 08:22 PM
Nz out of 5 big guns..... Riyder, guptil, vetori, williams, milses was in first odi.... So i think sakib abcent it will not fact anymore... Came with a one leg... We came with 2.. So we should be rock on... Which i belive we will.... Hungry tamim, nasir, mominul will be the ace here, due to missed the first one....

Roey Haque
October 30, 2013, 08:28 PM
In ODI, neither is tearing it up. I am not sure I understand your preference for Anamul. BTW, I personally feel that they will both be successful in the long run.

Yes absolutely, I hope so too, and it may be the case. I just like consistency in evaluations. And some people are not applying the same principles when judging the two Haques. With that duck, Mominul should be seen as even a bigger liability and an unproven player in ODIs ( for now! It may change next game). And Anamul's stock of course falls with the way he got out. So yeah, as you say, neither is particularly shining as of right now in this format. But if I had to pick one, judging by what they have done for me in ODIs, I would slightly lean towards Anamul as he had two match winning innings and has a higher average than Mominul. Mominul hasn't had a match winning knock yet and the low scores he did get were with the help of many lives.

ononto
October 30, 2013, 08:34 PM
গ্যালারির গর্জনে কানে তালা লেগে যাচ্ছিল..... Thumbs up to bd supporters once again...

পরশুর হারের পর নিউজিল্যান্ড কাল অনুশীলন করেনি। হোটেলেই জিম-সুইমিং করে কাটিয়েছে সময়। নিশামকে পাওয়া গেল টিম হোটেলের লবিতেই। এক পাশে চুটিয়ে আড্ডা দিচ্ছেন নাথান ম্যাককালাম ও গ্রান্ট এলিয়ট। ইতিউতি ঘোরাফেরা করছিলেন অ্যান্টন ডেভচিচ। আর পাশেই একটি চেয়ারে বসে আপন মনে মোবাইলে টেপাটেপি করছিলেন নিশাম।
‘ব্যাডলাক’ বলে হাত বাড়িয়ে দিতেই মুখ তুলে তাকালেন। বেজার হলেন না খুশি, চেহারা দেখে বোঝা গেল না। তবে ‘ব্যাডলাক’ কথাটি বুঝি মনে ধরল, ‘ভাগ্য কিছুটা খারাপ ছিল। বলটি ছিল বাজে, লেগ স্টাম্পের বাইরে। ক্যাচটিও দারুণ নিল। তবে ক্রিকেটে এমন হয়েই থাকে, বাজে বলে অনেক সময় আউট হতে হয়। পুরো আবহটাই ছিল অন্য রকম, গ্যালারির গর্জনে কানে তালা লেগে যাচ্ছিল। বলটা ফ্লিক করতে চেয়েছিলাম, ঠিকমতো ব্যাটে লাগল না। সবকিছুই হয়ে গেল খুব দ্রুত।’
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/61819/বলটা_ভুলে_যেতে_চান_ িশাম

BD_TigerZ
October 30, 2013, 08:37 PM
Zia to open, this will never happen,the only thing this guy can open is a bottle of mineral water.

:lol: surely he cant do worse than Bijoy. Pinch a 30 in somehow and his jobs done.

Fazal
October 30, 2013, 08:47 PM
Just read the article in prothom Alo. We have another opening batsman waiting for his chance as opener. So instead of Zia, why don't we give him a chance?

He routinely opens for bagerhat as opening batsman, he is khulna league opening bastman, played as opening batsman in Dahaka 3rd division league and had quire a few 50s.

Why not use Rubel instead of Zia as openner?

:lol::lol::lol:

cricket_king
October 30, 2013, 09:01 PM
Just read the article in prothom Alo. We have another opening batsman waiting for his chance as opener. So instead of Zia, why don't we give him a chance?

He routinely opens for bagerhat as opening batsman, he is khulna league opening bastman, played as opening batsman in Dahaka 3rd division league and had quire a few 50s.

LOL made me laugh out loud at work. :lol::lol::lol:

cricbook
October 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
If zia made 30.... It will by 20 balls... Not 50... So its better there.... Instead make nz bowlers bapre bap....

roman
October 30, 2013, 09:25 PM

hahaha Could not stop laughing..Good one:up:

Roey Haque
October 30, 2013, 09:42 PM
What?!?!? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Zia as opener?

Why not let Tamim open the bowling then? I mean, why not? He can throw them, can't he?

Moh899
October 30, 2013, 10:19 PM
So who's going to take all the candy in this Halloween match up?

AsifTheManRahman
October 30, 2013, 10:20 PM
If they bring in a pacer, it would be Miles. His got tremendous record against us; 32 wickets at avg of 14 and econ rate less than 4.

Was surprised to see him missing out in the first odi. Blessing in disguise for us.

Highly rate him with the new ball
Perhaps their management is as brainless as ours.

MHRAM
October 30, 2013, 11:09 PM
zia opening

Are you guys out of your mind

we are not playing India here. This is. If anamul and tamin struggled against kiwi bowlers first up you can't expect Zia to be useful at the top.

Last match we DID not for 50 overs. We don't have the luxury of playing only 6 specialist. I say play anamul or subho. Zia wont be useful on these conditions against batsman to whom medium pace is bread and butter. Zia has scored around 30 runs in 5 innings combined. What's wrong with you guys?

zunaid_bd
October 30, 2013, 11:10 PM
Apnera kon sense e boltesen zia ke open koranor kotha? Tamim ase ken tahole?

MHRAM
October 30, 2013, 11:11 PM
What?!?!? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Zia as opener?

Why not let Tamim open the bowling then? I mean, why not? He can throw them, can't he?

same Herr bro

some of the people in this forum are clueless. Wait for them to bring up his century in the A tour.

Jadukor
October 30, 2013, 11:30 PM
With that duck, Mominul should be seen as even a bigger liability and an unproven player in ODIs
He didn't face a ball when he got run-out by his partner so that's kinda harsh don't you think?

SS
October 30, 2013, 11:43 PM
Ajke Bhoi lagtase mone hoina...

cricketboy
October 31, 2013, 12:31 AM
Zia as opener is taking NZ very lightly. Anamul should be persisted for another match, if not we have Shamsur.

riankhan
October 31, 2013, 12:45 AM
Zia is not supposed to be 'The' traditional solution. However, he is an AR, who can bowl MF, and it will give us an advantage if he can cement his place. Hope for the best.

Fazal
October 31, 2013, 12:47 AM
This Zia rumor is just a ploy by BCB to make the real change more acceptable. When fans will find out that Shamsur (not Zia) will be replacing Anamul, they will cheerwith relief forgetting that they (some of them) didn't like the idea (Shamsur for Anamul) in the first place.

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 01:14 AM
This wait is...irritating. Hope we chase for the series going to be an awesome night if we can pull it off.

ddude
October 31, 2013, 01:19 AM
I've given up actually debating - with customary vitriol of course - our "critics". Instead now its about satire and comic ridicule.

See, most of our "critics", offer hate-filled arguments and can't stand the fact that Bangladesh have risen past being a true minnow from existence-2008 and from 2009 slowly entered the fold of the "elite". They want to preserve the idea that the elite nations, the true Test nations don't go past the number 8.

There's a NZ fan who is a moderator on Pakpassion.net who argued that NZ lost 4-0 due to lack of motivation as if they're a team of potheads. That Shakib only gets wickets at a lower SR than Vettori because everyone just blindly slogs against Shakib like its a T20 match.

So you can't win with that kind of scum. This series is missing Guptill and Williamson now, as well as Vettori. Although the latter two couldn't prevent the 4-0 last time.

hahaha "Kiwi" has got famous here. Have been trying to convince the critics too but well our boys on the field are doing the job better than us :clap:

ddude
October 31, 2013, 01:20 AM
40 minutes to toss.

70 minutes to start of play.

Agonizing wait.

MHRAM
October 31, 2013, 01:26 AM
its sunny in Dhaka but white clouds are looming everywhere

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 01:37 AM
No complacency please and the series will be ours inshallah!

ddude
October 31, 2013, 01:43 AM
Last match was just the 2nd time that McClenaghan went wicketless in his short ODI career so far.

Has a whopping 29 wickets from 11 matches at an amazing average of 18.

cricheart
October 31, 2013, 01:44 AM
Will be on the ground today. :)
Since we r up by 1-0 nil already, I dont mind tean mgmt do some experiment here. IMO despite winning a good match, I'm quite dissapointed with current side's top order performance.

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 01:48 AM
Expecting a biggy from TI.

ddude
October 31, 2013, 01:57 AM
Will be on the ground today. :)
Since we r up by 1-0 nil already, I dont mind tean mgmt do some experiment here. IMO despite winning a good match, I'm quite dissapointed with current side's top order performance.

Awesome. Cheer till you lose your voice. Give your vocal chords a rest if and when NZ is doing well :D :facepalm:. Dance in the stands. Have a great day and may you get to witness the 2nd victory in yet another Banglawash. :flag:

ddude
October 31, 2013, 02:06 AM
Here we go. Toss in a bit.

MHRAM
October 31, 2013, 02:09 AM
CI is down

pathetic

Rifat H
October 31, 2013, 02:10 AM
Toss jite naki BD batting niche

Nadim
October 31, 2013, 02:11 AM
Toss jite naki BD batting niche

ke bollo?

Rifat H
October 31, 2013, 02:11 AM
Batting nilo ken bujhlam na

ddude
October 31, 2013, 02:12 AM
Bangladesh to bat. Shamsur gets to play his first match.

al Furqaan
October 31, 2013, 02:13 AM
any high quality links?

Rifat H
Shamsu in

Nadim
Ok. We r batting. Must be a spinning track....

ddude
October 31, 2013, 02:14 AM
any high quality links?

http://bdtvzone.com/gazitelevision/

BD_TigerZ
Crapinfo the bastard down..

Hawk-Eye
Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat first.

Rifat H
October 31, 2013, 02:15 AM
Obbosho dhakay aj ai series ar sobcheye sunny weather . Tough condition for NZ fast bowlers. Hopefully a good decision to bat first

kalpurush
October 31, 2013, 02:15 AM
Batting nilo ken bujhlam na
[বাংলা]
পরশু ম্যাচ জিতলেও উইকেটের একটা বিশেষত্বে চোখ আটকে গেছে বাংলাদেশ টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের। নিউজিল্যান্ডের ব্যাটিংয়ের সময় বাংলাদেশি পেসাররা কিছু বাউন্স পাচ্ছিলেন।
দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডের দল নির্বাচনের আগে খুব সামান্য করে হলেও ব্যাপারটা চিন্তায় ঢুকেছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের।

[/বাংলা]সিরিজ জয়ের ম্যাচ, নাকি সমতার? (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/61834/%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%9C_%E0% A6%9C%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BC%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%A E%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9A_%E0%A6%A8%E0 %A6%BE%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF_%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6% A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0)

Nadim
October 31, 2013, 02:16 AM
Southe and Miles with the new ball. Tamim HAVE to stay for first 15 overs

ddude
Crapinfo the bastard down..

Relax brother. Match is yet to start :)

Also, we have BC. Faster than CI once match starts. :up:

Roey Haque
It seems like they have replaced Anamul with Shamsu. Very sad to see Anamul left out. Wasn't expecting this mob mentality from the selectors.

al Furqaan
October 31, 2013, 02:17 AM
any word on toss - I closed my CI?

Nadim
October 31, 2013, 02:18 AM
any word on toss - I closed my CI?

bd won the toss and chose to bat. Anamul out and Shamsur in

al Furqaan
October 31, 2013, 02:19 AM
Hope we can break the 300 barrier against a top 8 side for once?

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 02:20 AM
Lol..Management have had enough of Bijoy. Thought they would be professional to a slight extent and let him finish the series as he has so much potential and is still very young. Not to be.

Rifat H
Tom latham in place of williamson. Another left handed batsmen. Kyle mills also playing . He has a good record against us

kalpurush
It seems like they have replaced Anamul with Shamsu. Very sad to see Anamul left out. Wasn't expecting this mob mentality from the selectors.
Anam wasn't dropped, rather given a rest as he need to find his form back. :)

Miraz
Why batting first? Chasing is usually the better option due to evening dew.

kalpurush
October 31, 2013, 02:22 AM

[বাংলা]
পরশু ম্যাচ জিতলেও উইকেটের একটা বিশেষত্বে চোখ আটকে গেছে বাংলাদেশ টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের। নিউজিল্যান্ডের ব্যাটিংয়ের সময় বাংলাদেশি পেসাররা কিছু বাউন্স পাচ্ছিলেন।
দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডের দল নির্বাচনের আগে খুব সামান্য করে হলেও ব্যাপারটা চিন্তায় ঢুকেছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের।

[/বাংলা]সিরিজ জয়ের ম্যাচ, নাকি সমতার? (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/61834/%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%9C_%E0% A6%9C%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BC%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0_%E0%A6%A E%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9A_%E0%A6%A8%E0 %A6%BE%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF_%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6% A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0)
^^^ one of the reason?

ddude
October 31, 2013, 02:23 AM
Last 10 List A matches by Shamsur has him scoring at an average of 36 with 1 century but no half centuries. Got to double figures in all matches except one. All this from CI. Will be watching him play for the first time though.

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 02:24 AM
Last 10 List A matches by Shamsur has him scoring at an average of 36 with 1 century but no half centuries. Got to double figures in all matches except one. All this from CI. Will be watching him play for the first time though.

No better than Bijoy..Expect a Naeem like start..then will throw it away.

Rifat H
October 31, 2013, 02:24 AM
Amar mone hoy valo decision . Aj motamuti valo gorom . Nz fast bowlers der jonno uncomfortable hoar kotha

sheshprohor
October 31, 2013, 02:25 AM
probably it's not a dew factor this time of the year. if it was January, a lot of dew in the evening.

As per Dan M and Ranjit F, will be hard and fast with movement for first 10-15 overs. Not will be a spinner's heaven.

again, it's overcast and D/L can be on Mushy's head.

Nadim
October 31, 2013, 02:26 AM
Kalam would have batted first too. Now it seems a gd decision. :)

Rifat H
October 31, 2013, 02:26 AM
Maccullum said he also wanted to bat first

Rifat H
October 31, 2013, 02:28 AM
Ajke Nz ar 11 jon batsman

kalpurush
October 31, 2013, 02:28 AM
Kalam would have batted first too. Now it seems a gd decision. :)

Maccullum said he also wanted to bat first
YES! Now it is a good decision!!

ddude
October 31, 2013, 02:30 AM
No better than Bijoy..Expect a Naeem like start..then will throw it away.

From his scores, yes does look like he gets in and then gets out instead of scoring big. Of course haven't seen him play so cannot reach any conclusion. Definitely will be having butterflies! :ohno:

ddude
October 31, 2013, 02:32 AM
Off the mark.

godzilla
October 31, 2013, 02:33 AM
Which site are you watching the match guys? I can't find a single working link.

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 02:34 AM
Cmon boys! Cmon Kopa prove ur worth.

Rifat H
Free hit

ddude
Free hit is up!

Go Tamim!

Nadim
Mat Chokka mar no ball e Tamim

BD_TigerZ
October 31, 2013, 02:35 AM
As expected we get a dot off the free hit.

ddude
Umm...yeah so a dot ball in the free hit :facepalm:

godzilla
any link guys?

Nadim
October 31, 2013, 02:36 AM
Which site are you watching the match guys? I can't find a single working link.

http://www.streamer247.com/hd.php

free hit miss again :facepalm:

NoName
We need free hit coach

BD_TigerZ
We need free hit coach

:up: Totaly agree.

RazabQ
October 31, 2013, 02:37 AM
somebody should send our guys vids of Kohli's hitting