PDA

View Full Version : Why always This happens?

sheshprohor
April 12, 2004, 09:26 AM
Why everytime BD faces a revival oponent.....History tells us.... the oponents, before the series against BD, all of a sudden starts doing good !!!

Why.....?

Prohor

rassel
April 12, 2004, 09:45 AM
No reason, after so many innings you have expect some good performance from any team, especially quality team like West Indies. They have the talent, especially lara, who can change the course of the game as he doing it in this 4th match.

reinausagi
April 12, 2004, 10:16 AM
One great inning does not a series make. BD will make a fight of this upcomming series.

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2004, 03:22 PM
Don't forget that we have quality spinners that England don't...

billah
April 12, 2004, 03:36 PM
Just a reminder: Lara's winning record as a skipper is really horrible.:D He got canned so many times now for poor captaincy. Hope he gives up on the idea after a lose to Bangladesh.:)

oracle
April 12, 2004, 03:48 PM
Look at the bright side. It is'nt everyday you score 400. So it might be quite a while before he does a repeat performance.

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2004, 09:41 PM
Not before ten years

wang
April 13, 2004, 04:34 AM
Lara is an enigma and is just as likely to fail in the upcoming series regardless of how many he has made in his previous series.

Arnab
April 13, 2004, 05:31 AM
Lara has been pretty consistent throughout the last 2 years. Bangladesh will have a chance to contain him only if he is distracted by some outside factor like over confidence, or a swinging pitch.

Lara won't be out cheaply to any of the spinners in our squad. He is the best player of spin in the world. It has to be our seamers, preferably aided by a lively pitch.

Rubu
April 13, 2004, 08:31 AM
when we face WI, for them doing good means doing good in every innings, in every day. for us, doing good means, doing good in one particular day (ODI) or in just one test match. this makes thing easier for us and harder for them.

betaar
April 13, 2004, 02:14 PM
I think in way it's good for Bd. Now that Lara scored a big one, I think and hope that next few days they'll just float on his success with bat and forget about the problem they have with him being a captain and also the lack of team's performance.

It's true that this new found inspiration will motivate the whole WI team, and could create a big problem for BD. I only hope it works the otherway, meaning, sometimes not so professional teams do tend to get carried away and complacent with their efforts in the following games, and I just hope it happens to WI against BD.

Some of you may say that I'm talkin like a chicken, actually I don't care, cus to me regardless of WI team's current status, a BD win will boost our boys tremendously.

sheshprohor
April 13, 2004, 10:07 PM
The root of the power is the TEAM spirit and unity. And BD has the advancement...(if bashar-rafiq incident didn't affect the rest).

I donno about the test...but in one day...eventhough we don't have the speeders..we can get wickets by 'niyontrito' balling.

Prohor