PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh v Hong Kong at Chittagong: March 20, 2014 : 10th Match - First Round Group A (19:30 local | 13:30 GMT)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WorldCup11
March 18, 2014, 09:25 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/73eybn.png

We need to defeat the last gatekeeper

BD Team (http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/content/squad/719705.html)Vs HK Team (http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/content/squad/718557.html)
Time: 19:30 local | 13:30 GMT |
Live Text-Only Commentary : http://www.icc-cricket.com/ & www.espncricinfo.com/

naim519
March 18, 2014, 09:59 PM
inshaAllah we will go through.
and obviously let's not make any bowling/fielding mistakes. it's embarrassing to watch.

fielders shouldn't stand there at the boundary with dropped shoulders. ruins the game.

kalpurush
March 18, 2014, 10:36 PM

BD Team (http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/content/squad/719705.html)Vs HK Team (http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/content/squad/718557.html)

Live Text-Only Commentary : http://www.icc-cricket.com/ & www.espncricinfo.com/ (http://www.espncricinfo.com/)

WOW! What a superb match thread!! Just brilliant. Very creative indeed. Love it.
:flag::applause::notworthy:

One World
March 18, 2014, 10:43 PM
Yep! Full points to TOP.

Anyway, HK looks like a Pakistan A team. We should beat them fair and square, as we did to Pakistan 0.5 few days back and Pakistan 0.75 in Warm-Up. :D

zunaid_bd
March 18, 2014, 11:18 PM

Live Text-Only Commentary : http://www.icc-cricket.com/ & www.espncricinfo.com/
Awesome match thread worldcup bro ! So if we win this.. we are through !!

Sohel
March 18, 2014, 11:44 PM
We will win the toss and bowl first. Then we'll chase down whatever target they throw at us with ease with someone hitting a booming :six: to end the match. It has nothing to do with dissing Hong Kong, but demonstrating to our critics that there's a substantial difference between us and the associates, and it is nothing but an insult to have us play qualifiers on our own soil. Having said that, I love the confidence boosting match practice we're getting.

Naimul_Hd
March 19, 2014, 12:19 AM
HK's bowling and fielding is the worst among associate teams. Can't see why we should not bat first and go for 200 runs :)

One World
March 19, 2014, 12:28 AM
I agree. If the opponent bowling is not so 'Ahamori' then you can go by this ploy:

8 batsmen each play 15 balls at least and target to make no less than 20 runs, which is decent in the format. So each partnership agrees to continue at least for 5 overs, unwritten agreement or bond.

Now we can expect at least 2, hopefully 3 player will go extra miles to score more than 20 runs, say they were able to add an extra 20 runs.

Say disciplined bowling and fielding, so Mr. Extra could not score more than 10.

Still you end up with ~ ( 20 X 8 + 20 + 10 ) = ~190 runs. Good total indeed.

MHRAM
March 19, 2014, 01:35 AM
Win toss, bat.

Shakib and Anamul can play later on. Nasir and Mush needs some practice
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Crickbang
March 19, 2014, 01:54 AM
I would bat first and put something around 180-190, heck even go for the kill put something like 200-215, on the board and just crush them by a big margin. Plus, we need to find out if we can defend a score in the tournament later on by "practicing" it in this match.

Roni_uk
March 19, 2014, 02:29 AM
Brilliant thread... Prob the best one I have seen...

Hey wait but we might still go thr even if we lose!

Jadukor
March 19, 2014, 03:01 AM
When we are winning, everything looks rosy. No questions will be asked about mushy's keeping, Farhad Reza's ordinary spell, bowling only one yorker in the entire game, or the thought process behind using Nasir as a seam up option. Lets say if Gayle tonks farhad Reza for four sixes and takes 20 off Nasir's single over in the future.. or if Al Amin bowls wide length balls in the final over which gets carted over point for sixes by Umar Akmal... we would probably comeback and reflect that the signs were there in the qualifying matches but we didn't address them because we were winning

simon
March 19, 2014, 03:08 AM
very nice thread by Bishshocup bhai.
Lets go for the kill.
Bat first or even if bat second give Nasir and Ryad and Sabbir some chance to bat.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Hasan2k8
March 19, 2014, 03:54 AM
Bismillah

Let's do another proffessional job and get the result well done lads
InshAllah BD win win

Joy Bangla!

Navo
March 19, 2014, 04:07 AM
When we are winning, everything looks rosy. No questions will be asked about mushy's keeping, Farhad Reza's ordinary spell, bowling only one yorker in the entire game, or the thought process behind using Nasir as a seam up option. Lets say if Gayle tonks farhad Reza for four sixes and takes 20 off Nasir's single over in the future.. or if Al Amin bowls wide length balls in the final over which gets carted over point for sixes by Umar Akmal... we would probably comeback and reflect that the signs were there in the qualifying matches but we didn't address them because we were winning

Jadukor transforms into a soothsayer, a prophet of doom and ill portent. :-)

You're right. I hope when Mushy and co. say that they're working on their weaknesses during net and practice sessions, they really mean it and are not just saying it to sound professional.

Al Amin told Cricinfo that 'he had never seen so much dew'. Another example of a player befuddled by his own home conditions.

After so many matches in Dhaka and Chittagong, didn't they know there could be dew? Who were they planning to bowl in such an eventuality? A spinner?! If Al Amin is already the designated bowler to bowl in damp conditions, why isn't he practicing to bowl with a damp ball in the nets?

Hasan2k8
March 19, 2014, 04:09 AM
Dont care we bat or bowl first as long as we win. Yes, some batsmens arnt getting enough practice but still prefer getting the job done by anyhow!

Shabbir Rahman should come down the order he looks much more comfortble against the spinners, if he fails at #3 this match. Good luck to him.

Zunaid
March 19, 2014, 04:10 AM

Please bring this convo here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1770546#post1770546

MHRAM
March 19, 2014, 05:34 AM
I have some news for you guys, the whether in Chittagong has turned a bit rough.

As I speak, i can hear rumbling. The sky is dark and one can expect a shower any time in the near future.

M.H.Rubel
March 19, 2014, 07:14 AM
HK's bowling and fielding is the worst among associate teams. Can't see why we should not bat first and go for 200 runs :)

Why not all out them under 50 and win by 10 wickets?

SS
March 19, 2014, 07:18 AM

This post is right on the money. As if we are back at when we beat WI and NZ. We are no where near that, our bowling is a huge worry as indicated by Jadukor and we all will see that against the top 10 nations.
Be careful with HK they beat Zimb few days ago...though Shakib is there but how many days he will save us. I am just too worried about our oridnary bowlers who have average skills for this format. If you call our pace option and slow medium pacers adequate just wait till you see they face Aus, Pak, Ind once they get qualified. Even spin looked ordinary. Selectors missed very important selections of not selecting right players and thinking they are ok after the recent two game wins.

MohammedC
March 19, 2014, 07:23 AM
Good Luck Bangladesh

M.H.Rubel
March 19, 2014, 07:45 AM
Bangladesh (possible): 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Anamul Haque, 3 Shakib Al Hasan, 4 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 5 Sabbir Rahman, 6 Nasir Hossain, 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Farhad Reza, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza/Rubel Hossain, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Al-Amin Hossain.

Pitch and conditions

The pitch in Chittagong has some live grass that could help the seamers but the dew is likely to negate that advantage. The weather has been hot and humid during the day, and dew is likely to be a factor in the evening.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/content/story/729101.html

Night_wolf
March 19, 2014, 08:18 AM
Great Match Thread!

shuziburo
March 19, 2014, 09:01 AM
Need to rest Mash and drop Reza.

Shuffle the batting order to give batting practice to the middle order.

Fazal
March 19, 2014, 09:13 AM
Will Riyad bat, or bowl few overs... or simply collect game money doing nothing?

Is Riyad selected as all-rounder, batsman who can bowl a little bit, or bowler who can bat a little bit?

Or is he our hidden weapon and only used in critical games against big boys?

Did get confused by team selection and Rahim's explaination about a player's role in the team. Did he explained anything in the media what is Riayd's role in the team?

jashan83
March 19, 2014, 10:34 AM
Hopefully BD need not be overconfident about this game. HK might seem the weakest but they are not. They just had bad games and is definitely a better team than Nepal and slightly less than Afghanistan

Fazal
March 19, 2014, 10:40 AM
time to show some arrogance, time to show the world that it was a joke to force the host team play qualifying rounds.

When we bat: Start the batting in reverse order. let Al-Amin and Razzak open the innings and followed by Mashrafee and others.

When we bowl: Start with part-timer like Nasir and Sabbir. Give the ball to Tamim and Anamul for on ever each.

Make this game a joke, and return back the insult back to ICC ... a tit for tat.

Sorry King Kong, nothing against you.... you are just a bystander standing at the wrong side of the road and at the wrong time.

Bonglababu
March 19, 2014, 11:07 AM
wow Fazal bhai, that much of pomposity is no good

zunaid_bd
March 19, 2014, 11:35 AM
Mash is injured again !! :( :( wont play tomorrow

zsayeed
March 19, 2014, 11:51 AM
Nice thread WC11! I hope you become the opener for T20wc next stage. You are doing well indeed.

shuziburo
March 19, 2014, 11:54 AM
Will Riyad bat, or bowl few overs... or simply collect game money doing nothing?

Is Riyad selected as all-rounder, batsman who can bowl a little bit, or bowler who can bat a little bit?

Did get confused by team selection and Rahim's explaination about a player's role in the team. Did he explained anything in the media what is Riayd's role in the team?

I am sure he would not say [বাংলা]স্বজনপ্রীতি![/বাংলা]

Shubho
March 19, 2014, 02:15 PM
I am scared of Hong Kong. Aren't they a martial race, just like the Afghans? The land of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan! :ohno:

Murad
March 19, 2014, 02:22 PM
I am scared of Hong Kong. Aren't they a martial race, just like the Afghans? The land of Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan! :ohno:

Lol. They are but 90% of the squad members are pakistani.

Shubho
March 19, 2014, 02:26 PM
Lol. They are but 90% of the squad members are pakistani.

Paxitanians! Another martial race. Oh no! :ohno:

roman
March 19, 2014, 02:42 PM
Mash is injured as far as I know. Hope it is nothing serious . But I am Really getting tired of his non stop injuries.

naim519
March 19, 2014, 02:47 PM
Mash is injured as far as I know. Hope it is nothing serious . But I am Really getting tired of his non stop injuries.

Inconsistencies like this really isn't good for the team, long term and short term.

Murad
March 19, 2014, 02:58 PM

He got injured in the first game when he dived to save that 4.

What a brave man.

Duck
March 19, 2014, 03:03 PM
Mash was injured in the game against Afg. Needs scanning in Dhaka. Rubel is recovering from fever. Hope he gets well in time.

Duck
March 19, 2014, 03:05 PM
Forecast? Chance of rain?

Moh899
March 19, 2014, 04:16 PM
honkkong can be tough to beat..gotta start and finish well.

Moh899
March 19, 2014, 04:47 PM
who's our strength and fitness coach? or do we not have one?

Roni_uk
March 19, 2014, 04:57 PM
Mash has been taken to Apollo hospital .... According to FB ... Hope he is ok. Nonetheless, its time to call it a day and become our bowling coach...IMHO.

Shehwar
March 19, 2014, 05:10 PM
Mash needs to stop diving around needlessly!

MohammedC
March 19, 2014, 05:12 PM
According to NTV news Mash is given rest.

G-man
March 19, 2014, 05:22 PM
time to show some arrogance, time to show the world that it was a joke to force the host team play qualifying rounds.

When we bat: Start the batting in reverse order. let Al-Amin and Razzak open the innings and followed by Mashrafee and others.

When we bowl: Start with part-timer like Nasir and Sabbir. Give the ball to Tamim and Anamul for on ever each.

Make this game a joke, and return back the insult back to ICC ... a tit for tat.

Sorry King Kong, nothing against you.... you are just a bystander standing at the wrong side of the road and at the wrong time.

LOL really? 2 wins against associates and you think we're world beaters. Haven't you raised questions about how our team get complacent too quickly?

adamnsu
March 19, 2014, 06:19 PM
who's our strength and fitness coach? or do we not have one?

As the kids have become so egoistic recently I doubt they listen to the fitness coach

MohammedC
March 19, 2014, 07:30 PM
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=728431840529864" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=728431840529864">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/BanglaCricketcom/110639668975754">BanglaCricket.com</a>.</div></div>

22Yards
March 19, 2014, 08:11 PM

Also, What's reza's role in the team ?

naim519
March 19, 2014, 09:02 PM

:lol::floor::lol::floor:

Make Shakib the wicket keeper.

Moh899
March 19, 2014, 09:26 PM
As the kids have become so egoistic recently I doubt they listen to the fitness coach

no im asking because our players play so little but still get injured..wtf? im tired of hearing injury news...do they not care about fitness?

MHRAM
March 19, 2014, 09:31 PM
The weather looks good in Chittagong. I am currently at my workplace in Nasirabad and its bright and sunny here :)

There was a passing shower in the middle of the night I suppose

al-Sagar
March 19, 2014, 09:50 PM
ajke amra aage batting niye 200 kora uchit .....

tamim century ............

WorldCup11
March 19, 2014, 10:01 PM
^ Tamim r Mashrafee ke rest deya hoyeche azker game theke .

syedmahm
March 19, 2014, 10:23 PM
The weather looks good in Chittagong. I am currently at my workplace in Nasirabad and its bright and sunny here :)

There was a passing shower in the middle of the night I suppose

Thanks for the update MHRAM. I was very eager to know about the weather situation.

SS
March 19, 2014, 10:35 PM
Mash injured so Rubel might play if Feza plays how will Mominul play. It seems based on the news

SS
March 19, 2014, 10:36 PM
I hope King Kong won't scare our shuper star pacers

WorldCup11
March 19, 2014, 10:38 PM
WOW! What a superb match thread!! Just brilliant. Very creative indeed. Love it.
:flag::applause::notworthy:

Yep! Full points to TOP.

Anyway, HK looks like a Pakistan A team. We should beat them fair and square, as we did to Pakistan 0.5 few days back and Pakistan 0.75 in Warm-Up. :D

Awesome match thread worldcup bro ! So if we win this.. we are through !!

Brilliant thread... Prob the best one I have seen...

Hey wait but we might still go thr even if we lose!

very nice thread by Bishshocup bhai.
Lets go for the kill.
Bat first or even if bat second give Nasir and Ryad and Sabbir some chance to bat.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Great Match Thread!

Nice thread WC11! I hope you become the opener for T20wc next stage. You are doing well indeed.

Thank you All . I am glad that you liked my 30 mins Fun with Visio . :):)

"A picture is worth a thousand words "

One World
March 20, 2014, 12:00 AM
shei shokal bela khela, ghumai taile,

cricbook
March 20, 2014, 12:22 AM

Exactly. I m agree with u there... Atleast one match we have to see what we do when we do bat first before going play big stage.

naim519
March 20, 2014, 12:56 AM
Let's bat in reverse order

(still laughing from that comment)

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 05:18 AM
Bat first try and put 200.

Zunaid
March 20, 2014, 06:43 AM
The last time Bangladesh met Hong Kong in a true ODI - scorecard (http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/79/79910.html)

We've also met them 18 other times prior to that in Liast A (and other OD) games. They used to be our regular opponent in the 1980s in the Suith East Asia games and we've also met them in the ICC a few times.

Zunaid
March 20, 2014, 06:44 AM
Guess who is the player still playing?

rubel_18
March 20, 2014, 06:58 AM

I am guessing it's that 42 year old that's playing I forgot his name....Najeeb Amar that's it seeing as he is the oldest member lol

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 07:23 AM
Nepal pacers ball better yorkers and more inteligently at death than our idiots.

Eshen
March 20, 2014, 07:45 AM
Really happy for Nepal, they given Afghans a well deserved kick in the butt. Sometimes nice guys do prevail over arrogant ones.

One World
March 20, 2014, 07:51 AM
I rem a six-a-side in HK where Khaled Mahmud did pretty well.

SS
March 20, 2014, 07:54 AM
Nepal pacers ball better yorkers and more inteligently at death than our idiots.

did u see those yorkers ...damn those are Malinga like...amader haba gula ken parena ke jane

roman
March 20, 2014, 07:57 AM

Razzaq bhai

ddude
March 20, 2014, 08:00 AM
Lets make it 3-0. Come on tigers!

WorldCup11
March 20, 2014, 08:02 AM
Ball is turning today. Just a bit but enough for our bowling.

ddude
March 20, 2014, 08:02 AM
Toss: Bangladesh lost the toss and will have to bat first.

ddude
March 20, 2014, 08:03 AM
Rubel in place of Mash.

Murad
March 20, 2014, 08:03 AM
Razzaq bhai

Wasnt he banned after that game for chucking?

One World
March 20, 2014, 08:06 AM
3 teams from 1 country in 1 world cup

Murad
March 20, 2014, 08:07 AM
great! wanted him to lose the toss today. he would've chosen to bowl first again.

we need to bat first against these teams and score a big total.

Night_wolf
March 20, 2014, 08:07 AM
good decision batting first..we need batting practice

edit: good decision for us by the opposition captain that is!

Murad
March 20, 2014, 08:08 AM
3 teams from 1 country in 1 world cup

Bangladesh, Pakistan, and India?

rubel_18
March 20, 2014, 08:09 AM

Lol na I think he meant Pakistan, Hong Kong and UAE

One World
March 20, 2014, 08:10 AM

Pakistan, Pakistan and Pakistan. Just look at the names in HK and UAE players. Also you may call AFG a half-Pak side as they are trained and groomed there.

Eshen
March 20, 2014, 08:11 AM
With NRR we have, we should be through to super 10 unless something goes really wrong (not that I want to see any upset in hands of HK).

Night_wolf
March 20, 2014, 08:11 AM

lol..no..Pakistan, HK and UAE..all from Pakistan!

Night_wolf
March 20, 2014, 08:13 AM
Pakistan, Pakistan and Pakistan. Just look at the names in HK and UAE players. Also you may call AFG a half-Pak side as they are trained and groomed there.

to me afgans is pak 2nd team and ireland is england 2nd team

ato kotha keno bole r ak deser FC e khele..nijer dese kisu nai

One World
March 20, 2014, 08:14 AM
May be this Munir Dar is a far-distant nephew of Aleem Dar, who knows?

ddude
March 20, 2014, 08:15 AM
CI : "Nepal still have an outside chance of progressing to the main event here, but Bangladesh are clear favourites to qualify. Here's the points table and here's a scenario for Bangladesh.

If Bangladesh bat first and score 140, they have to make sure that HK don't get the runs in 12 overs or less. "

Rumz_01
March 20, 2014, 08:16 AM
Aww Mushfiq :D

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:19 AM
I hope we win toss and bat first today... I want to see how many runs our batsman can actually score batting first.

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:21 AM
I hope we win bat first today... I want to see how many runs our batsman can actually score batting first.

Allah and Hong Kong have granted you that wish...and mine too :D

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:22 AM
May be this Munir Dar is a far-distant nephew of Aleem Dar, who knows?

All Bhai Bhai in Pak land innit

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:22 AM
Allah and Hong Kong have granted you that wish...and mine too :D

Great this should be exciting then :p

Alvi
March 20, 2014, 08:23 AM
Can we score 200 today?

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:24 AM
Most of the kids infront of the Hong Kong team looked rather depressed....reminds me of the times when I was forced to take a picture when I was their age:D

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:24 AM
Can we score 200 today?

I say around 220.

Mridul
March 20, 2014, 08:25 AM
Any working link that you can watch from office?

Night_wolf
March 20, 2014, 08:28 AM
too much talk about 200..thats extra pressure..i'll take a professional performance

bimmerBoy

ESPN3 If you are in US. and have the right ISP.

Rumz_01

http://hitcric.info/

? maybe?

adamnsu
Great this should be exciting then :p

InshahAllah it should be good if our boys can smash everything outta the ball park.....anything below 160 should be considered a poor performace.

On another note...Nepalese have beaten the Afghans :up::up::up: wonder what will the Afghans blame this time

Mridul
March 20, 2014, 08:29 AM
ESPN3 If you are in US. and have the right ISP.

I am in Canada. I wish willow.tv was broadcasting the T20 world cup.

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:29 AM
Everyone take your guess on how many runs BD will score.

Mine 220.

criclife
March 20, 2014, 08:30 AM
lol@cricinfo headline

Bangladesh inserted, Mortaza out

BD_TigerZ
My guess is 175

adamnsu
Khela shuru hoi nai and the Hong Kong fielders already sweating :lol:

MohammedC
Salam everyone. Play

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:31 AM
wtf.. out? Tamim gone.

Mridul
March 20, 2014, 08:32 AM
Everyone take your guess on how many runs BD will score.

Mine 220.

Between 135 to 155

Roni_uk
Happy birthday duck :-p

ddude
Duck for Tamim as a gift!

MohammedC
Tamim should never face the first ball in Chittagong.

adamnsu
Tamim :facepalm::waiting::down::lol::floor::facepalm:

BD_TigerZ
What a beauty..

Tamim strikes again at Chittagong..on his birthday :D

Zunaid
Hahaha. And today Tamim was my captain for the fantasy cricket.

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:33 AM
Hmm Sabbir comes in.. interesting.

Roni_uk
btw.... do we have to win to go thr'?

adamnsu
Tamim and Chachu Jaan will enjoy some nice Mezbaan meat.

Murad
Wow tamim

Stop playing t20i

BD_TigerZ
Sabbirs time to shine.

ddude
Wide...

roman
March 20, 2014, 08:34 AM
Jaao baba..ei bar aram kore jonmodin er Biriyani khao

criclife
dhurr...kitchen e gelam..ar out

adamnsu
Tamim is very easy to get out these days....just bowl that line and he will get out

BD Tigers
some of u guys needs to get a grip...this is 20/20...and cricket after all...

ddude
March 20, 2014, 08:35 AM
Sab-man off the mark

Habib
March 20, 2014, 08:35 AM
Was that a ball to cut? :facepalm:

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:36 AM
wow and we thought hongkong was the easiest team?

ddude
2 wicket down!

Sabbir gone for 2.

BD_TigerZ
:fire: who said 200 again?

Zunaid
Uh oh.

Overconfidence again?

Roni_uk
lovely jovely!!!!!

here it comes again

criclife
March 20, 2014, 08:37 AM
big upset coming tonight

epitaph
lmao. i knew the team was gonna be complacent after two easy wins. very predictable.

Habib
Swing on the wicket and our batsmen are at sea.

bimmerBoy
I wonder if the Afghan fans are celebrating right now lol

Night_wolf
hahaha..200 korbe

we might have to open another congrats Nepal thread for making it to the super 10!

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:38 AM
:fire: who said 200 again?

Someone had the audacity to call it 220 runs today.....this is what happens to our fans, play a few good games and lift the players ego to the moon only to drop back hard to reality

Sohel
March 20, 2014, 08:39 AM
Mrs. Benson and Mr. Bulu Eyes have already made this interesting.

bimmerBoy
Someone had the audacity to call it 220 runs today.....this is what happens to our fans, play a few good games and lift the players ego to the moon only to drop back hard to reality

Lol i said 220... I believe we can still score 220 but highly unlikely on chittagong pitch.

Night_wolf
after afgans it looks like its our turn to come back to earth!

BD Tigers
player der ar ki dosh...shara bangladesh was talking as if this game has already won...newspaper, fans, and especially some of the BCs here...

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 08:40 AM
Look for 120..:D

zunaid_bd
March 20, 2014, 08:41 AM
Jaatir bibek er kache prosno will we qualify if we loose this? Please answer me

ddude
4 for iceman!

adamnsu
Lol i said 220... I believe we can still score 220 but highly unlikely on chittagong pitch.

Nothing personal bro.....but i feel BD fans give too much credit (OTT) to our players that their feet dont touch the ground

meazz1
hoping to not get bowled out before 20 over, forget about 120.

bimmerBoy
Jaatir bibek er kache prosno will we qualify if we loose this? Please answer me

Yes our NRR is too high

Habib
I think we should apply the old strategy now- keep wickets in hand and make the most of the last 5-6 overs.

roman
March 20, 2014, 08:42 AM
Arey Nasir Riyad er to batting practice laagbe na ki? Sharakkhon ei Tamim Shabbir khelle cholbe?

Zunaid
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>54.3 - Shakib Al Hasan has scored 217 runs in his last six innings at the ICC World Twenty20, at an average of 54.3. Needed. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23wt20&amp;src=hash">#wt20</a></p>&mdash; OptaJim (@OptaJim) <a href="https://twitter.com/OptaJim/statuses/446641867250487296">March 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roni_uk
dont worry ppl... amader RR Nepaler RR er theke onek beshiii.... harleo khoti nai... respectable loss thats all we need :D

cricbook
March 20, 2014, 08:43 AM
Tamim when u will learn man??? Sabbir felt the heat of street bowler pace... Now sakib leg stump abt too.... Wth going on????

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:43 AM
Day haalaray baadi...PIDA PIDA PIDA PIDA

nightwatchman
March 20, 2014, 08:44 AM
bhua
old BD opening memories are coming back!
This may be a blessing in disguise!TIme for middle order to perform!
I think they want Mushfiq and the gang to practice!
Every thing is by design lol

NoName
lol what a nightmare start.

Hasan2k8
Tamim has not looked convincing at 1st two games. If he is injured then play Shamsur!

SS
March 20, 2014, 08:45 AM
What are we seeing...I hope iceman stays cool

adamnsu
Tamim when u will learn man??? Sabbir felt the heat of street bowler pace... Now sakib leg stump abt too.... Wth going on????

Too arrogant , Too fat , Too egoistic, too lazy and Too unprofessional too learn

Bonglababu
hassokor ghotona

Nafi
Comical start ahahaa

bimmerBoy
Nothing personal bro.....but i feel BD fans give too much credit (OTT) to our players that their feet dont touch the ground

I kno i kno what you mean I actually left BC for while after being disappointed too many times. Now i dont expect too much anymore. Anyway i was kinda joking about 220. Lol BUT anything is possible when Bangladesh is playing.

cricbook
So its bijoy t20 specialist ... Not tamim or others.. Sakib t20 matter too..

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 08:46 AM
Nasir, riyad, Freza.

:facepalm: at that firepower.

adamnsu
Tamim has not looked convincing at 1st two games. If he is injured then play Shamsur!

If these are the only 2 choices: An injured Tamim is better than a fit Shamsur in T20

Ishmumislam
Anamul can play a shot only kohli can play .. Backfoot cover drive\punch

BD Tigers
March 20, 2014, 08:47 AM
Too arrogant , Too fat , Too egoistic, too lazy and Too unprofessional too learn

are you talking about the BCs here...then you are absolutely RIGHT :up:

Hasan2k8
March 20, 2014, 08:47 AM
Let's not fidget with our batting line up too much. shabbir rahman is down the order, early movement is too much for him. he takes too long... when the ball is old came down the order and go bang bang.

Shakib or mushy at #3 IMHO!

criclife
March 20, 2014, 08:48 AM
patieance shakmama patience

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:48 AM
I kno i kno what you mean I actually left BC for while after being disappointed too many times. Now i dont expect too much anymore. Anyway i was kinda joking about 220. Lol BUT anything is possible when Bangladesh is playing.

True that bro....but the way Shakib is playing atm ...maybe who knows you may be even right

criclife
March 20, 2014, 08:49 AM
whtever hapnd to t20 specialist mr. roman

weekyd
It's a good test for our boys.

So far there has not been any decent challenge from the associates. Losing two wickets in the first over creates some pressure. If/when we qualify no doubt we will be in lot more trouble against the other teams. If we manage to come away with a convincing win from this position it will boost our confidence even further.

Let's lose one/two more wickets :)

adamnsu
are you talking about the BCs here...then you are absolutely RIGHT :up:

Lolz....actually it was Tamim "med bhuri ki kori" Iqbal

Hasan2k8
March 20, 2014, 08:50 AM
If these are the only 2 choices: An injured Tamim is better than a fit Shamsur in T20

I thinnk most of us would agree he is the better batsmen than shamsur in general . But, in t20 I think shamsur is better

Nafi
Nasir, riyad, Freza.

:facepalm: at that firepower.

They need to be tested sometime, they could come good. And definitely could use the confidence if they make a good knock

RazabQ
After Bashar and Ashrapull, Anamul has the best pull shot of any Bangladeshi batter I have seen. Bashar's one was the most controlled, Ashraful's one always seemed more intuition than cricketing thinking while Anamul's ones are the most dismissive. Must be because he plays his pulls _AFTER_ an initial forward movement.

adamnsu
Wow...Pakistani domestic cricket players that cant make the Pak team should migrate to Associate memeber countries

bimmerBoy
March 20, 2014, 08:51 AM
I think shakib is actually targeting 220+

BD_TigerZ
Shak back to old ways..

Hasan2k8
what is shakib doing>? you got to respect the good balls and opponents

Roni_uk
170+ to win this tonight - anything less would be a lose!!!

how is it too easy to score runs here?

RazabQ
March 20, 2014, 08:52 AM
It's obvious why Shakib is going down the wicket. He doesn't want it do do much off the pitch. Makes perfect sense. And because he did that the previous ball, bowler pitched it slightly short and he cuts it for 4

criclife
now thats a shott....cool shakmama..matha thanda koro plzz

RazabQ
I am fine with Shakib's plan. He knows what he is doing.

adamnsu
I thinnk most of us would agree he is the better batsmen than shamsur in general . But, in t20 I think shamsur is better

Shamsur looks to nervy at the start of an innings...and as we speak Shakib creaming the Pakistani...er I mean Hong Kong bowlers

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:53 AM
I am fine with Shakib's plan. He knows what he is doing.

For the time being

Roni_uk
March 20, 2014, 08:54 AM
Wow...Pakistani domestic cricket players that cant make the Pak team should migrate to Associate memeber countries

that even gives our deshi players an idea or two..

HK isn't a bad place to live in I believe.

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 08:54 AM
What on earth was that from tamim..always makes the delivery look x10 better..:smh:

Habib
March 20, 2014, 08:55 AM
That was such a rubbish shot selection from Tamim.

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 08:55 AM
Tamim Iqbal must have been late for his Birthday Party

Nafi
March 20, 2014, 08:56 AM
What on earth was that from tamim..always makes the delivery look x10 better..:smh:

Eights years on, still Loses his head sometimes

Roni_uk
March 20, 2014, 08:57 AM
good shot for 44444444

criclife
March 20, 2014, 08:57 AM
beautiful 44444

Rumz_01
March 20, 2014, 08:58 AM
Oh Anamul! Shot!

Roni_uk
sloppy fielding BaBa... 444444

criclife
no footwork though another 44.haha misfield 44444444444

Nafi
March 20, 2014, 08:59 AM
The Legend becomes the GURU

Theyre literally giving us boundaries now

And on that note, Haque is OUT

Rumz_01
Bowled him :O

adamnsu
ReBHENje by the bowler :facepalm:

criclife
damm why they want to hit everything ? dhutt tori

Murad
March 20, 2014, 09:00 AM
Whats wrong with our batsmen?

Hasan2k8
trying to hit every ball. Anamul come on man!! the was no need of that...jut hit 3 fours....

nightwatchman
purano bangladesh!!loving it

cricman
Just get 160+ to ensure advancement

Habib
Now Anamul gets carried away. Lol. Talk about complacency.

BD_TigerZ
No point playing the shot again back to the hut..

RazabQ
It's OK that Anamul got out attempting shots. We need to learn to maximize powerplays.

adamnsu
no footwork though another 44.haha misfield 44444444444

Anamul will struggle against proper bowlers....he is a minnow basher in reality

Roni_uk
well Bijoy... next time may be

I want to see Nasir today.... if he can't perform tonight.. he shouldn't perform any night. I would replace him for Mominul

Nafi
March 20, 2014, 09:01 AM
Is Riyad coming in?

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 09:01 AM
We wanted a test for our lower order sagols we are going to get it..

Hasan2k8
March 20, 2014, 09:02 AM
our Batsmens targetting the highest T20 score 260

criclife
March 20, 2014, 09:02 AM
mushy is inzis small brother..i m afraid another run out coming today

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 09:03 AM
That hideous footwork :facepalm:

Shehwar
March 20, 2014, 09:04 AM
3 wickets down. Imagine what we would end up with if these two play the next 10 overs or so!

RazabQ
March 20, 2014, 09:06 AM
Chinese manush koi ei dole? :-P Or is this the Pakistan C team?

nightwatchman
another old Bangladesh I miss is try to touch every balls...
kocha

Hasan2k8
That hideous footwork :facepalm:

I thought he uses his feet well against spin :facepalm:

criclife
March 20, 2014, 09:07 AM
44444444444444444444 to irffan styen ahmd

adamnsu
Tamim is the only MAN in the Bangladesh cricket team

epitaph
It's OK that Anamul got out attempting shots. We need to learn to maximize powerplays.

Attempting four boundaries in a row is stupid in any format, in any situation (powerplay or not).

Roni_uk
March 20, 2014, 09:08 AM
Shakib calm down .. dude... wanted to slog!!!!

Hasan2k8
that was a ugly slog by shakib. Disgusting.

criclife
oooo god shakib want to hit everything wts wrng?? over confidence? arrogance?:facepalm:

adamnsu
Attempting four boundaries in a row is stupid in any format, in any situation (powerplay or not).

Our players sometimes think they are Afridi

Nafi
March 20, 2014, 09:09 AM
Delicate four there!

criclife
March 20, 2014, 09:09 AM
now thats delicate from the captain:applause::up:

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 09:10 AM
That is an excellent shot by Mush...followed by a jharu marka shot

BD_TigerZ
March 20, 2014, 09:11 AM
Our players sometimes think they are Afridi

Sabbirs idol afridi
Bijoy idol ashrafool :facepalm:
Shakib is shakib..

Alvi
Lol hopefully Shakib comes back down to Earth vs. the actual challenge

Hasan2k8
This one of the reason many minnows feel they have a chance against you, cause we can always have a bad day playing poor shots. And it's happened many times before

roman
March 20, 2014, 09:12 AM
Go Mushy gooo

criclife
mushy joins the party

Roni_uk
Jamie Atkinson (HK Captain) looks like Graeme Smith

Alvi
March 20, 2014, 09:13 AM
Lol dealing in boundaries here...200 is still on

criclife
Sabbirs idol afridi
Bijoy idol ashrafool :facepalm:
Shakib is shakib..

shakib sometimes= ashrafoool+afretard:D

adamnsu
I want BD team to make these Pak players in Hong Kong to feel like going back to Pakistan....PIDA PIDA PIDA PIDA

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 09:16 AM
Shakib missed out there.....

So are there any fully Chinese players in the cricket team???

Roni_uk
March 20, 2014, 09:17 AM
I want BD team to make these Pak players in Hong Kong to feel like going back to Pakistan....PIDA PIDA PIDA PIDA

Pakistan wont allow them back :)

Nafi
March 20, 2014, 09:18 AM
HINDI?!?!?!

We're in Bangladesh!!!

criclife
damm dew.....we need atleast 160 to make it competitive .

adamnsu
This Irfan guy has a good bowling action.

Roni_uk
March 20, 2014, 09:19 AM
Oh Shakib... any other team would catch this scoop!!!

roman
March 20, 2014, 09:19 AM
10 overs completed. 80 runs added. We need another 80-100 runs in the last 10. Can they do it?

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 09:20 AM
Now this shot is just too risky...Shakib in the past many times got out playing that shot

cricman
Spitty sight in Cricinfo Scorecard, how come he doesn't post here anymore?

Roni_uk
Oh that was a good shot.... but OUT!!!

shaad
And gone

Murad
Eta ki korlo??

criclife
shakib did aashrafool-afretard

Nafi
Shakib holed out to Midwicket! GONE

BD_TigerZ
Nothing new..heave ho to the leg side and caught.

adamnsu
March 20, 2014, 09:21 AM
Eta ki korlo??

Boldami ar ki