PDA

View Full Version : THE FINAL: GERMANY VS ARGENTINA

al-Sagar
July 9, 2014, 05:51 PM
The repeat of 1986 and 1990.

Three time Champs: Germany
vs
Two time Champs: Argentina

Can Germany bring the cup to Europe from South America ???

or

Can Argentina win it from the soil of their arch rivals brazil ???

Sohel
July 9, 2014, 05:53 PM
Let's Go Germany!

NoName
July 9, 2014, 05:58 PM
GERMANYYYYYY

BD_TigerZ
July 9, 2014, 06:14 PM
Argentina!!

iDumb
July 9, 2014, 06:18 PM
Feels good to finally see some Germany support emerging in this site..... Almost was disliking this sub section.

It's gonna be an awesome game........Germany to crush Argentina and show their dominance......

Holden
July 9, 2014, 06:35 PM
Germany have been the best team in the Cup they deserve to win, Argentina are lucky they made it this far.

Jadukor
July 9, 2014, 06:40 PM
Go Argentina!!!

Moh899
July 9, 2014, 07:34 PM
Germany baby!!!

roman
July 9, 2014, 08:19 PM
Argentina please win this cup for Messi. He deserves to be the world champion

iDumb
July 9, 2014, 10:41 PM
Argentina please win this cup for Messi. He deserves to be the world champion

Klose deserves one too... Messi has one more chance.

And Muller better get one under his belt while at it, he will take over klose' record of most goals in wc history eventually...

roman
July 10, 2014, 11:07 AM
Klose deserves one too... Messi has one more chance.

And Muller better get one under his belt while at it, he will take over klose' record of most goals in wc history eventually...

Actually I didn't like Klose breaking Ronaldo' s record. Most of his world cup goals were simply because he was at the right place at the right time. Ronaldo on the other hand did score some spectacular goals. Muller is a class. He definitely can break Kolae' s record.

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2014, 11:25 AM
Let me know whoever wins the cup when they do!! My World Cup is over!!!

al-Sagar
July 10, 2014, 11:28 AM
Actually I didn't like Klose breaking Ronaldo' s record. Most of his world cup goals were simply because he was at the right place at the right time. Ronaldo on the other hand did score some spectacular goals. Muller is a class. He definitely can break Kolae' s record.

Mueller is only 24 and surely gonna play two more World Cups and possibly some appearaces in a third WC. surely he is gonna put up a new record that will be not broken for some time

iDumb
July 10, 2014, 01:44 PM
Actually I didn't like Klose breaking Ronaldo' s record. Most of his world cup goals were simply because he was at the right place at the right time. Ronaldo on the other hand did score some spectacular goals.

Well he was in at the right place at the right time 16x. NOt a coincidence. He is the best forward in WC history, Know exactly when to time his run as not to be offside...

Having said that, I actually agree with you that he is not such a "classy" player in the sense how we view the messis, ronaldos (brazil), J. Rodriguez...

If Klose played for Poland, he wouldn't be anywhere near where he is (if you count average goals per game as obviously with germany he is playing more games) - Klose feeds of his amazing tight knit team mates that creates chances for him rather than he is creating one for himself....

I am glad he has the highest goals.. this only signifies what a great team he played for last 16 years.... IF the trend continues I think the team coming up for Germany will be even better (if it's possible)... they seem to just get better and better younger guys....

Zeeshan
July 10, 2014, 01:59 PM
goal naki?

roman
July 10, 2014, 02:24 PM
Well he was in at the right place at the right time 16x. NOt a coincidence. He is the best forward in WC history, Know exactly when to time his run as not to be offside.......

Lol..Yeah if you look at it that way, then yes. He is the best forward in wc history. :)
But I highly doubt that he will be rated by the German football fans as highly as they respect players like Gerd Muller, Beckenbauer, Klinsmann or even Ballack.
As a football fan, I would be happy if Someone like Muller, Neymar or Rodriguez break that record. Kotha kar kon klose Mlose eshe Ronaldo r record bhanglo. Ei ta kissu hoilo?

mufi_02
July 10, 2014, 02:29 PM
Argentina all the way!! I want Messi to lift the trophy. Germany had enough fun with Brazil.

and if germany wins than I will give a treat to idumb, anyplace anytime. ami gorib manush so max limit - $10. negotiable. but unlimited for roman bhai coz he never shows up ;)

iDumb
July 10, 2014, 02:37 PM
and if germany wins than I will give a treat to idumb, anyplace anytime. ami gorib manush so max limit - $10. negotiable.

I am quoting you , I will hold you to it... Germany WILL win.... No doubt. I don't mind a Micky Ds...

Roman bhai I agree with your last post... LOL

Bangladesh e ekta kotha asche na "chaame thaake" or something like that.. That's Klose.. LOL... But my point is because he is not such a great player yet has so many goals signifies what a great TEAM germany has.. that's all...

and yes I don't thin he will be regarded that highly either..... I agree.

The only thing that I don't agree with you is you supporting Argentina.. Bro just support Germany ok.... and let's hug.

ma_o_mati
July 10, 2014, 03:26 PM
My team is Argentina, supporting them since when I was 5. Want them to win the final but this German team is surely the more deserving one. What a team!

roman
July 10, 2014, 03:50 PM
Haha..Idumb bhai, Mufi amare khawanor budget unlimited rakhse. So might as well give u a hug :D

iDumb
July 10, 2014, 04:09 PM
This is what's coming to ARgentina:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YOEaXgCQ61A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

clip is a little too long... I will put up another game against england which is shorter but equally good to watch...

Again, I really don't know how the hell Germany didn't win the last world cup.... if they don't this time, it will be a travesty.

iDumb
July 10, 2014, 04:10 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6v_t3NCDZG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoy...

and let's all see another German ROUT....

Ahsan
July 10, 2014, 04:32 PM
It is time to make an amend of 1990! Referee simply given that trophy to Germany, hope they do not work for Germany this time again.

Go Argentina! Go Messi.

As for Brazilian fans, i thought you guys had enough of Germany to support Argentina. What a tragedy, you guys can't even support Argentina, instead you will support the team that humiliated you guys:floor:

We welcome you guys to support the great Messi and Argentina :big_hug::big_hug:

BengaliPagol
July 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
Argentina have Messi. Germany have a team.

BengaliPagol
July 10, 2014, 06:12 PM
Everyone seems to be jumping on the James Rodriguez bandwagon. Sure he looked great in the World Cup, seems to be very talented and has huge potential but that was just for a couple of games against teams like teams like Greece, japan, Ivory coast. Barely anyone was talking about him before and this season for Monaco it wasn't like he was pulling off amazing goal scoring feats. Even someone like Isco had similar stats to James in club level. He still has a long way to go to prove himself at the highest level and hopefully he will get there because he is very talented. But we shouldn't become too carried away by his performances in the world cup

CricFanBD
July 10, 2014, 09:55 PM
It is good to see few people who are rooting for Germany…a very rare scenerio for Bangladeshi people. Since 1990 I support and follow German Football team closey. They did not win any big since 1996’s Euro. Hopefull they will not frustrate us this time. In my personal opinion, they will face the weaker team of the second semi-final’s match. Good Luck Germany.

Jadukor
July 11, 2014, 01:26 AM
It will be an injustice if this German team does not lift the trophy because they do look like a champion team. They are playing football at a different level. Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria and Messi will have to find a goal from somewhere to stay in the contest

iDumb
July 11, 2014, 01:37 AM
Everyone seems to be jumping on the James Rodriguez bandwagon. Sure he looked great in the World Cup, seems to be very talented and has huge potential but that was just for a couple of games against teams like teams like Greece, japan, Ivory coast. Barely anyone was talking about him before and this season for Monaco it wasn't like he was pulling off amazing goal scoring feats.

You have a decent point but you have to keep in mind the stage. All these fancy players C. Ronaldo, Messi are doing great for their respective clubs but come WC, they suck... I don't think Messi scored any goals in previous wc. He is doing much better this wc.

NO matter how good a player you are, you will not really be a legend unless you lift the trophy for you country... Maradona and pele did that and hence they are mentioned all the times.... Messi is an amazing player but not yet a legend simply he hasn't done jack for his country.

J. Rodriquez is mentioned because he has the potential....No body gives colombia a chance to go past group stage, now all of a sudden they are fighting for spot in semifinal for the first time....he was pivotal for his country.... He CAN be a legend for colombia.... replacing Escobar - legend for the wrong thing.

I guess that's why his name appeared.... NOt that anyone thinks he is the best player in the world.... I think colombia will do well with him in next two world cups....

Think of him as the shakib al hasan.... there are much better players out there... but still a legend for us.. and deserve any records that he can get.

iDumb
July 11, 2014, 01:45 AM
It will be an injustice if this German team does not lift the trophy because they do look like a champion team. They are playing football at a different level. Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria and Messi will have to find a goal from somewhere to stay in the contest

Thank you. I think it will be crucial on who get the first goal. I think the game against Brazil was actually disadvantaged for Germany as the opponents will have a good plan now.

I think Argentina will play mostly defense and will try to get a goal with counter.... And if they get the first goal, they might go into a shell...

Germany's defense is their offense unfortunately.....that's why it's crucial for them to get the lead so they expose the opponent more as they try to equalize....

Hopefully, Argentina play attacking and then we have ourselves a treat.... of a final....

And jadukor you better be a german supporter on Sunday.... I want every member in this site to be a winner...

Jadukor
July 11, 2014, 04:01 AM
Sorry dude i am an Arg fan since 1990 but i am not the kind that needlessly hates on Brazil or any other team. I appreciate good football and if it results in a thrashing received by Arg then i will be sad but not sour over it.

Sohel
July 11, 2014, 05:27 AM
The Germans have played the most consistently attractive soccer since 2006 and are likely to be rewarded with the biggest trophy of them all at long last. Great example of unit cohesion and positive soccer with flair. From Fritz Walter in 1954 to Miroslav Klose and Thomas Muller 60 years later, they have produced the most clinical finishers of any team in the history of the World Cup. Add great goaltending, thoroughly organized defense, and tremendous fitness into the mix, and one can't help but understand and appreciate their well deserved success in the World Cup. They deserve to win the Cup this year but soccer isn't always fair, and can always be a cruel mistress. I love the way Germany have played over the last eight years and will be rooting for them in a World Cup final for the first time since 1986 and 1990.

One World
July 11, 2014, 05:43 AM
35 million USD :D

al-Sagar
July 11, 2014, 11:48 PM
World Cup 2014: Nicola Rizzoli to referee Germany v Argentina final (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28274366)

Italian Nicola Rizzoli has been chosen by Fifa to referee the 2014 World Cup final between Germany and Argentina.

Englishman Howard Webb, who refereed the 2010 World Cup final in South Africa, was one of Fifa's shortlisted officials but was not selected.

Germany and Argentina play in the Maracana stadium, Rio De Janeiro, at 21:00 BST on Sunday, 13 July.

Rizzoli, an architect from Bologna, has already refereed three matches at this year's tournament in Brazil.

The 42-year-old took charge of Spain v Netherlands, Nigeria v Argentina and Argentina v Belgium.

Rizzoli also refereed the 2010 Europa League final between Atletico Madrid and Fulham, and the 2013 Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

On Sunday he will be assisted by compatriots Renato Faverani and Andrea Stefani, while Ecuadorian Carlos Vera will be the fourth official.

He will become the third Italian referee to officiate a final, after Sergio Gonella in 1978 and Pierluigi Collina in 2002.

al-Sagar
July 11, 2014, 11:52 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9601440.ece/alternates/w620/Nicola-Rizzoli.jpg

Nicola Rizzoli during the ARG vs BEL game

al-Sagar
July 11, 2014, 11:55 PM
http://worldcup.ekantipur.com/uploads/1354464182_Untitled-1.jpg

During the SPAiN vs NETHERLAND

al-Sagar
July 12, 2014, 12:05 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j3us9CkJQas/T-yQAp2q2cI/AAAAAAAAFUY/4RqTshnsaP4/s1600/6.jpg

LinesMan : Renato Fevarini

al-Sagar
July 12, 2014, 12:10 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HLXkIc3-pDs/T-CmmdA5xkI/AAAAAAAAFAg/6iQpcf9je0A/s320/6.jpg

Andea Stefani

Rifat
July 12, 2014, 02:04 AM
another classical episode of David vs. Goliath. I am supporting Argentina. Though, Germany would be very tough to defend i dunno how Spain did it four years ago

iDumb
July 12, 2014, 02:27 AM
i dunno how Spain did it four years ago

by one goal and deservingly the champion , the team to knock out Germany. I reckon Germany 2010 team was better than the current 2014 one.

Also Mueller didn't play the game against Spain.. so a weakened German side.. :P

Alien
July 13, 2014, 01:28 AM
Bangladesh farmer lifetime Germany fan club member

Not only the Charge d'Affaires of the German Embassy went to see it, but Hossain also got a lifetime membership of the official fan club of Philipp Lahm's team.

German Charge d'Affaires Ferdinand von Weyhe went to Magura on Saturday to see the flag made by the peasant.

Weyhe announced to award Hossain a lifetime membership of the fan club. He was also given a football and a flag of the German national team.

Hossain says that he didn't make the 3.5 km long flag keeping in mind anything but to express his love for his favourite football team.

While speaking to reporters on Saturday, he said that the next time he would make an even longer flag and that he would invite a thousand people to his home for a feast if the Germans clinch the World Cup this time.

Hossain, who hails from Ghoramara village, sold a 50 decimal land to raise the money to create the flag, which cost him Tk 150,000.

He had employed three tailors, who were paid over Tk 40,000, to sew together the over three-kilometre long flag.

Hossain, 65, is not a fan of Germany for no reason. He claimed that, in 1987, he was afflicted by an incurable disease that failed all treatment. Then a medicine from Germany gave him back his life.

Since then, Amzad has been a diehard fan of Germany.

The flag was brought to Magura district town on Saturday on the occasion of the German official's visit.

It was displayed at the stadium where Weyhe and his colleagues along with hundreds of locals came to see it.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/07/12/bangladesh-farmer-lifetime-germany-fan-club-member

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:10 AM
12 hours left

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 08:25 AM
TEAM NEWS

Germany centre-back Mats Hummels missed the second half against Brazil as a precaution because of tendonitis, but is expected to be available.

The Germans could name the same side which thrashed the hosts 7-1.

Argentina's Angel Di Maria has returned to light training after a thigh injury, but is unlikely to be fit to start.

Striker Sergio Aguero is fully recovered from a similar problem and could replace either Ezequiel Lavezzi or Gonzalo Higuain.

Argentina fielded Higuain, Aguero and Lionel Messi as part of a front three earlier on in the tournament.

However, they may be reluctant to pick such an attacking line-up against the in-form Germans.

Left-back Marcos Rojo failed to complete a training session on Friday because of a sore ankle but the problem is not thought to be serious.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 08:26 AM
MATCH PREVIEW

After 32 days of vintage World Cup action, the stage is set on Sunday for a dramatic final act.

Will it be Germany's all-star cast taking the curtain call at the Maracana? Can leading man Thomas Muller become the first player to win back-to-back Golden Boots? Or will Lionel Messi steal the show and inspire Argentina to a third World Cup triumph?

Muller is Germany's leading scorer with five goals at this tournament, but Joachim Low's men are anything but a one-man band.

A further seven Germans have also scored, and the likes of Miroslav Klose, Toni Kroos, Mesut Ozil and Andre Schurrle could just as easily prove Maracana match-winners.

Argentina arrived in Brazil with, by common consent, the most potent forward line in world football.

But so far - Messi aside - their attacking players have failed to justify their "Fantastic Four" tag.

Fitness problems have made it tough for Sergio Aguero to shine, while Gonzalo Higuain and Angel Di Maria have managed just one goal apiece.

Di Maria has nonetheless been nominated by Fifa's Technical Study Group as a contender for the Golden Ball.

But it remains to be seen whether his recovery from a thigh injury has been swift enough for him to make an impact in the final.

But while Argentina's attack has disappointed, their defence - pinpointed as a potential Achilles' heel before the tournament - has stood firm.

Goalkeeper Sergio Romero spent almost all of the 2013-14 season on the bench with Monaco, but has kept a tournament-high four clean sheets in Brazil.

And the 27-year-old believes it is Argentina's battling spirit which will be crucial against Germany.

"We will remember what the champions of 1978 and 1986 achieved but we will also try to achieve glory by the fight and heart of this team," he said.

"Maybe for many people it is not the dream final, because they wanted us to play Brazil, but it will be a fantastic game," he added.

German fans at the Maracana will be hugely outnumbered by their Argentine counterparts, but they could enjoy support from many Brazilians.

The locals' attempts to get over defeat to Germany have not been helped by the presence of approximately 100,000 Argentina fans in Rio - many raucously asking Brazilians "how it feels" to concede seven times via a popular terrace song.

So while Argentina represent the last obstacle to a European side winning a World Cup in the Americas for the first time, don't expect too much continental solidarity from Brazilians on Sunday.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 08:28 AM
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

•This is the third World Cup final between Argentina and Germany (including West Germany). Argentina won the first 3-2 in 1986 but were defeated 1-0 at the 1990 tournament.
•Victory in 1986 is Argentina's only previous World Cup win in six matches against the Germans, and they were eliminated by them at both the 2006 and 2010 tournaments.
•Their overall World Cup record against Germany or West Germany is W1, D2, L3, although one of those draws was a quarter-final in 2006 which the Germans then won on penalties.
•Argentina's 4-0 defeat to Germany in the quarter-finals of the 2010 World Cup is their heaviest defeat at the tournament since 1974.
•The most recent meeting was a friendly in Frankfurt in August 2012 which Argentina won 3-1.

Germany

•This will be the eight time Germany or West Germany have appeared in a World Cup final - a new record. They have won three and lost four of the previous seven finals.
•A fourth victory would see them match Italy's tally - only five-time champions Brazil have a better record.
•A win would mean they become the first European side to win the World Cup in the Americas.
•The Germans have lost more finals (four) than anyone else. That includes three defeats in their last four final appearances.
•Germany are unbeaten in their last 17 internationals (W12, D5). Their last defeat was a 4-3 loss to the USA in a friendly in June 2013.
•In Thomas Muller's 12 World Cup appearances he has scored 10 goals and assisted six more.

Argentina

•La Albiceleste have kept four clean sheets at this World Cup - a joint-high with Netherlands - and have yet to concede a goal in the knock-out stage.
•Lionel Messi has created 21 chances at the 2014 World Cup, more than any other player.
•Messi has failed to score in his last three games. He has not gone four international matches without a goal since Alejandro Sabella took charge of Argentina in August 2011.
•Argentina were eliminated by Germany at the 2006 and 2010 World Cups. No team has ever been eliminated by the same opponents in the knock-out stage of three successive World Cups.
•Argentina's squad has an average age of just under 29 - if they win they will replace Italy (2006) as the oldest World Cup winners.
•They are the only team who have yet to fall behind at the 2014 World Cup.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 12:47 PM
1hour left

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 12:58 PM
Puyol to present trophy

Former Spain and Barcelona defender Carles Puyol will present the trophy to tonight's winners and has described the act as "an honour."

"I never imagined I'd have the kind of career I've had, living a dream cherished by millions of children and doing what I enjoy most," says the 36-year-old. "Likewise, I never thought that the last act of my sporting career would be presenting the trophy at the World Cup final."

Puyol retired at Barcelona at the end of the season after 18 years and has been appointed assistant to director of football Andoni Zubizarreta.

One World
July 13, 2014, 01:00 PM
Good luck Argentina.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 01:03 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/q71/s480x480/10488188_10152307563491871_3409886252651392107_n.j pg?oh=519da2d04dbf10535bec8c3aaaddcb3f&oe=54516964&__gda__=1414009495_744196b652cfa2875808bc252f1f7f1 9

the jerseys tonite

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 01:12 PM
Team News

Germany v Argentina (20:00 BST)

The teams are in - and both teams are unchanged from their semi-final wins over Brazil and the Netherlands.

Germany: Neuer, Howedes, Hummels, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Klose, Muller, Lahm (c), Kroos, Boateng

Argentina: Romero, Garay, Zabaleta, Biglia, Perez, Higuain, Messi (c), Mascherano, Demichelis, Rojo, Lavezzi

Rifat
July 13, 2014, 01:16 PM
I just want to see a good soccer match. top quality soccer.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 01:21 PM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/media/images/76237000/jpg/_76237538_27419925-8743-4938-a915-4935b5026a9b.jpg

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 01:51 PM
players ready in the tunnel, Germany looks ovr confident .... argentina looks resolute

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 01:58 PM
sami khedira replaced lately by Cristoph khramer

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:04 PM
kick off

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:10 PM
good ball in by Zabaleta ... ... no one there to catch

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:11 PM
Argentina has started the game well

Nasif
July 13, 2014, 02:11 PM
Few good attacks from arg. Looking sharp.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:12 PM
13 mins gone

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:14 PM
FK for German

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:17 PM
Kramer got a good shouldering there

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:20 PM
what a poor miss by higuain ........................

Nasif
July 13, 2014, 02:21 PM
That should have been a goal!

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:21 PM
What a miss from Higuain! Feni Soccer should sign him immediately.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:22 PM
First German defensive error with a gimme and first Argentine refusal.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:26 PM
The Argentine defense has held itself reasonably well so far.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:28 PM
Offside but what a play! Lahm makes it all happen on the right side, and Kroos on the left.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:29 PM
Germany have started to regain domination ..... is argentina's early blitz over ...... shocked by that higuain miss ???

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:30 PM
Higuain is offside. Goal disallowed.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:31 PM
higuain scores this time but OFFSIDE .........

Kramer off Schurrle on ....

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:36 PM
Labhejji is playing well today .... some insppring runs he has made

shaad
July 13, 2014, 02:37 PM
Germans beginning to provide space now to the Argentinian offense.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:37 PM
Beautiful German attack forces a good save from the Arzentine golki.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:38 PM
7 mins to half time .... no goals

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:40 PM
another Run by messi ....................... he is lively today

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:41 PM
What a run from Messi! Arektu hoile dhukay disilo.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:42 PM
important clearance by Zabaleta ..... schurrle was lurking behind

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 02:44 PM
Another gorgeous attack by the Germans. Joga Bonito is alive and well at the Maracana.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:44 PM
good cross ....... klose not close enough

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:47 PM
off the post ....... and offside when rebound fell to mullerr

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 02:48 PM
Exciting first half. Waiting for an explosive second. Fair result so far.

iDumb
July 13, 2014, 02:49 PM
best game ever...

argentina playing really well....

anybodys game...

go germany!!!! need better finish this is final..u found ur match finally...

shaad
July 13, 2014, 02:50 PM
One of the more enjoyable WC finals in recent years.

One World
July 13, 2014, 02:51 PM
Lucky Argentina!

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:03 PM
players coming back

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:04 PM
Useless Lavezzi is taken off.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:05 PM
Higuain: offside again. Missed the target anyway.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:05 PM
labhejji of Kun A-GU on ... strange ..... lavejji was quaite sharp in 1st half ..... injury concerncs or strategive masterstroke by Sabella

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:07 PM
Messi misses and makes a mess of it.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:07 PM
oh .... messi ... you should score this one

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:08 PM
Garay has been solid.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:21 PM
good cross ....... klose not close enough

But he is getting closer and closer. Loved the way he won that ball.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:28 PM
Interesting idea from Higuain easily deciphered and dealt with by this magnificently poised German defense.

Rifat
July 13, 2014, 03:29 PM
love the german goalkeeper :) very alert so far.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:29 PM
70 mins gone 0-0 ..... plantik hobe naki

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:39 PM
10 mins ..... are we heading for ET and TB ???

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:39 PM
The way the Germans penetrate the box is pure Joga Bonito.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:41 PM
another fluid attack by kroos did not shoot well...... under no pressure should have at least hit the tarrget

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:43 PM
Ghor Jamai slipped. Unimpressive so far in the tournament.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:45 PM
Perez out Gago in.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:45 PM
perez off ... Gago on ................last sub by Argentina

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:46 PM
two great tackle .... denies argenitna shouting chance

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:47 PM
Klose comes off. The greatest World Cup finisher in history.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:47 PM
that's the last time we have seen klose in WC's I feel ...... Mario goetze on

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:49 PM
last minute, then ET

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:50 PM
Weak shot from MG.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:51 PM
3 mins of injury time ...

Nasif
July 13, 2014, 03:51 PM
I hope this doesn't get to penalty shoot out.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 03:52 PM
0-0 .... final whistle ... extra time

iDumb
July 13, 2014, 03:54 PM
I hope this doesn't get to penalty shoot out.

y not? supporting argentina? you suck! or u dont like penalty shootout overall?

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:56 PM
BS7 is pep-talking his team.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 03:59 PM
Higuain-like miss by the Germans in ET :facepalm:

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:01 PM
into the extra times ....

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:01 PM
Another wasted attempt by Ghor Jamai.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:03 PM
edike seheri er time hoye gese

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:04 PM
TB shuru er aage seheri ta maire asi

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:05 PM
palacio ...... as he did in the semis ......

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:06 PM
Palacio misses. Feni Soccer time.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:10 PM
BS7 is hurt. Bad news for Germany.

Rifat
July 13, 2014, 04:12 PM
semi khedira should be in for germany

Rifat
July 13, 2014, 04:16 PM
Argentinian Defense have been very very impressive. no room, no mistakes so far.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:19 PM
BS7 wins an FK. The Germans will score from this set play.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:20 PM
BS7 wins another FK.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:21 PM
Ghor Jamai khamchi marlo.

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:25 PM
MG wins it for the Germans!

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:26 PM
It's all up to Messi now.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:27 PM
Mario gotze ......

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:30 PM
2 mins for argentina

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:31 PM
last minute

simon
July 13, 2014, 04:31 PM
Messi'r jonno koshto hocchey

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:34 PM
injury time FK to arg ....messi, now or never

Sohel
July 13, 2014, 04:35 PM
Lionel Messi: field goal for 3.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:37 PM
messi's free kick summed up his day

Rifat
July 13, 2014, 04:38 PM
Congrats Germany. fully deserved :clap: :clap:

simon
July 13, 2014, 04:41 PM
congratulations to Germany
bolchilam na iurup ei cup ashbey

shaad
July 13, 2014, 04:54 PM
Congratulations, Germany! A very well deserved WC triumph.

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:56 PM
Manuel Neuer wins the golden glove award

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 04:57 PM
Lionel messi ..... surprisingly to me wins the golden ball

al-Sagar
July 13, 2014, 05:07 PM
Like Lothar Matthaus, Franz Beckenbauer and Fritz Walter before him, Lahm lifts the World Cup trophy for Germany...

BengaliPagol
July 13, 2014, 08:35 PM
http://forums.bigsoccer.com/attachments/uploadfromtaptalk1405292368006-jpg.32831/

Dilscoop
July 14, 2014, 01:05 AM
I'm sorry but Messi is highly overrated. He had all the chances in the world to put the game away. As a so called one of the best players, if not the best, it should've happened with EASE. Usually good players sometimes lack supporting cast, not him (except Aguero! WTF was he doing). He had a great defense. The defense played hearts out for 110 min! He couldn't get them a breakthrough. And not only that, when the stage was set. The best player in world's biggest moment, he couldn't even hit the target. In the end you won that MVP award undeservedly.

Germany is one classy team. They even gave ARG a guard of honor.

Also I find it odd that losing team has to stick around to watch all the celebration! That's just not right. Only in soccer. See you in 4 years.

Jadukor
July 14, 2014, 01:15 AM
Golden Ball should have gone to Muller or Robben. Those players played much better throughout the tournament.

I feel bad for Messi though. He never said he is the greatest or drew comparison to Maradona. He is quite down to earth unlike Ronaldo. I think the press hypes him way too much and puts even more pressure on him than he already could stomach. he was throwing up on the pitch once again. At the end of the day he is one player up against one of the greatest teams. He did not get the support or the passes from the midfield to have more impact. He needed Di Maria and Gago with him because Aguero was utterly useless in every aspect.

Banglatiger84
July 14, 2014, 01:18 AM
Neuer should have seen red either for his attempt to knock out Higuain or for handling outside the box and yet somehow got a foul in his favor.
For that matter, Aguero could also have seen red

Rifat
July 14, 2014, 01:29 AM
Andy Gray says it best: "It's not how many chances you create, it's how many chances you take".

Argentina missed out today...Messy, that guy from the bench missed a few chances to take it to the net.

Rifat
July 14, 2014, 01:31 AM
I'm sorry but Messi is highly overrated. He had all the chances in the world to put the game away. As a so called one of the best players, if not the best, it should've happened with EASE. Usually good players sometimes lack supporting cast, not him (except Aguero! WTF was he doing). He had a great defense. The defense played hearts out for 110 min! He couldn't get them a breakthrough. And not only that, when the stage was set. The best player in world's biggest moment, he couldn't even hit the target. In the end you won that MVP award undeservedly.

Also I find it odd that losing team has to stick around to watch all the celebration! That's just not right. Only in soccer. See you in 4 years.

Messi had a good tournament until the quarter finals. The Argentine Defense pretty much carried themselves to the final and until the 2nd leg of extra time to the final.

Dilscoop
July 14, 2014, 01:33 AM
Golden Ball should have gone to Muller or Robben. Those players played much better throughout the tournament.

I feel bad for Messi though. He never said he is the greatest or drew comparison to Maradona. He is quite down to earth unlike Ronaldo. I think the press hypes him way too much and puts even more pressure on him than he already could stomach. he was throwing up on the pitch once again. At the end of the day he is one player up against one of the greatest teams. He did not get the support or the passes from the midfield to have more impact. He needed Di Maria and Gago with him because Aguero was utterly useless in every aspect.
True. That's why he's more likable and easy to root for unlike Ronaldo who's a far better player with far worse team. But that still doesn't mean he isn't overrated. He's overrated by the fans, media. I guess he's just not a clutch player. He's just like Peyton Manning, Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle etc. No shows in big games.

As a new viewer, after hearing all that, I was disappointed by his performance.

NoName
July 14, 2014, 02:00 AM
Messi played for a team that, sadly, knew how to only defend, the other players were absolutely useless when it came to attacking and it was because of Messi alone they even made it past the group stages but once they hit the knockout rounds and went up against superior teams it was too much of a load for him to carry. Maybe if Di Maria was still there, the man who creates the chances and plays in RM, things could have gone differently for them. Messi is by no means overrated, just look to career with FC Barcelona and you'll see some stellar performances by him, he gained his reputation play there not for Argentina (he has a terrible record when playing int'ls oddly).

Higuain and the other dude absolutely blew it when they had one on one chance against Nuer.

Rifat
July 14, 2014, 02:00 AM
I think Khedira chose to fast today, maybe that's why the coach didn't play him #whoknows

NoName
July 14, 2014, 02:07 AM
^ He injured his calf during practice

al-Sagar
July 14, 2014, 02:19 AM

I agree 100% with you

Jadukor
July 14, 2014, 03:36 AM
True. That's why he's more likable and easy to root for unlike Ronaldo who's a far better player with far worse team. But that still doesn't mean he isn't overrated. He's overrated by the fans, media. I guess he's just not a clutch player. He's just like Peyton Manning, Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle etc. No shows in big games.

As a new viewer, after hearing all that, I was disappointed by his performance.

Let us not forget that the Argentina team is quite ordinary in its quality and depth of players. Without Messi, Argentina would have drawn with Bosnia and Iran and lost to Nigeria. The game against Switzerland would also have gone to penalties. So at the end of the day unless you are Maradona you can't simply do it just by yourself. He gets credit for dragging his team out of the group stage and into the final.

Also Messi is at his fluent best with an attacking 4-3-3 combination and he needs to be given the ball from the back to be able to make his runs. Ever since Sabella chose a defensive formation he hardly got any passes. Gago and Di Maria were the ones working with him and getting an understanding going but then Gago was benched and Di Maria got injured. Whatever little chances he got.. mostly due to the close marking by opposition, he was always a threat. If he wasn't a great player, the opposition would not plan for him separately like each and every team did in this tournament. He is no Maradona and he never claimed to be but he is the best ARG produced in a long time and when he gets going he is a treat to watch.

reverse_swing
July 14, 2014, 04:58 AM
Neuer should have seen red either for his attempt to knock out Higuain

We need to change one of the basic rules of football then. Neuer made a clean connection first and his follow-through was natural. You are not supposed to directly challenge a goalkeeper if he is going to be the first one to the ball. That's not a foul on anyone, just an unlucky incident. It could be a straightforward red card if Neuer touched Higuain first.

BengaliPagol
July 14, 2014, 05:06 AM
If Messi put that chance away, we would be having a totally different conversation right now. That moment would have placed him side by side with Maradona in terms of status. But he ****ed it up. Messi is clearly a class player, one of the best in the world right now but lets be realistic here, he had a more than decent team to work with. Yea sure maybe Di Maria would have allowed him to play better and also Higuain was playing poorly but he had Lavezzi and Mascherano playing alongside him and his team's defence is good. The problem is that the flaws that he has in his game are huge ones. Constantly drifting in and out of games. That is why some games you see him playing well and other games when the opposition have a lot of the possession than he barely touches the ball throughout the whole game. If you compare this aspect on his game to Ronaldo then Ronaldo smashes him big time. Ronaldo in those situations is the first one to be sprinting down when the counterattack is on. Messi is strolling around the field expecting the ball to come to him. The day you start seeing Messi working hard for the team is the day when you can say Messi is greater than Maradona.

reverse_swing
July 14, 2014, 05:23 AM
If Messi put that chance away, we would be having a totally different conversation right now. That moment would have placed him side by side with Maradona in terms of status. But he ****ed it up. Messi is clearly a class player, one of the best in the world right now but lets be realistic here, he had a more than decent team to work with. Yea sure maybe Di Maria would have allowed him to play better and also Higuain was playing poorly but he had Lavezzi and Mascherano playing alongside him and his team's defence is good. The problem is that the flaws that he has in his game are huge ones. Constantly drifting in and out of games. Not running the miles. Not doing the hard yards. That is why some games you see him playing well and other games when the opposition have a lot of the possession than he barely touches the ball throughout the whole game. He just isn't agile enough. If you compare this aspect on his game to Ronaldo then Ronaldo smashes him big time. Ronaldo in those situations is the first one to be sprinting down when the counterattack is on. Messi is strolling around the field expecting the ball to come to him.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/distance.html

cluster11
July 14, 2014, 09:40 AM
I felt Argentina did better than expected in the final. In fact, they played good enough that Germany didn't look as threatening during most of the match. It's true Lavezzi was causing all sorts of problems for Germany in the first half but the Argentinean coach (Sabella) went for more attack in 2nd half exactly due to those opportunities and that was a turning point. Once Lavezzi was replaced with Aguero it seemed Messi had to do more work and the German back and midfield learned from the first half to stop Argentina's attacks effectively. Toward the end of regulation time you can see Germany attacking more and more and Argentina just defending well. It seemed that Germany can just wear down Argentina and eventually win. But in extra time there was a reverse of trend when Argentina nearly scored and Schwensteiger was injured. That's why Goetze's goal is so spectacular. Just when you think Argentina is nearing the end of extra time and is guarding well against Lahm-Schwensteiger-Muller offensive, here come Schurrer down the wing and gives a cross that was scored with a 1-touch shot. It was a spectacular goal in itself, but also showed how deep German offense goes and how they are a "total" team (reminds of 2002 Brazil team).

Truth is nobody knew how things wiould turn out in the end. The World Cup final is different from the rest. Germany's super offense didn't work that well against Argentina. And Sabella's offensive bunch could not score despite getting the better chances. I can't blame Messi and I felt he deserved the best player award. Robben was great but he didn't perform that well either when faced with strong defense like Costa Rica and Argentina. Mueller was not effective in the final. But Messi and the Argentine defense together carried them all the way to the finals.

iDumb
July 14, 2014, 11:51 AM
This last page discussion, EVERY SINGLE point made by different posters, were also made by me with the person i was watching the game with. It's freaky.

Couldn't agree with more.... with all of the above staring reverse swing explanation of what constitute a real foul..LOL

Only disagreement: I don't think Messi deserves it.. my personal opinion.

reverse_swing
July 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
Couldn't agree with more.... with all of the above staring reverse swing explanation of what constitute a real foul..LOL

According to Law 12 of Football, the following conditions must be met for an offence to be considered a foul:
• it must be committed by a player
• it must occur on the field of play
• it must occur while the ball is in play
These are the basic requirements. The 10 offences that constitute a foul are listed in Law 12. You can go and read them. In this case, Neuer made a clean connection first and the ball was not in play during the collision! Neuer technically won the ball but what followed was incidental contact.It was quite reckless, but not a foul to me.

NoName
July 14, 2014, 01:31 PM
ANy of the German players should have gotten the Golden Ball Award, if there was any Argentinian that deserved it, should have been Mascerano instead of Messi. Even Messi was reluctant to go receive that award :lol:

al-Sagar
July 14, 2014, 10:05 PM
the debate of Messi and the Golden Ball will never end ... ... ...

even i get confused ... ...

BengaliPagol
July 15, 2014, 05:04 AM
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/distance.html
He played 2-3 games more than most players. Obviously he would have covered more kms than quite a number of players. But even that he still ranked poorly. He is ranked the lowest out of all players who have played at least 7 games. It just reiterates my point even further. Messi played 145mins of football more than RVP but RVP has covered almost the same distance as Messi... Now lets compare with his own team mates. Messi has played 122 minutes of football more than Higuain but Higuain has still covered 1km more than Messi... So that pretty much tells you the whole picture about Messi.

iDumb
July 15, 2014, 05:17 AM
He played 2-3 games more than most players. Obviously he would have covered more kms than quite a number of players. But even that he isn't even ranked that well. He is ranked the lowest out of all players who have played at least 7 games. It just reiterates my point even further. Messi played 145mins of football more than RVP but RVP has covered just 400m less than Messi... So that pretty much tells you the whole picture about Messi.

Bengalipagol, I think he was agreeing with you with that link. LOL.

I agree.... I saw him walking around on the field while watching the final and made the similar comment as you... and compared him with meuller who was grinding it out...

and the chart has speaketh....

BengaliPagol
July 15, 2014, 05:23 AM
Bengalipagol, I think he was agreeing with you with that link. LOL.

I couldn't tell bro. LOL