PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: 1st Test - West Indies vs Bangladesh @ Kingstown, WI; September 5-9, 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kalpurush
September 2, 2014, 02:30 AM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/8a74b323-3e1f-4c3b-a350-0708d4b5a631_zps81a5bc85.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/obayedh/media/8a74b323-3e1f-4c3b-a350-0708d4b5a631_zps81a5bc85.jpg.html)

Vua
September 2, 2014, 02:41 AM
Well, Gazi is being replaced with Elias Sunny!
WHY??? Wrong Sunny dammit. Arafat Sunny is wayy better

kalpurush
September 2, 2014, 02:46 AM
^^^ for some reason, BCB does not like Arafat Sunny I guess!?
You are right, Arafat should be in WI now...

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 02:51 AM
saqlain sajib should of got the call up, otherwise should of tried a leggy.

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 02:54 AM
taijul needs to play, we really need to see what he's got, nothing to lose really otherwise we're playing elias sunny as the main spinner or if he's overlooked then riyad is the frontline spinner (which atm is quite possibly a better choice than elias).

Jadukor
September 2, 2014, 04:04 AM
We have no chance of getting 10 wickets unless its a turning track. Batting well and earning a draw is our best chance.

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 04:52 AM
We have no chance of getting 10 wickets unless its a turning track. Batting well and earning a draw is our best chance.

yes we need a couple of tons this match, agree we need to aim to bat well. unlikely to take 20 wickets but at least if you bat well a draw is always on the cards plus if a bowler unexpectedly has a great match then the win becomes possible.

cricbook
September 2, 2014, 08:38 AM
I belive after practice match, tamim & nasir will be able to find way to bat well.... They due badly to bat well. Also i expect some better score form the top orders.... Hope we do fight well. Go bd.

al Furqaan
September 2, 2014, 09:30 AM
Mominul didn't bat in the 2nd innings of the practice match. I hope mushy isn't leaving him out of the xi...

al Furqaan
September 2, 2014, 09:33 AM
Mods please correct the venue in thread title, its at Kingstown, St Vincent...not Sabina Park, Kingston Jamaica

Razi
September 2, 2014, 11:15 AM
Mominul didn't bat in the 2nd innings of the practice match. I hope mushy isn't leaving him out of the xi...

I've seen Mominul bat in the 2nd innings live on the stream, no idea why he's not on the scorecard.

DMan
September 2, 2014, 11:24 AM
I think that St. Vincent ground has a small boundary similar to the ODI's, expect alot more 6's !!!

SS
September 2, 2014, 12:03 PM
I think that St. Vincent ground has a small boundary similar to the ODI's, expect alot more 6's !!!

Another world record ahead of us..WI will score 700 and most sixes in a test then...I am not sure how Sunny got called ..I was just wondering what reasoning or justification they use in selection process..never imagined that musical chair will be implemented in professional system beyond entertainment purpose.

Rinathq
September 2, 2014, 12:16 PM
Elias Sunny had a good debut against West Indies.... I agree he is not in form but still is a much better choice than Raj or even Gazi who apart from those breakthroughs, looks Non threatening for the most part.

jeesh
September 2, 2014, 12:26 PM
Well Faruk Ahmed is hoping Elias Sunny performs otherwise this wont look good on his performance evaluations!

Hope the boys take inspiration from their 2004 tour and stretch for a draw. Bowling out the Windies wont be easy. Tigers will be tested by both pace and spin.

Why do i sense both Shamsur and Imrul again.

reyme
September 2, 2014, 12:42 PM
Not sure what happened to Mosharraf Rubel and Enamul Haq Junior...
Saqlain Sajib was doing really well, so was Arafat sunny.
I think Elias Sunny got lucky here, hope he makes Faruk proud...

I wish the selectors got paid based on the players performance...

Eshen
September 2, 2014, 12:56 PM
Elias Sunny was not even in the A-team training camp, suddenly now he is in the national team middle of an overseas tour! How long will we have to put up with this sort of irrational behavior from Faruk?!

DMan
September 2, 2014, 01:06 PM
You guys should keep your eyes on Taylor. His bowling has improve tremendously after having been away from the WI team for a long period. He has the pace and swing to rip through any batting lineup.

godzilla
September 2, 2014, 01:08 PM
When a player himself says "Surprised by the call up" you already know something is not right. You don't get surprised to get call ups if you had been performing. This already tells us that he has been in a SH*T form with the ball ... bummer.

Just let shakib play damet!

kalpurush
September 2, 2014, 01:57 PM
Mods please correct the venue in thread title, its at Kingstown, St Vincent...not Sabina Park, Kingston Jamaica

Corrected. Much thanks :)

cricket_pagol
September 2, 2014, 02:25 PM
The team selection is just messed up. The treatment that mominul is getting, is just unbelievable :(

Tiger444
September 2, 2014, 03:15 PM
I saw that team management is thinking about not playing Mominul in the 1st Test. If this happens, it'd be the most ridiculous decision. He better not get dropped

NoName
September 2, 2014, 03:39 PM
lol Elias playing because of his dream debut against WI, and obviously BCB thinking he will destroy the Windies again....oh BCB :lol:

al Furqaan
September 2, 2014, 03:55 PM
So what will the XI look like?

Tamim
Shamsur
Imrul
Mominul
Hom
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Robiul
Taijul
Robiul

Is my guess.

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 04:54 PM
So what will the XI look like?

Tamim
Shamsur
Imrul
Mominul
Hom
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Robiul
Taijul
Robiul

Is my guess.

probably this i reckon, robiul and rubel the pacers, taijul the spinner (please pick taijul and not sunny), batting order could be different, not sure where they'll bat hom given it's his debut and mushy and nasir just got tons, though i think this order is probably the best order to go with.

roman
September 2, 2014, 05:10 PM
Please don't ignore Al Amin. He is the only one in this bowling unit capable of doing some damage to WI. Rest are just filling up the number s

al Furqaan
September 2, 2014, 05:26 PM
Please don't ignore Al Amin. He is the only one in this bowling unit capable of doing some damage to WI. Rest are just filling up the number s

I meant to say Al Amin. Not sure why Robiul was listed twice. Hope rubel doesn't make the cut for either test. If Mushy leaves Mominul out, I'll be pissed. DS reports they are thinking of dropping Mominul. But razi said he saw him bat in the second innings and Mominul was at his usual place in the first innings. Also if Hom was to debut he'd have batted earlier in the second innings instead of just facing 13 balls. #4 is too high for Riyad so I think Mominuls place is set. Insane to even consider him being dropped but that's what Mushfiq's leadership is: brainlessly illogical.

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 05:47 PM
Hope for al amin but rubels 3 wickets may have got him in the XI unfortunately.

al Furqaan
September 2, 2014, 06:14 PM
Hope for al amin but rubels 3 wickets may have got him in the XI unfortunately.

I think Al Amin is #1 on the depth chart which is why they didn't play him. One hopes that's also why Mominul didn't get a bat. Then again how logical is Mushy and the think tank?

If sunny was picked over Jubair Hossain due to experience, I don't see how a rookie like Hom or even Riyad could supplant Mominul and his 3 tons. Riyad also will most likely be picked as Shakib all round replacememt and bat no higher than 5. #8 would be his ideal spot. Riyad giving you 25 with bat on avg and under 40 with ball is better than Gazi's current output.

Tiger444
September 2, 2014, 08:18 PM
I think Al Amin is in. He had to get the rest since he's played every match on tour while Robiul and Rubel haven't played yet.

Interesting to see what we do. Are we going to play with an 8 man batting lineup? That would mean either Robiul or Rubel would miss out.Or will Hom miss out and we opt to play with 3 pacers. Anamul and Shafiul look pretty much out of the race for a spot in the XI.

ahnaf
September 2, 2014, 10:34 PM
They are thinking to drop mominul? Lol.. Whats else mushy and our team managment want us see?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 11:45 PM
Dropping mominul is insane and I hope al amin is #1 but you never know, I go with robiul, al amin and taijul as the main bowlers then you play your batsmen.

I think only one of imrul/shamsur should play, tamim is back to some decent form now and neither have been impressive lately could even put anamul in for them.

cricketboy
September 2, 2014, 11:46 PM
They are thinking to drop mominul? Lol.. Whats else mushy and our team managment want us see?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Really Mominul has been our most consistent test batsman. They mix up the formats so easily. I would rather play Anamul at no 3 and open with Kayes (my choice) or Shamsur, rather than playing these both of them.

Gowza
September 2, 2014, 11:58 PM
Really Mominul has been our most consistent test batsman. They mix up the formats so easily. I would rather play Anamul at no 3 and open with Kayes (my choice) or Shamsur, rather than playing these both of them.

I agree with this, anamul at 3, probably imrul to open just because having 2 openers who go after probably isn't the best idea, though I prefer shamsur over imrul.

RazabQ
September 3, 2014, 12:49 AM
<pre>
Bowling O M R W Econ
Robiul Islam 12 3 51 0 4.25 (1nb)
Shafiul Islam 15 5 38 0 2.53
Rubel Hossain 25 3 90 3 3.60 (3nb, 2w)
Mahmudullah 19 6 34 1 1.78
Taijul Islam 31 8 109 3 3.51
Shuvagata Hom 17 4 48 3 2.82
Nasir Hossain 3 0 8 0 2.66
Mominul Haque 1 0 1 0 1.00
Shamsur Rahman 1 0 5 0 5.00
</pre>
If you are talking who should be in the squad, bowling wise, I think this is what you go with
1) Al Amin. His ODI form has been good and he's the form player. He hasn't shown that great an average or incisiveness in his 3 tests so far. But they have been in BD pitches. Plus I thin he's gotten better since then.
2) Rubel Hossain. Yes Robiul is the incumbent in many ways but he's been woefully wayward for a while now. Rubel kept it tight and picked up 3 wickets. Plus he can actually keep the batters on the back foot and bowl a little bit of late innings reverse swing.
3) Taijul Islam. Form spinner and has had consecutive good performance on spinning tracks
4) Riyadh. Mamadou doesn't rate as a batsman any more. He had good performance in the last tour and he's been bowling fairly okay of late.
Hom, Nasir and Mominul will pick up the filler overs.

jeesh
September 3, 2014, 02:14 AM
Sometimes our team management might think they are too clever, and pick 3 quicks thinking the surface is better suited for them. But i doubt apart from Al Amin no other quick will give the Windies anything to think about.

I hope we only keep two quicks, and let Mahmudullah play as a bowler. That way at least the tail starts from 9 and not 8.

Sohel
September 3, 2014, 03:44 AM
1. False sense of security: check!

2. Dud-bhat centuries: check!

3. Toothless bowling: check!

4. Mrs. Bogura (rtd.) factor: check!

5. The Shiv factor: check!

Innings defeat looms for our stray cats. But of course I'll watch every ball anyway and hope for the best. Decent individual performances will make it worth my while despite zero probability of our underachieving posers pulling off an SJP.

Jadukor
September 3, 2014, 04:38 AM
Haven't watched a single ball this series which is a first for me since i started following cricket in the 90s. If we earn a draw i will bother tuning in for the second match. Very unlikely to happen though.

Roni_uk
September 3, 2014, 05:49 AM
I am having a BAD feeling about this match.....

WE might win it!!

simon
September 3, 2014, 08:28 AM
No Abul Hasan = No century o_O

Tiger444
September 3, 2014, 08:32 AM
If you are talking who should be in the squad, bowling wise, I think this is what you go with
1) Al Amin. His ODI form has been good and he's the form player. He hasn't shown that great an average or incisiveness in his 3 tests so far. But they have been in BD pitches. Plus I thin he's gotten better since then.
2) Rubel Hossain. Yes Robiul is the incumbent in many ways but he's been woefully wayward for a while now. Rubel kept it tight and picked up 3 wickets. Plus he can actually keep the batters on the back foot and bowl a little bit of late innings reverse swing.
3) Taijul Islam. Form spinner and has had consecutive good performance on spinning tracks
4) Riyadh. Mamadou doesn't rate as a batsman any more. He had good performance in the last tour and he's been bowling fairly okay of late.

Have to agree with this bowling lineup. Robiul bowling only 12 overs makes me think he might be struggling with his fitness. Especially considering how Rubel bowled 25 overs. We have to think about the present form of the bowlers rather than the past and fact is Robiul has been equally as poor as the pacers since his run in Zimbabwe. So form should come in to play and right now Rubel should get the nod.

Holden
September 3, 2014, 08:47 AM
I don't think even Mushy would be stupid enough to consider dropping Mominul. The BCB were pissed that Mominul wasn't used more in the ODI series, imagine their reaction if he was dropped in the Test series considering he has an average of 75, Rahim wouldn't survive!

I think Robiul has to be in the team on all away Tests; his bowling average at home is a whopping 227 and away is a very respectable 30. He is a swing bowler who relies heavily on favourable conditions, if the pitch has something in it for the pacers then he has to be in.

Tigers_eye
September 3, 2014, 09:20 AM
5. The Shiv factor: check!
The only thing that may be keeping the match not to be a 3 day affair. :facepalm:

Tigers_eye
September 3, 2014, 09:22 AM
Haven't watched a single ball this series which is a first for me since i started following cricket in the 90s. If we earn a draw i will bother tuning in for the second match. Very unlikely to happen though.
lol, I know it is about the timing of the matches. Whom are you trying to kid? Diehard (Bruce Willis) fans are always diehard (Bruce Willis) fans. :)

Tiger444
September 3, 2014, 10:31 AM
I don't think even Mushy would be stupid enough to consider dropping Mominul. The BCB were pissed that Mominul wasn't used more in the ODI series, imagine their reaction if he was dropped in the Test series considering he has an average of 75, Rahim wouldn't survive!

I think Robiul has to be in the team on all away Tests; his bowling average at home is a whopping 227 and away is a very respectable 30. He is a swing bowler who relies heavily on favourable conditions, if the pitch has something in it for the pacers then he has to be in.

Do you mean seam? Swing bowling is not affected by the pitch. It's movement through the air. You can use swing bowling in any condition. Also Robiul striked me more of a seam bowler than a swing bowler but that's just my view. I could be wrong.

If we're using 3 pacers then Robiul should be in the XI but if we're opting for 2 then I'd use Rubel and Al-Amin. Again I'm just worried that he bowled just 12 overs. If we want to use 2 pacers, then they have to be fit enough to bowl many overs. Otherwise his pace partner could be overburdened.

SS
September 3, 2014, 11:39 AM
Do you seam? Swing bowling is not affected by the pitch. It's movement through the air. You can use swing bowling in any condition. Also Robiul striked me more of a seam bowler than a swing bowler but that's just my view. I could be wrong.

If we're using 3 pacers then Robiul should be in the XI but if we're opting for 2 then I'd use Rubel and Al-Amin. Again I'm just worried that he bowled just 12 overs. If we want to use 2 pacers, then they have to be fit enough to bowl many overs. Otherwise his pace partner could be overburdened.

Very good point made..last thing is we lose another pacer due to fitness issue..hope proper selection will be made. Any newspaper, media or source update who will be the final eleven?

SS
September 3, 2014, 11:42 AM

As usual always like Razabda's analysis and witty posts...hope our captain and selectors follows it..

Holden
September 3, 2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah I realise I wasn't clear in my statement. I think he is predominately a swing bowler particularly with the new ball. As the ball gets older he then switches to back of a length relying on seam and if conditions allow he may try and get reverse swing.
I think in Zimbabwe he got most of his wickets with the new ball via swing.
What I meant was if there is moisture in the air and overcast conditions then it would aid his swing bowling, and if the pitch was a fast one and had good bounce then that would aid general fast bowling (seam, bouncers etc). I think Robiul struggles in Bangladesh when he struggles to get swing (maybe due to his skill inconsistency, or weather conditions don't help) and when he switches to general pace bowling the pitches are unhelpful as they are generally slow with no bounce. I could be wrong though, I'm certainly not an expert on the subject.

al Furqaan
September 3, 2014, 12:15 PM
In Zimbabwe conditions were ripe for swing. Robiul was moving the ball, new and old. He may have been getting seam movement as well. He was unplayable that series and that's a feat considering how well Zimbabwean batsmen resisted SA's attack recently. Even Keegen Meth was swinging it a mile and a half.

At home, there is very little swing thus Robiul becomes harmless. Even Trent Boult got very little swing and was mostly ineffective.

Rubel took 3-90 against club level bats with the exception of Shiv. Picking him in the test side would be a terrible idea. He doesn't even have consistent pace anymore. I'd rather have Shafiul over him. Heck I'd get Tapash out of retirement before picking the no ball extrordonaire.

Rinathq
September 3, 2014, 02:19 PM
Kingston is pretty decent for the spinners... unless they surface is changed.

To me, the chances of Elias taking a wicket is higher than Rubel or even Robiul and on the upside, Elias will go for less than both Rubel or Robiul combined. I wouldnt have my expectation high on either Taijul or Riyad as one of them is very inexperienced and the other one until recently is used to bowling short spells and is definitely not a key bowler.

My side going in would be,

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mushy
Nasir
Hom
Riyad
Sunny
Taijul
Al Amin
Robiul

Even than, we dont have enough to take 20 wickets but anything less and it will be 5 day long buffet for them. I also believe that adding Shamsur or Imrul as the 8th batsman wont be the difference between getting bundled out for 250 and declaring 500/7. I would keep away Imrul who looks shaky and an early departure always creates an extra pressure for the rest. Same goes for gifting wickets early on the innings! Bring Riyad as late as possible. He is better off in the end. Also let Hom come out late too as he is bound to have nerves. Although with his scoring fluency, if comes out in a comfy situation, will definitely pile up a quick 30-40 with ease

al Furqaan
September 3, 2014, 02:59 PM
I think Taijul and Riyad can do well if its a spinning track. But I think WI won't do that. It will be a bouncy greentop IMO as they have 4 seamers including 3 genuine quicks and the fourth is 6'6" giant.

Moh899
September 3, 2014, 04:29 PM
Shamsur
Imrul
Bijoy
Momin
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Taijul
Sunny
Al amin
Robi

best we can do is this.

RazabQ
September 3, 2014, 05:58 PM
Hah, I dwell on the composition of the bowling "attack" and Hathuri shaheb is also worrying about that the most. Read his CI piece - "limeted" is how he describes it.

Asaad, Shafiul is useless in Tests - he never makes the batsman play. So he can look like he has a good economy rate. We already have plenty of spinners to do the holding job. Our pacers, if they play have to bring some kind of shock value.

RazabQ
September 3, 2014, 06:00 PM
Other than Kensington oval, are there any genuinely quick pitches in the Windies anymore. I saw a lot of the Tests against New Zealand earlier in the year and I recall the pitches when we last toured. Windies pitches are now more spin conducive than anything. That's why Suleimann Benn, all 6'6" of him is a spinner! :) They have some bounce but pacers are mostly effective with the new ball and then with reverse swing.

reyme
September 3, 2014, 06:03 PM
Kingston is pretty decent for the spinners... unless they surface is changed.

To me, the chances of Elias taking a wicket is higher than Rubel or even Robiul and on the upside, Elias will go for less than both Rubel or Robiul combined. I wouldnt have my expectation high on either Taijul or Riyad as one of them is very inexperienced and the other one until recently is used to bowling short spells and is definitely not a key bowler.

My side going in would be,

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mushy
Nasir
Hom
Riyad
Sunny
Taijul
Al Amin
Robiul

Even than, we dont have enough to take 20 wickets but anything less and it will be 5 day long buffet for them. I also believe that adding Shamsur or Imrul as the 8th batsman wont be the difference between getting bundled out for 250 and declaring 500/7. I would keep away Imrul who looks shaky and an early departure always creates an extra pressure for the rest. Same goes for gifting wickets early on the innings! Bring Riyad as late as possible. He is better off in the end. Also let Hom come out late too as he is bound to have nerves. Although with his scoring fluency, if comes out in a comfy situation, will definitely pile up a quick 30-40 with ease

I am thinking along the same way....sunny will be more effective from team perspective than rubel or robiul.
I am concerned as soon as the pacers get hit by couple of boundaries, the captain will immediately remove the slip cordon and the fielders will be chasing the ball all day long. Its not Sunny is better than Rubel/Robiul, I think he will be more effective, and probably the WI batsmen will be less comfortable playing his spin. I don't think 3rd pacers would add much value.

Naimul_Hd
September 3, 2014, 08:40 PM
So, we are in back seat already. '

"Our realistic goal would be to draw the game," Hathurusingha told ESPNcricinfo."If we play well, bat well, we will be in the game. Our bowling stock is limited. We must look to bat deep and bat long, score runs and be in the game."

Really ? This is your GOAL just to be in the game ? I don't care what happens in the field, but when you go and play, you must play for victory.

cricbook
September 3, 2014, 09:54 PM
I am having a BAD feeling about this match.....

WE might win it!!

Lol:) hope it happens... Hope those word u said, is just not a dream pill. Go bd.

Jadukor
September 3, 2014, 09:59 PM
if we score more than 180 i will be happy

Murad
September 3, 2014, 10:01 PM

Really ? This is your GOAL just to be in the game ? I don't care what happens in the field, but when you go and play, you must play for victory.
Team er ja obostha kon mukhe win er kotha bolbe?

cricbook
September 3, 2014, 10:02 PM

Coach & the captain showing their sissy ability to the world. No matter what, u have to belive ur self to do closer match. Thinking negative, wont help our players.... Just blocking the ball wont help musy & co. So i belive, whatever they r saying, it just a game plan they r drawing....???

al Furqaan
September 3, 2014, 10:54 PM
Hah, I dwell on the composition of the bowling "attack" and Hathuri shaheb is also worrying about that the most. Read his CI piece - "limeted" is how he describes it.

Asaad, Shafiul is useless in Tests - he never makes the batsman play. So he can look like he has a good economy rate. We already have plenty of spinners to do the holding job. Our pacers, if they play have to bring some kind of shock value.

Rubel on the most helpful surface: 20-2-90-1 (15 nb)
Shafiul on any wicket: 20-4-55-0

Id take that, we ain't gonna take 20 wickets in the whole series. Might as well tear a page out of Zimbabwe's book and make em leave all day. Windies batsmen, barring Shiv, will get themselves out chasing wides.

Batting for a draw is absolutely the right strategy till we get 3 decent bowlers (Shakib, Taskin, ???, Al Amin maybe?). A draw is a win for us. Losing the series 0-1 still gains us one point and a 0-0 draw gets us 7!

With rain, a series draw is very possible.

reyme
September 4, 2014, 01:10 AM
Hmmm..Mominul might not play?

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটে এ মুহূর্তের সবচেয়ে বড় খবর সম্ভবত এটাই যে, মমিনুল হক পেস বোলিং খেলতে পারেন না। আর পারেন না বলেই কক্সবাজারের এ তরুণকে আপাতত প্র্যাকটিসেই বেশি ব্যস্ত রাখতে চাচ্ছেন কোচ চন্দিকা হাতুরাসিংহে।

http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edition/sports/2014/09/04/124630

jeesh
September 4, 2014, 02:38 AM
Cant fault the captain and coach for targeting a draw. Being more realistic, than negative. And calling the bowling limited is absolutely true, calling spade a spade. Chanderpaul can bat bat for five days against this attack if given the chance.

The real key is whether the batsmen can weather the storm. Not sure whether what their final eleven will be, but seems like they have packed a bowling heavy side. Holder, Roach, Taylor, Gabriel, all could be very sharp. Holder in particular is really one for the future. And once the pace barrage is over, they can choose between Shillingford and Benn. Shillingford can turn the ball more than Riyad and Gazi together. Can extract very good bounce as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPfyaf_6VY

A tad dissapointed with the lack of faith shown in Mominul. These are the things which dent a players confidence. True he has shortcomings against pace, but these are also opportunities for him to rectify. Rather pick him than deadweight like Shamsur and Imrul

Gowza
September 4, 2014, 04:03 AM
who is in the windies test squad? gabriel has gone backwards and should not be picked, jerome taylor for all the skills he had has lost a bit of pace and isn't as lethal these days. roach is the leader of the attack and they should pick holder for his height and bounce and i think it's time for cummins to come into the test team, cummins has enormous potential as does holder and it's time to let them develop into the bowlers they could be rather than hold onto the hope that a 30 year old (taylor) who's done not much in his test career after 30 odd matches will still develop into a world class bowler.

and if mominul doesn't play it will probably be the worst selection blunder that i've seen since i started following BD cricket. he's had a lightening start to his test career, plus he's scored big in WI before even if it was at academy level, he's actually got some experience of scoring runs in WI conditions, not sure how many of the BD batsmen actually have that, he does.

as far as going for a draw well they shouldn't be specifically aiming for a draw, go for the win but the result doesn't need to be the focus at this point, at this point the players should be focusing on the roles they are supposed to play in the match. if the batsmen score big you never know what could happen with the bowlers even if they are limited, but without the runs there is no chance of coming close to 20 wickets, with runs the draw is secure and the win is possible (never know taijul might have an awesome debut or al amin could have his first big outing in tests).

jeesh
September 4, 2014, 04:17 AM
When Duncan Fletcher first took over a struggling England time, one strategy he got his team to adopt was to bat 2 days in their first innings. Nasser Hossain and co batted with extreme caution, occupied the crease with immense concentration. Whether batting first or second, they batted so long that the outcome thereafter was either a win or draw.

Likewise BD needs to play session by session. Look to bat a long time. But the rate at which we ve been having collpases-losing 5-6 wickets for 10-15 runs, this might prove to be tough. @Gowza, Holder and Shillingford real danger men for me. Holder troubled Bangladesh in ODI's as well.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2014, 08:00 AM
Okay Mominul can't play pace. Got it. Who in our team can play pace? Mushi? Riyad? Nasir?

How is Mominul going to gain experience sitting on the sidelines? Plus is he not one of our best fielders? With that kind of resume 3 tons in however many games I don't know which Tendulkar Mr. Haturi is bringing in to replace Mominul? Coach, are you out of your mind?

roman
September 4, 2014, 08:33 AM

I think he knows his limitations and planning accordingly. No need to talk big and look like a fool at the end of the day

Our attack looks horrible indeed. Besides Al Amin, don't see a single bowler who is capable of putting WI under pressure. This bowling attack won't get us 20 wickets. So win is pretty much out of the equation. Bat bat and bat..that should be our objective.

Not happy with Mominul news. I would take him over KaEdge any day. Looks like Mominul has failed to impress Haturi

ahnaf
September 4, 2014, 09:39 AM
Lol.. So now,our coach now also join the circus... Mominul cant play pace? How did he scored those tons? Oh yeah.. Those was gift from our opponents. I was confused whether to watch this test or not.. Not anymore.. Thanks haturi da... Keep enlighting us with new new technical aspects of our batsman..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

mufi_02
September 4, 2014, 09:59 AM
I think in the end they will take Mominul. In Shakib's absence, the batting order is already weak and Mominul is a genuine middle order test batsmen. In fact, the only batsmen that should be an automatic choice, is now having his place questioned. While Kayes and Shamsur is getting free rides.

Mushari (Mushy + Haturi) won't be that stupid. But this drama might have an impact on Mominul's confidence and create pressure.

SS
September 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
I think in the end they will take Mominul. In Shakib's absence, the batting order is already weak and Mominul is a genuine middle order test batsmen. In fact, the only batsmen that should be an automatic choice, is now having his place questioned. While Kayes and Shamsur is getting free rides.

Mushari (Mushy + Haturi) won't be that stupid. But this drama might have an impact on Mominul's confidence and create pressure.

I hope so too at this moment who else is available whether he fails or not he has the temperment of middle order test batsman. I was hoping KaEdge and Kopa will step up but not sure if they are only domestic bully, though unfair to judge by their ODI flop but still they should have been careful after getting called up and should have been more responsible. I am not sure if the opponent already figured out Mominul's weakness probably that's why he struggled but hope coaches are there to help him overcome opponent's plan. I really hope Hom, Nasir and Mullah step up this time to contribute if they are selected. I agree with caoch (though he seemed to be already going for draw!) that without batting we won't be able to play full 5 day. So huge responsibilities on the top and middle order and hope they found out the solutions of their recent bad patch/forms.

Any idea who will be in the final 11?

al Furqaan
September 4, 2014, 11:00 AM
Mominul can't play pace? Didn't he score back to back tons against NZ? If they leave mominul out I want Mushfiqs head on a platter. He's the one calling idiot shots. Hathuri is not retarded. If this happens it would be mushfiq's doing alone to make room for his worthless buddies. Dropping a 75 average batsman. Did that in ZIM too when he was only averaging 50.

Tiger444
September 4, 2014, 11:28 AM
I think Mominul will be taken in the end. Not exactly sure of the lineup but it's pretty certain that Shafiul and Elias will be out. Robiul and Rubel are still fighting for the 2nd pace spot with Al-Amin being confirmed as the 1st pacer. Anamul is still fighting with with Shamsur and Imrul for a top order spot.

Rest of the players are almost certain to be picked.

hoodlum
September 4, 2014, 11:53 AM
The bowling attack looks so weak. If you cant take 20 wickets in a test match you can never win a match. If you dont play to win then you should not play. Afghanistan has better bowling line up than this.

Tiger444
September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
The bowling attack looks so weak. If you cant take 20 wickets in a test match you can never win a match. If you dont play to win then you should not play. Afghanistan has better bowling line up than this.

It's exactly why we're still a target for critics. After all these years we're going in to the mindset to draw Tests and that too against the #8 side in the world. And we'd be lucky to draw 1 match let alone 2. It's almost like a waste hate to say it.

Question is would Afghanistan and Ireland fare better? I admit I used to be in denial that they would do better in Tests but I feel now that they could give a better fight to these teams than us.

boka
September 4, 2014, 12:02 PM
[বাংলা]
কি মুস্কিল খেইল শুরুর আগেই দেহি খেলোয়াড়-দর্শক বেবাকতেরই ব্যপক হাটু কাপা-কাপি শুরু হইয়া গেছে-গা
তাইলে না খেইল্লা ঘরে বইস্সা থাকলেই হয়......

একাদশের মূল বোলার অবশ্যই হওয়া চাই তাইজুল, সানি, মাহমুদুল্লাহ, রবিউল আর আল-আমিন
আর ব্যটার তামিম, শামসুর, মমিনূল, এনামূল, মুশফিক, নাসির

সবচেয়ে বেশী বল করার সুযোগ পাইয়াও সবচেয়ে পঁচা গড়ের (৮১) অধিকারী, ৮১ গড়ের বিশ্ব রেকর্ডওয়ালা রুবেল টেস্টের জন্য না
২০ গড়ের ইমরুলও টেস্টের জন্য না

৭৫ আর ৪৮ গড়ে রান করা দুই সুস্হ খেলোয়াড় মমিনূল ও শামসুরকে দল কোনোভাবেই বাদ দিতে পারে না

আশাকরি এতোটুকু মগজ দলেন কোচ, অধিনায়কের আছে
হেরা দু্ইজন মিল্লাই কইলাম ১১ জনের দলটা করবে

লক্ষ্য হোক ভালো খেলা
কামনা হোক জয় এবং জয় এবং জয়

[/বাংলা]

SS
September 4, 2014, 12:08 PM
Bangladesh (probable): 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Shamsur Rahman/Anamul Haque, 3 Imrul Kayes, 4 Mominul Haque, 5 Mushfiqur Rahim (capt & wk), 6 Nasir Hossain, 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Shuvagoto Hom, 9 Taijul Islam, 10 Rubel Hossain, 11 Al-Amin Hossain

source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-bangladesh-2014/content/story/777973.html

simon
September 4, 2014, 12:23 PM
I personally think drawing a Test match against WI in WI will be almost a victory to us, we play tests after long gaps, it's not easy.
We need to score many runs, or atleast score 320+ in 1st innings to stay in the game.
I'm counting on TI, Mushy,Nasir

simon
September 4, 2014, 12:26 PM
oidike KAlpurush bhai shurutei Taijul ke jinx maira dilo :-P

al Furqaan
September 4, 2014, 12:52 PM
Mushfiq, Tamim, Riyad, Nasir, Taijul, Al Amin are certain.
Shamsur on his 40 odd and Imrul too are probably in.
Anamul is out. Which leaves Hom and Mominul to battle for the #4 spot. A no brained but under Mushfiq any level of retardation is possible.

SMFH.

reyme
September 4, 2014, 01:33 PM
[বাংলা]
কি মুস্কিল খেইল শুরুর আগেই দেহি খেলোয়াড়-দর্শক বেবাকতেরই ব্যপক হাটু কাপা-কাপি শুরু হইয়া গেছে-গা
তাইলে না খেইল্লা ঘরে বইস্সা থাকলেই হয়......

একাদশের মূল বোলার অবশ্যই হওয়া চাই তাইজুল, সানি, মাহমুদুল্লাহ, রবিউল আর আল-আমিন
আর ব্যটার তামিম, শামসুর, মমিনূল, এনামূল, মুশফিক, নাসির

সবচেয়ে বেশী বল করার সুযোগ পাইয়াও সবচেয়ে পঁচা গড়ের (৮১) অধিকারী, ৮১ গড়ের বিশ্ব রেকর্ডওয়ালা রুবেল টেস্টের জন্য না
২০ গড়ের ইমরুলও টেস্টের জন্য না

৭৫ আর ৪৮ গড়ে রান করা দুই সুস্হ খেলোয়াড় মমিনূল ও শামসুরকে দল কোনোভাবেই বাদ দিতে পারে না

আশাকরি এতোটুকু মগজ দলেন কোচ, অধিনায়কের আছে
হেরা দু্ইজন মিল্লাই কইলাম ১১ জনের দলটা করবে

লক্ষ্য হোক ভালো খেলা
কামনা হোক জয় এবং জয় এবং জয়

[/বাংলা]

Magnificent Post!

Equinox
September 4, 2014, 02:08 PM
Please no Rubel. That is all.

DMan
September 4, 2014, 02:26 PM
Tomorrow is the big day, are you guys pumped?

al Furqaan
September 4, 2014, 02:33 PM
Tomorrow is the big day, are you guys pumped?

Always.

We are always prepared to be deflated as well. But I think a 0-1 result would be satisfactory. 0-0 would be fantastic.

kalpurush
September 4, 2014, 04:47 PM
[বাংলা]কিছু একটা করতে চান তাইজুল
তারেক মাহমুদ, সেন্ট ভিনসেন্ট থেকে |

টেস্ট অভিষেকের অপেক্ষায় তাইজুল l ফাইল ছবিসাকিব আল হাসানের বিকল্প তাইজুল ইসলাম। একদিকে ৩৪টি টেস্ট, অন্যদিকে মাত্র ১৯টি প্রথম শ্রেণীর ম্যাচের অভিজ্ঞতা!

তাইজুল নিজেও জানেন তুলনাটা বেমানান এবং এই তুলনা তাঁর জন্য অস্বস্তিকরও। পরশু আর্নস ভেল স্টেডিয়ামে অনুশীলনের শেষ দিকে যখন প্রসঙ্গটা তোলা হলো, তাইজুলের বিনয়, ‘সাকিব ভাই অনেক অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড়। তাঁর সঙ্গে হঠাৎ করে এত বড় তুলনা দেওয়া ঠিক হবে না।’

কিন্তু সাকিব যা পারেন, তিনি তা পারবেন না, এটাও পুরোপুরি মেনে নেওয়ার মানুষ নন তাইজুল। ২২ বছরের স্বল্পভাষী এই তরুণের নিজের ওপর দারুণ আস্থা, ‘আত্মবিশ্বাস আছে আমি পারব। ওনার (সাকিব) মতো করতে না পারলেও হয়তো কাছাকাছি কিছু করতে পারব ইনশাআল্লাহ।’

তাইজুলের ওপর আস্থা রাখাই যায়। অন্তত প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে তাঁর বোলিং সে কথাই বলছে। বাঁহাতি স্পিনার তাইজুলের বড় অস্ত্র বোলিং বৈচিত্র্য। প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে দেখা গেছে তাঁর ঝুলিয়ে দেওয়া বলগুলোয় কত সতর্ক শিবনারায়ণ চন্দরপলের মতো ব্যাটসম্যানও। সে ম্যাচে ৩ উইকেট নিয়ে তাইজুলের আত্মবিশ্বাস বেড়ে গেছে আরও, ‘চন্দরপলকে সেদিন বল করেছি। কিছুটা ধারণা পেয়েছি কীভাবে করলে তার জন্য কঠিন হবে। আসলে প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে বল করে জাতীয় দলে খেলার চাপটা অনেক কমে গেছে।’
এ ক্ষেত্রে জাতীয় দলের অগ্রজ সতীর্থদের কথাও বলতে ভুললেন না তাইজুল, ‘জাতীয় দলে আসার পর প্রথমে একটু অন্য রকম লাগছিল...নার্ভাস ছিলাম। পরে দেখা গেছে দলে যাঁরা বড় ভাই আছেন, সবাই অনেক ভালো। আমাকে মানিয়ে নিতে সাহায্য করেছেন। দেখা যাচ্ছে আমি হয়তো কখনো চুপচাপ থাকছি, ওনারাই তখন আমাকে দিয়ে জোর করিয়ে কথা বলিয়ে নেন। এখন আমি মানিয়ে নিয়েছি। সবার সঙ্গে সহজ সম্পর্ক হয়ে গেছে।’

Read more @ Prothom-Alo http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/310849/%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%81-%E0%A6%8F%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%9A%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%87%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%81%E0%A 6%B2

[/বাংলা]

Gowza
September 4, 2014, 04:59 PM
Mushfiq, Tamim, Riyad, Nasir, Taijul, Al Amin are certain.
Shamsur on his 40 odd and Imrul too are probably in.
Anamul is out. Which leaves Hom and Mominul to battle for the #4 spot. A no brained but under Mushfiq any level of retardation is possible.

SMFH.

i really hope they don't take both imrul and shamsur one at the most please.

Rifat
September 4, 2014, 10:00 PM
Alhamdulillah :) My favorite format of the game after a very long time. There is just something refreshing about test cricket i enjoy a lot more than i enjoy other formats...

Only the Best of the Nest Excel here.

But Then again, Watching Bangladesh **** things up every day really turns you off from cricket anyway. so there goes the excitement :(

Rifat
September 4, 2014, 10:24 PM
Looking at the brighter side of things,

Apart from our ODI/ T20 form this year, if you consider our test results in the past two years, apart from that loss against Zimbabwe, it is fair to say that Alhamdulillah we have improved as a team. although we still have a long way to go but compared to the pre 2010 era, in Test matches we have done significantly better in the last two years or so. We should play test matches more regularly to improve more...

Rifat
September 4, 2014, 10:27 PM
A Test Match Victory against a significantly tougher opposition is still(That killer instinct) is a big problem for Bangladesh. Bangladesh lacks killer instinct as we have seen far too often how we lose from a winning position. Even in Test matches in the recent years, many test matches have been dragged to the fifth day but we failed to finish the job.

cricbook
September 4, 2014, 11:15 PM
I'm having dream feeling .... Taijul took 15 wkt & bd beat wi comfortabale....:)

My squad,
Tamim
Samsur
Anamul
Mominul
Musy
Nasir
Riad
Hom
Taijul
Alamin
Rubel (even though i dont want him, but most probably he will procced.

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 08:37 AM
9. 30 am Bangladesh have won the toss and elect to field

I don't think that's wise...you don't want to bat fourth at Arnos Vale....

NoName
September 5, 2014, 08:39 AM
Taijul, like modt of our spinners, might have a dream debut, especially against WI against whom the others had too.

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 08:41 AM
Any links? Where is nadim?

M.H.Rubel
September 5, 2014, 08:44 AM
9. 30 am Bangladesh have won the toss and elect to field

I don't think that's wise...you don't want to bat fourth at Arnos Vale....

I never like to bat in the 4th innings. Don't know what's the situation there.

SS
September 5, 2014, 08:48 AM
Neg mindshet probably thought that BD batsmen will get out first day if they bat first and it will be tough to save the game as draw till 5 day so they will let WI bat next 2 days and then BD try to bat 3rd + 4th day (in dreams). Probably that was the reasoning..I may be wrong...generally whatever our team envision opposite happens.

M.H.Rubel
September 5, 2014, 08:48 AM
So we are playing with 8 batsman. Shamsur in and Anamul out.

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 08:52 AM
Holder should be playing instead of Kirk....

This is a negative team. We should be playing five bowlers....

Murad
September 5, 2014, 08:53 AM
So Mominul is in. SO many rumors these days.

Anamul out. I think it's a good decision.

Let's hope for the best!!

Holden
September 5, 2014, 08:54 AM
Any links? Where is nadim?

http://embed247.com/live.php?ch=Ten_Cricket

SS
September 5, 2014, 08:54 AM
It's not just me even all other thinks the same from cricinfo:
"Cannot believe Rahim has decided to bowl first after the onus was put on the batsmen by he and the coach," Charbel adds a spot of logic to his disgruntlement. "Surely 1st innings runs on the board was the way to go? Could be a long old day for Bangladesh and their fans..."
"Our greatest captain musfiq! Win the toss and field. Now westindies going to score over 600 runs and Bangladesh loose by an innings typical!" Shake is obviously not amused"

Roni_uk
September 5, 2014, 08:55 AM
I see what Mushfik is doing... playing for a draw. Let WI get 600+ in 2/3 days and we will just sit back and watch!

SS
September 5, 2014, 08:56 AM
As per cricinfo following players are playing:
Bangladesh Team
Tamim Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Imrul Kayes, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Shuvagata Hom, Taijul Islam, Al-Amin Hossain, Rubel Hossain

Holden
September 5, 2014, 08:56 AM
Bangladesh chose to bowl first with only two pacers and one of them is Rubel....brave or stupid..I guess we will find out

SS
September 5, 2014, 08:58 AM
I see what Mushfik is doing... playing for a draw. Let WI get 600+ in 2/3 days and we will just sit back and watch!

yeap agree with you..coach said it earlier..Mushy thinks and follow like him anyways..but what happens in real life is innings defeat.

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 08:58 AM
Rubel picked again. This is turning out to be a really cruel joke.

boka
September 5, 2014, 08:59 AM
[বাংলা]
এক্কেবারে মাখ্খনের লাহান দল হইছে........
এনামূলের মতো প্রতিভাবানকে বাদ দিয়া ২০ গড়ের ইমরুল ভাই
আর রবিউলকে বাদ দিয়া মুশফিকের প্রাণের বন্ধু ৮১ গড়ের রুবেল

আর তিনজন বোলারের দল
নাহ্ কইতেই হয় মগজ সত্যিই বেশ
দারুন চমেতকার দল হইছে
টস্ জিত্তা কি করলো এইটা লইয়া কথা যতো কম কওন যায় ততোই ভালা

কি আর করা এগো পিছনেই এখন গলাফাটাই.. উপায়তো আর নাই আমগো
ইমরুল ভাই রুবেল ভাই দেখাইয়াদেও আমরা প্রতিভা চিনবার পারি নাই ......

[/বাংলা]

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 08:59 AM
Other than Kensington oval, are there any genuinely quick pitches in the Windies anymore. I saw a lot of the Tests against New Zealand earlier in the year and I recall the pitches when we last toured. Windies pitches are now more spin conducive than anything. That's why Suleimann Benn, all 6'6" of him is a spinner! :) They have some bounce but pacers are mostly effective with the new ball and then with reverse swing.

Just Kensington Oval...and you need to have one spinner there, just in case.

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 09:02 AM

It's small, but not as small as Warner Park in St Kitts.

It's my favourite ground...it's right by the sea, and the view to the island of Bequia is the most beautiful sight in the world to me.

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 09:06 AM
who is in the windies test squad? gabriel has gone backwards and should not be picked, jerome taylor for all the skills he had has lost a bit of pace and isn't as lethal these days. roach is the leader of the attack and they should pick holder for his height and bounce and i think it's time for cummins to come into the test team, cummins has enormous potential as does holder and it's time to let them develop into the bowlers they could be rather than hold onto the hope that a 30 year old (taylor) who's done not much in his test career after 30 odd matches will still develop into a world class bowler.

Cummins has a flaw in his bowling action...he doesn't seem to know what to do with left arm on delivery, and that's unbalancing him. He didn't do well for Barbados in this FC season, and needs to go back to the drawing board.

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 09:06 AM
Rubel the no ball king into the attack, and I use the word loosed than a hooker.

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks for letting us bat first,:notworthy: we should make 500+ and only bat once. :up:

Holden
September 5, 2014, 09:07 AM
Cringeworthy moment when rubel's bowling stats came on screen

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:09 AM
we needed gazi to get gayle. #tigerlogic

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:11 AM
we needed gazi to get gayle. #tigerlogic

Any left arm bowler can get Gayle, who do you guys have? :lol:

Sohel
September 5, 2014, 09:11 AM
So, KB's looking at his his second test 100 and CG his third test triple hundred on this pitch facing our alleged bowling and Mrs. Bogura (rtd.) keptinchee. And no Bijoy but Kopa and KaEdge playing means four early and easy wickets for the hosts. I see an innings defeat in 4 days max after Windies accumulate 700-7.

dark mage
September 5, 2014, 09:12 AM
so is Mominul playing? or will they keep him on the bench again?

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 09:13 AM
This is the kind of crap that makes me question why I follow this team. This guy has 26 wickets from 35 innings at an average of 80+. And he has played 20 Test matches. He should retire from all longer-version cricket immediately. Even Khaled Mahmud Shujon bowling at 90 kph had a lower average.

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 09:15 AM
Anyone know where or how to get adobe flash for android?

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:15 AM
This is the kind of crap that makes me question why I follow this team. This guy has 26 wickets from 35 innings at an average of 80+. And he has played 20 Test matches. He should retire from all longer-version cricket immediately. Even Khaled Mahmud Shujon bowling at 90 kph had a lower average.

reverse swing man. rubel with the old ball can reverse swing it and get wickets. #tigerlogic

mij
September 5, 2014, 09:17 AM

Our selectors and captain with brainless a******

mij
September 5, 2014, 09:18 AM
reverse swing man. rubel with the old ball can reverse swing it and get wickets. #tigerlogic

yes right as if he got 100s of them.

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks for letting us bat first,:notworthy: we should make 500+ and only bat once. :up:

A few teams have tried that, only to face a deficit after the 2nd innings. If the wicket is flat here, I say 600-6 Dec. Ramdin is well aware of our ability to pile up big totals esp after fielding for 1.5 days first up.

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 09:21 AM
Third consecutive maiden from Al-Amin. All 13 runs conceded by Rubel in his two overs.

adamnsu
September 5, 2014, 09:22 AM
Mahmadullah this early on???? hmmmmm

NoName
September 5, 2014, 09:22 AM
Is Robiul in the squad? He's better than Rubel at least

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 09:23 AM
I hope we don't end up with Brathwaite and Chanderpaul together at the crease.

adamnsu
September 5, 2014, 09:23 AM
Wadda delivery to start your innings :applause:

NoName
September 5, 2014, 09:24 AM

He's got a hat trick too #tigerlogic

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:25 AM
Gayle is stepping on the gas. Another triple century on the cards?

adamnsu
September 5, 2014, 09:26 AM
Ideal fast bowling conditions

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:27 AM
Gayle is stepping on the gas. Another triple century on the cards?

every debutant spinner gets a fifer for us i.e sunny, gazi. so will taijul. #tigerlogic

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:28 AM
every debutant spinner gets a fifer for us i.e sunny, gazi. so will taijul. #tigerlogic

Every debutant spinner gets a 5 fer against WI. :lol:

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 09:28 AM
21 dot balls to start from Al Amin. Must be a BD record. 22 now.

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:30 AM
I think we could have gambled with Mash. Just let him bowl 10 overs. With his current form, 10 overs from Mash >>> 40 overs from Rubel.

Holden
September 5, 2014, 09:31 AM
West Indies batsmen have already worked out to see off al amin and get easy runs from the bowler at the other end: rubel and riyad....easy game

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 09:32 AM
God knows what the plan is.

mij
September 5, 2014, 09:33 AM
I think we could have gambled with Mash. Just let him bowl 10 overs. With his current form, 10 overs from Mash >>> 40 overs from Rubel.

:up::up::up:

NoName
September 5, 2014, 09:33 AM
Lol bring on Taijul, the rest being treated like its t20 bar Amin

simon
September 5, 2014, 09:36 AM
wow, no runs yet from Al-NH2 , showing his classe

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:38 AM
5 overs and 5 maidens? WOW this guy is a great bowler. Can't wait to see what our pacers are going to do here.

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:38 AM
Every debutant spinner gets a 5 fer against WI. :lol:

man your coconut trees is very similar to the ones in BD. we Bangladeshis call it narikel and make various desserts and sweet dishes. do you guys eat a lot of coconut too?

adamnsu
September 5, 2014, 09:39 AM
Shuvagoto Hom....probably took tips from Mahmadullah 4

simon
Why not picking Taskin, he could have bowled short spells, his pace would have helped a lot.

Goodluck Hom & Taijul

DMan
man your coconut trees is very similar to the ones in BD. we Bangladeshis call it narikel and make various desserts and sweet dishes. do you guys eat a lot of coconut too?

Eat? No we drink coconut.

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 09:40 AM
Al-Amin looks exhausted. He isn't getting much of a break in between overs due to spinners operating from the other end.

Murad
September 5, 2014, 09:40 AM
Shuvagoto abar kobe theke allrounder holo? He hardly bowled in domestic cricket.

Faruk ashle shobai allrounder hoye jai.

simon
September 5, 2014, 09:41 AM
5 overs and 5 maidens? WOW this guy is a great bowler. Can't wait to see what our pacers are going to do here.

they will get maidens with wickets.

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:44 AM
they will get maidens with wickets.

I think Taylor will give you guys the most trouble.

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:45 AM
I think Taylor will give you guys the most trouble.

what happened to Tino Best? His pace and bounce scared our batsmen last time.

simon
September 5, 2014, 09:45 AM
Ryad was a beast in 2009 :lol:

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 09:46 AM
This is a huge waste of time. This attack isn't good enough to get 5 wickets let alone bowl them out. God knows what inspired them to bowl first.

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:47 AM
what happened to Tino Best? His pace and bounce scared our batsmen last time.

He got physically abused by Pollard during the CPL T20 tournament a few weeks ago. He's still mentally healing as well as physically healing his injuries. :floor:

NoName
September 5, 2014, 09:48 AM
Lol seriously?

mij
September 5, 2014, 09:49 AM
Like WI can we say we are plying our 2nd string team this time around, since our top all rounder, number 1 test player ICC ranking is not playing?

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 09:49 AM
AlAmin, Rubel, Riyad, Taijul, Hom

Is this our worst bowling line up in years?

simon
September 5, 2014, 09:50 AM
This is a huge waste of time. This attack isn't good enough to get 5 wickets let alone bowl them out. God knows what inspired them to bowl first.

it's just Mushy being coward to go and bat.
This pitch has nothing for spinners looks like, and Rubel is their to make things worse, WI will easily score 500+

tonoy
September 5, 2014, 09:52 AM
Why would you bowl first with such crappy bowling option? It's like they are doing everything possible to make it hard for themselves.

DMan
September 5, 2014, 09:52 AM
Lol seriously?

Yep, they had a dispute in the hotel where both their teams were staying and Best having some long standing resentment for Pollard hit him with a stick and decided to run off but Pollard caught him and beat him with his own shoe. Best was apparently curled up in a ball in the ground taking the beating, a player who witnessed the incident posted the story online.

tonoy
September 5, 2014, 09:53 AM
Seriously, why would you bowl first knowing that the opposition will make more than 500? Doesn't it make things just harder for yourself?

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 09:53 AM
What a decision by Mushfiq. We better bat big and close the deficit.

BD_TigerZ
September 5, 2014, 09:54 AM
Hahahaha what a bowling line up.

Holden
September 5, 2014, 10:00 AM
Looks like the cricketing Gods have shown mercy and brought on rain to save us from more embarrassmant

Holden
September 5, 2014, 10:03 AM
We need a new Captain, new Selectors and a new Chairman to fix our cricket. Need to break this regime that is killing our cricket, otherwise its just going to be the same drivel over and over again.

NoName
September 5, 2014, 10:04 AM
Yep, they had a dispute in the hotel where both their teams were staying and Best having some long standing resentment for Pollard hit him with a stick and decided to run off but Pollard caught him and beat him with his own shoe. Best was apparently curled up in a ball in the ground taking the beating, a player who witnessed the incident posted the story online.

Haha I would think Tino could take on Pollard, seemed more muscular and all:lol:

Holden
September 5, 2014, 10:05 AM
Looks like I was wrong, rain gone and the torture continues...

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:07 AM
We need a new Captain, new Selectors and a new Chairman to fix our cricket. Need to break this regime that is killing our cricket, otherwise its just going to be the same drivel over and over again.

When Mushy wanted to quit( a rare gesture in Bangla Society) for failure in Zimbabwe, BCB should have accepted it...

Oh I am asking reasonable decision from BCB which runs by Present Government Party picked by clueless leaders from the MPs and connected Dhaka Cricket Club Mafias....

simon
September 5, 2014, 10:09 AM
Rubel is such a pain to watch, but no point blaming him, it's the selectors who keep picking him, as a professional player he has to play.

Lol, Atahar defending Rubel & two 4s :lol:

mij
September 5, 2014, 10:09 AM
Ather ali tring to defend Rubel ? which he is losing

dark mage
September 5, 2014, 10:10 AM
I already said this in another thread. Forget about taking 10 wickets. Think about our previous tests. Shakib was the one who took 5 wickets while the rest of the bowlers chipped in to take the other 5. Before Shakib it was Rafique who took the 5 wickets. Now there's none.

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 10:10 AM
Rubel is the shittiest excuse for a bowler.

Holden
September 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
Haha Akthar Ali Khan tryin to defend Rubel over his bowling average and then Rubel gets whacked for two fours... his timing impeccable

NoName
September 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
Poor Amin is going to be be the designated donkey for they day

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:12 AM
any stream?

mij
September 5, 2014, 10:14 AM
A. Ali with his same comments every test

cricman
September 5, 2014, 10:16 AM
Did this coward elect to Bowl after winning the toss?

Bat Last on a Track that will be heavy spin friendly on Day 4 & 5?

al Furqaan
September 5, 2014, 10:17 AM
Can't wait till Taskin pushes rubel out. Ugly action, unkempt hair, pure crap.

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 10:19 AM
That's out!

mij
September 5, 2014, 10:21 AM
Can't wait till Taskin pushes rubel out. Ugly action, unkempt hair, pure crap.

That idiot can't even take the bails off,

boka
September 5, 2014, 10:21 AM
[বাংলা]
দুইখান বোলার নিয়া পয়লা ব্যাটিং করার পরিকল্পনাটা চমেৎকার
১৩০ বা ১৪০ ওভার বল করার পর ব্যাটিং করতে কেমুন লাগে এইটা তো মুশফিক আর হাতুইরার আমগো খেইক্কা ভালো জানার কথা....

আজিব দল গঠন আরও আজিব টস জিতার পরের কান্ডখানা

[/বাংলা]

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 10:22 AM
Rubel can't even dislodge the bails properly.

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:30 AM
Mushy is good for destroying confidence of any cricketer!

RazabQ
September 5, 2014, 10:32 AM
Seriously pathetic captaincy. If your plan is to draw via batsmen then why are you bowling first on a flat deck? In the Windies, the new ball is the only time for your seamers to have some impact and yet at the first sign of a few boundaries, he brings part-time spinners (Riyadh and Hom) on. Dude, if your fast bowler is being driven off the front foot on a pitch that's doing something for the new ball, that just means the bowler is erring on the side of full! That's a good thing.

We will not get any wickets until Windies gifts us one at the way we are bowling. Not even able to bowl some tight overs in a row.

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:34 AM
Seriously pathetic captaincy. If your plan is to draw via batsmen then why are you bowling first on a flat deck? In the Windies, the new ball is the only time for your seamers to have some impact and yet at the first sign of a few boundaries, he brings part-time spinners (Riyadh and Hom) on. Dude, if your fast bowler is being driven off the front foot on a pitch that's doing something for the new ball, that just means the bowler is erring on the side of full! That's a good thing.

We will not get any wickets until Windies gifts us one at the way we are bowling. Not even able to bowl some tight overs in a row.

Cant agree more... there should be an award for brainless captaincy!

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:36 AM
Our cricketers are busy saving their faces( fair and lovely and sunscreen) then saving a match!

ReZ_1
September 5, 2014, 10:38 AM
Those who are watching this game without a break from the beginning is passing through ultimate patience tester. I salute them :notworthy:

dark mage
September 5, 2014, 10:39 AM

Touche'

meazz1
September 5, 2014, 10:41 AM
This test is over before it went past lunch on day 1.
Well done BD!

BD_TigerZ
September 5, 2014, 10:41 AM
I salute those watching

NoName
September 5, 2014, 10:43 AM
Apparently Rubbish cant catch either

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 10:45 AM
so still no wicket? turned off the stream. couldn't watch it anymore

ReZ_1
September 5, 2014, 10:46 AM
As we are watching the game right now we should also remember the pitch as because we won't be able to see the same pitch when bd would come in to bat. The same pitch would make the ball jump and turn and take the @#$% of our batsmen..

RazabQ
Windies will score 500 runs. We'll probably score 250ish in the first go. Then 100 something collapse in the 2nd innings (following on). And lose.

Unless Mushy starts captaining like a boss and our bowlers at least string together 4-5 maidens in a row.

boka

[বাংলা]
বুঝলাম মুশফিকের দোষ আছে
তয় কই কি মুশফিকের (অধিনায়কের) একক সিদ্ধান্তেই কি টসে জিতলে কি করবে তা ঠিক হয়
না-কি কোচ বাবু কিছূ কয়-টয় ??!!!

প্রথম একাদশে দুইটা বোলার নেয়ার কথাটাও কি মুশফিকের একার কথাতেই হইছে
না-কি কোচের কোন কথা-টথা শোনা হইছে ??!!!

গরীব দেশের লক্ষ-লক্ষ টেকা খরচ কইরা এ কি ধরনের কোচ আনা হইতাছে !!!
যদি কোচ কিছু না কইয়াথাকে তো তারে দরকার কি ?
আর যদি তার কওয়া কথাগুলির ফল হয় এ্‌ই রকম দল গঠন আর বোলিং করার সিদ্ধান্ত
তয় তার থেইক্কা অনেক কম টেকার দেশী কেউ হইলে আমগো কি খুব ক্ষেতি হইবে ??!!!

বুঝি-কম বোকা মাথায় কিছুই ঢুকতাছে না......

[/বাংলা]

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 10:47 AM
Gayle's half-century....
:clap:

Zeeshan
I salute those watching

lol...........

adamnsu
Rubel is the shittiest excuse for a bowler.

Shohag Gazi would also be in contention for your comment

Zeeshan
September 5, 2014, 10:48 AM
we suck eta mene nite apnader eto shomosshya hoche kano bujlam no

adamnsu
September 5, 2014, 10:49 AM
any stream?

http://cricket911.com/

channel 6

ReZ_1
September 5, 2014, 10:50 AM
so still no wicket? turned off the stream. couldn't watch it anymore

How could you do that? the best supporters support their team through good and bad times.. :-p

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:54 AM
http://cricket911.com/

channel 6

Thanks bro

mij
September 5, 2014, 10:54 AM
short and wide WI says thank you very much. Thanks for coming.

RazabQ
September 5, 2014, 10:56 AM
Watching our boys these day is just an exercise in frustration. I've switched over to watching Engerland vs. India cuz it's more entertaining. How sad is that?

Beamer
September 5, 2014, 10:57 AM
Rahim makes Bashar look like William Wallace.

nightwatchman
September 5, 2014, 10:58 AM
BD Body language is like school cricket!

DMan
September 5, 2014, 10:59 AM
Gayle was dropped an someone missed a run out chance?

cricket_pagol
September 5, 2014, 11:02 AM
pathetic team selection... test team with the 3 bowlers is a joke... our team will get destroyed in this match.

M.H.Rubel
September 5, 2014, 11:07 AM
Watching our boys these day is just an exercise in frustration. I've switched over to watching Engerland vs. India cuz it's more entertaining. How sad is that?

Razab Vai I know you are very much frustrated. Its frustrating no doubt.Its sad as well.

roman
September 5, 2014, 11:09 AM
Laaans..এই বার হালুম হালুম করে খাও। ভাত দেট ইজ

Rifat
September 5, 2014, 11:10 AM
Why do u ever bowl first on test matches? Especially on surfaces which can turn quite a lot later on inThe fourth innings?

cricketboy
September 5, 2014, 11:12 AM
pathetic team selection... test team with the 3 bowlers is a joke... our team will get destroyed in this match.

A 4th bowler would also be useless. I agree with the team management that an extra batsman is more important. Possible 4th bowler, Sunny or Robiul, who are also useless.

ReZ_1
September 5, 2014, 11:13 AM
Laaans..এই বার হালুম হালুম করে খাও। ভাত দেট ইজ

Are you serious? without a full plate biriani with double dim they won't come out to field E-)

Tiger444
September 5, 2014, 11:14 AM
Can't really expect much better. Isn't this what we expected anyways? Don't want to beat a dead horse here but we're going to continue to suck unless we fix our setup but is that going to happen with BCB continuously ignoring it? Until then we have to expect these kind of performances

Tiger444
September 5, 2014, 11:17 AM
A 4th bowler would also be useless. I agree with the team managemnt that an extra batsman is more important. Possible 4th bowler, Sunny or Robiul, who are also useless.

Besides Shakib, we don't have a Test level bowler. Time to accept that. Whether we put out Robiul, Rubel, Sunny, Al-Amin, Taijul etc. etc. the results will be the same. Again it's not all on the players. If you put picnic type matches in domestics then expect picnic type players

Zeeshan
September 5, 2014, 11:20 AM
98 off 50...there is no ffin way india can do this

i am like bane...thread hijacking

boka
September 5, 2014, 11:40 AM

[বাংলা]
মারছে বোলার তো দেহি দুইখান (আল-আমিন আর তাইজুল)... তিনজন কই পাইলেন ??
২০ টা টেস্টে ২৬ উইকেট আবার গড় বিশ্বরেকর্ড করা ৮১, হে কি টেস্টের বোলার না-কি ??!!!

৮ খেলায় ২৩ উইকেট পাওয়ার পরও ৩৮ গড়েরর রবিউলরে বইসা থাকতে হইলে ব্যপার-টা সমস্যার বিষয় হইয়া যায় না ??!!
সে আর কি করলে ২০ টেস্টে ২৬ উইকেট পাওয়া বোলারের আগে দলে ঢুকতে পারবো ??!!

কেউ কি একটু বুঝায়ে কইবেন এই দলের একজন সদস্য কেমনে বুঝবে সে কখন সুযোগ পাওয়ার যোগ্য হইছে ??!!

[/বাংলা]

roman
September 5, 2014, 11:47 AM
এত চিন্তা কইরেন না ভাইজান। পরের খেলায় মুশফিক তার ভুল বুঝতে পারবে এবং রবিউল কে দলে নিবে। ডু ফুরতি

Zeeshan
September 5, 2014, 11:53 AM
dada bhalo jaygay korli pabi???? :facepalm:

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 12:02 PM
Shuvagata getting some impressive turn. Good over from Taijul as well. Caused some discomfort to Brathwaite. Finally they are settling into a rhythm and bowling good lines.

DMan
September 5, 2014, 12:03 PM
Predict WI score for the 1st wicket.

Zeeshan
September 5, 2014, 12:11 PM
lol Gayle out!!

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 12:12 PM
Shuvagata deserved that wicket. Credit should go to Taijul as well for keeping things tight from the other end.

DMan
September 5, 2014, 12:13 PM
I should've asked that question earlier. lol

Gayle is out, I hope we can continue here since normally when 1 of our wickets fall they all fall because of the relaxed nature of the batsmen to come who thought the existing pair would stay there longer.

Modad
September 5, 2014, 12:13 PM
Predict WI score for the 1st wicket.

117/10 ... 600-1 dec

BD_TigerZ
September 5, 2014, 12:14 PM
Can't remember a more dead match thread..

boka
September 5, 2014, 12:19 PM
[বাংলা]
রইলো বাকী নয়....

পোলাপাইন দুইজন ভালোই বল করতাছে
[/বাংলা]

DMan
September 5, 2014, 12:20 PM
Last 10 ovs 18/1 RR 1.80

:wow:

What's all the negativity about in this thread? You guys are doing fine restricting the home side for 1.8 runs per over and just getting the 1st wicket.

BD_TigerZ
September 5, 2014, 12:22 PM
Kick riyad out when shakib back.

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 12:23 PM
Taijul gets his maiden Test wicket. Many more to come Inshallah.

Equinox
September 5, 2014, 12:25 PM
It begs the question though why would you want to bat last on a pitch that's offering turn like this on the first day?

mij
This is good example. How Umpire go against Bangladesh, right at the middle of middle stamp but still Umpire giving not out. Thanks to review system otherwise Gayle would score triple hundred.

boka
[বাংলা]
রইলো বাকী আট

সাবাশ সাবাশ পোলাপাইন-ই ভালা
[/বাংলা]

Tiger444
Have to say, this session our boys have bowled well. Still have to keep it up though. They still have many more quality batsmen left

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 12:28 PM
Gayle out for a useful 64...Kirk out for a useless 10.
:facepalm:

DMan
September 5, 2014, 12:30 PM
Another wicket gone! :hairpull: WTF Edwards? This is why samuels should be playing instead since he also is another spin bowling option. The selectors messed up again. Argghhhh!!! :hairpull:

BD_TigerZ
September 5, 2014, 12:31 PM
Riyad after all these years can't bowl 6 good deliveries. Everyone but mushy and selectors know much of a useless sissy he is

mij
September 5, 2014, 12:34 PM
So inexperience players doing better than experience player and our selector still goes for useless experience players.

Tiger444
September 5, 2014, 12:37 PM
Riyad after all these years can't bowl 6 good deliveries. Everyone but mushy and selectors know much of a useless sissy he is

I'm not the biggest fan of Riyad but pretty much everyone bowled poorly in the 1st session and then Hom and Taijul were the only ones that bowled in the 2nd session. So that's unfair on Riyad to be compared with others when he just bowled 2 overs

shivfan
September 5, 2014, 12:42 PM
Another wicket gone! :hairpull: WTF Edwards? This is why samuels should be playing instead since he also is another spin bowling option. The selectors messed up again. Argghhhh!!! :hairpull:

:lol:
You need to say that on WIFans, and drive Afro crazy....
:D

DMan
September 5, 2014, 12:45 PM
:lol:
You need to say that on WIFans, and drive Afro crazy....
:D

LOL. Mike you aint easy nah! That site does be dead most of the time, it does take too long for that sk.nt to respond. :lol:

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 12:56 PM
so what's the verdict on taijul? better than sunny/razzak?

dark mage
September 5, 2014, 01:01 PM
IMO he is definitely better than Razzak in tests. Don't know about Sunny though

Tiger444
September 5, 2014, 01:02 PM
so what's the verdict on taijul? better than sunny/razzak?

So far he's done pretty well but jury's definitely still out.

mufi_02
September 5, 2014, 01:06 PM
yeah its still to early to say. sunny/gazi came with a bang too and now they are so lost.

btw, anyone streaming from cricket911? I get very suggestive pop ups every few mins. Kinda annoying

mij
September 5, 2014, 01:14 PM
Rubel is leaking runs like there no tomorrow.

M.H.Rubel
September 5, 2014, 01:20 PM
I did not have much idea about the bowling of Shuvagata. Today he is bowling well and I am enjoying his bowling. At least free ride for Riyad seems gone.

hoodlum
September 5, 2014, 01:23 PM
Rubel clocking over 140kph frequently.

RazabQ
September 5, 2014, 01:23 PM
Rubel finally getting his bouncer right. Some pace and direction on that one to Brathwaite.

RazabQ
September 5, 2014, 01:25 PM
We need more tight overs. Wickets will come. Bravo can be had if we keep things tight and bowl a sucker ball every few overs. Liking Hom's high-arm action. He's slowed his pace and is tossing the ball up.

hoodlum
September 5, 2014, 01:34 PM
Can't believe the fact that we are actually playing with ONLY three specialist bowlers. Counting Mahmudullah as one of our regular bowler in tests actually sums up the misery of our bowling attack.

NoName
September 5, 2014, 01:34 PM
Wait til Chanders comes to bat, will be game over.

RazabQ
September 5, 2014, 01:35 PM
Hom is bowling 1 filthy, Ashrafulesque full toss every over and Karl is being gentle with him. In that sense Brathwhaite is Riyadesqe in his inability to put bad balls away.