PDA

View Full Version : ***The Definitive NFL 2014-2015 Season Thread***

Sohel
September 7, 2014, 12:20 PM
I'm a fairweather fan and a total homer when it comes to football. Now that the Niners are back, so's my interest. I'll also be following Seattle. Love the way they play. Lean, strong, quick, and always in motion. They're our rivals and everything, but like the city they represent, the place Hendrix, Vedder and Soundgarden put on the map for me -- I just can't help but love the Northwestern character. Other teams of interest for me are the Raiders (homer thing), the Redskins (first home team), and the Steelers. I always liked their brand of blue collar, Western Penn football ever since I learned the game back in 1980.

Watched Seattle not play their best but still thrash Green bay last Thursday. they're that good and I won't be surprised to see them repeat this year. Just a cut faster, stronger, and smarter than everyone else offensively AND defensively. Classically agile USC offense but with top pros hitting their peak all at the same time. Scary!

The Niners-Cowgirls would be big game for me tonight, starting at 2:25 AM here in Dhaka. Before that, I'll be hovering between the Redskins-Texans and the classic Steelers-Browns games.

GO NINERS!:)

Sohel
September 7, 2014, 11:44 PM
Gotta feel bad for the Cowgirls offensive line. Good unit eventually established the running game whilst doing a great job protecting Romo, only to have Romo's low IQ and resultant bad decisions hand the game early to the opportunistic Niners.

The Redskins have serious issues they need to sort out as do the Raiders. Good win by the Steelers. Good thing they took the game away early. Clutch defensive effort to hold off the Browns. easily the best game I watched.

Tigers_eye
September 9, 2014, 08:34 AM
2 yard line. with 3 wideout all spread out. What play are you going to call? Where is the room to run for the receivers?

Why not *&%&^% I formation and ram it down the throat? Pathetic coaching by Dallas. Even a QB sneak. I love Jerry Jones. Arkansas alum. But I am sorry to say, he should have left GM post to someone else 10 years back. And what the *(^^ $^%$$# with the love fest of Tony Romo? Undrafted QB is your francize quarterback?

Tigers_eye
September 17, 2014, 03:23 PM
National Felon League is going strong.

Battery, abuse, violence against women and child is scrolling right along. It has turned down a notch though. Homicide and murder was the standard.

Sohel
September 23, 2014, 03:53 AM
Frustrating start for the 49ers this season. The opportunistic "W" in the season opener had more to do with the combination of Tony Romo's low IQ and mediocre skillset than anything else. No such luck in the last two games where their inability to play consistently for all 4 quarters led to fading during the second half and then imploding with a series of dumb penalties, poor pass rush, and fatal miscommunication amongst the safeties and corners. Gotta get their act together next week. The offensive line needs to give CK more time, he always seems to be getting away from sure-sacks, and the DBs need to be on the same page. The defensive line needs to do the job for their good linebackers, the only cohesive unit in the team who remain highly effective against the run and the short pass.

Sohel
September 28, 2014, 01:50 PM
The Niners better show some improvement today, and press hard for all 4 quarters. Expecting more poise from the offensive line, and aggression from the defensive line.

cricman
September 30, 2014, 08:00 AM
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/1406614/praykc.0.gif

Finally it has happened in the NFL. Seen it in the EPL

Sohel
September 30, 2014, 09:08 AM
Good win after a scary start. Kap showed a lot of character and leadership against the strongest second half performers this season. Always fun to listen to Troy Aikman praise the heck out of his skills and athleticism. But Gore was the man for me. Expecting a lot of good things once our offensive line gets completely healthy and starts pounding again. Still need a way better pass rush though.

Sohel
September 30, 2014, 09:10 AM
http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/1406614/praykc.0.gif

Finally it has happened in the NFL. Seen it in the EPL

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/muslim-nfl-player-penalized-for-praying-after-touchdown/

Sohel
October 1, 2014, 07:31 AM
Still no comment from Kap as to how he lost all sense of time THREE times during the game. Took two totally unforced delay of game penalties and wasted a time-out. Didn't cost his team the game, but made the score way too close for comfort. This issue needs to be rectified.

Beamer
October 8, 2014, 01:33 PM
Jim Harbaugh is gone end of this season. The power struggle between him and the GM is the worst kept secret in NFL.

Dilscoop
October 11, 2014, 12:29 AM
People (even some inside the Niner org) keep wishing Harby gone but ain't happening! If it does, Jed York is just as clueless as the Raiders org. Just by 2012 draft alone I'd get rid of Trent Baalke. There are zero players from that class currently active on the roster. ZERO. He definitely can't scout receivers. All his receivers have been a fail.

Harbaugh is a crazy manic no doubt. You can get the jest of his craziness on recent ESPN profile article. But he wins. That's all matters.
"@JedYork: Jim is my coach. We are trying to win a SB, not a personality or popularity contest. Any more questions?"

Dilscoop
October 11, 2014, 12:32 AM
Headed to STL tomorrow morning. SF Invasion. Hopefully we come away 3-0!

Dilscoop
December 21, 2014, 01:07 AM
If any BD cricket fan here watched my Niners play at all this season would know how ridiculously similar these two teams were this year. 2014 saw BD teams choke from the jaws of victory. Sure wins turned into defeats due to lack of killer instinct, poise, passion, drive or heart. Well 49ers were exactly the same. Blowing big leads, choking in the 2nd half, looking completely different in between after half times, couldn't finish out games. Always saw the similarities between my Bangladesh cricket team to my bay area teams, but this is uncanny.

After 3 great but heartbreak seasons in a row, a shitty season. We need a new OC. He should've been fired after 6th week.

Dilscoop
January 8, 2015, 12:22 PM
^^ Ray McDonald. Rubel Hossain. lol. Uncanny.

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2015, 09:15 AM
Alrighty

@Packers - Dallas
@New England - Baltimore
@Denver - Colts
@Seahawks - Panthers

Any upset? Aaron Rodgers calf: Yet it would below 32 at the Tundra. Brady has a history against Baltimore (losing in playoffs) so would want to rectify that. Old vs the New. The Old has too many weapons plus at home. No luck this time. That leaves us with the defending champs with a week of rest.

I don't see any.

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2015, 09:17 AM
9ers are Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

zman
January 10, 2015, 10:09 AM
To me Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the game. If Aaron was at 100% Packers would have a realistic shot at beating Seattle. His injury seems worse than what was anticipated. If the cowboys win today I won't be surprised and I don't see anyone preventing a Seahawks repeat.

Dilscoop
January 10, 2015, 03:34 PM
^ Rodgers is good and all that but Cowboys are the only reaming team that has any realistic chance of beating the Seahawks. Only thing Rodgers will be doing in Seattle is ignore Sherman's side of the field like he did in season opener. They had 8 months to come up with a plan and that's they best they came up with. Cowboys are undefeated on the road. You need defense to beat Seahawks. And even without star players on defense Cowboys have better overall defense than the Packers.

zman
January 10, 2015, 07:33 PM
^After being diagnosed with fractured bones in his back, at 34 Tony Romo seemed like a foul away from getting sidelined for the season. If the stars remain aligned for the lone star state, and Romo keeps performing at the top of his game, I can see them giving the Seahawks a run for their money. I'm just surprised his comeback has lasted this long after such a serious injury!

zman
January 11, 2015, 02:45 PM
Packers still trail by 4 but they regained some momentum going into the half. Problem is Aaron Rodgers limped off the field...can't see them pulling off a win today.

Ajfar
January 11, 2015, 05:36 PM
^ well they got it done. But I can't see Packers getting past the 12th man. I don't think anyone can stop Seahawks from pulling off the repeat.

Dilscoop
January 11, 2015, 07:42 PM
I'm all team Luck from here on out. He played cricket England, he knows the rules and everything. Except his hobo beard and looking like in need of a shower, he's the least dislikable QB's left in the playoffs.

My priorities:
As long as the Seahawks don't win.
As long as the Cowboys don't win and get past our SB tally.
As long as Brady doesn't tie Montana's ring tally.
As long as the overrated choke master, regular season bully Panning don't get anywhere near another SN.

But it seems like only way to stop No. 1 is to let No. 3 happen.

zman
January 11, 2015, 07:45 PM
Way things are going don't think Seahawks will face much competition enroute to lifting their 2nd trophy in a row. Right now they seem like a dynasty in the making. Powerhouses like the Broncos and Patriots will get weaker in the next couple of years with their legendary QB's aging rapidly while Seahawks and Wilson will get better. Only serious threat in the near future could be coming from Andrew Luck and the Colts.

Ajfar
January 11, 2015, 09:14 PM
Broncos should trade Peyton Manning. They might be able to get a first round draft pick plus more out of a desperate qb needy team. They are loaded on offense and some big names in defense. It's not like they will fall apart without Manning. They will still be competitive.

How lucky are Colts? To go from Manning to Luck with 1 crappy season in between. I feel bad for teams like raiders, they have been picking at the top of the draft for so long, and the one season they really need to tank, colts get it done.

Dilscoop
January 11, 2015, 09:19 PM
^ I think Bucs are dumb enoug to trade away their no 1 pick for Panning and then Broncos could end up with Mariota.

Ajfar
January 11, 2015, 09:37 PM
^ haha they are not gonna fall for that again. They are still banging their head from the Revis trade couple years ago. I can see Jets falling for it. They did give Brett Favre a shot toward the end of his career. But they are going through a coaching change so maybe not. Maybe the Browns.

We should do a Fantasy league next year. I wanted to do one this year in BC, but I got really busy with school. That won't be a problem next year. I think we have enough people to do a 8 team league.

Tigers_eye
January 12, 2015, 11:06 AM
I'm all team Luck from here on out. He played cricket England, he knows the rules and everything. Except his hobo beard and looking like in need of a shower, he's the least dislikable QB's left in the playoffs.

My priorities:
As long as the overrated choke master, regular season bully Panning don't get anywhere near another SN.

I am on the Packers bandwagon. 1 and 3 won't happen then. :)

Dilscoop
January 12, 2015, 11:23 AM
^ Tough to see a limping Rodgers do anything against that fast D to even get to AZ. His O-line also had trouble, at home vs a no-rush defense. Seattle will eat him apart if he can't escape. Cam's line was great but too bad he couldn't do anything with that.

Brady vs Rodgers, which is what everyone wants to see, will be the most 49er-hatred SB ever lol. They were both Niner fans but hate the Niners equally for not drafting them. IDK what Niner fans did to deserve this, we didn't fire Harbaugh, but these scenarios are eating me apart. c'mon Andrew Luck!

Dilscoop
January 14, 2015, 09:19 PM
Wow! They got rid of Jim Harbaugh to hire this guy! He's a great position coach, players love his personality, but not a HC material. You have the best person for the job and best DC in the house! Vic Fangio will now be gone since his subordinate got promoted ahead of him. Our defense will suck! He made our D top 3 with leftover players last season.

And they didn't even interview the hire but interviewed everyone else just for show. What a BCB type move! Like I said, lot of similarities between BD and 49ers

Dilscoop
January 18, 2015, 06:18 PM
Green Bay! Wtf are you doing!?

- Make a game INT and slide with an open field with in front of you with five min on the clock!
- Can't stop the 2 pt conversion when the balls right there floating around.
- Can't recover the on side kick. This game shouldn't even in get to that situation in the first place.

EDIT: oh completely forgot about how they got faked out by a kicker and gave up that TD.

Can't lose a game where the opposition QB threw 4 INT! And ZERO TD!

zman
January 18, 2015, 06:34 PM
Packers coach is an idiot...he got miserably outcoached and this loss is on him and Bostich. They got two chances at the one yard line and didn't go for it even once while Seahawks were taking risk after risk and eventually they started paying off. They deserve the win.

Dilscoop
January 18, 2015, 06:35 PM
This is just ****king bull!! Dominated the whole game just to blow it like this!! Why didn't they go for it on those early goal line drives!

Dilscoop
January 18, 2015, 06:41 PM
Packers coach is an idiot...he got miserably outcoached and this loss is on him and Bostich. They got two chances at the one yard line and didn't go for it even once while Seahawks were taking risk after risk and eventually they started paying off. They deserve the win.

Agree. But it was looking like they had the game in the bag even with playing it so safe. Their kicker had more completions and TD than their QB in the first half.

I think they lost this game when the guy picked off Wilson for the 4th time and just slid down as if they won the game with 5 min on the clock. He had an open field.

Dilscoop
January 18, 2015, 06:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7q3IgYCcAAFB8N.png

Ajfar
January 18, 2015, 06:50 PM
They lost the match when they couldn't recover the onside click. With SuperBowl on the line how do you not come up with that catch. That is unacceptable. I hope that guy gets cut tomorrow.

Dilscoop
January 18, 2015, 07:18 PM
^ That's like the last part. It shouldn't have gone to that to begin with. It's what the Packs did to get there that hurt them more. They played like puss. They were playing not to lose. Frankly, they just played like 2014 Bangladesh, playing too defensively, no balls. I mean Seahawks had the ball for 4 min in the first half and in that 4 min they had 4 turnovers! Packs only put up 2 FG's. They should've gone for it from one yard line. Worst thing they don't get any points but they'd have had a shaky QB in the end-zone. In the end they gave up 15 points in less than a min!!

Now we have to sit here and watch this BS AFC puppy bowl

Dilscoop
January 18, 2015, 07:39 PM

My priorities:

This is why I wanted the Cowboys there instead of GB. If it wasn't for that bull rap call, Cowboys would be there RN and would've played them more aggressively.

I want to see Andrew Luck give it a shot but he won't even make it past the Pats. Pats aren't fast enough to beat the Seahawks. But it'd be hilarious if they did and made Panning look like a fool.

akabir77
January 19, 2015, 12:32 PM
Two teams that got their @$$ kicked by Chiefs are in final...

Dilscoop
January 19, 2015, 01:13 PM
^ Funny you mention that. Because it was a turning point of both of these teams. After their loses to KC they caught a 2nd wind and stayed undefeated.

Ajfar
January 19, 2015, 11:25 PM
Why are the Seahawks players so upset and talking about all this everyone counted us out? I didn't see any media personnel come out during the half time and claim that this match was over. They were the favorite to win the whole thing all year long. Doug Baldwin's rant against D. Sanders was embarrassing to watch. Richard Sherman can act like a clown cause he is Richard Sherman. Doug Baldwin should look at their overall passing stats for the entire season before calling Sanders a hater.

Tigers_eye
January 20, 2015, 10:41 AM
I hope Seahawks puts the hoodie at his place. Grrrr!!!!! Out of 32 teams these two had to be in Superbowl? I am not watching it.

Dilscoop
January 20, 2015, 12:16 PM
^ The game won't be as good as NFCC game either way. But I'm back to my no. 1 priority. I hope the hoodie buries that gum chewing scum. I hope Brady rips this defense apart. I doubt it'll happen.

Funny, everything I wanted happen to them happened to us. I wanted Kaepernick to use his SB defeat to better himself. Never happened, he got worse. I wanted Wilson to go into a slump after winning the SB, didn't happened. I wanted them to overpay Wilson after SB win to bust their cap, never happened. Instead we signed Kap to a weird deal. I wanted them to fall apart after their SB win, instead WE fell apart! Literally. Our coaches are gone and everything! I thought finally, FINALLY things are going according to my wish last game. Freaking Green Bay! :hairpull::mad:

As they say not to wish bad upon others. I feel it's partially my fault. At least we had Beyonce and they got Bruno Mars and Katy Perry. Can't take that away from us!

Tiger444
January 20, 2015, 01:00 PM
It should be a good game. Both teams are strong on both sides of the ball. Should be an interesting outcome

Ajfar
January 20, 2015, 11:01 PM
I just bought 2 wrist band from Richard Sherman's website, so I can enter his 2 SuperBowl ticket giveaway raffle draw. Come on luck I need this!!

Dilscoop
January 20, 2015, 11:12 PM
^ I hate you bro! I hope you don't win!

zman
January 21, 2015, 05:50 PM
WTF is wrong with the Patriots? Why does Belichick always get embroiled in these controversies. This guy just can't help but cheat! I feel sorry for the fans and myself cuz I'll have to watch two teams i loathe play in the superbowl

Ajfar
January 21, 2015, 08:32 PM
^ He has serious issues. Its not like they needed that advantage. Its like breaking rules for the sake of breaking them. Dude is paranoid. I hope Kraft fires him. It can't be a coincidence that 11 footballs were deflated. If the investigation finds Belichick guilty I think NFL will do what they did they with Sean Peyton, suspended for one season. Specially after the Ray Rice scandal, NFL will not want any kind of finger pointing toward Goddell. Plus NE will probably lose 1st round draft picks, at a time we need as much help as we can get cause Brady doesn't have much time left.

Dilscoop
January 21, 2015, 08:43 PM
Cheater Bowl XLIX! Just awesome! Still 150 mil will tune in. NFL wins regardless.

Dilscoop
January 22, 2015, 09:27 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OTRmyXX6ipU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This year's Bad Lip Readings are out!! Not as good as the first 2 though.

Dilscoop
January 29, 2015, 09:03 PM
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady/photos/a.655314961176324.1073741825.214003275307497/857083207666164/?type=1" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady/photos/a.655314961176324.1073741825.214003275307497/857083207666164/?type=1">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/TomBrady">Tom Brady</a>.</div></div>

Man! I can't handle this! Ugh whatever, I think I'd be ok with it. But now that I want him to win there's a good chance he'll be 3-4 in the SB.

My priorities:
1. As long as the Seahawks don't win.
2. As long as the Cowboys don't win and get past our SB tally.
3. As long as Brady doesn't tie Montana's ring tally.
4. As long as the overrated choke master, regular season bully Panning don't get anywhere near another SN.

Sohel
January 31, 2015, 02:33 AM
I've been a 49er fan ever since "the catch". Montana to Clark and adios Cowgirls. Stopped following the NFL when the team sucked. So I don't have a lot invested in the Seattle rivalry at all. In fact, I'm huge fan of Wilson and Oakland/Berkeley's own, Marshawn Lynch. And I like the city of Hendrix and Pearl Jam and other great things. I support the Seahawks unless they're playing the Niners. Looking forward to a tight contest tomorrow. Go Hawks Go!

zman
January 31, 2015, 07:31 PM
Sherman's injury looked pretty bad during the NFC finals. If he hasn't made significant progress and if Thomas and Chancellor are also banged up, Gronk could have a big night. Still confused about who to root for. Tom and Bill's arrogance is a turn off.

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 03:06 PM
Lol what's up with the gay presenter in nbc

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 03:11 PM
I've been a 49er fan ever since "the catch". Montana to Clark and adios Cowgirls. Stopped following the NFL when the team sucked. So I don't have a lot invested in the Seattle rivalry at all. In fact, I'm huge fan of Wilson and Oakland/Berkeley's own, Marshawn Lynch. And I like the city of Hendrix and Pearl Jam and other great things. I support the Seahawks unless they're playing the Niners. Looking forward to a tight contest tomorrow. Go Hawks Go!

i lyk patriots

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 03:12 PM
hey sohel bhai, you know we were supposed to analyze a game together...let's do it...teach me master :notworthy: :)

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 03:24 PM
see hawx ra kemon jani

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 08:49 PM
Brady just lost us the cup methinks.

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 08:56 PM
Brilliant play by Lynch. Go Seahawks!!!

zman
February 1, 2015, 09:21 PM
Yeah with 10 mins remaining a 10 point deficit is too much to overcome against such a great defense even for the great Tom Brady

zman
February 1, 2015, 09:31 PM
Saw an interview of Wilson during the pregame show which kinda sealed the deal for me. I'm rooting for the Hawks. They asked Russell when he started thinking he was a great player. His response was, I still don't think that! The guy seems really humble, and the way the Hawks operate they've got blue collar written all over them. Can't help but give them respect for that.

As I type Patriots just scored a touchdown, Hawks lead Patriots 24 - 21. Whatever the outcome of this match this Seahawks team has a few more trips to the SB in store for them.

zman
February 1, 2015, 09:44 PM
$hit...Brady is just too good!

zman
February 1, 2015, 10:10 PM
Damn! What a way to lose the super bowl...how could they not give the ball to Marshawn Lynch! :facepalm:

zman
February 1, 2015, 10:37 PM
Now there's gonna be so much talk about Brady being arguably the greatest QB ever and all :facepalm:

Zeeshan
February 1, 2015, 10:53 PM
I stopped watching after 24-14 Seahawks. Must be some amazing fightback.

Ajfar
February 1, 2015, 11:16 PM
Now there's gonna be so much talk about Brady being arguably the greatest QB ever and all :facepalm:

Well he is certainly in the conversation. Came back from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter against the number 1 defense. His 4th quarter stats was something around 13/15, 125 yards, 2 TDs. He's got 4 superbowl game winning drive. He should certainly be in the conversation.

What a game. I lost my voice. After that super lucky catch by Kearse everyone in my house was talking about here we go its David Tyree all over again. I don't think Brady deserved the MVP. It should have been Butler. He doesnt make that play, its a different scenario. Seattle is such a good team. They will be in contention again next year. I'm just glad we dont have to hear Richard Sherman talk trash for a while.

Dilscoop
February 1, 2015, 11:40 PM
<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OtEwIegv0Fa/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

:lol: :lol: This just makes me so damn happy! After all the crap we've gone through this season, this image is a great way to end season!

As for Brady being the greatest QB. I'm more okay with him being called that over Panning. He's two (http://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/tyree-manningham-getty.jpg) Giant fluke catches away from being the most winningest super bowl QB ever. He has all the luck in the World, but he couldn't prevent another one of those catches today. But luckily Seahawks OC showed up.

Dilscoop
February 1, 2015, 11:48 PM
I stopped watching after 24-14 Seahawks. Must be some amazing fightback.
Umm, Why? This isn't cricket. At that point it wasn't even close to being over. And even if it seems over you don't stop until clock turns 00:00! And this wasn't a fightback, just everyday NFL game. Fightback was what Seahawks did vs GB to get here. If they call Cricket a funny game, Football is a... HILARIOUS game.

zman
February 2, 2015, 12:20 AM
^ LOL...good point

zman
February 2, 2015, 12:23 AM
Well he is certainly in the conversation. Came back from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter against the number 1 defense. His 4th quarter stats was something around 13/15, 125 yards, 2 TDs. He's got 4 superbowl game winning drive. He should certainly be in the conversation.

What a game. I lost my voice. After that super lucky catch by Kearse everyone in my house was talking about here we go its David Tyree all over again. I don't think Brady deserved the MVP. It should have been Butler. He doesnt make that play, its a different scenario. Seattle is such a good team. They will be in contention again next year. I'm just glad we dont have to hear Richard Sherman talk trash for a while.
Dude what are you talking about! That's like saying Shafiul should win MOM for coming in with one ball remaining and hitting the winning six while Mushfiq scored 120 and kept the team in the hunt the whole time before getting out at the last minute.

Regarding Brady's legacy, of course he should be in that conversation, I'm just butthurt that NE drafts Tom Brady with their 6th round pick while my Jets draft butt fumbler and Geno Smith with their 1st round picks :facepalm:

Anyway, congrats to the Patriots and their fans on winning their 4th title! One of the most exciting superbowls for sure and after those bad breaks against the Giants, about time they caught a lucky break!

Dilscoop
February 2, 2015, 12:45 AM
^ I wouldn't say that was a lucky break. Yes, it was a mistake on the Seahawk's part, but this random rookie, made a hell of a play for making them pay for that mistake. He read the play well before Wilson threw it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8z1_05CcAArtF-.jpg:large

If anything, they were headed for another heartbreak after this catch

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OtExiJFFK1p/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/Manningham-Catch.jpg
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3394061/mario-manningham-catch-o.gif

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2011/01/31/013111-David-Tyree-catch-PI_20110131152333578_660_320.JPG
http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/The-Catch-David-Tyree-Super-Bowl-XLII.gif

Sohel
February 2, 2015, 05:13 AM
A Mohammad Ashraful moment for Seattle's OC and Wilson literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That was definitely *THE* worst play call in SB history! I mean you've got BEASTMODE in the backfield for GOD's sake. Great game though, and congrats to New England.

zman
February 2, 2015, 11:27 AM
^ I wouldn't say that was a lucky break. Yes, it was a mistake on the Seahawk's part, but this random rookie, made a hell of a play for making them pay for that mistake. He read the play well before Wilson threw it.

Yes that play call was a serious mistake by Seattle OC. With one yard to gain in three tries you go with Beast mode every time, no exception. If beast mode doesn't make it which in and of itself is almost an impossibility you can live with the results but if you're Seattle and you go for a risky play like that, throwing the ball into a crowded area, and lose the game I don't know how you live with that. This is worse than the Packers loss to the Hawks. After the loss Pete Caroll said the play was designed to tick time off the clock! :-/ :floor:

Zeeshan
February 2, 2015, 11:45 AM
Umm, Why? This isn't cricket. At that point it wasn't even close to being over. And even if it seems over you don't stop until clock turns 00:00! And this wasn't a fightback, just everyday NFL game. Fightback was what Seahawks did vs GB to get here. If they call Cricket a funny game, Football is a... HILARIOUS game.

Haha good one.

Honestly didn't feel like rooting for either one. I mean at one end we have the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME and at the other end BEST DEFENSE IN NFL. Hobson's choice.

Dilscoop
February 2, 2015, 01:16 PM
Even if the Seahawks had scored, the game wouldn't have been over. 30 sec w/ 2 timeouts. Brady vs Best D showdown. Brady's SB margins: 3 pts, 3 pts, 3 pts, 3 pts, 4 pts, 4 pts. Every single one of them came down to 00:00

But how boring was the halftime. No one's going to be talking about it today. It's a very forgettable one.

Ajfar
February 2, 2015, 09:31 PM
^ If Seahawks score on that play, its pretty much over. Patriots couldn't get anything going down field. Most of the yards gained was from dink and dunks passes except a couple 20 yard throws. I don't know if they had it in them to move 40+ yards within 25 seconds to get in field goal range, after that crazy play from Jermaine Kearse.

Did you guys see the Doug Baldwin celebration. I didn't realize what he did until today. How do you do that during such a important game. He knew very well he was going to get a 15 yard penalty for it, yet he did it anyway. Someone asked him about the celebration after the game ended, he said its between me and the person it was directed toward. What a selfish player, way to disrespect your entire team after how hard they worked. Oh and Richard Sherman calling out Revis on that touchdown play. They were only up 10 points in the 3rd quarter. From Baldwin and Sherman's celebration you would think they already won the game. I like Seattle, specially Wilson but they talk to much. All year along everyone had them coming back for a repeat, even after the 3-3 start. But they were talking as if everyone was disrespecting them. It will be interesting to see how Seattle does next couple year. Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and Byron Maxwell are all up for contract. Russell Wilson will probably get around 20ish million. I don't think they can sign both Wagner and Maxwell. Plus they already have big contracts signed on to Sherman, Chancellor, Bennet, Avril, Thomas.

Zeeshan
February 2, 2015, 09:32 PM
Hi Ajfar.

How are you?

Dilscoop
February 2, 2015, 11:47 PM
^ Boy don't be the left shark.

@Aj, their priority should be Lynch. Only reason they're able to do anything with an average, YES, A.V.E.R.A.G.E QB is because they have that Lynch. Wilson and his circus league receivers are nothing without without Lynch. Only time they get anything done when the D sellout for Lynch. GB and Pats shut down their run game and Wilson took 2 full quarters to get his first reception. They better find a Megatron or another unstoppable RB, or even their great D won't be able to carry this team any further.

49ers died with Frank Gore. And Frank Gore is nothing compared to Lynch.

Sohel
February 3, 2015, 09:54 AM
In the stunning aftermath, after that unfathomable decision, conspiracy theories sprouted like Audrey II in Little Shop of Horrors. I’m not talking about Twitter-theories from deep-thinking eggs, or any cris de coeur from devastated Seahawks fans. I’m talking about people inside Seattle’s own locker room. I’m talking about texts I received from mainstream writers who don’t want to deal with the backlash that would come with writing it up.

The theory goes something like this. Russell Wilson is your young clean-cut God-fearing media-perfect quarterback. If one was creating a superstar face to market for the twenty-first century, chances are they would look, sound and basically be Russell Wilson. He’s Derek Jeter with a Bible, someone who comes across like he has never spoken out of turn in his entire life. Marshawn Lynch is… Marshawn Lynch, and if you haven’t figured out what that means after the past two weeks, then you haven’t been paying attention.

The theory goes that there were major financial, public relations and football reasons for Russell Wilson and not Lynch to be the one who ends the game in glory. If he throws that touchdown for the victory, Wilson is almost certainly the Super Bowl MVP. He gets the commercial. He gets to stand with the commissioner. And oh, by the way, he also gets his new contract, one that will fasten his prime, at only 26 years old, to the Seattle franchise. Marshawn Lynch is also due a new contract. Marshawn Lynch, had he punched that ball over the goal line, would probably get to be the one handed the MVP trophy. Marshawn Lynch also maybe gets on the mic to say Lord knows what.

READ MORE (http://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/conspiracy-theory-surrounding-seahawks-last-play#)

Muy interesante!

Dilscoop
February 3, 2015, 07:30 PM
That's been going around for too long, way longer than it should've been. I highly doubt a team on the verge of winning the title thinking about anything else but all that. Even if they did, then they'd have ran Wilson, mostly call a play action. Becuase running the ball here was that obvious. But their decision to throw shows they had a Ashraf-fart, worse than a brainfart. Also, the play before Lynch almost scored. And why would they want Wilson to have the glory? They'd have to sign him to bigger contract, even bigger than the one they're about to give him.

People that come up with these dumb theories think they're so much smarter thN everyone else.

Dilscoop
February 3, 2015, 11:27 PM
Right around this time, 2 years ago, 49ers were blowing the game worse than the Seahawks. Four fades in a row! I'll never forget it! Give it to GORE! Run.The.Damn.Ball!!

Sohel
February 6, 2015, 10:07 AM
That play call was so unfathomably dumb, that it made many within the Seahawk organization wonder. Factor in white privilege (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege) and critical race theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory) and you'll see why such theories aren't that far from the truth.

Second and goal from the one for the championship and you line up in shotgun formation telling the Pats you're gonna throw? How is that a high percentage play when someone like Marshawn Lynch just needs to fall forward to score from there? AND he had three chances to do it! Just look at his conversion rate from the one yard line in game winning situations. He's been at 100% throughout his high school (Oakland), college (Berkeley), and pro career.

Tigers_eye
February 6, 2015, 10:24 AM
I think the play call was fine. From 1 yard line the same play has been called 102 times this year in NFL. Not a single interception. Fairly safe play. The CB recognized it and stepped up. Made a great play. That is what film studies do.

You target the weakest link of the defense. The CB was the weakest link. 3rd string, never saw much playing time. Defense had to guess on that formation. May be a draw play designed for Wilson, they had to count for that as well. It is a chess game. Yes, there were other plays that could have been called. But this call was justifiable with above stats and not knowing the future.

Dilscoop
February 6, 2015, 09:55 PM
Wilson is black, it has nothing to do with race. If it did they wouldn't have ran Lynch the play before where he almost scored but a shoe string tackle stopped him. Or they'd have ran Wilson, which would've made more sense. To add to T_E's stat Lynch was 1-6 in goal line this season. It's just a case of an unknown, undrafted rookie shining in the moment.

Unknown faces shinning the SB is nothing new either. This had 2. Seahawks Mathew was having a ball too.

zman
February 6, 2015, 11:32 PM
I've been hearing about those stats after the SB but as the play was happening it just didn't pass the eye test for me. I know it all transpired in the blink of an eye but I didn't like a few things about it-- unlike many other good teams in the league that have very good receivers the passing game isn't exactly Seattle's forte, the running game is. Wilson had thrown so many interceptions in the last couple of games it felt risky watching the ball thrown in a somewhat crowded zone when you had so many other options. The previous play where Kearse made that impossible play I can understand the pass because the Hawks were far behind and they had to take risks to make up lost ground. But this was a different situation where the Hawks were in total control. Anyway on this play as soon as I saw the pass the first thing that came to my mind is in a pressure cooker moment like this if the pass isn't low enough the ball could easily pop out of the receivers hands and get picked off by someone else. As it turned out the not so low pass didn't pop out but gave Butler the chance to make an amazing play.

Sohel
February 7, 2015, 11:03 AM
Read the article and try to understand the argument on its own terms. A little background research in critical theory would help. It's not about "being black", but the kind of blackness acceptable to white privilege. This has happened in the past. Jack Johnson vis-a-vis Joe Louis. Or Muhammad Ali vis-a-vis Floyd Patterson. Malcolm X vis-a-vis the sanitized perception of MLK. Rev. Jeremiah Wright vis-a-vis the Obama who abandoned him. Truth to power for the sake of justice vis-a-vis selective ignorance for the sake of appeasement in order to preserve the discriminatory status quo.

Dilscoop
February 7, 2015, 03:06 PM
I get that that Wilson is clean cut and Lynch is not. The conspiracy is they tried to glorify Wilson and keep Lynch's ghetto *** off camera. But if that was the case wouldn't it be more likely they' run Wilson? Since they didn't isn't it obvious that they just had a brainfart? They were thinking, "pass, pass, pass" all along, not "make Wilson big, make Wilson big." The later would've prompted them to run Wilson. But they were thinking passing, they wanted to outthink The Chick but outsmarted themselves. This isn't the first time Pete Carroll blew a bowl game. This is just another case of Libs butting in.

It's a damn shame we missed out on Lynch's MVP speech. "Will he!? Won't he!? ... grab his crotch!"

zman
April 1, 2015, 10:14 PM
Jets have done a pretty solid job in the off season so far. Any chance Geno will get better? or is he a gone case? :ohno: