PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: 2nd Test - Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna; November 3-7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Rinathq
November 1, 2014, 09:17 AM
Back to winning!

Time: Nov 3-7, 2014 (09:30 local | 03:30 GMT | 22:30 EST | 21:30 CST | 19:30 PST)

Venue: SANS, Khulna

Preview:

And Cricket is back in Khulna!

This will be the first international match in the city of Khulna since the second ODI against West Indies in 2012. Bangladesh lost the sole test match against West Indies but came back strong to win back to back ODIs in the same ground. Bangladesh will look to seal the series against the side that is still searching for answers against the on song spin attack. The conditions in Khulna should assist the spinners as usual but it might not be as easy as Dhaka which saw turn and bounce from day 1. Selectors suggested that Khulna will have a more batting friendly wicket for the first few days to facilitate the struggling batsmen. Once again, the local batsmen are failing to meet the "patience" requirement for the "test". Almost every batsmen will need to improve on their performance from the first test as Khulna promises a high scoring affair. For Zimbabwe, its a matter of doing the homework well and play better against the spinners. The Confidence will be at a low and will need some special effort to revive. Their Spinners will also have to perform much better than the first test where they were non-threatening even in favorable condition. The surface will be tougher for the seamers so expect more overs from the spinners.

In terms of the final 11, Bangladesh will be out of their best seamer Al Amin Hossain. His replacement is still a mystery as it is yet to be determined if the selectors will go with a seamer as a substitute or another spinner. Given the usage of seamers in the last match, one could hope for an extra spinner. However, it is always risky business and somewhat demoralizing to walk into a test match with a lone spinner unless its one of Steyn, Morkel, Anderson or Johnson. Anamul might walk back in the squad without any real effort after a poor display in the picnic tournament in Kolkata. However, with Khulna being his home ground, expect a lot of support for the prospective keeper/batsman. The opening pair will also need to put on some sort of partnership in this match or one of them will have to make way for someone else. Right now it looks like Shamsur might be playing his decider since Tamim is still considered a core. Watch out for the skipper Mushfiqur Rahim who will look to continue his run streak. He might bat higher to ensure he gets enough time to score to his full potential. The surface will help the onsong skipper to score plenty

Squads:

Bangladesh

Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Tamim Iqbal (vice-capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Shamsur Rahman, Mominul Haque, Rubel Hossain, Shuvagata Hom, Mahmudullah, Shafiul Islam, Jubair Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Marshall Ayub, Taijul Islam, Anamul Haque

Zimbabwe

Brendan Taylor, Regis Chakabva, Brian Chari, Tendai Chatara, Elton Chigumbura, Craig Ervine, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingi Masakadza, Wellington Masakadza, Natsai M'shangwe, Richmond Mutumbami, John Nyumbu, Tinashe Panyangara, Vusi Sibanda, Sikandar Raza, Malcolm Waller

Live Scores: http://www.espncricinfo.com/
Live Streaming: http://www.bdlivezone.com/Live-TV-Channels/Bangla/Gazi-TV-GTV-bangla-live.html

Eshen
November 1, 2014, 09:44 AM
Whatmore warns against Bangladesh complacency (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-zimbabwe-2014-15/content/story/795149.html)
"The things we talk about as a coach - you have to expect them to come hard, you can't be complacent, you do not give your wickets away...

"The pitch will be abrasive, it will grip, but it won't be as quick or have as much bounce as Dhaka. But if you play rash shots, if you don't make the right decision, you can't win a Test in a session, but you can go a long way in losing it. For a relatively inexperienced team, they got to be given targets. You have got to bat four sessions, minimum and you have got to last at least one session without losing a wicket."

cricbook
November 1, 2014, 03:14 PM
Bangladesh is set for win inshallah....enough going down and down recent past....but after 1st test with zimbabwe i belive bd will bounce back well to the world ......they found their lost soul....they found some low order finisher....they found a coach who doesn't damm about name of sakib or tamim...its justtifying by performance day after day.....so i belive, all our players is hungry for perform....and all knows their duty to surve country .....go bangla.:flag:

Nasif
November 1, 2014, 09:49 PM
Lets go tigers! Spook them out!

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1776&stc=1&d=1414896508

al Furqaan
November 1, 2014, 09:53 PM
Lol, Nasif bhai!

Bismilllah...time to wrap up the series and maybe throw a couple youngsters in for the final test.

ZimSlog
November 2, 2014, 01:11 AM
I'm really hoping for a better showing from Zimbabwe this time around. Still don't us winning though...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 01:20 AM
I'm really hoping for a better showing from Zimbabwe this time around. Still don't us winning though...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Welcome back, where have you been? There are 2 more zim fans here I do believe.

MHRAM
November 2, 2014, 03:37 AM
I think we should bat first after winning the toss and look to bat for 4 sessions MINIMUM.

We have not batted well in the last 3 tests we have played. Time for a change.

zimfan
November 2, 2014, 11:00 AM
Hopefully the Zimbabwe batsman can prove that they can bat a whole day against spin but i cant see it to be honest.

The key for us is a steady opening partnership and to make sure that we have not lost any wickets by the time Shakib and co come into the attack.

M.H.Rubel
November 2, 2014, 12:54 PM

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1776&stc=1&d=1414896508

Loved it banglacricket. com

simon
November 2, 2014, 01:50 PM
lol, amra fans ra pario, Zim er shathey taina tuina ekta jitchey ar shathey shathey bagh mama'r pic hajir, abar kalkei dekha jabe shobai "cat cat" boltesey.

kalpurush
November 2, 2014, 02:02 PM

Cool work Nasif bhai! :)

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 02:02 PM
According to newage, Hom will be retained and Rubel will take the place of Al-Amin

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 02:14 PM
I'm excited for today's match. I feel that we'll perform better in Khulna with the pitch conditions favoring us more. Our batsmen will likely have an easier time with the bounce not being as much. No reason why our batsmen can't perform on the pitch. Also I believe their batsmen will continue to struggle against Taijul, Shakib and Jubair.

That said, we obviously have to be at the top of our game. Like I've said before, I really respect this Zimbabwe side. Once the likes of Sibanda, Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine and Raza get their eye in, they can produce quality innings. Then of course their pacers Panyangara, Chigumbura and Chatara are all quality as well and are not easy to score off of. So we definitely do have our work cut out against us and in the end, we'll need to play very well if we want to win again.

Best of luck to both sides and may the best team win!

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 02:17 PM
Kita khobor bhaisab hokhol...Bhala asoin ni afnara? Asha khori amra e Test o innings a jitmu naile armu. Afnara kita mone koroin?

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 02:35 PM
lol, amra fans ra pario, Zim er shathey taina tuina ekta jitchey ar shathey shathey bagh mama'r pic hajir, abar kalkei dekha jabe shobai "cat cat" boltesey.

Shetai kintu Simon da.

Amra hoilam haru-party (reminds me of a certain member here). amader ashole etoshob gorjito bagh taag banaina. ontoto aro kichu bochor bagh mamar spirit niye pussycat er porichoye e thaka bhalo. Tahole bhobishshote kosto ebong lojja ektu kom hobe.
:)

Rinathq
November 2, 2014, 02:38 PM
hope the weather isnt depressing like the first test

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 02:38 PM
I'm excited for today's match. I feel that we'll perform better in Khulna with the pitch conditions favoring us more. Our batsmen will likely have an easier time with the bounce not being as much. No reason why our batsmen can't perform on the pitch. Also I believe their batsmen will continue to struggle against Taijul, Shakib and Jubair.

That said, we obviously have to be at the top of our game. Like I've said before, I really respect this Zimbabwe side. Once the likes of Sibanda, Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine and Raza get their eye in, they can produce quality innings. Then of course their pacers Panyangara, Chigumbura and Chatara are all quality as well and are not easy to score off of. So we definitely do have our work cut out against us and in the end, we'll need to play very well if we want to win again.

Best of luck to both sides and may the best team win!

I only rate Taylor with the bat and Chatara (who is even better than Jarvis) with the ball. Also rate Williams but he's been suspended...has potential to a poor man's Shakib for Zimbabwe although he's already 28-29 so probably won't ever be quite as good as Shakib, but never to late to improve your bowling. Sibanda was a talent, but at 31, his time to turn it around is gone. He's their Aftab Ahmed. Ervine also is decent as are most of the white players who crack their system. Masakadza is a minnow basher, and I swear Chigumbura is South African with how he chokes in the clutch. Raza wouldn't have even made it to a Quad e Azam tryouts let alone PAK national team. Panyangara is an obese trundler. Nyumbu its still to early to tell but he looked less threatening than a grandma on a square turner.

ZIM have some talent coming through, and hopefully they will stick around and replace most of the guys in the current side. Nick Welch and Ryan Burl will hopefully make the team in the next couple of years and will definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Masakadza, Chigumbura, and Waller.

simon
November 2, 2014, 02:46 PM
lol, the more I'm hearing about 2nd Test XI the more I'm getting depressed.
Anamul in but not as a keeper ? Kaedge brought back? Hom retained ? Rubel in place of AA?
this is killing me, and what is the point of having the village idiot Rubel ? better pick up an extra batsman in place.
God help us, pathetic players and even worse replacements. :facepalm:

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 03:15 PM
I only rate Taylor with the bat and Chatara (who is even better than Jarvis) with the ball. Also rate Williams but he's been suspended...has potential to a poor man's Shakib for Zimbabwe although he's already 28-29 so probably won't ever be quite as good as Shakib, but never to late to improve your bowling. Sibanda was a talent, but at 31, his time to turn it around is gone. He's their Aftab Ahmed. Ervine also is decent as are most of the white players who crack their system. Masakadza is a minnow basher, and I swear Chigumbura is South African with how he chokes in the clutch. Raza wouldn't have even made it to a Quad e Azam tryouts let alone PAK national team. Panyangara is an obese trundler. Nyumbu its still to early to tell but he looked less threatening than a grandma on a square turner.

ZIM have some talent coming through, and hopefully they will stick around and replace most of the guys in the current side. Nick Welch and Ryan Burl will hopefully make the team in the next couple of years and will definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Masakadza, Chigumbura, and Waller.

I agree that barring Taylor, the rest of their batsmen are inconsistent but they all do have talent but like us, their batsmen have underachieved. It still doesn't take away the fact that they are still dangerous once they get going which is why our spinners have to continue the good work.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 03:18 PM
All I expect from Shahadat and Rubel is to take 4 wickets in the Test. Anything above that would be a bonus. Hopefully our spinners can take the rest of the wickets.

NoName
November 2, 2014, 03:43 PM
We need to fix Taylor's test avg against us this series :lol:

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 05:07 PM
All I expect from Shahadat and Rubel is to take 4 wickets in the Test. Anything above that would be a bonus. Hopefully our spinners can take the rest of the wickets.

Expect nothing from rubel, if he's selected into the XI then it's got to be one of the worst test selections in history. Better off taking an extra batsman or spinner if rubel is the only pacer they'll select.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 05:19 PM
Expect nothing from rubel, if he's selected into the XI then it's got to be one of the worst test selections in history. Better off taking an extra batsman or spinner if rubel is the only pacer they'll select.

They'll likely take Shahadat and Rubel. If they can't even take 4 wickets in the whole match then don't know what to say.

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 05:21 PM
They'll likely take Shahadat and Rubel. If they can't even take 4 wickets in the whole match then don't know what to say.

BD pacers only took 2 wickets last match, both shahadat so wouldn't hold my breath unless shahadat does something. It's baffling to see rubel keep getting selected.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 05:30 PM
BD pacers only took 2 wickets last match, both shahadat so wouldn't hold my breath unless shahadat does something. It's baffling to see rubel keep getting selected.

Not really. All our pacers suck in this format. It's like picking out whose less trash than who unfortunately

mij
November 2, 2014, 05:31 PM
Our selectors are mental.

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 05:37 PM
Not really. All our pacers suck in this format. It's like picking out whose less trash than who unfortunately

Yes but rubel is the worst of the lot, it's quite clear now, of course he could turn it around but he's been given 20 test matches, that's enough to prove himself and to show he's improving. Robiul, shafiul, abul would all be better picks atm, taskin as well but he can't even stay on the park unfortunately. Al Amin hasn't been threatening either, just shows that even if your are ok in shorter formats doesn't mean you'll transfer it to the longer format. Actually would be better to pick any pace prospect instead of continuing with rubel.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 06:07 PM
I agree that barring Taylor, the rest of their batsmen are inconsistent but they all do have talent but like us, their batsmen have underachieved. It still doesn't take away the fact that they are still dangerous once they get going which is why our spinners have to continue the good work.

The current Zim team are not that talented to be honest. They do give it their all on the field. If our boys showed that level of commitment, we'd be ranked with WI/NZ/SL with the players we have right now. OK maybe not quite that good given our bowling woes, but about there. Their bowlers are pretty good, but their batting is woeful barring Taylor, Williams, Taibu who doesn't play anymore.

Now if they had Balance, Ervine Sr, and others they'd probably be as good as WI.

That being said as the last 4 tests between us shows said, ZIM are still good enough to take advantage of us beating ourselves. But if we actually play to potential for once, we'd win comfortably in ZIM and obliterate them at home.

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah agree the zim team bar a couple of players aren't that talented, but they know how to compete despite this which is why they are competitive.

Rifat
November 2, 2014, 06:13 PM
Three Batsmen we must keep quiet:

Hamilton Masakadza
Brendan Taylor
Sikandar Raza

cricbook
November 2, 2014, 06:20 PM
If I see musy win the toss today.... I will know... We r going to have series dinner. BD NEED TO BAT FIRST FOR SEAL THE TEST.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 06:22 PM
Yeah agree the zim team bar a couple of players aren't that talented, but they know how to compete despite this which is why they are competitive.

I'm excited about a couple of youngsters coming up...Welch and Burl. They'd have more but they leave the country as soon as they turn 18.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 07:06 PM
The current Zim team are not that talented to be honest. They do give it their all on the field. If our boys showed that level of commitment, we'd be ranked with WI/NZ/SL with the players we have right now. OK maybe not quite that good given our bowling woes, but about there. Their bowlers are pretty good, but their batting is woeful barring Taylor, Williams, Taibu who doesn't play anymore.

Now if they had Balance, Ervine Sr, and others they'd probably be as good as WI.

That being said as the last 4 tests between us shows said, ZIM are still good enough to take advantage of us beating ourselves. But if we actually play to potential for once, we'd win comfortably in ZIM and obliterate them at home.

That's true. If their players hadn't left, they'd be a much better team by now. Definitely a team that would be on the level of WI and NZ. Instead they're relying a lot on inconsistent players barring a few. I do give them a lot of credit for the way they still fight in every match that they play.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 07:37 PM
Yes but rubel is the worst of the lot, it's quite clear now, of course he could turn it around but he's been given 20 test matches, that's enough to prove himself and to show he's improving. Robiul, shafiul, abul would all be better picks atm, taskin as well but he can't even stay on the park unfortunately. Al Amin hasn't been threatening either, just shows that even if your are ok in shorter formats doesn't mean you'll transfer it to the longer format. Actually would be better to pick any pace prospect instead of continuing with rubel.

They're all the same IMO. The only pacers that were really Test level were Mash and Shahadat. We know what happened to Mash and Shahadat had the goods but lacked the discipline.

Robiul looked promising but recently showed he wasn't fit enough.

Our pacers can hold up okay in ODIs but in Tests they become useless. It's a systematic problem. Our pacers just don't bowl enough long spells and hence they all have horrific averages. They just aren't conditioned to bowl in Tests. Hate to say this but I've just accepted the fact that our pacers will just make up the numbers but not do much.

Rifat
November 2, 2014, 07:42 PM
They're all the same IMO. The only pacers that were really Test level were Mash and Shahadat. We know what happened to Mash and Shahadat had the goods but lacked the discipline.

Robiul looked promising but recently showed he wasn't fit enough.

Our pacers can hold up okay in ODIs but in Tests they become useless. It's a systematic problem. Our pacers just don't bowl enough long spells and hence they all have horrific averages. They just aren't conditioned to bowl in Tests

Part of the reason is that in domestic cricket our SLA's clean up the opposition most of the times before our pacers can have any time to hit the deck hard and bowl close to 20 overs.

In addition, we only play a handful of first class games in domestic cricket.

Rifat
November 2, 2014, 07:58 PM
My Lineup + Strategy for this Test:

1. Tamim
2. Shamsur
3. Mominul Haque
4. Mahmudullah Riyad
5. Mushfiqur Rahim(c)(wk)
6. Shakib
7. Enamul Haque Bijoy
8. Shuvagato Hom/(Robiul Islam if fit)
9. Taijul Islam
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Jubair Hossain

Enamul Bijoy should keep in the 2nd and third session and Mushfiqur Should keep in the first session if we field first. Mushfiqur may be better choice as a keeper when Zimbabwean spinners are bowling..

Mushfiq should bat at #4 or #5, Most of our players struggle early on that's why they prefer to bat late in the order. Besides Tamim we do not really have genuine openers(he is 50/50 most of the time anyways).

If we survive the new ball challenge without losing our key batsmen early then we should look to post a solid total.(is 350 too much to ask?)

Doesn't need to be said but bat first.

Donal C
November 2, 2014, 08:17 PM
Part of the reason is that in domestic cricket our SLA's clean up the opposition most of the times before our pacers can have any time to hit the deck hard and bowl close to 20 overs.

How many FC games does each side play??

Faisal
November 2, 2014, 08:23 PM
let the game begin ;)

Rifat
November 2, 2014, 08:42 PM

my best guess is around close to 10 per year( and that too only certain players) like A team or national team bound players

Jadukor
November 2, 2014, 09:09 PM
Mushfiq seems happy that the wicket wont be like Dhaka. He is happy that the wicket wont have pace and bounce. If our batsman cannot handle zimbabwe pacers at home I wonder what the plan is for the worldcup.

cricketboy
November 2, 2014, 09:16 PM
Mushfiq seems happy that the wicket wont be like Dhaka. He is happy that the wicket wont have pace and bounce. If our batsman cannot handle zimbabwe pacers at home I wonder what the plan is for the worldcup.

Forget world cup, lets concentrate on this series. :ohno:

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 09:35 PM

I agree. As long as changes aren't made in our FC setup, our pace situation will be the same

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 09:48 PM

Current setup 10-11. 8 team round Robin NCL plus round robin BCL with a one off final. They should make the BCL two rounds which makes it 13-14 games.

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 10:05 PM
Here we go.

We bat. We are 0/1. Tamim might as well not bat. Why bother. Zim bowlers are ordinary.

Moh899
November 2, 2014, 10:06 PM
wtf rubel playing? no ****ing way!

Rinathq
November 2, 2014, 10:08 PM
dissapointed with the XI. I think Rubel will perform well but that still doesnt change the fact that he the worst seamer we have for test cricket

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 10:10 PM
Should have picked shafiul over rubel

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 10:16 PM
Rubel! Rubel!

Wunderbar! Ich bin sehr gl├╝cklich :)

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 10:18 PM
Homie is getting a match. Selectors are sticking with him. Not a bad idea.

Shartaz
November 2, 2014, 10:19 PM
any links?

hoodlum
November 2, 2014, 10:20 PM
HOM again...

BD Tigers
November 2, 2014, 10:21 PM
so they didn't pick Anamul? Why so much fuss about him last few days then?

Ashfaq
I don't understand the team selection. If Anamul is not in the XI, then he shouldn't have been pulled out of the tour he was in. It would have given him a chance to figure out 'how to not score ducks every freakin time' outside the limelight.

And Rubel? Really??

mufi_02
Rubel! Rubel!

Wunderbar! Ich bin sehr gl├╝cklich :)

Mane ki? Apni onek bhinno bashay kotha bolen. Bujhte hobe amra onekei eto smart nah

mufi_02
November 2, 2014, 10:23 PM
Link please. Thanks

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 10:25 PM
Mane ki? . Bujhte hobe amra onekei eto smart nah

Apnar avvy dekhe to amar ta mone hoi na!

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 10:26 PM
howyar iz the enamul? koi gelo beta...that chicken. "keno hajar hajar batsman ase jader footwork kharap koi...tara to aat hajar run thiki korlo...tader gutan na kan" -Anamuol

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 10:26 PM
http://www.bdlivezone.com/Live-TV-Channels/Bangla/Gazi-TV-GTV-bangla-live.html

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 10:27 PM
Good that they are sticking with selections, you have to give players a fair go, for most it takes time to adjust and they're going to need a few matches to do it. Rubel has had too many chances though, shouldn't still be picking him, shamsur needs to start making some more good scores or his spot should be in question. This gives time for anamul to work on his footwork, if he's taking the #7 spot he should be keeping as it would seriously improve the teams batting if mushy only had to worry about batting and could bat higher up so if another keeper is playing they should be keeping unless they are good enough to take a spot in the top 5 (if they bat 6 or lower they should keep).

BD Tigers
November 2, 2014, 10:35 PM
1st run for BD come from Tamim...jaak 0 mare nai...wheeewww!!!!

cricbook
November 2, 2014, 10:36 PM
Finally musy did his main job... Bd won the toss & batting. But I'm confused about team selection.... What is hom doing there??? Why not anam or aiyub?

Night_wolf
November 2, 2014, 10:37 PM
tamim out hoynai akhono??

cricbook
November 2, 2014, 10:41 PM
Bd should score 400 here...fair Looking pitch. I belive Tamim knocking his final door ... Otherwise he gotta go.

NoName
November 2, 2014, 10:42 PM
Man all that hype for Anamul....instead we get Rubel... sure got trolled :lol:

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 10:49 PM
chiiiiiil :facepalm:

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 10:52 PM
First solid looking shot from Tamim.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 10:55 PM
Good that they are sticking with selections, you have to give players a fair go, for most it takes time to adjust and they're going to need a few matches to do it. Rubel has had too many chances though, shouldn't still be picking him, shamsur needs to start making some more good scores or his spot should be in question. This gives time for anamul to work on his footwork, if he's taking the #7 spot he should be keeping as it would seriously improve the teams batting if mushy only had to worry about batting and could bat higher up so if another keeper is playing they should be keeping unless they are good enough to take a spot in the top 5 (if they bat 6 or lower they should keep).

True. Ideal situation Hom should get 3 tests in a row (more than what Anamul got) tho I never backed his selection to begin with. If he fails 6 times in a row we must look elsewhere.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 10:55 PM
Zimbabwean pacers bowling well here. Tamim and Shamsur need to hold their nerve

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 11:00 PM
Review on shamsur

BD Tigers
November 2, 2014, 11:02 PM
cant believe how Tamim ran that last run..still not sliding the bat...unbelievable...

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 11:02 PM
Shamsur running out of opportunities

Night_wolf
November 2, 2014, 11:03 PM
Lol DRS..the one thing we cried for is kicking us!

NoName
Lol....

Gowza
Come on mominul

Zeeshan
outtttt :(

BD Tigers
DRS is working against us...koti taka wk kintase Zimbabwe....lol :D

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:04 PM
Shamsurs forward defence is weak. I dont understand the practice of defending with a turned face of the bat. One should present the full face, pointing towards the umpire.

Tiger444
That was a very good delivery by Chigumbura

Zeeshan
this pitch has enough movement and swing than orphy's gay pride parade

roman
Bring back Imrul. .Idea for a new thread

NaveedMR
November 2, 2014, 11:05 PM
there goes shuvo, but im actually okay with the lineup. If robiul is not available

RazabQ
November 2, 2014, 11:05 PM
That was a wicked inswinger!

Rana Melb
November 2, 2014, 11:12 PM
Shuru hoilo...thanks to shamsu lovers!

22Yards
November 2, 2014, 11:12 PM
It is so surprising to see mominul so confident starting his test innings but is exactly the opposite when he starts his odi innings. The opposite is usual for most people.

Night_wolf
November 2, 2014, 11:14 PM
It is so surprising to see mominul so confident starting his test innings but is exactly the opposite when he starts his odi innings. The opposite is usual for most people.

same with HaBa

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 11:14 PM
Shamsurs forward defence is weak. I dont understand the practice of defending with a turned face of the bat. One should present the full face, pointing towards the umpire.

That. He really isn't an opener. He is looking to score runs on his leg while the ball is doing quite a bit. Simply has no idea about the role of an opener. Momin, on the other hand, offers a full face. Buka isnt smart enough to pick it up.

Night_wolf
November 2, 2014, 11:15 PM
we are basically 2 down..tamim kichukhon er modhei biriani khete jabe

jeesh
November 2, 2014, 11:16 PM
Pathetic we dont have a batsman who can see out the new ball. Even Javed Omar would have served our purpose better than many of these guys.

Ashfaq
Chigu really seaming it up there. Lovely seam positions and really good late movement. Would have enjoyed it more had it not been against BD.

Rifat
lol@ bangladeshi polapain with zimbabwe flag @ stadium

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 11:17 PM
Who was that chick they showed a while ago? That was better than this test match so far.

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 11:19 PM
If Shamsur fails next match(which is likely) then give LKD or Shadman a chance. They really can't do worse

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 11:19 PM
We have 6 batsman only. Hom has an average of 7 and is at 7.

NaveedMR
November 2, 2014, 11:20 PM
Who was that chick they showed a while ago? That was better than this test match so far.

Must have gotten up at 5 in the morning to get through the make-ups

BD Tigers
November 2, 2014, 11:20 PM
i like the way Dev Whatmore analyzed the out of Shamsur...where is his head at the time impact...

Rifat
November 2, 2014, 11:21 PM
Pathetic we dont have a batsman who can see out the new ball. Even Javed Omar would have served our purpose better than many of these guys.

that's exactly why i liked him

iDumb

just an average female ...it show what its like of being a woman in bd .. imagine we did 10 hours walking in dhaka wearing shaari.... god help us.

i like her reaction though...very casual...

Tiger444
i like the way Dev Whatmore analyzed the out of Shamsur...where is his head at the time impact...

Same here. His analysis was spot on

22Yards
November 2, 2014, 11:22 PM
Shamsur may be too weak to even open for odis. I have no idea why the selectors opted for him to open in tests. Lack of openers played a part of course. I wonder who will put his hand up for number 2 or we keep rotating shamsur, anamul and imrul ?

Zeeshan

Her name is Wayoutofurleague

iDumb
Must have gotten up at 5 in the morning to get through the make-ups

yes so did all the fans that painted their face...whats your point?

Ashfaq
Dav Whatmore is an awesome commentator. Specially when contrasted with fails like Shamim.

Gowza
Nice shot

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 11:23 PM
Shamsur may be too weak to even open for odis. I have no idea why the selectors opted for him to open in tests. Lack of openers played a part of course. I wonder who will put his hand up for number 2 or we keep rotating shamsur, anamul and imrul ?

LKD and shadman next in line

One World
November 2, 2014, 11:24 PM
Audacious :four: by TI

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:25 PM
Naveed mister bhai ki naveed mahbub bhai naki?

iDumb
November 2, 2014, 11:25 PM
Dav Whatmore is an awesome commentator. Specially when contrasted with fails like Shamim.

agreed... he is natural... he was a good coach too

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 11:27 PM
Great shot mominul

One World
C,mon Mominul

Zeeshan
Shamim sir has this condescending chuckle sometimes that really p.o-s me

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:28 PM
agreed... he is natural... he was a good coach too

Why the past tense? I'm sure Dav is a kick@ss coach still.

One World
November 2, 2014, 11:29 PM
Why play Shuvo, when you have Imrul?

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:29 PM
idumb obviously meant he "was" BD's good coach.

Jadukor
November 2, 2014, 11:30 PM
That is a very long tail starting with Hom.

Gowza
Mominul playing well

One World
:four: more

NaveedMR
November 2, 2014, 11:31 PM
Naveed mister bhai ki naveed mahbub bhai naki?
I wish bhai, the only celebrity here is you :)

yes so did all the fans that painted their face...whats your point?

To a certain degree, she was inviting the reactions. If you are not seeking approval or want validation, you cant find it in you to make this big an effort. And that applies to boys too.

Zeeshan
Respected BC members: Are there any fast link that doesn't lag?

cricketboy
I really fear for Shamsur's career. I think it will end pretty soon at least in test and ODIs.

Ashfaq
After a long time, it looks Tamim has a strategy. He may not have looked confortable, but his stay so far didn't look like a brainless exercise in futility.

kalpurush
November 2, 2014, 11:32 PM
If Shamsur fails next match(which is likely) then give LKD or Shadman a chance. They really can't do worse

Then, after next match, HaBa will say, If Shamsur fails next match...then Nannu will say...If Shamsur fails next match...then...

Faruq will say...If Shamsur fails next match..

Only GOD knows how long the cycle will continue!!!:facepalm:

One World
November 2, 2014, 11:33 PM
Jolpaan korte gelo naki??

Zeeshan
Tamim needs a good partner to protect him from the new ball in the first few overs. Kayes was a good support, Anamul could've been one, but this Shamsur dude is a flop.

al Furqaan
Gowza, are you a straight up Aussie...or a Bengali expat living down under?

cricketboy
November 2, 2014, 11:34 PM
I was watching the duleep trophy final and all their batsman were better than Shamsur and Hom.

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:34 PM
I wish bhai, the only celebrity here is you :)

To a certain degree, she was inviting the reactions. If you are not seeking approval or want validation, you cant find it in you to make this big an effort. And that applies to boys too.

Bro, such an issue deserves detailed and layered discussion. Match thread is really not a place to do that.

For the record: I completely disagree with your view that a presentable person is looking for approval/attention.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 11:35 PM
Her name is Wayoutofurleague

Just went out and got a ring...she's gonna be mine punk!

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:36 PM

uh-oh....first move :clap:

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 11:36 PM
Then, after next match, HaBa will say, If Shamsur fails next match...then Nannu will say...If Shamsur fails next match...then...

Faruq will say...If Shamsur fails next match..

Only GOD knows how long the cycle will continue!!!:facepalm:

To be fair, even though I wasn't very excited about him getting another chance this series but he did average a 34 going in to this series. And with the dire situation of our openers, I could understand giving him another shot this series but he's failed unfortunately. Time to look elsewhere if he fails again

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:37 PM
Panyangara is rubbing the ball on someone elses inner thigh. Fairly odd indeed.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 11:38 PM
just an average female ...it show what its like of being a woman in bd .. imagine we did 10 hours walking in dhaka wearing shaari.... god help us.

i like her reaction though...very casual...

Orphy you should wear a Shari around queensbridge, bed-stuy, and east new york for 10 hrs!

Gowza

Aussie mate

NaveedMR
Bro, such an issue deserves detailed and layered discussion. Match thread is really not a place to do that.

For the record: I completely disagree with your view that a presentable person is looking for approval/attention.

Yes bhai I agree this is not the place, we will have a layered discussion some other time :)

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:39 PM
Aussie mate

Can't believe I forgot that. It has been a long time.

al Furqaan
November 2, 2014, 11:40 PM
Aussie mate

How'd you get to be so passionate about BD? I've been on the zim forum and 80% of their posters/posts are non-zimmers! Im American but my parents are from Bangladeshi so I've got roots...

iDumb
November 2, 2014, 11:41 PM

you sound like a smart guy but dont go down to this slippery slope line ... i personally dont think she was inviting anything... she is out in public and should be presentable ... what do u think is an uninviting look?

though she took the reaction with celebrity like coolness, it is still however very primitive reaction... a whole stadium whistling to one woman who is here to watch cricket says a lot about us...

ok off from this tooic..no more in match thread

tonoy
Dhut bhai era boundary mare na kan?

BanCricFan
Bowden is a joke. Dar is the real deal. Since Bird or Sheperds I don't think there has been any better ump than Aleem Dar.

Bowden panders to the big boards.

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:43 PM
Now I am curious. Anyone has her screenshot? I missed it. Shiponda?

Gowza
How'd you get to be so passionate about BD? I've been on the zim forum and 80% of their posters/posts are non-zimmers! Im American but my parents are from Bangladeshi so I've got roots...

Well watched BD in the 99 World Cup then test status came and been a fan since then

One World
:) I think I know who Gowza is

kalpurush
To be fair, even though I wasn't very excited about him getting another chance this series but he did average a 34 going in to this series. And with the dire situation of our openers, I could understand giving him another shot this series but he's failed unfortunately. Time to look elsewhere if he fails again

Mate, I am not against him or any other player to give more chances to find themselves out. But, it seems that Shamsur lacks motivation/effort, at least to me.

One World
November 2, 2014, 11:44 PM
:four: :four: :four:

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:44 PM
Dhut bhai era boundary mare na kan?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/29081119.jpg

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 11:45 PM
Mate, I am not against him or any other player to give more chances to find themselves out. But, it seems that Shamsur lacks motivation/effort, at least to me.

He looked great during his early ODI chances and during the BPL but I must say he's looked for the most part awful, similar to junaid, initially junaid looked very good.

One World
November 2, 2014, 11:46 PM
^or even hitting a cricket will do enough :D

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:47 PM
600 looms!

Ashfaq
Bowden is a joke. Dar is the real deal. Since Bird or Sheperds I don't think there has been any better ump than Aleem Dar.

Bowden panders to the big boards.

How about Simon Toufel? I havent watched a more competent umpire. I would rate him definitely better than Daar.

al Furqaan
That was a really bad ball from chats and equally good of TI to put it away. Both batters struggling for timing. Must be a really slow track.

Gorgeous shot for 2!

Tiger444

hard to tell what's been wrong with Shamsur. He has failed to learn from his mistakes which definitely is frustrating but unfortunately is the case with most of our players

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:48 PM
ronjit kemon jani

mufi_02
I think Tamim has Asthma

al Furqaan
Well watched BD in the 99 World Cup then test status came and been a fan since then

Well welcome to insanity!

What about IRE and AFG? And BD vs AUS...who gonna pull for?

NoName
November 2, 2014, 11:49 PM

Wow....That is impressive, even BDeshis have a hard time trying to follow BD cricket let alone a non-BDeshi:notworthy:

Tiger444
November 2, 2014, 11:51 PM
Gowza has to take the cake as the most passionate non-Bangladeshi fan of Bangladesh on this board. He's stuck by the team a lot more than a lot of Bangladeshi fans

Gowza
November 2, 2014, 11:51 PM
Well welcome to insanity!

What about IRE and AFG? And BD vs AUS...who gonna pull for?

Well I want Ireland and Afghanistan to do well and want them to get test status but they're really just like any team, I'm a fan of cricket in general. BD vs Aus gets interesting haha, I'm happy whichever the result goes to be honest

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:52 PM
Wow....That is impressive, even BDeshis have a hard time trying to follow BD cricket let alone a non-BDeshi:notworthy:

I would argue that an aussie would have an easier time following BD due to a lack of emotional baggage.

iDumb
November 2, 2014, 11:52 PM
i dont beliebe gowza, need more proof. show us ur fb pic. why would an aussie without bangla roots be in a forum with all bangalis for 9k posts.... ppl that like cricket dont follow bd cricket, cuz bd dont play cricket they play danguli version of it...

BanCricFan
November 2, 2014, 11:53 PM
Tamim seems to be in. So, anytime is a good time now to throw his wicket. Then grab a "bite" and something to inflate his lungs with while putting his feet up for the day.

Zeeshan
November 2, 2014, 11:53 PM
i pronounce gowza as in gau-zaa!

NoName
November 2, 2014, 11:55 PM
I would argue that an aussie would have an easier time following BD due to a lack of emotional baggage.

Think about it this way, you are used to watching great Aussie players from the 90s and early 2000s....and then you see BD play :lol:
Most people hate that fact BD even plays test cricket, so its surprising.

iDumb
November 2, 2014, 11:57 PM
gouza if u dont wanna show ur fb pic then show us ur gfs pic, if she is pretty then u are not bangali....if she is ugly then u bangali pretending to be aussie....

One World
November 2, 2014, 11:58 PM
:four: uppish

Ashfaq
November 2, 2014, 11:59 PM
gouza if u dont wanna show ur fb pic then show us ur gfs pic, if she is pretty then u are not bangali....if she is ugly then u bangali pretending to be aussie....

Dude stop being creepy.

Zeeshan
November 3, 2014, 12:00 AM

I will show you my gfs pic. She is pretty too and I am Bengali. I asked her out and she said yes. So technically she is my gf?

Tiger444
Think about it this way, you are used to watching great Aussie players from the 90s and early 2000s....and then you see BD play :lol:
Most people hate that fact BD even plays test cricket, so its surprising.

Most of those fans are Indians and Pakistanis. There might be some English or Aussies that are not fans of BD but I've seen them being nicer about Bangladesh

One World
What that elephant :lol:

MHRAM
November 3, 2014, 12:01 AM
Bangladesh in total control so far. Pitch is supposed to offer a lot of turn for the spinners but Zimbabwe has played a debutant as a spinner, while the likes of Raza are simply nothing special.

Zeeshan
Dude stop being creepy.

I know. Let's rather discuss Tamim's fluent 21 off 61 for a match winning knock.

BanCricFan
How about Simon Toufel? I havent watched a more competent umpire. I would rate him definitely better than Daar.

The very little I have seen of Simon he struck me as a very competent umpire, indeed. But, I haven't seen any better than Daar in today's circuit. Then again I don't get to see much nowadays.

MHRAM
November 3, 2014, 12:02 AM
Dude stop being creepy.

LOL

this is simply trademark comment from iDumb bro. I used to find him weird in the earlier days but these days I try to have a good laugh

One World
November 3, 2014, 12:03 AM
I hope we end up with an elephantine score as well ;)

mufi_02
The very little I have seen of Simon he struck me as a very competent umpire, indeed. But, I haven't seen any better than Daar in today's circuit. Then again I don't get to see much nowadays.

I think Sharafadoullah Saikat has a good future

Ashfaq
I know. Let's rather discuss Tamim's fluent 21 off 61 for a match winning knock.

There is a third option called being silent.

Zeeshan
November 3, 2014, 12:04 AM
I wonder if Mominul is an opener material.

Gowza
I wonder if Mominul is an opener material.

Was wondering that earlier as well

Ashfaq
LOL

this is simply trademark comment from iDumb bro. I used to find him weird in the earlier days but these days I try to have a good laugh

His brand of humor is an acquired taste, which I seem to have lost :facepalm:

NoName
November 3, 2014, 12:05 AM
You guys are too much :lol:

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 12:07 AM
Mominul is not opener material. And the Zim bowlers and fielders really being disciplined. It's a cat and mouse game going on. 8 fielders on the offside and most deliveries on the 4th or 5th stump

Gowza
November 3, 2014, 12:09 AM
Mominul is not opener material. And the Zim bowlers and fielders really being disciplined. It's a cat and mouse game going on. 8 fielders on the offside and most deliveries on the 4th or 5th stump

But in the BD context...would he be better than the other opening options...

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 12:09 AM
BTW, if I hear another comments along the lines of "so-and-so" invited the catcalls being dressing x-y-z I might hand a ban. What are we animals? We cannot resist if someone has decent looks?

One World
November 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
what a shot.

iDumb
finally a 4444

RazabQ
Shamsul is playing unsure. He is having Hathura changing his technique and so he's unsure. He's got a decent eye and fabulous hands. I saw we persevere with him. Let him figure it out. He's better than KaEdge.

One World
November 3, 2014, 12:11 AM
50 up for BD.

BanCricFan
November 3, 2014, 12:14 AM
I think Sharafadoullah Saikat has a good future

Chowdhury Sharafatullah Jaffarat belongs to only one place: circus.
Has he taken up umpiring now, too?

Zeeshan
November 3, 2014, 12:15 AM

Apparently there ARE some places where you don't have authoritative expert opinions.

:-|

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharfuddoula

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:15 AM

Epic fail bro.

Sharfudollah is an up and coming umpire.

Zeeshan
November 3, 2014, 12:18 AM
acha amra shobai ojotha chete jachi kano....

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:19 AM
^ What's the point of being on the internet if can't be unreasonably angry and shout all the time?

One World
November 3, 2014, 12:20 AM
50 Partnership

NoName
November 3, 2014, 12:25 AM
This Waller guy has played 9 test matches without getting a wicket yet!

Gowza
November 3, 2014, 12:26 AM
This Waller guy has played 9 test matches without getting a wicket yet!

He's not meant to be a bowler though

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:26 AM
The leggie is getting a lot of grip and turn from the pitch. Looking forward to see Jubair bowl.

BanCricFan
November 3, 2014, 12:27 AM
BTW, if I hear another comments along the lines of "so-and-so" invited the catcalls being dressing x-y-z I might hand a ban. What are we animals? We cannot resist if someone has decent looks?

Technically, we are talking animals (haiwaan an-naatiq) :)

But, the fact that a BC "mullah" has started all this with his "chic" remark is quite discomforting. Not cool at all.

Btw, who is this individual that attracted such commotion? Its not cricket. ;)

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:27 AM
He's not meant to be a bowler though

I always though he's a one day container and a very useful batsman in the middle order.

mufi_02
November 3, 2014, 12:28 AM
Dhuro bhabsilam lunch er agey riyad er flashing batting ektu dekhbo

Zeeshan
November 3, 2014, 12:28 AM
If truth be told, I see nothing wrong with NaveedMR comments. idumb was simply twisting it and putting more focus than it deserved. He said "inviting reactions" NOT being "inviting." Big difference in my opinion and we also have a tendency to bully the newcomers.

Gowza
November 3, 2014, 12:29 AM
I always though he's a one day container and a very useful batsman in the middle order.

I consider him a batsman who bowls part time

BanCricFan
November 3, 2014, 12:31 AM
Apparently there ARE some places where you don't have authoritative expert opinions.

:-|

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharfuddoula

Not so fast, Gopal. Check out the way I have spelled his name. :waiting:

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:32 AM
I consider him a batsman who bowls part time

Yeah, Kinda like Mahmudullah.

When asked to shoulder our spin department (in WI), Mahmudullah not only bowled much better than anybody can ask of him, he also found his groove as a batsman.

Lets see if Zimbabwes gamble with waller pays off.

Tiger444
November 3, 2014, 12:33 AM
Good batting by both. Need to continue the good work after lunch tho

Gowza
November 3, 2014, 12:33 AM
Yeah, Kinda like Mahmudullah.

When asked to shoulder our spin department (in WI), Mahmudullah not only bowled much better than anybody can ask of him, he also found his groove as a batsman.

Lets see if Zimbabwes gamble with waller pays off.

I suspect riyad is a better bowler than Waller....

kalpurush
November 3, 2014, 12:37 AM

That's a fact IMHO! :)

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 12:38 AM
egula ki test batting dekchi. eto boring kan vai? Shakib kokhon aibo?

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:39 AM
Not bad an effort so far from our top order. Contrasted with the utter nightmare of that bleak Dhaka innings, we are in a better position than I expected. The post lunch session is going to be crucial. It's important that the batsmen on the crease score some runs so that a heavier push can be applied at the post-tea session. After all, all the good works of the morning session can be undone pretty quickly if the current batsmen get out soon after resumption.

MHRAM
November 3, 2014, 12:39 AM
Successful session for us. We lost Shamsu but he is a walking wicket on any day.

The two in pitch look solid and they should try to bat out the the next sessions and start to be a bit more aggressive starting from the 50th over. I want our boys to score a bit of runs before the new ball is taken.

jeesh
November 3, 2014, 12:41 AM
We need to bat out two days. This will lead to three things

1) Big first innings total; maybe negate the need to bat again
2) With 3 days left, the maximum damage Zim can do is a draw
3) Zimbabwe bat in 3rd, 4th, 5th day when the ball should turn the most.

So if they are playing slow, dont mind as long as they dont lose wickets.

betaar

Opener or not he pretty much opens in almost all our inning after the moron Shamsur (feels like I am calling myself a name since he's my name sake) gets out having no clue. And since he's done a decent job, I would think he's an opener material for BD.

Ashfaq

I though that was obvious :). I was just comparing their respective rolls in their respective sides. Although, come to think of it, Chigumbura might be a better comparison in that regard.

MHRAM
November 3, 2014, 12:43 AM
egula ki test batting dekchi. eto boring kan vai? Shakib kokhon aibo?

Trust me that is the same thing going through our mind. But this is the kind of mindset that pegs us back. Now if the batsman take a risk, they might get out and that brings up a new batsman who will be new to the crease and will find it difficult at the begin. The point is, if you are set, you should look to bat for even longer and longer. The longer you stay in the crease, scoring oppurtunities will present itself especially with the batsman getting more accustomed to the track and bowlers being tired. Remember how threatening chiggy was looking with the new ball? After a while he will get tired and our batsman can take advantage of that.

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:43 AM
Opener or not he pretty much opens in almost all our inning after the moron Shamsur (feels like I am calling myself a name since he's my name sake) gets out having no clue. And since he's done a decent job, I would think he's an opener material for BD.

Don't fix what aint broke, mate.

No coach in their right mind would tinker with a batsman who averaged 54 in a rough year.

Also, if I remember correctly, similar experimentation with HaBa didn't pan out.

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 12:47 AM
But Betaar - consider how, even though India struggled with openers for a such a long time, they resisted the temptation to move Dravid to opener. Let's keep Mominul where he is. We gotta give Shamsur a decent run. Don't forget, he did score a century only 3 tests ago. After him, I'm curious as to how Soumya Sarkar is :)

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 12:48 AM
Ashfaq talking sense boy!

betaar
November 3, 2014, 12:51 AM
Don't fix what aint broke, mate.

No coach in their right mind would tinker with a batsman who averaged 54 in a rough year.

Also, if I remember correctly, similar experimentation with HaBa didn't pan out.

I think you are reading too much into this. I didn't say he should go open rather having a discussion whether he's got what it takes, at least for BD, to be an opener.

Haba and Mominul are two different players. One relied heavily on his hand eye coordination without much footwork and the other is more technically correct batsman at least in slow low BD pitches.

al Furqaan
November 3, 2014, 12:52 AM

He shouldn't even be playing at #3. He has always played at #4...averages 60+ there and suddenly moved there so that bekar Riyad can bat at 4. Kisher seniority? He averages less than half of Mominul make him bat out of position at 3. Anyways, Riyad has done well the last 3 tests in tough positions so beshi gaali dibu na...but anyone batting in the top 6 has to have the ability to score tons and Riyad keeps getting out at 50.

We need to be at 250-3 or better by stumps here. Long tail so the top need to get their s*** together.

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:55 AM
Checking in. 60 runs in 30 overs. SMH. No middle ground in this offense. Either score 6 RPO and lose all the wickets by lunch or bat like batting for a draw.

All things considered, I'd say this is the middle ground. If we were 25-1 (trust me, that has happened before), then we'd be batting for draw.

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 12:56 AM
Trust me that is the same thing going through our mind. But this is the kind of mindset that pegs us back. Now if the batsman take a risk, they might get out and that brings up a new batsman who will be new to the crease and will find it difficult at the begin. The point is, if you are set, you should look to bat for even longer and longer. The longer you stay in the crease, scoring oppurtunities will present itself especially with the batsman getting more accustomed to the track and bowlers being tired. Remember how threatening chiggy was looking with the new ball? After a while he will get tired and our batsman can take advantage of that.

Yes you are right MHRAM. These two played quite well this session. Truth be told, I was very surprised with the turn that the spinners extracted just before lunch. The good news is that the pitch is a slow one which should not really facilitate the spinners day one. I definitely believe the pitch will only get slower and lower on bounce as the game progresses. So it really was a great toss to win.

Ideally, any score above 350 is acceptable here. However, knowing the concentration lapses that occur with our batsmen, a more realistic target may be 300. The first two days are definitely the best days to bat on. From the looks of things, batsmen need a bit of time to adjust to the slow nature of the pitch, but once he does get used to the pace of the pitch, he should be able to score big here. But like I said knowing our batsmen...

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 12:59 AM
I think you are reading too much into this. I didn't say he should go open rather having a discussion whether he's got what it takes, at least for BD, to be an opener.

Haba and Mominul are two different players. One relied heavily on his hand eye coordination without much footwork and the other is more technically correct batsman at least in slow low BD pitches.

Oh, ok then.

Apparently, it doesn't take anything to be a BD opener since any old chump with a bit of willow in hand is considered for selection.

Technically, Mominul is much tighter in defense, and has better footwork than most of our opener. So he definitely has what it takes. But there are other options to explore in terms of opener before we think about Mominul.

BD_TigerZ
November 3, 2014, 01:03 AM
Link bhais? Just joined..

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 01:05 AM
Link bhais? Just joined..

kupai na ken? (http://www.bdlivezone.com/Live-TV-Channels/Bangla/Gazi-TV-GTV-bangla-live.html)

BanCricFan
November 3, 2014, 01:14 AM
After him, I'm curious as to how Soumya Sarkar is :)

And, after him, I'm curious as to how ChockMock Sen is :)

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 01:17 AM
This should be the best session to bat on for today as the early moisture is all but gone. Pacers should now be less threatening. By the way, could anyone explain why moisture on pitch tends to assist the pacers? I never understood the reasoning for it.

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 01:24 AM
That was plumb.

RazabQ
Mominul gets a life. Zim shoulda asked for a review on that.

NoName
Mominul got lucky

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 01:25 AM
in real time I think everyone thought it had drifted down leg

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 01:26 AM
Yeah, especially since M'(whatever) was getting awesome turn.

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 01:26 AM
i.e. pitched outside leg.

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 01:29 AM
Chumbawumba bowling the odd jaffa.

tonoy
pitches outside leg. :)

MHRAM
Even the bowler was not interested in the appeal. It was a rather subdued one.

MHRAM
November 3, 2014, 01:30 AM
Classy shot from Tamim Ordinary Iqbal!

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 01:31 AM
I think it is very unfair that balls pitching outside leg negates LBW. What's the justification? If the delivery is hitting the stumps and the Batsman fails to spot that, it's should be a dismissal.

RazabQ
I will say, this is the most disciplined I've seen TIK bat in a while. Been restrained on almost everything but has not missed out on a single half-volley or leg side bad ball.

tonoy
I gotta say I'm impressed with the discipline of the Zimbabwean pacers. No short pitched delivery at all. Just purely relying on the swing which seems to be still troubling our batsmen. Had this been Shahadat and Rubel :sick:

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 01:32 AM
Ashfaq I believe that law came out from the leg-side theory of Bodyline and was enacted to discourage bowlers from bowling merely to injure the batsman.

al Furqaan
November 3, 2014, 01:32 AM
in real time I think everyone thought it had drifted down leg

My feed sucks but it looked plumb. Which is why I thought Momin must a edged it AMD why they didn't review. Make up for all the dodgy calls Momin got in the WI.

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 01:35 AM
Asaad, just splurge the $15 and get Willow - that's 3 starbucks lattes boy!

al Furqaan
November 3, 2014, 01:35 AM
I gotta say I'm impressed with the discipline of the Zimbabwean pacers. No short pitched delivery at all. Just purely relying on the swing which seems to be still troubling our batsmen. Had this been Shahadat and Rubel :sick:

Shahadat should a had 4 wickets last game. 4-70 became 2-70. He bowled well. And raza was clueless against his short stuff. Copped on on the helmet.

Zim seamers make up with discipline but also look at the field Taylor gives them. Packed ring + slip cordon. Mushy sets a middle overs ODI field so of course our boys will go at 4 an over.

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 01:36 AM
Ashfaq I believe that law came out from the leg-side theory of Bodyline and was enacted to discourage bowlers from bowling merely to injure the batsman.

Well the restriction on field placing and number of bouncers should take care of bodyline.

At any-rate, I doubt legside bouncers at the batsman's ribs would have been considered LBW balls.

I think it comes from something much older. I remember that before Ranji came along, the legside was kinda like taboo. Batsman always scored on the offside and legside deliveried and runs were "just not cricket". May be this LBW rule is a remnant of that rule. Not really relevant or fair these days, IMHO.

al Furqaan
November 3, 2014, 01:38 AM
Asaad, just splurge the $15 and get Willow - that's 3 starbucks lattes boy!

Does it have view on demand? I will do willow once I get a little cash flow going. We actually had willow HD as part of dish's bangla pack but of course now that I'm back home we switched to uverse (which is great BTW).

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 01:41 AM
Shahadat should a had 4 wickets last game. 4-70 became 2-70. He bowled well. And raza was clueless against his short stuff. Copped on on the helmet.

Zim seamers make up with discipline but also look at the field Taylor gives them. Packed ring + slip cordon. Mushy sets a middle overs ODI field so of course our boys will go at 4 an over.

I think there is a stark contrast between the Mirpur pitch and this pitch. The Mirpur pitch had quite an uneven bounce which facilitates more for seam bowling than swing bowling. This pitch on contrast, has very little element for seam bowling especially with the slow nature of this pitch. From what I have seen of Shahadat for the last Eight years, something tells me he will not persist with the fuller length on this pitch for far too long.

al Furqaan
November 3, 2014, 01:41 AM
I will say, this is the most disciplined I've seen TIK bat in a while. Been restrained on almost everything but has not missed out on a single half-volley or leg side bad ball.

You must not have watched him bat much the past few years then. All of his fifties have been chancless and exemplary. Till he throws it away in the 60s, 70s, 80s. That's why I'm against dropping him so that we replace a 30 average underachiever with a 10 averaging loser.

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 01:43 AM
^^ True enough that Tamim isn't the swashbuckler we all expect him to be.

tonoy
November 3, 2014, 01:44 AM
Mominul gone.

RazabQ
November 3, 2014, 01:44 AM
Mominul's scratchy stay ends. He was constantly going hard at the ball and not coming to terms with the sluggishness. Departs to a c&B. Disappointing considering he got that life earlier.

Ashfaq
November 3, 2014, 01:45 AM
Lame dismissal from Mominul.

al Furqaan
November 3, 2014, 01:46 AM
I think there is a stark contrast between the Mirpur pitch and this pitch. The Mirpur pitch had quite an uneven bounce which facilitates more for seam bowling than swing bowling. This pitch on contrast, has very little element for seam bowling especially with the slow nature of this pitch. From what I have seen of Shahadat for the last Eight years, something tells me he will not persist with the fuller length on this pitch for far too long.

I was talking about support from the captain. Mushy has next to no idea on what sort of fields to set.

Mominul out and I'm shutting my stream off now. Not a bad innings, but should have been much bigger.