PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: ICC WC 2015 - Afghanistan vs. Bangladesh at Canberra, Australia; February the 18th, 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kalpurush
February 13, 2015, 07:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4ARmtpT.jpg
<A href="http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/">Match Info</A> <A href="http://www.manukaoval.com.au/">Venue</A> <A href="http://www.weatherzone.com.au/act/act/canberra/">Weather</A> <A href="http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/canberra">Time</A> <A href="http://www.espncricinfo.com/">Live Score</A> <A href="http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/squad/816431.html">the Tigers</A> <A href="http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/squad/814789.html">the Afghans</A> <A href="http://www.banglacricket.com/">BanglaCricket</A>

Match preview: rinathq

Alright... we are finally here. The long wait is over and we only have 4 days till Bangladesh faces Afghanistan in the first match for both teams in the 2015 WC. Preparations made us prepare for the worst, warmups have left us freezing, practice matches have given us fans a chance to practice controlling frustration. So what now? I guess we can start talking about our next home series as this campaign seems like a lost cause already. But wait, we are talking about Bangladesh and Bangladeshi fans. Half of the fans are still hoping for a quarter final contest and some of them are hoping for semis and finals (bless them). As for the team, well they have a habit of shocking us either in a good way or the bad. Here we are expecting Bangladesh to get humiliated but you never know.... they might be the one humiliating one of the opponents. And it helps when they get started against a rookie side in the competition.

I think its best if the boys can walk into the field feeling confident about themselves and not worry about beating a minnow side or the consequence of losing to them. Bangladesh is not a side than can perform with a bare minimum pressure. For players like Mashrafe, Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Riyad... it will be upto them to relax themselves and play their own game which is good enough to beat Afghanistan without any special effort. For the youngsters, it will be upto them to really fight it out with full energy and prove their talent which primarily why they are picked in the first place.

Afghanistan is a very dangerous side and if not stopped early enough can easily take away the game very quickly. They are bound to perform better than us in pressure situation than our mentally fragile players so the game cannot go down to the wire because Bangladesh has a far less chance of winning from there. If I were to describe Afghanistan team in one sentence, i would say, this is a side of aggressive batsmen and strong fast bowlers. this can be a very deadly combination in the Aussie conditions if both department clicks. But both factors has their negatives that go side by side. Aggressive batsmen means, restricting them from scoring by good fielding setup and a good bowling plan can see them throwing their wickets away. Strong fast bowlers mean they will hit the deck pretty hard and if the batsmen are smart enough, they can use the pace of the bowl to score lot of runs without any significant effort.

Afghanistan in past shown that they get carried away against spin and tried to punish every spinner. This is where Bangladesh benefited the last time they faced each other and despite the conditions, Bangladesh would hope that the spinners can bowl accurately to create some chances. Bangladeshi seamers even at their best cannot be trusted to take 10 wickets so cannot just rely on them to win matches. This will be a golden opportunity for Taijul or Arafat to perform at the big stage and they have the luxury of playing against a weaker side against spin. The goal should be to bowl them out as cheaply as possible and not rely on the batsmen to post or defend a big total.

Bangladesh with the talent being offered should have a cracker of a batting lineup. But our batsmen are like beauty with no brains. If they start quickly, wickets also fall in succession but if they start steady, wickets fall when they try accelerate. I am yet to discover the solution for our batting attack.

Finally, my preferred XI for the game...

Tamim
Soumya
Mushy
Riyad
Shakib
Anamul
Shabbir
Mashrafe
Arafat
Rubel
Taskin

Anamul cant open... just cant. I can write essays about why but I think by now we all know why. But I think he likes to hit so we can use him later on. As Nasir failed to convert his chances, I am willing to give Anamul a chance down the order and see how he plays. I think he will perform much better down the order where he can go strike strike and strike. Like I said before, the most technically proficient batsman of the team should play no.3 or 4 but not lower than that. As Riyad has settled with no.4.... Mushy should come out at 3 and build an innings. Rest fall into places automatically

Nadim
February 13, 2015, 07:44 PM
Bismillah...

Come on Tigers, Let's do this:fanflag:

BTW Only Afghan player I'm worried about is S. Zardan. Hamid Hassan is not the same bowler as he was before injury so we can take care of him. But Zardan will trouble us more than anyone else.

Night_wolf
February 13, 2015, 08:03 PM
Beginning of the humiliation

naim519
February 13, 2015, 08:07 PM
Eyes closedddd Lets see what happens

Vua
February 13, 2015, 08:11 PM
Loss on the cards. It's funny how we used to walk over Associate countries and now we consider them like bloody Australian team!

al Furqaan
February 13, 2015, 08:11 PM
Bismillahir rahmanir rahim!

mehedi
February 13, 2015, 08:16 PM
Bismillah... Let the game begin:flag::flag::flag:

Looking at last few games I think the playing eleven would be more or less like this

1 tamim
2 Bijoy
3 sorkar
4 Riyad
5 Sakib
6 Mushfiq
7 sabbir
8 mash
9 al Amin
10 taijul( I would take Nasir instead, as he, Riyad & sabbir can fill up the fifth bowler quota)
11 Taskin

Rifat
February 13, 2015, 09:08 PM
Good job Kalpurush bhai :) If anyone should open match thread's it's you ;)

Rifat
February 13, 2015, 09:17 PM
my Lineup for this match:

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Shakib-al-Hasan
4. Mahmuduallah Riyad
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Sabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Taijul Islam
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Taskin Ahmed

Shakib at #3 as we need quickfire runs at the top, Shakib is someone who is known to step up in big occasions so why not make the most of it. Riyad and Rahim can consolidate in case early collapse happens(which is about 90% of the time anyway regardless of who opens in top 3....). Nasir and Sabbir are potential finishers. Having three pacers will put less pressure on our spinners if the conditions do not favor them, at the same time we have Shakib, Riyad, and Taijul and Sabbir so that's plenty of spin options for ya. Soumya can also chip in but i wouldn't count on it....Expecting something in it for the pacers in this pitch....

Vepu
February 13, 2015, 09:18 PM
Bismillah... Let the game begin:flag::flag::flag:

Looking at last few games I think the playing eleven would be more or less like this

1 tamim
2 Bijoy
3 sorkar
4 Riyad
5 Sakib
6 Mushfiq
7 sabbir
8 mash
9 al Amin
10 taijul( I would take Nasir instead, as he, Riyad & sabbir can fill up the fifth bowler quota)
11 Taskin

There is no way we are going without rubel. Al amin has to sit down

Rana Melb
February 13, 2015, 10:29 PM
I know people has different opinions. But I think this is the probable playing 11

Tamim
Anamul
Sarker
Riad
Shakib
Mushi
Shabbir
Mash
Taijul
Rubel
Taskin

Personally I would play Mushi at number 5 and Anamul in number 3.The way Shakib is batting nowadays number 6 is ideal position for him.

shabbir
February 13, 2015, 10:34 PM
First game may change full complexion of our WC.Inshallah we will win.

bujhee kom
February 13, 2015, 11:12 PM
Khela besh jomey uthuk ei asha rakhi....

Rana Melb
February 14, 2015, 03:51 AM
We should bat first.

Hawk-Eye
February 14, 2015, 04:10 AM
We can't just lose to Afghanistan. Go tiger go...

Shehwar
February 14, 2015, 05:28 AM
I'm so nervous about this match! We badly need to win this to have any hope of reaching the q/f

iDumb
February 14, 2015, 06:11 AM
Guys have no fear... We will crush Afghanistan. You guys are worried for no reason. BD should pack their bags and go home if they are afraid of losing to afg.

THis will be a very one side match with BD winning by either >5 wickets or >100 runs. I am willing to bet money on it.

BANFAN
February 14, 2015, 06:56 AM
Guys have no fear... We will crush Afghanistan. You guys are worried for no reason. BD should pack their bags and go home if they are afraid of losing to afg.

THis will be a very one side match with BD winning by either >5 wickets or >100 runs. I am willing to bet money on it.

Ya, me too ... Ready to bet on the same side :lol:

Here, Caution is Turning into Fear :)

tanvir_nus
February 14, 2015, 07:36 AM
Will be there live to witness it.

Will cheer and motivate the team.

Equinox
February 14, 2015, 07:47 AM
Just beat the associates, please. :facepalm:

Rana Melb
February 14, 2015, 07:50 AM
Yay my bd jersey has arrived... :) looks ok.

Rifat
February 14, 2015, 08:24 AM
If Mahmudullah is bowling well, he should be given the full 10 overs.

simon
February 14, 2015, 08:32 AM
Allah tumi amader jitaya dao, amra shonkhay beshi jodio namaz amra Afgun der cheye ektu kom pori.
shobai Allah Allah koren
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Moh899
February 14, 2015, 09:08 AM
Allah rokkha koira amader!

bujhee kom
February 14, 2015, 10:52 AM
Allah Apni amader somosto path-ghaat, rasta, journey, exam, porikkhar proshno etc. khub sohoj koira den - ar amader opponent/sotrur jonno sob kichu khub Kothin koira den!

Allah apni amader sohaiota koren, borkot den jatey koira amra durgom sagor/doriya ek bash-er bhanga shako diya very easily paara-par hoiya jaitey pari - ar amder sotrura jatey panitey poira hau mau koira kandey!

zman
February 14, 2015, 10:57 AM
hahaha...ameen

weekyd
February 14, 2015, 11:46 AM
The afghan bowling unit is quite decent. One of them regularly bowls above 140kph. I hope our players take this match seriously. They tend to be complacent when it comes to associates. This is a must win game for us.

Best of luck Tigers!

zman
February 14, 2015, 12:19 PM
They should not be taken too lightly or too seriously - neither approach works for us. If we treat it as just another game, focus on our strengths and not fall prey to our weaknesses we should be able to play to our potential and beat them easily.

shajib14
February 14, 2015, 12:23 PM
Ameen:)

Tausif
February 14, 2015, 01:34 PM
If Afghan has fast bowlers bowling above 140 regularly then we also have Taskin Ahmed who can do just the same. Bring it on boys. Let's make this a good game, for us :)

My XI
Tamim Iqbal
Anamul Haque
Soumya Sarkar
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Sabbir Rahman
Mashrafe Mortaza
Arafat Sunny
Rubel Hossain
Taskin Ahmed

Faisal
February 14, 2015, 03:50 PM
I have a feeling that Bangladesh will lose all 6 games :/

Han.has
February 14, 2015, 03:51 PM
We will win InshAllah

godzilla
February 14, 2015, 04:48 PM
ill be happy with the 2 wins against associates. extra wins against g8 would be a miracle.

al Furqaan
February 14, 2015, 05:49 PM
If Afghan has fast bowlers bowling above 140 regularly then we also have Taskin Ahmed who can do just the same. Bring it on boys. Let's make this a good game, for us :)

My XI
Tamim Iqbal
Anamul Haque
Soumya Sarkar
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Sabbir Rahman
Mashrafe Mortaza
Arafat Sunny
Rubel Hossain
Taskin Ahmed

And Rubel. AFG only have 2 genuine quicks, Hamid and Dawlat. Shapoor can be nippy but he's not a regular 140+ quick. Very close though.

Rana Melb
February 14, 2015, 05:57 PM
OMG! Aber bristy forecasted...noooo

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/452155/%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A5%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AF%E0%A 6%BC-%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%96%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%9A%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%83%E0%A6%B7%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9F%E0%A 6%BF%E0%A6%9A%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A4% E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%93

naim519
February 15, 2015, 02:53 AM
OMG!!! REALLY??? rain?

hoodlum
February 15, 2015, 04:20 AM
I have a feeling that Bangladesh will lose all 6 games :/

I have the same feeling. This is just because the batsmen couldn't cope with the extra bounce in Australia.

Roni_uk
February 15, 2015, 06:03 AM
wow - 2 pages worth of match thread 4 days before the match.

amader kotha beshi kaaj kom... shabash

Rana Melb
February 15, 2015, 06:09 AM
As spoken with Arafat Sunny on other day, I asked him whether he comes in to BCF; he replied No and added that he does look into fb or any type of Internet materials. I dont think players are keen on net discussion.

Rana Melb
February 15, 2015, 06:45 AM
Earnest request from a fan:

বাবারা তোরা আয়ারল্যান্ডের সাথে হারছোস,
মাইন্ড খাই নাই।
তোরা তো প্রতি ম্যাচেই হারের মাঝেই অর্জন খুজোস,
আল্লার দোহাই লাগে আফগানিস্তান আর স্কটল্যান্ডের সাথে এসব অর্জন ফর্জন খুজিসনা।
তগো পিছনে খেটে খাওয়া মানুষের মাথার ঘাম পায়ে ফেলানো টাকা আর কোটি হৃদয়ের ভালবাসার কথা মাথায় রেখে খেলিস বাপ।।

শত আতংক আর অনিশ্চয়তায় ভরা দিনগুলির মাঝে তোদের দিকেই মানুষ তাকিয়ে থাকে একটু আনন্দে চিৎকার করার আশায়।।
ভাল থাক, ভাল খেল আর টাইগারের গর্জনে কাঁপিয়ে দিয়ে আয়...

শুভ কামনা তোদের জন্যে....

MohammedShamim
February 15, 2015, 07:03 AM
all world cup match so far have been one sided. I fear it will be us thats going to make the match against Afghanistan a thriller! i dont want any nerves or tensions! just a kind request. a straight one sided BD win please.!

BangladeshFan
February 15, 2015, 08:36 AM
The problem with the Bd side is their mentality and that sucks! the fair few experiences I had watching Bd team performing against international teams and watching them practice right in front , tells me only 1 thing these people are losers! these things don't appear to tv viewers. I remember in T20 WC in Nottingham, indian players were all out practicing and not a single Bd player was out, the body language of mashrafi was a nawab 'baire fit-fut vitore shodor ghat'. Infact I didn't even want to see the match just seeing them practice because I knew what exactly would happen. These guys need to be given a real rough treatment and make them realise what it takes to win and perform consistently.

Anyway, I am patriotic and want Bangladesh to win desperately, but somehow the players have to be mentally changed dramatically. This time no india pakistan group opponents, so can't use them to fire ourselves up. This level its all professional, just go out and perform, and this is where Bd sucks!

Vua
February 15, 2015, 08:52 AM
Going from what has been happening so far, if you can't score 300+, you won't win.
Our batting is so shambolic that this is not possible for us. Our mentality is such that we are happy with setting target scores of 250. Oidin choila gesey bhai!

hoodlum
February 15, 2015, 09:05 AM
all world cup match so far have been one sided. I fear it will be us thats going to make the match against Afghanistan a thriller! i dont want any nerves or tensions! just a kind request. a straight one sided BD win please.!

match jiti naki shondeho tarupor one sided win?bah..

BD_TigerZ
February 15, 2015, 09:40 AM
We lost to Ireland who were hammered by Scotland. Enough said.

Nadim
February 15, 2015, 09:55 AM
We lost to Ireland who were hammered by Scotland. Enough said.

WE have won 7 consecutive odi's against NZ...currently NZ trashing SL right, left and centre. So by your logic we should also beat SL? NO?

Ajfar
February 15, 2015, 12:09 PM
So far every team that batted first scored 300+. I hope if we bat first, we can put up a total close to 300. That should be a good enough total for our bowlers to defend.

cricbook
February 15, 2015, 12:19 PM
Bd need to win by big size of plate to carry better run rate through the world cup....or if you lose, lose by big...so I won't give a Damm about bd in world cup anymore......but I belive, tigers will fight till end of the day.

cricbook
February 15, 2015, 12:25 PM
After beating Afghanistan....some how if we can manage to control Australia...that's it, semi is ours......all 15 players will be real tiger for month and half.....all will try to get hero, any were they will see the opportunity. So my target, against Australia nothing to lose,,,,, just be some one ashraful that day....joi bangla.:flag::flag::flag:

Mas_UK25
February 15, 2015, 12:34 PM
Goodluck Bangladesh!

Vepu
February 15, 2015, 01:07 PM
Guys in this tournament head to head comes first then runrate.

naim519
February 15, 2015, 01:20 PM
So this game begins 9:30pm in Central US Time?

BanCricFan
February 15, 2015, 03:25 PM
Allah Apni amader somosto path-ghaat, rasta, journey, exam, porikkhar proshno etc. khub sohoj koira den - ar amader opponent/sotrur jonno sob kichu khub Kothin koira den!

Allah apni amader sohaiota koren, borkot den jatey koira amra durgom sagor/doriya ek bash-er bhanga shako diya very easily paara-par hoiya jaitey pari - ar amder sotrura jatey panitey poira hau mau koira kandey!

Just imagine if this dua was given to the khateeb of Baitul Mukarram to read out before and after the Jumu'a prayer or any jama'ah!

You got me :floor::floor::floor:, BK.

NoName
February 15, 2015, 05:23 PM
I beg of thee BD, at least 2-3 players raise their hands and bring their A-game, I can't handle another loss to an associate.

Roni_uk
February 15, 2015, 05:50 PM
FREE bus services to Menuka Oval for those who are taking the public transport to Canberra...

http://www.action.act.gov.au/news/whatson/world-cup-cricket-at-manuka-oval

Moh899
February 15, 2015, 05:58 PM
All I want in this world cup is for Bangladesh to serve their Revenge on Afghanistan and our Brand of Justice to England. We're gonna serve it sooo COLD and so S L O W. World is gonna remember what we do.

Thats all im asking.

BANFAN
February 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
WE have won 7 consecutive odi's against NZ...currently NZ trashing SL right, left and centre. So by your logic we should also beat SL? NO?

That was a comparison on current form and your one is on old forms...two different things, they dont compare.

But yes, we will beat Srilanka, sure :lol:

And surely beat Afghanistan, because they started being arrogant winning once ;) they will be overconfident... :-)

shabbir
February 15, 2015, 06:23 PM
Off topic both Nelsen and Hamilton pitch will assist our spinners for sure

TigersMeow
February 15, 2015, 06:29 PM
The problem with the Bd side is their mentality and that sucks! the fair few experiences I had watching Bd team performing against international teams and watching them practice right in front , tells me only 1 thing these people are losers! these things don't appear to tv viewers. I remember in T20 WC in Nottingham, indian players were all out practicing and not a single Bd player was out, the body language of mashrafi was a nawab 'baire fit-fut vitore shodor ghat'. Infact I didn't even want to see the match just seeing them practice because I knew what exactly would happen. These guys need to be given a real rough treatment and make them realise what it takes to win and perform consistently.

I agree 100%. They think they are the S**T, and don't need to put in any effort.
Remember these pictures just before the warmup with Ireland. All the Irish players are out getting ready, and just count how many BD players give a damn.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9mEjFyIAAI6cxT.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9mEjINIMAABnsK.jpg

Rana Melb
February 15, 2015, 06:31 PM
HS wants Shakib to perform.
The
http://www.sportlobster.com/news/77922/-.html

One World
February 15, 2015, 06:37 PM
Beat them by experience if nothing.

tanvir_nus
February 15, 2015, 11:27 PM
Golden pics there. This is what I have been saying all along. They are just not hungry enough for the win. They are not motivated enough. They give up too easily. They are mentally ill-equipped, don't want to work hard. The ones that kind of work hard are doing really good. The others are just plain lazy a$$.

Thing is, a guy like Nasir for example, knows he is irreplaceable. There is no better player in the pipeline, neither more hardworking. Or, the culture itself is like this. Unfortunately, if you are not motivated enough or hardworking you will not push others. That's why teams like Afghanistan and Ireland are gonna rise above Bangladesh in all formats, and we are just going to keep falling hard and backwards.

cricbook
February 16, 2015, 12:27 AM
After today Irish won against westindies.....hope bd play on fire. If Ireland can do , so do we....and I belive, bd player's will play like a man not moron.

al Furqaan
February 16, 2015, 12:31 AM
I agree 100%. They think they are the S**T, and don't need to put in any effort.
Remember these pictures just before the warmup with Ireland. All the Irish players are out getting ready, and just count how many BD players give a damn.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9mEjFyIAAI6cxT.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9mEjINIMAABnsK.jpg

Players are stretching. You have to stretch before training or playing otherwise you'll cramp up or pull a muscle.

fuzzy
February 16, 2015, 12:48 AM
Should have a big Ban crowd.

Rana Melb
February 16, 2015, 01:02 AM
Shakib needs to fire....:ohno:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/832509.html

Rana Melb
February 16, 2015, 01:06 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/832509.html

Nadim
February 16, 2015, 03:44 AM
Thses idiot lack the can do attitude. needs to be strong mentally!!!

WarWolf
February 16, 2015, 03:49 AM
Thses idiot lack the can do attitude. needs to be strong mentally!!!

Kemne thik kora jai? Pitia?

Nadim
February 16, 2015, 04:05 AM
Kemne thik kora jai? Pitia?

Backside e beter bari diye :-p

Nadim
February 16, 2015, 04:20 AM
It sems like last 10 over of batting is more important than the first 10. Teams are scoring 100+ runs in last 10 for fun. Hope we can do similar stuff

BanCricFan
February 16, 2015, 04:52 AM
It sems like last 10 over of batting is more important than the first 10. Teams are scoring 100+ runs in last 10 for fun. Hope we can do similar stuff

And that's why keeping wickets in hand is an absolute must. For us, I wouldn't mind if Tamim or Anam goes with a SR around 65 - 70 in the first 20 overs but they MUST not lose more than two wickets. keep looking for 1s and 2s interspersed by 4s when on offer. Drop and run, rotate and don't get bogged down. Don't try to muscle the ball into the boundary rather try to time the ball. Common sense stuff. Shakib, Mushy, Sabbir or even Nasir can hit them at the death.

Donal C
February 16, 2015, 04:53 AM
Canberra is a tiny ground IIRC, so 330 could well just be par (Think 420 was chased in an Aussie Msatador Cup game here).

That suits you guys I think, as Afg strength is bowling and I think it will be nullified by the pitches.

Plus their middle order cant rotate strike at all and on a small ground you could end up bogging them down.

Be wary of their late order hitters like Najibullah and Gulbadin though, they can hit BIG, and on these pitches could wreak havok.

Nadim
February 16, 2015, 05:03 AM
Bangladesh put in the effort before Afghanistan clash (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/current/story/833019.html)

'I'm challenging you, coach-TAMIM'
"[If] I'm out [again], I'm out. I'll go away. I'm serious. I'm challenging you, coach." Tamim Iqbal had just been bowled by a yorker from the sidearm device operated by Bangladesh coach Chandika Hathurusingha.
Tamim had stayed away from the nets at Manuka Oval while his team-mates sweated it out. He sauntered in quite late and sat down to have a long chat with Nasir Hossain. Finally, he prepared to face throwdowns from Hathurusingha.
And he was bowled early on. The proud batsman's ego had been hurt. Hathurusingha tried to gently talk Tamim out of such potentially distracting challenges but the batsman was adamant.
And for the remainder of his stint, Tamim was not getting out. The faster Hathurusingha slung them in, the faster they went. Cover drives, straight drives, on-drives, pulls, cuts. "Good shots," the coach acknowledged in the end and went on to advise the batsman about mindset and switching on and off during an innings.

tanvir_nus
February 16, 2015, 05:04 AM
I am from Canberra and incase my review was not conveyed before, this is a very good pitch for scoring runs. Afghanistan can easily score 300+ if put into bat first or chase down that score. The weather will be pretty good for batting, pretty small boundaries. I have been to the big bash finals and most of the sixes attempted were reaching the spectators. Hoggy (Brad Hogg) bowled a tight line and didn't give away too many runs, it's the wicket that Bangladeshis will feel most at home. No where in Australia will they get such a good wicket and most suited to them. This means they have no excuse of alien conditions and should definitely win this.

Again, we have to score many runs. From chasing or posing target, whichever choice we are given. No way out on this one. 300 should be the BARE MINIMUM target.

BengaliPagol
February 16, 2015, 05:07 AM
From what i've seen at the games i've been to i think Soumya is the best guy to take advantage of the initial power plays overs. Mominul should be dropped due to poor form and i guess in terms of performances Anamul gets the nod ahead of Mominul due to his uncanny unability to score big. As much as i want Mushfiq to bat at #3 i feel like in reality it won't happen at all.

The toughest choice is to either get rid off the specialist spinner from the team or have an extra batsmen in the team. Cos nowadays most teams have capable batsmen all the way down to #8 and we wont have that if Taijul in the team (3 pacers is a must).

But it really depends on the pitch conditions cos i dont know if Manuka is suited for spinners. Atm i rkn if we had to pick from either Shabbir or Nasir it should be Shabbir but thats cos i like Shabbir more and plus he can bowl leggies. But overall i think the most realistic and best team imo is this.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mahmudullah
5. Shakib al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Shabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Taijul Islam
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Rubel Hossain

Jadukor
February 16, 2015, 05:16 AM
Ireland had WI down to 80/5 and then went to concede 306 runs. Yet they refused to get demoralized and had the strength of character to chase down this huge target with overs to spare. BD should take lessions from this and never give up and continue fighting till the end. Our players have more experience and have faced tougher competition than the Afghan challenge. If we are mentally strong we should be able to outclass them in all departments. There should not be self doubt or tentativeness in our approach. We should act like a test nation and look to dominate.

G-man
February 16, 2015, 05:18 AM
I don't think these guys give up games...that's a different era. I can't pull exact games but I do remember then coming back from down n out positions

ahnaf
February 16, 2015, 05:59 AM
Bangladesh have not played an international game for two-and-a-half months now, but going by this afternoon's workout, they are putting in the effort in training. Barring Tamim Iqbal, who is feeling his way back from a knee injury and only faced throwdowns and some offbreaks, the other Bangladesh batsmen had long stints in the side nets just outside Manuka Oval against both pace and spin. The fast bowlers ran in hard in the heat and tested their team-mates' techniques.

The injury-prone Mashrafe Mortaza eased into his spell, bowling off a few paces at the start, and clutching his right shoulder on a few occasions as he loosened up. He was soon sprinting in from his usual run-up, although he was the slowest of the four Bangladesh pace bowlers. He also bowled the shortest spell among the four, choosing to have a short batting stint after that.

Rubel Hossain seemed the quickest, sending Mahmudullah's leg stump out of the ground with a sharp yorker. He also found some swing, while the two young ones, Taskin Ahmed and Al-Amin Hossain hit the surface hard and generated rapid bounce. The well-built Taskin, especially, was quite a sight when viewed from just behind the batsman as he pounded in.

Rubel and Al-Amin bowled in tandem, while Mortaza and Taskin took charge in another net. Spinners operated in the remaining two practice nets. Team manager and former Bangladesh captain Khaled Mahmud sent down a handful of his mediums as well, even going past the outside edge a couple of times.

Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Soumya Sarkar and Mahmudullah comprised the first batch of batsmen while Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman and Mortaza formed the second. Anamul Haque came on in the final batch along with some of the bowlers.

Interesting.

Anyway, full story here
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/833019.html?CMP=chrome

Rifat
February 16, 2015, 09:56 AM
Canberra tey khela hocchey? taar maney Naimul bhaiya janala theke khela dekhte parbe(or he might as well make it to the stadium with his newly formed family ;))

Tiger444
February 16, 2015, 10:43 AM
most teams put in three/four hours practice anyways. it just shows the pathetic state of our cricket when just one rigorous session happens in the nets it makes headline news :facepalm:

How do we know they just had one rigorous session? Their doing a report on it now because the match is just a day away. Let's not jump in to conclusions

cricket_pagol
February 16, 2015, 10:45 AM
I am from Canberra and incase my review was not conveyed before, this is a very good pitch for scoring runs. Afghanistan can easily score 300+ if put into bat first or chase down that score. The weather will be pretty good for batting, pretty small boundaries. I have been to the big bash finals and most of the sixes attempted were reaching the spectators. Hoggy (Brad Hogg) bowled a tight line and didn't give away too many runs, it's the wicket that Bangladeshis will feel most at home. No where in Australia will they get such a good wicket and most suited to them. This means they have no excuse of alien conditions and should definitely win this.

Again, we have to score many runs. From chasing or posing target, whichever choice we are given. No way out on this one. 300 should be the BARE MINIMUM target.

Is the pitch at canberra one of those drop in pitches?

Tiger444
February 16, 2015, 10:46 AM
Bangladesh have not played an international game for two-and-a-half months now, but going by this afternoon's workout, they are putting in the effort in training. Barring Tamim Iqbal, who is feeling his way back from a knee injury and only faced throwdowns and some offbreaks, the other Bangladesh batsmen had long stints in the side nets just outside Manuka Oval against both pace and spin. The fast bowlers ran in hard in the heat and tested their team-mates' techniques.

The injury-prone Mashrafe Mortaza eased into his spell, bowling off a few paces at the start, and clutching his right shoulder on a few occasions as he loosened up. He was soon sprinting in from his usual run-up, although he was the slowest of the four Bangladesh pace bowlers. He also bowled the shortest spell among the four, choosing to have a short batting stint after that.

Rubel Hossain seemed the quickest, sending Mahmudullah's leg stump out of the ground with a sharp yorker. He also found some swing, while the two young ones, Taskin Ahmed and Al-Amin Hossain hit the surface hard and generated rapid bounce. The well-built Taskin, especially, was quite a sight when viewed from just behind the batsman as he pounded in.

Rubel and Al-Amin bowled in tandem, while Mortaza and Taskin took charge in another net. Spinners operated in the remaining two practice nets. Team manager and former Bangladesh captain Khaled Mahmud sent down a handful of his mediums as well, even going past the outside edge a couple of times.

Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Soumya Sarkar and Mahmudullah comprised the first batch of batsmen while Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman and Mortaza formed the second. Anamul Haque came on in the final batch along with some of the bowlers.

Interesting.

Anyway, full story here
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/833019.html?CMP=chrome

It might mean Anamul is out if that's the case. The XI seems pretty unclear still

BANFAN
February 16, 2015, 11:51 AM
From what i've seen at the games i've been to i think Soumya is the best guy to take advantage of the initial power plays overs. Mominul should be dropped due to poor form and i guess in terms of performances Anamul gets the nod ahead of Mominul due to his uncanny unability to score big. As much as i want Mushfiq to bat at #3 i feel like in reality it won't happen at all.

The toughest choice is to either get rid off the specialist spinner from the team or have an extra batsmen in the team. Cos nowadays most teams have capable batsmen all the way down to #8 and we wont have that if Taijul in the team (3 pacers is a must).

But it really depends on the pitch conditions cos i dont know if Manuka is suited for spinners. Atm i rkn if we had to pick from either Shabbir or Nasir it should be Shabbir but thats cos i like Shabbir more and plus he can bowl leggies. But overall i think the most realistic and best team imo is this.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mahmudullah
5. Shakib al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Shabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Taijul Islam
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Rubel Hossain

Looks like Anamul won't play the first match, Mominul will instead. If he fails, Anamul comes in the next..but not sure though. These two are still pretty uncomfortable, in these pitches.

cricman
February 16, 2015, 12:32 PM
Very Important to be able to read the pitch correctly. Depending on the surface the slower bowlers can have success.

ahnaf
February 16, 2015, 01:02 PM
It might mean Anamul is out if that's the case. The XI seems pretty unclear still

most likely that's the case but you never know.

Nadim
February 16, 2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/833065.html

I'm tired of hearing "GOOD CRICKET". :hairpull:

Roni_uk
February 16, 2015, 04:48 PM
My head says bat first, bat first, bat first... But my heart says field as we wouldn't know what is a good score. I dont want batsman to get out for thinking they need to go beyond 280, 300, 320.

tanvir_nus
February 16, 2015, 05:07 PM
Is the pitch at canberra one of those drop in pitches?

I might go and see the guys practicing today if I get some break from office. But an educated guess here, even if it is a dropping pitch it will probably be even more batting friendly than the normal. We have to beat Afghanistan with our batting make no mistake. If we are batting first, we need to score, again I have to say this a 300, and chasing we have to chase confidently down a steep target. We have to keep those in mind.

BANFAN
February 16, 2015, 06:22 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/833065.html

I'm tired of hearing "GOOD CRICKET". :hairpull:

im sick of "If we play to our ability .... Bla bla" if you can't play with certainty to some degree, it's not your ability damn, it's fluke....:ohno:

Tigerblood99
February 16, 2015, 06:33 PM
im sick of "If we play to our ability .... Bla bla" if you can't play with certainty to some degree, it's not your ability damn, it's fluke....:ohno:

Cant have certainty in cricket man, gayle n co was down 5 before 100 with that killer lineup. So was australia, n a lucky dropped catch. Ability has not given certainty in this WC

bujhee kom
February 16, 2015, 06:37 PM
Ki jani ki hoi, ki hoi../
SHudhu bhoi bhoi...
Raatey chokhey ghum nei.../
Mathar chul/pither/kaaner/nostriler Chul sob phekey gelo...

Rana Melb
February 16, 2015, 08:37 PM
Are afghans are cautious or playing mind game?

http://www.24livenewspaper.com/site/index.php?url=www.dailyinqilab.com/

Rana Melb
February 16, 2015, 08:41 PM
Earnest request from a fan:

বাবারা তোরা আয়ারল্যান্ডের সাথে হারছোস,
মাইন্ড খাই নাই।
তোরা তো প্রতি ম্যাচেই হারের মাঝেই অর্জন খুজোস,
আল্লার দোহাই লাগে আফগানিস্তান আর স্কটল্যান্ডের সাথে এসব অর্জন ফর্জন খুজিসনা।
তগো পিছনে খেটে খাওয়া মানুষের মাথার ঘাম পায়ে ফেলানো টাকা আর কোটি হৃদয়ের ভালবাসার কথা মাথায় রেখে খেলিস বাপ।।

শত আতংক আর অনিশ্চয়তায় ভরা দিনগুলির মাঝে তোদের দিকেই মানুষ তাকিয়ে থাকে একটু আনন্দে চিৎকার করার আশায়।।
ভাল থাক, ভাল খেল আর টাইগারের গর্জনে কাঁপিয়ে দিয়ে আয়...

শুভ কামনা তোদের জন্যে....

Just a gentle reminder:)

tanvir_nus
February 16, 2015, 09:09 PM
Just came back from the practice ground, didn't see any fast bowlers, probably taking a break and staying fresh for tomorrow. Good intense session. Very serious faces, which kinda scare me a bit... They should be going out there and enjoying and being really confident. Other than that, a pretty solid practice.

al Furqaan
February 16, 2015, 09:12 PM
Just came back from the practice ground, didn't see any fast bowlers, probably taking a break and staying fresh for tomorrow. Good intense session. Very serious faces, which kinda scare me a bit... They should be going out there and enjoying and being really confident. Other than that, a pretty solid practice.

Game face is good. Players laughing and smiling and posters will say they went to only take selfies, not play cricket. They should be serious even if its just Afghanistan.

WarWolf
February 16, 2015, 09:20 PM
Game face is good. Players laughing and smiling and posters will say they went to only take selfies, not play cricket. They should be serious even if its just Afghanistan.
Being too much serious never works for us, it backfires.

al Furqaan
February 16, 2015, 09:22 PM
Being too much serious never works for us, it backfires.

Yes let's just go clubbing all night like 2003. Much better.

Rifat
February 16, 2015, 09:24 PM
It's good to have fun, in it's proper context. I loved the fact that guys went out go carting and enjoyed themselves :) You can also have a lot of fun while playing cricket. Remember how much fun the guys had beating India in World cup 2007? How much fun Ashraful had toying with South African bowlers in World cup 2007?. the key is to have fun while being professional, having fun without losing your senses...

fuzzy
February 16, 2015, 10:51 PM
Canberra will become bangla bazar for a day

BD Tigers
February 17, 2015, 12:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcioRE4OdY&feature=youtu.be

shayanjameel
February 17, 2015, 02:31 AM
Yeah well I think Bangladesh practice more well to perform good..

http://indvszim.worldcup2015.pk/

NoName
February 17, 2015, 02:46 AM
It has started...
http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015-afghanistan-captain-mohammad-nabi-feels-pressure-will-be-on-bangladesh-ahead-of-opening-tie-252093

ma_o_mati
February 17, 2015, 03:02 AM
Good luck. Hope the boys keep their cool. A first wc game is always tense but taking pressure upon yourself only makes matter worse. Be confident and play your level best. Victory will follow.

Vepu
February 17, 2015, 03:44 AM
19 more hours. I cant take it anymore

patriot
February 17, 2015, 03:49 AM
I am very nervous. Dont want my sick leave to go in waste tomorrow.

Razi
February 17, 2015, 04:24 AM
Heard from a few of my friends in Australia that there is almost an Eid like atmosphere among the Bangladeshis there. Everyone is so excited about the match that they're literally going crazy about collecting flags, jerseys, posters etc. Already a lot of people from different parts of Australia have arrived in Canberra and there's also a huge group coming from Sydney tomorrow morning by bus to attend the match. I just hope the team do justice to these fans if not anything else, just go and crush the Afghans and bring them down to earth! :flag:

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 04:32 AM
Any news about the starting lineup?

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 04:34 AM
Cricinfo's probable:
1 Anamul Haque, 2 Tamim Iqbal, 3 Soumya Sarkar, 4 Mahmudullah, 5 Shakib Al Hasan, 6 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk) , 7 Sabbir Rahman/Nasir Hossain, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), 9 Taijul Islam, 10 Taskin Ahmed, 11 Rubel Hossain

simon
February 17, 2015, 04:38 AM
amar je ar tor(not Thor) shoichena.

G-man
February 17, 2015, 05:06 AM
Heard from a few of my friends in Australia that there is almost an Eid like atmosphere among the Bangladeshis there. Everyone is so excited about the match that they're literally going crazy about collecting flags, jerseys, posters etc. Already a lot of people from different parts of Australia have arrived in Canberra and there's also a huge group coming from Sydney tomorrow morning by bus to attend the match. I just hope the team do justice to these fans if not anything else, just go and crush the Afghans and bring them down to earth! :flag:

This is transcending Eid bro. People are loosing their minds. There's a rally early tomorrow in Sydney. Canberra is going to be green n red!!

zunaid_bd
February 17, 2015, 05:07 AM
Same here.. cant wait for the match to start..all the best to the tigers

Jadukor
February 17, 2015, 05:33 AM
The moment is almost here folks. All the debate about if we are better or not ends tomorrow. We will know if our QF hopes will stay alive. Wishing our boys the best of luck.

tanvir_nus
February 17, 2015, 05:48 AM
Yes, I am from Canberra and we have bought the tickets last year. It has been quite a wait, lots of fans from Sydney gave competitions for tickets here. And everyone is going to go crazy once the tigers roll on the fields, you can count on that. We hope its a wait worth for, and we can inspire the tigers for a victory too. You will see a very different Canberra tomorrow for sure.

Habib
February 17, 2015, 06:03 AM
Go Tigers. Give us something to cheer about. Wish you all the best.

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 06:53 AM
Shabbir is playing confirmed- according to his personal fb.

cricbook
February 17, 2015, 07:13 AM
Start with a win...good luck Bangladesh

Austin 3:!6
February 17, 2015, 07:26 AM
All the best Tigers. I hope Bangladesh reach Quarters and face mighty Indians E-)

Want a free trip to semis :D

Moh899
February 17, 2015, 08:00 AM
eastern time ei khela kobe abong kokhon shuru hobe? bolte parben plzz

BengaliPagol
February 17, 2015, 08:27 AM
Canberra is literally gonna turn into Dhaka tmr. Im all set!!

Yasin.
February 17, 2015, 08:28 AM
Shabbir is playing confirmed- according to his personal fb.

Ooh he could get into trouble for that.. Shouldn't be giving out team details.

Was reading o Cricinfo that Anamul, along with the bowlers, was the last to use the nets. So chances are he won't be picked. Of course that isn't confirmed yet.

Yasin.
February 17, 2015, 08:33 AM
Canberra is literally gonna turn into Dhaka tmr. Im all set!!

The hype over here on BC is quite positive :flag::flag:

For the sake of all of you who are going, I hope it doesn't rain....

MHRAM
February 17, 2015, 08:42 AM
Its good to see players like Tamim questioning why should the nervous against Afghanistan?

Am I nervous? No. I believe in our players. If we are meant to win, InShaa Allah we can beat Afghanistan. And I have been to other forums and most of the fans think that it will be easy for Bangladesh considering the flatness of the pitch and lack of expertise and skill of our opposition, having ofcourse keeping in mind that they would also love to see Afghan compete well.

I believe that we should bat first should we win the toss. Batting first means that we can play with a bit of freedom unlike the Asia Cup match where we were underpressure. Now batting first means that we will be setting a target. Now a good question is whether we pace our innings properly as per the situation and condition. Our batsman shouldn't really be targetting 325+ nor should they be so slow and be satisfied with anything over 275. Key is to play the ball according to its merit and look to churn out singles and twos as they are crucial. Just look at Kohli against Pakistan, hardly scored any boundaries yet got a century at a good SR.

Now batting first means we will be giving Afghanistan a target. Should we bat well, Afghanistan will be under pressure and might start to play loose shots from the beginning, just like in the T20 WC where they bundled out for 70 odd.

Now brothers, no need to be much afraid. I remember how most fans including myself was so tensed about our encounter against Afghanistan but in the field it was a totally different scenario. We looked too good for Afghanistan.

kalpurush
February 17, 2015, 08:43 AM
eastern time ei khela kobe abong kokhon shuru hobe? bolte parben plzz
10:30 PM Today, Feb the 17th

kalpurush
February 17, 2015, 08:45 AM
Now brothers, no need to be much afraid. I remember how most fans including myself was so tensed about our encounter against Afghanistan but in the field it was a totally different scenario. We looked too good for Afghanistan.
You meant Asia Cup!? :D

MHRAM
February 17, 2015, 08:47 AM
Lol at the noobs looking at the pic of players on the ground and claiming that they are lazy.

Playing quite a bit of cricket myself, I needed spend a good amount of time stretching. Folks will only understand the important of stretching when you will be having spend incredible amount of time at the field, for example 2-3 hours at a trott. Not easy.

MHRAM
February 17, 2015, 08:49 AM
You meant Asia Cup!? :D

Sorry forgot to mention that it was during the T20 WC

About the Asia Cup match there was no real expectation. We should have won though.

Roni_uk
February 17, 2015, 08:56 AM
Weather check
Canberra area
Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and early evening. Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h in the evening then becoming light in the late evening.

damn! Bat second I would say or there is a big chance for D/L to come under way.

apart from that - its going to be 30 deg C with 13K noisy people

Rabz
February 17, 2015, 09:12 AM
#riseofthetiger

Rubu
February 17, 2015, 09:21 AM
Hello guys, I am way too nervous about this match than I should be, it's not like we have not lost to an associate in a world cup match before. But still...

Hopefully it will be a very one sided win for us.

Bonglababu
February 17, 2015, 09:25 AM
There ARE reasons to get nervous. We've shown our vulnerability big time against any type of minnows before. Let's see how things work out this time.
Hello guys, I am way too nervous about this match than I should be, it's not like we have not lost to an associate in a world cup match before. But still...

Hopefully it will be a very one sided win for us.

roman
February 17, 2015, 09:30 AM
^Don't worry bhai. We got this. Our boys will show them no mercy and we will start our world cup with a bang..

Rubu
February 17, 2015, 09:34 AM
^Don't worry bhai. We got this. Our boys will show them no mercy and we will start our world cup with a bang..

Still 13 hours to go. I can hardly wait.

BD_TigerZ
February 17, 2015, 09:37 AM
This is it. World cup. Redeem ourselves of some pride after a embarrassing few wcs so much s#@& talk going on from so called "analyst's" and "experts" doubting our place in int cricket. Go out there and prove a point with a solid win. Must win this if we are any chance go through. Formula should be simple. First 10 overs with bat and ball will be crucial. Pick up early wickets, not dropping intensity for a minute in the field attacking the ball and not leaking easy runs in the middle overs, don't let them play, choke em and dominate and show em who the associates are. With the bat keep wickets and rotate, build a base and let Shak, Sabbir and co explode at the end. I will be there :flag:

Jonas
February 17, 2015, 09:56 AM
Latest odds are Bangladesh 1.28, Afghanistan 4.5. So, about 78% chance of a Bangladesh win. If Bangladesh lose to Afghans it will be an upset on the same level as Windies losing to Ireland the other day.

BanCricFan
February 17, 2015, 09:58 AM
Still 13 hours to go. I can hardly wait.

Mashaa Allah! Fantastic to see you back!

Nasif
February 17, 2015, 10:01 AM
Don't stay up late, go to bed early. What are you doing in this forum before a match? Sleep and relax, you got this. Good luck to you and the team. May God Bless you all in tomorrow's match.

^^^
If one of the players was browsing this thread.... :)

Hawk-Eye
February 17, 2015, 10:10 AM
From 1997 to 2015 same tension before every single match.

mufi_02
February 17, 2015, 10:27 AM
From 1997 to 2015 same tension before every single match.

bhai ekkebare hasa kotha koisen. ei koidin tension free onno team er match dekhsi ektu aktu. bhaloi lagse. kintu ajke onek bhoy lagtase. ghum theka uitha first thought was today we are playing. this match has been hyped up so much over the last few months. now the day is finally here. heavy tension lagtase.

Rubu
February 17, 2015, 10:35 AM
Mashaa Allah! Fantastic to see you back!

Thanks.

BD_TigerZ
February 17, 2015, 10:50 AM
Throwback to the forgettable Asia cup match team:

We had: Shamsur, Naeem, Zia, Razzak, Gazi.

We didn't have: Tamim, Shakib, Mash and Riyad

We also didnt have Sabbir, Taskin, SS. We look a much stronger team on paper than than the team on that night at fatullah.

Ace of BD
February 17, 2015, 10:57 AM
Sabbir was the one to win us against afghans at asian gold games. That team against afghans were basically even the 2nd tier discards. The fact that razzak is not there in this world cup tells you something about the kind of playing 11 we had for that particular match.

Roni_uk
February 17, 2015, 11:13 AM

We also didnt have Sabbir, Taskin, SS. We look a much stronger team on paper than than the team on that night at fatullah.

:clap:

thank you.

Can't sleep.... feeling nervous, anxious, stressed, depressed and very tired.

ReZ_1
February 17, 2015, 11:14 AM

With shakib IN anytime- The dimension of our team changes.. So indeed we are stronger. But I am worried about the condition.

TigersMeow
February 17, 2015, 11:15 AM
Why so anxious and tense before a game against a "new" associate?
Once burned, twice shy. In our case, burned countless times ..:facepalm:

Hoping and praying the boys take AFG seriously and put on a good fight.

acbizz
February 17, 2015, 11:32 AM
though I am not playing but feeling sick today :P I wonder how the boys are handling pressure...
Best of luck to them... I just wish they overcome the pressure of the WC 1st game and able to play their normal game.

Nafi
February 17, 2015, 12:13 PM
Gonna have a nap. Hopefully I can get some shut eye before the game.

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 12:50 PM
Can't wait any longer :ohno:

shabbir
February 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
Bhai kono jani ghum ashteche na tension a

Eshen
February 17, 2015, 12:54 PM
So, what's gonna happen? Will Tamim have to beg the Afghan captain for a second chance? The suspense is killing me :ohno:

ReZ_1
February 17, 2015, 01:02 PM
:fanflag: will be up and cheering for my team

al Furqaan
February 17, 2015, 01:05 PM
How to blow 9.5 hrs and I'm not even in an airplane!

Fortunately for me I get off on data analysis.

Bonglababu
February 17, 2015, 01:10 PM
My prediction :

If we bat first, then win by 70 runs
If we bowl first, then win by 5 wickets

Eshen
February 17, 2015, 01:13 PM
BTW, Momin made a fifty in the our only ODI against Afghans where Anam failed miserably. In practice matches too, Momin has a fifty (forced to retire, otherwise could have scored more) where Anam continued to be miserable. In what logic Anam may be picked over Momin?!

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 01:17 PM
According to various source, its a batting track so out batsman needs to raise their game big time. Shakib needs to be more responsible imho.

Eshen
February 17, 2015, 01:52 PM
5 Facts

Bangladesh have never played at a venue other than Cairns or Darwin in Australia

Afghanistan have played only 10 ODIs against ICC Full Member sides

Bangladesh's win-loss record is 8-17 in World Cups

Manuka Oval is known to be full of runs. Just last month, England collected 364 and 391 in two practice one-dayers before the tri-series here. In the second one, the opposition replied with 331

Afghanistan beat Bangladesh the only time they met them in the ODI format in the Asia Cup in March 2014

http://bd.thedailystar.net/sports/time-to-prove-it-on-the-field-65356

simon
February 17, 2015, 02:12 PM

Now this is a moral lifting post.
thanks

Tausif
February 17, 2015, 02:30 PM
Nabi said that the pressure is not on Afganistan but Bangladesh.

I hope the BD players show them where the pressure is truly on and these overhyped boys realize their place in cricket. Good luck to BD!

fuzzy
February 17, 2015, 02:48 PM
Arrived in Canberra.

Tausif
February 17, 2015, 02:58 PM
Arrived in Canberra.

Enjoy mate:)

BD_TigerZ
February 17, 2015, 03:04 PM
Slept 2 hours on the way to Canberra now.

Donal C
February 17, 2015, 03:09 PM
In the interests of balance should I start supporting Afghanistan?? :D

Dilscoop
February 17, 2015, 03:16 PM
This better be a sell out.

ReZ_1
February 17, 2015, 03:29 PM
Ar koto dur..........

roman
February 17, 2015, 03:33 PM
7 more hours..

Out_You_Go
February 17, 2015, 04:07 PM
Will be watching the game from the distant land of Sweden. Will be waking up at 4.30 am to watch it.

- Ahh, stuffs you gotta do as a BD cricket fan. Hope my team doesnt disappoint me!

raad007
February 17, 2015, 04:16 PM
Can't wait for the game, i believe we should bat first if we win the toss and post a scoe no less than 300. All the teams except Scotland have posted 300 , even Ireland chased it down. Hopefully we can too.

roman
February 17, 2015, 04:33 PM
According to Prothom alo, Nasir, Al Amin and Sunny are not playing. And they have yet to choose between Taijul and Taskin

Nafi
February 17, 2015, 04:35 PM
Bhai kono jani ghum ashteche na tension a

Ah it was more my willingness to see the whole game through the night that I had to get a good sleep in.

Tiger Manc
February 17, 2015, 04:38 PM
For those of you who are attending the match, could you take and post some photos so that those who aren't fortunate to attend the match can get a taste of the atmosphere.

Roni_uk
February 17, 2015, 04:39 PM
England last played their practise match here and score 339 and 391. The opposition chased 331 in the second match.

Anything below 300 is a risky score.

Nafi
February 17, 2015, 04:43 PM
Arrived in Canberra.

Nice, Cheer our boys on!

ma_o_mati
February 17, 2015, 04:44 PM
Bat 1st or 2nd. Dont lose any wickets in first 10 overs

kalpurush
February 17, 2015, 04:49 PM
In the interests of balance should I start supporting Afghanistan?? :D

Should you?

Eshen
February 17, 2015, 04:54 PM
According to Prothom alo, Nasir, Al Amin and Sunny are not playing. And they have yet to choose between Taijul and TaskinSo we are going the match with only three specialist bowlers?

Rinathq
February 17, 2015, 04:57 PM
just finished watching the Asia Cup highlights and now I remember why we lost. No Tamim, No Shak, No Riyad, No Mash and Mushy was injured and wasnt keeping wickets. The team had Zia, Kayes, Raj, Gazi..... what a nightmare of a squad. Just Shak-Tam-Riyad combo would kill Afghanistan today :D

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 05:00 PM
just finished watching the Asia Cup highlights and now I remember why we lost. No Tamim, No Shak, No Riyad, No Mash and Mushy was injured and wasnt keeping wickets. The team had Zia, Kayes, Raj, Gazi..... what a nightmare of a squad. Just Shak-Tam-Riyad combo would kill Afghanistan today :D

Not Kayes. Shamsur opened the innings with Anamul.

BengaliPagol
February 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
For those of you who are attending the match, could you take and post some photos so that those who aren't fortunate to attend the match can get a taste of the atmosphere.

yeah sure!!

gonna drive up to canberra in 30mins. Really excited!! Heard lot of buses are leaving from sydney to canberra with the bangladesh flag covered over the bus.

Navarene
February 17, 2015, 05:09 PM
The big difference between Bangladesh and Afghanistan would be the misfield and catch misses and of course this will cause defeat for the later one :)
I am not tensed at all! We are going to demolish Afghans by a big margin...mark my word folks!

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 05:12 PM
According to Prothom alo, Nasir, Al Amin and Sunny are not playing. And they have yet to choose between Taijul and Taskin

Only two pacers and two spinners? bad move

kalpurush
February 17, 2015, 05:13 PM
yeah sure!!

gonna drive up to canberra in 30mins. Really excited!! Heard lot of buses are leaving from sydney to canberra with the bangladesh flag covered over the bus.

Man! I am so jealous!!

I wish I was in Canberra now...:fanflag:

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 05:14 PM
The big difference between Bangladesh and Afghanistan would be the misfield and catch misses and of course this will cause defeat for the later one :)
I am not tensed at all! We are going to demolish Afghans by a big margin...mark my word folks!
overconfident holey problem hobe.

TigersMeow
February 17, 2015, 05:20 PM
According to this article, 10 players confirmed, 11th is between Taskin and Taijul, will depend on the conditions.

http://bd.thedailystar.net/its-battle-time-65372

Manuka Oval: Out of the 48 wickets taken by bowlers at this ground, 42 have gone to the fast bowlers, giving a clear indication of the pacer-friendly nature of the pitch.

Given that, why not go with 4 pacers !?

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 05:25 PM
why play both mominul and anamul at the expense of taijul/taskin? ridiculous.

mufi_02
February 17, 2015, 05:30 PM

interesting squad. so the batting will look something like this --

1.Tamim
2.Anamul
3.Soumya
4.Mominul
5.Riyad
6.Mushy
7.Shakib
8.Shabbir
9. Mashrafi

we should score at least 250 with such a strong line up

Rinathq
February 17, 2015, 05:34 PM

1.Tamim
2.Anamul
3.Soumya
4.Mominul
5.Riyad
6.Mushy
7.Shakib
8.Shabbir
9. Mashrafi

Anamul, Soumya, Mominul... putting an out of form, a newbie and an unproven performer for the most critical batting slots next to each other..... I wonder where they get the brains from :facepalm:

When you are 3 down before you know it, it doesnt matter how good of a middle order lineup you have... it stalls the entire innings

Eshen
February 17, 2015, 05:35 PM
If they are planning to go with eight batsman, they should consider benching Anam and taking Nasir in. We need more bowling options.

Antora
February 17, 2015, 05:36 PM
Going to have my heart in my mouth the whole game....oh also, those going to the Brisbane game like myself, you may or may not know that a cyclone is likely to hit the state....lel....

bodrul
February 17, 2015, 05:46 PM

If you are a true professional, and a test playing nation, your B team should also be able to beat an associate.

The bottom line is, there could not be any excuse for us losing against AFG in Asia Cup, and there cannot be any excuse, God forbid, if we lose against them tomorrow.

All the best BD.

NoName
February 17, 2015, 05:50 PM
Why are they still undecided over Taskin? :facepalm:
I think Shakib, Shabbir and Riyad can easily fill our spin quota

Ace of BD
February 17, 2015, 05:54 PM

1.Tamim
2.Anamul
3.Soumya
4.Mominul
5.Riyad
6.Mushy
7.Shakib
8.Shabbir
9. Mashrafi

This will be the line-up:
Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Riyad
Shakib
Mushfiq
Soumya
Sabbir
Mash
Rubel
Taskin

epitaph
February 17, 2015, 05:54 PM
So, we're planning on starting only 4 full-time bowlers? Odd.

Mas_UK25
February 17, 2015, 05:57 PM
I am happy for the stride the Afghans made in cricket. Good for them. But, in this match, I sincerely want Bangladesh to thump them hard and put them in their place (just like the match in the last World T20). Been hearing, allot cocky, arrogant statements from the opposition fans. Nd, I think they are getting bit too carried way.

Joy Bangla! Banglar Joy!!

simon
February 17, 2015, 06:01 PM
Last dui mash dhore shuntasi e khelbe she khelbe, arey bhai ektu break den, ajeira

jai ghumai giya

al Furqaan
According to this article, 10 players confirmed, 11th is between Taskin and Taijul, will depend on the conditions.

http://bd.thedailystar.net/its-battle-time-65372

Manuka Oval: Out of the 48 wickets taken by bowlers at this ground, 42 have gone to the fast bowlers, giving a clear indication of the pacer-friendly nature of the pitch.

Given that, why not go with 4 pacers !?

Idiots are thinking about picking just 2 specialist seamers? Better pick the Flash!

Nadim
Tried to sleep for a bit. But no luck. Now gonna Try to study for a bit...lets see if that works...if not then gonna end up watching all the winning highlights :waiting:

Mas_UK25
February 17, 2015, 06:02 PM
My playing XI would be:

Tamim
Soumya
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Nasir
Mushy
Shabbir
Mash
Alamin
Rubel/Sunny/Taijul
Taskin

Yes, possible 4 seamer's... depending on the pitch, if it's going to be flat with little help for the spinners then maybe Taijul/Sunny another SLA. But, I'd go with 4 seamer's

Moh899
February 17, 2015, 06:02 PM
The time is here! it has come!!! hell yahzzzz!! cmon cmon cmon!!! we're ready to swim with the sharks...we've been thrown in the deep end before, and guess what, we survived..we're waiting for our foes right here!!! and this tiny winy afghan boo boo is nothing compared to what we've dealt with with in the past! THe bottom line is, we're gonna whoooop some *** today!!! we're ready!

believe in the tigers! Afghanistan, you bit off more than u could chew by talking so much! and you're getting whats coming for you1 thats an *** whooopin!! believe that!

unfortunately, i wont be able to watch because of i'll be working all night long but i'll make sure i cheer the tigers on through heart,soul. and everything that i've got!! Insha Allah we'll win this comfortably!

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 06:05 PM
Last dui mash dhore shuntasi e khelbe she khelbe, arey bhai ektu break den, ajeira

jai ghumai giya
Dur miah. Bd jedin khele sedin ghum haram kore diyece hasina zia. Janen na?

simon
February 17, 2015, 06:08 PM
Dur miah. Bd jedin khele sedin ghum haram kore diyece hasina zia. Janen na?

emneo ghum ashbena uttejonay.

tanvir_nus
February 17, 2015, 06:16 PM
Canberra will truly be bleeding green and red today. We are seating in the Bangladeshi fans stand, will scream our lungs out. Expecting nothing except a cracker of a match

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 06:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-FFHMsCYAAFf0o.jpg

Sun's out it seems :D

Ian Pont
February 17, 2015, 06:25 PM
Just spoke to Taskin...he told me he is playing... let's wish the young man well on his WC debut and inshallah he can make a name for himself

Tausif
February 17, 2015, 06:27 PM
Just spoke to Taskin...he told me he is playing... let's wish the young man well on his WC debut and inshallah he can make a name for himself

Thank you for the information coach. Let's hope Taskin has a good WC debut and takes some wickets!

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 06:30 PM
Some of you need this...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LBD-xL_GR98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rana Melb
February 17, 2015, 06:31 PM
Sydney People organized two buses with full of Bangla Army. Journey begins.

Rana Melb
February 17, 2015, 06:34 PM
Is anamul playing?

One World
February 17, 2015, 06:38 PM
Such a load of crap, http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/833583.html

I think Simon first needs to ask his team why being one of the elitists of this global game they are unable to lift the cup yet.

roman
February 17, 2015, 06:38 PM

Thank you coach. That was very nice of you

zunaid_bd
February 17, 2015, 06:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-FFHMsCYAAFf0o.jpg

Sun's out it seems :D

Thanks for the update.. The ground looks superb and the weather looks perfect

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 06:44 PM
http://matchcentre.starsports.com/cricket/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015-164/bangladesh-vs-afghanistan-173985/match-clips/2015-icc-world-cup-pool-afghanistan-bangladesh-1372736?__utma=231891677.727561730.1423402443.1423 402443.1424216455.2&__utmb=231891677.1.10.1424216455&__utmc=231891677&__utmx=-&__utmz=231891677.1424216455.2.2.utmcsr=google|utmc cn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided )&__utmv=231891677.|2=Subscriber=Not%20registered=1&__utmk=71734608

Star sports preview. They call our bowling MEDICORE? And Riyad is to watch out for?

RazabQ
February 17, 2015, 06:44 PM
Haters gonna hate until we beat them consistently. No point in sweating it.

Ace of BD
February 17, 2015, 06:46 PM
Such a load of crap, http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/833583.html

I think Simon first needs to ask his team why being one of the elitists of this global game they are unable to lift the cup yet.

This can be related to my post in the thread wishing well for afghans. You don't see these posts for Bangladesh, why? because Bangladesh has the potential to beat so called elitists' *** day in day out and they dread for that day to come anytime soon. On the other hand, afghans barking out loud for few seconds and losing like herds of directionless cattle are romanticized to prove these authors' so called love of the game and their desire to see cricket expansion.

Rinathq
February 17, 2015, 06:49 PM
http://matchcentre.starsports.com/cricket/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015-164/bangladesh-vs-afghanistan-173985/match-clips/2015-icc-world-cup-pool-afghanistan-bangladesh-1372736?__utma=231891677.727561730.1423402443.1423 402443.1424216455.2&__utmb=231891677.1.10.1424216455&__utmc=231891677&__utmx=-&__utmz=231891677.1424216455.2.2.utmcsr=google|utmc cn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided )&__utmv=231891677.|2=Subscriber=Not%20registered=1&__utmk=71734608

Star sports preview. They call our bowling MEDICORE? And Riyad is to watch out for?

mediocre would be an understatement tbh

mehedi
February 17, 2015, 06:50 PM
Wish all the very best to the boys for this match. No need for nervousness. We will beat them insha- Allah.

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 06:51 PM
mediocre would be an understatement tbh

Their logic was...Afghan batted full 50 overs against India in the WC so BD might have a headache with our mediocre bowling attack. Didn't know Indian's bowling was so good :lol:

Rana Melb
February 17, 2015, 06:55 PM

AFG cannot afford to lose to Bangladesh...WTH?

Mas_UK25
February 17, 2015, 06:57 PM

Nice one Ian. thanks, good news, I love this young lad. Exciting, one for the future... Cant wait to see him run in and bowl with speed.

One World
February 17, 2015, 06:58 PM
http://matchcentre.starsports.com/cr..._utmk=71734608

^Only because they could not get out Nawroj Monghol so he becomes a Martian, :facepalm:

BengaliPagol
February 17, 2015, 06:59 PM
We are driving up to canberra and everywhere around us cars are covered with bd flags. We stop at maccas and its packed full off bangalis. Its like im in dhaka. Its really exciting

Rana Melb
February 17, 2015, 07:03 PM
Highway is full of bangali and flags... I can't imagine what will be happening in stadium.

reverse_swing
February 17, 2015, 07:16 PM
Highway is full of bangali and flags... I can't imagine what will be happening in stadium.

Can you share some photos with us?

zunaid_bd
February 17, 2015, 07:44 PM
We are driving up to canberra and everywhere around us cars are covered with bd flags. We stop at maccas and its packed full off bangalis. Its like im in dhaka. Its really exciting

We wanna see some photos :)

Jadukor
February 17, 2015, 07:44 PM
Man i am so tense. Cant focus at work

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 07:45 PM
BC is back :-p

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-FVLaNCQAAZeQP.jpg:large

zunaid_bd
February 17, 2015, 07:47 PM
BC seems really slow.. is it just with me or
Everyone is facing the same

Tausif
February 17, 2015, 07:52 PM
2h and 40mins left

Rinathq
February 17, 2015, 07:57 PM
can i share the photo Nadim?

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 08:01 PM
can i share the photo Nadim?

Ofcourse bro! I'm getting them from twitter anyway :)

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 08:03 PM
BC seems really slow.. is it just with me or
Everyone is facing the same

same prob with everyone.

Currently Active Users: 140 (20 members and 120 guests)

120 guests causing it :-p

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2015, 08:06 PM
^ it will double game time. I hope the site still is up and running.

hoodlum
February 17, 2015, 08:07 PM
2 hours to go..

Rana Melb
February 17, 2015, 08:11 PM
A taxi full of afghans just passed away our car.. my friend showed em a victory sign n they replied with loud horn. Pumped up!

5tonne
February 17, 2015, 08:12 PM
I will be stuck at work for the first half :(.

Rana Melb
February 17, 2015, 08:15 PM
I will be stuck at work for the first half :(.

Sorry to hear that..

raad007
February 17, 2015, 08:17 PM
Going to watch the match and study at the same time for 2 tests.

Rinathq
February 17, 2015, 08:19 PM
Ofcourse bro! I'm getting them from twitter anyway :)

thanks.....

5tonne
February 17, 2015, 08:21 PM

Post some photos bro for the urfotunates.
My mate left Melbourne for Canberra this morning dragging his sick wife along him. But I had to be working :(

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2015, 08:23 PM
Have they announced the final 11?

Nadim
February 17, 2015, 08:26 PM
WOW! what a picturesque view :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-FrLZPCUAANjZu.jpg:large

roman
February 17, 2015, 08:26 PM
Bhabsilam ek tu ghum dibo khelar agey. Kisher ki..Boyosh hoye jacche kintu ekhono prottek match er agey teenager der moton hoye jai..

roman
February 17, 2015, 08:28 PM
Have they announced the final 11?

Not yet. But according to various newspapers, Taijul, Nasir, Al Amin and Sunny are not playing

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2015, 08:29 PM
Thank you Nadim for the Video.

zman
February 17, 2015, 08:31 PM
Bhabsilam ek tu ghum dibo khelar agey. Kisher ki..Boyosh hoye jacche kintu ekhono prottek match er agey teenager der moton hoye jai..
hehe amaro eki obostha...age chinta kora dorkar chilo excitement er karone shesher dike ghum ashe na

Nadim
Not yet. But according to various newspapers, Taijul, Nasir, Al Amin and Sunny are not playing
So we are going with 8 batsman...interesting. Seems like SS kicked out Nasir due to his seam bowling.

Thank you Nadim for the Video.

no worries :)

Tigers_eye
Thanks. Not bad. That means we bat deep. Have a 4th seamer. And Mominul is there.

Jadukor
February 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
I will be sad if Nasir doesn't play. Nasir is a fearless cricketer and I would always back him to deliver in pressure situations.

5tonne
February 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
hehe amaro eki obostha...age chinta kora dorkar chilo excitement er karone shesher dike ghum ashe na

I can't concentrate on work. Feel like running away.

5tonne
February 17, 2015, 08:33 PM
Can't someone post a photo of marching BD crowd???

Roni_uk
February 17, 2015, 08:34 PM
Not my day today... Virgin decided to cancel my flight and rebooked, which means I will be missing the first 2 hours :hairpull::hairpull: