PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: ICCWC15 -Australia vs. Bangladesh @ Gabba (Brisbane), Australia; February the 21st, 2015. 14:30 Local Time (03:30 GMT; 09:30 BD Time)

Pages : [1] 2

Nadim
February 19, 2015, 05:55 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-HJmDHCIAAm5K1.jpg:large

Venue (http://www.thegabba.com.au/)
Weather (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane)
Live Score (http://www.espncricinfo.com/)
Australia Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/squad/819741.html)
Bangladesh Squad (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/squad/816431.html)
LINK to watch online (http://live-cricket.hdcric.com/sky-sports-2-live-streaming.php)

We have done it before, And we can do it again...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9h1mzqxgM3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5tonne
February 19, 2015, 05:58 AM
Good thread Nadim. Good luck to the boys.

tonoy
February 19, 2015, 06:19 AM
Bismillah. Allah megh de pani de...

Nafi
February 19, 2015, 06:28 AM
predicting a washout

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/5/23/1306150307934/man-with-umbrella-fightin-007.jpg

Roni_uk
February 19, 2015, 07:08 AM
I got a warning sms from tigerair (domestic flight.. nothing to do with the tigers :) ) stating that the flight may be cancelled due to bad weather. There is a storm coming in Gabba! NO I am not talking about Mitchell Johnson but Marcia.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/cyclone-marcia-live-coverage-20150219-13iuaw.html

simon
February 19, 2015, 07:51 AM
I'll break something if there is a wash :out:

zunaid_bd
February 19, 2015, 07:54 AM
Khub e kom chances ei match howar.. according to the weather 80 % of shower all day long

BD_TigerZ
February 19, 2015, 07:55 AM
Need a washout for any points.

simon
February 19, 2015, 07:58 AM
Nadim challu asey, ei match er thread khulchey so that he can brag abt the +1 point :facepalm:

hoodlum
February 19, 2015, 08:14 AM
most probably this is a wash out.

MHRAM
February 19, 2015, 08:22 AM
A washout in this match for us is a favourable outcome. Then we would be required to beat just two other teams and we are almost guaranteed to enter the next round.

Rana Melb
February 19, 2015, 08:31 AM
May be T20 match:lol: you never know....

Nadim
February 19, 2015, 08:38 AM
Nadim challu asey, ei match er thread khulchey so that he can brag abt the +1 point :facepalm:

Lol eto hingsa ke? Aus is lucky that it will rain naile 2 points paitam. Sahos thakle bd vs sl match thread khulen na :-p

BANFAN
February 19, 2015, 08:41 AM
Don't need a washout for one point...we anyway have to beat one big team. I want the match to go on, even we lose, we will be better prepared for Eng/Sri matches...or even sco...a washout will deprive us of vital practice...

Please pray for NO RAIN :)

Max100
February 19, 2015, 08:51 AM
2 points--- afghan
2 points---scotland (if we win)
1 points--australia (if washed out by rain)

BD point will be--- 5, i think still we need to win/draw against Sl or England

Oni_cricket
February 19, 2015, 08:58 AM
Nice thread.Thanks for the video

MHRAM
February 19, 2015, 09:35 AM
Yes ofcourse we need to beat either SL or England. Now the thing is even after beating England or SL either one of them will probably be tied with us and then NRR will be a big factor. Now, we all know that a team like us usually loses out on NRR which happened so often in the past. 2011 WC for example as we all know brothers and sisters.

A friend of mine who lives in Brisbane claims that there is a possiblity of a cyclone for which the match might be called off with the players remaining in the vicinity of their hotel rooms, safe and sound. Honestly we might be deprived of practice but I think we can argue that playing against Aus won't really help us get the preferred practice not to mention we expect a mauling which will dent our mental conditions.

Ace of BD
February 19, 2015, 10:05 AM
2 points--- afghan

Agree, but unlike last time, this washout will help us to qualify if we just beat one of the big teams rather than ensuring two wins, unlike last time where we missed out even after being on equal points but due to low NRR. And in all practicality, we have a better chance against Eng, SL, or NZ than Aus in Gabba.....

mufi_02
February 19, 2015, 10:13 AM
However, officials are still confident of the match being played - even if limited to the minimum allowed 20 overs a side - due to the ground's famous drainage.

The Australian wicketkeeper said they could not afford to be caught off guard by a Bangladesh side boasting world No.1 all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.

Especially if it is limited to the unpredictable Twenty20 format - the minimum number of overs allowed for a rain-hit match at the World Cup tournament.

Haddin said there was still plenty of room for improvement despite their thumping opening win over England.

And he believed they had to fix it fast against a hungry Bangladesh.

"We've got to make sure we tighten up a few things that came out of the last game and make sure we're ready to play," Haddin said.

"And especially with the weather around it's even more important to make sure we're ready to go whatever the length of the game.

"They (Bangladesh) are a very dangerous team."

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/26353639/australia-on-high-weather-alert-at-gabba/

Moh899
February 19, 2015, 11:02 AM
A message to Australia:

We know exactly what we signed up for. We know what you guys are. We know what you can do. We know you like the back of our hands. But we also know that you guys don't have a single idea about who we are. But you're gonna find. You are going to know who we are and what we do! We're gonna beat you soooo bad, that we're gonna take that "possible champions tag" away from you. And if we cant beat you, we're gonna head home with a prized possession of yours. Now I know that neither you nor anybody else in world cricket respects us. But I guarantee you this, YOU WILL RESPECT US!

I believe Bangladesh will Win and so should we Australia! Feed the Tigers!

kalpurush
February 19, 2015, 11:06 AM
NadStar. cool thread. Loving it!:applause:

simon
February 19, 2015, 11:17 AM
If it is a T20 then we r phebharites with the likes of Vijay,Sabbir,Ryad,Nas
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

cricplay
February 19, 2015, 11:22 AM
A message to Australia:

We know exactly what we signed up for. We know what you guys are. We know what you can do. We know you like the back of our hands. But we also know that you guys don't have a single idea about who we are. But you're gonna find. You are going to know who we are and what we do! We're gonna beat you soooo bad, that we're gonna take that "possible champions tag" away from you. And if we cant beat you, we're gonna head home with a prized possession of yours. Now I know that neither you nor anybody else in world cricket respects us. But I guarantee you this, YOU WILL RESPECT US!

ei dhoroner attitude ta drop kora jai na bhai? bhalo khelle jitbo...kharap khelle harbo...gaye pore to kauke bollar dorkar nai jay 'YOU WILL RESPECT US!'...it just shows a lack of self esteem...

amra consistently bhalo khelle international community amader emnei respect korbe... chapa bajir to dorkar nai...fans like you make the whole nation look bad....ei forum er onekei taj dekhai abong dhora khai bangladesh harar por....BE HUMBLE!

Dilscoop
February 19, 2015, 11:30 AM
https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/26353639/australia-on-high-weather-alert-at-gabba/

You can bold the texts all you want it's all just hawa batash sweet talk. They will fine tune and nitpick to get it perfect, while we'll go win as if nothing is wrong w/ our lineup, game plan or strategies because we won our last game. :facepalm:

BrianLara7
February 19, 2015, 11:39 AM
You can bold the texts all you want it's all just hawa batash sweet talk. They will fine tune and nitpick to get it perfect, while we'll go win as if nothing is wrong w/ our lineup, game plan or strategies because we won our last game. :facepalm:

I hope they are joking about fine tuning... The way they thrashed Anderson, Finn, Bell, Morgan etc without fine tuning... what will happen to our legends Anamul, tamim, rubel, mahmudullah after their so called tuning ?

WarWolf
February 19, 2015, 11:40 AM
bismillah.

insha Allah we will get points. If the match completes then we will leave the ground with two points. If it is washed out then we will get 1 point.

Dilscoop
February 19, 2015, 11:41 AM
I hope they are joking about fine tuning... The way they thrashed Anderson, Finn, Bell, Morgan etc without fine tuning... what will happen to our legends Anamul, tamim, rubel, mahmudullah after their so called tuning ?
Yeah, our best chance is if they overlook us and take us lightly.

ReZ_1
February 19, 2015, 01:21 PM
However we should be supporting NZ for NZ vs ENG match right? for our own benefit

meazz1
February 19, 2015, 01:30 PM
^^ Yes. Eng's 2 losses will pave the way for us.

CricketPagolChele
February 19, 2015, 02:09 PM
Allah megh de pani de, nahole joy de. :flag:
Bismillah. Allah megh de pani de...

meazz1
February 19, 2015, 02:23 PM

:floor::floor::lol:

Rubu
February 19, 2015, 02:29 PM
2 points--- afghan

Or NZ. They aren't so special that you can't even include them in the list.

Tigers_eye
February 19, 2015, 02:32 PM
Allah tho Megh disey, pani disey, bijoy'o disey. Ar ki lagbey?

Nadim
February 19, 2015, 02:35 PM
Or NZ. They aren't so special that you can't even include them in the list.

exactly. Remeber NZ haven't beat us for 7 consecutive odi's. Yeah it is in different condition but still...

Tigers_eye
February 19, 2015, 02:38 PM
As per weather.com
8am to 10am 100% rain
Then it gradually does down to 75% game time 3:30pm.
From 5pm to 10pm 60%.

Tausif
February 19, 2015, 02:40 PM
A message to Australia:

Bhai, amader top order er performance dekhe ekhon shudhu asha korchi je boys der lungi intact thake ar jodi sheta na hoy tahole respect to bhule jan.

TigersMeow
February 19, 2015, 03:46 PM
Let's not fool ourselves. We cannot beat Australia and it will not be a practice match. It will be more likely a thrashing, that we don't really need right now.

I believe the game is scheduled to start at 1:30 local time. Weather forecast is all over the place, some calling a stop around 4-5 pm, others 90%-100% all day. Having been through multiple tropical storms, I would say it will probably rain all day. Let's take the point and prepare for the Sri Lanka game.

ma_o_mati
February 19, 2015, 04:19 PM
Let's not fool ourselves. We cannot beat Australia and it will not be a practice match. It will be more likely a thrashing, that we don't really need right now.

I believe the game is scheduled to start at 1:30 local time. Weather forecast is all over the place, some calling a stop around 4-5 pm, others 90%-100% all day. Having been through multiple tropical storms, I would say it will probably rain all day. Let's take the point and prepare for the Sri Lanka game.

Well said

NoName
February 19, 2015, 05:00 PM
2 points--- afghan

I will not be confirmed on those 2 points til the match is done, its been way too many times seeing BD getting their butts handed to them by associates randomly and unexpectedly.

bodrul
February 19, 2015, 05:17 PM
I will not be confirmed on those 2 points til the match is done, its been way too many seeing BD getting their butts handed to them by associates randomly and unexpectedly.

Agree. Gladly take the one point from Oz match and pray that we do not see an anti-climax. BD is very good in staging anti-climax.

RazabQ
February 19, 2015, 05:18 PM
Look, we all know that 99.9999% probability Australia whups our behinds good. But fan _is_ short for fanatic. If we didn't believe in the .0001% chance that we could pull the mother of all upsets, then why play the game at all? We should just go give walkover.

BengaliPagol
February 19, 2015, 05:28 PM
As much as i want to watch both my countries play each other, my main goal is to see Bangladesh qualify so i think its more important to take the 1 point. We are lucky this 1 point is against Aus. If there was a washout against a winnable opponent like AFG, Scots or SL then id be pretty angry but its not.

G-man
February 19, 2015, 06:13 PM
hurricane taskin ahmed and rubel hossain got everyone fleeing before the game even starts.

tanvir_nus
February 19, 2015, 06:44 PM
This match would be a washout guys. Mascia is hitting the West coast here pretty hard, it's a category 5 not a category 1 storm as we heard earlier. Very slim chances of play :(

Jadukor
February 19, 2015, 07:00 PM
Overcast conditions + gabba + pat cummins, johnson, starc
i am glad we will get a point out of this

kalpurush
February 19, 2015, 07:19 PM
exactly. Remeber NZ haven't beat us for 7 consecutive odi's. Yeah it is in different condition but still...

The match would be playing in Hamilton which is a spinning pitch..:fanflag:

cricbook
February 19, 2015, 07:30 PM
i think between 20 to 30 over match will be play.....but i want 50 or nothing...because short game like that, bd dont have a chance..due to poor performance in t20 and unable hit big shots on death overs.

Faisal
February 19, 2015, 10:51 PM
There won't be any game tomorrow, it's raining like cats and dogs.. Shakib posted a video on his FB.

CricketPagolChele
February 20, 2015, 12:11 AM
Tomorrow's head line: "Gabba te Brishtir Thaba!"

5tonne
February 20, 2015, 12:35 AM
Tonight's A-League match (football) in Brisbane has been called off. The weatherman says no cricket match tomorrow.

Tigerblood99
February 20, 2015, 12:39 AM
Tonight's A-League match (football) in Brisbane has been called off. The weatherman says no cricket match tomorrow.

brilliant. thats the type of insight i was looking for. thanks for that

cricket_pagol
February 20, 2015, 01:54 AM
If we are lucky enough to get a game, odds are it will be a short game in the evening session.

Sam
February 20, 2015, 02:12 AM
Most probably Bangladesh is gonna share points with the Aussies

kalpurush
February 20, 2015, 02:19 AM
Most probably Bangladesh is gonna share points with the Aussies

Lucky Australia!

Night_wolf
February 20, 2015, 02:31 AM
Lol eto hingsa ke? Aus is lucky that it will rain naile 2 points paitam. Sahos thakle bd vs sl match thread khulen na :-p

SL match thread khulte sahos er dorkar nai..sahos lagbe NZ vs BD er match thread khulte..kapor chopor kisu thakbe bole mone hochena oidin

WorldCup11
February 20, 2015, 02:35 AM
SL match thread khulte sahos er dorkar nai..sahos lagbe NZ vs BD er match thread khulte..kapor chopor kisu thakbe bole mone hochena oidin

Don't worry, Rubel will take care of NZ.

Rana Melb
February 20, 2015, 02:35 AM

dont worry.. anamul will play innings of his life.

Shehwar
February 20, 2015, 02:41 AM
2 points--- afghan

Agree but it's also possible to qualify with 5 points say if England win only two matches and slip up against Scotland or Afghanistan!

Antora
February 20, 2015, 03:14 AM
Im in Brisbane atm. Rain has eased a bit,if it can stay away all night,there might be play MIGHT ( im hoping theres at least one over of play. My family and my choto mamas family here along with family friends from melbourne. Massive waste of money and time....)!

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 03:18 AM
Im in Brisbane atm. Rain has eased a bit,if it can stay away all night,there might be play MIGHT ( im hoping theres at least one over of play. My family and my choto mamas family here along with family friends from melbourne. Massive waste of money and time....)!

Hi angora can u keep us updated throughout the day on condition please... I need to know few hours beforehand the likelihood of play thanks

Btw weather predicts rain to be hardest tomorrow though fyi.... Did the cyclone hit yet....when is it projected to hit that area? what weatherman saying there...

So many questions

Roni_uk
February 20, 2015, 03:26 AM
I got my hotel reservation cancelled, they were happy to do so due to extreme weather. However, TigerAir wont announce cancellation until the last minute and if they do, I would be refunded. Matchwise, if less than 25 overs are played, then everyone will be refunded.

Each team will need to play at 20 overs to get a result out of it.

http://www.qldcricket.com.au/blog/2015/02/20/icc-release-on-world-cup-match/

WorldCup11
February 20, 2015, 03:27 AM
This is live radar image from brisbane showing rain rate. You can Change the radius too from 128 to 256 or 512 km.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml

Roni_uk
February 20, 2015, 03:29 AM
Chance of very heavy rain for tomorrow increased from 90 to 100%.

Amount of rain 30 to 100 mm

Bom.gov.au

WorldCup11
February 20, 2015, 03:30 AM

Welcome to Brisbane :)

Antora
February 20, 2015, 03:34 AM
Hi angora can u keep us updated throughout the day on condition please... I need to know few hours beforehand the likelihood of play thanks

Btw weather predicts rain to be hardest tomorrow though fyi.... Did the cyclone hit yet....when is it projected to hit that area? what weatherman saying there...

So many questions

Hahaha. Well our motel is about 30 mins away from Brisbane city centre and its not raining here or there atm. The rain in this area was not exactly due to the Cyclone,rather a weather pattern of its own. The cyclone has hit,but now gone down to category 2 from 5. It is expected to rain tomorrow morning,but meant to clear off later in the day. Not exactly sure what's happening with the game. Hoping for the best. :)

Antora
February 20, 2015, 03:38 AM
Welcome to Brisbane :)

Thank you. Last time i was here was when i was 9/10 years old lol. Wish the weather was a bit more welcoming. :(

BanCricFan
February 20, 2015, 04:52 AM
So CA cannot afford a covered stadium? They should apply to BCB for loans. Miskins. You should ask for compensation, Antora.

Tausif
February 20, 2015, 05:28 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/206300/206329.jpg
Mashrafe Mortaza looks at the ground as rain prevented practice, World Cup, Brisbane, February 20, 2015

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/206300/206331.jpg
Mashrafe Mortaza inspects the wet outfield at the Gabba, World Cup, Brisbane, February 20, 2015

Source (http://www.espncricinfo.com/)

Tausif
February 20, 2015, 05:37 AM
Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza said his team were preparing for a full game against Australia on Saturday, although the chances of a 50-over game are minimal after Cyclone Marcia made landfall on the Queensland coast in the early hours of Friday. Both teams had indoor practice sessions on the eve of the match.

"I think it is negative to think of only the one point," Mashrafe said. "We are preparing to play a full match. We don't want to play a curtailed game as forming a team combination becomes harder. We are disappointed with the rain but preparation difficulties have been there for both sides. But they are used to playing in these conditions and missing a few days wouldn't matter to them. We needed at least some time to bat and bowl in the nets here. We definitely want to play. It would be some experience playing against this Australian side.

"We are not looking for the one point, but definitely playing against Australia, I feel like in Gabba it is a different experience. We'll have to see if the game is happening. If we can play good cricket in here, definitely it will help in the future against Sri Lanka, against New Zealand. So it is disappointing for us. Also, if you can get one point, whatever is happening is happening for good, so we don't mind that."

full article (http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/835259.html)

duke
February 20, 2015, 07:09 AM
Though every one of us wants to see how BD fares against Aus tomorrow but if you think about it logically and unemotionally , the match getting called off would the best result for BD as it will increase their chances of qualifying for quarterfinals.

Roni_uk
February 20, 2015, 07:21 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/206300/206329.jpg

awesome picture this. Bangladeshi captain looks on at the Gabba with his chappals

cricman
February 20, 2015, 09:25 AM
I would have loved for us to play a match at the Gabba though

Oh Well, I won't complain about splitting the points.

Honestly I believe we can beat Pak/Ind/WI in the QF if we get there. SA (Who knows Choking narrative but they're too good right now) Ire (We won't top the Table)

Nafi
February 20, 2015, 09:28 AM
DAT Form guide

(last five matches, most recent first)

Australia:WWWWW
Bangladesh:WWWWW

tiger_army
February 20, 2015, 09:35 AM
Cancelled my hotel and will cancel my flight tomorrow morning. :(

epitaph
February 20, 2015, 10:49 AM
They should be preparing for a T20 match and not a 50-over game.

The team has the right, positive attitude. As a fan and being practical, I of course want the game to be washed out. But I feel bad for all those who made plans and have to cancel.

mufi_02
February 20, 2015, 10:58 AM
Gabba is a beautiful cricket ground. Tamim said --

তামিমের যে আবার চ্যালেঞ্জটাই পছন্দ, ‘অস্ট্রেলিয়ার এই বোলিং অ্যাটাকের বিপক্ষে খেলার খুব ইচ্ছা আমার। ওদের খেলে আমি নিজের অবস্থানটাও বুঝতে চাই।’

বাংলাদেশ দুবার অস্ট্রেলিয়া সফর করেছে, তবে কোনোবারই অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিখ্যাত ভেন্যুগুলোর কোনোটিতে খেলার সুযোগ মেলেনি। ভবিষ্যতেও কবে ব্রিসবেনে খেলার সুযোগ পাওয়া যাবে বা আদৌ পাওয়া যাবে কি না ঠিক নেই। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটাররা তাই অলৌকিক কিছুরই প্রার্থনা করছেন।

এসব মাঠে খেলার আকুতিটা তাতে আরও বেড়েছে, ‘ছবিতে-টেলিভিশনে এত দেখেছি, সবকিছু মিলিয়ে দেখছিলাম। এমসিজিতে একবার শহীদ আফ্রিদি বিশাল একটা ছক্কা মেরেছিল। বলটা কোথায় পড়েছিল তা বোঝার চেষ্টা করলাম।’ বিশ্বকাপের ফিকশ্চার হওয়ার দিন থেকেই ব্রিসবেন আর মেলবোর্নের ম্যাচ দুটির দিন গুনছিলেন। সেটি বলতে বলতে তামিম প্রশ্ন করেন, ‘অস্ট্রেলিয়ার একটা মাঠ আছে না, অনেকটা লর্ডসের মতো দেখতে?’
লর্ডসের সঙ্গে যে মাঠের মিল খুঁজে পান, সেই এসসিজিতে তো আর বাংলাদেশের খেলা নেই। তবে হ্যাঁ, কোয়ার্টার ফাইনালে উঠতে পারলে সেখানে খেলার একটা সুযোগ থাকবে। তামিম মৃদু হেসে বললেন, ‘উঠেও তো যেতে পারি।’

We have never played in these historic Aussie grounds and most likely won't play in near future. That's why I want the match to go on and so I could see at least one Tamim's cover drive for 4, Shakib's pull for six, Mushy's flick for six, Riyad upper cutting Mitchell Johnson for the maximum..

But yeah I will take the one point too.

Rana Melb
February 20, 2015, 12:03 PM
Michael Clarke is ready to play . He mentioned that he watched the game against AFGHANISTAN n stressed that BD has individual talent.

cricbook
February 20, 2015, 12:17 PM
Hope to see match is playing. ...waited too long for this match...rain can't be just take away...I have a feelings, tiger's will roar again....joi bangla.:flag:

Nadim
February 20, 2015, 12:50 PM
Gabba is a beautiful cricket ground. Tamim said --

We have never played in these historic Aussie grounds and most likely won't play in near future. That's why I want the match to go on and so I could see at least one Tamim's cover drive for 4, Shakib's pull for six, Mushy's flick for six, Riyad upper cutting Mitchell Johnson for the maximum..

But yeah I will take the one point too.

Cricket khela asole onek easy tai na?

M.H.Rubel
February 20, 2015, 12:55 PM
How many batsman should we take? If we take 8 batsman it seems we are one bowler short.If we take 7 batsman it seems we are one batsman short.

mufi_02
February 20, 2015, 01:00 PM
Cricket khela asole onek easy tai na?

Riyad er form dekhso tumi? He would have blasted Johnson and the other pacers today. He would leave the first bouncer. But will the hook the next one to the second tiers of Gabba.

WarWolf
February 20, 2015, 01:04 PM
How many batsman should we take? If we take 8 batsman it seems we are one bowler short.If we take 7 batsman it seems we are one batsman short.

Now think if we didn't have Shakib!!

M.H.Rubel
February 20, 2015, 01:08 PM
Now think if we didn't have Shakib!!

Basically 7 batsman is just enough. Specially if you have Mushy and Sabbir as finisher. The thing is our batsman are very irresponsible and erratic in performance.

kalpurush
February 20, 2015, 01:36 PM
Basically 7 batsman is just enough. Specially if you have Mushy and Sabbir as finisher. The thing is our batsman are very irresponsible and erratic in performance.

Watching the English playing against the Kiwis last evening, our batters seems ok to me!

AbuDarda
February 20, 2015, 01:42 PM
Any update about current condition??? is it still raining?

MohammedShamim
February 20, 2015, 01:58 PM
I am dreaming that the hurricane will stop so I and we can see the match!

kalpurush
February 20, 2015, 02:02 PM
I am dreaming that the hurricane will stop so I and we can see the match!

It's not raining much now and rain might be totally stopped before noon per local friends.
We might get a T20 match...never know!

Antora
February 20, 2015, 02:09 PM
Its 5am here currently ( he humid weather making sleep a painful experience),i dont hear any rain atm. Here's today's weatherhttp://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/brisbane.shtml

imtiaz82
February 20, 2015, 02:20 PM
It's not raining much now and rain might be totally stopped before noon per local friends.
We might get a T20 match...never know!

A 20 over match at Gabba against Australia on a pitch that has been covered and not received much sunshine (i.e. not only fast but with swing) will scare even the best of teams..But that means, we have nothing to loose but everything to gain. A win here, will get the attention of the whole cricketing world!

TigersMeow
February 20, 2015, 02:54 PM
We lost 2 games against Aussie XI, what makes anyone think we can win against the national team, in a WC match, on their home turf, in front of tens of thousands of aussie fans ?

I feel for all the fans that showed up to watch, but you might get a chance to see them in the next round.

Vepu
February 20, 2015, 03:13 PM
If we bowl first you never know. Mash, taskin, rubel, al amin. Killer attack

ReZ_1
February 20, 2015, 03:13 PM
The ideal case would be Bangladesh batting first 50 overs and then bowling next 10 overs and then let the heaven to pour down for the rest of the time...

al Furqaan
February 20, 2015, 03:18 PM
If the rain has stopped and the drainage is as good as we think, might get a 35 over match. Hate anything less than 30 for ODIs.

fuzzy
February 20, 2015, 03:40 PM
Its 6:40 am in brisbane looks gloomy. Good news is it not raining

fuzzy
February 20, 2015, 03:54 PM
Actually its raining

cricman
February 20, 2015, 03:54 PM
4 Pacers at one of the Fast Bowler friendly venues in the world.

I want to see.

Ian Pont said Taskin and Rubel bowl considerably faster than the English Pacers.

Tigerblood99
February 20, 2015, 04:01 PM
Actually its raining

-___- :facepalm: :facepalm:

TigersMeow
February 20, 2015, 04:10 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAecjnI7lmvLmibJ0_HhRaNZrZSKp62 ok90SQstmb45TbTBVc9

Eshen
February 20, 2015, 04:52 PM
If it becomes a T20, Sunny should be given a chance.

shuziburo
February 20, 2015, 05:41 PM
If it is a shortened match, anything can happen. But, I don't like D/L AFTER the match starts.

cricket_pagol
February 20, 2015, 05:45 PM
It is not about winning or losing, our players need as much experience as possible in these difficult batting conditions.

epitaph
February 20, 2015, 05:52 PM
We lost 2 games against Aussie XI, what makes anyone think we can win against the national team, in a WC match, on their home turf, in front of tens of thousands of aussie fans ?

I feel for all the fans that showed up to watch, but you might get a chance to see them in the next round.

Indeed. Odd level of optimism.

It would've been nice to see how we do against the in their home turf, on fast wicket, and it would've been good practice and good experience for the players. It was a good opportunity to measure themselves against the benchmark in a special stadium in a different climate. (But at the same time, a heavy defeat would've resulted in us losing confidence and doing poorly in the remaining games.)

But reaching QF trumps all that. And they'll hardly get anything out of it in a T20 game, and in a T20 or a 30-over game, there's an even higher chance of Australia soundly beating us.

Moh899
February 20, 2015, 06:05 PM
if the match doesnt go on then aww well..lucky aussies!

but if it does go on, then Bangladesh will serve a dish so cold to the aussies! Bangladesh are going to serve it soo sloww! we're going to make the aussies believe in our brand of justice! Big 3? huh... more like pig 3!

G-man
February 20, 2015, 06:09 PM
at Sydney airport waiting to fly...apparently the forecast is to clear up later. Friends there already..Says it should clear up later.

Tausif
February 20, 2015, 06:12 PM
Heavy rain chances right now but becoming less likely in the afternoon. Looks like we'll have a game.

Duck
February 20, 2015, 06:12 PM
If it is a shortened match, anything can happen. But, I don't like D/L AFTER the match starts.

good that it will not be a shortened T20!

Eshen
February 20, 2015, 06:14 PM
If it becomes a shorter match, kick Riyad out as well as Anam. Bring in Nasir and Sunny.

Duck
February 20, 2015, 06:15 PM
at Sydney airport waiting to fly...apparently the forecast is to clear up later. Friends there already..Says it should clear up later.

Great! Just read in Cricinfo that the Gabba has the best drainage system.......

Dilscoop
February 20, 2015, 06:37 PM
Shorter game would be dangerous. Maxwell, Warner, Finch, Smith don't need any extra invitation do go berzerk. Whole we have Tamim, Anam, Momin, Riyadh, smh.

G-man
February 20, 2015, 06:42 PM
Lot of bangaliz here at the airport..the passion is real.

simon
February 20, 2015, 06:49 PM
if it is a 20-25 over game will it be a better idea to pick Al Amin instead of Taskn or Rubel ? I think AA is good at not giving away too many

TigersMeow
February 20, 2015, 06:52 PM
According to the weather radar it sure looks like it will clear out by game time. Good for the fans there.

:wave: 1 point and the slight chance of making it to the next round. Hope I am proven wrong.

Han.has
February 20, 2015, 06:57 PM
Still raining in Brisbane! No sign of stoping.

syedmahm
February 20, 2015, 07:08 PM
From Twitter:
Graeme Swann (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=Swannyg66) @Swannyg66

It's absolutely banging it down here in Brisbane. No play tonight unless it's a swimming competition I reckon

2m ago (https://twitter.com/Swannyg66/status/568924316143722496)

One World
February 20, 2015, 07:10 PM
Cats and dogs?

zia
February 20, 2015, 07:11 PM
If no ball is bowled then how the points will be shared? Any idea?

Dilscoop
February 20, 2015, 07:12 PM
How can there be so many difference of "opinions" about the whether? It's either raining or not!

Abirz
February 20, 2015, 07:23 PM
Gabba curator has all but given up on the game, isn't this the best case scenario for us?

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/02/21/curator-gives-gabba-clash/

Abirz
February 20, 2015, 07:25 PM
There's a bloody cyclone here atm, and people are talking about is it raining lol, even if it isnt, pitch and outfield has been drench the last few days, very little chance of game going through

Han.has
February 20, 2015, 07:26 PM
It's raining out there.

Sayeed Haque
February 20, 2015, 07:38 PM
If no ball is bowled then how the points will be shared? Any idea?
First come first serve I suppose!

al Furqaan
February 20, 2015, 07:39 PM
Why can't they do a reserve day tomorrow when it dries up? There is no game at gabba for a while. They knew about the hurricane days in advance why not move the venue then? ICC are clowns!

Oh well for once it helps us.

cricbook
February 20, 2015, 08:16 PM
Salar depression day today....had a lots of thought about this game... every time rain had to ruin it

Tausif
February 20, 2015, 08:20 PM
BRISBANE WEATHER UPDATE: AUSTRALIA V BANGLADESH

Our thoughts are with people who have been adversely affected. As the forecast for Brisbane has improved somewhat, there is a chance at this stage that play can go ahead today, perhaps with reduced overs.

While that chance exists, match officials will try to give the teams the chance to compete for maximum points as there are no reserve days during the pool stage of the tournament. Once the situation becomes clear later in the day, ticket holders will be advised about any potential refunds.

ICC (http://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/news/2015/media-releases/85923/brisbane-weather-update-australia-v-bangladesh)

Purbasha T
February 20, 2015, 08:22 PM
Ah dangit!

Antora
February 20, 2015, 08:55 PM
So its raining, but sun kinda showing....meant to clear by 1-2 pm .*fingers crossed*

Tigerblood99
February 20, 2015, 08:55 PM
Bujtesi na eto kannakatir ki hoilo?

You are getting a free point from the best team in the tournament by far.

Take the point gracefully.

Oo you want to beat Australia? No worries. They are not leaving anytime soon. Semi final ok?

Just get there now. That extra point is basically Australia's welcome gift. Beat england. Get in the knockout. Enjoy the tournament.

Thank you australia. I accept your free point on behalf of BCF

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 08:56 PM
anyone in brisbane? Is it still raining or did it stop.. should I tell rifat to do a 3 hours drive... ? If still raining then no hope but if it stopped then maybe chance of some play....

Rifat
February 20, 2015, 08:56 PM
Bangladesh does not have a good track record on playing shorter formats(any opposition). On world cup 2007, our match against the same opposition was curtailed due to rain, but that was a different time with a different set of players with different skill sets, so perhaps the comparison is not fair.

Nonetheless, even if game goes on, however long or short we have nothing to lose today :)

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 08:57 PM
So its raining, but sun kinda showing....meant to clear by 1-2 pm .*fingers crossed*

ok got my answer... it's raining that's the real thing... sun thakuk aar na thakuk...

inspyr9
February 20, 2015, 09:00 PM
We need a andre russel in our lineup so bad

nsd3
February 20, 2015, 09:03 PM
Game is deferred by 3.5 hrs.

Rana Melb
February 20, 2015, 09:05 PM
Possible 20 overs game. Probably nasir in n batting order reshuffle.

Tigerblood99
February 20, 2015, 09:05 PM
Game is deferred by 3.5 hrs.

So... How many overs might be in?

QUICK! Someone guesstimate

Abirz
February 20, 2015, 09:12 PM
So in other news, Andre Russel just smashed 42* from 13 balls

Rifat
February 20, 2015, 09:12 PM
Mortaza looks like he is ready to kill someone :-p

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/205100/205187.jpg

zman
February 20, 2015, 09:14 PM
If 3 and half hours are lost it'll likely be a 25 over match. I'm hoping a total of 35 overs will be played. Game will be reduced to 20 overs, Aus will bat first and after 15 overs of BD batting rain will interrupt again and play will be called off. We get to watch both teams bat and bowl and both teams get 1 point each. Sounds fair enough

zman
February 20, 2015, 09:18 PM
Will Mash drink all those gatorades? emnitei brishtir din...khela shurur por warner ar finch pitano shuru korle to bladder e pressure porbe beshi

cricket_pagol
February 20, 2015, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the update Antora. Really apprciate it. Hopefully, we wil have 35-40 over game.

Vua
February 20, 2015, 09:22 PM
Will wake up in 5 hours and assess situation. If still no sign of a game, will go back to sleep!

Rana Melb
February 20, 2015, 09:26 PM
No more than 25 overs game.. news from Gabba

al Furqaan
February 20, 2015, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/mlwsport/status/568957636248346624

Leafs PWN
February 20, 2015, 09:31 PM
Keep raining pls. Free point here, then all we have to do is beat Scotland and one of England or Sri Lanka.

Apanara harar jonno eto pagol hoye gesen ken I dont know. Feel for the fans who traveled to Brisbane for the game though.

Nafi
February 20, 2015, 09:33 PM
If 3 and half hours are lost it'll likely be a 25 over match. I'm hoping a total of 35 overs will be played. Game will be reduced to 20 overs, Aus will bat first and after 15 overs of BD batting rain will interrupt again and play will be called off. We get to watch both teams bat and bowl and both teams get 1 point each. Sounds fair enough

That would be great

Ishmumislam
February 20, 2015, 09:35 PM
1 point means absolutely nothing as england's RR is ruined beyond repair

BengaliPagol
February 20, 2015, 09:35 PM
There will be a game today. Lets look at the positives shorter game could mean we have a better chance of winning. Plus our pacers can be good enough to cause some trouble.

BengaliPagol
February 20, 2015, 09:39 PM
$1.05 for aus to win lol

Antora
February 20, 2015, 09:45 PM
So, driving around brissy now, some parts are drizzle and where I am now,near Gabba, it's pouring....

MHRAM
February 20, 2015, 09:56 PM
I know some fans would like the match to proceed but this match won't really help. Infact even a 25 over match will dent our confidence.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Nafi
February 20, 2015, 09:57 PM
So, driving around brissy now, some parts are drizzle and where I am now,near Gabba, it's pouring....

Thanks for updates keep them flowing.

Han.has
February 20, 2015, 09:58 PM

Thanks for update Antora.

shabbir
February 20, 2015, 09:58 PM
Star Sports showing it is raining at Gabba

BengaliPagol
February 20, 2015, 10:01 PM
Which sky sports channel are they showing the bd v aus game?

raad007
February 20, 2015, 10:03 PM
Was reading the updates on Cricinfo, and apparently the drainage system is one of the best in the world. They only cover the pitch and not the surrounding parts as the ground never gets wet and the water just goes through. As some said earlier, some game and then called off would be great.

Antora
February 20, 2015, 10:10 PM
The rain is such a pain lol. It goes away for a bit and you think it has stopped. Next minute, pours down ...

Antora
February 20, 2015, 10:17 PM
Thanks for updates keep them flowing.

Going to dawat lol. Cleared a bit. Hopefully stays this way...

Nadim
February 20, 2015, 10:18 PM
Players still in the hotel lol. Back to sleep :(

Tiger Manc
February 20, 2015, 10:26 PM
1 point means absolutely nothing as england's RR is ruined beyond repair

58 and 78 eto taratari bhule geso?

Rifat
February 20, 2015, 10:26 PM
if you listen to Johnathan Trott and and the other two commentators talking about Bangladesh they are talking with much respect compared to the pre game talk versus Afghanistan. and they are not writing Bangladesh off (unlike other times) it goes to show, when Bangladesh performs respect/praise from people, critics will come in sha Allah. why do some fans expect praise for Bangladesh team when the performance is not there?

Tiger Manc
February 20, 2015, 10:30 PM
Which sky sports channel are they showing the bd v aus game?

They're showing it on the red button. They're showing Windies v pak on sky sports 2

G-man
February 20, 2015, 10:37 PM
Pretty sure there won't be a game..got to Bris..

Gowza
February 20, 2015, 10:40 PM
Two channels with coverage here in Australia, one is showing a movie atm and the other has the NZ-ENG match replay.

RazabQ
February 20, 2015, 10:42 PM
My friend at the stadium just posted on FB that it's clearing up

Rifat
February 20, 2015, 10:48 PM
my biggest disappointment is that we rarely, we rarely get to play Australia. last time we played them was in 2011.

BD_TigerZ
February 20, 2015, 10:52 PM
There won't be a game. A point gained. Good result for us. People need to wake up if they thought we could win this.

Roni_uk
February 20, 2015, 10:53 PM

so did my friends, its pouring down :)

i decided to forfeit my flight ticket :(

al Furqaan
February 20, 2015, 10:54 PM

It will clear up, but I'm not sure if it will be in time. Let's hope so.

Rana Melb
February 20, 2015, 10:59 PM
They're showing it on the red button. They're showing Windies v pak on sky sports 2

Pak game will be finishing soon

MHRAM
February 20, 2015, 10:59 PM
On the other hand Pakistan have made a good recovery aftera a dismal start

Antora
February 20, 2015, 11:00 PM
Its raining a bit again. :( ar bhalo lagey na. :'(

RazabQ
February 20, 2015, 11:05 PM
Ok he just messaged me. Khela hobe!!!

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 11:06 PM
Its raining a bit again. :( ar bhalo lagey na. :'(

Haha I feel for u guys.... lots of plans and money wasted ...

All up had to do was trust the weatherman....

I also feel bad cancelling our month long planned get together lol

meazz1
February 20, 2015, 11:06 PM
^^ he who?

Gowza
February 20, 2015, 11:08 PM
They've put up the boundary rope and are doing the signage

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 11:11 PM
Ok he just messaged me. Khela hobe!!!

Who is this guy? He is trolling u... he knows no more than us at this point

RazabQ
February 20, 2015, 11:13 PM
Orphy he just posted a selfie of himself and his kid kitted in bd jersey. From Gabba.

al Furqaan
February 20, 2015, 11:15 PM
They've put up the boundary rope and are doing the signage

Alhamdulillah

Rifat
February 20, 2015, 11:18 PM
Who is this guy? He is trolling u... he knows no more than us at this point

if game starts before 12 then i guess i missed out :)

RazabQ
February 20, 2015, 11:19 PM
25/side it seems

Night_wolf
February 20, 2015, 11:20 PM
darn 1 point geloga

zman
February 20, 2015, 11:21 PM
They're getting the boundary ready but it's still raining. They're expecting rain to subside in an hour and a half but there's really no guarantee. It looks really wet and grim. If there's any play I hope Aus bat first, we get to bat a little and eventually match gets called off. I don't see us surviving more than 15-20 overs at the Gabba in these moist swinging conditions. I don't think too many teams would.

meazz1
February 20, 2015, 11:22 PM
2 points gone

One World
February 20, 2015, 11:23 PM
Here is the community page,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Live-from-Gabba-Bangladesh-vs-Australia/1388005721513623

Anybody can get update.

RazabQ
February 20, 2015, 11:24 PM
1 point would not have mattered. We need 3 wins

G-man
February 20, 2015, 11:25 PM
Radar looks clear..might clear up who knows..slow painful rain

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 11:25 PM
if game starts before 12 then i guess i missed out :)

It's not gonna start before 12 but there is a possibility of play it seems.... I am sorry ...I made a judgement call based on weather reports ...

It would not have been so bad watching this pak thrashing while awaiting bd game I guess. But it would equally suck if no bd play at all....

SS
February 20, 2015, 11:30 PM
১ পয়েন্ট পাবার সুযোগ টা চলে গেল

SS
February 20, 2015, 11:32 PM
Era je koira hok amader khelabe... Karon jane 20 over er moddhe amago Khel kotom

Mas_UK25
February 20, 2015, 11:33 PM
We should happily take the 1 point

BanCricFan
February 20, 2015, 11:37 PM
১ পয়েন্ট পাবার সুযোগ টা চলে গেল

Yes, we might get 3 instead, bhai. :)

20 overs a game. Bowl first knock them over for 100 (in this conditions) and chase it down in 10 overs. Up the NRR. :up:

iDumb
February 20, 2015, 11:37 PM
Era je koira hok amader khelabe... Karon jane 20 over er moddhe amago Khel kotom

Taito mone hoitache ....

Max100
February 20, 2015, 11:38 PM
khela hole 2 point chai

na hole 1 pt niye khushi

MHRAM
February 20, 2015, 11:39 PM
I hear its still raining.

It may ease off for now but not to forget that rain can come back later on

MHRAM
February 20, 2015, 11:45 PM
Rain has increased

complete downpour as per latest update.

Eshen
February 20, 2015, 11:45 PM
If it becomes a shorter match, kick Riyad out as well as Anam. Bring in Nasir and Sunny.
Scrap Sunny, get Taijjo. The pitch should be sticky and should provide some turns.

Al Amin should play in place of Taskin, as he is more skilled to take advantage of seam movement.

My team for a shorter match in this condition would be -

Tamim
Soumya
Momin
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Sabbir
Mash
Taijul
Rubel
Al Amin

Oni_cricket
February 20, 2015, 11:50 PM
Totally confused.Ekek jon ekek kotha boltese :-/

Alvi
February 20, 2015, 11:51 PM
Scrap Sunny, get Taijjo. The pitch should be sticky and should provide some turns.

Al Amin should play in place of Taskin, as he is more skilled to take advantage of seam movement.

My team for a shorter match in this condition would be -

Tamim
Soumya
Momin
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Sabbir
Mash
Taijul
Rubel
Al Amin

I think Taskin may perform better than Al Amin. Aussies will smack around a slower bowler to all parts of the ground. We often see Indian bowlers manhandled by Warner and co. Taskin consistently bowls 140+.

Eshen
February 20, 2015, 11:56 PM
^^I don't think Aussies will have much of a problem smacking around a unskilled 140+ bowler either. IMO, AA has better chance to contain them even if he can't get wickets.

Eshen
February 20, 2015, 11:58 PM
Latest pictures
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-V6lR1IAAAFo97.jpg:small https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-V6lLeIEAACDTd.jpg:small

BanCricFan
February 21, 2015, 12:01 AM
No hope for our West Bangladeshi brothers. Expect more TV smashing ceremonies there. They should really play a 5 match series with AFG.

Eshen
February 21, 2015, 12:03 AM
^^ I second that!

Bonglababu
February 21, 2015, 12:09 AM
wtf guys? rain stopped? I thought we already bagged a point. :o

Eshen
February 21, 2015, 12:11 AM
Poor Pakis! Lost by 150 runs!

cricman
February 21, 2015, 12:20 AM
Don't stay up guys, ICC should do everyone a favor and call it off instead of wasting everyone's time.

Rifat_02
February 21, 2015, 12:21 AM
Is there any chance of a 20/20 game at least

al Furqaan
February 21, 2015, 12:23 AM
Don't stay up guys, ICC should do everyone a favor and call it off instead of wasting everyone's time.

Yeah I gave up a half hour ago.

cricbook
February 21, 2015, 12:25 AM
Still Damm raining heavy...come on ICC say yes or go to sleep...dhurrr

mufi_02
February 21, 2015, 12:30 AM
RazabQ bhai's info kept me up. Turned to be false info. Now I want my money back!! Refund me BC!!!!!

Rifat
February 21, 2015, 12:35 AM
cheer up, mufi your fantasy pick andre russel just demolished Pakistan so you should be expecting to catch up to DonalC any time now...

iDumb
February 21, 2015, 12:36 AM
RazabQ bhai's info kept me up. Turned to be false info. Now I want my money back!! Refund me BC!!!!!

razab has no friends.. that was his enemy..

he probably thought when they are just putting boundary rope and advertisements that game gonna start... instead of assessing the situation himself....
------------------------------
I trust Google more than anyone and according to google...it was supposed to rain heavily till 2 am estern time and drizzle on ward..

now it seems like gonna rain for 1 more hour heavily per google then will clear... and depending how fast they clean the stuff up, there may still be a game.

iDumb
February 21, 2015, 12:38 AM
where is anotora or anyone actually in brisbane... tell us about the weather there now....

reyme
February 21, 2015, 12:38 AM
1 point would not have mattered. We need 3 wins

What if 5 teams have 3 wins or more?

1 point can be the factor about making the QF.

Losing today can destroy our morale big time, not to mention big dent in net run rate.

iDumb
February 21, 2015, 12:41 AM
Whether it helps or not a point is better than no point... so it's a good thing....

and i agree the cleaning will not be fast enough for a game today.. that's my call....

Tigerblood99
February 21, 2015, 12:42 AM
so.....

there is still chance of play? as per discussed, the 20/20 right?

reyme
February 21, 2015, 12:43 AM
Lot of people are dying to see the game. In this wet condition if we lose 3 or 4 early wickets all the screams will be gone. Same people will start cursing..It's a mine field out there now... We have zero chance of winning

Tigerblood99
February 21, 2015, 12:45 AM
The selfie boys have not posted any selfies.

Good sign its over.

Max100
February 21, 2015, 12:47 AM
if its t20 squad should be

tamim
anamul
soumya
mushy
shakib
nasir
sabbir
mahmudullah (if early wkt falls, he should bat upper)
mashrafe
rubel
taskin

shabbir
February 21, 2015, 12:50 AM
Field will be inspected on 1230 BD time for curtail match.

Source:Channel I

BengaliPagol
February 21, 2015, 12:51 AM
Sky sports guy said game is unlikely to go on. It has to stop raining before 4:30 local time. Which is in abt 40mins

G-man
Weather is sad..slow steady rain..

Roni_uk
we should open a weather thread...

cricman
February 21, 2015, 12:52 AM
Those are some heavy puddles I don't care how good the drainage system is

Tigerblood99
February 21, 2015, 12:54 AM
Can a regular member explain to me y ppl post their XI? Seems like an useless exercise to me.

Rifat
February 21, 2015, 12:54 AM
I am still backing Mahmudullah Riyad for the following reasons:

*) His off spin bowling may help than hurt
*) Decent form with the bat since the Zimbabwe series plus the warm up games. Sure, he was very circumspect against Afghanistan but against top opposition, his main role should be to keep the top order together and not collapse. give him a go for another couple of games and see if he improves.(a lot of people may already be calling for his head but i still have hopes for him)

cricman79
February 21, 2015, 12:59 AM
If it is a mine field for us, so is for Aussies. Our bowling strength might not be comparable with them, but we know our bowling potential as well. Chill...:)

Lot of people are dying to see the game. In this wet condition if we lose 3 or 4 early wickets all the screams will be gone. Same people will start cursing..It's a mine field out there now... We have zero chance of winning

Tausif
February 21, 2015, 01:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still waiting on the weather in Brisbane unfortunately, we'll have the latest here <a href="http://t.co/iiKSIaQKtn">http://t.co/iiKSIaQKtn</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cwc15?src=hash">#cwc15</a> <a href="http://t.co/v2ZjvoMzgk">pic.twitter.com/v2ZjvoMzgk</a></p>&mdash; ICC (@ICC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ICC/status/569013131097157632">February 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BengaliPagol
February 21, 2015, 01:12 AM
Commies love taskin !

AbuDarda
February 21, 2015, 01:22 AM
16:10 Local: Time is running out to get this game prepared for an 18:30 Localstart. The chiefgroundsman has said it's going to take about 2 hours to get the outfield ready, so we're cutting it extremely fine to get this match going. First things first though, we need this rain to stop.

------From ICC WEBSITE

RazabQ
February 21, 2015, 01:37 AM
Guys, in my friend's defense, it started reading heavily again AFTER he and I messaged. He had to go inside so his kid could do an interview with Star Sports. I'm bummed too!

Tausif
February 21, 2015, 01:45 AM
4.42 pm And it is official, the match has been abandoned due to rain, without a single ball being bowled. So with this no-result both Australia and Bangladesh share a point, with Australia and Bangladesh now taking on the second and third spot respectively in the Pool A standings. New Zealand, with three out of three wins, reign supreme. - CI

Hawk-Eye
February 21, 2015, 01:45 AM
And it is official, the match has been abandoned due to rain, without a single ball being bowled.

riajul
February 21, 2015, 01:46 AM
The match has been called off.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Nadim
February 21, 2015, 01:47 AM
Happy with a point :)

Rinathq
February 21, 2015, 01:51 AM
great.......wasnt excited about playing the Aussies in this condition. the 1 point wont possibly help us as eitherways we will have to win 2 more games out of the remaining 4.

Tausif
February 21, 2015, 01:53 AM
Happy with the fact that our NRR is still unaffected. Need 2 more wins and boom we are in the QF!

BANFAN
February 21, 2015, 01:57 AM
We needed the practice...at least the bowling and batting a few overs would be helpful. This one point is pretty useless. Anyway, we don't have a choice. Waiting for next game :)

Nadim
February 21, 2015, 01:59 AM
great.......wasnt excited about playing the Aussies in this condition. the 1 point wont possibly help us as eitherways we will have to win 2 more games out of the remaining 4.

True. Would have trashed us and mess up our NRR. 1 point might not help us but it certainly helping us with the NRR(no change) which could be crucial to qualify for the qf.

iDumb
February 21, 2015, 02:00 AM
Guys, in my friend's defense, it started reading heavily again AFTER he and I messaged. He had to go inside so his kid could do an interview with Star Sports. I'm bummed too!

Yeah right...now ur friends kid doing interview on tv..... U getting trolled like nothing bro...

Rifat I am glad it washed out...I made the right decision... As always :)

G-man
February 21, 2015, 02:01 AM
Rain stops 15 mins after called off..

riajul
February 21, 2015, 02:04 AM
Don't worry guys, we'll play the Aussies in the final.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Antora
February 21, 2015, 02:18 AM
Just as I walk in,match called off. That luck! What's even more sad is rain has stopped,clouds moving away.Anyway, for those who know what i look like, look out for a crazy girl dancing at the mcg later this week. Loool

Roni_uk
February 21, 2015, 02:24 AM
^^ see you at the MCG... Malinga here we come!!

BengaliPagol
February 21, 2015, 02:41 AM
See u guys at mcg!!

MHRAM
February 21, 2015, 02:56 AM
Bangladesh sitting pretty at third place

Rana Melb
February 21, 2015, 03:24 AM
Pat Cummings dream did not come true....
http://m.bdcricteam.com/2015/02/pat-cummins-aiming-to-surpass-his-own-record-against-bangladesh

Rana Melb
February 21, 2015, 03:25 AM
Very important match for bd against sri.. this ll tell us are we going to QF..

BD_TigerZ
February 21, 2015, 03:49 AM
We needed the practice...at least the bowling and batting a few overs would be helpful. This one point is pretty useless Anyway, we don't have a choice. Waiting for next game :)

So you would rather want us 1-4 like pak on a minefield and ending up with no points?

Makes a whole lot of sense.

Roni_uk
February 21, 2015, 04:10 AM
Bangladesh sitting pretty at third place

another 10 or so runs against the Afg and we could have been sitting in the second place right now

NoName
February 21, 2015, 04:15 AM
So you would rather want us 1-4 like pak on a minefield and ending up with no points?

Makes a whole lot of sense.

I remember in the 2011 WC, very few people here were happy Eng won their must game win so that our game against SA was a must win as well to make it to the QFs....Oh how that turned out to be.....:floor:

BanCricFan
February 21, 2015, 05:27 AM
another 10 or so runs against the Afg and we could have been sitting in the second place right now

and, another 10 or so runs we could have sit atop :)