PDA

View Full Version : "Sceptical" - Agent, check this out

billah
April 27, 2004, 02:52 PM
Cricinfo front page says "Zimbabwe 'sceptical' about resolution.". Smith, you are not the king of typo any more:P

oracle
April 27, 2004, 03:03 PM
It's fine. Streak is sceptical. :)

Zobair
April 27, 2004, 03:57 PM
"skeptical" and "sceptical" are both correct and mean the same thing. "sceptical" is NOT a typo.

Zunaid
April 27, 2004, 04:23 PM
Billah the new punchbag! :) Where's mba when one needs him. Or amit for that matter.

Anywhoo, some of us who have been in the US far too long might be a little sKeptical about the spelling sCeptical, but it is yet another perverse attempt at US Americans to rationalize the Queen's English.

billah
April 27, 2004, 05:05 PM
Everyone makes mistake.. bring it awn baby..

AsifTheManRahman
April 27, 2004, 05:09 PM
yeah everybody sure does...

but nobody actually makes fun of somebody else while referring to a spelling mistake...:)

Rubu
April 27, 2004, 06:30 PM
taking away my title? not that easy?

good one@billah

fab
April 27, 2004, 10:20 PM
.. it is yet another perverse attempt at US Americans to rationalize the Queen's English.
Just out of interest, do you guys spell 'wise' as 'wize'? How about 'mourn', is it 'morn'? Abscond = abskond? Fence = fense? Hehe, seems like the attempt to rationalise didn't quite work out :P

Shubho
April 27, 2004, 10:59 PM
there is nothing rational about any version of english spelling. too many examples abound, and i'm not going to name any. the same goes for bengali...you guys should see my spelling mistakes. what with three R's, three S's, two N's, two J's, two E's, two U's, etc.

The only language which has logical spelling is german to my knowledge.

Zephaniah
April 29, 2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
it is yet another perverse attempt at US Americans to rationalize the Queen's English.

I didn't know Americans speak English as well, thought they only speak 'American'.

Navarene
April 29, 2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Shubho

The only language which has logical spelling is german to my knowledge.
And I second Shubo. Sehr vernünftig.