PDA

View Full Version : Mr. mba sitution

suds
April 28, 2004, 10:51 AM
It was very pethetic see how mr. mba was delt with. I know it is not a school where members shoud teach pepole how to del with others, keeping in consederation others' sense of self-respect. But I geuss it was hursh for him to be scolded in such a way by most of the members (off corse not all, some were simpethetic and some mentained a niutral stand seemingly enjoing the hole event). Daspite the priveiling thinking that some pepole are incoregible, pepole here could have worked more posetively and constractivly in helping Mr. mba corecting his problem of atitude, as to me, nobody is complitely incoregible. There are lavels of incoregibelity. And how petiently and skilfuly one can del with others' incoregibility reflects one's matority, which, by the way, might always be a never ending proces.
Anyway, thes are all what I think, and everyone has all the rights to disagree. But I geuss it is never a bad thing to reconseder one's actions, and to look for poseble places of refinment, in spite of the fact that, given the ego that we all have, we are ofen not very receptive of others advise.
That said, I mysalf found all the mambers of this website to be wondarful with sporadec wayward behevor, which is nevar a thing that we can complitly write off.
As for Mr. mba, the pruf that that event did not go very wel is that this is a bangladesh criket fan website and even thoug he naver actualy said anything aginst bangladesh criket or bangladesh, right now he is not being seen activly in this website, in spite of the fact that some will say that it is his problam that he is not hare. I hope he is still there and enjoing this wondarful website.

AsifTheManRahman
April 28, 2004, 10:56 AM
Actually suds...it's not our business to fix his attitude problems...:)

rassel
April 28, 2004, 11:01 AM
Mr. Agent beware, he might overtake you!
You know what I mean
:lol:

Navarene
April 28, 2004, 12:31 PM
Oh AgentSmith..nao yu shuod bee praud op yurselph aphter reeding suds' post;)

Zunaid
April 28, 2004, 12:51 PM
Troll alert! Troll Alert!

Navarene
April 28, 2004, 01:07 PM
quite uncanny!

suds
April 28, 2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid
Troll alert! Troll Alert!

Must it be you to figure that out! Well, malice wasn't in the 'intention list', from my part.

Arnab
April 28, 2004, 02:29 PM
Is the first post on this thread supposed to be funny because of the intentional spelling mistakes?

Zunaid
April 28, 2004, 04:18 PM
I should have held back on my "troll" comment because suds's post had something very important to say. And the thing is, we could not see past the presentation to get to the message. This is just another variant of "shooting the messenger instead of the message".

Consider the meta issue of how we treated poor mba. He had something to say - we may not all have agreed with the import of his post nor the manner with which it was given, but he still had an opinion which deserved to be heard and responded to with respect.

Instead, we all acted as if an interloper had arrived in our midst and, like a chauvinistic clan, ganged up on him in a game of one-up-manship. Just as worse, we also used the fact that he did not have a good command of the English language to further belittle him. For most of us, English is NOT the first language. How many of us can really claim to write flawless English? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Not being able to write well-formed English does not mean somone is unintelligent nor that what he/she writes is unimportant. I guess that may have been the message suds was trying to convey to us. I hope we all heed this well.

Ok, off my soap box.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Zunaid : I do not write flawless English]

AsifTheManRahman
April 28, 2004, 04:29 PM
Well Zunaid, if you go back to the thread named "Cricker is a game of literate people", you will notice that many of us had just posted our opinions in reply to mba's posts. The brush fire began later, and if you look at the posts, you will see that he deserved it; because he was the one who attacked our right to post our opinion. In fact, people who posted their opinion were referred to as "illiterate" by him. You should see his second post, which was made even before the brush fire began...and besides, he's ashamed of being a member of this board.

Zunaid
April 28, 2004, 04:35 PM
Asif, not disputing any of what you wrote. They are all valid. Some of us got carried away and some actually responded to the message. Nothing of course excuses some of the presumptious apellation of "illiterate" as was ascribed by mba, nor assumption of "youth" (ie youth=stupid) to members of this board. And for that, he was roundly and deservedly taken to task. Two wrongs do not make a right for sure - no one gets a free "get out of jail card" - I can go on and on with cliches :)

Rubu
April 28, 2004, 06:43 PM
I'm getting dumb? can someone please explain to me how I come in this discussion? nav or russel, i really have no idea what u are talking about.

rassel
April 28, 2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
I'm getting dumb? can someone please explain to me how I come in this discussion? nav or russel, i really have no idea what u are talking about.

Just read Mr. suds original post; you will figure it out! by the way it was joke nothing personal;)

say
April 28, 2004, 09:26 PM
During the Mr. MBA episode, I noticed that most of you hate Education. Some even said education is not needed - the goal is to become good cricketer. True, but I had the impression that no matter how big of a cricketer you are - without education you are not a complete human. So what do you want, a better cricketer or a better person? Are we all blinded by cricket's glamor?

P.S. I don't agree with Mr. MBA and I'm not defending his views, so don't redirect your venom towards me. I am talking about a different issue. What comes first, cricket or education?

Zobair
April 28, 2004, 09:33 PM
say, education may or may not necessarily make you a better person, or the complete human. Look around you :)

Rubu
April 28, 2004, 09:39 PM
not sure where is post suits better. please check out This Post (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=5222&page=2#pid50576).

rassel
April 28, 2004, 10:28 PM
[quote]Originally posted by AgentSmith
not sure where is post suits better. please check out

you done good Smith, but leave him be!

Orpheus
April 28, 2004, 10:34 PM
You guys have too much time on your hand.....

by the way suds.,, WELCOME TO BANGLAcricket

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Orpheus]

Arnab
April 28, 2004, 10:34 PM
What comes first, cricket or education?

Neither.

It's all about money, power and chicks.

Catch up.

rassel
April 28, 2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
What comes first, cricket or education?

Neither.

It's all about money, power and chicks.

Catch up.

Good one arnab! Everyone seems to forget about that.:fire:

AsifTheManRahman
April 28, 2004, 10:40 PM
Well Say...nobody hates education...at least nobody on this board...
And one thing...even the great Prophet Mohammad(pbuh) had no formal education...and besides you really don't need to be educated to be a complete man or a cricketer...and i don't understand what you mean by saying "what comes first, cricket or education?"...actually nothing comes first...ekhane aage pore ashar kisui nai...

reinausagi
April 28, 2004, 10:59 PM
Mba had quite a bit to say in his first few posts. His posts smacked of elitism (game for educated) and a paternalistic attitude (I'm older, ergo wiser than thou). While Azam's confusion vis-a-vis Masri and Rana was eagerly overlooked (all he got was a gentle good-natured ribbing here and there; and a re-direction to 'posting rules' for his infatuation with color and size when it came to font selection), Mba's posts readily incurred the wrath of all and sundry for it's tone and content. My father had a saying: 'Ignorance can be cured with knowledge. It's stupidity that I fear.'

Saurav
April 29, 2004, 04:34 AM
To start with:

I tried to read suds's post from left to right but that didn't quite work out.

Right to left didn't make much sense as well!

I guess I am dyslexic ... what else?

On a serious note, I don't think that the members of this website are intolerant or ill-behaved or anything! They just react naturally to things as they see it. That is much more preferable to pretentious politeness!

To say:

From where did you get the impression that people 'hate' education? Everyone simply made the point that to become a great cricketer you don't need to have degrees. And besides, one should understand, that being 'educated' is not exactly equal to passing a few exams. Sachin may not have gone past Class 10, but by no standards is he 'uneducated'.

suds
April 29, 2004, 02:07 PM
"Actually suds...it's not our business to fix his attitude problems..."

Sure Asif, you agree with me: "...not a school where members shoud teach pepole how to del with others..."
But my bad: "... worked posetively and constractivly in helping Mr. mba corecting his problem of atitude..." - meant to say 'acted' in place of 'worked', and that too was merely a retrospect.

"Mr. Agent beware, he might overtake you! You know what I mean"

Yes rassel, I know what you mean too ;)

"Oh AgentSmith..nao yu shuod bee praud op yurselph aphter reeding suds' post"

Nav, I never saw any real reason for AgentSmith to be ashamed of (neither did u, I am aware :-) ), and, gleefully, he never did either.

"Troll alert! Troll Alert!"

Good shot Zunaid, as expected, although smartness took over vision. But then deliberate equivocacy on my part played the bigger hand.

"quite uncanny!"

taking that as a compliment, Navarene.

"Is the first post on this thread supposed to be funny because of the intentional spelling mistakes?"

Not from my part, Arnab. But won't hurt if it entertains some.

"Seriously

I should have held back on my ...

...I hope we all heed this well.

Ok, off my soap box."

Thanks again to Zunaid for disclosing one of my objectives.

"not sure where is post suits better. please check out This Post."

Thanks AgentSmith for letting me appreciate myself as being able to write something such 'thought-provoking'. Of course all credit goes to you.

"You guys have too much time on your hand.....
by the way suds.,, WELCOME TO BANGLAcricket"

Thanks Orpheus.

"Mba had quite a bit to say in his first few posts. His posts smacked of elitism (game for educated) and a paternalistic attitude (I'm older, ergo wiser than thou). While Azam's confusion vis-a-vis Masri and Rana was eagerly overlooked (all he got was a gentle good-natured ribbing here and there; and a re-direction to 'posting rules' for his infatuation with color and size when it came to font selection), Mba's posts readily incurred the wrath of all and sundry for it's tone and content. My father had a saying: 'Ignorance can be cured with knowledge. It's stupidity that I fear.'"

Reina, the first part of your post involves analyzing mba, which I hastily stated as "...his problem of atitude...", as too many posts have already acted that part. Besides, I thought accusing someone recurrently for a same offense may not always prove to be very good for the offender.

As for your quouted saying, my observation is that maxims may not only be astute but also recondite considering the variability in the amount of knowledge that it may confer to differnt individuals. Expression of fear, to state the approach to 'stupidity', may mean to someone as to be a deadend and hence may let someone to doom the concerned 'stupid' person for good, whereas other may discern challenge in the 'fear', see light on the other end of the tunnel, something to overcome. I am sure your father belonged to the second lot.

"To start with:

I tried to read suds's post from left to right but that didn't quite work out.

Right to left didn't make much sense as well!

I guess I am dyslexic ... what else?

On a serious note, I don't think that the members of this website are intolerant or ill-behaved or anything! They just react naturally to things as they see it. That is much more preferable to pretentious politeness!"

Thanks for the laugh Saurav. I almost looked for 'Arabic' in my Resume in the 'Language proficiency' section. BTW, I completely agree with your stance on 'pretentious politeness'.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by suds]

Arnab
April 29, 2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by suds
What do I do now, Arnab?

Well suds, this might be be good time to practice editing your posts and using the quote tags.

Zunaid
April 29, 2004, 02:55 PM
"Troll alert! Troll Alert!"

Good shot Zunaid, as expected, although smartness took over vision. But then deliberate equivocacy on my part played the bigger hand.

Momentary lapse of reason. I broke my own rule of not responding without letting things digest.

As for your quouted saying, my observation is that maxims may not only be astute but also recondite considering the variability in the amount of knowledge that it may confer to differnt individuals.
I am not wont to 'pretentious politeness', so: say what? Even a syntactically correct sentence can suffer from semantic obfuscations. I urge you to eschew polysyllabic profundity.

IMHO, it is time for all of us to cease and desist from self-congratulatory follow-ups. Yuppers - we are all so smart here. This no longer has relevance to this forum - we can continue in 'Forget Cricket'.

[speaking as an individual]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Zunaid]

suds
April 29, 2004, 03:59 PM
I urge you to eschew polysyllabic profundity.

Thanks. Its an area I really need to work on.

IMHO, it is time for all of us to cease and desist from self-congratulatory follow-ups. Yuppers - we are all so smart here. This no longer has relevance to this forum - we can continue in 'Forget Cricket'.

My honest apology for any display of ostentation:embaressed:, and also for continuing this thread, not finding one in the 'Forget Cricket'.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by suds]

rafiq
April 29, 2004, 05:49 PM
zunaid, are they overpaying you again at the new job??

honestly, what is this thread about? I can barely understand the posts on banglacricket anymore, and I thought my english was at least a C+

Zunaid
April 29, 2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
zunaid, are they overpaying you again at the new job??

honestly, what is this thread about? I can barely understand the posts on banglacricket anymore, and I thought my english was at least a C+

I am always underpaid. IMHO, this thread started off as a lesson on message vs the messengers and the method of the message - if that makes sense.

As for English - I would give you a B :)

reinausagi
April 29, 2004, 09:28 PM

Rafique:

You're not alone. I almost reached for the oxford dictionary, not trusting websters to be equal to the task at hand.:lol::lol:

fab
April 29, 2004, 09:47 PM
Hell yeah, I know the feeling! Whenever I see a 'Zunaid' post, I make sure I have a browser open at dictionary.com ;)

rassel
April 29, 2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by fab
Hell yeah, I know the feeling! Whenever I see a 'Zunaid' post, I make sure I have a browser open at dictionary.com ;)

You are not alone! I need to find somebody who could figure out those literary analogies post as well!:lol:

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by rassel]

Zunaid
April 29, 2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by fab

bleh... it's not my fault that i have the gift of the fab er um i mean gab

Navarene
April 29, 2004, 11:33 PM
Given the choice to pick, let's say any of the two verbs(to kiss & to osculate, both initially have the same meaning, see dictionary (http://web.ask.com/redir?bpg=http%3a%2f%2fweb.ask.com%2fweb%3fq%3dosc ulant%26o%3d8001%26page%3d1&q=osculant&u=http%3a%2f%2ftm.wc.ask.com%2fr%3ft%3dan%26s%3da% 26uid%3d251bd1e4851bd1e48%26sid%3d351bd1e4851bd1e4 8%26qid%3d1DCBA668260F6041A51FF8EA9CB6F01E%26io%3d 0%26sv%3dza5cb0d71%26o%3d8001%26ask%3dosculant%26u ip%3d51bd1e48%26en%3dte%26eo%3d-100%26pt%3dosculant.%2bThe%2bAmerican%2bHeritage%2 526%2523174%253b%2bDictionary%2bof%2bthe%2bEnglish %2bLanguage%253a%26ac%3d24%26qs%3d0%26pg%3d1%26ep% 3d1%26te_par%3d102%26te_id%3d%26u%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fw ww.bartleby.com%2f61%2f55%2fO0135500.html&s=a&bu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bartleby.com%2f61%2f55%2fO0135 500.html&qte=0&o=8001))to use in his post, I bet Zunaid bhai would have always picked the later one;)

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Navarene]

rafiq
April 30, 2004, 12:28 AM

Ouch, ZenMaster, that hurts.:(
If we must duel then I am ready,
and bring back Lubna Chowdhury to referee!

Zunaid
April 30, 2004, 12:43 AM

Ouch, ZenMaster, that hurts.:(
If we must duel then I am ready,
and bring back Lubna Chowdhury to referee!

Bring it on, dude... Aaah, the name brings back memories. I'll then have to choose Anika as my second. I hear she is involved with a progressive organization in the NY area.

Poor me - I'm the new punchbag. And I was just clearing out some suds. :)

rafiq
April 30, 2004, 12:54 AM
Anika?? Lombu? Progressive organizations?? Move on, Zunaid!!

(yeah she was a lawyer in NYC, lost touch)

Zunaid
April 30, 2004, 01:09 AM
Anika?? Lombu? Progressive organizations?? Move on, Zunaid!!

(yeah she was a lawyer in NYC, lost touch)

Checkout progressive.org

suds
April 30, 2004, 10:09 AM

Well, I didn't know it was an instance of cleansing. BTW, I know there is a good drainage system here.

j/k

Zunaid
April 30, 2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by suds

Well, I didn't know it was an instance of cleansing. BTW, I know there is a good drainage system here.

j/k

:)

I was encouraging you to translate :)

Arnab
April 30, 2004, 11:31 AM
Wak thu. I hate this "nyuk nyuk" kinda humor.

suds
April 30, 2004, 01:38 PM
I was encouraging you to translate :)

Have a close look at that line... has a smell of 'tongue in cheek' there... tried to be on the 'empty half' side :)