PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Use Sacred Arabic To Stop Roadside Peeing :)

BANFAN
May 6, 2015, 07:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pRJIpgY.jpg

A two-minute video against public urination that promotes the new Arabic signs has gone viral in Bangladesh since it was uploaded onto social media earlier this week.

A group of people are shown approaching a public wall, but then jump back for fear of committing a sin when they see the Arabic sign against peeing in public.

"I don't understand why people urinate by the roadsides. Especially when every mosque provides public toilet facilities," Matior Rahman, the country's religious affairs minister, says in the video.

The campaign however has sparked a strong rebuke from influential cleric Fariduddin Masud, who said it tarnished the prestige of the Arabic language.

"Nobody has the right to use the language of the Koran for such a campaign," the cleric said, according to online newsportal Natunbarta.com.

"The people of the country respect Arabic but that does not mean that we'll tolerate the use of Arabic to stop people from urinating (at street corners)."

:floor:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-bangladesh-uses-sacred-arabic-to-stop-peeing-in-public-2015-5#ixzz3ZPNIJ34S

My Question to those who protest this: What Language would the Arabs use for such a message? Or What Language does the Arabic **** Books/Magazines Use ;) :lol:
Quran is sacred, Arabic isn't. :lol:

BANFAN
May 6, 2015, 08:44 PM
Language Matters : http://youtu.be/STDxIfhMnQI

Zeeshan
May 6, 2015, 10:41 PM
-Permission to speak freely?
-Permission granted.

-Back when I found Rube Goldberg cartoon, I was fantasizing to patent an invention. I also loved those wacky invention of Victorian era. So I was thinking how cool would be to make tyres that deflates or burns out when one speeds or for that matter any terrorist incident will automatically trigger from satellite to bomb holy city of Mecca.

flies away....

BANFAN
May 7, 2015, 01:47 PM
^^ true, the entire thing is so funny , I mean the both side of it. :lol:

Over over exaggeration, could compete with "Rube Goldberg" cartoons ;)

Puck
May 9, 2015, 06:39 AM
Is this really contributing to the 'street-peers' (sorry, I could not resist the highlighting) resisting the urge to relieve themselves? Perhaps, I am being slightly ignorant here, would the street-peers be able to understand what is written in Arabic or for that matter the Bangla writing itself?

I live in a supposedly more civilised country where lots of drunken lagerlouts turn into street-peers most weekends up and down the towns and cities all through this island. Although, I suppose a generous state of inebriation may have something to do with that.

Tigers_eye
May 18, 2015, 01:30 PM
"Do not interrupt his urination (i.e. let him finish). Call him to me with the best of manners."

Puck
May 24, 2015, 08:29 AM
An article in the NYTimes about the public toilet crisis in Dhaka: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/opinion/bangladeshs-very-public-toilet-crisis.html?emc=edit_th_20150523&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=62610792

aklemalp
May 24, 2015, 08:53 AM
An article in the NYTimes about the public toilet crisis in Dhaka: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/opinion/bangladeshs-very-public-toilet-crisis.html?emc=edit_th_20150523&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=62610792

Great read coming from a smart young woman. Men have it easy, the women are at risk for UTIs. So more public restroom facilities are needed.

The person with the solution to this problem may be in contention for a Nobel prize.

iDumb
May 24, 2015, 09:11 AM
I agree surprisingly a good read .... this is a huge problem

BanCricFan
May 26, 2015, 05:13 PM
At least they could have got the Arabic grammar right! It should have read "mamnu' attabul huna" -not "huna" at the front of the sentence. Thats a direct translation of "ekhane porshrab kora nishidhdho"...jaihok.

Yes, Arabic is sacred like all languages. But those "Muftis" are hature muftis.

I fear some naughty urinators might "aim" high on that wall. They could have put the Arabic script a little higher :D

kalpurush
May 26, 2015, 06:09 PM
I fear some naughty urinators might "aim" high on that wall. They could have put the Arabic script a little higher :D

What about the Bangla script? I guess they cam aim at it...! ;)

BANFAN
May 26, 2015, 10:39 PM
What about the Bangla script? I guess they cam aim at it...! ;)

Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I fear some naughty urinators might "aim" high on that wall. They could have put the Arabic script a little higher

Why are you guys so concerned about Aiming ?? E-) are you talking about firing AK47 or M16 or any kind of weapon system !! ;) :lol: hahaha

The naughty people will organize national competition if you place it too high, "who can hit that .." :lol: so keep it normal and if someone has that fear he will abstain anywhere you place the writing in Arabic :) lol

BANFAN
May 27, 2015, 10:44 PM
কেন দেয়ালে লেখা আরবী অক্ষরগুলো ঢাকায় গণ মূত্রত্যাগ রোধ নাও করতে পারে

.................. এই ধারণাটি তারা হয়তো পেয়েছে একই সমস্যা নিয়ে লড়াই করা প্রতিবেশী দেশ ভারত থেকে যেখানে দেয়ালে আঁকা হিন্দু দেব-দেবীর ছবিও একই প্রভাব ফেলবে বলে ধারণা করা হয়েছে।

....... যখন ইতোমধ্যে রাষ্ট্রীয় ধর্ম বিষয়ক কর্মকর্তারা তাদের সাফল্যের ঢোল পিটানো শুরু করেছে, তখন এই প্রচারণাটিকে দেখে মনে হয় যে এই বিষয়টিকে খুব ভালভাবে ভেবে চিন্তে করা হয় নি। যদি সম্পূর্ণভাবে একে বাস্তবায়িত করা হয়, তবে ঢাকার দেয়ালগুলো আরবী লেখায় ভরে যাবে কিন্তু মানুষের জন্য তবুও মূত্রত্যাগের কোন জায়গা থাকবে না।

এছাড়াও, ভারতে মদী তার শৌচাগার নির্মাণের হিরিক শুরু করার আগে, দেয়ালে দেবতা'র প্রচারণার মাধ্যমে স্পষ্ট হয় যে: মানুষ তখন উপায় না পেয়ে দেবতাদের মুখের উপর প্রস্রাব করতে শুরু করে দেয়। গণ গ্লানি অন্তর্ভূক্ত করা সৃজনশীল প্রচারণা যেমন দ্যা পিসিং ট্যাঙ্কার‘ও কোন ফলাফল আনতে পারে নি। ........

https://www.oximity.com/article/%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%A6-1?utm_campaign=it&utm_source=it-2-autoTwR&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=articleId-669182&utm_content=rt2

@Bold: :floor:

Are we just a blind follower of India in anything and everything?

Farhad
May 30, 2015, 08:25 AM
Is this really contributing to the 'street-peers' (sorry, I could not resist the highlighting) resisting the urge to relieve themselves? Perhaps, I am being slightly ignorant here, would the street-peers be able to understand what is written in Arabic or for that matter the Bangla writing itself?

That's sort of the point. They don't need to read it. It just looks religious. It really just says (I'm paraphrasing) "don't pee here". It could have literally said "water me" and it would have the same effect. :lol:

aklemalp
May 30, 2015, 08:42 AM
What about the Hindu peers?

A small percentage of Bangladesh’s population are hindu, which means a million here or there.