PDA

View Full Version : moderator/super moderator

Saurav
May 1, 2004, 10:40 AM
What is the difference between a moderator and a super moderator?

and even an administrator and a super administrator?

Why these 'almost-Shavian' concepts?

Would a 'super moderator' kindly respond? ;-)

Navarene
May 1, 2004, 10:42 AM
It is called "democratic centralization":)

chinaman
May 1, 2004, 10:56 AM
Consider them as a group of bowlers. Administrator and a super administrator are the main strike bowlers and they happen to be the captain and vice captain too. Moderator and a super moderator are spin bowlers with many variabilities. Nonetheless, their core funtion remains the same. And of course, like the real captains, the administrators have some added responsibilities. All of them work in consert to achieve set goals. An office person might better appreciate the ranks of asst. supervisor, supervisor, asst. manager, additional manager, operations manager, you get point.

Arnab
May 1, 2004, 11:05 AM
It's all bureaucratic claptrap. Every group degenerates into unproductive bureaucracy. It's inevitable.

Saurav
May 1, 2004, 11:05 AM
For chinaman:

hmmm. hmmm. almost!

So what are you?

Right-arm off break, Left arm orthodox, what?

Oh wait ... u are a left-arm chinaman bowler!!

What are the others?

This brings me to another question - How many leg-spinners have played for Bangladesh? (I mean proper bowlers, and not batsmen bowling a bit of leg spin)

I don't remember seeing a leggie in the Bangladesh team :-/

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Saurav]

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Saurav]

Arnab
May 1, 2004, 11:07 AM
I think Ashraful bowls leggies. But he is no regular.

Saurav
May 1, 2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Arnab
It's all bureaucratic claptrap. Every group degenerates into unproductive bureaucracy.

hehehe!

AsifTheManRahman
May 1, 2004, 12:45 PM
Alok Kapali came into the side as a leggie...but then got converted into a "Batsman who can bowl leggies".

There was a guy called Rubel who played for the national team against the WI A team at home...he was a leggie too...

Zunaid
May 1, 2004, 01:43 PM
It's all bureaucratic claptrap. Every group degenerates into unproductive bureaucracy. It's inevitable.

And usually such degeneration is catalysed by the existence of a few individuals who are unable to coexist within the bounds of a civilized society. Such individuals are usually nihilistic anarchists or they suffer from a pseudo-superiority complex borne out of latent feelings of inferiority.

Zunaid
May 1, 2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Saurav
What is the difference between a moderator and a super moderator?

and even an administrator and a super administrator?

Why these 'almost-Shavian' concepts?

Would a 'super moderator' kindly respond? ;-)

It's what you get when you use available freeware code. As simple as that. A Computer Scientist would be able to grasp the concept of users and roles.

AsifTheManRahman
May 1, 2004, 02:03 PM
And his full name was Mosaddeq Hossain Rubel

Arnab
May 1, 2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Zunaid

And usually such degeneration is by the existence of a few individuals who are unable to coexist within the bounds of a civilized society. Such individuals are usually nihilistic anarchists or they suffer from a pseudo-superiority complex borne out of latent feelings of inferiority.

I think the same argument was used by the British imperialists when they heard of the American seperatists.

My signature says it all.

acker
May 1, 2004, 06:33 PM
"psuedo-superiority"

Surely there are plainer English words just as capable as explaining that Arnab.

"stuck-up"

comes easily to mind.
Why do people continualy use show-off words such as {psuedo,para,etc} when there are so many efficient and simpler words available.
Its like because they know the meaning , they have a compulsion to prove to everyone else that they know the meaning.
This is where the seeds for capitilism originally spurned from , people focussing on showing off their materialistic or in this case english knowledge "suposedly superority" , rather than directing their energy's and persona to the humanitarian good.
ahh what I'd give for the simple life.
Ignorance may not be bliss, but showing off does not automatically equate to intellectual superiority.

Arnab
May 1, 2004, 06:42 PM
You mean Zunaid. I didn't come up with "pseudo-superiority".

acker
May 1, 2004, 06:46 PM
Sorry Arnab

mishit

Zunaid , I am reffering to yourself.

Zunaid
May 1, 2004, 07:54 PM
Acker, very simple. Words have tremendous power and must be chosen with care. Often two words may seem to have the seem meaning but in context one conveys the exact sense while the other just does a half-assed job.

Consider the difference between "stuck up" and "superiority complex" - especially when I am using the "pseudo" as a further qualifier. Now, stuck-up does not at all convey the meaning. Now, an alternate way would have been to write a long sentencce descriibing this - "some one who thinks he/she is all hoity toity(uppity, arrogant chose your words) but it is all a pretense beccause deep down he/she is just very insecure" - or something to that effect. The power of the words are often lessened or oftne does not convey the exact fine point one wants to make.

Of course there is an alternate way. I could have qually expressed the same sentinments by saying: ^&%$$#$# %@$$% $%%#!#@ :)

Cheers and may the word win

Arnab
May 1, 2004, 08:07 PM
Hoity-toity...haha!

May the spirit of USENET live on!

Zunaid
May 1, 2004, 08:39 PM
Hoity-toity...haha!

May the spirit of USENET live on!

Amen to that!

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 2, 2004, 01:28 AM
jaihok,
ai sholpo budhhi diye ami ja buzhi sheta hochhe adminstrator super administrator moderator ebong super moderator era hochhen sorkar ar bishesh ongsho. era hochhe montri porishoder shodoshhogon ebong shommanito member of perliament. ebong shadharon member jara amra hochhi am janota. dannabad.

Saurav
May 2, 2004, 04:56 AM
Kisui buzlam na faltubha!

Boshe boshe polapaner jhogra dekhte asi!

Aamar leg spinner proshnero jutsui temon kono uttar pelam na ( ekmatro Asif-i questionta seriously nilo, ar Arnab kichhuta)

chinaman
May 2, 2004, 10:40 AM

Aamar leg spinner proshnero jutsui temon kono uttar pelam na ( ekmatro Asif-i questionta seriously nilo, ar Arnab kichhuta)

Just where did you see the jhogra?

Not a bright idea to smell rats everywhere.

Since your recent posts raised quite a stire, We'll be closely following your posts from now on. We do not want to see the forum fly in flames from anyone's insensitivity. Thank you.

Arnab
May 2, 2004, 10:46 AM

Saurav, as for legspinners playing at the national level, Kapali and Ashraful are probably the only examples. Kapali had a hattrick against Pakistan.

There doesn't seem to be any overly successful legspinners in our doestic cricket at the moment. Haven't heard of any leggie take a five-for for years.

I think legspin is an art and being a genuinely good leggie requires a thinking head, so it's kind of predictable that we don't have a world class leggie yet.

Zunaid
May 2, 2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
And his full name was Mosaddeq Hossain Rubel

So whatever happened to Rubel? I seem to remember he was sent to India for some coaching prior to the home series against England - he was in the preliminary 20. Where is he now?

He was sent with the A team for the Pakistan's Patron's trophy - played only one game and gave away 58 or so runs in 11 overs. This past season he only played one First Class game - for Dhaka vs Chittagong - 3 wickets in the first innings.

AsifTheManRahman
May 2, 2004, 11:13 AM
I think he's a gonner like most young Pakistani talents.

Saurav
May 3, 2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by chinaman
Just where did you see the jhogra?

Not a bright idea to smell rats everywhere.

You took that seriously? hehe, I don't believe it!

Please follow my posts carefully. I always want everyone to follow my posts.

Have you moved to a new server?

Mahmood
May 10, 2004, 03:57 PM
Yes, we moved to a new server.

Moderator - Can moderate a forum.

Super Moderator - Can moderate all forums.

Administrator - Can create moderators and super moderators.

Super Administrator - Can create administrators, super moderators and moderators.

acker
May 10, 2004, 08:55 PM
Whats "jhogra" mean ?

fab
May 10, 2004, 09:03 PM
jhogra means to quarrel.. fight..