PDA

View Full Version : Tamim Iqbal to miss Asia Cup 2016

Mas_UK25
February 14, 2016, 12:06 PM
Kayes comes in.

This is big loss. Tamim is in very good T20 form.

Who would you have taken in replacement?
How we start with the batting strategy now that Tamim wont be there? Etc

Your thoughts?

Kohli_Sox
February 14, 2016, 12:45 PM
This is why I don't our players to go and play a no name league like PSL 7 days a week. So what's the use now? PSL has no break. Tamim is very injury prone. It was not wise decision. And some fans here wanted Mustafiz to play there?

Tiger444
February 14, 2016, 12:50 PM
His wife is about to have a baby which is why he's missing out

Nadim
February 14, 2016, 12:51 PM
Kayes... 3 ducks in 5/6 t2o int:lol:

Does he average 5 yet??

Nadim
February 14, 2016, 12:52 PM
Kayes comes in.

This is big loss. Tamim is in very good T20 form.

Who would you have taken in repalcement?
How we start with the batting strategy now that Tamim wont be there? Etc

Your thoughts?

Open with Sohan and SS.

Mas_UK25
February 14, 2016, 01:13 PM
Man. Mind boggling how Kayes gets picked. For me Shamsur Rahman still has lots to give...at t20 format he needs another chances.

Mas_UK25
February 14, 2016, 01:16 PM
I wouldnt play Kayes. I'd be tempted to play Even shabbir with Soumya at top, go with this

Soumya
Shabbir
Mushy
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Nasir
Mithun
Mortaza
Hider
Alamin
Mustafizur

BD_TigerZ
February 14, 2016, 01:27 PM
Kayes is getting free pass in every format ffs.

iDumb
February 14, 2016, 03:48 PM
His wife is about to have a baby which is why he's missing out

ekta baccha hoite kotokhon laage? Tamim does not need m,ore than 1 day. That is the reality.... just like rest of the all the fathers in the world...

Austin 3:!6
February 14, 2016, 04:18 PM
This is why I don't our players to go and play a no name league like PSL 7 days a week. So what's the use now? PSL has no break. Tamim is very injury prone. It was not wise decision. And some fans here wanted Mustafiz to play there?

How about reading the OP properly before posting? He is missing out because of the birth of his 1st child and not due to injury.

Austin 3:!6
February 14, 2016, 04:22 PM
ekta baccha hoite kotokhon laage? Tamim does not need m,ore than 1 day. That is the reality.... just like rest of the all the fathers in the world...

Every father is not the same though. MS Dhoni was in Aust for WC when he became father. BCCI granted him permission to visit his family for few days. MSD's response was "I am on a national duty, everything else can wait" :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Night_wolf
February 14, 2016, 04:28 PM
lol kayes, pick me, i'll do better than mr kaedge in t20

Shehwar
February 14, 2016, 04:40 PM
Every father is not the same though. MS Dhoni was in Aust for WC when he became father. BCCI granted him permission to visit his family for few days. MSD's response was "I am on a national duty, everything else can wait" :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I wonder what his wife thinks of that!

Jadukor
February 14, 2016, 09:33 PM
Best wishes to Tamim.Lets hope Kayes can replicate some of his BPL form. We need to prepare wickets with pace and bounce for the Asia Cup. Our pace bowling is our strength and not spin or batting.

cricket_king
February 14, 2016, 11:50 PM
Best wishes to Tamim.Lets hope Kayes can replicate some of his BPL form. We need to prepare wickets with pace and bounce for the Asia Cup. Our pace bowling is our strength and not spin or batting.

lol in that case, Kayes is a goner.

tanvir_nus
February 14, 2016, 11:57 PM
Shift the freaking batting order ffs, don't let Kayes in. Why are we so rigid?

NoName
February 14, 2016, 11:58 PM
In Kayes we trust

tiger1000
February 15, 2016, 05:51 AM
I wonder what his wife thinks of that!

You can get away with it with

$$$$

simon
February 15, 2016, 06:39 AM
This thread will be mega funny if KAyes performs well :lol:

BTW, I read on some paper that Tamim wanted to join the team for Asia cup after the birth of his child but HAthura did not approuve it.

mufi_02
February 15, 2016, 11:38 AM
all the best to Tamim. but with WC so close, some high intensity games in Asia cup would have done him good. He can't rely on BPL/PSL experience only for the WC. but oh well!!

Jadukor
February 15, 2016, 11:58 AM
lol kayes, pick me, i'll do better than mr kaedge in t20

Saif ke neleo parto kintu... ki bolen bhai?

NoName
February 15, 2016, 02:01 PM
Saif ke neleo parto kintu... ki bolen bhai?

There is a limit to trolling you know :-|

Wakidul
February 15, 2016, 05:15 PM
Did Tamim miss the last Peshwar game because of paternity leave too, or simply rested to try the bench strength? Even if it was possible the baby was born bit earlier then schedule, is it possible to bring him in instead of mithun?

Zeeshan
February 17, 2016, 10:17 PM
I always thought once you switch format all of a sudden the know-hows get thrown out of the window. :-|

Zeeshan
February 17, 2016, 10:18 PM
In Kayes we trust

lol wth...i was like at first reading "In Kanye we trust"

Jadukor
February 17, 2016, 10:34 PM
Did Tamim miss the last Peshwar game because of paternity leave too, or simply rested to try the bench strength? Even if it was possible the baby was born bit earlier then schedule, is it possible to bring him in instead of mithun?

Let him spend time with his wife and family. He is not going to be a father every year. So moments like this should be priority for him than cricket. It is a loss for us but our team is good enough to play well without any particular player

oronnya
February 18, 2016, 11:55 AM
Let him spend time with his wife and family. He is not going to be a father every year. So moments like this should be priority for him than cricket. It is a loss for us but our team is good enough to play well without any particular player

:up::up:

Also we don't know what his wife's condition is.. So may be she needs her husband's support so let's not judge him without knowing the full picture. Let him enjoy his fatherhood. Not long time ago we wanted to drop Tamim from National team so let's see how the team performs without Tamim !!

MHRAM
February 18, 2016, 12:56 PM
Tamim deserves a bit of break, has been consistently been playing a lot of matches for us over the last year and also domestic tournaments.

He needs to be with his wife right now more than anything. In the meanwhile, it only means that we will have the oppurtunity to test our bench strength

Purbasha T
February 18, 2016, 02:30 PM
Some of us clearly ain't become fathers yet lol ... let him enjoy his fatherhood.

Rinathq
February 18, 2016, 04:21 PM
Its not like he is missing on the WC or an important tour. Its just the Asia Cup which is becoming less and less valuable (seeing how we are going to be hosting them for 3rd time in a row). To make it more useless, its T20 this year....
Enjoy your time off Tamim. No doubt he will be missed as Soumya, Imrul, Sohan, Mithin arent even close to his level in this format with the form he is going on right now

KingKohli
February 20, 2016, 06:51 PM
He already knows result of Asia Cup so he is smart..

Good choice indeed