PDA

View Full Version : Anamul is a far better cricketer than Soumya

MHRAM
February 28, 2016, 10:22 AM
Better at rotating strike. Can play spin, a better fielder and more importantly knows more than one gear.

Yes better footwork.

Heck Jahurul would have done better than Soumya
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Krishna
February 28, 2016, 12:35 PM
Soumya's batting is far better than Anamul in Odis.

Soumya's batting in test has been poor BUT Anamul's stats weren't that great either if not worse.

Soumya's fielding is great. Everyone has one/two off days..but overall he's a good fielder. Don't forget even Anamul has also dropped catches. However it doesn't mean Anamuls a poor fielder either.

And yeah in T20 Soumya hasn't been up to the mark. That's for sure. Anamul is better than Soumya in terms of stats.

And last..
I believe Soumya has a problem in RBW but still he can milks the singles comperatably better than Anamul. I mean he finds the gap well. If Soumya is poor at Rotating the strike..Anamul is the worst.

So OVERALL who do you think is better CRICKETER Here..MHRAM

I know you are a great fan of Anamul and waiting for this moment when Soumya will fall..

:-p

BengaliPagol
February 28, 2016, 12:36 PM
Before the asia cup id have taken anamul over mithun. Anamul/Soumya opening combo woulda been great.

Jadukor
February 28, 2016, 12:41 PM
Soumia will come good. He has to. He is too good a player to miss out in t20. He is having a horrible time but i am not giving up on him.

Fazal
February 28, 2016, 12:45 PM
Anamul fans are like kind of Ashraful fans... never give up.... always looking for hole to plug him in.

Old days are over... this will not work under Haturu daa...if Anamul indeed to come back, he need to prove in non-national games that he has rectified his flaws.... and we know very well what are the flaws that is preventing him in the national team.

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2016, 12:46 PM
Soumia will come good. He has to. He is too good a player to miss out in t20. He is having a horrible time but i am not giving up on him.Me too.

Why did the selectors get rid off Liton and Anamul and brought Nurul?

What did Nurul do? Sorry did not keep up with the domestic cricket.

Can someone enlighten me?

Mas_UK25
February 28, 2016, 12:46 PM
Soumya>>Anamul in ODI's
Anamul>>Soumya in T20's
Both no good for test.

NoName
February 28, 2016, 12:47 PM
Replacing one mediocrity with another in this format. Only difference is Soumya won't waste deliveries to get dismissed leaving the other batsmen more overs to work with, and the other will score a run a ball or less to leave us with a below-par score of 120-130. We have all seen what Anamul is capable of during the BPL and Zim series but we are all obsessed with him because of 1-2 innings early in his career and some domestic bullying (we all know how are domestic bullies end up).

Roey Haque
February 28, 2016, 12:48 PM
Anamul is no where close to Soumya in fielding.

Watch Soumya's body language, he is one of those types......... He genuinely enjoys fielding. Ground fielding, boundary fielding, reaction fielding, long and athletic. Just the total package.

The slip drops, yeah, that still has me scratching my head. But these are the type of guys, when they find a chink in their armor, they go back to the nets and practice till they fix their deficiencies.

Soumya, Shabbir and Nasir are in a class of their own when it comes to cricket fielding.

With THAT out of the way, yeah, I suppose Anamul was not given a fair shake in T20s. He could perhaps be there instead of Mithun.

aklemalp
February 28, 2016, 12:49 PM
Ahhh, these knee-jerk-reaction threads are fun to see

ma_o_mati
February 28, 2016, 12:50 PM
I am not sold on Anamul. But soumya is a class apart. He will be able perform like odi's

Kohli_Sox
February 28, 2016, 12:51 PM
Soumya tries too many shots in the air. Got to play down the ground more. Not impressed

Fazal
February 28, 2016, 12:52 PM
Me too.

Why did the selectors get rid off Liton and Anamul and brought Nurul?

What did Nurul do? Sorry did not keep up with the domestic cricket.

Can someone enlighten me?

Not sure.

But after watching all four play, Nurul is the best Wicket Keeper followed by Litton. Ramim and Anamul are distant 3rd and 4th. Purely from wicket keeping point of view Nurul is the best.

btw I still believe in Litton and hopefully he will come back strong next time. I like both of them as our future prospect. Not sure yet how good/bad a batsman Nurul is. These few overs in T20 doesn't give me a good feeling about his batting capability.

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2016, 12:54 PM
The slip drops, yeah, that still has me scratching my head...Even the best of slip catchers drops/dropped MANY catches. Shabbir, him took BD fielding to a different level.

Tigers_eye
February 28, 2016, 12:56 PM
I am not sold on Anamul. But soumya is a class apart. He will be able perform like odi's:up: :up: Anamul can't rotate the strike. Bogs down one end and creates pressure.

MHRAM
February 28, 2016, 12:57 PM
i forgot to add T20s up there.

And I am no fan of Anamul first of all. Never was really. But in T20s i felt he was definitely a better player. And these Mithuns and Nuruls have never done much to be considered for BD team. Anamul has performed in T20s for his country. Point being, Anamul has several gears and his RBW is better.

Problem with soumya is that, he has only one gear to bat with and in T20Is that is an absolutely liability. On decent wickets, Soumya is always going to struggle lot. Now if Soumya is going to be slotted in just on the basis of ODI form then something wrong.

But Soumya has the backing of ODI performance and good outfielding atleast. What is Mithun doing in the team. Nurul has dissappointed against the better sides.

ma_o_mati
February 28, 2016, 01:01 PM
I think Soumya needs Tamim at the other end rather than mithun chakrabarty to feel at ease tackling all the disco dancing.

Kohli_Sox
February 28, 2016, 01:17 PM
Not sure.

But after watching all four play, Nurul is the best Wicket Keeper followed by Litton. Ramim and Anamul are distant 3rd and 4th. Purely from wicket keeping point of view Nurul is the best.

btw I still believe in Litton and hopefully he will come back strong next time. I like both of them as our future prospect. Not sure yet how good/bad a batsman Nurul is. These few overs in T20 doesn't give me a good feeling about his batting capability.

And what made you so confident about Liton's ability? Nurul is a far better batsman than Liton

MHRAM
February 28, 2016, 01:22 PM
:up: :up: Anamul can't rotate the strike. Bogs down one end and creates pressure.

Yet has a T20I record which is only inferior to that of Shabbir. His last innings against Zimbabwe in november was on the slower side but the entire team failed and he was holding one end up, not a great innings though afterall. And when did you ever see Soumya rotating the strike. Most of soumya's runs are from boundaries and when he does try to rotate the strike he gets himself runout. I am not hating Soumya, but in this format i feel that Soumya just isn't making the cut.

The reason why he is failing is because he uses the same mindset in T20s and ODIs. now obviously, his style is more suited for T20s. But whats the issue? Well, in ODIs, if you are able to take the attack to the bowler, they are caught off-guard. No one expects you to go after every ball.

At the same time in T20s, the bowlers is constantly expecting you to charge at you and hence they adjust accordingly and the field is set up that way. Mind you, in the 1st T20 against SA, they put a fielder at mid wicket for his pull shot and the ball went straight into his hands. Also, i must add. In T20Is, you need to be quick between the wickets and better at judging the singles

Fazal
February 28, 2016, 01:24 PM
And what made you so confident about Liton's ability? Nurul is a far better batsman than Liton

Becuase he is young, he is decent wicket keeper and he has passed all previous hurdle that a young player need to pass before coming to the national team. He is also recognized by BD cricket professionals as one of the new talent to look for. His game with the bat good is solid but lack some off-site shots.

That's why personally I still believe in Litton. No reason to give up on him soo early.

ma_o_mati
February 28, 2016, 01:49 PM
How did Anamul do on last bpl?

Kohli_Sox
February 28, 2016, 01:51 PM
Becuase he is young, he is decent wicket keeper and he has passed all previous hurdle that a young player need to pass before coming to the national team. He is also recognized by BD cricket professionals as one of the new talent to look for. His game with the bat good is solid but lack some off-site shots.

That's why personally I still believe in Litton. No reason to give up on him soo early.

Oh please. Liton scored heavily only in one season. Is that the benchmark for playing in national team? Why not let him build himself more before throwing him in? Another year or so would not make a lot of difference. He could debut with much more strong gameplay. I really don't get the need to throw players immediately into the deep end and destroy their careers.

ma_o_mati
February 28, 2016, 01:59 PM
Anamul lacks footwork, technique.
Liton cant play offside.
Mithun is a walking wicket
Imrul is good for test

Anyone else?

Kohli_Sox
February 28, 2016, 02:03 PM
Anamul's footwork is ok-ish for LO. Just needs to rotate strike more.

Fazal
February 28, 2016, 02:11 PM
Anamul's footwork is ok-ish for LO. Just needs to rotate strike more.

You question Litton's talent and then you say something like this (above)... I don't know how seriously I should take your comments.

Anamul is talented no doubt and he had some success, but Anamul feet movement is non existent... not ok at all.

Razi
February 28, 2016, 02:36 PM
Must say this guy is another blind fan of Mr. Glued-Feet like so many Ash fans, tries really hard not to show it but just can't control his emotions in every freaking opportunity he gets.

Anamul FAR better cricketer than Soumya? FFS, just give it a break and go see a doctor to cure your obsession! :facepalm:

jeesh
February 28, 2016, 10:36 PM
Soumya is one of those players who can change the game on his own. We dont have many such players. Sort of destruction he can do, not even Shakib or Mushfiq can.

He is going through a period which many of our youngsters have in the past. They burst into the scene with a bang, but afterwards cant replicate the early prowess. Maybe they cant adapt to the fame, expectation.

We wont do any favors to him by dropping him. All he needs is another good knock to get his confidence back. Lets hope he does it against Pakistan.

BD_TigerZ
February 29, 2016, 01:16 AM
Bahahahahahahahha wow..

BanglaNAus
February 29, 2016, 01:16 AM
In t20i hes a hack

Rana Melb
March 1, 2016, 04:29 AM
Problem with sarkar he never score big in t20. He looks out of form. Anamul has good record in t20. But he is almost out of scope. Furthermore Sarkar inclusion in test was also premature. He is best suited for odi.

BanglaNAus
March 1, 2016, 05:53 AM
AFTER anamuls 50 off 49 balls.He is probably the most selfish cricketer in the t20 squad.u cant have that im sorry i wont sugar coat the truth.u simply cant have selfish players in t20i

He is talented no doubt but we should abstain from him in t20i.in odi he deserves another go but is injury and souyma sarkars arrival has lowered his chances at reselection

Mas_UK25
March 1, 2016, 05:57 AM
Some one correct the spelling please! to 'Than'

It's been somedays this thread been opened. No mods seen the incorrect spelling? Need to be bit more active!

Navo
March 1, 2016, 06:36 AM
Some one correct the spelling please! to 'Than'

It's been somedays this thread been opened. No mods seen the incorrect spelling? Need to be bit more active!

Its been corrected

Jadukor
March 1, 2016, 06:39 AM
I know this game!
Fred better than Messi
Keira Knightley hotter than Olivia Munn
Michael Bay better than Spielberg
Sword of Tipu Sultan better than X files
Wii U better than PS4
Etc etc

Mas_UK25
March 1, 2016, 06:45 AM
Thank you for correcting it. Novo.

Back on topic.
I don't think Anamul is 'far better' than Soumya. But on the evidence of what I have seen in this format so far, Anamul is better. But Soumya has more class, something about him, and he can take a game away from any team (we have seen that in ODI's last year)

So in conclusion, I know I've been critical of Soumya too in this format but I do get this feeling he has an xfactor which in just a matter of time will explode into action at T20's, too!

MHRAM
March 13, 2016, 09:43 AM
Okay maybe be not far better, but significantly better is Anamul.

Anamul was a good player of spin, could rotate the strike when boundaries dried up. And had a more array of strokes, Soumya in this format look like a leg side hack.

Mas_UK25
March 13, 2016, 09:50 AM
Definitely better T20 player than Soumya. Yep need Anamul at top with Tamim. I'd still stick with Soumya down the order though.

Krishna
March 13, 2016, 10:02 AM
Sorry but the harsh truth is SS is not CAPABLE enough to score very quickly (not 20 balls 25..but 20 balls 35+)

He's not PATIENT enough to be in Test team either.

He's 'talent' is suitable only for ODIs.

MHRAM
March 13, 2016, 10:48 AM
Soumya's potential was never doubted, Soumya has a lot of potential but he is throwing the potential down the drain. If he has such pleasing square cuts and drives, why slog everything on the on? Every coach knows that Soumya is going to slog at you on the leg side.

Anamul is a more dynamic player in that regard to be honest. However, not MITHUN. I would rather have an off-form soumya than seeing Mithun opening the batting with that Chris-Martin like technique

Max100
March 13, 2016, 12:45 PM
for T20--anamul is better but for ODI--soumya is far far better

BD_TigerZ
March 13, 2016, 01:02 PM
Soumya is out of form.. at his best he's better in T20s than Anamul aswell. Anamul at his best still looks out of place..as hes grinding it out with his poor footwork and rotation.

BD_TigerZ
March 13, 2016, 01:04 PM
Anamul and Litton should be in for Mithun and Mushy imo.

WarWolf
March 13, 2016, 01:33 PM
Lost my words.

Zeeshan
March 13, 2016, 01:35 PM
I don't see the unnecessary bashing of Soumya. Wtf do you expect to go out there and hit ball from the go? Soumya has different temperament and likes to settle himself in. Had he played ura dhura shot and scored 13 ball 20 then we would be bashing him too....

imran78
March 13, 2016, 01:51 PM
Soumya will come good in the next matches.

icricket
March 13, 2016, 02:22 PM
You are comparing apples with oranges. Both of them are fantastic and they are our future. :)

ma_o_mati
March 13, 2016, 02:28 PM
No way jose. Soumya is a quality player. Anamul is fluke

Navo
March 13, 2016, 05:09 PM
Anamul isn't exactly setting the domestic scene alight. He's doing OK but not churning out the 100s that were characteristic of his pre-debut career.

On the other hand, we still have room for improvement in our batting lineup. SS's spot might be called into question if his poor run continues indefinitely, but Mithun/Nasir's spot is also unstable. (I would prefer Anamul over Mithun)

mac
March 13, 2016, 05:17 PM
Soumya's potential was never doubted, Soumya has a lot of potential but he is throwing the potential down the drain. If he has such pleasing square cuts and drives, why slog everything on the on? Every coach knows that Soumya is going to slog at you on the leg side.

Might just be a bluff! Bowlers will bowl on the offside and he will unleash his strokes in the main games. :floor::floor::floor:

NoName
March 13, 2016, 06:06 PM
Oh god, this thread is back. Anamul being great at rotating the strike has to be a joke of some kind.

WarWolf
March 13, 2016, 07:02 PM

Anamul is a more dynamic player in that regard to be honest. However, not MITHUN. I would rather have an off-form soumya than seeing Mithun opening the batting with that Chris-Martin like technique
Lack of confidence.

Night_wolf
March 13, 2016, 07:07 PM
Lack of confidence.

yeah, even though shakib scored quickfire 17 yesterday his lack of confidence was also showing. same with mushy. its bad because in T20 its really hard to get the confidence back quickly as there isn't much time to settle in.

I am sure these 3 will be back in form once we start to play ODIs again. but for this tournament its a worrying factor

Rana Melb
March 13, 2016, 07:51 PM
No way jose. Soumya is a quality player. Anamul is fluke

He is not a fluke for sure. He is a quality players. He has his technical issues.

Rana Melb
March 13, 2016, 07:52 PM
Sarkar will deliver in final stage.. mark my words.

Fazal
March 13, 2016, 08:47 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah...

MHRAM
March 26, 2016, 07:34 AM
Now I am going to take my popcorn and read the comments of those who laughed at me. Having said that, i am not a hater of Soumya and I believe he will be instrumental in our successes esp. in ODI cricket in the future

Fazal
March 27, 2016, 01:21 AM
There is no popcorn...bashi muri bhaja for you.

Soumya may be failing to take advantage of the opportunities, but that doesn't make Anamul far better batsman by default.

Why?

Because currently Anamul's chance is zero.. golla...he had an opportunity to make a case in BPL and he made zero impression. The selectors and the coach doesn't think Anamul as a competitor/alternative of SS to the point that they didn't even selected him in the original team of 14. When they picked up two alternative players, they still ignored him.

What it tells you? If they drop SS next time, they will pick Raam, Shaam, Jodu, Modhu before will consider Anamul for now.

So what can Anamul's fans can do in the mean time?

Plead to Amamul... "bhai... hatey dhori... payee dhori....media=er kachey complain na kore...try to improve your game (you know where you need to improve) and in next opportunity (BPL, Team-A, local league) show case your skill so the selectors cannot ignore you anymore."

And yes ... he he ha ha ... shokun-er bod doya te goru morey na.... arr jodi goru morey... sheta jobia korey local markety-er supply deya hobe... kintu shokun-key deya hobe na.... kajeee doya kore kono lav nai... Anamul asbey na...unless he improves his game and convince the coach.

ma_o_mati
March 27, 2016, 01:32 AM
The answer is simple.

Anamul and soumya has played similar amount of games.

Anamul hasn't done close to what Soumya has done for us since last yr.

I rate jahurul, junaed better than anamul. Even chokka nayeem is better.

Soumya sarkar will be back. Just need to work with his feet movement a bit more and learn to play spinners a bit better.

Rana Melb
March 27, 2016, 03:39 AM
Anamul is a good t20 player. He is bit selfish. He can hit ton.anamul is better than mithun ali.

Mas_UK25
March 27, 2016, 03:49 AM
Some of the fans are as clueless as some of the batsmen we have, about cricket.

OP clearly indicating this comparison in the format of T20 (that is a 20 overs cricket game), not overall cross format. Yes, at T20, Anamul is FAR better than SOUMYA!!

Shaan
March 27, 2016, 04:46 AM
no comparison they both can play t20 just anamul opening and soumya late middle order where we need late firework late of the innings.

Mas_UK25
March 27, 2016, 05:07 AM
no comparison they both can play t20 just anamul opening and soumya late middle order where we need late firework late of the innings.

Either way. Anamul Haque Bijoy is BETTER at T20, be it domestic or International.

MHRAM
March 27, 2016, 05:43 AM
In T20s Soumya is still not doing much whereas Anamul has comparatively done better.

I am not a fan of Anamul, i think he is a hack. However, i won't take away that he has had some decent performances. I find his crying, celebrations cringeworthy but its criminal to overlook him given the state of our T20 team

shirsho2009
March 27, 2016, 06:25 AM
I think current team management is not fond of his approach, Bijoy needs to change his approach. Anyway, he is young enough to cope with the demand and we will see him in ODI, T20 very soon. If we don't find a solution at no 7, SS might be a good option.

Fazal
March 27, 2016, 12:53 PM
Some of the fans are as clueless as some of the batsmen we have, about cricket.

OP clearly indicating this comparison in the format of T20 (that is a 20 overs cricket game), not overall cross format. Yes, at T20, Anamul is FAR better than SOUMYA!!

As you claim you are the only one of the few who have a real clue. please make a case:

1. Why he should be in them team?

2. Do you agree with the coach's assessment (on Anamul) or the coach is also clueless? It was discussed many times why he was dropped from the team, and what coach wants him to improve.

3. What you saw Anamul did in BPL3 that makes you feel that Anmaul indeed addressed his issues?

Yes I am purely talking about T20.