PDA

View Full Version : I miss the old days of BC when...

Zeeshan
March 12, 2016, 07:40 PM
We had tags but some of us abused it.
I had a custom title and custom name
There were actually .0001% female unlike the .00001%
We didn't dump everything in a single bin of thread but could find news from thread title
ATMR used to terrorize us
Goru, shaad bhai's post
When I could divulge all my secrets here without having katkhotta religious spies spying on me and 'kotha lagano'
We used to have banging time on chat
Support group from so much loss
I wasn't antagonistic

Night_wolf
March 12, 2016, 07:42 PM
I miss the match day chats, With less strictness than the forum it was fun there!

Zeeshan
March 12, 2016, 07:50 PM
I miss our beatboxer bhai (ota ki royee chilo naki?), shamim mia's poll, the dude who created chokmok sen, a member called orpheus who used to come here, satires, Zunaid bhai/ Ahmed bhai/ Mahmood bhai dropping bombs/ Tehsin bhai's bollywood list in imdb 250 :p

iDumb
March 12, 2016, 08:05 PM
What I want to know is has Arnob concurred the world or was he all talk?

Zeeshan
March 12, 2016, 08:07 PM
Lol ^^^ Poor guy. The first thing I did after signing up was challenge him, but I realize how cool he was. Damn, I wonder how many people left cuz of me. :(

iDumb
March 12, 2016, 08:16 PM
Lol ^^^ Poor guy. The first thing I did after signing up was challenge him, but I realize how cool he was. Damn, I wonder how many people left cuz of me. :(

no not poor guy. That guy got away with saying so many outrageious and stupid things. He would be banned in a day if he was still around and spewing out that type of nonsense. He was given a lot of leniency in fact complete freedom. But when he was not in that mode, his posts were brilliant. To make it worse, BC made him a moderator too i believe at some point. That is horrible.

But he will win in a debate with you though zeeshan.. no offense :p

It will be disappointing if he is not doing something great but then again there are people that are great in talks/arguments but fails when it comes to actual real world productivity and innovation.

aklemalp
March 12, 2016, 08:20 PM
Excellent thread Zeeshan!!..

Now an opportunity to learn about the primitive days of BC

Zeeshan
March 12, 2016, 08:28 PM
no not poor guy. That guy got away with saying so many outrageious and stupid things. He would be banned in a day if he was still around and spewing out that type of nonsense. He was given a lot of leniency in fact complete freedom. But when he was not in that mode, his posts were brilliant. To make it worse, BC made him a moderator too i believe at some point. That is horrible.

But he will win in a debate with you though zeeshan.. no offense :p

It will be disappointing if he is not doing something great but then again there are people that are great in talks/arguments but fails when it comes to actual real world productivity and innovation.

What if I pit him against Al-Furqaan? :shakibsmile:

Zeeshan
March 12, 2016, 08:30 PM
Excellent thread Zeeshan!!..

Now an opportunity to learn about the primitive days of BC

Knock yourself out.
(http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/archive/index.php?f-5.html)

aklemalp
March 12, 2016, 08:33 PM
Knock yourself out.
(http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/archive/index.php?f-5.html)

Oh freaking damn!!!

iDumb
March 12, 2016, 08:40 PM
What if I pit him against Al-Furqaan? :shakibsmile:

Al furqaan doesn't stand a chance. He will eat furqaan alive.

In the forum - Shaad, zunaid, shubho would be able to give him a run... you would be ok 40% of the time but then you will go all esoterically boring and wouldnt be able to handle the insult hurled at you...

I would be put to shame in most subject matters except few but my strategy would be to go Donald trump on him - attack the person, create doubt and avoid substance. You win and BC would be great again.

Nocturnal
March 13, 2016, 12:14 AM
Did anyone remember "Pundit"?!! ... I think that was the nick .... He was brutal ... But miss him for his "Troll" hunting skills. We needed him now badly! :)

Banglatiger84
March 13, 2016, 01:23 AM
When Ehsan and Shahid used to take up 3 pages in their "fights" :)

roman
March 13, 2016, 01:45 AM
Miss those days when NanaBhai created few accounts here and Got caught. That was hilarious.

Roey Haque
March 13, 2016, 03:53 AM
What happened to Sohel? Does anyone know? He was the ultimate patriot.

al-Sagar
March 13, 2016, 08:52 AM
thread besh jome uthche .... we are not doomed

bodrul
March 13, 2016, 09:19 AM
When each page used to have 40 replies....when the numbers declined....BC tried to preserve page numbers....it was a bad move

PoorFan
March 14, 2016, 01:20 AM
I miss old days Fazal, when he was alive.

MohammedShamim
March 14, 2016, 05:18 PM
2010-2011 was the most exciting year! so many things happened here @BC!

Can't exactly remember, but many good members were around, and funny members..

al Furqaan
March 14, 2016, 05:37 PM
Al furqaan doesn't stand a chance. He will eat furqaan alive.

In the forum - Shaad, zunaid, shubho would be able to give him a run... you would be ok 40% of the time but then you will go all esoterically boring and wouldnt be able to handle the insult hurled at you...

I would be put to shame in most subject matters except few but my strategy would be to go Donald trump on him - attack the person, create doubt and avoid substance. You win and BC would be great again.

Dream on. I studied at some of finest instutions of ajaira pechal. My abilities are second to none.

cricman
March 14, 2016, 06:38 PM
The forum was at it's apex, when we where the worst team in the world.

But I kind of expected this to happen, the interest would wane as we became good.

The fun was in the struggle of become a good team. Also, some of the O.G's probably got fed up with the repeated failures. There's only so much one can take. Especially that 11' WC.

iDumb
March 14, 2016, 06:45 PM
Dream on. I studied at some of finest instutions of ajaira pechal. My abilities are second to none.

While I don't doubt you are expert at ajaira pechal, it is a whole different beast all together to argue against someone with higher analytical skills or one who can read you inside out. I would have you fight the Indian/Pak trolls but I would keep you away from Arnab for your own good...

But your confidence is noteworthy. Almost as good as your avatar hero Anamul Haque. Boasting his stats on facebook, how he is the best statistically (he is a number guy) while not even making the 15 member squad.

You wouldn't make my 15 for the Bangladcricket debate team. But you would be my number one pick if other team is made full of trolls... You know how anamul excels against minnows - yeah like that.

Nasif
March 14, 2016, 06:49 PM
Miss those days when babubangla used to post satire after satire... And each of them was a gem!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=35703

al Furqaan
March 14, 2016, 09:19 PM
The forum was at it's apex, when we where the worst team in the world.

But I kind of expected this to happen, the interest would wane as we became good.

The fun was in the struggle of become a good team. Also, some of the O.G's probably got fed up with the repeated failures. There's only so much one can take. Especially that 11' WC.

I agree. When we sucked balls, I was obsessed with BC and couldnt wait to drop a stats analysis. Now that we are winning, there's no angst left, no fun.

Btw Orphy, most of this forum doesn't have intellectual capacity to fathom my analytics giving the appearance of futility.

iDumb
March 14, 2016, 09:57 PM
Btw Orphy, most of this forum doesn't have intellectual capacity to fathom my analytics giving the appearance of futility.

haha classic. You will be surprised if you knew the true intellectual capacity of the forum. Most just don't care.

Over the years I have seen you change however.... you 've changed from a religious guy with pak friends to a religion not important and subcontinent ppl hater. Your cockiness level has skyrocketed. Your ability to be open to other ideas dwindled down..

now you are probably ?drinking, asking ugly girls out.. what's going on? Why the drastic change? Not that I am saying any of these are bad changes but it's noticeable from your forum presence over the years.
---

what u doing now? residency? waht year.. maybe that happened. today was a match day too i think.

Zunaid
March 14, 2016, 10:44 PM
I miss the old days when Zunaid used to post regularly.

Night_wolf
March 14, 2016, 10:48 PM
^is he finally coming back?, we are on rise as a cricket team!, our forum will rise to!, we need our guardian back!!!

iDumb
March 14, 2016, 11:03 PM
zeeshan finally got a hit thread after 5 years ... he even made zunaid post ...or is it an AI of Zunaid - u never know with this guy....

I am willing to bet my shirt (i only got one) that Banglacricket BOT programmed by zunaid and nasif can beat al-furqan on a debate anyday....

al Furqaan
March 15, 2016, 12:59 PM
haha classic. You will be surprised if you knew the true intellectual capacity of the forum. Most just don't care.

Over the years I have seen you change however.... you 've changed from a religious guy with pak friends to a religion not important and subcontinent ppl hater. Your cockiness level has skyrocketed. Your ability to be open to other ideas dwindled down..

now you are probably ?drinking, asking ugly girls out.. what's going on? Why the drastic change? Not that I am saying any of these are bad changes but it's noticeable from your forum presence over the years.
---

what u doing now? residency? waht year.. maybe that happened. today was a match day too i think.

Match day was yesterday...didn't apply this year...failed CS and got backed up...apparently my communication and interpersonal skills aren't as awesome as my grasp of pathophysiology. Worried about the match, a friend of mine from Brooklyn didn't match this year.

Lol at your assessmemt. I am only cocky when confronted by BS...hard to fathom but there are a lot of Trump level fools out and about.

Studying for step 3 right now...uworld is a kutta. The percentages provided make less sense than Indian trolls defending BCCI. For example only 40% of people are smart enough to know that aortic stenosis would manifest as an abnormally split S2...but 80% of people know what a Jarisch Herxheimer reaction is? I've never even heard of that!!!

Antora
March 15, 2016, 05:51 PM
I miss the old days of BC when I was 13 years old and would post random annoying stuff for the lols and tY3p3d lYk d!s (oh God, why wasn't I banned or something...so embarrassing). Now that I'm 22, I post once a year and feel like the grandma of BC (not in terms of age, but how long I've been a part of BC) =(

Zeeshan
March 15, 2016, 06:50 PM
I miss the old days when Zunaid used to post regularly.

I don't.

view360
March 16, 2016, 02:24 AM
This is my first day after so many years of hibernation.

ammark
March 16, 2016, 06:17 AM
life's caught up. full time job, then barely enough time to make dinner, have dinner and sleep.

...i miss the old days of BC when I had so much time in my hands to argue about random stuff

iDumb
March 16, 2016, 08:10 AM
life's caught up. full time job, then barely enough time to make dinner, have dinner and sleep.

...i miss the old days of BC when I had so much time in my hands to argue about random stuff

Why why and why? Why the hell are you cooking your own dinner... Bro seriously?? Don't settle for that sh** bro.... Get somebody to cook that or buy the food.... You should only cook as an art over the weekend only cuz you want to.. not because you have to eat.

I have the opposite problem.. I don't know how to waste my time :( Everyone got obligations...

aklemalp
March 16, 2016, 03:12 PM
This is my first day after so many years of hibernation.

In Westeros, they call it the Long Night. You probably missed an entire generation of Members. Babies were born. Lots of men died. Well, I guess you are preparing for hibernation again. Good luck and enjoy.

Shubho
March 16, 2016, 03:38 PM
I miss reciting the Lord's Prayer in unison with Dr. Z.

I miss the days when Orpheus was called Orpheus...not something dumb. ;)

I miss Sohel's superb player-by-player analysis after each game and his anti-geekfest rants.

I miss Arnab's feeble attempts to demonstrate his Atel-lectual capacity.

I miss Pundit's constant anti-Awami League trolling.

I miss input from the BC founders. Tehsin doesn't seem to give a toss any more. Neither does Mahmood.

I also miss input from the female members. Sausage fests are no fun.

view360
March 16, 2016, 10:41 PM
In Westeros, they call it the Long Night. You probably missed an entire generation of Members. Babies were born. Lots of men died. Well, I guess you are preparing for hibernation again. Good luck and enjoy.

It probably has to do with the problem of immediate gratification.

Puck
March 20, 2016, 09:55 PM
It is still nice to drop by once in a while :)

iDumb
March 20, 2016, 10:02 PM
I miss the old days when Puck used to drop by more often and share with us his knowledge of history, art , religion and philosophy.

If i ever had trouble sleeping, I would just read his posts.

Zeeshan
March 20, 2016, 10:04 PM
people with hot wives dont seem to have that problem ^^^

One World
March 21, 2016, 12:05 AM
A collection of genius,

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/archive/index.php?t-32229.html

view360
March 21, 2016, 12:43 AM
Any known BC member died ? I probably missed an entire generation.

Puck
March 27, 2016, 09:36 PM
I miss the old days when Puck used to drop by more often and share with us his knowledge of history, art , religion and philosophy.

If i ever had trouble sleeping, I would just read his posts.

It is very kind of you to say so! I hope all is well with you?

Naimul_Hd
March 29, 2016, 01:39 PM
Nice to see some new mods and BC staff member ! Recently logged in back after almost 1.5 years :) Looks like some old members have also gone into hibernation mode :)