PDA

View Full Version : Chameera Vs Rabada Vs Milne Vs Taskin

jeesh
March 19, 2016, 02:00 AM
Think tall fast bowlers. Bowlers who can consistently bowl 140 plus. Bowlers with high arm action who generate steep bounce. Chameera, Rabada, Milne and Taskin are four young fast bowlers who match the description.

Remove the green cap. Lets debate how these young fast bowlers stack up against each other.

The 4 bowlers chose are fairly similar in terms of age, bowling style, experience.

Didnt include Aamir or Starc who are completely different in style. Didnt include Hazlewood who is at least 5 years older and has a lot more experience. Didnt include Bumrah who is more in the Malinga category.

Who do you rate the best out of the 4 fast bowlers. Who do you think has what it takes to be amongst the worlds best in the coming years.

jeesh
March 19, 2016, 02:16 AM
I ll use 5 factors in my evaluation: Pace, Control/Accuracy, Aggression, Skill, Wicket Taking Ability

Pace: Milne is the fastest, followed by Rabada, Chameera and Taskin

Control: Taskin to me is easily the best here. Bowls in fantastic areas which makes it hard to hit him-hence the number of dot balls he produces. He also bowls accurate yorkers-better than the other 3.

Aggression: Milne and Chameera are both quick, but they dont back their pace with the aggression of a fast bowler. Rabada and Taskin are a lot more aggressive, and likely to reply to a boundary with a fast bouncer.

Skill: Rabada edges the others with his late swing, movement. But marginally.

Wicket Taking Ability: I think this is where Rabada steam rolls above the others. He has this ability to bowl the wicket taking length. Probably he has learned from Steyn. He pitches the ball furthest amongst the 4, his pace, late swing enables him to beat batsmen pick up a lot of wickets. Lot of his dismissals are leg before or he sends the stumps flying.

Overall, i think Milne will fizz out in a few years. Too many injuries, and nothing special other than pace. Chameera to me seems too mild. Someone needs to toughen him up, and he needs to make use of his pace and height.

Taskin will probably go past both Chameera and Milne. His control, pace, aggression all make him a top bowler. But he probably loses to Rabada because of his inability to pick up wickets. At once you can say Rabada will end up being a 300-400 wicket bowler. This is what differentiates good bowlers from great ones. And why probably few will remember Morkel and most will revere Steyn.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2016, 02:33 AM
Tashkin might get more wickets if our fielders can hold on to catches of his bowling..this guy is the opposite of kayes in luck.

Nadim
March 19, 2016, 04:19 AM
Chameera - 24 years old
Miline - 23
Rabada - 20
Taskin - 20

Don't think its fair to compare Rabada and Taskin with other two as their are 3/4 years older.

al Furqaan
March 19, 2016, 04:37 AM
Chameera - 24 years old
Miline - 23
Rabada - 20
Taskin - 20

Don't think its fair to compare Rabada and Taskin with other two as their are 3/4 years older.

All still fairly new to int'l cricket so its valid IMO. I would add Pat Cummins of Austrailia as well.

Excellent thread Jeesh (no longer calling you bhai as I just learned you are younger than me!). I will add my thoughts tomorrow as its super late here and I am falling asleep just typing this.

aklemalp
March 19, 2016, 05:03 AM
Rabada, leaps and bounds ahead of those guys, then comes mustafizur

patriot
March 19, 2016, 05:54 AM
^^ yea, we saw Rabada last night. 4 overs - 50 runs. Certainly leaps and bounds above the 3 bowlers.

aklemalp
March 19, 2016, 06:02 AM
^^ yea, we saw Rabada last night. 4 overs - 50 runs. Certainly leaps and bounds above the 3 bowlers.

I based my assessment not on a single match but all three formats. Even Dale Steyn and Jordan got smacked yesterday.

If it was mustafizur, taskin, chameera, or milne, all would have almost the same figures.

Just my opinion bro.
Rabada is my favorite young bowler

Roey Haque
March 19, 2016, 06:41 AM
I think Chameera has unlimited potential, and so far he is the best out of the 4 this tournament. Though SL had an easy opponent in Afg. Also, I don't agree with your critique of him that he is soft and needs to toughen up. On the contrary, if he keeps on being the smooth bowler that he is who doesn't err on line and length, batsmen will find it incredibly hard to hit him, while they will wallop Rabada and Taskin who will bowl more bad balls trying to convert fury into efficiency.

As the tournament progresses, have to keep an eye out for all 4. Good post.

Krishna
March 19, 2016, 06:49 AM
Taskin..banned :(

Nadim
March 19, 2016, 06:52 AM
No comparison between a chucker (Taskin) with other 3.

Krishna
March 19, 2016, 06:55 AM
No comparison between a chucker (Taskin) with other 3.

God and tell your ICC to check India's bowlers too

tiger1000
March 19, 2016, 07:24 AM
I ll use 5 factors in my evaluation: Pace, Control/Accuracy, Aggression, Skill, Wicket Taking Ability

Pace: Milne is the fastest, followed by Rabada, Chameera and Taskin

Control: Taskin to me is easily the best here. Bowls in fantastic areas which makes it hard to hit him-hence the number of dot balls he produces. He also bowls accurate yorkers-better than the other 3.

Aggression: Milne and Chameera are both quick, but they dont back their pace with the aggression of a fast bowler. Rabada and Taskin are a lot more aggressive, and likely to reply to a boundary with a fast bouncer.

Skill: Rabada edges the others with his late swing, movement. But marginally.

Wicket Taking Ability: I think this is where Rabada steam rolls above the others. He has this ability to bowl the wicket taking length. Probably he has learned from Steyn. He pitches the ball furthest amongst the 4, his pace, late swing enables him to beat batsmen pick up a lot of wickets. Lot of his dismissals are leg before or he sends the stumps flying.

Overall, i think Milne will fizz out in a few years. Too many injuries, and nothing special other than pace. Chameera to me seems too mild. Someone needs to toughen him up, and he needs to make use of his pace and height.

Taskin will probably go past both Chameera and Milne. His control, pace, aggression all make him a top bowler. But he probably loses to Rabada because of his inability to pick up wickets. At once you can say Rabada will end up being a 300-400 wicket bowler. This is what differentiates good bowlers from great ones. And why probably few will remember Morkel and most will revere Steyn.

This, although it'll help if people held taskins catches.

Another aspect is leadership (not captaincy), the ability to stand up and take the lead, Rabada and Taskin are leaders when it comes to performances and standing up, the other 2 don't.