PDA

View Full Version : Any valid excuse to look so deflated?

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 11:47 AM
"Why do we fall? So that we learn how to pick ourselves up" - Alfred in batman

I know it really hurts us to see that 2 key bowlers were banned in the middle of tournament. Yes, there was a bit of misjustice done with Taskin. Yes we were missing some key bowlers

But, this is a part and parcel of life. You think we have had it bad? Sri Lanka's Kusal Perera was banned for 4 years and we don't know whether he intentionally took those drugs for performance enhancement. Pakistan before the CWC had Hafeez and Ajmal banned, and the ban of Ajmal really threw Pakistan off for quite a while and they are still struggling to find his replacement.

I think we forget that this cricket team is not just a family for them, its a professional outfit. Everyone needs to pick themselves up. Virat Kohli's father died when he was 18, and he still played a match for his domestic side that day and saved the match before going to the funeral. And from there on he never looked back. Life will throw stones at you but you cannot lose hope, you need to come back hard and show that you need to hit us even harder to destroy us.

Its sad to see that Bangladesh team is all passion and limited professionalism. Mashrafe looks like he doesn't want to be there. Our batsman looked negative today, no urgency for running between the wicket, and only 3 sixes hit in 20 overs on a flat wicket! Our fielding looks lacklustre and bowlers looking like they are being forced to bowl.

I really expected our boys to be pumped but I am really dissappointed. This was our platform to show that we are good! During 07 WC we lost Rana and our boys may have been shellshocked but they played the next match and beat the mighty Indians. So a players suspension mean we are going to leave our stations?

Once again, we need to show the world that we are strong. This was a real test of our character. And so far we have failed. Not going to qualify for sure, but we have 2 matches left and we can still pull ourselves up.

Kohli_Sox
March 21, 2016, 11:56 AM
Good post. It's difficult for the players sometimes and they are away from home too. They need to pull themselves up. This is where coaches, managers play a key role.

Jadukor
March 21, 2016, 12:02 PM
Mash lost the plot here. Taskin is still alive. Orey deikha mone hoitese taskin moirai gesey.

Nadim
March 21, 2016, 12:08 PM
Agreed. Baccha polapain er moto behave kortese keno?

naim519
March 21, 2016, 12:10 PM
Yes. We have 1 valid excuse.

Tamim and company wanted vanilla ice-cream cake and instead he got strawberry chocolate. Strawberry and vanilla are not the same thing. Hence the deflated morale today from everyone. They wanted a specific flavor, and didn't get what they wanted.

Nadim
March 21, 2016, 12:25 PM
Gavaskar having a go at Mash, and rightly so.

Didn't even look like Mash was playing today. You can't be too emotional bruh!

Kohli_Sox
March 21, 2016, 12:30 PM
Gavaskar has always been our well wisher. So he got pissed at Mashrafe and hence the backlash. I don't blame the old man. Gavaskar wanted us to win.

patriot
March 21, 2016, 12:34 PM
Mashrafee has shown his other side - the sissy one. The guy is not mentally strong as a lot of us make it out to be. His death over bowling is a testament to that.

Ian bishop while commentating said that Mash look very heartbroken. Seriously, dude, Taskin is not the only player in the Bangladesh team.

Vepu
March 21, 2016, 12:36 PM
Pathetic body language today. I dont mind losing but not like this.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 12:43 PM
Yes, this match proves it. Mashrafe is a coward. A true leader doesn't feel defeated because one of your players get banned.

You call this a leader? A leader that goes missing when the team needs? You call him a leader when he cannot give credit to the opposition.

Look at Smith, he was being so vocal about how good Bangladesh have improved and ran them close, Mashrafe never gives due credit to the opinion.

iDumb
March 21, 2016, 12:45 PM
Yes, this match proves it. Mashrafe is a coward. .

calm down there buddy. He is NOT a coward. And he is a GREAT Leader but today's attitude is UNACCEPTABLE.

tonoy
March 21, 2016, 12:48 PM
Calm down with the coward call. A coward doesn't come on to field after having 4 or more surgeries on his knees. But Mash took this whole incident completely wrong. He could've used this adversity to further motivate the team instead of sulking in self pity and crying injustice.

ahnaf
March 21, 2016, 12:52 PM
bunch of keyboard warriors calling mash coward. lol. what else we have yet to see?

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 12:55 PM
calm down there buddy. He is NOT a coward. And he is a GREAT Leader but today's attitude is UNACCEPTABLE.

The most important criteria of leadership is to lead the team when you are down and out.

Today was the day, today, when we needed Mashrafe to motivate everyone even though he was dying outside. Some cricketers, not just cricketers, a lot of professionals have to go back to their field even after their closed one dies.

When my maternal grandfather died, my mom got a few days off but she had to go back to teach in her university soon, because she had to take classes given that the medical exams were coming and the students needed her.

Did Taskin die? No, he will be back soon. Whatever happens to you, you have to hold your head up. Life hits us all, life has hit me hard as well but i couldn't sit back and let time pass by, i am sure a lot of BCites have had it worse. I am sure a lot of us had lost a mother, a father, a brother a sister, got fired from their job, dumped by a lover. A true hero is one, who will try to forget his own problem and motivate others as well.

If you cannot support the team atleast, then you are indeed a coward. Mashrafe speaks so much about love for the country. If you are wearing the Bangladeshi jersey and have the captaincy band, you are privilged, and being demotivated because your best disciple was temporarily suspended is a sign of only one thing, mental weakness.

Equinox
March 21, 2016, 12:58 PM
Good opening post. Really disappointed with Mashrafe. Even Ian Bishop during commentary felt it necessary to point out Mashrafe's poor body language at the toss. Taskin will be cleared but you have to learn to deal with setbacks. Beating Australia today without Taskin and Tamim would've been the best thing we could have done for Taskin instead of sulking throughout the match. Someone from the team or management needs to have a word with him and tell him to get it together. You can't be so emotional.

icricket
@OP, Well, that's the other side of being very passionate and emotional. It hits them hard. So, no need to worry about it. :)

MHRAM
by "coward" i am not talking about him as a player. We all know how he is still playing after surgeries. I am talking about his captaincy aspect. He has gone missing when we needed him.

Ask any foreign pundit, or fan. They all will look into Mashrafe as a substandard leader and can we blame them

Vepu
March 21, 2016, 01:01 PM
Mash is coward? I have seem it all

NoName
March 21, 2016, 01:01 PM
I agree with MHRAM, we need to make the Mushfiqur Waugh, Shakib al Dhoni and Tamim Iqbal Pontings in our line-up our captain :floor:

shirsho2009
March 21, 2016, 01:09 PM
If Mash is coward, then everybody in Bangladesh is a coward. But I do not see any reason why he is so down today. Fizz replaced Taskin and no issue about Sunny. Sunny is not Warne (Sunny is my fav bowler).

mij
March 21, 2016, 01:11 PM
Look at the game at the end if we just have bit more sense on our fielding and bowling, we would of win this match.

nightman
March 21, 2016, 01:30 PM
Yes, this match proves it. Mashrafe is a coward. A true leader doesn't feel defeated because one of your players get banned.

You call this a leader? A leader that goes missing when the team needs? You call him a leader when he cannot give credit to the opposition.

Look at Smith, he was being so vocal about how good Bangladesh have improved and ran them close, Mashrafe never gives due credit to the opinion.

not my place though, but your use of the bolded word seems a bit ungrateful.. if you think a player representing his country, under immense pressure of its people is a coward, i would like to see you standing infront of a live room and talk about anything you like with out stuttering. you can question anything but calling that is just :facepalm:

i feel for your loss and anger.. goodluck on your upcoming games.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 01:35 PM
not my place though, but your use of the bolded word seems a bit ungrateful.. if you think a player representing his country, under immense pressure of its people is a coward, i would like to see you standing infront of a live room and talk about anything you like with out stuttering. you can question anything but calling that is just :facepalm:

i feel for your loss and anger.. goodluck on your upcoming games.

well i guess it came out of emotion.

BTW, i don't get your 2nd part. Not stuttering while talking in front of a room has more to do with one's charisma.

Simin2011
March 21, 2016, 01:39 PM
The problem with our players is that they are passion driven! They are yet to learn a thing or two about professionalism. Mash as a person , comes across very emotional which can be both good and bad. We just saw the bad side today. We have yet to learn a lot of things.
However I seriously condemn the name calling!

mij
March 21, 2016, 01:44 PM
I thought there was enough time to put things a side. Look like I am wrong.

nightman
March 21, 2016, 01:49 PM
well i guess it came out of emotion.

BTW, i don't get your 2nd part. Not stuttering while talking in front of a room has more to do with one's charisma.

sorry bro, bad choise of words on my behalf... just ignore the second part..

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 02:00 PM
sorry bro, bad choise of words on my behalf... just ignore the second part..

in all seriousness, i am quite good with public speaking or teaching in a classroom :D

However, when was in my teens i had severe stage fright, couldn't speak even if my life depended upon it :-|

nightman
March 21, 2016, 02:51 PM
in all seriousness, i am quite good with public speaking or teaching in a classroom :D

However, when was in my teens i had severe stage fright, couldn't speak even if my life depended upon it :-|

well me too.. i speak fluently generally, in any language i can speak, but i tend to stutter when there is a large audience, i am cornered, too angry and going for the kaitta lamu maira lamu part.. that stage fright is due to lack of confidence.. which leads to being afraid (related to cowardice for me :D )

any how, i am not a psychologist, mere acting like one :facepalm: thats why i asked you to ignore that :D

ps- just for amusement, i play guitar. mediocre when playing amongst friends.. but once i tried infront of friends and their friends (professional guitarists).. started with hands freezing, sweating, shaking.. ended with puke.. puked on the guitar :-| the guitar was one of the band members.. &
there went my professional career.. :lol::lol::floor::floor::floor:
good night

One World
March 21, 2016, 02:54 PM
I think the soul of Manjarul from heaven is also shaking its head, :smh:

tonmoy.dhaka
March 21, 2016, 02:58 PM
We Bengalis are too emotional...
If this was Australia than they would have managed the situation in a lot more professional way... by that i mean that the board would have worked with the ICC and the players would just treat the incident like a case of injury of a player....

Night_wolf
March 21, 2016, 03:10 PM
big fan of mash. absolutely love the man, but I kinda agree with MHRAM a true leader leads and motivates the team when its down. Mash is very emotional and emotion got the better of him. he can motivate the team after a tough loss we have all seen that but in this emotional state he is not that guy.

Zeeshan
March 21, 2016, 03:11 PM
acha apnara shobai thanda houn.... dom nin ...lomba...e bar dhire charun..dheeeeeeeray

Rabz
March 21, 2016, 03:22 PM
You guys amaze me, really.

WarWolf
March 21, 2016, 03:39 PM
You guys amaze me, really.

True. I am being amazed. Truely.

TigerBhai
March 21, 2016, 10:04 PM
i am amazed as well. well disgusted is a better description

tejkuni
March 21, 2016, 10:46 PM
well i guess it came out of emotion...........

Then how are you different. Show your professionalism and stay calm and do not call names.

One World
March 21, 2016, 10:57 PM
C'mon baby light my fire...

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/806620/%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%9B%E0%A 7%81%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%89%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%AB%E0%A6%BF

:fire:

icricket
March 22, 2016, 01:21 AM
We Bengalis are too emotional...
If this was Australia than they would have managed the situation in a lot more professional way... by that i mean that the board would have worked with the ICC and the players would just treat the incident like a case of injury of a player....

Except it would've never happened with Australia in the first place. :lol: And by any freakish chance if Australia was in this position (after failed test), oh mark my word..it's not the board who would work with ICC but ICC WOULD'VE RUSHED TO WORK WITH THE AUSTRALIAN BOARD TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUE ASAP. Such is the professionalism of the elite privileged group. :facepalm: :floor:
----

Of-course we Bengalis are too emotional. It doesn't make us any less of who we are. Please stop this kind of self-criticism. Who says there is only one way to lead a life/journey/country and so on. Why do we have to suffer in inferiority in all areas of our life. Why do we have to compare us with the west (i.e. Australia) as the measurement of the success? Why do we have to take the definition of "professionalism" from the west? My point is our values, our ways, our dedications, our intellectuals, our thought process, our skills everything is equal to or even better than the west.

East >= West.

Some examples are, with our shambolic domestic cricket structures and corruptions, we are still producing quality cricketers like Shakib, Tamim, Riyad, Mustafiz, and won consistently (in ODI) for the past year with what..yes, with a bucket full of passion and emotion. Can you imagine where Australia would have been with our situation, forget number 10, they would've been number 20 or something.

How about our country, the beautiful BANGLADESH? We broke ourselves free from the sub-continent and emerged as a new progressive nation. Our muktijuddo story is nothing less of a spectacular journey and led by another great bangali Sheikh Mujib. We became a proud independent nation..yes, with a bucked full of passion and emotion.

I have nothing against Australia or tonmoy.dhaka. Please don't take it personally bro. I'm just tired of our inferiority complexion issues in every aspect of our life as a Bangladeshi. I would like to see us overcome that and be forgiving to ourselves and be proud of who we are. Of-course corruptions, incompetency in a job, global learning (sharing and practicing knowledge from each other (east and west) for a better human life) is a different topic where all of us (east and west) can improve in those areas.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Bottom line is, ami hath diya vhat khamu r Australian ra kata-chamoch diya vhat khabe, to kar ki jai ashe? Koydin por dekha jabe, orao hath diye vhat kawa shuru koreche and it's better for the environment, thik na bujheekom dada? :D

cricket_king
March 22, 2016, 07:01 AM
Except it would've never happened with Australia in the first place. :lol: And by any freakish chance if Australia was in this position (after failed test), oh mark my word..it's not the board who would work with ICC but ICC WOULD'VE RUSHED TO WORK WITH THE AUSTRALIAN BOARD TO RESOLVE ANY ISSUE ASAP. Such is the professionalism of the elite privileged group. :facepalm: :floor:
----

Of-course we Bengalis are too emotional. It doesn't make us any less of who we are. Please stop this kind of self-criticism. Who says there is only one way to lead a life/journey/country and so on. Why do we have to suffer in inferiority in all areas of our life. Why do we have to compare us with the west (i.e. Australia) as the measurement of the success? Why do we have to take the definition of "professionalism" from the west? My point is our values, our ways, our dedications, our intellectuals, our thought process, our skills everything is equal to or even better than the west.

East >= West.

This post, just up to this point, not even including the subsequent emotional drab, is a perfect example of why we never progress as a nation. I don't even know where to begin in correcting this. :facepalm:

imtiaz82
March 22, 2016, 11:07 AM
----
Bottom line is, ami hath diya vhat khamu r Australian ra kata-chamoch diya vhat khabe, to kar ki jai ashe? Koydin por dekha jabe, orao hath diye vhat kawa shuru koreche and it's better for the environment, thik na bujheekom dada? :D

I don't think it's about East or West, it's about professionalism. You can take China, their athletes along with their board/ committee is extremely professional and thus they get numerous medals at world events like Olympics..

Fazal
March 22, 2016, 11:11 AM
Boyosher dosh....boyosh tou kon holo na...that is the excuse.

jeesh
March 22, 2016, 11:25 PM
On the given topic, DS has a nice story about the difference between Shakib and Mashrafee.

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/taskins-exclusion-not-the-end-the-world-1198378

NoName
March 22, 2016, 11:45 PM
Well that is why he got the 'IceMan' nickname

view360
March 23, 2016, 12:10 AM
Well that is why he got the 'IceMan' nickname

Shakib can be compared with a military general who gets things done without caring about being popular. On the other hand , Mashrafee has all the potential to eventually become a politician or even minister in Bangladesh. Above all Mastafee is a media darling. For instance, His Abahoni club mate Arif Khan Joy was a football captain and later became a state minister in the current government.

MHRAM
March 26, 2016, 07:44 AM
deflated performance yet again. Looked pumped against India

Now trying to score 70+