PDA

View Full Version : GAVASKAR: WHY IS MASHRAFE IN THE TEAM?

sakib12
March 21, 2016, 12:34 PM
Gavaskar: "Why is Mashrafe in the team? He bowled just 1 over....his captaincy was ordinary"....I am sorry to say that I have to agree with him as much as I respect Mashrafe's contribution to our team its time to hang up the boots he does not deserve a place in the team however the replacements are terrible as well if Rubel was fit he should have been there

MohammedShamim
March 21, 2016, 12:35 PM
He is jealous. hater.

sakib12
March 21, 2016, 12:38 PM
Gavaskar is a legend mate and I am a BD fan you should know better he is not like Sidhu or those type of nonsense guys he always makes sensible remarks

Shubho
March 21, 2016, 12:38 PM
^What are you talking about? Gavaskar is certainly NOT a hater.

Krishna
March 21, 2016, 12:39 PM
Still Can't forget Masrafe 2007 ? ;)

Kohli_Sox
March 21, 2016, 12:40 PM
Gavaskar is the only genuine well wisher for BD

sakib12
^What are you talking about? Gavaskar is certainly NOT a hater.

In fact he was humble and praised BD highly when we won against India in the ODIs

Shubho
If there's one Indian who has supported/encouraged us all along, it's Gavaskar.

Kohli_Sox
When Gavaskar makes a statement you better listen to it

NoName
March 21, 2016, 12:41 PM
Mash's captaincy was poor today, especially that Sajib over where he was getting tonked to the same area and kept no fielder there

tonmoy.dhaka
March 21, 2016, 12:42 PM
I respect both Gavaskar and Mashrafee... Amongst the former legends, Gavaskar was one to provide maximum support for bangladesh even when we were loosing each and every game.

His comments come from passion and because he honestly wants Bangladesh to do well, I do not expect too many people other than the bangladeshi's themselves to understand the importance of mashrafee...

Faisal
March 21, 2016, 12:45 PM
That's what i have been asking last 6 months, he doesn't bowl, he doesn't bat, he doesn't field, he doesn't catch, just stand there and watch.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 12:45 PM
Mashrafe will definitely retire

Today Mashrafe just has undone every one of us

Roey Haque
March 21, 2016, 12:46 PM
That's what i have been asking last 6 months, he doesn't bowl, he doesn't bat, he doesn't field, he doesn't catch, just stand there and watch.

^ A bit harsh. But not completely inaccurate.

Habib
Gavaskar is one of the very few Indian ex players and commentators who are genuine well wishers of our team (The other being Laxman). I will take any criticism from him seriously.

NoName

Mithun was the one that called it...

Roey Haque
March 21, 2016, 12:48 PM
Let me guess, Gavaskar is just a Mash hater and will soon eat his humble pies? Am I right guys? Yeah? No? No one?

Roey Haque
March 21, 2016, 12:51 PM
Mithun was the one that called it...

But that doesn't absolve Mash totally. He can veto the call, and step up. Even if they collide, we have seen collisions before. But to let a hapless Mithun audition before him like a flying bat, and just stand there...

Well, the whole thing was comical.

NoName
March 21, 2016, 12:56 PM
But that doesn't absolve Mash totally. He can veto the call, and step up. Even if they collide, we have seen collisions before. But to let a hapless Mithun audition before him like a flying bat, and just stand there...

Well, the whole thing was comical.

Your alternative is equally comical if not more if they both collided. Heck, if that happened everyone on the forum would have called Mash an idiot for calling it too and causing unnecessary confusion. Mithun called it, and Mash had confidence he'd catch it we know what happened after and hence Mithun was sent as far away as possible. None of us had thought Mithun would have dropped a catch where the ball was sky high forever.

Kohli_Sox
March 21, 2016, 12:57 PM
First and foremost, the captain has to perform with bat or ball. Mashrafe does neither. And I don't want to make every post about him with how good a leader he is. If he is not good enough with the ball, he just needs to retire.

Rifat
March 21, 2016, 12:58 PM
Gavaskar is one of the very few Indian ex players and commentators who are genuine well wishers of our team (The other being Laxman). I will take any criticism from him seriously.

I respect both Gavaskar and Mashrafee... Amongst the former legends, Gavaskar was one to provide maximum support for bangladesh even when we were loosing each and every game.

His comments come from passion and because he honestly wants Bangladesh to do well, I do not expect too many people other than the bangladeshi's themselves to understand the importance of mashrafee...

When Gavaskar makes a statement you better listen to it

If there's one Indian who has supported/encouraged us all along, it's Gavaskar.

Exactly. Very valid concerns raised by Gavaskar. Mashrafee was totally demoralized after Taskin Sunny ban. that's all...

Vepu
March 21, 2016, 12:58 PM
So after all the setbacks he has a bad match and we make it the criterion to judge his captaincy. Already 4 threads. As I said we dont deserve Mash

WarWolf
March 21, 2016, 01:02 PM
Mashrafee is the second highest wicket taken in BD side if you consider last one year. He has united the team which was divided into grouping. He has shown enough courage to stand against all odds for his boys.

He was down today. But his team has fought well. He is emotional. That's why he is Mashrafee. Without emotions, you cannot still play having so many injuries.

A leader makes the difference. Mash is a leader.

patriot
March 21, 2016, 01:09 PM
^ Can we stop over hyping this guy please. There are a million other sportsmen who have had a billion surgeries and have come back stronger. The guys body language post this taskin saga has been below pathetic. Lost all my respect for him. A leader true colors are shown when the chips are down. Sadly this guy has been a big fail.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 01:10 PM
but if we needed him on any day, it was today. If your captain looks half dead at the toss, it creates negative energy.

We lost badly against Pakistan. We needed to do well today. Tamim missing.

WarWolf
March 21, 2016, 01:11 PM
^ Can we stop over hyping this guy please. There are a million other sportsmen who have had a billion surgeries and have come back stronger. The guys body language post this taskin saga has been below pathetic. Lost all my respect for him. A leader true colors are shown when the chips are down. Sadly this guy has been a big fail.

No we cannot. If you want to skip it please do. You have your likings- dislikings, I have mine.

WarWolf
March 21, 2016, 01:12 PM
but if we needed him on any day, it was today. If your captain looks half dead at the toss, it creates negative energy.

We lost badly against Pakistan. We needed to do well today. Tamim missing.
Is it? We are talking about T20 which is not our best format.

Forgot last 2 years? Talking about positive energies? Can't remember positive energies from BD captains much.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 01:19 PM
Is it? We are talking about T20 which is not our best format.

Forgot last 2 years? Talking about positive energies? Can't remember positive energies from BD captains much.

there was 2 occassions where we needed him to step up

1) World Cup QF against India

2) Today, team reeling with the loss of 2 key players.

Why Dhoni is so highly rated? Because he can handle the pressure of such big games. He makes it look ridiculously easy. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Big players step up when they are needed. As a player, today Shakib lit up, Riad did as well like he did in the WT20 and AC.

All we needed, was mashrafe to put everything behind and tell the boys "Look, today, we need to give our best and win, win atleast for the sake of Taskin and Sunny"

If I was Taskin, i would be hurt to see the team like this. He would know that the team is down and out because of him. It will make him better if our team fought with high spirits. Its similar to seeing your parents not being able to concentrate on their work when you were ill as a child.

roman
March 21, 2016, 01:27 PM
This is the last T20 tournament we will see Mash as a captain. Who will be our next T20 captain? Is it Shakib, Tamim or Riyad? I would love to see Riyad leading us. He did pretty well in BPL and national league. He may take us to the next level

WarWolf
March 21, 2016, 01:32 PM
there was 2 occassions where we needed him to step up

1) World Cup QF against India

2) Today, team reeling with the loss of 2 key players.

Why Dhoni is so highly rated? Because he can handle the pressure of such big games. He makes it look ridiculously easy. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Big players step up when they are needed. As a player, today Shakib lit up, Riad did as well like he did in the WT20 and AC.

All we needed, was mashrafe to put everything behind and tell the boys "Look, today, we need to give our best and win, win atleast for the sake of Taskin and Sunny"

If I was Taskin, i would be hurt to see the team like this. He would know that the team is down and out because of him. It will make him better if our team fought with high spirits. Its similar to seeing your parents not being able to concentrate on their work when you were ill as a child.

I do understand your points clearly. But we must remember that slowly we are coming off age. Think about the 2014 days, you will understand the difference. Current coaches and captain is a major reason for this change.

One step at a time. We are progressing under Mash. Nobody is perfect. Mash is not even close to perfection. But he got what it requires for our team now.

He will step down in upcoming months. Someone new will take the batton and lead us to better achievements. But that doesn't make his achievements with the team zero.

I see a very negative tone about him in BC today from some members. Mash is emotional. This is his strongest and weakest point.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 01:39 PM
true that our strongest points is where our weakness lies. Its in the case of every aspect of life

But this is where you learn to close the gap. This is why i atleast feel that teams need psychiatrist.

rezwansyed
March 21, 2016, 01:43 PM
I agree Gavaskar is a true well-wisher of Bangladesh. He also gets emotional like BD-fans. He wishes good for Bangladesh that's why he commented about Mash. But that's his opinion as a non-Bangladeshi. As a Bangladeshi we know how much valuable Mash is for us. Mashrafe needs to pull some breaks on his emotions. It clouds judgement and that's exactly what happened today. I believe emotion got the better of Mash today, that's why his decisions today were not Mash-like. If the most inspirational player of your team breaks down like that, the team is bound to fail. I hope the emotion burns out by this lost game and the Captain Mashrafe shows up for the next couple of matches. A win or two against India and/or NZ won't look too bad for an achievement for a no.10 side in a T20-tourney.

MHRAM
March 21, 2016, 01:50 PM
btw, Gavaskar probably doesn't know that Mashrafe is important for some slogging late down the order.

We need him for those lusty blows at the end. He is a decent package, just enough to stay afloat

tiger1000
March 21, 2016, 01:54 PM
So after all the setbacks he has a bad match and we make it the criterion to judge his captaincy. Already 4 threads. As I said we dont deserve Mash

I've always defended mash, but today he looked gone, he looked mentally finished for t20's, when taskin comes back mash needs to step down from t20 if he can't get it together mentally

mij
March 21, 2016, 02:00 PM
I just don't get this where is our supporting staff and coach. ICC can go to hell, but I thought there was enough time to sort thing out and put this to a side and come and play like a tiger.

Looks like lack of communication within the team supporting staff.

Kingslayer
March 21, 2016, 04:08 PM

This is not his first bad match. He played bad and deserves criticism. You talk as if mashrafe is some kind of god, beyond any criticism and whatever he does is divine. :-/

view360
March 21, 2016, 04:39 PM
If Mash is a good leader , make him BCB president but he needs to be a performer first to be an on field captain. Period.

Yameen
March 21, 2016, 04:44 PM
This is not his first bad match. He played bad and deserves criticism. You talk as if mashrafe is some kind of god, beyond any criticism and whatever he does is divine. :-/

Ofcourse he isn't exempt from any criticism yet at the same time it is unjustified to call for his head and drop him from the team altogether.

Mash is a fighter and been through worse in his 15 year international career so I trust he will bounce back both as player and leader.

Rinathq
March 21, 2016, 05:18 PM
You guys talk like we have so many substitutes waiting to replace him as a player or as a captain. Mash as a t20 captain managed to beat SriLanka, Pakistan and take us through the qualifier without a hiccup. Last time I checked under a different leader we lost to a part time side AT HOME! And literally got owned at the last world cup again AT HOME!

There was a time when taking further responsibilities with his fitness wasn't a wise call but he took it due to the lack of anyone better. He stands as the second most successful captain in the world for ODIs last year and definitely the most successful for us in T20s. Now you guys think Riyad will be a better captain so all of a sudden u cant tolerate a dip in form for this guy! Guys if only captaincy was that easy! Look at the scores in this WC. Our batting failures have cost us the games. Top seamers are getting smashed and here we have Mash trying to deal with replacing 3 top performers in one game!

Did he make mistakes? Ofcourse. When a team loses, part of the blame always goes to the skipper. What If he did this instead of that?

It's not like his captaincy and performance issue had been on going. He is having a bit ups and downs as a player and as a skipper , its very rare when u could question his move.

On top of everything, he sort of announced his retirement already. Why all the hate then?

22Yards
March 21, 2016, 05:19 PM
Mashrafee is a tremendous leader, i dont think anyone is doubting that. He does however have issues with dealing with pressure. Pressure and emotion gets him may be a bit more than others. If your captain gets succumed easily by these two things, then more often than not sides will lose those close games. T20 is all about pressure. I still want mash to captain the odi team but its time he steps away from the T20 side. Riyad would be my choice for the T20 skipper. He has shown he can deal with pressure and there isnt anyone in the team i see who does it better.

WarWolf
March 21, 2016, 05:23 PM
Ofcourse he isn't exempt from any criticism yet at the same time it is unjustified to call for his head and drop him from the team altogether.

Mash is a fighter and been through worse in his 15 year international career so I trust he will bounce back both as player and leader.

Top post.

cricket_king
March 21, 2016, 05:31 PM
I hope Mash scores 300 and takes all 10 wickets next game so the Mash-hating trolls scurry back to their god-forsaken dwellings beneath Jamuna bridge.

In Mashrafe we trust. :flag:

Purbasha T
March 21, 2016, 06:11 PM
Don't worry folks, all will be nice and pleasant when the we topple the BBBs*!

* Go on, decode it

Eshen
March 21, 2016, 06:18 PM
His T20I career is pretty much over one way or the other, as, most likely, we will go back to our schedule of playing mostly ODIs after the T20I WC. Question is - will he carry his miserable form into ODIs too or will he bounce back in that format?

view360
March 21, 2016, 06:23 PM
The word 'troll' is sadly the most abused word among the Bangla online community now, often being used interchangeably with blasphemy. Intolerance to critic has become a hallmark of Bangladeshi culture these days. We know that personality cult exists at the political level in Bangladesh. It is blasphemous to criticize an individual even if the criticism is objective. Why should cricket be immune from personality cult culture ? If we continue to do what we have been doing so far , we will continue to get the same result what we have been getting. If someone has the right to become part of the cult , other too has the right to criticize it. Nothing is above scrutiny as long as it maintains objectivity. Who cares anyway.

mehedi
March 21, 2016, 06:30 PM
I think Sunil Gavaskar said that out of frustration as he too wanted us to win, in fact even I was swearing at Mashrafee all day for not using his bowlers correctly and for some bad field placing. He could have used Mustafiz more wisely and should have given the bowl to Al-Amin after the fall of 7th wickets to try and run the lower orders like Rubel did against England at the World cup

moula
March 21, 2016, 06:36 PM
exactly, players are human. the bans definitely had some effect on him. it was probably good that he didnot bowl due to lack of mental strength today. one bad performance, and we forgot how he came to bat against pakistan in Asia cup 2016 and hit two boundaries in the crucial stage. he did many such things in the past.

epitaph
March 21, 2016, 07:00 PM
Gavaskar: "Why is Mashrafe in the team? He bowled just 1 over....his captaincy was ordinary"....I am sorry to say that I have to agree with him as much as I respect Mashrafe's contribution to our team its time to hang up the boots he does not deserve a place in the team however the replacements are terrible as well if Rubel was fit he should have been there

How often is Mashrafe's captaincy ordinary?

If you think as a bowler + late-order batsman Mash doesn't earn his keep in this format, then fair enough. But calling his captaincy ordinary based on one game is an ordinary comment.

I actually think as a batsman + bowler, he does earn his spot. He should share the ball with Riyad though. I'm not sure if we have any other decent "power-hitting" option for late order. He should approach this format more as an AR. His death bowling and T20 bowling were never top-notch.

And if the alternative for captaincy is our VC, then I hope Mash remains captain for as long as possible. It's either Mash or Riyad. Having anyone else other than them as captain would be devastating.

Jadukor
March 21, 2016, 09:38 PM
We wouldnt be in the 2nd round without the 17 th over bowled by Mash against Netherlands. Thats when we really needed him to step up and he did and bowled a brilliant over.

Before the game Mash said he needs everyones support if things go bad and it did. Without two of our regular bowlers and tamim we were up against it. So thanks to all of you for supporting mash.Good job.

As a captain is definitely isnt beyond criticism but criticising and calling for his head are not the same thing.

He looked emotional and deflated. He is no steve waugh. But it is the emotion that he has for all the younger players that we have such a united team without any controversies. The same emotion is what probably still keeps him going despite the injuries.

What is Mash's motivation and why did he look so deflated? Because he knows he is reaching the end and Taskin is the future.

Its a new day, give the guy a break.

view360
March 21, 2016, 10:05 PM
A good general does not 'publicly' acknowledge casualties during an enemy assault due to two primary reason. Firstly, enemies get clearer picture of the target acquisition and effectiveness of the offensive. Secondly , it can have demoralizing impact on own troops. It is not uncommon even to keep the death of key commanders secret during a battle. It is worth further research if the media is giving Koushik far greater sense of stature than he truly is.

I remember former Pakistani captain Imran Khan who became larger than life figure in his country but that was an unique example. Koushik needs to focus on his primary job for which he had been hired - leading his team on the field. He should resist the temptation of playing messiah which is dangerous.

PoorFan
March 21, 2016, 10:57 PM
Great part of responsibility of such mentality goes to melodramatic media people in our country. They are the most immature entity to promote emotion rather then professionalism, as if emotion is the better option/key to success. This is why we see so many young fans around pumped up, hyped up for result w/o analyzing more in detail technical, conditional, professional, realistic aspects. Thus even after watching failing many times, for many reasons in a game but remain firm on wrong assessment since once or twice having success, which actually for many reasons other than emotion.

We need new breed of media people on this regard, with new perspective of how to motivate team and players in such situation. Who knows, current lot of media people may also need psychologists to learn some like our players do. In fact I feel they can learn from our neighbor, or other countries commentators, sports writers for that matter.

icricket
March 21, 2016, 11:39 PM

Please don't use the word loosely. You could've expressed your feelings about Mashrafe with different word choices. :)

Roey Haque
March 22, 2016, 12:46 AM
The word 'troll' is sadly the most abused word among the Bangla online community now, often being used interchangeably with blasphemy. Intolerance to critic has become a hallmark of Bangladeshi culture these days. We know that personality cult exists at the political level in Bangladesh. It is blasphemous to criticize an individual even if the criticism is objective. Why should cricket be immune from personality cult culture ? If we continue to do what we have been doing so far , we will continue to get the same result what we have been getting. If someone has the right to become part of the cult , other too has the right to criticize it. Nothing is above scrutiny as long as it maintains objectivity. Who cares anyway.

A good general does not 'publicly' acknowledge casualties during an enemy assault due to two primary reason. Firstly, enemies get clearer picture of the target acquisition and effectiveness of the offensive. Secondly , it can have demoralizing impact on own troops. It is not uncommon even to keep the death of key commanders secret during a battle. It is worth further research if the media is giving Koushik far greater sense of stature than he truly is.

I remember former Pakistani captain Imran Khan who became larger than life figure in his country but that was an unique example. Koushik needs to focus on his primary job for which he had been hired - leading his team on the field. He should resist the temptation of playing messiah which is dangerous.

Great posts. Article worthy.:up:

Rana Melb
March 22, 2016, 01:04 AM
Why didn't he come as a pinch hitter and hit few 6s.

shakibrulz
March 22, 2016, 01:16 AM
I don't question his spot as such, but it is quite baffling how he let Sajib to bowl out and held back himself after that first over. One or two tight overs from him in the middle would have been nice.

And it was his catch, the one that Mithun dropped (which he should have held on to, either way).

Vepu
March 22, 2016, 01:28 AM

He is certainly not a god and I already criticised his body language on match thread. But 4 threads at a time calling him cowards, toothless tiger, downplaying his comebacks and what not. Only because he couldnt put himself together after a huge setback.
Now sit back and think yourself. This is your last major world event as a captain. It is a format your team sucks. Now you along with coach work your *** off for months and after lots of experiments you put up a decent team and become Asian runners up. So now you going to the WC with lots of dreams suddenly 2 of your major weapons get banned in the middle of the tourney. How would you feel now? This is not the end of BD cricker but this is the end for cricketer Mash, the captain Mash. This was his last WC.
Now yes we know that he should have pulled himself and the team up. But he failed, because he is a human. It is you who wants him to be a god with your godly expectations. Last T20 wc we lost to freaking Hong Kong and got blown away in all super 10 matches at our own turf.

Vepu
March 22, 2016, 01:29 AM
I don't question his spot as such, but it is quite baffling how he let Sajib to bowl out and held back himself after that first over. One or two tight overs from him in the middle would have been nice.

And it was his catch, the one that Mithun dropped (which he should have held on to, either way).

Hey sis Welcome back. How is life treating you? Visit us more often please

shakibrulz
March 22, 2016, 01:39 AM
Hey sis Welcome back. How is life treating you? Visit us more often please
Not bad! Can't squeeze in much time for cricket these days, sadly. But shall try for sure, I do miss posting here.

Shaan
March 22, 2016, 01:55 AM
yes, I only blame Mash for using Sojib while he was getting tonked by aussies and still mash persist with sojib. One thing people needs to understand that the entire team wah going trough a rough time and then sameday morning loosing a vital member of a team like Tamim is a huge bolt strike on head. I don't know how you guys think but it surely reflects quite much shake on a team. It is not only Mash but every member of team get suffer from such kind of sudden strike. After all we are human.

here is read what I meant:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/opinion/article/806632/%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%8B%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8B-%E0%A6%96%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A6-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%87

লেখোয়াড়ের ব্যাট

কোনো খেদ নেই

আনিসুল হক | আপডেট: ১০:৫৫, মার্চ ২২, ২০১৬

০ Like ১৪ (http://www.prothom-alo.com/opinion/article/806632/%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%8B%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%8B-%E0%A6%96%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A6-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%87#comments)

<article itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Article" class="jw_detail_content_holder content mb10 oh"> আমি কিন্তু বিশ্বাস করি ভাগ্যে, নিয়তিতে, অদৃষ্টে। আমরা যে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার কাছে হেরে গেলাম, এটা ছিল নিয়তি-নির্ধারিত। অন্তত দুটো জিনিস আমাদের হাতে ছিল না, এক টস, আরেকটা তামিম ইকবালের অসুস্থতা। কাল যদি তামিম থাকতেন! তাহলে আশা করা যায়, তামিম আর মিথুন ওপেন করতেন, সৌম্যকে কিছুটা বিশ্রাম দেওয়া যেত। আর কাল যদি টসে জিতে আমরা বল নিতাম, তাহলে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার রান আমরা তাড়া করতে পারতাম। অস্ট্রেলিয়াও বেশি রান করতে পারত না।
এই রকম অনেকগুলো ‘ইস, যদি’ আমাদের মনে খেলা করেছে গতকাল ২১ মার্চ ২০১৬ বেঙ্গালুরুতে বাংলাদেশ-অস্ট্রেলিয়া খেলার আগে-পরে। আমাদের মাশরাফির মনটা আগে থেকেই নরম হয়ে ছিল, তাসকিন-সানিকে হারিয়ে, বিশেষ করে যে বল তাসকিন করেননি, সেই বলের কারণে রিপোর্টেড হয়ে পরীক্ষার মুখোমুখি হওয়াটা ঘোরতর অন্যায়—এটা যখন স্পষ্ট বোঝা যাচ্ছে। তারও পর খেলতে নামার আগে যদি আপনি হঠাৎ শোনেন আপনাদের সবচেয়ে ভালো ব্যাটসম্যান যিনি এই টুর্নামেন্টেই সেঞ্চুরি করেছেন, প্রতিটা ম্যাচে বেধড়ক পেটাচ্ছেন, সেই তামিম ইকবালই খেলতে পারবেন না। শুভাগত হোম, আর সাকলাইন সজীব ছিলেন তাঁদের গ্রামের বাড়িতে। ‘উঠ ছেড়ি তোর বিয়া লেগেছে’ ডাক পেয়ে তাঁরা প্রথমে এলেন ঢাকার বিমানবন্দরে, ঘণ্টার পর ঘণ্টা ভ্রমণ করে, তারপর সারারাত বিমানে। সকালে সোজা মাঠে, অনুশীলনে। পরের দিন খেলা। তাসকিন-সানি নেই, তামিম নেই। টসে জয় নেই। মাশরাফির মধ্যে মারকুটে ভাবটাই ছিল না। সৌম্য নিজের ফরম পাওয়ার উদ্বেগে কাহিল। ৬ বলে ১ রান। ইস, যদি তামিম খেলতেন!
ইস, যদি মুস্তাফিজের প্রথম ক্যাচটা ধরা যেত। ইস, সাকিবের ক্যাচটা। যদি ১৬তম ওভারে সাকলাইন সজীবকে না ডেকে মুস্তাফিজকে বল করতে ডাকতেন মাশরাফি, তাহলেও খেলার ধরন পাল্টে যেতে পারত! এই রকম ‘ইস, যদি’ দিয়ে ভরা ২১ মার্চের বাংলাদেশ-অস্ট্রেলিয়া ম্যাচটা। তবে যারা হারে, তারাই ‘যদি, তবে’ নিয়ে আফসোস করে। বিজয়ীরা উদযাপন করে, বলে ‘ভাগ্যিস!’
এখন আমরা তামিম ইকবালের সুস্থতা কামনা করি। আগামীকালই ভারতের বিরুদ্ধে খেলা। এর মধ্যে তামিমকে সেরে উঠতে হবে, এর মধ্যে পানিশূন্যতা দূর করে পুরোপুরি ফিট হয়ে উঠতে হবে তাঁকে। মুস্তাফিজ আছেন। গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু ভাই খুব চাইছেন নাসিরকে খেলানো হোক, সৌম্যকেও বিশ্রাম দেওয়া হোক। কে জানে তা হবে কি না।
কিন্তু সবকিছু ঠিক থাকলে ভারতের বিরুদ্ধের ম্যাচটা খুবই জমজমাট হবে আশা করা যাচ্ছে। তাসকিন থাকলে ভারতের বিরুদ্ধে পেসারদের আক্রমণটা আরও জমজমাট হতো, কিন্তু মুস্তাফিজ, আল-আমিন, মাশরাফি দিয়ে সাজানো আমাদের পেসারবাহিনী কিন্তু মোটেও খারাপ কিছু নয়। সাকিব আছেন, আরেকজন স্পিনার হলেই তো হয়ে যায়। আগামীকাল আমরা বুক বেঁধেই খেলা দেখতে বসব।
উৎপল শুভ্র দেখি তাঁর লেখায় রফিক আজাদের কবিতা থেকে চয়ন করেছেন—‘বিশ বছর আগে ও পরে’! আমিও রফিক আজাদের স্মৃতিকথার বইটার নাম নিই— ‘কোনো খেদ নেই!’ অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সঙ্গে বাংলাদেশ হেরেছে, তা নিয়ে আমাদের কোনো খেদ নেই।
শুধু চাই, বাংলাদেশ যেন ভারতের বিরুদ্ধে মাথা উঁচু করে নামে, মাথা উঁচু করে ব্যাট করে। খেলায় জয়-পরাজয় আছে, এটা কোনো ব্যাপারই না। ভয়হীন ক্রিকেটের যে প্রতিশ্রুতি মাশরাফি আমাদের দিয়েছেন, সেটা করলেই চলবে। চিত্ত যেথা ভয়শূন্য উচ্চ যেথা শির... বেঙ্গালুরুতে বাংলাদেশের ছেলেদের কাছে আমরা তা দেখতে চাই।

</article>

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 02:28 AM

Look who is there! What a surprize!

How have you been sister?
We missed your presence in BC. 😃

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 02:50 AM
From the facebook of Nafisa Kamal...

Our standing instruction to a partly injured Mashrafe Bin Mortaza for BPl 3 was -
Apnar aktao ball korte hobe na, vuleo paa e tape lagaben na, bat dhorben na, shudhu maathe e giye daraben! Apne team ke niye maathe namlei amra shahosh pabo. Ar maathe shahosh pelei amra champion. And he got us the cup. FACT.
No Gavaskar no critic no expert who hasn't experienced the magic of Mashrafe will understand what spot he is holding in the team!

- From personal experience, seen it, felt it, lived it and became champions all thanks to my captain.

Nadim
March 22, 2016, 03:00 AM

Our standing instruction to a partly injured Mashrafe Bin Mortaza for BPl 3 was -
Apnar aktao ball korte hobe na, vuleo paa e tape lagaben na, bat dhorben na, shudhu maathe e giye daraben! Apne team ke niye maathe namlei amra shahosh pabo. Ar maathe shahosh pelei amra champion. And he got us the cup. FACT.
No Gavaskar no critic no expert who hasn't experienced the magic of Mashrafe will understand what spot he is holding in the team!

- From personal experience, seen it, felt it, lived it and became champions all thanks to my captain.

Didn't she said she would have preferred Shakib or someone else instead of Mash before BPL? How things changed so quickly. She was moaning about it too

:lol:

Rana Melb
March 22, 2016, 03:09 AM
মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজার অধিনায়কত্বের গলদের কারণেই অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে ম্যাচটা জিততে পারেনি বাংলাদেশ—বিবিসি বাংলার ওয়েবসাইটে টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশ-অস্ট্রেলিয়া ম্যাচ নিয়ে এমন মন্তব্যই করেছেন ক্রিকেট বিশ্লেষক বোরিয়া মজুমদার। তিনি মনে করেন ‘জয়ের ম্যাচই হাতছাড়া করেছে বাংলাদেশ।’

তিনি অধিনায়ক মাশরাফির কিছু সিদ্ধান্তের সমালোচনা করেছেন। অস্ট্রেলিয়ার ৫ উইকেট পড়ে যাওয়ার পর সাকলাইন সজীবকে দিয়ে বল করানোর বিষয়টিতেই আপত্তি বোরিয়া মজুমদারের, অস্ট্রেলিয়ার যখন ৫ উইকেট পড়ে গেছে তখন সাকিব, আল আমিন হোসেন আর মুস্তাফিজ—‘তিনজন রই একটি করে ওভার বাকি থাকার পরেও কেন মাশরাফি সাকলাইন সজীবকে বল দিলেন? প্রতিপক্ষের ওপর কেন তিনি সাকিব, আল আমিন, মুস্তাফিজকে দিয়ে চাপ তৈরি করলেন না। সাকলাইনের ওই ওভারেই ১৩-১৪ রান হয়ে গেল। খেলাটা নাগালের বাইরে চলে গেল।’

শচীন টেন্ডুলকারের আত্মজীবনীর সহ-লেখক কলকাতাভিত্তিক এই বাঙা​লি ক্রিকেট লেখিয়ে বলছেন, ‘অধিনায়কত্বের কৌশলগত ভুলই বাংলাদেশের হারের প্রধান কারণ।’

মাশরাফির সমালোচনা করলেও মাহমুদউল্লাহর ব্যাটিংয়ের প্রশংসা করছেন। একই সঙ্গে প্রশ্ন তুলেছেন, ‘আমি বুঝতে পারছি না মাহমুদউল্লাহকে কেন বাংলাদেশ এক নিচে ব্যাট করতে পাঠাচ্ছে। এশিয়া কাপে তাঁর ১৩ বলে ৩৩ রানের ইনিংস ছিল। গত বিশ্বকাপে সে টানা দুটি সেঞ্চুরি করেছে। কিন্তু মাহমুদউল্লাহ কেন ৬-৭-এ ব্যাট করতে নামছে? আমি জানি না বাংলাদেশ এই কৌশলগত ভুলটা কেন বারবার করছে?’

দলীয় সংগ্রহটা কমপক্ষে ২০ রান কম হয়েছে বলে মনে করেন এই বোরিয়া, ‘রানটা ১৭০ হলে খেলার ফল অন্যরকম হলেও হতে পারত।’ বোরিয়া মজুমদারের মতে, ‘তাসকিন আহমেদের মতো ফাস্ট বোলারের অভাবটা বাংলাদেশ অনুভব করেছে। যদি মুস্তাফিজের সঙ্গে তাসকিন থাকত তাহলে চিত্রটা অন্যরকম হলেও হতে পারত।’

অধিনায়ক মাশরাফির কড়া সমালোচনাই করে বোরিয়া বলেছেন, ‘এই দলে মাশরাফি কী হিসেবে খেলছেন? তাঁর ১২০ কিলোমিটারের মিডিয়াম পেসের কার্যত কোনো মূল্য নেই! ব্যাটসম্যান হিসেবে তিনি আগের সেই ধার হারিয়েছেন, ৭ বা ৮ বা ৯-এ ব্যাট করছেন কি শুধু অধিনায়কত্বের জন্য? বাংলাদেশ দলে মাশরাফি নিজের অবস্থানটাকে কীভাবে মূল্যায়ন করছেন, নির্বাচকেরাই বা কীভাবে করছেন, এই প্রশ্ন আমি রাখতে চাই।’
Source P ALO

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 03:20 AM
Didn't she said she would have preferred Shakib or someone else instead of Mash before BPL? How things changed so quickly. She was moaning about it too

:lol:
Well....Mash is the captain of the champion team in BPL3. It can be enough to change the mind of the owners.

PoorFan
March 22, 2016, 03:29 AM
Look at the match analysis difference between BD sports reporter and west Bangle one, the neighbors are right on the money while Utpol, Anisul and gong more focused on writing an essay. Since when Anisul become a cricket expert? Its time these major news paper should hire cricket expert, not an amature come expert down the years. This is one of the reason why even BD players making same mistake, or taking wrong strategy on the field over and over again, but very little progress.

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 03:35 AM
Look at the match analysis difference between BD sports reporter and west Bangle one, the neighbors are right on the money while Utpol, Anisul and gong more focused on writing an essay. This is one of the reason why even BD players making same mistake, or taking wrong strategy on the field over and over again, but very little progress.
Utpol and Anisul type of journalists always love to feed emotions rather than focusing on facts. This results in wrong mindset of the readers specially who are young.

Jadukor
March 22, 2016, 03:37 AM
Indian press after mash it seems

MohammedShamim
March 22, 2016, 03:38 AM
Mash openly backed Taskin and said his action is aright? What do you think? Indian press won't go after him?

mufi_02
March 22, 2016, 08:08 AM
oh that anisul hoque again..why does PA let him write cricket articles?

‘উঠ ছেড়ি তোর বিয়া লেগেছে’ ডাক পেয়ে তাঁরা প্রথমে এলেন ঢাকার বিমানবন্দরে, ঘণ্টার পর ঘণ্টা ভ্রমণ করে, তারপর সারারাত বিমানে।

what kind of language is this? are bap Bangladesh thika India gese, Eng/Aus nah. shukriya kor bus e na pathaiya plane e gese. ei koi ghonta journey koira jet lag hoye gese ar excuse shuru hoye gese.

আমাদের মাশরাফির মনটা আগে থেকেই নরম হয়ে ছিল

oh tai nah? what a great observation.

MHRAM
March 22, 2016, 08:36 AM
I absolutely disgust the articles written by these PA writers. Some of them make a drama out of nothing.

Hardly any bangla articles which has an acceptable tone. Over exaggeration and unadulterated nonsense.

Isam may be a critic but his articles are a good read often

Rifat
March 22, 2016, 08:51 AM
I absolutely disgust the articles written by these PA writers. Some of them make a drama out of nothing.

Hardly any bangla articles which has an acceptable tone. Over exaggeration and unadulterated nonsense.

Isam may be a critic but his articles are a good read often

Mohammad Isam is probably the best one of the lot but that's just my opinion :)

Shubho
March 22, 2016, 08:59 AM
We do not have journalists who can objectively report on events. We only have essayists, columnists and poets, who try to evoke emotions using flowery language.

Can't take a single sentence in Bangladeshi newspapers literally.

One would be forgiven for thinking that "shangbadik" and "reporter" are two completely different things.

rimon88
March 22, 2016, 10:01 AM
Every team builds with their best batsman, best bowlers, best wicket keeper, best all rounders and best captain they can produce. Every player has an unique and certain role to play for the success of the whole team. It is a norm that any player can have an off day or a patch of off performances. That does not make them any lesser player than what they are already.

The best captain that Bangladesh can ever produce until now is Mashrafe. That is his role in the team. That is why he is in the team as our CAPTAIN and leader; as simple as that. CAPISH!

Kohli_Sox
March 22, 2016, 10:16 AM

BPL standard cricket and international cricket is not the same. There is a huge gap. People need to stop being emotional.

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 10:35 AM
BPL standard cricket and international cricket is not the same. There is a huge gap. People need to stop being emotional.
Our boys are products of BPL. Stop being delusional and focus on real facts.

Recently we started to come off age in cricket. It started with ODI. In T20, we had been really poor. We started doing well in T20s only for last few weeks.

It takes some time to build the team. Mash has been doing it with the help of the current coaching team, selectors and the board. We fans are giving required support. It will take some time to reach a certain height in the T20s. People serious need to stop pretending that we were a world beater team in T20Is and have fallen from the grace.

Fazal
March 22, 2016, 10:50 AM
Too many side talk, hard to follow the thread.

So what is the final verdict? Was Gavasker right or not asking the million Dollar question?

Shubho
March 22, 2016, 11:22 AM

So what is the final verdict? Was Gavasker right or not asking the million Dollar question?

Yes. Legitimate criticism.

Jadukor
March 22, 2016, 11:48 AM
Our boys are products of BPL. Stop being delusional and focus on real facts.

Recently we started to come off age in cricket. It started with ODI. In T20, we had been really poor. We started doing well in T20s only for last few weeks.

It takes some time to build the team. Mash has been doing it with the help of the current coaching team, selectors and the board. We fans are giving required support. It will take some time to reach a certain height in the T20s. People serious need to stop pretending that we were a world beater team in T20Is and have fallen from the grace.

These guys werent there during the hard times. Habibur Bashar, Ash ar Mushy era te thakle khuna khuni hoiya jaito:lol: In a way i envy them because now they get to cherry pick who to throw out of the team. A lot of options now especially in the pace department. Not too long ago we had shafiul abul shahadat and an unimproved rubel to choose from

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 12:12 PM
These guys werent there during the hard times. Habibuk Bashar, Ash ar Mushy era te thakle khuna khuni hoiya jaito:lol: In a way i envy them because now they get to cherry pick who to throw out of the team. A lot of options now especially in the pace department. Not too long ago we had shafiul abul shahadat and an unimproved rubel to choose from
We have short term memories in general. Mash won us the Asia cup match against Pakistan. He won us the qualifier match against Netherlands.

We forgot these.

Fazal
March 22, 2016, 12:49 PM
We have short term memories in general. Mash won us the Asia cup match against Pakistan. He won us the qualifier match against Netherlands.

We forgot these.

Was he MoM in those games? Too lazy to look for the record. But to my recollection I don't think so.

If not, then may be its more correct to say he contributed winning those games.

Fazal
March 22, 2016, 12:54 PM
Under further review

1. Games against Netherlands: Tamim was the MoM for his 83 in 58 ball. Al-Amin and Sakib both got 2 wickets each while mashrafee got 1 wicket and taskin none. Mashrafee had excellent Econ rate of 3.5 though.

2. game against Pakistan in Asa cup. SS was the MoM 48 in 48 Ball. Al-Amin got 3 wickets,Sunny got 2 wickets, while taskin and mashrafee got one wicket each. Taskin had the best econ rate of 3.5. mashrafee was the 4th best in econ rate.

WarWolf
March 22, 2016, 12:55 PM
Was he MoM in those games? Too lazy to look for the record. But to my recollection I don't think so.

If not, then may be its more correct to say he contributed winning those games.

I think I could express the meaning. Well you can rephrase it to make it politically more correct. I have no interest or issue with that.

Our topic was if he can be in the team as a player. To me, his stats says he can be in the team as a player alone.

Fazal
March 22, 2016, 01:08 PM
I think I could express the meaning. Well you can rephrase it to make it politically more correct. I have no interest or issue with that.

Our topic was if he can be in the team as a player. To me, his stats says he can be in the team as a player alone.

Yes you have all the right to say what you want.

However when you claim people have "short term memory", It's not unfair if I point it out it that it goes both ways.... while some may not see any contribution, some may over state mashrafee' s contribution.

Now the stat ( of those two games) are on the table to refresh our memory... we can all make a better judgment ... that's all.

btw these two games mashrafee contributed, but then we played 8-10 T20 games around that time and there are games where Mashrafee's contribution was minimum ( either didn't performed or chose not to bowl full quota or bat early). may be that's why some people are validly raising the question.

rezwansyed
March 22, 2016, 01:48 PM
In a rather objective way I'll say that we are in the 2nd round of this T20 worldcup because of the contribution of "Bowler" Mashrafe. Without that 17th over bowled by Mash, we were out of the tournament. It was similar to the Akram Khan innings 20 years back against the same opponent in the ICC trophy. Without that Akram innings Bangladesh cricket should not have been here, where it is right now. And without that Mash over, you didn't even have a match to start with where you can ask, "why is Mashrafe in the team?" I'm sure Gavaskar didn't follow the qualifying rounds of the tamasha worldcup, because if he did, he wouldn't have made such a stupid comment. I am sure Gavaskar is not a stupid and he did not follow the qualifying rounds, unlike some retards and nonsensical part-timer happy-time tiger's fans who are asking questions about Mash's place in the team.

Now as far as criticism goes, I'm all-in for the critics of captaincy mistakes Mash did in the last match. Every captain has got a bad day at office every now and then, and I accept them as mistakes made on a bad day. But you don't judge captaincy with one match or two match, you don't ask for the captain's head for tactical mistakes. I believe people have "short term memory", as they forget the team now as it is, is a result of Mash's captaincy. You can't show Mashrafe's contribution to the team with stats, as Mash adds more value to the team as the captain than the player. Game against Netherlands was won by the "player" Mashrafe and the game against Pakistan in Asia cup was won by the "Captain" Mashrafe. So yeah...some people here do have "short term memory" and their opinions, comments are not worthy of taken seriously.

Rifat
March 22, 2016, 02:02 PM
In a rather objective way I'll say that we are in the 2nd round of this T20 worldcup because of the contribution of "Bowler" Mashrafe. Without that 17th over bowled by Mash, we were out of the tournament. It was similar to the Akram Khan innings 20 years back against the same opponent in the ICC trophy. Without that Akram innings Bangladesh cricket should not have been here, where it is right now. And without that Mash over, you didn't even have a match to start with where you can ask, "why is Mashrafe in the team?" I'm sure Gavaskar didn't follow the qualifying rounds of the tamasha worldcup, because if he did, he wouldn't have made such a stupid comment. I am sure Gavaskar is not a stupid and he did not follow the qualifying rounds, unlike some retards and nonsensical part-timer happy-time tiger's fans who are asking questions about Mash's place in the team.

Now as far as criticism goes, I'm all-in for the critics of captaincy mistakes Mash did in the last match. Every captain has got a bad day at office every now and then, and I accept them as mistakes made on a bad day. But you don't judge captaincy with one match or two match, you don't ask for the captain's head for tactical mistakes. I believe people have "short term memory", as they forget the team now as it is, is a result of Mash's captaincy. You can't show Mashrafe's contribution to the team with stats, as Mash adds more value to the team as the captain than the player. Game against Netherlands was won by the "player" Mashrafe and the game against Pakistan in Asia cup was won by the "Captain" Mashrafe. So yeah...some people here do have "short term memory" and their opinions, comments are not worthy of taken seriously.

Top Post!

Asia Cup Pakistan Match: it was Mash the Batsmen + Riyad who struck crucial fours at the right time when even a modest total was looking like a mountain to climb. so Yes, Mash does have value in the team, there are days when Shakib contributes very little to the win, does that mean we ask the question: "What is Shakib doing in the team"? of course not....there are certain days when certain players contribute and others don't and vice versa.

Fazal
March 22, 2016, 02:12 PM
To me we are over hyping our idol here.

How good is Mashrafee's captaincy?

If Rahim's captaincy is our standard to compare, then oh yah.... Mashfaree 1000% better. he is indeed the first attacking captain we ever had ( except for Sakib may be). Undoubtedly he is the best captain we ever had.

But if you compare with the international level among test playing teams, some of his flaws will be exposed. He is at best barely above average. Not a great captain by any means.

Is he a good leader? Of course he is, he is a good leader even when you compare with the international level among test playing teams.

Can we live without Mashrafee? It depends....

If the alternative is going back to Rahim, then he will never be replaceable as long as Rahim is the alternative.

Can we compete in the highest level with Mashrafee as T20 captain, no in terms of mid- term or long term. He is handicapping us... we are paying a big price for his leadership. BCB need to find alternative solution after WC, sooner than later. We need to see the bigger picture... not how to keep status quo, but what it will take to take us in the next level in future. Now if he could transform himself like what Imran Kahn did later in his career, he could have extended his career with his batting...but so far it didn't happed...and there is no indication it will happen as looks like he is reluctant to bat early in the batting order to give some quick runs.

And in my humble opinion, Gavasker may asked very unpopular and loaded question, but he has a point.

view360
March 22, 2016, 02:48 PM
Does any ICC rule prevent a non cricketer to become the team captain ? He will neither bowl nor bat in the match. He will be there to inspire the team. If ICC does allow it , we can start sending political appointees to become team captain.

simon
March 22, 2016, 05:35 PM
For those who were complaining about BD journalists/reporters not asking questions .
এবার একটা অপ্রীতিকর প্রশ্ন করি। আপনি মাত্র এক ওভার করায় অনেকে দলে আপনার জায়গা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তুলে ফেলেছে। যতটা না বাংলাদেশের সংবাদমাধ্যম, তার চেয়ে বেশি বাইরের লোকজন। এমন প্রশ্ন শুনতে তো আপনি অভ্যস্ত নন, তাই না?
মাশরাফি: অবশ্যই না। দেখেন, গত বছরও ওয়ানডেতে দলের পক্ষে আমার দ্বিতীয় সর্বোচ্চ উইকেট ছিল। আমি সব সময়ই বলে এসেছি, খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে দলে থাকাটাই আমার কাছে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। আমি কত সংগ্রাম করে খেলি, এসব বলে কারও সহানুভূতি পেতে চাই না। কেউ প্রশ্ন তুললে আমি প্রতিক্রিয়াও দেখাই না। আর কে প্রশ্ন তুলেছে বললেন?
* শচীন টেন্ডুলকারের বইয়ের অনুলেখক এক ভারতীয় ক্রিকেট লেখক...
মাশরাফি: ওহ্, ওতে আমার কিছু আসে যায় না। বাইরের কেউ যা ইচ্ছা বলতে পারে। আমি বাংলাদেশের জন্য খেলি। বাংলাদেশের মানুষ কী বলল, শুধু সেটাই আমার কাছে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ।
* গত বছর ৫০ ওভারের বিশ্বকাপে আপনি হিরো, আর এবার আপনাকে নিয়ে প্রশ্ন। জীবনের মতো ক্রিকেটও কি তাহলে সব রূপই দেখায়?
মাশরাফি: ক্রিকেটটাও জীবনের মতোই কঠিন। মানসিকভাবে আপনি যত শক্তই হোন, প্রতিক্রিয়া তো হয়ই। তবে এমন যে হতে পারে, আমি তা আগে থেকেই জানি। যখন জিতে চলেছি, তখন মানুষ মাথায় তুলে নিয়েছে। তখনো আমি জানতাম, এটা দুই ম্যাচের ব্যাপার। দুইটা ম্যাচ খারাপ করলেই কী হতে পারে, সব সময়ই আমার তা জানা ছিল।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/807361/%E2%80%98%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%AE-%E0%A6%8F%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9A%E0%A 7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AA%E0%A 6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E2%80%99
by UtSh

Shubho
March 22, 2016, 05:43 PM
^In general, a good interview. Utpol Shubhro, for once, asked some tough and relevant questions. But the one he didn't ask was why the captain's body language in particular (and the team's in general) wasn't more positive, more aggressive.

epitaph
March 22, 2016, 09:13 PM

I don't think he asked any million dollar questions. He just criticized Mash's captaincy vs Aus. Nothing wrong with that, and what he said was accurate. He's levelheaded as usual. He didn't question Mashrafe's career and his general usefulness in the team like some posters are doing here. I also don't understand why a thread opens up everytime someone says something about our cricket or one of our players...or why 3 or 4 threads like this about Mashrafe popped up after the Aus game. At least leave all the knee-jerking in one thread.

epitaph
March 22, 2016, 09:20 PM
About the game, Mash's captaincy was poor before, during, and after the game. When you're faced with adversity, use it to motivate yourself and others, not turn into a kitten. This also sends the wrong message to the replacements. The right message would've been: "Taskin and Arafat are important players, and we'll miss them, but we also have other good players who are ready to step up, and we have faith in them."

Poor body language and bowling selection during the game.

But yes, this is just one poor game. As terrible as everything was concerning this game, this doesn't erase all the good he has done and will continue to do for the team.

Rana Melb
March 22, 2016, 10:04 PM
I resepect him as a captain. He is one of the reasons where we are now. However, i cannot accepet Mash cried in front entire media which was a foolish act.:facepalm: Captain has to be strong no matter what.

Tigers_eye
March 23, 2016, 12:05 AM
Sir Gavaskar,
I have watched you, listened to the commentary with an FM radio while you batted almost religiously. Never thought anyone would cross 10k runs. But you did it. Never thought anyone would cross 34 centuries (test). I know you are one of the best well wishers of Bangladesh. Also know that you talk straight. So, you have my utmost respect. I often time to time quote you to put forth my points.

This is where you are wrong. I guess, you are not well aware of our 2014 to 2015 transformation. May be Rajesh can help you there. Give him call if possible. Mashrafe is the father-mother-friend of this team. This is his team. The boys will fall apart without him being around. After his retirement (which could after the World Cup) if he is with the team as a drink barrier that itself would inject confidence to others.

Mashrafe is our Mike Brearley. I think you know him. England's most successful captain who have captained more than 3 series. 79/80 You lost both series (home and away) against his team.

Jadukor
March 23, 2016, 12:21 AM
For those who were complaining about BD journalists/reporters not asking questions .

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/807361/%E2%80%98%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%AE-%E0%A6%8F%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9A%E0%A 7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AA%E0%A 6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E2%80%99
by UtSh

Mash understands the fickle fans well. :up:

NoName
March 23, 2016, 12:27 AM
Gavaskar was probably just frustrated seeing us losing a match we probably could have won if Mash's head was in the game. He has no love for teams like England and Australia

Jadukor
March 23, 2016, 12:32 AM
Gavaskar was probably just frustrated seeing us losing a match we probably could have won if Mash's head was in the game. He has no love for teams like England and Australia

If he was frustrated he could have bashed him for Mash the captain. But what he did was question his place in the team. This sort of tactics is very old. He knows very well mash is a good captain and people said so in asia cup. Taskin is already out and if india can create self doubt in the captain then the path for India is that much more easier.

shabbir
March 23, 2016, 12:42 AM
Sir Gavaskar,
I have watched you, listened to the commentary with an FM radio while you batted almost religiously. Never thought anyone would cross 10k runs. But you did it. Never thought anyone would cross 34 centuries (test). I know you are one of the best well wishers of Bangladesh. Also know that you talk straight. So, you have my utmost respect. I often time to time quote you to put forth my points.

This is where you are wrong. I guess, you are not well aware of our 2014 to 2015 transformation. May be Rajesh can help you there. Give him call if possible. Mashrafe is the father-mother-friend of this team. This is his team. The boys will fall apart without him being around. After his retirement (which could after the World Cup) if he is with the team as a drink barrier that itself would inject confidence to others.

Mashrafe is our Mike Brearley. I think you know him. England's most successful captain who have captained more than 3 series. 79/80 You lost both series (home and away) against his team.
Mizan Bhai, FM radio or SW radio?

WarWolf
March 23, 2016, 01:00 AM
If he was frustrated he could have bashed him for Mash the captain. But what he did was question his place in the team. This sort of tactics is very old. He knows very well mash is a good captain and people said so in asia cup. Taskin is already out and if india can create self doubt in the captain then the path for India is that much more easier.
Probably true. Excellent analysis.