PDA

View Full Version : A Song of a Dwarf and 2 Dragons

aklemalp
May 3, 2016, 08:56 PM
Tyrion:"I'm friends with your mother"
"I'm here to help. Don't eat the help."

Rhaegal and Viserion must have giggled at that statement.

Comedy gold.:floor:

aklemalp
May 5, 2016, 01:15 PM
"Dragons do not do well in captivity." - said the Halfman

aklemalp
May 11, 2016, 11:18 PM
"My watch has ended."

Night_wolf
May 12, 2016, 02:41 AM
from you know nothing jon snow to now on its going to be "You saw nothing Jon Snow!"

simon
May 15, 2016, 07:47 AM
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/13076851_10154129547693288_1787033111688842068_n.j pg?oh=e0877747011246504d00605f4e9cf346&oe=579C9EAF

:floor:
sorry Akkel bro, u won't understand

aklemalp
May 15, 2016, 01:32 PM
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/13076851_10154129547693288_1787033111688842068_n.j pg?oh=e0877747011246504d00605f4e9cf346&oe=579C9EAF

True, I don't speak in that tongue. ....

I'll need help from Daenerys' scribe, Missandei (who speak 17 languages) to help me with that.

simon
May 15, 2016, 06:39 PM
True, I don't speak in that tongue. ....

I'll need help from Daenerys' scribe, Missandei (who speak 17 languages) to help me with that.

u could ask Aus-teen

aklemalp
May 15, 2016, 06:59 PM
u could ask Aus-teen

Austin, my very good dost...would you kindly please be my translator?

aklemalp
May 16, 2016, 11:26 PM
"As a clever man once told me, we make peace with your enemies, not our friends."

I think that 'clever' man was Littlefinger.

He keeps on delivering the lines...

He's up there with Littlefinger and Varys as the master of sarcasm, wittism, and opportunism.

Nafi
May 19, 2016, 01:12 PM
The TV show plot has been quite rubbish since season 4, when they started making up new plots not in the book.

The book cant come out sooner,

if I hear another "have you have no c**k" line from Tyrion :hairpull:

aklemalp
May 25, 2016, 09:50 AM
"Hold the dooooorrrrrr."

aklemalp
May 28, 2016, 06:24 AM
The dwarf is busy with negotiations, meanwhile, Rhaegal and Viserion are eagerly awaiting their next meal down in the pyramids....

aklemalp
May 31, 2016, 09:54 AM
It was nice seeing Drogon again.

aklemalp
May 31, 2016, 10:59 AM
Man, I'm getting to like King Tommen now. He's learning so much from the High Sparrow (sockcrates). Wisdom, peace, and harmony in the Seven Kingdoms.

I'm afraid that he might die soo at the expense of his father/mother.

I would like to see Tommen ruling with his uncle as Hand.

aklemalp
June 6, 2016, 11:05 PM
*Wun-Wun gets up and face Jon*...utters "Snow"....

And just like that a giant will head to Winterfell and it's not Hodor.

No dragon sightings.

aklemalp
June 7, 2016, 09:44 PM
If Lady Lyanna Mormont had 3 dragons....she would have conquer Westeros, the free cities, and the undiscovered world. She's only 10 and as fierce as the bear on their sigil. The Bear and the Maiden Fair. ..

aklemalp
June 18, 2016, 12:07 PM
Drogon spotted in Meeren after a brief exile.

RIP Blackfish

anon4567
June 19, 2016, 08:30 AM
Bastardbowl tomorrow!! the most anticipated episode of the season.

I have a strong feeling that either one of the fan favourites- Tormund or Davos will die in this battle. It could possibly even be both of them.... Seeing the trailer, Ramsay has way more men than Jon and Sansa.

My predictions - Jon will tell Ramsay about the white walkers, and how thousands of men dying would be a huge problem (corpses to burn), and challenge him to a 1 v 1 fight instead. Ramsay being the psychopath he is, will send Rickon out and tell him to run to Jon. So I think Jon will think Ramsay had accepted his terms, but when he is half way there, Ramsay shoots him dead with an arrow.

That would most certainly be a big "Oh S###" moment. And then they fight, Jon makes some tactical move and is proven successful as he has the first blow. But then Ramsay will be wining for the most parts. Most of the wildlings will be killed. And then when all hope seems lost we will see Littlefinger marching with the knights of the Vale. And they will just decimate Ramsay's forces. Just like how Tywin, Loras & Co. did in the battle of Blackwater.

I just hope we get a good twist. #gethype.

aklemalp
June 19, 2016, 04:53 PM
The battle for Winterfell might be bigger than the Battle of Blackwater Bay, Battle at the Wall, and the Ambush at Hardhome.

Sansa is gonna go beast mode, she might warg like her brother Bran.

At the end, hope Winterfell stands tall...The North Remembers

Night_wolf
June 20, 2016, 03:49 AM
I wanted ghost to tear of Ramsay

aklemalp
June 20, 2016, 03:45 PM
One giant went out holding the door...the other went slightly after breaking down the doors/gates of Winterfell...

He was a brave and a charismatic giant....

RIP Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun

revolver
June 21, 2016, 05:06 AM
Ramsay got it easy. would have liked a prolonged torture :lol:

simon
June 21, 2016, 10:50 AM
when Jon was staring at the giant why did not Ramsay target Jon but the giant?
oh wait, Ramsay wanted Jon to find a shield first, smh

I just realised GoT is a tv show about bad *** women, not only the majority of the main charecters are women but they are powerful and strong too.

Night_wolf
June 21, 2016, 11:04 AM

I just realised GoT is a tv show about bad *** women, not only the majority of the main charecters are women but they are powerful and strong too.

once they ran out of book material(after season 5) the show became too hollywoodanize, the only good episode this season was ep 5 which came out of GRRM's head(future book material)

Hold the door

mufi_02
June 21, 2016, 02:47 PM

Because he knew killing Jon at that point wouldnt change anything for him. He lost the battle and castle gate wide open. Also, it is a cheap way to kill as a "lord" or "warden of the north".

This ep has been by far the best one in the series. It stayed true to ruggedness of GoT and the dialogues didn't feel contrived or cheesy. They still had the death of true born Stark. The ending was fitting and Sansa's transformation complete.

This is the only episode where the heroes actually wins. I don't think this is hollywood-ish.

simon
June 21, 2016, 04:02 PM
U guys know so much including names of pets and dragons, i still dont know name of professor Xavier Stark.

Ya this was the most satisfying epi.

But how often do we see in epic battles whenn good guys are outnumbered and before they are done in comes the back up ?
Bad guys are always well prepared good guys depend on some third party renfort.

aklemalp
June 26, 2016, 07:59 AM
Seriously Davos Seaworth aka The Onion Knight is gonna go berserk on Melisandre tonight....

Revenge for Princess Shireen..

Littlefinger and Sansa will be another intriguing subplot...

Arya might reach home before the season comes to an end...

Samwell Tarly and Heartsbane, Gilly and little Sam..may not be heading to Oldtown.

Probably might witness history...the Dothraki crossing the Narrow Sea.

The last episode is slated to be over an hour (67 minutes I think)... ..there will be surprises.

NoName
June 26, 2016, 01:36 PM
Tommen will die.

Poor ole Stannis would have by default been the next ruler :floor:

NoName
June 26, 2016, 01:40 PM
Ramsay got it easy. would have liked a prolonged torture :lol:

Being eaten by a pack of savage, starving, bloodthirsty hounds is pretty damn painful I'm sure. Who know how long he survived.

aklemalp
June 28, 2016, 10:31 AM
The lady Olenna of Highgarden roasted 3 Sandsnakes in under 15 seconds. What a fierce woman she is in the land of Lady Nymeria- Dorne.

While the Mad Lioness roasted scores in Baelor's Sept.

In King's Landing, a king actually landed...from the looks of it, face down, tasting cobblestone. RIP King Tommen, you showed signs that you were going to be a just and honorable monarch, unlike your brother.

Vengeance-- Queen Cersei spoke about it in this episode.

We get to see it in full display: Wildfire.

Arya stark got a fraction of vengeance as well.

Of I was Hand of the Queen...first order of business/counsel would be to get rid of the Iron Throne. ASAP.

Another King in the North...Winter has arrived. Getting goosebumps...

Varys in Dorne, "Fire and Blood". The dragons are coming, along with winter.

Bran takes into the past again...Lyanna Stark, what a beauty she is...her baby, we all know who it is..

And finally, the other Lyanna, Mormont..stole the show once again...fierce and stoned face. "THE NORTH REMEMBERS"

Nafi
July 1, 2016, 06:49 PM
TV show is pretty stupid.

The books are a good read.

aklemalp
July 1, 2016, 06:54 PM
TV show is pretty stupid.

The books are a good read.

Re-reading for the second time. GRRM takes forever to release Winds of Winter. Tyrion is funnier in the books...especially during his time in captivity at the Eyrie, Vale

RazabQ
July 1, 2016, 07:38 PM

HHS! LoL re LO:floor::floor::lol::lol:

aklemalp
May 4, 2017, 06:42 PM
HBO considering doing a spinoff of Game of Thrones.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/04/media/game-of-thrones-spinoff-hbo/

I would love to see Robert's Rebellion, Dance of Dragons, Aegon's Conquest, and the Doom of Valyria perhaps.

aklemalp
May 24, 2017, 03:52 PM
GOT season 7 official trailer
Be wary of the spoilers...

VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/giYeaKsXnsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Roy_1
May 26, 2017, 09:44 AM
My girlfriend says I love GOT more than her, I don't argue, she is always right, we both spend enormous time together binge watching our fav TV serieses, we both are TV nerds.

aklemalp
June 20, 2017, 10:10 AM
One more month to go, only 7 episodes this season.I don't know what surprise D&D will give us.

aklemalp
June 24, 2017, 08:05 AM
Second trailer looks more awesome...

Beric Dondarrion is back again

aklemalp
July 16, 2017, 10:07 AM
Waited so long for this day.

Hope they don't disappoint us.

Roy_1
July 17, 2017, 02:24 AM
I almost puked during the citadel scene, thankfully I was sober, a near perfect start of 7th season, 8/10 from me, however a bit disappointed due to lack of boobs.

Tausif
July 17, 2017, 09:54 AM
Perfect season start. Loved the episode. Really excited to see the build up of fight against the walkers.

aklemalp
July 18, 2017, 08:47 AM
Podeswa delivered once again with brilliant directing.

Walder Frey scene was interesting. One would expect the real Walder to have done something like that.

Ed Sheeran is a Lannister army man

I am Samwell Tarly at my college's library also :lol: That's a big revelation though...it was mentioned in the books that dragon glass was abundant at Dragonstone. I think it's Obsidian.

What else,... biggest burn of the episode was Euron's at Jaime...he has two hands hehe...

Thoro's man bun made an appearance also, The Lord of Light is making believers. ..they need as much as they can able to.

It showed Stannis the same also... these powers are becoming apparent now.

Roy_1
July 20, 2017, 11:58 PM
Was watching a fanmade video the other day, the guy claimed that there is a very high chance that Bran is actually the Night King. I know this might sound a bit cuckoo atm but he put forward his observations beautifully and every single points that he made makes perfect sense to me. Bran hasn't even explored even 10% of his greenseering capability in current time and achieved feats like being present in two different time periods and it is pretty obvious by now that he is somewhat able to communicate with people and manipulate events in past. It is clear that he unintentionally manipulated the Mad King into burning down the entire city. This guy in the video made some genuine points and logically connected all the dots about how it is not very unlikely that the first guy who was sacrificed by the children of the forest and converted into a white walker is none other than Bran himself. "You will not walk, you will fly" may very well imply travelling through time and space with impunity instead of warging a dragon. I mean if warging was Bran's only purpose than why did the raven took so much pain by manipulating his dreams and teaching him ways to travel in between time? In fact sacrificed his life to save Bran. If he wanted a warg to replace him he could have found over a dozen of them among the Thanes and other wildling tribes.

Roy_1
July 21, 2017, 01:32 AM
Being eaten by a pack of savage, starving, bloodthirsty hounds is pretty damn painful I'm sure. Who know how long he survived.

No more than a minute.

Bully dogs are freakishly strong musclebound mini monsters, I had a Bulldog, the English one, smaller than their American cousins. one day he got loose and almost killed a stray dog in a matter of seconds, he was not even fully grown that time, that dog was like thrice as big, twice heavier and a veteran street fighter. The dog received some serious neck injuries even the vet gave him seven days max and said he wouldn't survive even a day on road, I made some serious compromise on my freedom and convinced my dad to take him in, my dad took pity knowing the dog wouldn't survive more than a week and even paid for all the dressings and regular cares. To my great joy that dog made a fool out of everyone and went on to live for six more years. He became best buddies with my bully and became inseparable in no time. They both died last year and I miss them dearly. I seriously decided not to have pets anymore unless it can potentially outlive me, like a turtle or something, it is just so much painful to see them leave. Now I can't even watch movies that has dogs in it.

PS: Sorry for going off topic

aklemalp
July 21, 2017, 10:27 AM
Does Samwell Tarly knows that Jon isn't the Lord Commander anymore?

And since he is doing 'raven-messaging', are we certain that he will send the message to the wrong address?

aklemalp
July 22, 2017, 04:50 PM
Might be on to something.

The first chapter in A Song of Ice and Fire is the POV of Bran.

And before that was the prologue of the 'Others' and the 'Children', both of them were part of the Night's King army, with their blue eyes.

Roy_1
July 24, 2017, 12:55 PM
Awesome 2nd episode. Boobs, sex, gore, mistrust, deception,heartbreak..gotta admit GOT is back on track. Finally a decent villain, Euron is already a bigger ahole than Joffrey, almost as cruel as Ramsey and definitely a better fighter and more ambitious than both and a master strategist as well. Dany is most certainly up for some serious nightmares if Euron finally joins Cersei.

NoName
July 24, 2017, 03:32 PM
Lol how does the Iron Islands have enough people to man all those ships?! Euron himself has a massive armada and Yara/Theon also had a decent size armada.

Enjoyed Euron's WWE entrance though. There must have been a spy on Theon's crew, no way Euron's fleet happened upon them coincidentally.

Edit: NVM King's Landing is South of DragonStone and Theon/Yara were heading South, so its not unlikely they would have crossed paths lol

aklemalp
July 25, 2017, 09:13 AM
The Starks always have that knack of not reuniting with each other, Arya is heading to Winterfell, while Jon goes to meet his aunty...

Arya, why u think Nymeria gonna go with you? She is busy ruling the forest lands with her pack.

I thought the Sand Snakes look hot in this episode, that one especially who was with her "mama" below deck... I think her name is Tyene Sand... I got a huge crush on her,

There were 3 scenes in this episode which were fantastic: Grey Worm with Missandei, Samwell Tarly with Ser Jorah Mormont, and Arya Stark with Hot Pie... the transition from one scene to the other was very smart, a nude couple, followed by Sam peeling off Grayscale off Jorah, and finally "the secret is browning the butter before" Hot Pie makes the best pies in all of Westeros.

Now, Littlefinger has Winterfell all to himself, will use Sansa as a puppet. Conspiring against Jon perhaps.

Jon and the Onion Knight goes to White Harbor, famous for Lord Wyman Manderly..the huge lord who loves drinking his wine....I don't know if they killed him in the show already, but he is one of the characters in the books I enjoyed reading about...he talks like a man that has seen everything, almost like Socrates in the Republic.

Now, Jaime is looking for friends, Lord Randall Tarly is a proud fella, always has been... and a title like Warden of the South will boost his ego up a few notches.

Director Mark Mylod did a great job with infusing the old characters of history: Ned Stark's statue, the skull if Balerion the Black Dread, Nymeria making a return, Maester Pylos' work on Grayscale, etc

Still no signs of Ghost.

Great action at the end, Euron is half Joffrey, part Robert Baratheon, part Ramsey, part Oberyn "the Viper" Martell.

Lady Lyanna Mormont tried her best to convince Jon to stay, but Jon's gotta go forge an alliance.
"All dwarves are Bastards in their father's eyes" Still remember that in the book.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion (A Game of Thrones)

Roy_1
July 25, 2017, 03:36 PM
Littlefinger, Cersei, Grey Worm, Theon, Arya At least 3 out of them 5 will be killed this season, mark my words. Thoros and Dondarion will be killed too.

aklemalp
July 25, 2017, 06:46 PM
Thoros and Dondarion will be killed too.

I think the Lord of Light will bring back Beric for the umpteenth time if Thoros is still alive; I think the two of them are connected to something very big.

aklemalp
July 26, 2017, 10:31 AM
That last scene Theon changing into Reek again. Some say that was the most logical thing to do.

While others said that he could have charged against Euron and go down fighting.

But Theon is a cunning dude, he lives on to fight another day... but I'm afraid he will turn into a Ramsey...

aklemalp
July 30, 2017, 06:18 AM
Would to see love to see Ghost on Dragon Stone with Drogon and company.

But so far we have not seen this wolf in the season.

I hear rumors of Cersei giving Ellaria Sand the same treat that she gave to Septa Unella.

Ser Robert Strong is a coward, hiding behind his helm... take it off and fight like a zombie we know you to be!!!

Even the Hound overcame his fear of fire and is now a 'devotee' of the Lord of Light.

Looking forward to another great episode.

aklemalp
July 30, 2017, 09:28 AM
Now reading that some say Dany is the Lord of Light, while Bran is the Night's King.

The real battle of Ice and Fire.

Dany was reborn out of the pyre.
Jon Snow was reborn by the Lord of Light.

Bran is the real and ultimate villain?

I believe there will be some Bran flashbacks in this episode.

mufi_02
July 30, 2017, 11:42 PM
I hope Cersei cleaned her lips well before doing that thing to Jaime....could have been catastrophic.

NoName
July 31, 2017, 11:07 AM
I hope Cersei cleaned her lips well before doing that thing to Jaime....could have been catastrophic.

Another golden showpiece to go with the golden arm he has

aklemalp
July 31, 2017, 11:12 AM
No one knows who Grey Worm is, he will most likely die at Castlerly Rock

Hearing Missandei announcing the titles of Dany is getting too boring now man, what they should do it write them down on a piece of parchment and give the to visiting party.

Bran, the villain he is, failed to tell his sister that Jon is not their bastard bro.

aklemalp
July 31, 2017, 12:31 PM
Bran chose to tell Sansa that because he knew about actions that caused her father to die.

She was so in awe of the Prince Joffrey back then.

SportingBD
July 31, 2017, 01:58 PM
Bran has no feel of emotion now.

How could he? after seeing it all.. must be terrible.

SportingBD
July 31, 2017, 02:11 PM
Bran probably knows Sansa will do something wrong soon.

He also knows Arya is coming... imagine telling them.. Arya is coming...

mufi_02
July 31, 2017, 02:15 PM
Bran chose to tell Sansa that because he knew about actions that caused her father to die.

She was so in awe of the Prince Joffrey back then.

Sansa: I am so happy to see you little brother.
Bran: I know you were raped..in our own home..in a white dress

Sansa: wtf

SportingBD
July 31, 2017, 02:26 PM
I love this comment posted on youtube.

Arya arrives at winterfell.

Sansa: Please be normal please be normal
Arya: A girl has arrived. lol
Sansa: For F.Sake!

aklemalp
July 31, 2017, 02:28 PM
Sansa: I am so happy to see you little brother.
Bran: I know you were raped..in our own home..in a white dress

Sansa: wtf

Everyone changed... Bran and Arya have powers now. Jon 2.0, and poor Sansa with that opportunistic leech, Petyr Baelish (who looks like a Quagmire from Family Guy ).

Oh poor Samwell Tarly, you expected a reward. Now is a copywriter.
The Maesters at the Citadel are strict as hell. That Qyburn who brought the Mountain to zombie mode was kicked out of the Citadel because he did something as similar as Sam.

About the Stark kids, wolves hunt in packs, the Starks kids all were by themselves for most part of the show. They became what Nymeria became.

Tausif
August 1, 2017, 10:16 PM
Anybody notice Jon saying "I am not a Stark" as he was going up to meet Dany and right when he said that, one of Dany's dragon flew over him? Targaryen :D

Night_wolf
August 1, 2017, 10:25 PM
Anybody notice Jon saying "I am not a Stark" as he was going up to meet Dany and right when he said that, one of Dany's dragon flew over him? Targaryen :D

they love to tease like that, remember in season 1 Maester Aemon was saying to sam that "a Targaryen alone in the world, its a terrible thing" and jon pops up out of nowhere!

aklemalp
August 2, 2017, 12:08 PM
That's right. Jon knows his place. He's a bastard, and bastards never get a family name (unless you're Ramsay Snow).

aklemalp
August 3, 2017, 05:01 PM
I wonder where Qyburn got that antidote to give to Cersei from...

These Sandsnakes should be immune to any poison.

SportingBD
August 4, 2017, 02:00 PM
GOT fourth episode has been leaked. watching now.

Not saying anything, just letting you guys know, enjoy :)

aklemalp
August 4, 2017, 02:03 PM
It's okay, we can live with it.

As long as GRRM is not leaking Winds of Winter..., I'm okay with whatever the hell happens on the TV show.

SportingBD
August 4, 2017, 02:56 PM
Another class episode.

Some of the scene, especially the final part, just amazing. Insane.

revolver
August 4, 2017, 06:59 PM
Bran is a creep :lol:

SportingBD
August 5, 2017, 03:42 AM
Bran is a creep :lol:

Loved it when he freaked out Littlefinger. :D

NoName
August 5, 2017, 08:09 AM
Felt bad for Meera getting the cold shoulder by Bran

aklemalp
August 9, 2017, 05:37 PM
Chaos is a ladder. Bran is the boss.

Bad thing they don't have any lottery games in Westeros or else Bran (Three-eyed raven) would win everytimw there's a drawing... now I think of it, he is a bit like Bruce almighty

Roy_1
August 10, 2017, 02:29 PM
Rooting for cersei, although she will most probably be killed this season, Emilia Clarke is such an awful actor can't convince myself to root for her, Sofie Turner is another disappointment,Kit Harrington is quite one dimensional too, GOT has such strong actors playing supporting roles and set such high standards of acting it becomes an eyesore when the main characters couldn't match up to that. I was on team Tyrion since episode 1 but stopped supporting him from the moment he started playing second fiddle to Dany.

If Cersei and Jaime both are killed off this season I will probably start rooting for the White Walkers.

Roy_1
August 10, 2017, 02:36 PM
Chaos is a ladder. Bran is the boss.

Bad thing they don't have any lottery games in Westeros or else Bran (Three-eyed raven) would win everytimw there's a drawing... now I think of it, he is a bit like Bruce almighty

It seems after becoming the three eyed raven Bran's primary job is pissing people off and bringing a creepy awkwardness into every discussion.:lol:

Night_wolf
August 10, 2017, 11:02 PM
Rooting for cersei, although she will most probably be killed this season, Emilia Clarke is such an awful actor can't convince myself to root for her, Sofie Turner is another disappointment,Kit Harrington is quite one dimensional too, GOT has such strong actors playing supporting roles and set such high standards of acting it becomes an eyesore when the main characters couldn't match up to that. I was on team Tyrion since episode 1 but stopped supporting him from the moment he started playing second fiddle to Dany.

If Cersei and Jaime both are killed off this season I will probably start rooting for the White Walkers.

I read somewhere that Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was signed up for season 8. so I think Cersei,Jon,Jamie,Danarys and Tyrion will be safe this season

I on the other hand want one of the stark girls to die. all these stark reunions this season has been too goody goody two shoes..GOT is not like that and I have a feeling some twist is coming

Night_wolf
August 10, 2017, 11:04 PM
Do you guys think we'll see howland reed in season 8? if so will this be a spoiler for the books like the hodor scene?

Roy_1
August 11, 2017, 03:35 AM
Do you guys think we'll see howland reed in season 8? if so will this be a spoiler for the books like the hodor scene?

I wanna see or at least catch a glimpse of Rhaeger Targeryan more than anyone, the guy literally started the events of GOT. If not in this season I think a GOT spin off is surely on the cards, this Ice and Fire saga is so vast it is like GOT just barely managed to scratch the surface, I really think they will come out with a prequel or something.I wanna see Robert's rebellion, Oberyn's exploits in the Essos and events as far back as the dooms of valeriya and Wars between the first men and children and so many other things. This is literally like a Mahabharat set in the west, GRRM is a legend.

NoName
August 11, 2017, 06:56 AM
set in the west, GRRM is a legend.

Got nothing on my man Robert Jordan (rip) and the Wheel of Time series.

aklemalp
August 11, 2017, 06:58 AM
Jaime has to stay until the end... the Lannister boys have to live.

Bran Stark is the Night King

Roy_1
August 11, 2017, 10:57 AM
Bran Stark is the Night King

I told you so, post#43

Go Night King freeze them back to ice age :D

aklemalp
August 11, 2017, 01:53 PM
I told you so, post#43

Go Night King freeze them back to ice age :D

This show has to end when the Long Night comes to an end.
That means the wars will last at least 7 years.

The Wall will most definitely come down; releasing all the magic that is within it to the realm.

Population has to have a Baby Boom. All that stuff.

I just made that stuff up about Bran being the Night King.

aklemalp
August 13, 2017, 10:35 AM
All this season we have seen the Imp, Tyrion Lannister without a drink in his hands.

He made a real bad call with regards to sending the Unsullied to Casterly Rock.

My point is that Tyrion knows things when he drinks. Sobriety is hampering his critical thinking.

"That's what I do, I drink and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister

Roy_1
August 14, 2017, 02:59 PM
Dany, if she gets off that high horse, is basically Cersei. It is time for John and Dany fangirls to understand that no one is saint here, Everyone has an agenda of his/her own, Jon might appear selfless and morally superior but we should not forget that he hanged a 12 years old kid to satisfy his bruised ego. Cersei gets way too much hate for trying to save what she believes is rightfully hers while Starks, Targs been doing it since episode 1 and they get showered with hugs and kisses, the realm of ice and fire is just as much unfair, unforgiving and cruel as ours, this is why I love GOT so much and if she gets killed I will mourn her death, such an awesome character portrayed by an equally awesome actress. BTW I would love to see Tyrion to stop being a side kick and embark on a mission to claim the iron throne for himself, until then Viva la White walkers.

aklemalp
August 15, 2017, 10:32 AM
No one in this show was ever 'good'

Let's not forget that Ned Stark beheaded that AWOL brother of the Night's Watch in the in the first episode of the show.

Jon had to kill Olly because that was a move that the show writers decided to do because of the fan hate.

That same fan they bowed down to the Gendry return... everyone thought that he was still rowing lol.

Cersei is playing Jaime like a piano. That baby bump is a fake. Just something to pull her brother back to her.

That squad heading beyond the Wall is kinda badass...I think we might see Hodor as a wight in the next episode

But this episode wasn't one of their special ones...4/10 for me

Gilly did read about one of the biggest reveals of Westeros ...Prince 'Ragger' lol

Night_wolf
August 15, 2017, 10:57 AM
Dany, if she gets off that high horse, is basically Cersei. It is time for John and Dany fangirls to understand that no one is saint here, Everyone has an agenda of his/her own, Jon might appear selfless and morally superior but we should not forget that he hanged a 12 years old kid to satisfy his bruised ego. Cersei gets way too much hate for trying to save what she believes is rightfully hers while Starks, Targs been doing it since episode 1 and they get showered with hugs and kisses, the realm of ice and fire is just as much unfair, unforgiving and cruel as ours, this is why I love GOT so much and if she gets killed I will mourn her death, such an awesome character portrayed by an equally awesome actress. BTW I would love to see Tyrion to stop being a side kick and embark on a mission to claim the iron throne for himself, until then Viva la White walkers.

have to agree about Dany..she says she came here to liberate, not to kill anyone but if you dont bend the knee you'll be burned alive..lol wtf

but I disagree on Jon. Jon didn't hung oly for his ego. if you look at the scene again he hesitated before cutting the rope, remember he is as honor bound fool as his fake father Ned was. oly was a member of the nights watch and he betrayed the lord commander of the nights watch. by law this is punishable with death and Jon just did what was right in his mind.

Aklemalp this is the same reason Ned beheaded that nights watch guy in S1E1, the guy left the nights watch

aklemalp
August 15, 2017, 11:16 AM
^^ I know Night_wolf, that is why I put the word good in quotation.

We have to remember that those things were deemed to be just. You break the rule, the fave the punishment.

aklemalp
August 16, 2017, 10:35 PM
Episode 6 is leaked in Spain

SportingBD
August 17, 2017, 03:05 AM
Episode 6 is leaked in Spain

That episode was too much to take, bloody good!
Watched it yesterday!

revolver
August 17, 2017, 03:14 AM
This leaked episode was too good. I can't wait for the next.

SportingBD
August 17, 2017, 03:16 AM

They should just leak that lol...

Roy_1
August 17, 2017, 11:04 AM
have to agree about Dany..she says she came here to liberate, not to kill anyone but if you dont bend the knee you'll be burned alive..lol wtf

but I disagree on Jon. Jon didn't hung oly for his ego. if you look at the scene again he hesitated before cutting the rope, remember he is as honor bound fool as his fake father Ned was. oly was a member of the nights watch and he betrayed the lord commander of the nights watch. by law this is punishable with death and Jon just did what was right in his mind.

Aklemalp this is the same reason Ned beheaded that nights watch guy in S1E1, the guy left the nights watch

This further validates my point that no one is saint here including Jon, no amount of honor can justify killing a 12 year old, Jon can bend the laws as he pleases and take a horde of wildlings in but can't forgive a kid? That is where his ego took over, I am surprised that you don't see the hypocrisy in that. If we are talking about being right in his mind then Olly had every reasons to kill Jon for giving shelter to a murderous horde that butchered his entire family.

I get that Jon is the protagonist in this saga, but he is not the paragon of peace and virtue as many believe, he too has skeletons in his closet. It doesn't matter at all what he thinks in his mind, Hitler killed millions not because he wanted fame, wealth and power but because he believed in his mind that what he is doing is right. I hope you get my point.

aklemalp
August 17, 2017, 11:07 AM
^^ this is what game of thrones is all about...

There's been disputes and wars since the days of the First Men. The Andals, th Children of the Forest..

Roy_1
August 17, 2017, 11:14 AM
^^ this is what game of thrones is all about...

Exactly, that's what I have been trying to convey all along, its not the war between good and evil, you rooting for a character solely because you think him/her to be the lesser evil.

aklemalp
August 19, 2017, 12:23 PM
Exactly, that's what I have been trying to convey all along, its not the war between good and evil, you rooting for a character solely because you think him/her to be the lesser evil.

I know man...

I used to root for the common people down in Flea Bottom.

Now I'm rooting for the Maesters at the Citadel

Night_wolf
August 19, 2017, 12:27 PM

Man the NIght King is a Badass..god!

Roy_1
August 19, 2017, 12:29 PM
I know man...

I used to root for the common people down in Flea Bottom.

Now I'm rooting for the Maesters at the Citadel

You didn't root for grand maester Pycell, did you? :D

Roy_1
August 19, 2017, 12:31 PM
Man the NIght King is a Badass..god!

Probably the most powerful entity in the GOT universe, not sure how he is portrayed in the books though.

aklemalp
August 19, 2017, 12:45 PM
Probably the most powerful entity in the GOT universe, not sure how he is portrayed in the books though.

In the books, his name often comes up as the 13th commander of the Night's Watch.

There he went beyond the Wall and brought back a girl whose eyes were blue...an Other, as they are referred to in the books...

Somehow they were making baby sacrifices to the Others..he was killed, and part of his soul went to the girl he saved beyond the Wall...

The Night's King was a First Man... I think in the previous season, we saw a glimpse of the Children of Forest tying him to a tree and nailing him with a spike...

Roy_1
August 19, 2017, 01:27 PM
In the books, his name often comes up as the 13th commander of the Night's Watch.

There he went beyond the Wall and brought back a girl whose eyes were blue...an Other, as they are referred to in the books...

Somehow they were making baby sacrifices to the Others..he was killed, and part of his soul went to the girl he saved beyond the Wall...

The Night's King was a First Man... I think in the previous season, we saw a glimpse of the Children of Forest tying him to a tree and nailing him with a spike...

I don't think night king of the TV and the night's king of the book are same, TV night king was the first white walker while Book's night's king was a lord commander and born many years after the wall was built. He fell in love with a woman people called corpse queen due to her pale deadlike appearance, many thinks that she was a white walker herself but many dispute this as well. Night's king was defeated and perhaps killed by the joint forces of the Starks of the winterfell and Joramun, the king beyond the wall of that time. So it is almost certain that despite the similarity in name both are quite different.

This is what GRRM has to say about this confusion

"As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have."

aklemalp
August 19, 2017, 02:07 PM
^^ it'll be interesting to see how they spin it.

I've read the books and have always been enthused by the Others. Right up to that opening Prologue...

We know that kids were sacrificed by Craster, live kids who are somehow transformed into white walkers by the touch of the Night's king... then again he recruits more into his army by giving part of his soul to the corpses...

Something to think about...

Btw, this is a good topic to discuss in detail :)

aklemalp
August 21, 2017, 10:16 AM
A raven's message is traveling on a high-speed wireless internet. Danerys was obviously drunk when she got on Drogon to head to the pre-set GPS destination that is as the Hound calls it, "The Arrowhead mountain".

Nafi
August 21, 2017, 11:24 AM
Ive skipped this season, I want to remove everything game of thrones from my life until the next book is released.

SportingBD
August 22, 2017, 09:54 AM
Anyone think GOT copied the event that's predicted to come of Gog and Magog, in the Quran known as Yajuj and Majuj? Especially that wall.

aklemalp
August 22, 2017, 10:20 AM
Why didn't the night king touched the water when the Suicide squad was on the rock?

Night_wolf
August 23, 2017, 10:36 AM
Why didn't the night king touched the water when the Suicide squad was on the rock?

dont think he has the powers of Iceman

when he comes he brings the blizzard with him but I dont think he can create ice himself

aklemalp
August 23, 2017, 11:10 AM
dont think he has the powers of Iceman

when he comes he brings the blizzard with him but I dont think he can create ice himself

If I'm not mistaken, in an earlier episode, he touch a sword or something and the thing just froze, leaving it brittle.

simon
August 24, 2017, 02:38 PM
anyone surprised by how quickly charecters are moving from one place to another this season?
I understand this is a 7 epi season so it had to be fast paced but still, things happening ridiculously fast this season.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 02:40 PM
anyone surprised by how quickly charecters are moving from one place to another this season?
I understand this is a 7 epi season so it had to be fast paced but still, things happening ridiculously fast this season.

Yeah, it's quite a turnoff. The writing has been horrible this season.

Roy_1
August 24, 2017, 02:52 PM
When they took a few season to build up the characters they were too slow, now when they are wrapping up things they are too fast, people should understand the reason they went slow in the few seasons only to pick up the pace in the later seasons, but it is impossible to make everyone happy.

Zeeshan
August 24, 2017, 03:43 PM
For every v---ins spotted on this thread, one automatically gets 500 boost post counts.

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 08:56 PM
When they took a few season to build up the characters they were too slow, now when they are wrapping up things they are too fast, people should understand the reason they went slow in the few seasons only to pick up the pace in the later seasons, but it is impossible to make everyone happy.

Can't get two sweet out of 1 joint.

NoName
August 24, 2017, 10:06 PM
They are fast paced because they literally have no content to go on. Sure the show has passed the books but at least they were be able to build and extend upon some of the plotlines that GRMM already established. They don't want to drag the story on any longer at the risk of poor writing since they are in uncharted territory such as Dany in Westeros or Jon fighting against WW (the author isn't even there yet!)

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 02:51 PM
Two Dragons.

for

Two Targaryen's.

Nice.

Roy_1
August 28, 2017, 03:42 PM
I hate to say it, but I am utterly disappointed with the season finale, HBO could have done a better job than to submit to the whims and wishes of the fanboys, they should let the fanboyz writing the scripts from now on, gonna save them a truckloads of money,the unpredictability factor is officially gone now. This script has more holes than Viseryon's wings, not even debating that if it is aerodynamically possible for him to fly.

aklemalp
August 28, 2017, 05:26 PM
Nice way to end Littlefinger.

That's cunning.

Night_wolf
August 28, 2017, 08:21 PM
Nice way to end Littlefinger.

That's cunning.

I hate how he died, I have been waiting for his death since season one and the outcome wasn't satisfying

aklemalp
August 28, 2017, 08:37 PM
I hate how he died, I have been waiting for his death since season one and the outcome wasn't satisfying

I wonder how come the Knights of the Vale were in on the plot to hack Littlefinger.

How many people in Winterfell know that Bran is the Three-eyed raven?

That was a funny bit with Sam and Bran. The actress that played Lyanna is absolutely gorgeous. I think she's french

NoName
August 28, 2017, 09:47 PM
I hate to say it, but I am utterly disappointed with the season finale, HBO could have done a better job than to submit to the whims and wishes of the fanboys, they should let the fanboyz writing the scripts from now on, gonna save them a truckloads of money,the unpredictability factor is officially gone now. This script has more holes than Viseryon's wings, not even debating that if it is aerodynamically possible for him to fly.

Lol we have wights moving without a head and you're stuck on that detail?

Google Frost Wyrms one of the more famous iterations of a undead dragon

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 09:55 AM
The guy who portrayed Rhaegar Targeryan made me cringe, you can't force Rhaegar on anyone, Rhaegar should come from within, waited seven seasons just to have a glimpse of him and this is what I get!! someone like tom hiddleston would have made a perfect Rhaegar.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 09:59 AM
Lol we have wights moving without a head and you're stuck on that detail?

Google Frost Wyrms one of the more famous iterations of a undead dragon

Wights are supposed to be like that, undead aren't they? After all everything's fair in love and Zombie apocalypse :D

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 10:05 AM
Loved what Jaime did though. He was betrayed by his sister. Brienne showed him more admiration. A girl like Brienne is what Jaime needs to take care of him. Sorry Tormund.

NoName
August 29, 2017, 12:13 PM
The guy who portrayed Rhaegar Targeryan made me cringe, you can't force Rhaegar on anyone, Rhaegar should come from within, waited seven seasons just to have a glimpse of him and this is what I get!! someone like tom hiddleston would have made a perfect Rhaegar.

Rhaegar looked like Viserion...a tool!

Night_wolf
August 29, 2017, 12:22 PM

They used the same wig..lol talk about being lazy for an important figure

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 12:59 PM

Exactly, he looked like a cocky teen straight outta marvel comics, even Lyanna looks more like a Dornish woman than a Stark, hope they don't use a Scottish red head if they ever portray Elia martell :facepalm:

The guy who played young Ned was quite fitting though.

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 01:01 PM

Viserys you mean?

The guy who always said, 'You don't want to wake the dragon'. Selfish mofo

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 01:03 PM
Exactly, he looked like a cocky teen straight outta marvel comics, even Lyanna looks more like a Dornish woman than a Stark, hope they don't use a Scottish red head if they ever portray Elia martell :facepalm:

The guy who played young Ned was quite fitting though.

Lyanna was beautiful. Robb's wife Talisa was even hotter. Oh my, I have to watch that episode again.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 01:06 PM
They used the same wig..lol talk about being lazy for an important figure

They did an absolute lackadaisical job in the finale, could have easily broken it down to two separate episodes instead of shoving a topsy-turvy version down to the viewers throats.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 01:13 PM
Lyanna was beautiful. Robb's wife Talisa was even hotter. Oh my, I have to watch that episode again.

Of course she is beautiful, but that is not the point, it was not a truthful depiction of the character, why would a Stark girl look Dornish? I am not insinuating anything racial if that is what you are thinking, I personally find girls with darker complexion much much hotter than the pale ones.

mufi_02
August 29, 2017, 01:59 PM
you are guys are way too critical. it was a good season overall. dany and jon hooked up. can we just be happy about that? don't be whiny like jorah.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 02:09 PM
don't be whiny like jorah.

Where did you see Jorah whining? :o

He is like the exact opposite of whiny, remained loyal and honest to his one true love even after getting brutally friendzoned time and time again.Hopeless poor fellow :D

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 02:21 PM
Where did you see Jorah whining? :o

He is like the exact opposite of whiny, remained loyal and honest to his one true love even after getting brutally friendzoned time and time again.Hopeless poor fellow :D

The dude cheated on his wife back on Bear Island.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 02:26 PM
The dude cheated on his wife back on Bear Island.

Isn't it the exact opposite? His wife was quite high maintenance so he had to get into human trafficking and slavery to satisfy her needs which in turn had him banished from Westeros and his wife married some rich lord, again how does that refute my statement? He is anything but whiny, for him Dany is not only his love but his salvation as well, no idea how he is portrayed in the books though.

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 02:36 PM
Isn't it the exact opposite? His wife was quite high maintenance so he had to get into human trafficking and slavery to satisfy her needs which in turn had him banished from Westeros and his wife married some rich lord, again how does that refute my statement? He is anything but whiny, for him Dany is not only his love but his salvation as well, no idea how he is portrayed in the books though.

No way I was disagreeing. Still, though marriage is considered sacred, and he left.

I don't think he's whiny.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 02:45 PM
No way I was disagreeing. Still, though marriage is considered sacred, and he left.

My dear brother, what else do you think he should have done after his wife cheated on him? Holding hands with his wife's lover and sing Kumbaya? :D

mufi_02
August 29, 2017, 02:46 PM
Sir Friendzone is hopeless. We got to see Jon's butt. Not sure what else you want. Zombie dragon?

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 02:46 PM
My dear brother, what else do you think he should have done after his wife cheated on him? Holding hands with his wife's lover and sing Kumbaya? :D

Make up ***

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 02:48 PM
Sir Friendzone is hopeless. We got to see Jon's butt. Not sure what else you want. Zombie dragon?

But he does not whine about his hopelessness, does he ? The Auntie sex was the only thing that kept me hooked, do you see me complaining about that?:D

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 02:53 PM
Make up ***

Oh! come on, he is a knight for God sake, not samwell Tarly :lol:

mufi_02
August 29, 2017, 02:59 PM
But he does not whine about his hopelessness, does he ? The Auntie sex was the only thing that kept me hooked, do you see me complaining about that?:D

meh. I am pretty sure he was on the next room. and the walls are super thin on love boats.

on rhaegar, he looks like viserys coz viserys emulated his older brother and dressed and tried to look like him. and rhaegar was not the warrior type. he was into music and art but took up arms only coz of Robert's rebellion.

and the acting was much better this season. cersei/tyrion was great as usual. Jamie notched it up a little. Dany showed her range of emotions. but Jon was still brooding.

aklemalp
August 29, 2017, 03:07 PM
No Ghost. Can't even show us our dear forgotten wolf.

Nymeria took up most of the budget for the wolves.

Roy_1
August 29, 2017, 03:21 PM
meh. I am pretty sure he was on the next room. and the walls are super thin on love boats.

on rhaegar, he looks like viserys coz viserys emulated his older brother and dressed and tried to look like him. and rhaegar was not the warrior type. he was into music and art but took up arms only coz of Robert's rebellion.

and the acting was much better this season. cersei/tyrion was great as usual. Jamie notched it up a little. Dany showed her range of emotions. but Jon was still brooding.

Must be devastating for Jorah, poor old fellow!!

Rheager looks like a cheap Chinese copy of Viserys, the guy looks like a pimp not an intellectual, honestly they could have done a better with the casting considering he is such an important character in the books.

I gave up on Jon and dany long back, now I am mostly indifferent about whatever they do acting-wise.

If you read through this thread you will find out that I am not the one whining, in fact I was poking people for being too puritan about things, but this last episode disappointed me big time, i seriously think they should have broken it down to two separate episodes.

simon
August 30, 2017, 07:19 AM
I liked the 2nd last episode better.
But it was still ridiculous how quickly things were happening throughout this season.