PDA

View Full Version : Hostage Crisis in Gulshan (Holey Artisan Bakery and its vicinity)

Pages : [1] 2

tonmoy.dhaka
July 1, 2016, 12:51 PM
Bloodbath in progress inside a restaurant in Gulshan... many foreigners inside...
My heart cries for Bangladesh

Shubho
July 1, 2016, 01:02 PM
Please stay safe. Hoping that we get through this dark phase in our history.

Navo
July 1, 2016, 01:11 PM
I moved these posts to a separate thread. Please be judicious in what you post as we know that the terrorists are highly organized and are keeping watch. A media blackout is apparently in place.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 1, 2016, 01:24 PM
আমরা অত্যন্ত শোকের সাথে জানাচ্ছি রাজধানী ঢাকার গুলশান ২ এলাকার ৭৯ নং রোডে অবস্থিত স্প্যানিশ বেকারি 'হোলী আর্টিসনে' দেশী ও বিদেশী নাগরিকদের জিম্মি ঘটনায় বনানী থানার ও,সি, সালাহউদ্দিন নিহত হয়েছেন।

Source: ATN and Channel24

mufi_02
July 1, 2016, 01:26 PM
Live update from Daily Star

http://www.thedailystar.net/country/live-gulshan-hostage-crisis-1248955

---------

I hope no hostage or innocent people dies.

cricman
July 1, 2016, 01:33 PM
Its time Bangladesh does something about these Imams that spew these hateful messages.

Also, if the infrastructure doesnt improve ... more and more of the under privilaged will join. They see this as place where their wanted, embraced.

Anik SH
July 1, 2016, 01:33 PM
Horrific :o

aklemalp
July 1, 2016, 01:38 PM
Very sad to hear this news...just learnt that 1 police officer has been killed.

My thoughts and prayers are with those hostages and security forces...

Be safe fellow BC members in vicinity.

Hope this ends soon

Nadim
July 1, 2016, 02:03 PM
This is scary.
May Allah save our country :(

brockley
July 1, 2016, 02:10 PM
This is sad.
RIP.
Its a problem,hope they settle it quick.
Death to Isis.

simon
July 1, 2016, 02:19 PM
Already a police officer (OC) died.
I dont know how this will end just hope no more dies.

Ajfar
July 1, 2016, 02:58 PM
So sad and scary to see this situation in our country. I hope the victims from inside make it out unharmed.

NoName
July 1, 2016, 02:59 PM
Hope everyone makes it out safely.

This will also have serious ramifications on the Eng tour.

Anik SH
July 1, 2016, 03:00 PM
বিভিন্ন নিউজের কমেন্ট বক্স দেখলাম, অনেকেই(Majority) কমেন্ট করছে এটা 'নাটক,'..আবার লাইকও পাচ্ছে ভুরি ভুরি। বাংলাদেশিদের মেন্টালিটি কোথায় গিয়ে ঠেকেছে।

tonmoy.dhaka
July 1, 2016, 03:02 PM
True that it is sad and scary.... but this is not at all unexpected...
This is what happens when you bow down to people like allama shafi....

And to all those who blame the US interference in the middle east for the war there... what have US or the West do here to deserve this?

RazabQ
July 1, 2016, 03:33 PM
So sad to see my country come to this. A recruiting hotbed for terrorists. But some of us were fearing this for the past few years. Extremism begets greater extremism.:)

Inna lillah for the two officers murdered by the terrorirsts.

Ajfar
July 1, 2016, 03:38 PM
Rumor's out that the number of death is way more than the 2 reported. I don't know how you would negotiate with these losers, they went in knowing they won't come out alive.

revolver
July 1, 2016, 03:52 PM
such tragedy. I hope the damages are bare minimum

iDumb
July 1, 2016, 04:59 PM
THis is really sad. End of safe Bangladesh from Terrorism. It is clearly a target to make it a potential unsafe country.

I have relatives who live right next door. I been there recently. Shaking me up these incidences.

Problem is BD not as well organized as some of the other western countries. No police officer would die in a situation like this in the west..

Donal C
July 1, 2016, 05:03 PM
Shame to see what I've observed is generally one of the more stable, non theorcratic states in Asia be engulfed in crises like this. With the spate of deaths of secular bloggers lately it seems BD is being dragged downwards I'm afraid.

Obviously this pales in significance to the true cost of this attack (deaths of any innocents) but this may well put Englands tour in serious doubt.

BD has gotta cut out the source of these extremist lunatics, mosques madrassahs and so on spreading filth need to be shut down, and any supporters of ISIS and such groups punished.

iDumb
July 1, 2016, 05:54 PM
With the timing right after Turkey, a new type where a place is attacked instead of person, and the area that is supposed to be very safe with ISIS taking credit for it - is getting a lot of media attention. And unfortunately that is a bad thing - the massive international media attention it's getting. THese groups thrives in that. And that is what is scary...

It is still a "hostage" situation for now which is not your typical terrorist attack but regardless this does not bode well for the country.

England tour will only go through if players agree to be restrictive - pretty much stay under constant observation and be locked down to one's hotel. And that's pretty hard to do for one whole month. England pulling out will still be rash but now has some legitimacy on surface compare to Australian decision...

mij
July 1, 2016, 06:19 PM
Bangladesh cricket RIP.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 1, 2016, 06:45 PM
RIP the dream of Secular Bangladesh...

RIP the dream of united Bangladesh

RIP the dream of the Freedom fighters who helped liberate Bangladesh

My generation failed the generation of my parents and grand parents who liberated Bangladesh... I am really sorry..... The Extremists have won, we lost...The Hefazots , Jamaats and Bigots won.. we Lost... Sorry

iDumb
July 1, 2016, 06:53 PM
The images of RAB that's been running in CNN is disgusting/laughable. Running away after hearing a gunshot, limping, putting hand on chest as if in pain...

I don't think Bangladeshi secuirty is trained well enough to tackle coordinated attack. All Rab is good for is killing indiscriminately like the criminal organization that it is....

if bystanders/injured ppl are just simply slapped a RAB vest on they should stop doing that. The one time it's your call - looking like wuss.

kalpurush
July 1, 2016, 07:06 PM
RIP the dream of Secular Bangladesh...

RIP the dream of united Bangladesh

RIP the dream of the Freedom fighters who helped liberate Bangladesh

My generation failed the generation of my parents and grand parents who liberated Bangladesh... I am really sorry..... The Extremists have won, we lost...The Hefazots , Jamaats and Bigots won.. we Lost... Sorry

I thought you are a pro-Bangladeshi Tonnoy! Don't be so hopeless.

The world is not a safe place anymore - be it Paris, Orlando or Gulshan.

To make the world a better place, politicians have to re-think their visions/strategies, overcome inequalities, unfair distributions of wealth, ensure equal opportunities for the mass and so on - this is all due to corrupt politicians - you can NOT leave a mass group of people behind and hope for progress?

Eliminate poverty, promote education, ensure a fair and progressive judiciary system etc are the key to avoid this kind of act/s.

I hope Govt will take a strong stand against any kind of terror activities to ensure public safety. My prayers are with the victims and who lost their lives due to this heinous crime.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 1, 2016, 07:59 PM
I thought you are a pro-Bangladeshi Tonnoy! Don't be so hopeless.

The world is not a safe place anymore - be it Paris, Orlando or Gulshan.

To make the world a better place, politicians have to re-think their visions/strategies, overcome inequalities, unfair distributions of wealth, ensure equal opportunities for the mass and so on - this is all due to corrupt politicians - you can NOT leave a mass group of people behind and hope for progress?

Eliminate poverty, promote education, ensure a fair and progressive judiciary system etc are the key to avoid this kind of act/s.

I hope Govt will take a strong stand against any kind of terror activities to ensure public safety. My prayers are with the victims and who lost their lives due to this heinous crime.

I will be optimistic only when I see real sign of progress and not denial.

Government constantly denies that there are ISIS or AQ presence in Bangladesh. The fact is, that it does not matter what you call yourself when you kill people.. you are still killing people. Weather ISIS is doing it or Ansarullah, people are dying.

The conservatives constantly denies that the Islamic extremists are behind the killing. They always site USA and Israel for everything... there should be a limit to BS.

And finally, we all deny that there is something wrong with the way the religion is being preached. There have been over 28 thousand separate attacks linked with terrorism in the name of islam since 9/11... thats right 28 THOUSAND. How can we still keep a straight face and say there is nothing wrong there??

Tigers_eye
July 1, 2016, 08:14 PM
Shame to see what I've observed is generally one of the more stable, non theorcratic states in Asia be engulfed in crises like this. With the spate of deaths of secular bloggers lately it seems BD is being dragged downwards I'm afraid.

Obviously this pales in significance to the true cost of this attack (deaths of any innocents) but this may well put Englands tour in serious doubt.

BD has gotta cut out the source of these extremist lunatics, mosques madrassahs and so on spreading filth need to be shut down, and any supporters of ISIS and such groups punished.May your words come true.

We studied the Quran and it clearly says, (33:48)

"And do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites but do not harm them, and rely upon Allah . And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs."

If a Muslim is not suppose to hurt a disbeliever then how can he kill other Muslims? Something doesn't add up.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 1, 2016, 08:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/tasneem.khalil/posts/10157125073730319?hc_location=ufi

Tasneem Khalil is a well respected journalist

anon4567
July 1, 2016, 09:08 PM

They shot and killed children if this is true. How could any sane person do such a thing...

NoName
July 1, 2016, 09:42 PM
Has the government, or any spokesperson given a statement yet? PM is no where to be found....

zsayeed
July 1, 2016, 09:44 PM

He may be a good journo - but one this is wrong he posted. It did not end hours ago. It is ending now.

NoName
July 1, 2016, 10:04 PM
The images of RAB that's been running in CNN is disgusting/laughable. Running away after hearing a gunshot, limping, putting hand on chest as if in pain...

I don't think Bangladeshi secuirty is trained well enough to tackle coordinated attack. All Rab is good for is killing indiscriminately like the criminal organization that it is....

Are some of those guys even legit? They have the RAB vests on, but are wearing normal street clothes and sandals. It looks as if they plucked out volunteers from the streets and gave them RAB vests to wear.

ahnaf
July 1, 2016, 10:46 PM
Number if rescued person of so far around 15-18..
Seems like operation still going on

PoorFan
July 1, 2016, 10:56 PM
Independent TV here in Dhaka says/shows the commando rescue has finished, 5 dead and 18 rescued. However other TV sources and news paper shows different number of casualties.

ahnaf
July 1, 2016, 11:58 PM
Press conference will be held in afternoon..
Official number of rescued or death will be revealed during that time i guess.

anon4567
July 2, 2016, 12:33 AM
AMAQ (ISIS' media wing) had posted graphic images of several dead bodies, including that of a child it seems. I came across it while going through tweets about this, and was completely disgusted. They are not hard to find. I have seen the interior of the restaurant in Google Maps, and the chairs and tables in the photos match these. This was an attack by ISIS, not some homegrown militant organization as our government continues to claim and ignore. They hit us in the most affluent neighborhood in our capital.

I think most of the foreigners might have been killed. Independent TV reported many had been hacked to death with machetes. Daily Star reported one Japanese and one Indian national are among the ones who were rescued, the siege has ended.
http://www.thedailystar.net/online/security-forces-begin-offensive-end-hostage-crisis-1249219

If there were 40 people, and 18 or so have been rescued alive, would put the number of death well over 20.

We can only hope for the best right now.

iDumb
July 2, 2016, 01:05 AM
And finally, we all deny that there is something wrong with the way the religion is being preached.

Why don't you outright say something is wrong with the religion too like you have in the past. Typical dumb response to any world event.

iDumb
July 2, 2016, 01:10 AM
This was an attack by ISIS, not some homegrown militant organization as our government continues to claim and ignore..

US officials also saying unlikely ISIS. Whatever it is, it is an organized group getting some great coverage which bode poorly for a country like Bangladesh imo. I liked it when the country didnt matter to anyone - it was safe, a hidden jem. I would rather worry about pickpocket than coordinated gunmen attack...

ahnaf
July 2, 2016, 01:21 AM
apparently one shooter has been captured alive.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 01:31 AM
Warning signs were there since the australian tour and now escalated to this. We need a complete rebuilding of our intelligence forces. Week after anti terror raid which arrested 13,000 people, this happens in gulshan. The security forces are absolutely clueless

ahnaf
July 2, 2016, 01:53 AM
In this dark moment, I would like to request you all you take a moment to realize that saving 14 out of 20 hostages after an 11 hours hold-up is very commendable.
Ex FBI CNN contributor Steve Moore from LA is raving about how amazing the assault has been by our Joint Forces.
Irrespective of inadequacies and difference of opinions regarding mistakes & things that could been done better - let us all please take a moment to applaude our law enforcement agencies & special forces. They are the heros who stand in the line of fire, risk it all to save us.
It's important to focus on the positives while the darkness feels so wide spread
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154186454112349&id=580167348&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6302615971461703733%3Amf_story_key.344326 3400009535937&__tn__=C

iDumb
July 2, 2016, 01:53 AM
apparently one shooter has been captured alive.

hopefully he is not a BNP supporter.. otherwise whole operation will go down the drain.

*even 1 captured terrorist who was part of a coordinated attack can provide wealth of information on how the whole structure is. I think these are true Bangladeshi made "terrorist" made of bhejal. They don't wanna die. Everyone is surprised that there are survivors. Credit to an efficient RAB or is it sub par terrorist?

ahnaf
July 2, 2016, 02:01 AM
Pardon me if I'm wrong. Commando is not a core, officers of different cores are trained to be commando in Sylhet and they are in different parts of the country so it takes time to assemble them create and execute a plan. It's only because of the army that the rescue mission was even possible and they cannot just barge in a crime scene if they do not have the permission from the Government. Whenever there is a situation like this its because of this "army" living off our high taxes that things get under control. So we should not point our fingers at those for whom the rescue mission was even remotely possible. And lastly without proper information we should not spread rumors as people will be misguided by what we say. Peace

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=914057542038225&id=100003019637702&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6302617457559617155%3Amf_story_key.-1325339635725149431

mufi_02
July 2, 2016, 02:04 AM
In this dark moment, I would like to request you all you take a moment to realize that saving 14 out of 20 hostages after an 11 hours hold-up is very commendable.
Ex FBI CNN contributor Steve Moore from LA is raving about how amazing the assault has been by our Joint Forces.
Irrespective of inadequacies and difference of opinions regarding mistakes & things that could been done better - let us all please take a moment to applaude our law enforcement agencies & special forces. They are the heros who stand in the line of fire, risk it all to save us.
It's important to focus on the positives while the darkness feels so wide spread
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154186454112349&id=580167348&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6302615971461703733%3Amf_story_key.344326 3400009535937&__tn__=C

Agreed. Latest news is that 6 that was killed were all assailants.

On a related note, PM Hasina gave a brief comment. I think it was very good and she made some valid comments.

Particularly, when she slammed the private media for its coverage. Overall media coverage was very poor and too much gossip and rumor was going around.

Someone here posted earlier quoting a journalist describing a gruesome scene. Looks like it was not true but we won't know until all the dust settles.

In the end, terrific job by RAB and other forces. In recent years, hostage situation happened in few African countries and the death toll was much higher. In this case, our forces, however inept we portray them to be, did a great job..

Now it's time for Hasina and the govt to weed out this low life for good. Interrogate the one alive to death and get all info

iDumb
July 2, 2016, 02:04 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/city/those-who-cited-quran-verse-were-spared-1249228

Watching CNN and reading various news, it seems like this is an Al-qaeda driven operation yet ISIS claimed it.

What a crooked world we live in.

May Allah keep us all safe.

*then again the report do not make sense because it says by 11 pm, they were "done" with foreigners yet some news channels report srilanka and japanese part of rescued.

Yes overall.. good job BD military and the co.. and death of 2 police officers/injuries.. they are heroes for sure... died in duty.

ahnaf
July 2, 2016, 02:12 AM
Agreed. Latest news is that 6 that was killed were all assailants.

On a related note, PM Hasina gave a brief comment. I think it was very good and she made some valid comments.

Particularly, when she slammed the private media for its coverage. Overall media coverage was very poor and too much gossip and rumor was going around.

Someone here posted earlier quoting a journalist describing a gruesome scene. Looks like it was not true but we won't know until all the dust settles.

In the end, terrific job by RAB and other forces. In recent years, hostage situation happened in few African countries and the death toll was much higher. In this case, our forces, however inept we portray them to be, did a great job..

Now it's time for Hasina and the govt to weed out this low life for good. Interrogate the one alive to death and get all info

These type of operation usually takes a lot more time what we needed here..

Number of hostage those were circulating is totally out of proportion. The capacity of restaurant is 25.

anyway, i just hope that one shooter who was captured alive, don't die in Crossfire.

PoorFan
July 2, 2016, 02:54 AM
Commando force just finished press conference, 20 were killed, brutally hacked by local made weapon and all were killed last night according to the commando chief. None were killed at the time of rescue other than those criminals. I am sure lot more detail will come out from now on.

13 were rescued, 6 were killed [at the time of rescue], 1 were captured as suspect according to the commando force press.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 02:57 AM
I will wait till the death count is confirmed and more details emerges before saying the law enforcement did a great job. Killing suicide attackers is not a measure of success because they went to die any ways. How many we rescued alive will determine how successful we were. I personally think we took way too long. There is ni reason for these terrorist to wait before killing people in there. They arent after money or any demands. This is not a hostage situation. We know they went in to kill as many foreigners as possible. Salute to the brave security people that risked their lives and have given their lives in this operation. I hope this wasnt another f-cup like the BDR operation.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 03:08 AM
Yep tv reporting terrorists kill 20 last night.

anon4567
July 2, 2016, 03:25 AM
Law enforcement withheld information. The previous figure was from research/ speculation by the journalists.

They should have gone in sooner. These terrorists were not after anything, money, or whatever. They wanted to create chaos in the country, and they have succeeded. They didn't even try to negotiate any terms. They just went in an brutally murdered all those people.

We should have stormed those f###ers out with bullets a lot sooner, less people would had to die.

Ajfar
July 2, 2016, 03:27 AM
I don't believe the numbers that are being put out by different channels. I saw 3 channels give 3 different numbers for total rescued. They are just reporting these numbers based on whatever brief conversation they had with those that came out alive. The journalists are so hungry for information, they are willing to harrass victims. I saw one clip of apparently the owner of the restaurant getting in his car. Journalists had his car sorrounded bombarding him with questions, at one point I think he said something about going to the hospital and they still wouldn't get out of the way. I saw another clip of journalist sorrounding a guy (possibly a eyewitness maybe). The guy was clearly trying to just get away from talking to them. A journalist was holding his hand trying to get a answer out of him. Most channels I watched had nothing useful to report. Just a person on the phone describing the scene outside. This kind of reporting leads to nothing but confusion. Later when the official numbers will come out, and if it turns out to be less than what was reported we will hear all kinds of conspiracy theories.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 03:33 AM
Terrorists got time and they used that time to kill as many as possible. We didnt learn anything from the BDR incident.

anon4567
July 2, 2016, 03:39 AM
The journalists are so hungry for information, they are willing to harrass victims. I saw one clip of apparently the owner of the restaurant getting in his car. Journalists had his car sorrounded bombarding him with questions, at one point I think he said something about going to the hospital and they still wouldn't get out of the way. I saw another clip of journalist sorrounding a guy (possibly a eyewitness maybe). The guy was clearly trying to just get away from talking to them. A journalist was holding his hand trying to get a answer out of him. Most channels I watched had nothing useful to report. Just a person on the phone describing the scene outside. This kind of reporting leads to nothing but confusion. Later when the official numbers will come out, and if it turns out to be less than what was reported we will hear all kinds of conspiracy theories.

This isn't the worst, yesterday night I saw this Independent Channel news reporter harassing an uncle of one of the deceased Police officers who seemed clearly distraught, if he know anything about how his nephew died, then he asked if he knew anything about the situation. This was very disturbing.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 03:41 AM
http://www.thedailystar.net/city/those-who-cited-quran-verse-were-spared-1249228

They were asking hostages to recite the quran

ahnaf
July 2, 2016, 03:46 AM
Terrorists got time and they used that time to kill as many as possible. We didnt learn anything from the BDR incident.

if whats been reporting is true, they were done with foreigners by 11 pm. It takes time to assemble the unit and form a plan and not to mention get permission from higher authority. I don't think we could have saved them under any circumstances.

What we should ask is, how the hell they got in in the first place which is supposed to be one of the most secure area of our country.

Habib
July 2, 2016, 04:03 AM
if whats been reporting is true, they were done with foreigners by 11 pm. It takes time to assemble the unit and form a plan and not to mention get permission from higher authority. I don't think we could have saved them under any circumstances.

What we should ask is, how the hell they got in in the first place which is supposed to be one of the most secure area of our country.

True that. Even if they had stormed the place with commandos earlier, it couldn't have been done early enough to save those 20 people. It would mean they would have to charge in blindly without enough preparation or knowing the layout of the area. Also, this was not the same situation as the BDR mutiny. That incident happened inside a paramilitary force HQ and the mutineers had access to almost unlimited amount of military firepower in the armory including mortars which posed serious threats to the nearby residential area. Even my family had to evacuate our home as a precaution. Not to mention the danger of civil war breaking out throughout the country between the army and the BDR. But regardless, they need to fine tune their response in case of incidents like this. This was their first such incident after all.

The question I have here is the same as you- how did they manage to enter such a highly sensitive and protected area like the Gulshan with so much firepower in the first place? What were the police at the checkpoints doing?

ahnaf
July 2, 2016, 04:13 AM
True that. Even if they had stormed the place with commandos earlier, it couldn't have been done early enough to save those 20 people. It would mean they would have to charge in blindly without enough preparation or knowing the layout of the area. Also, this was not the same situation as the BDR mutiny. That incident happened in a paramilitary force HQ and the mutineers had access to almost unlimited amount of military firepower in the armory including mortars which posed serious threats to the nearby residential area. Even my family had to evacuate our home as a precaution. Not to mention the danger of civil war breaking out throughout the country between the army and the BDR.

The question I have here is how did they manage to enter such a highly sensitive and protected area like the Gulshan with so many firepower in the first place? What were the police at the checkpoints doing?

true. plus, the base and training centre of para commando is in syleht. They did their best under these circumstances.

How they entered the area that's the main question. Plus, why our RAB or police force couldn't operate this rescue operation?

Seems like we need to call our army for everything.

Shingara
July 2, 2016, 04:47 AM
Why are some of you guys so surprised that this has happened in BD ?
You lot have been staying outside BD for way too long.
This is BD, don't forget that. People get murdered everyday in gruesome ways, where Police are even involved. Our police is 3rd class ghushkhor

Compared to the usual killings, this was more organized, that's all.

Night_wolf
July 2, 2016, 04:55 AM
Why are some of you guys so surprised that this has happened in BD ?
You lot have been staying outside BD for way too long.
This is BD, don't forget that. People get murdered everyday in gruesome ways, where Police are even involved. Our police is 3rd class ghushkhor

Compared to the usual killings, this was more organized, that's all.

this is global style of terrorism, this doesn't happen only in BD. couple of months ago same thing happened in a cafe in sydney

anon4567
July 2, 2016, 05:03 AM
They caught one of those f###ers alive. They should torture him physically and mentally and extract out all information that he has. These people are just pawns. This attack was well organized, and the assailants were prepared to die.

We need to do find out the people that are brainwashing these young men and are giving them the weapons and training them to use all these different firearms and explosives. They seemed more trained than the incompetent Bangladeshi police.

anon4567
July 2, 2016, 05:06 AM
I mean we had to wait for the military to take care of the situation, this should have been resolved by the SWAT team- but they failed.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 05:12 AM

Yes it takes time to assemble a unit but should not take 10 hours. We are not talking about a remote village. These killings are happening for a long time now and we should have had a team for the deplomatic area at least. Why the first responders went and died like amateurs? Why were they saying they were trying to negotiate in early briefings? If you look around the world the specialized units move in as fast as possible. In france just in 2 hours the casualty was over hundred. Had ours been a crowded market even more people would have died. We didnt save anybody.. we went and collected people who survived.

iDumb
July 2, 2016, 06:19 AM

The question I have here is the same as you- how did they manage to enter such a highly sensitive and protected area like the Gulshan with so much firepower in the first place? What were the police at the checkpoints doing?

it's not highly protected area. There are simple security check points sometimes with big show off guns but it's not like everyone is searched who is going in and out. Recently they banned motorbikes because those individual kilings were happening in motorbike.

A false sense of security. Their plan succeeded. They wanted foreign casualties and they wanted press. They got both. Anyone can walk into these restaurants and most of time u will see 1 or two foreigners...

Airport would be a secured area in the way u are defining....or areas around embassies.

This really does not bode well for Bangladesh and for business. Ppl, specially those with family, will start to get out of the country i think.

You can say these type of things can happen anywhere but it's different in Bangladesh because there is a targeted group. Who wants to live in a country where you are targeted like that? I certainly wont.

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 06:46 AM
This is a story of inaction. Failing to connect events, failing to gather inteligence on funding, training facilities. Failing to understand the true motivation, failing to profile these killers so the community understands and builds resistance.

The events that unfolded in Singapore where so many Bangladeshi extremists were caught what did they say? They said they were sending money to bangladesh to fund these groups so that they topple our government. The signals and dangers signs are there if people paid attention and not shift blame to score political points. We are dealing with a new kind of enemy that we never dealt before. Rest of the world has but not BD security forces. We need the right people, the right equipment the right training to have a competent mechanism to resist the threat. Right now when one tragedy has unfolded we are seeing an attack on preist happening elsewhere. How large is this f-ing network?

dolcevita
July 2, 2016, 08:14 AM
Unapproved by Mod ...

Thank you, I did not wanted to hurt people's religious feeling so I abstained myself from answering him.

Enlighten education (developing people's ability of "critical thinking") is one of the key mid / long term solution against any form of extremism or alienation.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's religious feeling, if it is the case, then I beg your pardon.

Ajfar
July 2, 2016, 10:22 AM
I'm requesting to everyone, please do not respond to Shamim, dolcevita and Vepu's post and turn this thread into a heated religious debate.

mufi_02
July 2, 2016, 10:27 AM
I guess I was wrong. In the beginning it looked like all were rescued but now we are seeing a bloody end.

This is beyond crazy. It hurts, absolutely hurts, to see BD go this way..

the govt should release info about the attackers so we can get to see who they are and how they got twisted..and skin the one alive slowly and get all info. No mercy necessary.

iDumb
July 2, 2016, 10:49 AM
I'm requesting to everyone, please do not respond to Shamim, dolcevita and Vepu's post and turn this thread into a heated religious debate.

No one will fall for those.

This is a national tragedy with many consequences. Sometimes you have to sit back and just reflect on life. Some people just do not know how to react I guess.

Most of us are Bangladeshis here and this is too close to home to be bickering on the nets specially on dumb comments.

Ajfar
July 2, 2016, 11:01 AM
No one will fall for those.

This is a national tragedy with many consequences. Sometimes you have to sit back and just reflect on life. Some people just do not know how to react I guess.

Most of us are Bangladeshis here and this is too close to home to be bickering on the nets specially on dumb comments.

I hope you are right. Within few hours, these losers hurt so many innocent families and completely changed the perspective of Bangladesh world wide. I hope and pray we are not going down the same road as Pakistan.

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2016, 11:31 AM
I only wish I was in the restaurant. To fight fire you have to fight with fire. These uninformed have no clue what true Islam represent. If they quote you quran you quote them quran. If they try to use weapon you use what ever means necessary and make it a weapon. Even a Pen an be a weapon. They are not prepared to handle retaliation at the heat of the moment.

anon4567
July 2, 2016, 01:34 PM
They killed a girl as young as 18. She was an Indian national studying at UC Berkeley. There were two Bangladeshi American students who were around 19-20 also studying for their undergrad degree at Emory University who were also killed. They were from very influential families. One of the victims grandfather was the chairperson of Transcom, a large firm in Bangladesh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3671369/American-student-20-people-hacked-death-Bangladesh-ISIS-terrorists-spared-recite-Koran-armored-troops-moved-in.html

They were all mercilessly butchered. I agree with Mufi_02, if they do have someone in custody, he should be tortured. Where did these militants get their training from? Are there terrorist training camps here in Bangladesh? This was a carefully plotted attack- so who was the mastermind behind the siege? We need all that info.

I get angry and disgusted looking at their photos smiling, as if they made their parents and country very proud.

Ajfar
July 2, 2016, 02:07 PM
Government is already out protecting their own interest. Still trying to sell that same lie that this attack has no relation to ISIS. The longer they keep ignoring the the root of the problem, the more time they will have to spread their network within our border.

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2016, 03:45 PM
If they had these weapons, (cheap models) then why did they use Machette?

Who has financed? Get those snakes.

simon
July 2, 2016, 03:48 PM
Government is already out protecting their own interest. Still trying to sell that same lie that this attack has no relation to ISIS. The longer they keep ignoring the the root of the problem, the more time they will have to spread their network within our border.

How do you know this attack has relation with ISIS ?

simon
July 2, 2016, 03:54 PM
If they had these weapons, (cheap models) then why did they use Machette?

Who has financed? Get those snakes.

They used machette to not let the cops know they are killing them inside, if they used guns the cops would know the hostages are getting killed.
Also for these deshi terrorists slaughtering has a greater significance.

Habib
July 2, 2016, 05:14 PM

Doesn't matter in the end. There are terrorists in the country - that's what matters.

Anik SH
July 2, 2016, 05:17 PM
Most of the terrorists were from high profile rich families.(English Medium Students). Also seeing their fb profiles, they looked so smart, you know rich boys. Especially that Nibras named guy.
But some of them seems to be too Religious.. (common among Islamic Terrorists)

mufi_02
July 2, 2016, 05:24 PM
Most of the terrorists were from high profile rich families.(English Medium Students). Also seeing their first profiles, they looked so smart, you know rich boys. Especially that Nibras named guy.
But they were also into Religion too deeply..

That's why my guess is that brainwash happened on the Internet and social medias. Not your typical madrasa guys in small towns or villages..

That's why govt should also monitor online activities and block all such sites.

Roey Haque
July 2, 2016, 05:24 PM
Source please? ^ @ Mufi and Anik. Thanks.

We took WAY too long. You cannot appease these terrorists. And you have to stop defending Islam. Be Muslims, that's cool. But Islam has some truly horrific verses in the Hadith that breed hate. These terrorists are just as Islamic as you are. Someone said something about addressing the root of the issue here. Well, that will require two things:

1) Admit that we are facing a new type of enemy never faced before,i.e., ISIS.
2) Admit, that they are motivated by Islam. Which is a very convenient dual religion. Dual in the sense that its scriptures have both peaceful and hateful text in it. And both are right, according to Islam.

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2016, 06:07 PM
Most of the terrorists were from high profile rich families.(English Medium Students). Also seeing their fb profiles, they looked so smart, you know rich boys. Especially that Nibras named guy.
Too religious people cannot be terrorists. They would become humble and gracious.

Misguided ones who are not religious, who don't want to know from right and wrong, who don't read the meaning of the Quran and don't try to understand the meaning and reasons, who allow themselves to be manipulated, who are weak minded become terrorist.

Ajfar
July 2, 2016, 06:09 PM

Simon bhai all the signs are there that this was a deliberate attack by extremist in the name of religion to spread hate and fear. I was just trying to point out that there are extremists in our country, whether they are part of ISIS or inspired by ISIS it doesn't matter. If our government keeps playing the usual, "birodhi dol", than the real culprits are not under the scanner and they get more time to spread their roots inside our country.

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2016, 06:25 PM
....Plus, why our RAB or police force couldn't operate this rescue operation?

Seems like we need to call our army for everything.Our police force is not trained to handle situation like this. Nor their numbers are big enough to control a situation like this.

Our fire service is not trained to handle any type of catastrophe.

Our paramedic can't even move in a traffic jam.

The city population is too much for whatever, infra structure we have.
+++
Without Army boots the citizens don't feel like moving their rear. This Army has been crippled by the Admin. Usually Army shouldn't need permission to storm and defuse a threat. That process/protocol was blocked by so called Matha Mota politicians.

9pm if the hostage situation news came out, by 10pm Army should have taken the command of that situation rather than RAB/Police. They shouldn't had to wait for someone else or to get a clearance to storm the café. Tactical Blunder one and two.
+++
The third Blunder is Media crew. You can take as much footage you can but do not feed it live. store it or help the authorities. :down:
+++
With so densely populated, with such disregard for laws (all citizens), with such inept untrained police force; Without Army, controlling a situation like this only happens in a fool's paradise.

Equinox
July 2, 2016, 06:28 PM
If the social media speculation is correct then I am shocked. I had mutual friends with this Nibras kid, including a former close friend I went to school with who went to university in Malaysia with him and therefore photos of them together popped up on my news feed multiple times and I remember checking out this Nibras's profile. This is just unreal. How can these kids with this kind of upbringing kill so brutally and mercilessly? It seems that facebook has taken down his profile which only adds fuel to the speculation. And also his number of friends went down by a few hundred just before his account got taken down. I guess people realised it's him and wanted to disassociate themselves from him.

Equinox
July 2, 2016, 06:52 PM

We took WAY too long. You cannot appease these terrorists. And you have to stop defending Islam. Be Muslims, that's cool. But Islam has some truly horrific verses in the Hadith that breed hate. These terrorists are just as Islamic as you are. Someone said something about addressing the root of the issue here. Well, that will require two things:

2) Admit, that they are motivated by Islam. Which is a very convenient dual religion. Dual in the sense that its scriptures have both peaceful and hateful text in it. And both are right, according to Islam.
Thank you. I agree that a heated religious debate is not what's needed right now but if people are going to try and portray Islam as this all peaceful, pacifist religion in this thread then others have the right to challenge that narrative as well. Islam is violent like most other religions and prescribes some horrible things which you can no longer deny acts as motivation at least in part for these kind of acts. You may want to dilly-dally around and talk about context but the fact is it's there. If that's your religion and you believe in it that's fine but don't feign ignorance or act naive and try and present it as something it's not and insult others' intelligence.

Anik SH
July 2, 2016, 06:54 PM
Too religious people cannot be terrorists. They would become humble and gracious.

Misguided ones who are not religious, who don't want to know from right and wrong, who don't read the meaning of the Quran and don't try to understand the meaning and reasons, who allow themselves to be manipulated, who are weak minded become terrorist.

May be they were not very religiously educated. But they obviously were intereseted into religion. Don't forget they claim they are fighting for 'one religion'. Agree or don't agree they think they are doing RIGHT and going to Behesth. These kids were obviously weak minded. And these kids were smart like modern youth but I have seen pattern of posting religious staffs. Or saying 'Earthquakes are warning signs of Allah or Wrath of almighty'. They obviously had religious ego. That Fahim kid who was crossfired few days ago was also very religious and regularly used to attend mosque namaz.
I am not saying religious prople will more likely devert to terrorism. But those who are wrongly informed and are overly sensitive towards religion.

brockley
July 2, 2016, 07:45 PM
Just a shame for those Isis that died,no virgins in heaven.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 2, 2016, 08:58 PM
That's why my guess is that brainwash happened on the Internet and social medias. Not your typical madrasa guys in small towns or villages..

That's why govt should also monitor online activities and block all such sites.

Not possible... terrorists use Darknet

tonmoy.dhaka
July 2, 2016, 08:59 PM

not gonna happen... world is full of apologists... they dont even realise that they are the real problem..

tonmoy.dhaka
July 2, 2016, 09:12 PM
collected
সন্ত্রাসের কোনো ধর্ম নেই৷ তবে সন্ত্রাসীর ধর্ম আছে৷ সেই ধর্মের নাম ইসলাম৷ যতই সেটা প্রকৃত ইসলাম না বলে আপনি হাত ধুয়ে ফেলতে চান না কেন, সন্ত্রাসীর কাছে সেটাই প্রকৃত ইসলাম৷ আপনার ইসলামের জন্য আপনি কি করতে পারেন জানি না৷ তবে তার ইসলামের জন্য সে জান নিতে পারে দিতেও পারে৷ সেই জান দেয়া এবং নেয়ার মাঝেই তার এবং তার ইসলামের মঙ্গল নিহিত আছে সেটা সে মনে প্রাণে বিশ্বাস করে৷ এই সহজ সত্যিটুকু যতদিন সহজ ভাষায় স্বীকার না করতে পারবেন ততদিন পর্যন্ত আপনার আর তাদের মাঝে পার্থক্য তেমন নেই৷
ঘরের মাঝে এত্ত বড় একটা হাতি আছে৷ এই হাতি আমার না, আমার না বলে দিনরাত চিক্কুর দিয়ে সব শক্তি শেষ করে ফেলছেন৷ আর সেই হাতি খেদানোর জন্য সামান্য শক্তিও ব্যয় করছেন না৷ দিনরাত এটা আমার হাতি না, আমার হাতি না বলে চিৎকার করে গেলেও মনের গভীরে ঠিকই আপনি আশা নিয়ে বসে আছেন, আরে না রে, এই হাতি আমাকে মারবে না রে৷ হাতি আপনার না কিন্তু আপনি যে ঠিকই হাতির হয়ে বসে আছেন৷

Jadukor
July 2, 2016, 09:54 PM
http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/906769/সাতক্ষীরায়-পুরোহিত-ও-কিশোরগঞ্জে-সেবায়েতকে-হত্যার

While the gulshan attack was going on... another team attacked in Shatkhira. This is what scares me. How many jihadists are we dealing with here?

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 01:30 AM
Shob north south scholasticar polapain. From affluent families. All went missing from families. We need to find their friends and figure out who else is missing. The families need to come forward and report their missing teens so that we can stop a future attack like these.

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 01:52 AM
^ They were missing not because they were kidnapped, but because they willingly joined terrorist training camps- whether it was in Bangladesh or overseas is something we need to find out immediately. People are being taught to use automatic weapons and grenades in there FFS, IS in Bangladesh will relocate this quickly if they know one of the attackers were caught. Time is of the essence here.

A group of people have really p*ssed me off this morning, as they are going on rants on how "cute" and "innocent" Nibras Islam and all these other terrorist "kids" looked, almost to the level that they have a crush on him now. I remember a similar thing happened right after the Boston bombings with the terrorist there.

They all looked like they were adults in their mid-late 20s. Even if they were brainwashed like everyone is claiming they let it happen to themselves- they made a decision to join IS, knowing full well what IS does, they were not forced to do it they are not children here. They were from rich families, educated in expensive private English medium schools and private universities in Bangladesh. Nibras was attending Monash University in Malaysia, a branch of a prestigious Australian university.

They were fully aware of what they were doing- and what they did is literally slaughter innocent men and women like animals- some as young as 18-20 without any mercy.

Sorry, I do not sympathize with the killers or their friends and family. They have disgraced them all, along with our nation. If I had the authority, I would not even let them have a funeral/ janaza and a burial anywhere in Bangladesh.

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 02:13 AM
Who said anything about kidnapped?

ahnaf
July 3, 2016, 02:36 AM
May be they were not very religiously educated. But they obviously were intereseted into religion. Don't forget they claim they are fighting for 'one religion'. Agree or don't agree they think they are doing RIGHT and going to Behesth. These kids were obviously weak minded. And these kids were smart like modern youth but I have seen pattern of posting religious staffs. Or saying 'Earthquakes are warning signs of Allah or Wrath of almighty'. They obviously had religious ego. That Fahim kid who was crossfired few days ago was also very religious and regularly used to attend mosque namaz.
I am not saying religious prople will more likely devert to terrorism. But those who are wrongly informed and are overly sensitive towards religion.

They may be educated in general but certainly not religiously. Most of the blame for this goes to parents. They never bother, not even in the slightest to make an effort so that their child have sound knowledge of islam and Quran. They are done with teaching them how to pray and how to fast that's it. They will loose their life so that he/she does good academically but not even gonna bother to know what's he is doing religiously. All they learn is from hearing from that person or that maulana. So when they hear some crocked version of some ayath from Quran they believe it.

Plus, 99 percent of these people who goes to extreme way are all what you can call opportunistic. They spent all their life away from all kind islamic regulations but still badly want to go to heaven. So when they are given a chance (what they choose to believe )to go heaven by just committing one single act they accept it gladly. They are told forget everything you have done or what you are gonna do, just do this or that act and you will go straight to jannat.

Lastly, about english vs bangla medium. It's just my own opinion. As i already told before most of parents doesn't care if you have gained proper religious knowledge as long as you how to pray salah or how to fast or as long as you have recite some ayath from quran (which they have no idea what it means). But at least people coming from bangla medium always had a subject related to one's religion. So in one way or other they have some basic idea of their religion which student coming from english medium doesn't have (correct me if i wrong).So they are more easier to turn into a extremist. I might be wrong about the last part as i don't have any idea of curriculum of English medium.

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 02:48 AM
Who said anything about kidnapped?

Some people on Facebook, said at least one of the attackers were believed to have been missing for 3 months before the attack, again no proof, just anecdotal evidence as quite a few people posted that. So, some speculated they forced him to become a terrorist, which to me seems unlikely. They left on their own to get training.

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 02:58 AM
EDIT: NVM, actually they did.

This was a footage from when they finally barged in.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdu ckkyu.hwang.3%2Fvideos%2F1767218403516099%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

NoName
July 3, 2016, 02:58 AM
The way they've been smiling in those pictures make me doubt they were forced. Their smiles look genuine and that of pride, extremely disturbing. Goes to show the absurd levels of brain-washing they employ.

NoName
July 3, 2016, 03:03 AM
The SWAT team should have handled the whole situation, clearly our country's SWAT isn't qualified enough to handle a moderately large hostage situation. A video recently surfaced, showing how they barged into the bakery with two tanks, not armed officers to incapacitate the assailants with stun grenades, which is stupid. It is almost as if no one wanted to risk their life for their own country. Shows how incompetent our LEA are in comparison to the West.

Do we even have a proper SWAT team? If I'm not mistaken, Indians also called in the military to deal with terrorists during the Mumbai siege, and Pakistan also called in theirs when their airport and military school was under siege/attack.

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 03:42 AM
Doesnt matter who we call but we cannot take 11hours to take terrorists out. The killing was limited to 20 because there were 20 and not because our security forces intervened. The terrorist had the whole night to torture people while we waited for some swat team to arrive. We didnt do anything besides forming a barricadr around the area. What about gasing the place? What about snipers taking them out? Taking power out and moving in with Infrared weapons? Using drones for surveilance? We need those kind of equipment and capabilities. Our decision making needs to be by the minute. I mean this is going on for one whole year so why werent there any preparation especially for areas frequented by foreigners?

NoName
July 3, 2016, 03:47 AM
Doesnt matter who we call but we cannot take 11hours to take terrorists out. The killing was 20 because there were 20 and not becausr our security forces intervened. The terrorist had the whole night to torture people while we waited for some swat team to arrive. I mean this is going on for one whole year so why werent there any preparation especially for areas frequented by foreigners?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was due to waiting for instructions and permission from inept higher-ups (ministers etc.)

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 03:59 AM
What about gasing the place? What about snipers taking them out? Taking power out and moving in with Infrared weapons? Using drones for surveilance? We need those kind of equipment and capabilities. Our decision making needs to be by the minute. I mean this is going on for one whole year so why werent there any preparation especially for areas frequented by foreigners?

Exactly! There were so many apartments in the area, it would have been extremely easy for them to set up snipers at least, which I don't think they even did.

We waited too long, regardless. I would understand if they held hostages and were negotiating- but they did not even try to negotiate.

Banglatiger84
July 3, 2016, 05:50 AM
Lost hope, so many comments on FB from Bangladeshis living abroad talking about this being staged. Some talking about Mossad, others saying because the attackers were from English medium background, it cannot be isis, as if they are relieved ISIS cannot be blamed

Anik SH
July 3, 2016, 06:29 AM
Lost hope, so many comments on FB from Bangladeshis living abroad talking about this being staged. Some talking about Mossad, others saying because the attackers were from English medium background, it cannot be isis, as if they are relieved ISIS cannot be blamed

Same here in Bangladesh.
Also I have seen 'happy' comments in the comment box under news of that death Indian girl just coz she's Indian. And we want support from Edens Gardens..huh. hypocrite.

mufi_02
July 3, 2016, 07:10 AM

Check the Daily Star homepage. They have profiles for some of them. Apparently few of them are from scholastica or other eng medium schools and one of them is a son of a politician (party irrelevant)..

And people who are going by fb comments. We all know we have plenty of idiots in the country. And in the world as well. Go to Fox, yahoo, breitbart comment pages. You won't believe the things you hear from them as well. Internet is an extremely filthy place.

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 07:35 AM
Government keeps saying there is no IS in bd. What does it even mean? Do they mean there are no foreign fighters? I mean what difference does it make if the ideology, the nature of the attack, the target of the attack is the same? So tired of this bullcrap

tonmoy.dhaka
July 3, 2016, 09:13 AM
Government keeps saying there is no IS in bd. What does it even mean? Do they mean there are no foreign fighters? I mean what difference does it make if the ideology, the nature of the attack, the target of the attack is the same? So tired of this bullcrap

We bengalis are spineless... our government is making a mockery of themselves and Bangladesh is general..

Guys , once you are done praying for Dhaka, please use the remaining time to do something useful, find a way to stop the spread of hatred through religion. Otherwise very soon you will again be praying for a new set of victims...

ahnaf
July 3, 2016, 09:56 AM
The very same thing what i said on my earlier post

Here's a look at what the Al Qaeda training manual says about recruiting:

Extremists seek out non-religious people.
From the manual: "You should take precautions against the religious people whom you invite, because maybe they will reject the da'wa (invitation) and end up being the reason for our defeat."

ISIS looks to manipulate those who are vulnerable and searching for meaning in their lives. Those who don't know much about Islam can be easier to indoctrinate and less likely to push back on what they're told.

The manual says nonreligious Muslim youths are preferred: "This is because you will be the one to guide him (i.e., this nonreligious Muslim) to the right path; and you can choose who you want to be with you in your brigade, God willing. This sector (contains candidates) without limit, especially the youths, who are the safest people (for recruitment), and all praise be to Allah. However, we must be careful, too."

Full article

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-manual-al-qaeda-and-now-isis-use-to-brainwash-people-online-2015-7

bujhee kom
July 3, 2016, 10:26 AM
May the Lord rest in peace all the innocent slain/victims by the unspeakable Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) associated terrorists.

I despise the quiet and shameless Daesh sympathizers in Bangladesh. They themselves are filthy criminals. Daesh is a rapist, murderers of the innocents, coward organization. It is a gang of thugs. A cartel of ZERO moral and ethics. They do these crimes for shear sick pleasure.
May Allah, our Lord, the Creator of everything known and unknown imprison these thugs, rapists and murderers in the most miserable state of mind in this life and the one after.

A lot of Bangladeshis, including a lot from my own family have zero ethics, morals, essence of any spirituality and any love (or fear) for their Lord. They sin all their lives and then they go to Mecca and Medina in the name of Hajj, while they conduct business in the Masjid Al-Ha-ram, and believe they BOUGHT their tickets to heaven. They THINK they can buy the Lord's forgiveness at the end of their filthy lives by performing a false Hajj and growing beards and coloring them orange! They are completely devoid of souls and utterly disgust me.

Our government in Bangladesh is a symbol of shame. They will deny that this terrorist attack or all the previous ones are any way ISIS connected and paint them with conspiracy committed by their political oppositions. Maybe other political groups in Bangladesh are associated with these attacks/violence, but to deny the existence and presence of AL-Qaeda and Daesh activists in Bangladesh is only to secure the government's own political agenda. What a disgusting act by the ruling party. I expected far better from you, not this. The criminals/terrorists took smiling photographs of themselves with DAESH/ISIL official flag behind them. Thus they are ISIS/ISIL. And ISIL already clamed the responsibility over and over again. What else do you want? A few official ISIL delegates to come to Bangladesh and visit the site?

We ever wonder what the DGFI (Directorate General Forces and Intelligence) does? What is its job?
What has the NSI (National Security Intelligence) been doing? What is their job?
Do these two agencies ever answer to the people for their ineptness, their incompetence, their lack of action ever?

Gulshan or any area in Dhaka is never secured. They never were. Except for (maybe) the cantonment military base areas.
The U.S. State Dept. (Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs) and we all know that our country and Dhaka is extremely impoverished. A few of these checkpoints on Gulshan Avenue with a a few armed police do not stretch far. A little bit of money can get you through every door. My father lives five blocks from the Holey Artisan Bakery, and my mother and sister's grave sites are 10 blocks away. I know how things work around the neighborhood.

Regarding why the Army did not intervene early or burst into the bakery on a rescue mission on their own: Bangladesh is NOT a military run country, at least no more. On such a mission/action the order has to come from the head of state. Then the Army can enter and start shooting the filth and start making an effort to rescue the hostages.

For DAESH ignorant fool thugs: What do Japanese civilians have to do with Crusade? They never even invaded any Moslem country.

By the way, I am extremely sad to say that this is just the beginning. The beginning of the end of our humanity (BD).

bujhee kom
July 3, 2016, 11:04 AM
Like my beloved AsifthemanRahman of BC used to say, "We humans are all inherently evil" - word of the wise, so very true, Asif you are. No religion, no holy book, and God will not turn an evil into an aura of kindness or good. The compassion, empathy - aka good has to come from within. Yes, some people can and do change for better or for worse in their lifetime. But the desire, the attempt, the effort have to come from deep inside. It's a feeling. It's a choice, it's your choice.

The Quran does not make humans evil, the evil ones are already evil and already in action. The Holy book and the flag are just paraphernalia. A form of self legitimization.
This will sound very arrogant, but I guess today, it doesn't really matter, I do not have a beard. And I read and try to follow the holy Quran, and the DAESH terroristas read the holy Quran or at least the infidels pretend to. How come we are so different.

About most of the world's mainstream religions:
When Jesus Christ (PBUH), one of mankind's greatest, one of the most pacifist, kindest and forgiving - why in the name of Christianity, millions of so called Christians(certain groups of the fuming Southern Baptists) follow the Old Testament (brutal, eye for an eye one), not the New Testament (the kind, pacifist one, live poor and give all your earthly belongings away, the one that talks more about the life Jesus Christ (PBUH)). It's a human choice.

Judaism - Passover: 'God' shall protect the chosen one's first born if you stain your door with animal blood at night, and your first born will not be killed. 'Death' shall 'pass over' (skip) your your door and spare your child and kill the children of the 'Egyptians' -(The Old Testament).
And then today we the settlers can carry legal weapons to crush and push the Palestinians from their own home. Because the Palestinians are not the chosen ones, thus they are the evil Pharaohs, or for better words, the sub-humans?
These are against the core concept of Judaism. As a man of true Jewish faith, you shall not kill and must not kill.

Hinduism: The religion, the scriptures and the philosophy that I have the greatest respect and passion for - from where the modern men found inspirations to accept all living beings as one and understood the idea of harmony, how come the ShivSenas and some BJP followers destroy another human in the name of religion.

Or even the Thai and Myanmar Monks assault Rohingyas and burn their homes just because they are not follower of Buddhism. The Sidharta Gautama Buddha (PBUH) would be disgusted by those hateful fools' actions.

All gays, atheists, agnostics, non-practicing/non-religious, and religious, pious - we are all God's children.

captain_thinking_tank
July 3, 2016, 11:17 AM
:up:May the Lord rest in peace all the innocent slain/victims by the unspeakable Daesh(ISIS/ISIL) associated terrorists.

I despise the quiet and shameless Daesh sympathizers in Bangladesh. They themselves are filthy criminals. Daesh is a rapist, murdering of the innocents, coward organization. It is a gang of thugs. A cartel of ZERO moral and ethics. They do these crimes for shear sick pleasure.
May Allah, our Lord, the Creator of everything known and unknown imprison these thugs, rapists and murderers in the most miserable state of mind in the this life and the one after.

A lot of Bangladeshis, including a lot from my own family have zero ethics, morals, essence of any spirituality and any love (or fear) for their Lord. They sin all their lives and then they go to Mecca and Medina in the name of Hajj, while they consult business in the Masjid Al-Ha-ram, and believe they BOUGHT their tickets to heaven. They THINK they can buy the Lord's forgiveness at the end of their filthy lives by performing a false Hajj and growing beard and coloring them orange! They are completely devoid of souls and utterly disgust me.

Our government in Bangladesh is a symbol of shame. They will deny that this terrorist attack or all the previous ones are anyway ISIS connected and paint them with conspiracy committed by their political oppositions. Maybe other political groups in Bangladesh are associated with these attacks/violence, but to deny the existence and presence of AL-Qaeda and Daesh activists in Bangladesh is only to secure the government's own political agenda. What a disgusting act by the ruling party. I expected far better from you, not this. The criminals/terrorists took smiling photographs of them with DAESH/ISIL official flag behind them. Thus they are ISIS/ISIL/ And ISIL clamed the responsibility. What else do you want? A few official ISIL delegates to come to Bangladesh and visit the site?

We ever wonder what the DGFI (Directorate General Forces and Intelligence) does? What is it's job?
What has been the NSI (National Security Intelligence) doing? What is their job?
Do these two agencies ever answer to the people for their ineptness, their incompetence, their lack of action ever?

Gulshan or any area in Dhaka is secured. They never were. The U.S. State Dept. (Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs) and we all know that our country and Dhaka is extremely impoverished. A few of these checkpoints on Gulshan Avenue with a a few armed police do not stretch far. A little bit of money can get you through every door. My father lives five blocks from the Holey Artisan Bakery and my mother and sister's grave sites are 10 blocks away. I know how things work around the neighborhood.

Regarding why the Army did not intervene early or burst into Bakery on a rescue mission on their own: Bangladesh is NOT a military run country, at least no more. On such a mission/action the order has to come from the head of state. Then the Army can enter and start shooting the filth and start making an effort to rescue the hostages.

For DAESH ignorant fool thugs: What do Japanese civilians have to do with Crusade? They never invaded any Moslem country.

By the way, I am extremely sad to say that this is just the beginning. The begining of the end of our humanity.

Top post :up:
You

mufi_02
July 3, 2016, 11:55 AM
And one of the guy was dancing with shraddha kapoor (Bollywood actress) some time back in some Bollywood event.

They found picture in his fb page.

They should reform scholastica and eng medium culture first. And I'm saying this as the one who has gone through and graduated from this system and lived and breathed through the culture. But many of us won't admit it Coz then we have to criticize and reevaluate our own system. While its easier to blame some poor dari topi wala madrasa kids.

These are one of the most clueless identity confused subculture.

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 12:08 PM
Amader intelligence agencyr kono intelligence asey boila mone hoina. Singapore is now obsessed with their counter terrorism capabilities and they are channelling a lot of funds there. We had one whole year of escalating incidents and what we did was put 13000 useless people in jail. Last terrorist that got cross fired the police didnt even get his name right. His relatives called him a different name which was widely circulated in the media. Without facebook and information shared in the public domain we would get nothing from police agencies. They said 20 foreigners were killed when in fact it was 18 with 2 bangladeshies. They would have never released the true identity of the killers but people did the job anyways. We know who these guys are and so calling them some jmb or shibir mastan and pinning blame on opposition parties is a useless exercise. WAKE up AL leaders. You have the power now so no need for political points. BNP is too weak and finished. So drop the old habbit and just be genuine for once as a government. Admit we have a problem and go after these terrorists. Do something please!!! The people needs good leadership now more than ever.

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 12:11 PM
English medium vs Bangla medium jhogra is the most idiotic thing one can do right now as Bangladesies. Last thing we need is to create more divisions.

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2016, 12:27 PM
Jadukor,
It took time because of

1) Inept Police went in without any plan on a hostage situation. May be he didn't know it was a hostage situation or an organized attack. That death put things in to fear mode.

2) RAB head needs to be fired. Establishing negotiation???? Did you even make any contact? Lies?

3) Admin getting permission. This is the most crippled form of Govt. I am sure they had to get permission from PM. She in a statement said we sat at a round table and made the decision to go in. My lady, the job was already done by then. Sorry!!!!
++++
Why wasn't the electricity and internet cutoff within minutes? How could they upload pictures?

PoorFan
July 3, 2016, 12:39 PM
My wild guess ...

Last year, Bangladesh has become "Strategic Partner" with Japan, and soon after with China as well, and of course with US previously. Obviously, we don't know very detail [terms and conditions] of these partnership, but we can imagine that the partnership is an agreement between countries, and its not just business as usual, rather working together or tacking necessary actions when needed for mutual interest on business, security as well as geopolitical.

To protect billion dollars of long term investment, it requires joint work when necessary, on security, stability or potential threat against mutual interest. Existence of ISIS activity is an internationally recognized threat to anyone in the world, and accepting this as reality might open up the gate of foreign involvement, interference in every aspect of security policy and action. This could be the reason behind BD govt continuous denial on ISIS existence, as long as they can sell it as home grown terrorists which I somewhat agree with. If we follow US ambassador to Bangladesh's eagerness of "support" on this issue over and over again, we can see it as evidence.

Nevertheless, when its clear to all of us that these terrorists acts in Bangladesh may have some links with ISIS, but the blatant denial of the govt must have some reason behind it, even though, locally they are blaming opposition political party for local political interest.

PoorFan
July 3, 2016, 12:46 PM
++++
Why wasn't the electricity and internet cutoff within minutes? How could they upload pictures?

Above needs to be answered, looking forward to hear from those inepts in charge.

iDumb
July 3, 2016, 01:01 PM
While its easier to blame some poor dari topi wala madrasa kids.

heh.

For many years I had thought this website had really intelligent people but I think it was actually very few members that made it look good, who seldom post anyore. Some of the things I read here are no better than below average youtube comments. Just too much noise.... Something happens, pointing fingers/hatred is the first reaction.

People are really DUMB and IGNORANT (yes inability to think or having outside world experience is ignorance - sharadin computer e boisha khali pagoler moto chillachilli kora onek shoja ).

iDumb
July 3, 2016, 01:06 PM
:up:

Top post :up:
You

BK always come up with just the right dose in a post when he wants to. THumbs up!

RazabQ
July 3, 2016, 01:26 PM
Seriously? Some of you think it's an English Medium issue??? Good Lord! Orphy is right.
Dude, as Reza Aslan so accurately put it, people take from religion what they want of it. KKK used to use Christianity to justify abuse of Black folks in USA. IRA used Catholicism to bomb Northern Irelanders. Buddhists in Myanmar and in Sri Lanka use their faith to coalesce around murdering others (Rohinga, Tamils). And these ISIS $@$%^^ are using the violent pieces of a religion (they exist in every holy book) to justify whatever warped agenda they have.

Back when Shabhag movement was happening, I was labelled a nobbo rajakar on this website because I said, amongst other things, that a perceived corruption of the legal system that disproportionately targeted Mulla types and a demand to band all religious parties (by secularists) would unfortunately strengthen the narrative that "Bangladeshi sushil shomaj and government is anti-Islam". I pointed out that our priorities ought to be elsewhere. I even gave the example of IRA to say that this may lead to a rise in terrorism. Never have I been so hurt to have been proven right. There is still time. We need healthy opposition parties in Bangladesh, including those who have views that are vile to you and me. We need people to be able to criticize government and disparage Shohids. We need accountability of our RAB. And we need to, while maintaining our equal treatment of all religions and the non-religious, give some lip service to us having a LARGE number of people professing to be Muslims. I close this post with the following example: I personally am indifferent to the constitution of BD having Bismillah. Kotha noy, kaaje secularism. But how do you think it's removal by the present government from the preamble, played out to the wanna-by-martyrs? And was that tradeoff worth it?

mufi_02
July 3, 2016, 01:32 PM
Eng / bang medium boli nai. But I've seen many kids from well off families getting easily twisted. They lack a strong sense of culture...And it frustrates me. Anyway it was a poor analogy.

Jadukor bhai is right. Last thing we need is more divisions. This is a not a this medium that medium fight. It's not AL vs BNP fight. It's a fight between humanity and extremism. Between normal people and scums of the earth.

Donal C
July 3, 2016, 01:48 PM
Seriously? Some of you think it's an English Medium issue??? Good Lord! Orphy is right.
Dude, as Reza Aslan so accurately put it, people take from religion what they want of it. KKK used to use Christianity to justify abuse of Black folks in USA. IRA used Catholicism to bomb Northern Irelanders. Buddhists in Myanmar and in Sri Lanka use their faith to coalesce around murdering others (Rohinga, Tamils). And these ISIS $@$%^^ are using the violent pieces of a religion (they exist in every holy book) to justify whatever warped agenda they have.

Back when Shabhag movement was happening, I was labelled a nobbo rajakar on this website because I said, amongst other things, that a perceived corruption of the legal system that disproportionately targeted Mulla types and a demand to band all religious parties (by secularists) would unfortunately strengthen the narrative that "Bangladeshi sushil shomaj and government is anti-Islam". I pointed out that our priorities ought to be elsewhere. I even gave the example of IRA to say that this may lead to a rise in terrorism. Never have I been so hurt to have been proven right. There is still time. We need healthy opposition parties in Bangladesh, including those who have views that are vile to you and me. We need people to be able to criticize government and disparage Shohids. We need accountability of our RAB. And we need to, while maintaining our equal treatment of all religions and the non-religious, give some lip service to us having a LARGE number of people professing to be Muslims. I close this post with the following example: I personally am indifferent to the constitution of BD having Bismillah. Kotha noy, kaaje secularism. But how do you think it's removal by the present government from the preamble, played out to the wanna-by-martyrs? And was that tradeoff worth it?

Not correct at all. The conflict in NI may have fallen generally on Catholic vs Protestant lines but it was mostly a Nationalist vs Unionist conflict, not a single terrorist attack committed by the IRA was done in the name of Catholicism or God or anything except a united Ireland. I see a lot of people making this mistake but as someone who studied it in secondary school its not the case, although I can see why confusion exists.

There have been some fantastic posts in this thread I must say, Bangladeshis at least from my online experience are much more level headed in religious debates I find. Dunno if it transfers to BD society but if it does then you gotta act seriously fast to destroy this mentality before it gains a foothold among people who then silently approve of or do nothing to prevent the rise of these groups.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 3, 2016, 02:28 PM

I will just comment on the bolded part for now...
Why do you think most countries do not negotiate with the terrorist even knowing full well that in some cases the innocents will die as a direct consequence?
You cannot reason with these people, you cannot have things done their way. You cannot give into their demand, because in future they will demand more.

Finally since you are all FOR criticism, so I hope you will also agree with people having the right to critisize the violent verses of Islam (which exist by your own admission)..... There needs to be proper dialogue between all groups (religious and non religious entity) and every one must unite to tackle against this terrorism. Instead of calling each other Kafers or idiots.

simon
July 3, 2016, 02:31 PM
I hve a question , no I have two.
For my question's sake let's assume it was totally done by ISIS.

Q.1. Is BD govmnt denying there is IS for national or political interests or denying because there is no strong evidence of IS in BD ?

Q.2. What are the goods and the bads are we expecting if BD govmnt declares there is ISIS in BD ?

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 02:32 PM
Overall we have seen the Bangladeshi Police being completely useless throughout the entirety of the event. So called rescue Op failed to save a single foreigner or expat, and according to accounts of several survivors the rest had been spared already after the initial murders, and at least 3 people managed escape right before/ during the siege (including an Argentine chef). And at least 7 people were freed right before the army stormed in (see more videos from the user whose earlier Facebook video I have embedded on this thread).

In my opinion this was a complete failure from our LEAs, yet they shamelessly took credit for rescuing these people. I just don't see this as a large victory for our military/ police, but yet a lot of my fellow Bangladeshis applauded them after the siege ended.

This was a dark day for our nation, but we must stand strong and united against these f###ers.

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 02:40 PM
I hve a question , no I have two.
For my question's sake let's assume it was totally done by ISIS.

Q.1. Is BD govmnt denying there is IS for national or political interests or denying because there is no strong evidence of IS in BD ?

Q.2. What are the goods and the bads are we expecting if BD govmnt declares there is ISIS in BD ?

A1 - Bangladeshi government's official statement so far seem to have been the attack was committed by local militant group JMB - according to home minister. [1]

A2 - IF there is IS presence in Bangladesh and the Bangladeshi govt is ignoring this, the outcome could be very bad for our country. Investigations need to done immediately on who are organizing and funding these attacks, where are the terrorists getting firearms training from, etc. Before they have enough time to relocate.

iDumb
July 3, 2016, 03:18 PM
every one must unite to tackle against this terrorism. Instead of calling each other Kafers or idiots.

I don't think anyone called anybody kafers in this thread (you have a knack for making things up) but yes idiotic yes. While your generic comments are good, some of your deductions are very poor at best. Quran has been constant for ever. Its "violent messages" some of you are highlighting has been there for ages..that is a constant factor. So it does not explain the recent rise of violent extremism in a country where it was nonexistent and perhaps silent for years. Bangladesh mostly had political unrest. Not a single foreigner was killed up until very recently for decades. Madrasas, Imam's rhetoric whatever you call it has been there for ages as well.

Everything has to be seen through current world's geopolitics, rise of social media, spread of rapid misinformation, Branding, Brainwashing, Power hunger, education etc etc. It is very amateurish when people come and first thing they comment is against a religion or a group of people wtihtou perhaps ever dealing with them. That is ignorance.

Anyone can just say Quran is violent, Islam is a violent religion - you must achknowledge that - that seems to be what some of you are saying. Ok let's say it is acknowledged - how are you going to fix that? Convince 1.5 billion people to give up Islam and accept a more peaceful religion? Acknowledging something that is unlikely the problem will not solve anything.

It's always the reactionary comments that are annoying but understandable I suppose. Let's change the tune... First Understand the problem then fix it. Instead of saying first acknowledge the problem then fix it.

But one thing is certain, Bangladesh government needs to step up and has to up its intelligence and form multi-disciplenary/multi organizational anti-terrorism task force to tackle this new form of evil as well as form strong response team while slowly try to eradicate the problem from the country. Because as much as it hurts to say this, it seems only to be the beginning.

This criminal RAB organization at display was PATHETIC... only time when you were actually needed. You don't need the military to take down 6 barely trained gunmen.

I am unlikely to waste furhter time writing any post as these are basic common sense thoughts.. but i will be reading :)

tonmoy.dhaka
July 3, 2016, 03:43 PM
I don't think anyone called anybody kafers in this thread (you have a knack for making things up) but yes idiotic yes. While your generic comments are good, some of your deductions are very poor at best. Quran has been constant for ever. Its "violent messages" some of you are highlighting has been there for ages..that is a constant factor. So it does not explain the recent rise of violent extremism in a country where it was nonexistent and perhaps silent for years. Bangladesh mostly had political unrest. Not a single foreigner was killed up until very recently for decades. Madrasas, Imam's rhetoric whatever you call it has been there for ages as well.

Everything has to be seen through current world's geopolitics, rise of social media, spread of rapid misinformation, Branding, Brainwashing, Power hunger, education etc etc. It is very amateurish when people come and first thing they comment is against a religion or a group of people wtihtou perhaps ever dealing with them. That is ignorance.

Anyone can just say Quran is violent, Islam is a violent religion - you must achknowledge that - that seems to be what some of you are saying. Ok let's say it is acknowledged - how are you going to fix that? Convince 1.5 billion people to give up Islam and accept a more peaceful religion? Acknowledging something that is unlikely the problem will not solve anything.

It's always the reactionary comments that are annoying but understandable I suppose. Let's change the tune... First Understand the problem then fix it. Instead of saying first acknowledge the problem then fix it.

But one thing is certain, Bangladesh government needs to step up and has to up its intelligence and form multi-disciplenary/multi organizational anti-terrorism task force to tackle this new form of evil as well as form strong response team while slowly try to eradicate the problem from the country. Because as much as it hurts to say this, it seems only to be the beginning.

This criminal RAB organization at display was PATHETIC... only time when you were actually needed. You don't need the military to take down 6 barely trained gunmen.

I am unlikely to waste furhter time writing any post as these are basic common sense thoughts.. but i will be reading :)

First and foremost, I never said the word "Kafer" or "idiot" was used in this thread. Do not assume, first ask.

My views and my comments are never biased. As much as I love my parents, I would always tell them they are wrong if I feel that way. Same goes with my country or my religion. Hence you find my generic comments good but deduction poor.

The problem with Islam (according to me) is the belief that it cannot be reformed in any shape or form, it is absolute. But it is not!! In this day and age you cannot expect me to agree to "lightly beating your wife" (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/26/pakistani-husbands-can-lightly-beat-their-wives-islamic-council-says/) . ( http://quran.com/4/34 ) . So if Surah al Niisa ayat 34 means something else than please define that properly or reform it. But I know that shall never happen. There are many more like this. People had to abscond from the country because they asked these same questions. I am a believer, but I also have some personal ethics from which I shall not yeild no matter what the circumstances. However same cannot be said about the individuals who commited the act of terrorism .

iDumb
July 3, 2016, 04:15 PM
First and foremost, I never said the word "Kafer" or "idiot" was used in this thread. Do not assume, first ask.

lol I don't have to ask you anything. I think some of your posts are idiotic.

My views and my comments are never biased...blah blah
Good for you.... Now stick to the thread topic. How is your problem with Islam will solve terrorism problem in Bangladesh? Just forget it.

Someone is driving these attacks..BD govt should focus on that. It does not seems like lone ISIS inspired that sometimes you see elsewhere. Looks directed. And directed attacks has to have an agenda.

Focus on the problem..... it's like a vacuume.... all leads to bickering over religion. I really don't understand some of these comments. Maybe I am dumb.

iDumb
July 3, 2016, 04:20 PM
Reading your posts tonmoy, you sound exactly like a guy I know who used to beat his wife senseless.

Austin 3:!6
July 3, 2016, 04:36 PM
Very tragic incident and my heart goes out to all victims and fellow Bangladeshi brothers.

This ISIS scum needs to be wiped out from earth.

bujhee kom
July 3, 2016, 04:47 PM
Regarding the lack of professionalism among our law enforcement agencies: I do not know what to say or even how to say it without further insulting my own self - as our people, our law enforcement agencies, our government, after all being said and done are our own selves.

I saw on BBC and on the Guardian, two officers wearing RAB vests holding sticks (Lathis)...I know this is not the time and this is not the thread to joke about this. But man, you got grenade throwing, AKs shooting, machetes welding lunatics scumbags holding hostages inside, slaughtering them, and you have 'elite' force (Lathial Bahini) positioning outside. Our Ansars, Graam Protirokkha Bahini from the 70s are more professional than these.

And then I saw many DMP officers in Bata Sandals. I even noticed one officer wearing a pink Panjabi, unfitted white Paijama , brown sandals, a motorcycle helmet on head with Honda written on it, a RAB vest and a walkie-talkie in hand and smoking cigarette. I mean I know it was Friday, Jumma-bar, but comon!

And what the hell are all those public doing all standing around the scene, every street, every corner around the block. How come the Police didn't go Lathi-charge (baton charge) on these fools, onlookers. One guy was sitting on the edge of a sidewalk with lungi malkocha style. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some Kola-Wala, Chotpoti-wala bhaiyas already set up temporarily.

And majority of our 'journalists' are poorly educated and completely unprofessional. They act with severe lack of modesty, shame or any conscience. At a sad, sensitive site where people are losing their loved ones, they behave like vultures (with no offense to these fine creatures/birds), and act like they have not eaten in days and there is free food being distributed (the food being a little footage/coverage for their channel/station/newspaper).
Of course by any means, Isam (Dizzy) and Rabid Imam do not fall into this category. They are far above those fools. We also have great heritage and awesome record of glorious journalists that were born in our land and served our people. Like the great martyr Jahir Raihan and many other that the Pakistani Invading military and their cooperators most cowardly murdered in 1971.

Ohh also: Any statement, any decision - We will give or make tomorrow after lunch. BTW it is Ramadan, okay, tomorrow after Iftar.
And then finally, we are declaring not one day, but two days Jatiyo Shoke Dibosh. Problem solved and duty served.

RazabQ
July 3, 2016, 05:37 PM
Finally since you are all FOR criticism, so I hope you will also agree with people having the right to critisize the violent verses of Islam (which exist by your own admission)..... There needs to be proper dialogue between all groups (religious and non religious entity) and every one must unite to tackle against this terrorism. Instead of calling each other Kafers or idiots.By all means, I will defend your right to criticize my faith with everything in my power. And the whole "don't negotiate with terrorists" is a hogwash. US and other governments negotiate with Terrorists ALL the time. They don't publicise it. Pragmatism over dogma my friend.

mufi_02
July 3, 2016, 06:46 PM
@tonmoy, there are explanations for those verses (i.e also the one you quoted). But this is not the right thread and discussion.

We can discuss this in another thread if you are interested. But please don't take them/interpret them as face value or without context. Me and you are laymans and I had similar reservations like you. So I have looked them in the past and cleared the confusions.

Anyway, good question but wrong thread.

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 08:36 PM
Again police release e akash bikash dipon etc random naam dia era jmb boila chalai disey. Those names have no relation to the terrorists. Press already did the detective work and found the real names and background. The level of incompetence is just shocking

Jadukor
July 3, 2016, 08:51 PM
Prothom alo reports there is a group of 15 odd kids that are missing. Well we found 5 who carried out the attack but where are the remaining 10? We need to release photo of the remaining 10 and capture these people asap before they carry out further damage. This should be the lead that investigators should be looking to solve. Finding the remaining might expose the bigger network/training facilities.

mufi_02
July 3, 2016, 09:05 PM
^ govt shak diye mach dhakar chesta kortese..they are trying to save face. Just admit it otherwise we can't contain.

Hasina Khaleda and all parties should get united. Leave petty politics behind and save the country..

tonmoy.dhaka
July 3, 2016, 09:10 PM
Prothom alo reports there is a group of 15 odd kids that are missing. Well we found 5 who carried out the attack but where are the remaining 10? We need to release photo of the remaining 10 and capture these people asap before they carry out further damage. This should be the lead that investigators should be looking to solve. Finding the remaining might expose the bigger network/training facilities.

Some of these guys could have been easily spotted based on their social network activity. One of the terrorist of the attack had a twitter account where he followed some of the well known radical clerics (eg Anjem chowdhury).
It is not too hard to understand who might be trapped in the hands of the extremists just based on online activity.

@mufi.. Thanks brother. It is rare to get a civil response when you quote something controversial from the holy book.
I would like to take on your offer, but I will discuss this later on a private message before opening a thread. As some of the things I might ask might cause severe offence which is not my intention. Also I do not want to post something if you cannot answer since I have no intention to defame the religion.

mufi_02
July 3, 2016, 09:12 PM
One of the victim (bdeshi) was the grandson of transcom (owner of prothom alo and etc.)

He was let go Coz he was Bangladeshi but he stayed behind for his friends who were foreigners. Man I can't imagine what he was going through and ultimately died.

Other report suggests, they cut off limbs and tortured slowly to death. Kemne shombhob bhai! Manush etto shimahin hoite pare. How can you even imagine let alone do this??

Get help from FBI and euro agencies who are experts on this.

roman
July 3, 2016, 10:08 PM
I think you should discuss those controversial verses and come to a conclusion. Maybe one or few potential lunatics are reading these posts here and May be that type of discussions may save someone from becoming a fanatic.

anon4567
July 3, 2016, 10:30 PM
One of the victim (bdeshi) was the grandson of transcom (owner of prothom alo and etc.)

Survivors claimed Faraaz was allowed to leave, but when he asked about two of his former school friends who accompanied him, one of whom (Abinta Kabir) was a Bangladeshi-American studying with him at Emory University in Atlanta, and an Indian national studying at UC Berkeley (Tarishi Jain)- the militants said that they couldn't leave. So, he refused to run for his freedom, and stayed with his friends. All of them were aged between 18-20, all of them found dead after the raid.

If there were any heroes from the attack in 1st July, his name was Faraaz Ayaaz Hossain. Not some incompetent Police force who took full credit of rescuing hostages after the attacks.

http://www.thedailystar.net/dhaka-attack/faraaz-could-have-didnt-leave-his-friends-1249750

NoName
July 3, 2016, 11:39 PM
[delete]

ahnaf
July 4, 2016, 12:40 AM
The problem with Islam (according to me) is the belief that it cannot be reformed in any shape or form, it is absolute. But it is not!! In this day and age you cannot expect me to agree to "lightly beating your wife" (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/26/pakistani-husbands-can-lightly-beat-their-wives-islamic-council-says/) . ( http://quran.com/4/34 ) . So if Surah al Niisa ayat 34 means something else than please define that properly or reform it. But I know that shall never happen. There are many more like this. People had to abscond from the country because they asked these same questions. I am a believer, but I also have some personal ethics from which I shall not yeild no matter what the circumstances. However same cannot be said about the individuals who commited the act of terrorism .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1azySjz4edk

watch this video. This should clear your confusion regarding the ayath.

Habib
July 4, 2016, 02:40 AM
Again police release e akash bikash dipon etc random naam dia era jmb boila chalai disey. Those names have no relation to the terrorists. Press already did the detective work and found the real names and background. The level of incompetence is just shocking

It would have been quite laughable had it not been for the fact that these are the guys we are depending on to protect us. When ISIS is a more reliable source for news than the police and the government, then you have got a serious problem. The authority has been caught red handed lying. The hostages who were 'rescued' survived because they were let go by the terrorists and not because of the operation. One of the six attackers (according to ISIS it's 5) was actually a chef of that restaurant and probably not a terrorist at all! So now I very much doubt whether they have really caught an attacker alive. I don't know how could they think they could get away with lying in this age of information.

Ajfar
July 4, 2016, 03:15 AM
^ I had my doubt about the one attacker who apparently was captured. I was wondering how did he not die from all the back and forth shooting. We all saw from the videos that were posted how the fight went down.

Jadukor
July 4, 2016, 03:17 AM
You cant expect people lacking intelligence to come up with smart cover-up plans. Someone should ask them what is the outcome of their week long combing "operation" to capture 13,000 people. Somebody should also ask when the people in charge of our security will resign and let somebody else do the job.

Jadukor
July 4, 2016, 03:22 AM
IS nai, the country is safe... these were statements from the home ministry. So how did this happen. Things like this happen everywhere, i get that but the leadership in France isnt saying the city is safe. They have been on red alert for quite sometime. The acknowledgement allows people to come to terms with situation and be more vigilant and careful. By saying kono problem nai what are they trying to achieve? They need that memory erasing device from men in black to make their policy work. Or else the horror will remain forever etched deep in our minds. I know for a fact that my mind is deeply scarred from this and how it went down.

Equinox
July 4, 2016, 03:30 AM
I don't think we can trust the government and authorities any more. One of the guys killed that they are claiming is one of the attackers has been proven to be working as a chef at the bakery. He even had his apron on. So if they are claiming there were 7 attackers where are the other three? Where is the guy that has been captured? If there is indeed an attacker that has been captured will they actually try to get to the root of this attack or will they just force him to release a statement saying BNP-Jamaat is involved. And they are giving random names when their actual names have surfaced on social media in a matter of hours after the attack. Social media is doing better investigative work than the intelligence agencies. How can they continue denying an international link when IS published photos of the attackers while the siege was still ongoing and the photos then match with the photos released by the authorities? Can you get any stronger evidence than that? This government is a total joke. It is beyond comprehension how this absolute clown of a home minister still has his job.

Why was that Fahim guy who attacked the Hindu teacher killed? Why was the alleged killer of Avijit Roy killed? Who are they trying to protect? Are any of the people being arrested in droves actually involved? Any time the public catches attackers from the scene of the crime it seems that they are either killed in crossfire or nothing seems to come from it and these attacks continue unabated. What are the intelligence agencies doing? If the US and India are serious about curbing extremism then it's about time they withdraw support from this farce of a government.

NoName
July 4, 2016, 03:34 AM
This is the same home minister that was saying Israel was behind all the Islamist attacks :facepalm:

Ajfar
July 4, 2016, 03:51 AM
I just read on Dhaka tribune Pizza chef was expecting a baby. I can't even begin to imagine what his wife will go through every single day for the rest of her life. How are people suppose to move on with their life.

patriot
July 4, 2016, 05:12 AM
If you all are expecting this joke of a government and its security forces to be weeding out potential terrorists or preventing any future attacks, you are having a laugh.

In a country with so much limited resources, a majority of its security forces are involved in suppressing opposition party men to keep the government in power. Do you seriously think we have the capability to deal with threats from the likes of ISIS or JMB or any scum organisation?

dolcevita
July 4, 2016, 07:13 AM

My views and my comments are never biased. As much as I love my parents, I would always tell them they are wrong if I feel that way. Same goes with my country or my religion. Hence you find my generic comments good but deduction poor.

You can't change any holy book ( Quran, Bible or Mahabharata...), because they are God's message for the believers.
Religions are by essence absolute.

But what you can change is the conditions which asked for these books.

The verse you quotes was well justified when it was written, the society was male dominated women lived under the protection of their father then husband.

So if you can change the society by empowering women (essentially through education and equal access to labour market), then you won't need this verse anymore.

This message is not against any religion.

anon4567
July 4, 2016, 07:14 AM
Another failure of the Bangladeshi Law Enforcement - they killed the wrong person. They killed, photographed and published the photo of a chef in the restaurant as one of the assailants. This is from a well respected Bangladeshi journalist/ author based in Sweden- same Facebook user that tonmoy.dhaka shared in Page 3 of this thread:

WARNING: a blurred image of a corpse, might be disturbing to some:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157130296155319&set=a.10151757016060319.865153.518015318&type=3&theater

This is also backed up by a Daily Star article which claims that the corpse was of the bakery's pizza chef Saiful Islam[1]. This is extremely disturbing that half the country's Police force was at the scene and yet they all failed to identify a corpse properly, and claimed that it was of the terrorist known as "Abu Rahik al-Bangali" - but it was not. Several employees claimed the corpse was of their co-worker, yet our LEAs shamelessly officially released the picture of a corpse of an innocent man labeling a terrorist. Imagine what must be going through the minds of the family members of the deceased then.

Bangladesh is a country where the rich and influential residents are very often denied justice, so forget about the poor and powerless.

[1]
http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/who-are-they-1250065

anon4567
July 4, 2016, 07:18 AM
Also, can we please stop the religion vs non-religion debate- or at least move it to another thread- it is starting to become more and more irrelevant to the tragedy that has happened.

And just for the record I am a very liberal non-practicing Muslim.

anon4567
July 4, 2016, 07:31 AM
I just read on Dhaka tribune Pizza chef was expecting a baby. I can't even begin to imagine what his wife will go through every single day for the rest of her life. How are people suppose to move on with their life.

And he was labeled a terrorist by the Police in Bangladesh. His picture is now circulating across social media sites, and he a lot of hate speech are being thrown at him.

The least the Police can do now is apologize to his family, for killing him and failing to identify him and dehumanizing him if they have any dignity left. The "forensics team" investigated for over 2 hours according to Independent TV news report during the attack(!). I would be very interested to know what exactly they "discovered".

tonmoy.dhaka
July 4, 2016, 10:15 AM
life for the families of these islamist terrorists shall never be the same again.

http://www.thedailystar.net/dhaka-attack/dhaka-attack-mubasheers-father-apologises-his-son-1250188

Vepu
July 4, 2016, 11:49 AM
Its time we stand united and treat the root of this problem. Which is a certain ideology.

Few months ago when
Australia cancelled their tour I said Bangladesh is the next terrorist hub. Ppl ganged up on me labelled me idiot and what not. Since then we lost 70+ lives on terrorist attacks. Attacks on individuals, foreigners, shia festival now restaurant. I am not here to score brownie points or say told you so.

ISIS is not only a terrorist organisation but its an ideology. We have to fight against ISIS as well as we have to counter this ideology.
These terrorists are born and brought up right here in BD. They are one of us. Our friends, brothers, sons. We have to fight the ideology that has turned them into lunatics.

This is high time we admit there is a problem in Islam. No more hiding behind the romanticised version of Quran. The truth should come out and people need to know the whole truth. So they know what should they teach their children. A 1300 year old mythological religion which promotes violence or humanity. We are producing millions of future terrorists and we dont even know it!! Let the truth come out. We had enough damn it!!

tonmoy.dhaka
July 4, 2016, 12:00 PM
Its time we stand united and treat the root of this problem. Which is a certain ideology.

Few months ago when
Australia cancelled their tour I said Bangladesh is the next terrorist hub. Ppl ganged up on me labelled me idiot and what not. Since then we lost 70+ lives on terrorist attacks. Attacks on individuals, foreigners, shia festival now restaurant. I am not here to score brownie points or say told you so.

ISIS is not only a terrorist organisation but its an ideology. We have to fight against ISIS as well as we have to counter this ideology.
These terrorists are born and brought up right here in BD. They are one of us. Our friends, brothers, sons. We have to fight the ideology that has turned them into lunatics.

This is high time we admit there is a problem in Islam. No more hiding behind the romanticised version of Quran. The truth should come out and people need to know the whole truth. So they know what should they teach their children. A 1300 year old mythological religion which promotes violence or humanity. We are producing millions of future terrorists and we dont even know it!! Let the truth come out. We had enough damn it!!

I agree with your sentiment, but not your last 2 sentences.

We must deal with the white elephant in the room instead of saying not my elephant.

The following should stop too (via Tasneem Khalil)

Apologies 👇
□ Nothing to do with [religion].
□ Not *real* [religion].
□ [Another religion] did it first.
□ *.* billion followers of [religion].
□ Jews planned it; CIA did it.
□ [religion]-phobia.
□ Angelina Jolie meme about [religion].
□ Imperialism; hegemony; war on terror.
□ Said, Spivak, Zizek, Chomsky, Kolagachy.
□ Anything BUT [religion].

simon
July 4, 2016, 12:03 PM
achcha, amra musolman ra keno shob dik diya eto kharap ? ajke bus eo dekhlam kichu meye ra chilla chilli hasha hashi kortasey, koyek jon abar hijab pora.

shoytan ki amader jaikka dhorey naki amra shoytan ke jaikka dhori ?
Dhoni muslim or gorib muslim makes no difference.

Ajkaal bhalo bhodro musolman dekhley obak hoi, othocho etai ki howar kotha chilo na ?
Khoob hopeless lagtasey.

Vepu
July 4, 2016, 12:34 PM
I agree with your sentiment, but not your last 2 sentences.

We must deal with the white elephant in the room instead of saying not my elephant.

The following should stop too (via Tasneem Khalil)

Apologies 👇
□ Nothing to do with [religion].
□ Not *real* [religion].
□ [Another religion] did it first.
□ *.* billion followers of [religion].
□ Jews planned it; CIA did it.
□ [religion]-phobia.
□ Angelina Jolie meme about [religion].
□ Imperialism; hegemony; war on terror.
□ Said, Spivak, Zizek, Chomsky, Kolagachy.
□ Anything BUT [religion].

Apologists pisses me off. Islamic scholars need to admit openly that some quranic verses promote violence. Then they need to divide the quran into two depending on the context. One part will be known as historical quran which will include all the wars etc and will be treated as a islamic history book. Another part will work as the guidance for muslims. This part will not have any violent verses. All the violent hadiths has to be banned, destroyed, erased, burnt. Its not like islam hasnt been tempered with before. There are so many sects of muslims out there. Muslims need to find a middle ground or Islam will be remembered as a curse in the future. People few centuries later will label it as a dark part of human history.

mufi_02
July 4, 2016, 01:42 PM
One of the guy that was "let go" was in fact a collaborator. He was a faculty at NSU but was fired due to his extremely views. DB has taken him into custody.

mufi_02
July 4, 2016, 01:43 PM
On a related news, there was a suicide blast near the prophets mosque in Medina. During the time of Iftar.

Ki je hoitasey

tonmoy.dhaka
July 4, 2016, 01:52 PM
One of the guy that was "let go" was in fact a collaborator. He was a faculty at NSU but was fired due to his extremely views. DB has taken him into custody.

Another example of complete intelligence failiure.

But despite that, I would urge the people to respect our security force including the police/rab/DB etc. We must remember that it is not their failiure, they tried their best, many got injured and two officers even died trying to save the people incide the cafe. We must invest heavily to train and facilitate our intelligence agency but meantime we must keep faith in them. Good or bad, they are what we have and they have proved their loyalty with their lives.

Also help them out to the best of your ability

শুভেচ্ছা জানবেন।রাষ্ট্র ও জনগনের জন্য হুমকি স্বরূপ সন্দেহজনক যে কোন ধরণের অনলাইন কর্মকাণ্ড,ফেসবুকে কোন সন্দেহজনক পোস্ট, আইডি ,লিঙ্ক বা cyber crime সংক্রান্ত বা যে কোন ধরণের Threat জানলে ও এ সংক্রান্ত কোন information থাকলে সাথে সাথে e-mail করুন: cyberunit@dmp.gov.bd এই ঠিকানায় অথবা সরাসরি ফোন বা text করুন এই নম্বরেঃ 01769691508

roman
July 4, 2016, 02:01 PM
Bomi lagtase..florida, turkey, Bangladesh, Iraq and now SA. Tao Rojar maashey. Disgraceful

cricman
July 4, 2016, 02:50 PM
Now that Zakir Naik's name is being plastered with these losers ...

Maybe Zakir Naik will stop talking both sides outta his *** now or he'll stop lecturing altogether.

I get he's trying to do Allah SWT work but the tone he speaks just rubs me the wrong way.

NoName
July 4, 2016, 03:38 PM
So is the 'captured' terrorist a lie? Btw did our own army kill the chef by mistake?

Equinox
July 4, 2016, 03:50 PM
Many are saying that he was the mastermind. The attack was far too sophisticated for a bunch of teenagers to plan and execute on their own. I guess it's all speculation at this stage which is why the mainstream media outlets aren't reporting it but there are pictures all over facebook of him looking very comfortable with the attackers and even stepping out to the balcony to smoke a cigarette. Hope the authorities are looking into it.

anon4567
July 4, 2016, 11:22 PM
The former NSU business faculty lecturer, Hasnat Reza Karim has been detained for questioning by the Police. It's still unclear if he is involved in this incident.

The reason he raised so many eye brows was because he didn't seem distraught by the incident, and was seen (and filmed) to be casually walking around the bakery along with the gunmen. Also, another big reason was he was photographed to be smoking a cigarette on the rooftop during the on-going incident. And he was and his family (including a child) was let go by the terrorists right before the military stormed in. So this caused all the suspicion.

Ittefaq, a major Bangladeshi news paper also reported that it had published an earlier report in which he was named along with 4 other NSU academics as a member of radical Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir, banned in Bangladesh (since 2009) and many countries. And they were all sacked by NSU after that incident. [1]

However Hasnat R Karim claimed that he had been there with his family to celebrate his son's birthday.

So it is entirely possible that he could have been the mastermind of the attack who almost got away if not filmed by a Korean national living next door to the cafe.

Or he had no part in this but was actively supporting/ encouraging the terrorists while they slaughtered so many innocent people. Hizb-ut-Tahrir has some extreme views, and we know for fact that he was a part of that organization.

Also, the 5th assailant was revealed to be a Madrasa student from rural Bangladesh, whose parents claimed he had travelled to Dhaka last year, but since hadn't returned, reported many news outlets in Bangladesh.

[1] http://www.ittefaq.com.bd/capital/2016/07/04/75041.html

Jadukor
July 5, 2016, 12:52 AM
The only positive if any is that the reporters now have a sniff on what to look for and investigate. They are far more competent than our police who cannot even make up believable names! Akash Bikash Don...Seriously??

Ajfar
July 5, 2016, 01:01 AM
The only positive if any is that the reporters now have a sniff on what to look for and investigate. They are far more competent than our police who cannot even make up believable names! Akash Bikash Don...Seriously??

They are too busy coming up with the story, they are being ordered to come up with. If it wasn't for the South Korean neighbor who recorded Hasnat Karim talking to the attackers, maybe we wouldn't even hear about Hasnat's past ties with extremist group. I read that Hasnat's dad or uncle said, he established contact around 10:30 pm or so and said to tell Police not to fire at the attackers because he is afraid they will shoot all the hostages. Now that I think about it, that seems like such an odd things to say, when the other people who reached out to their families were asking that they come help/rescue them. I think people are right about this Hasnat dude, he is the mastermind and thought he could get away with it.

NoName
July 5, 2016, 01:59 AM
One thing that boggles me, the pictures show he was smoking up in the roof surrounded by two gunmen.....couldn't they have been sniped? Where were the snipers

Jadukor
July 5, 2016, 03:54 AM
Sniper ki aita chiney naki shondeho asey. Honda helmet ar sandal poira terrorist thekaite ashchey. 5 teenager held up our entire security force in a building which doesnt look secured at all in any side. Imagine what would have happened if actual IS fighters with military experience would have been there. 1 week porey successful operation thunderboltu ghoshona korto.
Operation Thunderbolt... they must have a cliched name list for operation names too. Must have been a close call between operation midnight viper

Anik SH
July 5, 2016, 04:09 AM
২০১৪ সালের শুরুর দিক থেকে নিবরাস বদলে যেতে শুরু করেন। ঢাকার নর্থ সাউথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় থেকেই নিবারসকে চিনতেন এক শিক্ষার্থী। তিনি বলেন, মালয়েশিয়া ছাড়ার আগে তিনি নিবরাসের সঙ্গে দেখা করতে একটি রেস্তোরাঁয় যান। নিবরাস তাঁকে সালাম দেওয়ায় তিনি অবাক হয়ে যান। কারণ দেখা হলে নিবরাস সাধারণত ‘হাই, হ্যালো’ করেই সম্ভাষণ করতেন।

This says it all..

http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/908491/%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%A0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A7%8E%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%B8

Sylheti_Beta
July 5, 2016, 04:13 AM

This throws a spanner in the usually adopted poor/marginalized/victimized story-line which is indulged in by the gullible and also by the fanatical obfuscators. Humanity dies at the alter of fundamentalism.

This is indeed very shameful. I was proud that my motherland despite being called a third world country never had a #fundamentalist tag. This has changed everything, my heart bleeds and my soul weeps. I did a recce of social media over the past several days and the bevy of support emanating from certain quarters for this mindless genocide appalls me. If this is the future of BD, I am ashamed.

Jadukor
July 5, 2016, 04:34 AM
Fundamentalists are in BC as well. Many got banned but there are still a few. None showed their face yet but eventually will.

Sylheti_Beta
July 5, 2016, 04:39 AM
You can't change any holy book ( Quran, Bible or Mahabharata...), because they are God's message for the believers.
Religions are by essence absolute.

But what you can change is the conditions which asked for these books.

The verse you quotes was well justified when it was written, the society was male dominated women lived under the protection of their father then husband.

So if you can change the society by empowering women (essentially through education and equal access to labour market), then you won't need this verse anymore.

This message is not against any religion.
Well said bhai, very apt, clear and rational. But the problem is one cannot express doubt upon/digress from even one Ayah if one is to be a true believer.

Back to reality, in context of what you stated regarding women's empowerment.
What if the genders are reversed? If it's a man that's going out late at night. Or if it's a man that gets caught cheating. What would happen then? Can the woman get away with hitting that man? There seems to be so much of circular logic and apologist behavior being indulged in, it breeds dishonesty, incredulity and victim-hood. No amount of contextual jiggery pokery with ancient text sets things right.

What happened is a manifestation of the Ostrich mentality which afflicts my fellow Bengali brothers; who I hope will start looking at rationality and humanity. Shying away from addressing the elephant in the room has brought this upon us and we continue to ignore it at our own peril.

regards

Vepu
July 5, 2016, 05:54 AM
Sniper ki aita chiney naki shondeho asey. Honda helmet ar sandal poira terrorist thekaite ashchey. 5 teenager held up our entire security force in a building which doesnt look secured at all in any side. Imagine what would have happened if actual IS fighters with military experience would have been there. 1 week porey successful operation thunderboltu ghoshona korto.
Operation Thunderbolt... they must have a cliched name list for operation names too. Must have been a close call between operation midnight viper

BGB snipers were there from 11. But they couldnt use it bcs of the hostage situation.

Sylheti_Beta
July 5, 2016, 07:06 AM
BGB snipers were there from 11. But they couldnt use it bcs of the hostage situation.
True, a designated marksman or sniper is not the be all end all for hostage situations movie portrayals notwithstanding.

Any marksman or avid shooter who follows even basic gun safety will adhere to the following maxim, be sure of your target and what lies beyond it.

In other words if the intended target may obscure an innocent victim standing behind him, a bullet passing through the bad guy may hit the innocent.

If the shots are to be taken through the glass panes, there's another aspect to be considered, the caliber of the bullets being used 300, .308, or .330 caliber (all roughly close to the 7.62mm class) or .223(5.56mm class). Technically the shot would likely not be that difficult assuming a stationary target.

The problem is that the glass changes the story significantly. The glass will change the trajectory of the round in flight. Depending on the thickness of the glass and the density, both unknowns, it could deflect the round enough to hit something/someone other than the intended target.

This aside a hostage rescue situation also plays out differently as compared to a battleground. It's nearly impossible for law enforcement to figure out all the details of a hostage situation from the outside. Shooting a suspect may not immediately kill them, or there could be more than one suspect who may be behind cover, which risks putting the hostages in immediate danger. Mind you, in this case no one knew what had happened to the hostages unless it was too late.

Furthermore, when dealing with any form of terrorism, tactics have to be tailored based on the situation. Suicide extremists have traditionally included the use of dead-man's switches, sleepers in the crowd, booby trap explosives etc; Keeping this in mind a full frontal assault as was done in this case is the most effective way to neutralize the scumbags.

We do see a lot of Alochona from people in BD who have little or no experience with firearms and even less with military/law enforcement, about what the police could have/should have done, with the benefit of hindsight. That is totally unfair and uncalled for.

The officers who laid down their lives protecting the citizenry with whatever meager resources they had deserve utmost respect. The need of the hour is to mobilize resources and finances to support their families, that's the least we can do as human beings.

dolcevita
July 5, 2016, 07:23 AM
Well said bhai, very apt, clear and rational. But the problem is one cannot express doubt upon/digress from even one Ayah if one is to be a true believer.

Back to reality, in context of what you stated regarding women's empowerment.
What if the genders are reversed? If it's a man that's going out late at night. Or if it's a man that gets caught cheating. What would happen then? Can the woman get away with hitting that man? There seems to be so much of circular logic and apologist behavior being indulged in, it breeds dishonesty, incredulity and victim-hood. No amount of contextual jiggery pokery with ancient text sets things right.

What happened is a manifestation of the Ostrich mentality which afflicts my fellow Bengali brothers; who I hope will start looking at rationality and humanity. Shying away from addressing the elephant in the room has brought this upon us and we continue to ignore it at our own peril.

regards

If genders are reversed, suppose tomorrow women have all the economic and political power, I am afraid that they would put a reverse system where men would have to live under the control of women.

If you look through history you will learn a single important lesson : when a man or a group of men have the monopoly of power they always use it for their personal advantage.

Bangladesh can overcomes this dark age only through education. And regarding to all discussions about police force, at a large picture Bangladesh like others developing countries suffer from a phenomenon called "ANTI-SELECTION" : the elite are not chosen for their merits, and that's why often they do not have the skills to do their duties.

That's also one of the main reason why Bangladesh is so disorganized

Sylheti_Beta
July 5, 2016, 07:31 AM
If gender are reversed, suppose tomorrow women have all the economic and political power, I am afraid that they would put a reverse system where men would have to live under the control of women.

If you look through history you will learn a single important lesson : when a man or a group of men have the monopoly of power they always use it for their personal advantage.

The answer bhai, is gender neutrality as opposed to gender bias.

regards
SylhetiBeta

mufi_02
July 5, 2016, 07:37 AM
Mods, is it possible to change the BC banner or the layout all black OR at least change it to something to express our solidarity?

Just a thought.

dolcevita
July 5, 2016, 07:44 AM
The answer bhai, is gender neutrality as opposed to gender bias.

regards
SylhetiBeta

Yes it's an ideal situation but are men ready to give up their privileges inherited from traditional society ?

The only way to improve gender neutrality is to ensure equal economic and political power between men and women.

Sylheti_Beta
July 5, 2016, 08:10 AM
Yes it's an ideal situation but are men ready to give up their privileges inherited from traditional society ?
No,it wont be easy many socio-legal battles are raging in countries where women have a voice. In patriarchal and regressive societies precious little gets done, women are "seen" not "heard". Mothers are "respected", sisters and wives "protected".

The only way to improve gender neutrality is to ensure equal economic and political power between men and women.
Gender neutrality starts with abolishing gender biased laws which are already in place and replacing them with gender neutral laws. That can be followed up with equality of opportunity (economic/political).

ahnaf
July 5, 2016, 11:38 AM
More youths are missing
http://www.ittefaq.com.bd/print-edition/first-page/2016/07/04/129855.html

Around 200 according to some report

http://www.daily-sun.com/post/149513/Two-hundred-Bangladeshi-missing-youths-in-ME-believes-Sakhawat-

Simin2011
July 5, 2016, 11:52 AM
My deepest sympathies to the deceased victims and their families.
I am ashamed and upset that my countrymen could do something as horrible as this. This is so terrifying and heartbreaking.
RIP.

dolcevita
July 5, 2016, 05:47 PM
No,it wont be easy many socio-legal battles are raging in countries where women have a voice. In patriarchal and regressive societies precious little gets done, women are "seen" not "heard". Mothers are "respected", sisters and wives "protected".

Gender neutrality starts with abolishing gender biased laws which are already in place and replacing them with gender neutral laws. That can be followed up with equality of opportunity (economic/political).

Patriarchal societies were mainly the result of economic structure (there are other factors) of these time.
In traditional societies labour was above all physical stuff that's why men worked outside the home (hunting, agricultural works...) and women worked in home, because it required less physical strength.

That's one of the main reason why in these societies men's duties was to "protect" women.

But in modern societies labour is above all intellectual, so the traditional division of work between genders based on physical strength is quite outdated (in western world).

anon4567
July 6, 2016, 12:14 AM
Breaking
IS just made a video threat to Bangladesh, It seemed 3 Bangladeshi nationals spoke on this video, they seemed to be from Raqqa, Syria. The message is extremely chilling.

[Contents been deleted, do not post any of those/their contents here on BC] -Mod

To my Bangladeshi friends, stay very vigilant. Try to avoid any large gatherings at public places for the next 1-2 months, try and stay mostly indoors.

I am feeling very scared right now for my friends and family members residing in Bangladesh. These are dark days for our country, these savage goat f##kers should just die.

I hope our govt. wakes up and takes action against this rising threat of IS. Denial, and blaming JMB/ opposition parties isn't helping.

Jadukor
July 6, 2016, 02:40 AM
http://europe.newsweek.com/iraq-syria-holding-30000-terrorists-ready-return-host-countries-un-477789?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

Our country better start preparing for the biggest fight since 1971.

Sylheti_Beta
July 6, 2016, 03:51 AM
Denial has got us to where we are. If our own brothers are threatening and killing our own countrymen; no amount of ostrich mentality will make things go away. I fear for friends and family in Bangaldesh. We lost a very able gentlemen who used to work with my father in the violence following the Sayedee verdict. His only fault was that he had ventured out to get his blood pressure medication. How many more lives will it take before my countrymen come to their senses. In getting ready for the afterlife scumbags are messing up the current life of innocents. This is mindless.

Nocturnal
July 6, 2016, 04:15 AM
Ramadan's over tonight.
I always find inner peace during Ramadan.
Fasting every day in this Holy month gives me immense happiness. Good feeling overall. All changes this time around. So many senseless killing in the name of Religion. Florida(!), Istanbul, Baghdad, Dhaka etc etc ... nightmares every other Ramadan day. Tomorrow is Eid ... not even excited ... feeling numb. Most of my friends and familes home & abroad going through similar experiences.

Read all the posts here in this thread.
Good discussion going from different aspects.
Eid Mubarak everyone! Stay safe!

Vepu
July 6, 2016, 01:47 PM
Otopor bangali chande monjilo. Niriho manusher rokto makha ai Eid borjon korlam.

Nocturnal
July 7, 2016, 12:38 AM
Sources identified those 3 persons in the new video ...

http://m.bdnews24.com/bn/detail/bangladesh/1179813

jeesh
July 7, 2016, 12:48 AM
Bomb blast during EID Prayers. Wont be surprised if a group claims responsibility now.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2016/07/07/policeman-killed-several-injured-in-blast-near-bangladeshs-sholakia-ground-before-eid-prayers

Rifat
July 7, 2016, 02:27 AM
What really bothers me personally about most if not all of ISIS Bangladeshi recruits is that all of them seemed to be very well integrated in society (I mean close-up one contestant, Scholastica student, University Professor etc)..very very disturbing that in a country like Bangladesh many Muslims by and large live very peacefully and very well aware of basic sound fundamental Islamic teachings.

There are people with very twisted Ideologies that exist in our society...very disturbing indeed.

No One here is or ever should be apologizing for a group or entity that is the furthest away from Islam possible.

#NISIS #NothingIslamicAboutThugs #EndOfTimes...

no one really knows why that person is killed or killing "For what reason was she slain?"

Rifat
July 7, 2016, 02:28 AM
The rise of ISIS is a complex phenomenon that cannot easily be linked to any one cause. However, if we needed to pick a primary cause, there is no question that the single greatest factor that all academics agree explains the rise of ISIS is the destabilization and dismantling of Iraqi civil society that was caused by the American invasions and sanctions of the last two decades. As one simple example: radical jihadi movements simply did not exist in Iraq, nor was there even a single recorded case of *any* suicide bombing, before the American invasion. This, despite the fact that many great scholars, from many strands of Sunni and Shi'ite Islam, lived and flourished in that great land.
To simplistically scapegoat a rather large segment of Sunnism for the rise of ISIS, and to blame a theology that goes back more than a thousand years as the primary cause, is quite literally akin to the Far Right blaming the entire tradition of Islam, or to the ultra-progressives blaming classical fiqh opinions, as being the primary cause of ISIS.
It is at times like this that true leaders of our community need to unite the entire mainstream body of Muslims in fighting against ISIS. In particular, those who accuse other movements of being elitist and intolerant cannot, ironically and paradoxically, begin to display those very traits themselves, or else they will lose any moral ground they might have deemed themselves to have occupied.
It is tempting for sectarian division to rise up at such times. There are so many causes at stake, and each side can pick and choose at will what they wish, in order to smear the other. What if one were to say that the fawning acquiescence of a group of senior scholars to brutal dictators who have massacred their own people, or the issuing of fatwas by Senior Muftis that legislate the bloodshed of innocent Muslims, is also a direct cause of the rise of a radical response such as ISIS? Even if there is a small element of truth in this statement, it would be wrong, and extremely narrow-minded, for someone to reduce the rise of ISIS to such a factor.
Now is not the time to play the sectarian card, or to stoke the fires of division (is there ever such a time?!). The Muslim world has many battles to face, and we need the help of all pious, God-fearing Muslims, from whatever mainstream strand of Islam that they follow, to unite to battle against the cancer of ISIS from within, and the dangers of Islamophobia and hegemonic foreign policies from without.
True leaders must rise up and seek to unite, not divide, the Muslim Ummah.

collected from Yasir Qadhi facebook

Rifat
July 7, 2016, 02:31 AM
Islam existed since eternity(it's complete form in human civilization for about 1430 odd years).

ISIS/suicide bombings/Saudi Israelia exists since the 20th-21st century....let that sink in!

aklemalp
July 7, 2016, 09:20 AM
I request the mods to take down the pics of the terrorists in post #177. It only reinforces the message that the Organization wants to promote.

Thank you.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 7, 2016, 04:30 PM

This is from Police officer Mashroof Hossain's post

#‎প্রিভিউ_পোস্টঃ‬
"আকাশ-বিকাশ-বাধন-রিপন-ডন" তত্ত্বের ব্যাখ্যা আসছে-
গোয়েন্দা পুলিশের অন্যতম চৌকস অফিসার সানোয়ার স্যার অংশ নেবেন জনমনে সৃষ্ট বিভ্রান্তিগুলো দূর করতে...
সঙ্গে থাকুন :)

I am eagerly waiting to know about it myself...

Jadukor
July 11, 2016, 10:15 PM
http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/911749/পাঁচ-মাস-আগেই-মামলা-গ্রেপ্তারের-চেষ্টা-ছিল-না

Akash bikash don saga gets more strange. Police told PA that they knew about Nibras 5 months ago.. and knew him as Shimu!
Taile akash bikash don er shathe shimu naamta chilona keno?

"তাঁদের দেওয়া তথ্য অনুযায়ী পলাতক ব্যক্তিরা হলেন নিবরাস ইসলাম ওরফে শিমু (২৪), সেজাদ রউফ ওরফে অর্ক ওরফে মরক্ক (২৪), তৌশিক (২৪), সাবাব সালাউদ্দিন ওরফে হক ওরফে হনু, সালভি আলী ওরফে মালাভী (২৫), রিফাত, তুরাজ (২৮), ইয়াসিন তালুকদার ও গালিব (২৭)।"

Jadukor
July 12, 2016, 02:04 AM
http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/911728/বড়-হামলার-পরিকল্পনা-ছিল
A success story for a change. Looks like we prevented an attack.

Tigers_eye
July 12, 2016, 09:38 AM
^^^ so many leads yet not many [বাংলা]"অভিযান"[/বাংলা].

Police is good for nothing.

tonmoy.dhaka
July 12, 2016, 11:17 PM
^^^ so many leads yet not many [বাংলা]"অভিযান"[/বাংলা].

Police is good for nothing.

Bangladesh police might not be the most competent force compared to police in other nations but we still should be grateful for some of the sacrifices that they have made.

Both during Gulshan And Sholakia attack, the police gave their lives trying to save the innocent from the terrorist. Sholakia had minimum casualties thanks to the Police. We should sometimes be thankful for the lives they have sacrificed to keep the country safe, if we are always critical than we do not help the cause either.

Jadukor
July 12, 2016, 11:27 PM
We need a massive allocation of budget into our police force. Education and security needs to be the focus while other issues can take a back seat. I cant imagine why we cannot modernize and add more personnel into our security forces. It can be done within the next two years if the government tries

Jadukor
July 13, 2016, 06:44 AM
Kisu bolar nai....
http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/913015/জঙ্গি-হামলায়-দেশের-ভাবমূর্তি-ক্ষুণ্ন-হয়নি

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2016, 08:02 AM
Kisu bolar nai....
http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/913015/জঙ্গি-হামলায়-দেশের-ভাবমূর্তি-ক্ষুণ্ন-হয়নি
You can tell who loves Bangladesh and who loves their "Godi".

Have they already linked to the opposition party yet? If they don't within one month, now that would be a surprise. :facepalm:

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2016, 08:15 AM
^^^ so many leads yet not many "অভিযান".

Police is good for nothing. Bangladesh police might not be the most competent force compared to police in other nations but we still should be grateful for some of the sacrifices that they have made.

Both during Gulshan And Sholakia attack, the police gave their lives trying to save the innocent from the terrorist. Sholakia had minimum casualties thanks to the Police. We should sometimes be thankful for the lives they have sacrificed to keep the country safe, if we are always critical than we do not help the cause either.
True that.

However, if criticize is warranted for the better and you don't strike when the rod is hot, nothing will change.

I am not talking about the heroism or the sacrifice the Police force made. I am talking about the decision making process. The Two at Gulshan who got shot and killed, could have been alive if we had a protocol on hostage situation. If it takes 11 hours to make a decision to storm a hostage area as secured as the Café, then I am sorry; The blame goes to the entire police and law enforcement. We had seen the same thing in BDR fiasco. I can understand that incident the criminals were trained professionals with heavy artillery but these needs to handle by a competent military. Decision making process shouldn't come down to the Priminister. She/he are not trained in military warfare or an hostage expert.

jeesh
July 13, 2016, 10:00 AM
The unfortunate irony of the world that we live in is no matter what the police or armed forces would do-they would somehow be in the firing line.

Suppose they did storm in quickly and killed one or two of the hostages in the process there would be no end of wrath from the West and criticism from media on how incompetent the Bangladesh police are, and how reckless they were, or supposed they took out the terrorists, human rights watchers would raise their voice.

Speaking from what we ve seen in the Sri Lankan civil war, sometimes armed forces taking out terrorists have been subjected to investigation by UN, Western Govt for "Human Rights" violation, although they werent bothered when the same terrorists were blowing buses, trains and killing innocents.

I am not saying they were right to take so long in deciding to storm the building. But the circumstances that surrounds us often dictates decision making and absolute responsibility of the top level.

jeesh
July 13, 2016, 10:02 AM
Also it would obviously help having an elite tactical team in close proximity. I read somewhere the commando's needed to be flown in from Sylhet, which took quite a lot of time.

roman
July 13, 2016, 10:08 AM
Kisu bolar nai....

Ei (ek ta bisshesh bangla Gali) ke ISIS er astanay chere deya uchit Nastik bole. Eto nirlojjo ken era? Sih..:facepalm:

kalpurush
July 13, 2016, 10:11 AM
Kisu bolar nai....

Alas! Why I am not surprised at all!!?? :head:

Banglatiger84
July 13, 2016, 01:53 PM
So what do people think of the hostage Tahmid who was detained and police denied holding after that ?

jeesh
July 13, 2016, 09:55 PM
Not too optimistic about him and the NSU lecturer. Perhaps they saw or know something that someone in power doesnt want to get out. How can they so blatantly lie that they dont have them in custody?

tonmoy.dhaka
July 14, 2016, 04:12 AM
Not too optimistic about him and the NSU lecturer. Perhaps they saw or know something that someone in power doesnt want to get out. How can they so blatantly lie that they dont have them in custody?

they are in custody of the DB( detective branch), not Police .... I think that was the point they were trying to make.

ahnaf
July 16, 2016, 02:27 PM
গুলশানের ক্যাফেতে হামলাকারীদের আশ্রয় দেওয়ার অভিযোগে নর্থ-সাউথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ভারপ্রাপ্ত উপ-উপাচার্য গিয়াস উদ্দিন আহসানসহ তিনজনকে গ্রেপ্তার করেছে পুলিশ।

http://m.bdnews24.com/bn/detail/bangladesh/1184095

গুলশানে জঙ্গি হামলায় জড়িত জঙ্গিদের বাড়ি ভাড়া দেওয়ার আগে নাম ঠিকানাসহ তথ্য না রাখায় নর্থ সাউথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের অধ্যাপকসহ তিনজনকে আটক করেছে ঢাকা মেট্রোপলিটন পুলি​শের (​ডিএমপি) কাউন্টার টেররিজম ইউনিট। আজ বিকেল পাঁচটার দিকে শহরের বিভিন্ন জায়গায় অভিযান চালিয়ে তাঁদের আটক করা হয়।
আটক ব্যক্তিরা হলেন, নর্থ সাউথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের স্কুল অব হেলথ্ অ্যান্ড লাইফ সাইন্সেসের ডিন গিয়াস উদ্দিন আহসান, তাঁর ভাগনে আলম চৌধুরী এবং ভবনের ব্যবস্থাপক মাহবুবুর রহমান ওরফে তুহিন।
ঢাকা মহানগর পুলিশের গণমাধ্যম শাখার উপকমিশনার (ডিসি) মাসুদুর রহমান এ তথ্যের সত্যতা নিশ্চিত করেছেন।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/916171/%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A5-%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%89%E0%A6%A5-%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AC%E0%A 6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE% E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%89%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%9A%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%B8% E0%A6%B9-%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%95

Tigers_eye
July 20, 2016, 09:10 AM
Alright I have a question.

We know 8 were locked in a bathroom who survived. Where are they now? Media can't get to them now? What about others who came out alive? Where is the headcount and why aren't they talking?

How many days have passed?

Rifat
July 20, 2016, 09:34 AM

We know 8 were locked in a bathroom who survived. Where are they now? Media can't get to them now? What about others who came out alive? Where is the headcount and why aren't they talking?

yes, go get them now instead of 40 years later :p

Tigers_eye
July 27, 2016, 03:10 PM
yes, go get them now instead of 40 years later :p:lol:

The news coming out from BD is everyone is locked up or under Police custody still. A month has passed. Are they preparing for trial? And they are under witness protection?

ahnaf
July 28, 2016, 11:24 AM
কল্যাণপুরের আস্তানায় পুলিশের অভিযানের আগে জঙ্গিরা কথিত আইএসের বেশে কালো পোশাক পরে ছবি তুলেছিল। আইনশৃঙ্খলা বাহিনীর কর্মকর্তারা ওই আস্তানা থেকে উদ্ধারকৃত আলামতের মধ্যে কয়েকটি ইলেক্ট্রনিক ডিভাইস থেকে এসব উদ্ধার করেছেন বলে তারা দাবি করেন। তারা জানান, জঙ্গিরা ওই আস্তানায় জড়ো হয়েছিল বড় ধরনের কোনও হামলার পরিকল্পনা নিয়ে। গুলশানের হলি আর্টিজান বেকারিতে জিম্মি ঘটনার পর আইএসের আমাক এজেন্সি যে ছবি প্রকাশ করেছিল এসব ছবিও একই।

http://www.banglatribune.com/others/news/126029/%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%9C%E0%A 7%8D%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%81

Anik SH
July 28, 2016, 01:52 PM
yes, go get them now instead of 40 years later :p

:lol: Yeah r8 police must get them now not 40 years later

..nor they will gain more and more supporters and they will even make an Islami political party formed of all past militants from JMB,IS,HZ etc. And YES they may get votes and eventually be the Ministers. As you can never believe tbe Bangladeshi people.

And I don't have to mention the overflowing production of Jongi apologists of Bangladesh.

#HarshTruth :down: :/

tonmoy.dhaka
July 28, 2016, 02:07 PM
:lol: Yeah r8 police must get them now not 40 years later

..nor they will gain more and more supporters and they will even make an Islami political party formed of all past militants from JMB,IS,HZ etc. And YES they may get votes and eventually be the Ministers. As you can never believe tbe Bangladeshi people.

And I don't have to mention the overflowing production of Jongi apologists of Bangladesh.

#HarshTruth :down: :/

Not sure which is worse JongiApologist or conspiracyTheorist ( Read AmericaIsrael theorist).

jeesh
August 7, 2016, 11:01 PM
So whats the latest on this. The Jugantor report seems to have divided the country into two-or at least the ones who care about the situation

Rifat
August 8, 2016, 08:08 AM
It's not good to delay these things, get the masterminds now before it's too late

Fazal
August 8, 2016, 02:02 PM
Taku betayee choor.

tonmoy.dhaka
August 8, 2016, 03:04 PM
So whats the latest on this. The Jugantor report seems to have divided the country into two-or at least the ones who care about the situation

Jugantor report has neither been confirmed nor been outright dismissed by the agency.

tonmoy.dhaka
August 8, 2016, 03:28 PM
A very intriguing piece on Tamim Chowdhury the alleged mastermind (also Canadian citizen of BD origin)..
I suggest people reading it... very well researched and written piece.

http://www.thedailystar.net/op-ed/searching-the-shadowy-canadian-leader-isis-bangladesh-1266532

anon4567
August 10, 2016, 09:16 AM

http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/caf%C3%A9-attack-throws-him-street-1264279

Things are not going good for them. I wish there was a way of donating to them in order to help financially until they find new employment, but no one seems to be able to provide their contact info.

I read reports that everyone in Bangladesh are trying to avoid restaurants in affluent neighborhoods that might be frequented by foreigners. So we can only expect more people working in restaurants to lose their jobs.

Equinox
August 16, 2016, 05:10 AM
It's sad that it needed a tragedy of this scale but it does look like that there is finally some seriousness from the government and authorities in eradicating this menace. There haven't been any attacks on minorities or other soft targets for a while now that I know of. This had become almost a daily occurrence. These extremists are definitely on the back foot now and the public has become more cognisant of suspicious activities especially after the media houses started airing reports of how people become radicalised and how it destroys families and also the fear of being prosecuted for abetting terrorism. I personally think releasing the list of missing youths and getting universities and other educational institutes involved to observe and report suspicious students was a brilliant move. Of course it is unfortunate that some completely innocent people might be harassed but in these circumstances no chances can be taken.

The government and media should do a better job of explaining the hidden costs of terrorism to the general masses and how it's destroying the economy. There are still plenty of people apathetic to terrorism and with the mindset 'Palestine ar Syria te roj Muslim bhai bon mortese, why should I care if a few Italians and Japanese died?' Restaurants and hotels are running empty, exports dropped in the last quarter - peoples' livelihoods are being destroyed. If England don't come then I fear for the future of international cricket in Bangladesh. But of course there'll be some idiots saying it's a BCCI/western conspiracy and they never wanted to come in the first place.

I personally think the government is on the right track. Many things can be done better but there is finally some urgency. Long term though I don't know if this Islamic extremist mindset can be contained. In this globalised world where most of the radicalisation is happening on the internet it would need collaborative efforts across the Islamic world but I highly doubt the sincerity of many Muslim countries in abolishing extremism from the faith.

Jadukor
August 16, 2016, 05:56 AM
The question is can we fight back? Other countries have tried with various levels of success. If terrorism is like cancer we need to know what stage we are dealing with.

Fazal
August 16, 2016, 10:05 AM
Hmmm. Taku Betayii chor.

PoorFan
August 17, 2016, 01:36 AM
The question is can we fight back? Other countries have tried with various levels of success. If terrorism is like cancer we need to know what stage we are dealing with.

In addition, need to know who are we dealing with, their organizing recipe - that is, different personnel working in different layer to be remain beyond the reach. Here is an use case from London, has lot to learn of their mindset and the mechanism to pursue their goal.

For 20 years Anjem Choudary stood on street corners, in shopping precincts, outside mosques, embassies and police stations and used his megaphone to drive a wedge between Muslims and the rest of Britain. Now he has been convicted of inviting others to support the Islamic State militant group.

The scenes would change - but not the words.

The flag of Islam will fly over Downing Street, was his favourite prediction, followed by some kind of rhetorical flourish. "The Muslims are rising to establish the Sharia... Pakistan, Afghanistan and perhaps, my dear Muslims, Londonistan."
He would greet the journalists with a smile, and some guile, dressed up as charm.

Choudary's mindset is really simple. There are two worlds - the world of belief, meaning Muslims, and the world of disbelief, everyone else. Assuming for a moment that the world neatly divides into such camps, these worlds are incompatible because the way of life of one threatens the existence of the other.

In his head there can be no compromise, no meeting of minds. Liberal democracy, personal freedom, the rule of law mandated by the people is all an affront to the will of Allah.

And the solution to all of this? A single Islamic state, under Sharia, for the whole world, for all areas of life.

What if you disagree? Well then you are not with him. You are against him - you're a hostile.

Adam Deen was one of the early recruits to the network that Choudary helped forge.

"What attracted me was the simplicity, that I was a Muslim, that I should represent these ideas and I belonged inside an Islamic state and everything else was wrong and evil," he said.

"This was extremely comforting as a young man immersed in a world where I was seeing complexity and not knowing who was right and wrong.

"It's a type of outlook that is completely splitting the world in a cosmic battle of good and evil. And on the side of good is everyone who agrees with what he says.

"That polarisation creates a type of mindset towards non-Muslims - and then you can start rationalising acts of violence."

"I never heard Anjem overtly condoning acts of violence and terrorism," says Adam Deen, who now works in counter-extremism for the Quilliam Foundation think tank.

"But there was an attitude and atmosphere that would tacitly approve it and at one point it became policy not to condemn acts like 9/11 because it would be seen as supporting the kuffar [disbelievers] and the infidels. So there was a tacit approval behind closed doors."
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36979892

Jadukor
August 17, 2016, 07:11 AM
People like Anjem and Zakir Nayek should have been locked up a decade ago. They have already done the damge.

Rifat
August 17, 2016, 08:46 AM
Anjem Chodhry is fake... 100% fake... He should have been locked up years ago i agree but the British Government won't let it happen? *Do your Research Why* ;)

Zakir Naik is innocent. He has been accused of stuff that is simply not true, whether you like him as a speaker or not is irrelevant, but the truth of the matter is that he has no connection with radicals.

Not trying to sound self-righteous or anything, but when you properly study Islam. it's kinda obvious who is real and who is fake...

Jadukor
August 17, 2016, 09:33 AM
I dont need to study islam to know what zakir nayek is. Few youtube videos is enough. If you think the guy talks sense then i dont think we have the same world view.

mufi_02
August 18, 2016, 04:21 PM
বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে বন্ধুহীন মাহমুদুল: র্যা ব জানায়, জঙ্গিনেতা মাহমুদুল হাসান ফেসবুকে তাজরিয়ান আনহার নামে উগ্র মতাদর্শ প্রচারে বিভিন্ন পোস্ট দিয়ে থাকেন। ফেসবুক পেজে দেখা যায়, প্রায় ৫০০ অনুসরণকারী রয়েছে। কিন্তু তাঁর জন্মস্থান সিরাজগঞ্জের উল্লাপাড়ার রশিদপুরে এবং বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়েও তাঁর ঘনিষ্ঠ কোনো বন্ধুর খোঁজ পাওয়া যায়নি।
আমাদের যশোর প্রতিনিধি জানান, মাহমুদুল যশোর বিজ্ঞান ও প্রযুক্তি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ফিশারিজ অ্যান্ড মেরিন বায়োসায়েন্স বিভাগ থেকে স্নাতকোত্তর ডিগ্রি অর্জন করেন ২০১৫ সালে। বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শহীদ মসিয়ুর রহমান হলের ২০২ নম্বর কক্ষে আসন বরাদ্দ থাকা সত্ত্বেও তিনি যশোর শহরের কাজীপাড়া কদমতলা এলাকায় বাসা ভাড়া নিয়ে থাকতেন।
ওই সময়ে ২০২ নম্বর কক্ষে থাকতেন এমন একজন প্রাক্তন ছাত্র প্রথম আলোকে বলেন, ‘নিজের বিভাগের কোনো ছাত্রের সঙ্গে মাহমুদুলের বন্ধুত্ব ছিল না। অন্য বিভাগের দুই ছোট ভাই ছিলেন তাঁর প্রিয়। তাঁরা তিনজনই আহলে হাদিসের অনুসারী। ক্যাম্পাসে আহলে হাদিস মসজিদ না থাকায় তাঁরা ক্যাম্পাসে থাকতেন না।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/951010/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%93-%E0%A7%A7%E0%A7%A6-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%80-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%99%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%97%E0%A6%BF%E0%A 6%B0-%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%A5%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%93%E0%A7%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%97%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87

---

ahle hadis abar ki jinish?

Jadukor
August 27, 2016, 05:52 AM
So apparently there is a female suicide squad for JMB? Hope we catch the rest of these girls quickly.
http://m.prothom-alo.com/opinion/article/959329/এ-কোন-ভয়ংকর-পথে-হাঁটছেন-তাঁরা

ahnaf
August 27, 2016, 06:26 AM
Mastermind behind gulshan attack died today on a police raid. Would have been nice to capture him alive. Nonetheless, good job. Just hope concerning security forces doesn't get complacent from this

গুলশান হামলার পর বাংলাদেশি বংশোদ্ভূত কানাডার নাগরিক তামিমকে ধরতে বিভিন্ন স্থানে অভিযান চালাচ্ছিল পুলিশ। তামিমকে ধরিয়ে দিতে ২০ লাখ টাকা পুরস্কারও ঘোষণা করা হয়েছিল।

আজ সকালে পাইকপাড়ার বড় কবরস্থান এলাকার একটি তিনতলা ভবন ঘিরে অভিযান শুরু করে ডিএমপির কাউন্টার টেররিজম অ্যান্ড ট্রান্স ন্যাশনাল ইউনিট। তাদের সঙ্গে যোগ দেয় সোয়াট। সহযোগিতা করে র‍্যাব-১১ ও নারায়ণগঞ্জ জেলা পুলিশ।

ঢাকা মহানগর পুলিশের অতিরিক্ত উপকমিশনার ছানোয়ার হোসেন বলেন, সকাল সাড়ে ছয়টার দিকে পুলিশ বাড়িটি ঘিরে ফেলে। এরপর অভিযান চালানো হবে বলে বাড়িওয়ালাকে জানানো হয়। জঙ্গিদের আত্মসমর্পণ করার জন্য আধ ঘণ্টার মতো সময়ও দেওয়া হয়েছিল। কিন্তু তাঁরা সেই সুযোগ নেননি। এরপরই পুলিশ অভিযান চালায়।

পাইকপাড়ার বাড়িটি তিনতলা। জঙ্গিরা তিনতলার ফ্ল্যাটটি ভাড়া নেন। এই বাড়ির আশপাশে টিনের কয়েকটি বাড়ি রয়েছে।

পুলিশের সহকারী মহাপরিদর্শক মনিরুজ্জামান বলেছেন, জঙ্গিরা তাঁদের সঙ্গে থাকা ল্যাপটপ ও কিছু কাগজপত্র পুড়িয়েছেন। তিনি বলেন, প্রথমে বাড়িওয়ালাকে দিয়ে জঙ্গিদের আত্মসমর্পণ করতে বলা হয়। এরপর হ্যান্ডমাইকে একই কথা বলা হয়। কিন্তু তাঁরা না শোনায় অভিযান চালানো হয়।

পুলিশের মহাপরিদর্শক (আইজিপি) এ কে এম শহীদুল হক প্রথম আলোকে বলেছেন, নারায়ণগঞ্জ শহরের পাইকপাড়ায় আজ শনিবার চালানো এই অভিযানে গুলশানে জঙ্গি হামলার অন্যতম হোতা তামিম চৌধুরীসহ তিনজন জঙ্গি নিহত হয়েছেন।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/959371/%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%A4-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%99%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%97%E0%A6%BF%E0%A 6%A8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AE%E0%A 7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%9B%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%B6

Rifat
August 29, 2016, 10:25 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/951010/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%93-%E0%A7%A7%E0%A7%A6-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%80-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%99%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%97%E0%A6%BF%E0%A 6%B0-%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%A5%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%93%E0%A7%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%97%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87

---

ahle hadis abar ki jinish?

ahle hadees - Desi label for Salafis...

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2016, 11:13 AM
By killing Tamim police just lost all the information who was providing money for the rent and other activities.

Killing these boys doesn't stop the advancement of the extremism in our country. There would be others filling up the void. Getting 100 from a 17+ crore pool is not that difficult. Unless we can cut the root (identify who are the real backers with money and logistics) this problem will continue.

tonmoy.dhaka
August 30, 2016, 07:52 PM
By killing Tamim police just lost all the information who was providing money for the rent and other activities.

Killing these boys doesn't stop the advancement of the extremism in our country. There would be others filling up the void. Getting 100 from a 17+ crore pool is not that difficult. Unless we can cut the root (identify who are the real backers with money and logistics) this problem will continue.

Or catch them and wait for 2 decades before the court finally decides to hang him.. and by than they would propagate their ideology to scores more. No Thanks...
I have seen enough of our legal system to know it does not work..

As far as filling up the void is concerned, it takes time...
There were strings of deadly attacks in Bangladesh in early 2000. (Ramna Batamul, Udichi, Movie theatre, Court etc etc).. They all stopped for about 7-10 years once Bangla Bhai and the other head (forgot his name) was put to death.

tonmoy.dhaka
August 30, 2016, 08:58 PM
An intriguing article that talks about EMNI (the secret service of IS that recruits fighters to fight in their home countries)... It talks about Bangladesh also.
Adnani (died today) was the commander of EMNI .

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/world/middleeast/isis-german-recruit-interview.html?_r=0

Fazal
August 31, 2016, 12:21 PM
People who are complaining why they are killing those terrorist than catching alive, I have few advice for them:

It's easy to say than get done.
Idealistically catching alive would be great, but its not realistic. When terrorists were given chance to surrender but they counter attack and ready to go to heaven, there is not much you can do but minimize the risk ( on police force and innocent neighbors) and eliminate the target. Don't believe me, just look around the recent event in the world. Bangladesh police did exactly what other police force did in the world.
We should be more compassionate to innocent people and police force than terrorist. Minimizing risk on innocent people and police force is more important than catching terrorist alive even that means shooting at first sight.
If you still don't believe that is the right approach, I ask those brave souls to come out of their comfy drawing room and volunteer to negotiate themselves and risk their own lives and show us know it can be done. Only may be.... may be... I may change my mind. Until then its just "Monday morning quarterbacking" to me with no real knowledge of how negotiation are done with armed terrorist who are ready to sacrifice their lives.

Please be considerate and compassionate for the right people, the police force, who get little credit but mostly uncalled for blame in this fight against terrorism, who are taking risk to their lives to make our society more secured.

I salute Police for job well done (in this particular case).

Banglatiger84
September 1, 2016, 12:50 AM
I can understand why the 2 survivors, Hasnat and Tahmid were treated as suspects, but what I never could digest was the assistant chef who was killed in the shootout and treated as a terrorist, and the worker Shaon who was tortured by police and who eventually died ....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37232614

Rifat
September 1, 2016, 08:52 AM
People who are complaining why they are killing those terrorist than catching alive, I have few advice for them:

It's easy to say than get done.
Idealistically catching alive would be great, but its not realistic. When terrorists were given chance to surrender but they counter attack and ready to go to heaven, there is not much you can do but minimize the risk ( on police force and innocent neighbors) and eliminate the target. Don't believe me, just look around the recent event in the world. Bangladesh police did exactly what other police force did in the world.
We should be more compassionate to innocent people and police force than terrorist. Minimizing risk on innocent people and police force is more important than catching terrorist alive even that means shooting at first sight.
If you still don't believe that is the right approach, I ask those brave souls to come out of their comfy drawing room and volunteer to negotiate themselves and risk their own lives and show us know it can be done. Only may be.... may be... I may change my mind. Until then its just "Monday morning quarterbacking" to me with no real knowledge of how negotiation are done with armed terrorist who are ready to sacrifice their lives.

Please be considerate and compassionate for the right people, the police force, who get little credit but mostly uncalled for blame in this fight against terrorism, who are taking risk to their lives to make our society more secured.

I salute Police for job well done (in this particular case).

at the end of the the day, it is really never an easy choice, would you kill an innocent human being(someone who is a suspect but in reality that person is innocent) or let the guilty free...practically speaking, there are never easy answers

tonmoy.dhaka
September 1, 2016, 03:13 PM
Choices always seem easy when you have never been shot at or your life been threatened.

Even paintballing (it hurts a lot) scares the **** out of me.

iDumb
September 2, 2016, 08:55 AM
I can understand why the 2 survivors, Hasnat and Tahmid were treated as suspects, but what I never could digest was the assistant chef who was killed in the shootout and treated as a terrorist, and the worker Shaon who was tortured by police and who eventually died ....

I been trying to avoid this thread but I had to reply to you and agree 100%. Some people in this site make a lot of noise and say they fight for gay rights, sex rights, women's freedom rights, this right, that right but then cheer when senseless killing occur without understanding the complexity of things. They don't stand up for BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS.

That is why I hate this RAB organization. No oversight, no accountability. They get away with criminal acts in the name of law and order.

All these cross fire shooting, torture killing , and no single peep from ppl.. Everyone assumes the killed is guilty. An organization like that shouldnt be allowed to thrive imo. EVERYONE needs to be held responsible for their actions.

It could have been YOU in that restaurant dining at that time. It is not far fetched. And if somehow you were able to escape the mass murder by those criminals, you would have faced torture and murder by the ppl that supposed to protect you.

btw banglatiger the chef killing was probably unavoidable but these torture killing if of innocent people makes me puke just to think about it.

tonmoy.dhaka
September 2, 2016, 11:54 AM
iDumb bhai, there is hardly any institution in Bangladesh that operates without any flaw.

From what I have learned from numerous reports, the chef was holding a gun during the incident just like Tahmid. While tahmid's family showed cops his picture which prompted them to not shoot at him, the same care was not taken for the chef.
But please do not think I am trying to provide any excuse for the misconduct by cops... we all know how our cops operate. They are infamous for abductions.

Do we cheer when mass murderers, and known terrorists are shot and killed. I personally do.. I feel good and I feel happy that some innocent lives will be spared as a result.
Cheering about death of any individual is probably not the humane thing to do, but If I say I do not feel happy when terrorists are killed than I would be lying. I am not perfect. I am also happy because the alternative scares me more... our judiciary is even more flawed.

One World
September 2, 2016, 08:59 PM
My friend is an officer in PetroBangla. He is honest but he cannot say no to bribe. Why? Because this is how it is. If he wants to keep his job and posting active he has to accept whatever is offered, there is a bare minimum in petroleum industry that an officer cannot refuse.

Whereas my other close relative retired without taking a single penny as bribe while serving as an auditor for the government. How was it possible cause here there is no set commission, you release the tender without pressing the contractor for money, you are just another honest accountant, an exception in the cog which does not hinder the process a bit, only the amount of bribe for your subordinates and superiors will increase to a ratio that will balance the amount you might have made if you were dishonest.

I guess in the police force there is also no choice like Petrobangla. You are part of the system and the commission just gets divided in a set percentage hierarchically.

Can you imagine we call ourselves a majority Muslim nation or try to establish that while the infrastructure is so rotten and anti-islamic.

tonmoy.dhaka
September 2, 2016, 09:09 PM
My friend is an officer in PetroBangla. He is honest but he cannot say no to bribe. Why? Because this is how it is. If he wants to keep his job and posting active he has to accept whatever is offered, there is a bare minimum in petroleum industry that an officer cannot refuse.

Whereas my other close relative retired without taking a single penny as bribe while serving as an auditor for the government. How was it possible cause here there is no set commission, you release the tender without pressing the contractor for money, you are just another honest accountant, an exception in the cog which does not hinder the process a bit, only the amount of bribe for your subordinates and superiors will increase to a ratio that will balance the amount you might have made if you were dishonest.

I guess in the police force there is also no choice like Petrobangla. You are part of the system and the commission just gets divided in a set percentage hierarchically.

Can you imagine we call ourselves a majority Muslim nation or try to establish that while the infrastructure is so rotten and anti-islamic.

A little off topic but both paying and receiving bribes are equally bad or atleast thats what I was taught as a kid. I have paid bribes myself a few times, once to board a ferry during eid. Few times to the traffic sergeant for not following the traffic rules .

One World
September 2, 2016, 10:34 PM
I am a by born Muslim but I am not a full practitioner of the essential rituals and practice that keeps you going. I do not mind enjoying Eid, share the fun, try not to do bad stuffs, if cannot do good. That is, in the core I am just another societal being.

But I am currently scared. Both Jackson Heights and Jamaica of Queens, NYC are full of sweet memories and two places I cherish most, and feel accomplished for being able to visit and stay more than once. I wonder what if I was at Jamaica tonight. After the brutal homicide of a 60+ BD immigrant lady, will I find it safe to walk around the subway, Hillside Ave, Homelawn St, 84th Place, 82nd Street like I did thousand times before? Although the Imam and his companion was killed around Ozone Park, the vicinity of such crimes should also not make me scare to walk around Kabab King, Kalpana Chawla alley, 74th Street and 37th Ave in Jackson Heights?

Yes. It does. I am about 4+ hrs North of NYC in a small town in New England and I am kinda worried about safety, as much for me, it is more for my 12 year old son who takes the bus to and from school by himself. He has to walk a block both ways to the stop. I am worried as he gets down from the bus in downtown to make it to Childcare. I am not much worried for myself as most of the time I am inside a car. But he is not.

ahnaf
September 3, 2016, 12:11 AM
রাজধানীর রূপনগরে গতকাল শুক্রবার রাতে পুলিশের অভিযানে এক জঙ্গি নিহত ও ওসিসহ তিন পুলিশ কর্মকর্তা আহত হয়েছেন। পুলিশ বলেছে, নিহত জঙ্গির সাংগঠনিক নাম মুরাদ ওরফে জাহাঙ্গীর। তিনি নব্য জেএমবির ‘প্রশিক্ষক’ এবং সংগঠনে নিহত জঙ্গি তামিম চৌধুরীর পরেই ছিল তাঁর অবস্থান। নারায়ণগঞ্জে জঙ্গি আস্তানায় অভিযানের পর পুলিশের কাছে তথ্য ছিল, তামিমের স্থলাভিষিক্ত হতে যাচ্ছেন এই মুরাদ।

অভিযানে আহত পুলিশ কর্মকর্তারা হলেন রূপনগর থানার ভারপ্রাপ্ত কর্মকর্তা (ওসি) সৈয়দ সহিদ আলম, পরিদর্শক (তদন্ত) শাহীন ফকির ও উপপরিদর্শক (এসআই) মমিনুর রহমান। তাঁদের ঢাকা মেডিকেল কলেজ হাসপাতালে প্রাথমিক চিকিৎসা দেওয়া হয়। পরে তাঁদের স্কয়ার হাসপাতালে স্থানান্তর করা হয়।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/966508/%E0%A6%8F%E0%A6%95-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%99%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%97%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%A4-%E0%A6%93%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%B9-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%A4-%E0%A7%A9

Update

রাজধানীর মিরপুরের রূপনগরে গতকাল শুক্রবার রাতে অভিযানের সময় জঙ্গি হামলায় আহত তিন পুলিশ কর্মকর্তার মধ্যে দুজনকে অস্ত্রোপচার শেষে নিবিড় পরিচর্যা কেন্দ্রে (আইসিইউ) রাখা হয়েছে। গতকাল রাতেই রাজধানীর স্কয়ার হাসপাতালে তাঁদের অস্ত্রোপচার সম্পন্ন হয়।

আজ শনিবার সকালে স্কয়ার হাসপাতালের কাস্টমার সার্ভিসের হুমায়ূন কবির এ তথ্য জানিয়েছেন।

অভিযানে আহত পুলিশ কর্মকর্তারা হলেন রূপনগর থানার ভারপ্রাপ্ত কর্মকর্তা (ওসি) সৈয়দ সহিদ আলম, পরিদর্শক (তদন্ত) শাহীন ফকির ও উপপরিদর্শক (এসআই) মমিনুর রহমান। তাঁদের মধ্যে ওসি সৈয়দ সহিদ আলম ও পরিদর্শক (তদন্ত) শাহীন ফকিরের অস্ত্রোপচার সম্পন্ন হয়েছে।

গতকাল রাতে ঢাকা মেডিকেল কলেজ হাসপাতালে আহত পুলিশ কর্মকর্তাদের প্রাথমিক চিকিৎসা দেওয়া হয়। পরে তাঁদের স্কয়ার হাসপাতালে স্থানান্তর করা হয়। সৈয়দ সহিদ আলমের পিঠে ও শাহীন ফকিরের কুঁচকিতে গুলি লেগেছে। শাহীন ফকিরের বাঁ বাহু ও মমিনুরের ডান হাতে ধারালো অস্ত্রের জখম রয়েছে।

অভিযানে এক জঙ্গি নিহত হয়েছেন। পুলিশ বলেছে, নিহত জঙ্গির সাংগঠনিক নাম মুরাদ ওরফে জাহাঙ্গীর। তিনি নব্য জেএমবির ‘প্রশিক্ষক’ এবং সংগঠনে নিহত জঙ্গি তামিম চৌধুরীর পরেই ছিল তাঁর অবস্থান। নারায়ণগঞ্জে জঙ্গি আস্তানায় অভিযানের পর পুলিশের কাছে তথ্য ছিল, তামিমের স্থলাভিষিক্ত হতে যাচ্ছেন এই মুরাদ। অভিযানের সময় জঙ্গি মুরাদ বেরিয়ে এসে পিস্তল দিয়ে পুলিশ সদস্যদের গুলি করে এবং ধারালো অস্ত্র দিয়ে কোপ দেয়। পুলিশ পাল্টা গুলি ছুড়লে ওই জঙ্গি নিহত হন।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/article/966649/%E0%A6%85%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%B0%E0%A7%8B%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%9A%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%B6%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B7%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%87%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%87%E0%A 6%89%E0%A6%A4%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B2%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B6-%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%95%E0%A 6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE

Jadukor
September 11, 2016, 12:04 AM
Rasta ghatey joto jongi e dhorey... shobar kasey jihadi boi pai... shob jongi mone hoi jihadi boi chara ghura fira koreyna
http://m.bdnews24.com/en/detail/bangladesh/1212030